Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Import and Domestic owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im getting mine installed there. He might be shipping yours out before, like in a few days. Mike call e-shift and let him know how you feel, and yours should be in the mail within a week. He told me that blktl1 got his name on the list 1st, before deposits, that is why he got his first. The only complaint I have is that he never contacted us to give us a heads up, that is why I got pissed to begin with. I feel better now, and hopefully everything goes as planned. THIS WEEK
Old 02-07-2006, 02:29 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
road trip to NJ
No....just a phone call to paypal maybe or a call asking for a refund from E-shift? I still have not called them yet as I am pretty pissed right now about this friggin "list" thing and the way it is being worked and figured best to wait and cool off. This is just complete and udder bullshit!

On the other hand....I guess I could call Mike from E-shift 5 times a day so he understands that this was important to me? Seems like it got AgainstAllOdds put right up in front of me anyway?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
No....just a phone call to paypal maybe or a call asking for a refund from E-shift? I still have not called them yet as I am pretty pissed right now about this friggin "list" thing and the way it is being worked and figured best to wait and cool off. This is just complete and udder bullshit!

On the other hand....I guess I could call Mike from E-shift 5 times a day so he understands that this was important to me? Seems like it got AgainstAllOdds put right up in front of me anyway?
That is a mistake Mike, the last time I called e-shift,(before today) was 4 weeks ago with my deposit. I called this morning to find out why we werent getting any info( I live in NJ) and you were 1st on the list. My opinion is they all should of been made together, yours should of been in the mail, then me, blktl1 should of been getting an install. But that is my opinion. E-shift has a different one obviously.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:37 PM

Dont get me wrong Michael Benz I agree with you
Old 02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
road trip to NJ

there
Old 02-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys,

I dont think they meant to start any trouble at all. They just wanted another vehicle to make sure the power gains were consistant and that there was no check engine light. i understand that you are upset that you were 1st on the list for pay pal. i have been in contact with e shift since the day this post was made. I was just another ginnea pig for testing the cats more than anything. this was something that he had to keep local. i hear where you are coming from when your are anxious for something and you see someone get it before you when you were supposed to be #1. but on the contrary I think that I would rather have something that is properly tested like they are doing for fitment and everything. I am not trying to argue by any means but I think they have the best intensions and trust me they are working as fast as they can to get this product out on the market. the slower they are the less money they will make!!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 03:18 PM
ESP
10th Gear

Exclamation E-Shift ProCat

Lets get everyone on the right page!

First we needed 15 to 20 people to start production for this project but we only received 7 deposit payments. Remember we were expecting the 15 to 20 people to put there deposits down right away so the turn around time will be quick...BUT only 7 people did!! (Deposits only) We have ordered the cats expecting that we get the right amount of people to start production.

We have some of the pieces that just arrived for the E-Shift ProCat. For the local guys who but there deposit down. We will make sure all 3 pieces will fit your vehicle properly so there wont be any problems with the pieces being shipped for customers outside the tri-state area. So once we have made sure its 100% ready. The customers who want them shipped and who have paid will get there E-Shift Pro-Cat. But let everyone be patient please!

We will still make it for the people who have put down there deposit. But it will take time.

If you want your refund you can go through Paypal.
If you have concerns please contact us.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:40 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Old 02-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ESP
Lets get everyone on the right page!

First we needed 15 to 20 people to start production for this project but we only received 7 deposit payments. Remember we were expecting the 15 to 20 people to put there deposits down right away so the turn around time will be quick...BUT only 7 people did!! (Deposits only) We have ordered the cats expecting that we get the right amount of people to start production.

We have some of the pieces that just arrived for the E-Shift ProCat. For the local guys who but there deposit down. We will make sure all 3 pieces will fit your vehicle properly so there wont be any problems with the pieces being shipped for customers outside the tri-state area. So once we have made sure its 100% ready. The customers who want them shipped and who have paid will get there E-Shift Pro-Cat. But let everyone be patient please!

We will still make it for the people who have put down there deposit. But it will take time.

If you want your refund you can go through Paypal.
If you have concerns please contact us.

I THOUGHT THAT WAS VERY WELL SAID !!!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:33 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Not sure what that was all about? ^^^ Elbow?

Anyway....yes...I would agree, I certainly want them to fit right when they get here. I guess I was under the assumption that we were beyond this point when I talked to you and that most of the fit-work had been done already. Yes...your right...thats very important (proper fit) when you are shipping out of the immediate area and the end user would have to ship back for a redo....that wouldnt be good at all. I see your point there. Its just you see these people out "selling" for you....and you are somewhat led to believe that things are ready to go....
Old 02-07-2006, 06:05 PM
321 whp SAE

Well guys I just got mine installed. jk.. I'll wait til you guys get yours squared away before i jump in.. i'm content with the supercharger.. considering it tops the N/A Tl with the new cats i shouldn't talk though.. it wasn't long ago that my car was a ticking time bomb.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Racer

This is just totally screwed....I will NEVER get involved in something like this again. NJ guys seem to take priority...doesnt matter when they got paid. Shit....anybody else from NJ want a set of pipes.....I am sure you would go right to the top of the list! I guess then we will go to NY....thats fairly close.....LONG TIME BEFORE THEY GET TO INDIANA...HUH? wow...could have saved my money and just waited until they got done with the Jersey boys first.....make sense?
wow,
can i sell my spot for pipes, w/out even ever getting the pipes? is being from Jersey like having a stock option?

Old 02-07-2006, 07:00 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by jaycuzz
I THOUGHT THAT WAS VERY WELL SAID !!!

Agree. Thats reasonable and certianly a concern for a lot of out of state buyers. This information would have been nice to have about 10 pages ago although I am in no position to complain since I have put no money down, although I can understand the frustration from some of the members who have. This was a tricky thing to put together and advertise since ESP couldnt really mention anything until they became a vendor, and even before that they were not directly involved in the process until much discussion had already ensued. In any event, this seems like a great mod and those gains are very impressive.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Hang tight guy's he just recived some more cats today so things are starting to move along. Also rememebr since we did not get 15 to 20 people he has to put that money out of pocket so it will take longer for that. But i understand your frustration but remember there is light at the end of the tunnel. Now brklynpanman we need to run the boost vs the n/a we are going to video the run and post i think that would be nice to see what comptech has to offer + i am off this week so anytime you ready it's a challenge "lol"
Old 02-07-2006, 08:06 PM

Let me know when I would like to be there for that.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Instructor

me too
Old 02-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Racer

If they only didn't have the cats, I'd be all over them. Any chance you guys are gonna make a few w/o cats?
Old 02-08-2006, 12:46 AM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by encrypted03
If they only didn't have the cats, I'd be all over them. Any chance you guys are gonna make a few w/o cats?

have we figured out if there is anything that can plug into the o2 sensors without throwing a CEL? if so they would be much easier to make and most any exhaust shop, with the right flanges, could take care of that.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Racer

well, im hoping that they will work the same way as the cat-less headers did for my altima. they threw a code once in a while, but soldering the wire extensions and even adding o2 simulators took care of those problems.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by encrypted03
well, im hoping that they will work the same way as the cat-less headers did for my altima. they threw a code once in a while, but soldering the wire extensions and even adding o2 simulators took care of those problems.
I dont think there is any O2 simulators for the 2004 and up TL. I think Our computer is realy advanced and it is difficult to do. IF you have no cats it will not be that much of a difference from having high flow. you will maybe get and additional 5 whp is my guess. If you saw how free flowing these cats are you would understand. I think your best bet is to keep a cat and stay safe. That is my
Old 02-08-2006, 11:28 AM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by blktl1
I dont think there is any O2 simulators for the 2004 and up TL. I think Our computer is realy advanced and it is difficult to do. IF you have no cats it will not be that much of a difference from having high flow. you will maybe get and additional 5 whp is my guess. If you saw how free flowing these cats are you would understand. I think your best bet is to keep a cat and stay safe. That is my

yeah i think the computer is a problem that is going to be hard to deal with. the only reason i would even consider running w/o cats is because its easier to make (costs a hell of a lot less also) but overall i dont think its worth it, also if these cats are as good as they have been advertised to be then im going to run a smog on the car and see how the numbers look
Old 02-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Burning Brakes

yeah i think the computer is a problem that is going to be hard to deal with. the only reason i would even consider running w/o cats is because its easier to make (costs a hell of a lot less also) but overall i dont think its worth it, also if these cats are as good as they have been advertised to be then im going to run a smog on the car and see how the numbers look

And plus after you have to buy the 4 O2 sensors you would need to cover all the sensors it wouldnt be all that much cheaper I don think. I think each sensor would run you about 100 a peice. I am unsure but i am guessing. i would rather keep the cats and pass emissions. my guess is that if I have no CEL I am a happy camper.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:56 AM
tTLiang

how's the car drive Brett? you mentioned it's mostly up top. do you feel a huge difference on everyday driving? thanks.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ttliang
how's the car drive Brett? you mentioned it's mostly up top. do you feel a huge difference on everyday driving? thanks.
Yeah the peak whp gains were up top but the gains were through out the entire rpm range. Daily driving, it has given me more torque low end making it easier to keep it in that higher gear. It think I would have more low end if I had he AEM intake with the bigger tubing but I am putting the charger on in the spring so i really dont care about the few horses I am losing right know. honestly thing mod gave me the most noticable gains so far. with out even resetting the ECU and leting it catch up, it threw down 20 whp right off the bat on just one run.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:16 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
Hang tight guy's he just recived some more cats today so things are starting to move along. Also rememebr since we did not get 15 to 20 people he has to put that money out of pocket so it will take longer for that. But i understand your frustration but remember there is light at the end of the tunnel. Now brklynpanman we need to run the boost vs the n/a we are going to video the run and post i think that would be nice to see what comptech has to offer + i am off this week so anytime you ready it's a challenge "lol"
I do understand what you are saying there Nitrotiger....but when do you think I will get my set? If its a matter of money...if I can get a definate date and he is sure he can make a set that will fit out of the box (I think this is the holdup..he wants to make sure they are "bolt-ons" with no further modifications needed as we are out of immediate area)....I will send the other portion to get it going if needed? Let me know.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I do understand what you are saying there Nitrotiger....but when do you think I will get my set? If its a matter of money...if I can get a definate date and he is sure he can make a set that will fit out of the box (I think this is the holdup..he wants to make sure they are "bolt-ons" with no further modifications needed as we are out of immediate area)....I will send the other portion to get it going if needed? Let me know.

Sounds very similar to what I went through with the Wilwood BBK setup through Precision Brakes, which is why I will NEVER put money down first on a group buy starter project. I'll gladly wait months until production units finally come out. No reason to be the first on stuff like this when others will always catch up. Either way, glad we have some guinea pigs to test these babies out!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe I missed it.. but is the diameter of the tube larger? or is it just ported out?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by invincible569
Maybe I missed it.. but is the diameter of the tube larger? or is it just ported out?
Yes it was increase to about 2.5 inches. maybe bigger in some spots
Old 02-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Hold tight im posting the final product pics in a few i am working on it as we speak. This is what your going to recieve
Old 02-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Here are the links to look at final pics

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1small7gd.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?i...d1small1ss.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2small9cc.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33small4kt.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?i...cksmall1wu.jpg
Old 02-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Racer

Niceee!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:59 AM
321 whp SAE

where's the rest of the piping? or is that it
Old 02-09-2006, 11:52 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Just got a call from Mike at E-shift.....should be getting mine by next week. Thanks Mike from E-shift and Nitrotiger both in advance! Send remaining balance via paypal.....should be there now Mike.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:54 PM

Im going for the install tomorrow at 1pm. Thanks mike for the products and time, and thanks Nitro for making this happen. Ill post the dyno for an auto.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by bklynpanman
where's the rest of the piping? or is that it
Yeah, where's the piping from the primary cats to the secondary one? From the secondary to the exhaust (or does the exhaust connect directly to the secondary cat)?

Also, out-of-state folks already signed up are getting theirs next week...does that mean anyone getting in now will, as well? If not, what is the ETA?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
Im going for the install tomorrow at 1pm. Thanks mike for the products and time, and thanks Nitro for making this happen. Ill post the dyno for an auto.
I will meet you there tommrow i have met the last 2 guy's there i would like to meet up with you as well pm me will talk
Old 02-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by againstallodds1

SWEEEEEEET
Old 02-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Racer

Is there any increase in noise level at all? Raspiness? One thing I regretted when I bought headers for the altima was the thin stainless steel they used, which created a hissing sound everytime you pressed the gas.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:42 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Thanks for the pictures of the procat.

I am also wondering if there is piping from the primary to secondary cats?

Once I hear a review from a Forced Induction TL owner i'll go ahead and place an order. So dan...k or someone else be the guinea pig!

I predict there will be a ridiculous HP gain with this mod on the charged J32s.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:31 AM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Thanks for the pictures of the procat.

I am also wondering if there is piping from the primary to secondary cats?

Once I hear a review from a Forced Induction TL owner i'll go ahead and place an order. So dan...k or someone else be the guinea pig!

I predict there will be a ridiculous HP gain with this mod on the charged J32s.
next week man... those babies are getting smacked on.. good luck to the arm that has to get around the supercharger shaft to get to the cat.. !

Quick Reply: Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)