Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im in too, give me about a week and ill make the deposit too.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:14 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by b15turbo
Im in too, give me about a week and ill make the deposit too.
Glad you are also aboard! Shouldnt be that long and we'll be kicking it with some new hardware!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Import and Domestic owner

Has anyone heard of any status with the pro cats?
Old 02-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by againstallodds1
Has anyone heard of any status with the pro cats?
status is they need about 7 more deposits
Old 02-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Ok guy's Blktl1 had just got his Procat installed. I met up with him they dynoyed his car at 244whp and then i took him for a ride in mine while they were installing his. When he was down the car SMACKED down 264whp Holly Crap is all i have to say. some of you younger motor out there could maybe see more. But never the less he gained 20whp like i said you guy's would. Another beliver has been made All you non believers good luck this procat is the real SNNIIZZLLL
Old 02-06-2006, 11:04 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

sure would like to hear about getting my system...
Old 02-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
sure would like to hear about getting my system...
Hey living in jersey has it's advantages But on a serious note he wanted to put out another quickly so all the non believers would have another car to see it on. And it was the same result. 20whp NICE
Old 02-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
Hey living in jersey has it's advantages But on a serious note he wanted to put out another quickly so all the non believers would have another car to see it on. And it was the same result. 20whp NICE
Nice gains. How soon until the rest of the kits ship?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Guys,

I got the pro-cats installed yesterday at E-Shift and all I have to say is wow. They made a world of a difference. right after the install with out the ECU adjusting the A/F I put down 264. Thats not bad. i might be putting down a couple more once my A/F adjusts accordingly. The guys at E shift are great and they are not bull shitting. These things really add 20 hp right off the bat no matter what mods you have. I have the injen and if you looked at the dynos. Nitro put down on an average about 4 more hp through out the entire rpm band due to the difference in intake. I only pulled that extra few up top cause of the pulley. I will try and post my dyno later today or tomorrow. let me know if you have any questions.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't wait to get mine. Did they say anything about when the others will ship out?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dan.....k
I can't wait to get mine. Did they say anything about when the others will ship out?
they have most of the parts. They are just waiting for some more Cats. they come from Australia and they said they are a pain in the a _ - to get to the US. they have mos of the flanges and everything welded. all they will have to do is assemble and ship. They will keep everyone informed and updated once they get the Cats
Old 02-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Also I have about 100 miles and no check engine light.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by blktl1
they have most of the parts. They are just waiting for some more Cats. they come from Australia and they said they are a pain in the a _ - to get to the US. they have mos of the flanges and everything welded. all they will have to do is assemble and ship. They will keep everyone informed and updated once they get the Cats
Thanks blktl1! I can't wait.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:26 AM
321 whp SAE

Also I have about 100 miles and no check engine light.

Where in the RPM range was the gain of 20? up top?
Old 02-07-2006, 08:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Yes,

The peak gains were up top. that is wnere it should be on a vtech motor i beleive. I really think I would have had more down lower if I had the AEM intake cause it has bigger piping. I would probably have been over 170. I think the injen stole WHP from me. I just dont think it is worth changin cause I am putting the charger on eventually. with the charger you will probably have 315- 320 to the wheels with no problem!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:33 AM

Whats up with this, I was second to put my deposit down and I live in NJ too. I put my name on the list 1st for install. I dont mind that blktl1 got his before me, but I havent heard anything from them. Honestly I am a little ticked off, no update, he told me around 3 weeks, and it has been 4 weeks now. Im calling today and finding out whats up. Sorry I am a little anxious, but that is why I put my name on the list 1st for install, and 2nd deposit down. What is going on here?
Old 02-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Whats up with this, I was second to put my deposit down and I live in NJ too. I put my name on the list 1st for install. I dont mind that blktl1 got his before me, but I havent heard anything from them. Honestly I am a little ticked off, no update, he told me around 3 weeks, and it has been 4 weeks now. Im calling today and finding out whats up. Sorry I am a little anxious, but that is why I put my name on the list 1st for install, and 2nd deposit down. What is going on here?

I dont think it was anything personal. I have been in contact with him for a while. i was calling him telling him that he needed to get a second dyno. I don think it was anything personal but he needed a car with a similar set up to compare and show everyone that it gained what it was supposed to. I was there yesterday and they have moslty everything there. when they get the cats, it will not take them very long to get everything to take off. Just be patient.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:39 AM

300+ whp will be great!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dan.....k
300+ whp will be great!
you will have well over 300 hp. Mike showed me the flow difference between the factory and after market with the compressor air. even with that little amount of pressure you can notice how much more free flowing these things are.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:43 AM
321 whp SAE

Nice.. now that my fuel problem is fixed, i have to get back to the dyno for the baseline. I don't have my A/F gauge hooked up yet so I want to see their A/F #'s though from what I have been told by a # of people they aren't accurate. We might need to add some fuel since we didn't modify the fuel pressure regulator. Either way, that's good news that the "cat" gains are consistent.. I hope to have them on soon..
Old 02-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
Nice.. now that my fuel problem is fixed, i have to get back to the dyno for the baseline. I don't have my A/F gauge hooked up yet so I want to see their A/F #'s though from what I have been told by a # of people they aren't accurate. We might need to add some fuel since we didn't modify the fuel pressure regulator. Either way, that's good news that the "cat" gains are consistent.. I hope to have them on soon..
Yeah A/f gauges are a joke. to me they are a waist of money and just for looks. I would definately make sure that you have everything squared away with the charger before you lean it out anymore than it already is.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:22 AM
321 whp SAE

Some A/F gauges aren't a joke. the one i'm putting in has an 02 sensor that's gonna be welded right into the pipe. this will give me a really good reading.. that's how you know if it's leaning out or not.. I'm not quite following your response... trying to make sense of it. there is nothing wrong with the charger.. what i am saying is in order to know if it's running lean, you need a good gauge with and o2 sensor welded right in.. THEN we can make fuel adjustments.. what i was saying is that the way that they measure A/F on the dyno isn't accurate. sticking the sensor up the tailpipe isn't accurate.. sorry for the bad explanation.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Burning Brakes

I was stating that A/F gauges in cars are sometimes no very accurate and you can not go by them. If you get a wide band sensor, they are pretty accurate and will tell you how your car is running. I think that your right on the A/F on the dyno because it sits at the end of the exhaust system and I think the reading is a little off. I am not saying that anything is wrong with your charger. I do not mean to offend you in any way but i am just telling you that some A/F gauges are a waiste because they are not very accurate. You just need to get the right one. It sounds like you know what to do so I am just going to shut my mouth now
Old 02-07-2006, 10:04 AM
321 whp SAE

I was stating that A/F gauges in cars are sometimes no very accurate and you can not go by them. If you get a wide band sensor, they are pretty accurate and will tell you how your car is running. I think that your right on the A/F on the dyno because it sits at the end of the exhaust system and I think the reading is a little off. I am not saying that anything is wrong with your charger. I do not mean to offend you in any way but i am just telling you that some A/F gauges are a waiste because they are not very accurate. You just need to get the right one. It sounds like you know what to do so I am just going to shut my mouth now

hahah.. hey man.. you have the ronjon kit right? i was thinking about getting it this summer maybe.. (don't worry, i won't drive up north and cancel yours out .) How is the color match and where did you get it painted. If you're happy with the results of the paint matching I would probably use your place.. you didn't offend me.. i didn't explain right.. you're right about the gauge.. i got the aem one, it's wideband, and a few people i know have it.. I know there is better out there but this should tell me if my engine is going to blow or not.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Burning Brakes

hahah.. hey man.. you have the ronjon kit right? i was thinking about getting it this summer maybe.. (don't worry, i won't drive up north and cancel yours out .) How is the color match and where did you get it painted. If you're happy with the results of the paint matching I would probably use your place.. you didn't offend me.. i didn't explain right.. you're right about the gauge.. i got the aem one, it's wideband, and a few people i know have it.. I know there is better out there but this should tell me if my engine is going to blow or not.
Yeah I have the ronjon kit. I acutally got it painted from him and the match is perfect. NBP does not have that much of a problem with the color match because the bumper is black already and that is the problem with the match as silver would be. Yeah my buddy has the AEM one on his EVo and it works just fine. You will have no problems. Hey man I have no problem with people having the same look. Its a free country and i actually like that people have the same tastes as I do. We should get a meet some where. i would like to feel hwo the charger is in the car B4 I put mine in.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:45 AM
321 whp SAE

Yeah I have the ronjon kit. I acutally got it painted from him and the match is perfect. NBP does not have that much of a problem with the color match because the bumper is black already and that is the problem with the match as silver would be. Yeah my buddy has the AEM one on his EVo and it works just fine. You will have no problems. Hey man I have no problem with people having the same look. Its a free country and i actually like that people have the same tastes as I do. We should get a meet some where. i would like to feel hwo the charger is in the car B4 I put mine in.
yeah that sounds good.. i just got off the phone with comptech and they're sending me a new pressure regulator already modified. they said it helps at high rpms.. i asked why they didn't include these in the supercharger kits and he said they were hard to get.. not true.. .. when i get it from them i'll let you know so you can feel the car the way it should be though it feels really good now..

i'm waiting for someone to put up a thread hijacking post.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Burning Brakes

yeah that sounds good.. i just got off the phone with comptech and they're sending me a new pressure regulator already modified. they said it helps at high rpms.. i asked why they didn't include these in the supercharger kits and he said they were hard to get.. not true.. .. when i get it from them i'll let you know so you can feel the car the way it should be though it feels really good now..

i'm waiting for someone to put up a thread hijacking post.
Hey we havent hyjacked anythiing. I want to do a comparison between boostes and not boosted. I will then post the difference between the two. okay maybe we did hyjack it a little. my bad everybody!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:04 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Nothing worse than being "home-towned". Basically what you are telling me/us is I could have sat on my money and not paid jack and been in about the same spot I am in now. Conflicting stories here....as I said WAY earlier....I dont want to read about people with these things installed and you not have shipped mine out to me yet.....and that is basically exactly what has happened here. Love that the NJ guys are getting great gains from this new system...but having been the first out the bag with my money when asked....leaving a friggin Indiana guy feeling jacked! Live and learn I guess....I will know better than to get involved with a project like this again on the front side...will just wait till its finished and deal with it then...unless that is....it is being made in my home town!

Question....if it takes a long time for the cats...how did they make another system already? I guess I am gonna have a act like a kid in a candy store and call five times a day and post fourteen posts about this in order to get action.....this thing started as just a list...now it seems to have broken to several parts...install list....ship list....pre-release list, ect. I dont know...and which takes priorities...nuff said I guess.....just getting somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth I guess....dude had to expect that though....just forget I said anything I guess....not that this has been hard to do up to now?
Old 02-07-2006, 12:58 PM
321 whp SAE

Nothing worse than being "home-towned". Basically what you are telling me/us is I could have sat on my money and not paid jack and been in about the same spot I am in now. Conflicting stories here....as I said WAY earlier....I dont want to read about people with these things installed and you not have shipped mine out to me yet.....and that is basically exactly what has happened here. Love that the NJ guys are getting great gains from this new system...but having been the first out the bag with my money when asked....leaving a friggin Indiana guy feeling jacked! Live and learn I guess....I will know better than to get involved with a project like this again on the front side...will just wait till its finished and deal with it then...unless that is....it is being made in my home town!

Question....if it takes a long time for the cats...how did they make another system already? I guess I am gonna have a act like a kid in a candy store and call five times a day and post fourteen posts about this in order to get action.....this thing started as just a list...now it seems to have broken to several parts...install list....ship list....pre-release list, ect. I dont know...and which takes priorities...nuff said I guess.....just getting somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth I guess....dude had to expect that though....just forget I said anything I guess....not that this has been hard to do up to now?
you DO have a point..
Old 02-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Burning Brakes

you DO have a point..
I dont think he is being reasonable at all. They needed another in house test vehicle to test the final project before they complete all the other ones. this was not meant to start trouble but to show everone that this will definately give you the gains that you expect.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
you DO have a point..

I understand the need to have a 2nd car done to verify/duplicate the gains advertised...but I would've thought those who plunked down their money would also be getting something soon. What is the turn around time/eta on these things? I know more cats are on the way...does that mean one week, two weeks, XXX weeks?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:30 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

I dont think he is being reasonable at all. They needed another in house test vehicle to test the final project before they complete all the other ones. this was not meant to start trouble but to show everone that this will definately give you the gains that you expect.
Uh, I think we believed that in the first place or we wouldnt have invested $600 down so quickly.....and I only heard about 1 to 2 people who didnt believe this would acheive a HP gain from the get go...and I would be willing to bet you that they STILL dont invest in this project even after your "prove it to em twice". These are the people we are trying to satisfy.....I dont think I was being unreasonable? I tend to agree with the more than one initial vehicle test...but I guess I would say he should have picked somebody that didnt come right on here and basically slap the people that have already paid in the face with the fact they dont have theirs. Didnt think that one out.....or was counting on somebody to be a little more discrete? Think about it...what are you gonna achieve by dodging right out to the board and talking about it, and saying....hey...these cats take a long time to get here from Australia...but I have mine on somehow...but those of you that laid out your fundage immediately to help support the project....well....those cats are a long way away you know? Begs the question somewhat. What he prob should have done is just release a second dyno result from "another shop car" and left it at that....because the second set of pipes begs the question for more systems.....
Old 02-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chill_dog

I understand the need to have a 2nd car done to verify/duplicate the gains advertised...but I would've thought those who plunked down their money would also be getting something soon. What is the turn around time/eta on these things? I know more cats are on the way...does that mean one week, two weeks, XXX weeks?

They never metioned to me about how much time. If everyone is this concerned just give them a call to find out the details.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:32 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

I think MB is being reasonable. Nitrotiger has been lauding this sytem since day one, wanting everyone to put their money down, etc. People then start to commit and they find out all this other stuff is going on. I understand that it does take some time to be built but if I put down a huge deposit I would expect a rather quick turn around or at least a detailed explanation from the company/shop doing the work. There was strong anticipation before the product was unveiled and a good response to the initial request for deposits before any were being made. Now that the interest is there people should not have to complain before they get an answer.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Burning Brakes

This is true when you put it that way. I guess well have to wait for them to chime in!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:47 PM

Talked to mike from e-shift this morning, he said I will be getting mine installed late this week, or early next week. I am happy to hear a date now. I was hoping to do this in a few days, so for this week. Thanks blktl1 for the advise. They should want to do this soon because I will be the 1st with a 5at tranny. That way everyone knows what they are getting, performance #s
Old 02-07-2006, 02:08 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

I guess I am just plain old F'ed because I am not from NJ? Geez. There always seems to be a reason to serve those first who paid 2nd or 3rd. Wish I would have known this before I doled out my cash.....this is JACKED people!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:10 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Talked to mike from e-shift this morning, he said I will be getting mine installed late this week, or early next week. I am happy to hear a date now. I was hoping to do this in a few days, so for this week. Thanks blktl1 for the advise. They should want to do this soon because I will be the 1st with a 5at tranny. That way everyone knows what they are getting, performance #s
See how this works people? I paid before this guy?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:20 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

This is just totally screwed....I will NEVER get involved in something like this again. NJ guys seem to take priority...doesnt matter when they got paid. Shit....anybody else from NJ want a set of pipes.....I am sure you would go right to the top of the list! I guess then we will go to NY....thats fairly close.....LONG TIME BEFORE THEY GET TO INDIANA...HUH? wow...could have saved my money and just waited until they got done with the Jersey boys first.....make sense?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:20 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
See how this works people? I paid before this guy?

road trip to NJ

Quick Reply: Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)