3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw the TL Type S on Motorweek, I had an orgasm it looks awesome! anyone have a cigarette
Old 09-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Intermediate

I know no one knows the answer to this, but what does everyone think the chances of the new type s selling around invoice when they come out, after all dealers make most of there money on voulme. If msrp is 39, figure invoice will be 35, or 36. thanks for all the vids and info, i was going to buy a manual 06 with nav, but think i want a type s now. Thanks
Old 09-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Racer

I don't think we'll see invoice pricing for awhile, unless sales are really lackluster.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Sidewayz
I know no one knows the answer to this, but what does everyone think the chances of the new type s selling around invoice when they come out
Bullshit.... That's kind of offensive to some of us. I think that I speak fo most of us when I say that, we bust our asses to pay MSRP for a tastey ride. If you need a good deal, maybe you should be wandering the KIA lot. If you want an "ass whoopin' ride" then you need to break off some funds.

On a lighter note.... Most Acura dealers don't have a clue when they will have this car on the lot. Anywhere from late November to January. Can anyone else verify a date? How many released?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Racer

Bullshit.... That's kind of offensive to some of us. I think that I speak fo most of us when I say that, we bust our asses to pay MSRP for a tastey ride. If you need a good deal, maybe you should be wandering the KIA lot. If you want an "ass whoopin' ride" then you need to break off some funds.
Your local dealer must love you.....
Old 09-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by invincible569
Ok guys... Toronto-TL just sent me a better quality and full version of the Motorweek TV review of the 07 TL. I uploaded it again at this new URL:

http://media.putfile.com/07-Acura-TL-S---Motorweek

I took off the first one.
damn that does look awesome thanks for the effort guys
Old 09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by uncald4

On a lighter note.... Most Acura dealers don't have a clue when they will have this car on the lot. Anywhere from late November to January. Can anyone else verify a date? How many released?
Wow. First of all i dont need to wonder the kia lot, because i can pay cash for this 40,000 dollar car if i want it. Cars and homes are 2 things no one should ever pay asking price for. The mfg knows this aswell, and thats why they set there pricing where it is and the people that are smarter shoppers will get a good deal, and the others will pay msrp. Im in sales, not in cars, but i am a salesperson, and actually 1 of the best out 3.3 billion dollar a year in sales company. I didn't think my commenet was at all offensive, but yours was. I will wait and see myself what the dealers do on the lot, but the question was more being asked for people that had bought new cars from acura, and got good deals at the release of the car. My honest feelings on a car is you should get about 15% off msrp for a decent deal. as soon as pricing is out to the dealer, i have a couple sales people i have been working with, and ill try to post the best pricing i can find.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow, that is the dumbest comment I have seen on here for a while. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but wow.

1). I don't see how ANYONE could take offense in Sidewayz's question.
2). I don't bust my ass to pay any more for something than I have to. I'd rather keep more money in my bank account. Since you enjoy "breaking off some funds" for your luxury car, why don't pay $5,000 over invoice for your '07 TL so I can get a deal on mine--I'd really appreciate it.
3). People who look for deals on new cars do not need to "wander Kia lots" just because they don't want to spend more than necessary. Warren Buffett's--you know, that billionaire guy--wife shops at thrift stores; could be because she likes the style of older clothing that she can only find in thrift stores, could be because she likes to save money. Who knows. The point is, you don't have to spend as much as possible for everything you buy.

To answer Sidewayz's question, I don't think you will be able to get a deal on the '07 TL for several months after its release, as I think the MMC was enough to help the TL remain as one of the best selling entry level luxury sport sedans on the market.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by levon1830
Wow, that is the dumbest comment I have seen on here for a while. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but wow.

1). I don't see how ANYONE could take offense in Sidewayz's question.
2). I don't bust my ass to pay any more for something than I have to. I'd rather keep more money in my bank account. Since you enjoy "breaking off some funds" for your luxury car, why don't pay $5,000 over invoice for your '07 TL so I can get a deal on mine--I'm a cheap guy, you know.
3). People who look for deals on new cars do not need to "wander Kia lots" just because they don't want to spend more than necessary. Warren Buffett's--you know, that billionaire guy--wife shops at thrift stores; could be because she likes the style of older clothing that she can only find in thrift stores, could be because she likes to save money. Who knows. The point is, you don't have to spend as much as possible for everything you buy.

To answer Sidewayz's question, I don't think you will be able to get a deal on the '07 TL for several months after its release, as I think the MMC was enough to help the TL remain as one of the best selling entry level luxury sport sedans on the market.
You're right. I don't know why these dumbass millionaires have been paying all their hard earned money on high priced Mercedes, BM's, Bently's and such. Stupid car manufacturers think they can build value in a car just by jacking up the price. Besides an SL65 AMG is just an overpriced Hyundai Tiburon anyway. Thank you for setting my priorities in line.

Good luck with your discounts and coupons.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chfields
Your local dealer must love you.....
I used to be a car sales man, and whoever paid msrp made a nice commission check for me but most people out in CA always want to deal so
Old 09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Intermediate

You're right. I don't know why these dumbass millionaires have been paying all their hard earned money on high priced Mercedes, BM's, Bently's and such. Stupid car manufacturers think they can build value in a car just by jacking up the price. Besides an SL65 AMG is just an overpriced Hyundai Tiburon anyway. Thank you for setting my priorities in line.

Good luck with your discounts and coupons.
Not saying its the nicest car in the world, but my brother who just bought his 07 e550 benz didn't pay msrp. He was also of the opinoin that he should get around 15% off sticker, and best he got was 12%, but he still sure as hell didn't pay msrp. And to be honest with you all the rich, like really rich people i know who have tons of money. I do know quite a few, are the stingies people, and while they may buy the best things i life, they are always looking for a deal.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Cruisin'

I have been visiting the board for month and finally joined. After seeing the TL-S I like it, its not all that bad could have been better. I would like to hear other opinion of what should I do.
1.) Buy an 06 TL for the price of 32K+ tax doc
2.) Buy an 07 TL-S
3.) Get my hand on this 2002 Q45 Infiniti
4.) Keep my '98 Honda Prelude

I would like to know what are some opinions. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Not saying its the nicest car in the world, but my brother who just bought his 07 e550 benz didn't pay msrp. He was also of the opinoin that he should get around 15% off sticker, and best he got was 12%, but he still sure as hell didn't pay msrp. And to be honest with you all the rich, like really rich people i know who have tons of money. I do know quite a few, are the stingies people, and while they may buy the best things i life, they are always looking for a deal.
As long as you're buying the car... because it's a good car. Not because it's "a good deal". I call it the CORVETTE FACTOR. In my area of work I deal with a fair amount of high end customers. Some customers try their damndest to be high end customers by stumbling on "a good deal". But can't afford to keep their purchase in proper working order. I see this mostly from Corvette and Cadillac owners. But, I see alot of this same shiznit from Acura owners. They found a hella deal on an Acura. Now they can't seem to maintain it on their Best Buy/ Townhouse salary. My two cents.... If you can't seem to afford a pound of strawberries. You should be shopping for a pound of blackberries.

Acura cannot afford to pay a high end R&D team by discounting their product. The 2007 TL Type-S is a highly researched and highly developed machine. I will gladly pay full price to ensure that my product will stay high end.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Racer

I guess this means that you are so rich, you can afford to just throw money away, when it's not necessary. This is America and you are free to waste your money if you choose, it is YOUR money. If you want to pay full price, then I say go ahead, you'll make the salesman and dealership very happy. If your happy, who cares.....
Old 09-04-2006, 11:34 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

Originally Posted by sloppymop
I have been visiting the board for month and finally joined. After seeing the TL-S I like it, its not all that bad could have been better. I would like to hear other opinion of what should I do.
2.) Buy an 07 TL-S
4.) Keep my '98 Honda Prelude

I would like to know what are some opinions. Thanks in advance.
My strategy is to keep my 98 Passat (I was a Prelude owner, so nothing wrong with keeping it) till I find what I want among 07 TL-S, G35 & IS250. I can wait till next summer or even for 08 models. I am definitley getting the manual transmission.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Advanced

As long as you're buying the car... because it's a good car. Not because it's "a good deal". I call it the CORVETTE FACTOR. In my area of work I deal with a fair amount of high end customers. Some customers try their damndest to be high end customers by stumbling on "a good deal". But can't afford to keep their purchase in proper working order. I see this mostly from Corvette and Cadillac owners. But, I see alot of this same shiznit from Acura owners. They found a hella deal on an Acura. Now they can't seem to maintain it on their Best Buy/ Townhouse salary. My two cents.... If you can't seem to afford a pound of strawberries. You should be shopping for a pound of blackberries.

Acura cannot afford to pay a high end R&D team by discounting their product. The 2007 TL Type-S is a highly researched and highly developed machine. I will gladly pay full price to ensure that my product will stay high end.
lol...wow
Old 09-05-2006, 05:57 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by johnAboy
lol...wow
One things for sure...
Those rich people you reference above didn't get rich nor will stay rich with your mentallity of not doing everything you can to ensure optimum value in every investment. Paying MSRP does nothing to ensure ROI.

Outside of the bling rapper and pro sports player (dummies with money stigma) who walk into the local Cadillac dealer and pay sticker, becasue money is no real object to them, the average dude with a million bucks squezees every nickel until the buffalo farts.

A component of smart investing is frugal spending my friend.

I'm not sure how you apply your "Crovette Factor" to Acura's either. The Honda one of the most maintenence free cars you can buy... and all you have to do is put gas in it.

You have a pretty jaded view of the car industry.

Needless to say, lets not this thread devolve into "if ou can't pay syticker, you can't afford to be here"... That's crap. Soe peoples priorities are more oriented towards thier cars, when all know there are better investments... So be it.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the motorweek review, they said the TL-S is the ONLY TL available in 6MT. I didn't have time to read through this entire post, but is this true?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jdb8805
On the motorweek review, they said the TL-S is the ONLY TL available in 6MT. I didn't have time to read through this entire post, but is this true?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Intermediate

trying to get this thread back on topic, the car did look amazing in the motorweek review. I will definatly be going in for a test drive when a dealer close to me gets one on the lot.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Intermediate

Long time lurker, Recent Member, First Post, Patiently waiting to buy my first Acura which will be an 07 TL.

I may be wrong, but I dont think that the price we negociate with the dealer has anything to do with the amount of money available to the HIGH END R&D TEAM.

Except for the factory incentives, which applies to everyone including RAP STARS, the dealer pays the same for the car weather we pay $1000.00 below invoice or $1000.00 above MSRP.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Advanced

How many people here would get a Type-S over a fully loaded '07 G35 considering that they are the same price? Let's just say $36,000.. That's the dilemma I am in.. I mean still like the looks of the TL over '07 G35 but RWD and built-in hard drive are tempting.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:45 PM
agi
Intermediate

So can someone for sure say when will we get the new body style? Is it at the end of 2007 as '08 or at the end of 2008 as '09?

I just got '06 black Acura TL and am hoping to keep it for a year to change it for a new body style? Maybe then they will have AWD!

When is it coming though?
Old 09-05-2006, 01:46 PM
B-Series For Life.

End of '08 I believe.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:49 PM
agi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Stein357
End of '08 I believe.

Well, seems like I'll be keeping my '06 for 2 years then
Old 09-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acuraz88
How many people here would get a Type-S over a fully loaded '07 G35 considering that they are the same price? Let's just say $36,000.. That's the dilemma I am in.. I mean still like the looks of the TL over '07 G35 but RWD and built-in hard drive are tempting.
I'm in almost the same boat except 1) I would be looking at the G35x as I need AWD because RWD won't work well in the snow, and 2) I won't be ready to buy until Feb - Aprilish.

But, I'm having a hard time justifying the Type-S over the Infiniti if the pricing were the same.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Infiniti (but last week I was leaning toward the Acura), but I don't think I can tell for sure until I drive both and see what kind of deal (that's right, I'm not going to may MSRP either ) I can get on both.

If I were buying a 2006 model, the TL is the clear winner in my mind, the interior of the Infiniti just wasn't acceptable even though it did drive better, IMO.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Moving Target
I'm in almost the same boat except 1) I would be looking at the G35x as I need AWD because RWD won't work well in the snow, and 2) I won't be ready to buy until Feb - Aprilish.

But, I'm having a hard time justifying the Type-S over the Infiniti if the pricing were the same.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Infiniti (but last week I was leaning toward the Acura), but I don't think I can tell for sure until I drive both and see what kind of deal (that's right, I'm not going to may MSRP either ) I can get on both.

If I were buying a 2006 model, the TL is the clear winner in my mind, the interior of the Infiniti just wasn't acceptable even though it did drive better, IMO.

I agree with most of what you say, but my vote is also swayed by the desire to have a manual transmission. The G35x doesn't offer it at all, so I guess I'm going to be in the TL-S camp. (manual + fwd) for me beats (auto or sportshift + AWD). Just love my manuals!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Did anyone else read the review on autobytel? You can now hold first gear on the auto tranny when in SS:

READ ME!!

Manual mode on both TLs requires the driver to upshift out of first gear and downshift into first gear – the car won’t do so automatically – so don’t forget you chose to select your own gears or you’re gonna look like a ninny.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:15 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Dude, there's like an 8% mark-up on Acuras mostly. At 15% off of MSRP on a TL Navi you'd be $2,500 below invoice. Although this would never happen, you would consider it a 'decent deal'? Ha ha. Nice one!

My honest feeling is your numbers are pretty messed up. Now if you're buying a Ford or something maybe but since you're on an Acura forum you may be in the wrong place.

My honest feelings on a car is you should get about 15% off msrp for a decent deal.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Mud Man

Anyone else not feeling the cheap ricer looking tail lights and the crappy nissan altima type rims on the new S-Type?

http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/tls3.jpg
Old 09-05-2006, 04:27 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Please don't say you speak for others. When I got my '04 TL most places weren't going much below sticker. I shopped around and found one for a price that was acceptable to both myself and the dealer. I don't think anyone lost in this situation, so why should I pay more than whatwe can agree upon?

As for dates - I was at a dealer on Friday and he thought they may see the 07 TLs in October, but I'm not holding my breath - or planning on getting rid of my '04 for several years.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
whut

Originally Posted by chfields
I don't think we'll see invoice pricing for awhile, unless sales are really lackluster.
Why wouldn't they be? The TL-S is not going to be viewed as a good value or enough of an upgrade for the money compared to the base TL (or the new G35 sedan). Can you say "SHO"?
Old 09-05-2006, 05:01 PM
whut

I know this has already been covered, but that has to be one of the most financially uninformed posts I've ever read on any message board. How do you think people acquire and maintain wealth? By needlessly throwing money away???

Holy sh*t.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by theslik1
Why wouldn't they be? The TL-S is not going to be viewed as a good value or enough of an upgrade for the money compared to the base TL (or the new G35 sedan). Can you say "SHO"?
How well did the '02 TL-S sell when it came out?

Read at my previous post in this thread for why I think the (currently speculated) MSRP of the TL-S is fair.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Racer

I agree in so far as I don't think the Type S can compete with the likes of the G35, Lexus IS350, etc, but it will take a while for them to figure that out.....
Old 09-05-2006, 06:01 PM
agi
Intermediate

I just bought an '06 with 9000 miles on it for $30'000. I might have overpaid, but the condition of the car was excelent and I was happy with the deal (4.9% loan) so I took it

I won't replace it until the new body style will come out in 2008-09?

But I'll be getting the S version for sure. Hopefully with AWD!! Yeah baby!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:01 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by moeronn
Please don't say you speak for others. When I got my '04 TL most places weren't going much below sticker. I shopped around and found one for a price that was acceptable to both myself and the dealer. I don't think anyone lost in this situation, so why should I pay more than whatwe can agree upon?

As for dates - I was at a dealer on Friday and he thought they may see the 07 TLs in October, but I'm not holding my breath - or planning on getting rid of my '04 for several years.
When the 3G TL first hit the dealers in October 2003, you would have been extrermly hard pressed to find a dealer selling below the MSRP sticker. It'll probably be the same when the Type-S 1st hits the showrooms.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
whut

Originally Posted by levon1830
How well did the '02 TL-S sell when it came out?

Read at my previous post in this thread for why I think the (currently speculated) MSRP of the TL-S is fair.
I'm not saying the price isn't fair. What I'm saying is the TL-S won't be perceived as a good value, particularly when compared (and it will be, every time) to the new G35. It'll end up being discounted just like the SHO to get them off the showroom floor. Maybe the RL is a better example...

Note that the G35 didn't exist when the '02 TL-S came out. Major flaw in your argument.

Also note that I'm not slamming the base TL, which is still seen as a screaming bargain, and should continue selling well. Personally, I love my '04, but would never put down $39K for the minimal upgrades offered by the TL-S.

Bottom line: TL-S doesn't deliver what it needed to in order to attract customers at MSRP. Pure and simple. See you at the bargain bin, a la RL.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:44 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Nobody got richer buying a new car my friend. You want to maintain your wealth? You buy a used car or lease the *right* car.

Originally Posted by theslik1
How do you think people acquire and maintain wealth? By needlessly throwing money away???

Holy sh*t.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by johnAboy
lol...wow
me too

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1