Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by uncald4
As long as you're buying the car... because it's a good car. Not because it's "a good deal". I call it the CORVETTE FACTOR. In my area of work I deal with a fair amount of high end customers. Some customers try their damndest to be high end customers by stumbling on "a good deal". But can't afford to keep their purchase in proper working order. I see this mostly from Corvette and Cadillac owners. But, I see alot of this same shiznit from Acura owners. They found a hella deal on an Acura. Now they can't seem to maintain it on their Best Buy/ Townhouse salary. My two cents.... If you can't seem to afford a pound of strawberries. You should be shopping for a pound of blackberries.

Acura cannot afford to pay a high end R&D team by discounting their product. The 2007 TL Type-S is a highly researched and highly developed machine. I will gladly pay full price to ensure that my product will stay high end.
This is effing hilarious! I've bought two of them in the past 6 years and didn't pay anywhere close to MSRP. Who do you think spends more on internal R&D - Acura or GM? And the type S is a "highly researched and developed machine"? Does that explain why it's a highly torque steered machine, too?

Here's a clue about what high end means: Acura only has one vehicle that fits that description, and it's almost 15 years old. All other Acuras are characterized by high value. That's why I've bought two of them.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theslik1
I'm not saying the price isn't fair. What I'm saying is the TL-S won't be perceived as a good value, particularly when compared (and it will be, every time) to the new G35. It'll end up being discounted just like the SHO to get them off the showroom floor. Maybe the RL is a better example...

Note that the G35 didn't exist when the '02 TL-S came out. Major flaw in your argument.

Also note that I'm not slamming the base TL, which is still seen as a screaming bargain, and should continue selling well. Personally, I love my '04, but would never put down $39K for the minimal upgrades offered by the TL-S.

Bottom line: TL-S doesn't deliver what it needed to in order to attract customers at MSRP. Pure and simple. See you at the bargain bin, a la RL.
Touché.

I tried to find sales figures on both the '03 TL and the '03 G35, but couldn't find any that itemized the number of the TL-S sales. I also couldn't find any figures on how many customers bought their cars with navi. Without this information, I cannot argue my point any further. But my speculation remains the same: Acura will meet their sales goals with the TL-S, since there are several very desireable options that are exclusive to the TL-S (3.5L engine, manual tranny, sport tuned suspension, ANC, etc.).
Old 09-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Not a dude.

As long as you're buying the car... because it's a good car. Not because it's "a good deal". I call it the CORVETTE FACTOR. In my area of work I deal with a fair amount of high end customers. Some customers try their damndest to be high end customers by stumbling on "a good deal". But can't afford to keep their purchase in proper working order. I see this mostly from Corvette and Cadillac owners. But, I see alot of this same shiznit from Acura owners. They found a hella deal on an Acura. Now they can't seem to maintain it on their Best Buy/ Townhouse salary. My two cents.... If you can't seem to afford a pound of strawberries. You should be shopping for a pound of blackberries.

Acura cannot afford to pay a high end R&D team by discounting their product. The 2007 TL Type-S is a highly researched and highly developed machine. I will gladly pay full price to ensure that my product will stay high end.

This thread is getting pretty funny. I just had to put my in.

I applaud what appears to be this poster's financial altruism. If I understand him, he appears to be saying that we, as consumers, should financially support Acura (the company) by paying full price (MSRP) for their product, thus ensuring quality products in the future.

Good motive, I guess, but so financially illiterate that it's actually hilarious.

Anyone who pays MSRP or heaven forbid, MSRP +, is simply putting extra $$ in the pocket of the dealer, not the manufacturer. Not a penny of that extra money will go to the "R&D team." Each dealer is an independent business and, as such, has absolutely nothing to do with developing the product. They sell what they company sends them.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:31 PM
whut

Originally Posted by levon1830
Touché.

I tried to find sales figures on both the '03 TL and the '03 G35, but couldn't find any that itemized the number of the TL-S sales. I also couldn't find any figures on how many customers bought their cars with navi. Without this information, I cannot argue my point any further. But my speculation remains the same: Acura will meet their sales goals with the TL-S, since there are several very desireable options that are exclusive to the TL-S (3.5L engine, manual tranny, sport tuned suspension, ANC, etc.).
My anecdotal evidence suggests that the G35 hurt '03 TL-S sales badly, since at least two dealers in my area were offering deep discounts to get them off the lot. I also take into account that many potential TL customers (including myself) had seen the 3rd gen TL concept and were holding their wallets until that model came out. Purely anecdotal, however.

Since you were kind enough to entertain my argument, I'll entertain yours and won't entirely discount that Acura will sell their quota of TL-S's. However, I think that a) it'll be a tough sell, and b) Acura may "revise" their sales targets. And I still think they'll have to move at a significant discount.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:42 PM
whut

Originally Posted by rt4563

This thread is getting pretty funny. I just had to put my in.

I applaud what appears to be this poster's financial altruism. If I understand him, he appears to be saying that we, as consumers, should financially support Acura (the company) by paying full price (MSRP) for their product, thus ensuring quality products in the future.

Good motive, I guess, but so financially illiterate that it's actually hilarious.

Anyone who pays MSRP or heaven forbid, MSRP +, is simply putting extra $$ in the pocket of the dealer, not the manufacturer. Not a penny of that extra money will go to the "R&D team." Each dealer is an independent business and, as such, has absolutely nothing to do with developing the product. They sell what they company sends them.

mind if I watch too?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CL6
Dude, there's like an 8% mark-up on Acuras mostly. At 15% off of MSRP on a TL Navi you'd be $2,500 below invoice. Although this would never happen, you would consider it a 'decent deal'? Ha ha. Nice one!

My honest feeling is your numbers are pretty messed up. Now if you're buying a Ford or something maybe but since you're on an Acura forum you may be in the wrong place.
Via email contacting dealers looking at an 06 manual with navi black on black, so im being selective here. i have got dealers to 31,000. Now this is not walking into a dealer with 15-20 grand cash and pre approved financing and saying i want it for this or im walking, and if they dont deal i will walk. One thing you learn in sales, is you never let someone walk because someone down the road will beat the price. Your right maybe there is a small markup on acura. Even though i will never believe dealers buy cars for invoice. Having a friend that runs a ford dealership...... Anyways what you dont understand is dealers make alot of volume. If they hit there goal, say 20 tl's for the month, acura might send them a check for 1-5k per car. Depending on the volume they did. Oh and by the way the 31,000 dollar price is little over 13% off msrp. toyota, acura, honda they will all deal, not as easily, but they will.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Advanced

Does anyone know when Acura is announcing the pricing of the 07 TL???
Old 09-05-2006, 11:51 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm afraid you're slightly confused. Acura does not 'send them a check' if they sell more cars. They may raise their allocation but Acura is not an ATM. The true cost of a TL is Invoice (32,875) minus 1,000. So we are at 31,875. Holdback is there. Now if you have 31,000 on a TL Navi 6 speed then you have done a good job. I still am doubtful the dealer will not try and add other things onto this once you arrive. If the deal doesn't make sense they will walk you. Depends where you live.

Since I sell Acuras for a living I'm somewhat familiar with the process. I'm not saying you cannot get what you say you have, but I am doubtful.

Originally Posted by Sidewayz
Via email contacting dealers looking at an 06 manual with navi black on black, so im being selective here. i have got dealers to 31,000. Now this is not walking into a dealer with 15-20 grand cash and pre approved financing and saying i want it for this or im walking, and if they dont deal i will walk. One thing you learn in sales, is you never let someone walk because someone down the road will beat the price. Your right maybe there is a small markup on acura. Even though i will never believe dealers buy cars for invoice. Having a friend that runs a ford dealership...... Anyways what you dont understand is dealers make alot of volume. If they hit there goal, say 20 tl's for the month, acura might send them a check for 1-5k per car. Depending on the volume they did. Oh and by the way the 31,000 dollar price is little over 13% off msrp. toyota, acura, honda they will all deal, not as easily, but they will.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
The TOV forum says Acura claims they saved one second 0-60 and 1/4 mile on the type s.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Acura98TL
Does anyone know when Acura is announcing the pricing of the 07 TL???

I just heard from my leasing company and they now have the '07 TL prices from Acura and that there will be a 3 % increase over the '06 prices.

This is, of course, in Canada.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
The TOV forum says Acura claims they saved one second 0-60 and 1/4 mile on the type s.
Linky?
Old 09-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Never mind, I found it.

CLICK ME!!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:34 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

Originally Posted by agi
I just bought an '06 with 9000 miles on it for $30'000. I might have overpaid, but the condition of the car was excelent and I was happy with the deal (4.9% loan) so I took it

I won't replace it until the new body style will come out in 2008-09?

But I'll be getting the S version for sure. Hopefully with AWD!! Yeah baby!

i too just got one new, well in july for 30,500 w no navi w 15 miles on it.
iam sure prices have dropped since,,,maybe not.
it doesnt matter when ur paying 30 some thousand,,,whats a couple hundred dollars.
and as long as ur happy with it, who cares!
iam also considering keeping it for a couple years when the new 08-09 come to town.
or i may move on and go to a ride more plush....!!!!!
i hope over the years as the newer TLs keep coming, they dont get too tacky looking.
i like the plain and simple/sleek look!!

www.hardbazzfusion.com
Old 09-06-2006, 04:49 PM
agi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sistim turbo
i too just got one new, well in july for 30,500 w no navi w 15 miles on it.
iam sure prices have dropped since,,,maybe not.
it doesnt matter when ur paying 30 some thousand,,,whats a couple hundred dollars.
and as long as ur happy with it, who cares!
iam also considering keeping it for a couple years when the new 08-09 come to town.
or i may move on and go to a ride more plush....!!!!!
i hope over the years as the newer TLs keep coming, they dont get too tacky looking.
i like the plain and simple/sleek look!!

www.hardbazzfusion.com
I forgot to add, mine is with Navigation
Old 09-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My anecdotal evidence suggests that the G35 hurt '03 TL-S sales badly, since at least two dealers in my area were offering deep discounts to get them off the lot. I also take into account that many potential TL customers (including myself) had seen the 3rd gen TL concept and were holding their wallets until that model came out. Purely anecdotal, however.

Since you were kind enough to entertain my argument, I'll entertain yours and won't entirely discount that Acura will sell their quota of TL-S's. However, I think that a) it'll be a tough sell, and b) Acura may "revise" their sales targets. And I still think they'll have to move at a significant discount.
It might have hurt the 03' TL-S for sure! But here is the 05' Sales figures:

Just a note 18,309 G35 Sedans were sold in 05' down 3.3%
32,508 TL Sedans were sold in 05' down 0.4%

I dont think Acura is counting on the New Type-S to be the volume leader or large amount of sales. I think they should sell well enough, even though it is not what was needed in the TL line up, pretty much a stop gap premium model until the totally new model comes out...
Old 09-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hugh9269
It might have hurt the 03' TL-S for sure! But here is the 05' Sales figures:

Just a note 18,309 G35 Sedans were sold in 05' down 3.3%
32,508 TL Sedans were sold in 05' down 0.4%

I dont think Acura is counting on the New Type-S to be the volume leader or large amount of sales. I think they should sell well enough, even though it is not what was needed in the TL line up, pretty much a stop gap premium model until the totally new model comes out...
I don't know where you got those figures, but this shows 78,218 TL's sold in 2005.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=470508
Old 09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TBnDFW
I don't know where you got those figures, but this shows 78,218 TL's sold in 2005.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=470508
Whoops! those are YTD in 05; from May

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165239
Old 09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Advanced

That has to be one of the most unintelligent statements I have ever read. The only thing you should ever pay close to retail for is a Rolex....and even then you can typically get some money off LOL.
He said "hella" hahahahaha

I work hard for my money. Why on EARTH would I want to part so easily and foolishly with it? I bought a Prada suit a couple of weeks ago. Do you think I paid the $2600 SRP on it just because I could? Of course not, I got it on sale at Saks!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:23 PM
6MT & LSD

I'm not saying the price isn't fair. What I'm saying is the TL-S won't be perceived as a good value, particularly when compared (and it will be, every time) to the new G35. It'll end up being discounted just like the SHO to get them off the showroom floor. Maybe the RL is a better example...

Note that the G35 didn't exist when the '02 TL-S came out. Major flaw in your argument.

Also note that I'm not slamming the base TL, which is still seen as a screaming bargain, and should continue selling well. Personally, I love my '04, but would never put down $39K for the minimal upgrades offered by the TL-S.

Bottom line: TL-S doesn't deliver what it needed to in order to attract customers at MSRP. Pure and simple. See you at the bargain bin, a la RL.
I can't agree with you. The TL-S will still be perceived as a good value if you're comparing it to an equally equipped G35, or any other. People paid similar prices for A-Spec TL's - the TL-S is offering far more.

The RL didn't sell well because people wanted V-8's, which is what the competitors had. Comparing the TL-S sales to the RL's doesn't make any sense, imo.

I don't know what you expect for the $5000~ bump over the MSRP. You got suspension, different wheels, the back up cam, the aero kit, spoiler, different engine, different front facia, sportier seats, and how about the fact that people will recognize this TL-S even when there's a ton of TL's around? It's kinda like the respect Civic Si's get over regular civics; and S4 over A4's.

Accordingly to your theory, the Accord should hurt TL sales tremendously, but it doesn't.

IMO, bottom line: Acura clearly identified their target market and brought an appealing package that will sell, as well as help the "base" TL sales.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ndx2
I can't agree with you. The TL-S will still be perceived as a good value if you're comparing it to an equally equipped G35, or any other. People paid similar prices for A-Spec TL's - the TL-S is offering far more.

The RL didn't sell well because people wanted V-8's, which is what the competitors had. Comparing the TL-S sales to the RL's doesn't make any sense, imo.

I don't know what you expect for the $5000~ bump over the MSRP. You got suspension, different wheels, the back up cam, the aero kit, spoiler, different engine, different front facia, sportier seats, and how about the fact that people will recognize this TL-S even when there's a ton of TL's around? It's kinda like the respect Civic Si's get over regular civics; and S4 over A4's.

Accordingly to your theory, the Accord should hurt TL sales tremendously, but it doesn't.

IMO, bottom line: Acura clearly identified their target market and brought an appealing package that will sell, as well as help the "base" TL sales.
You will be hard pressed to tell the difference between the 2 TL's unless you look at wheels or from the back. I think some will be willing to spend $40K+ on a TL-S, I don't think people spending $40K on a car will go for TL, when they can get Lexus, BMW and G35 for that much $$...Only time will tell.....
Old 09-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ndx2

very convincing statements there...
Old 09-07-2006, 11:08 PM
2007 NBP TL-S

Edmunds first drive of the new TL type S...
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=116731#26
Old 09-08-2006, 12:26 AM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DMZ
When the 3G TL first hit the dealers in October 2003, you would have been extrermly hard pressed to find a dealer selling below the MSRP sticker. It'll probably be the same when the Type-S 1st hits the showrooms.
I got mine in March when they started discounting the base TL, but they still weren't budging much on the Navis.

Originally Posted by CL6
Nobody got richer buying a new car my friend. You want to maintain your wealth? You buy a used car or lease the *right* car.
I agree with the first part of your statement and before disagreeing with the second part, can you elaborate more on leasing the *right* car? From my perspective, the only way leasing makes financial sense is when you can claim the lease as a business expense. I have leased a vehicle before, but I'll admit it wasn't the smartest move I ever made financially.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:53 AM
B-Series For Life.

Originally Posted by Wyman
Edmunds first drive of the new TL type S...
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=116731#26

Interesting, it says the Type S will be able to be ordered with or without Navigation.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:43 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Certain cars are heavily subsidized and thus very cheap to lease. Honda Civic sometimes, VW Jetta sometimes, etc...

Buying a used car is the most cost effective but leasing the *right* car (like a the 06 Civic for $129 per month) is good, too.

Originally Posted by moeronn
can you elaborate more on leasing the *right* car? From my perspective, the only way leasing makes financial sense is when you can claim the lease as a business expense. I have leased a vehicle before, but I'll admit it wasn't the smartest move I ever made financially.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:48 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Oh, Jeez - let's not start another "Leasing v. Buying" thread.

If you don't like leasing or you don't understand it, that's fine. But many of us have done extensive research into leasing and find it to be the best and lowest-cost alternative for us.

So please avoid uninformed generalizations like saying it's only good if you can write it off as a business expense or that it's appropriate only for Honda Civics. Thanks to leasing, many of us are enjoying cars that are far more expensive than we'd be willing (or able, in some cases) to buy. And on top of the money we save every month, we don't have to worry about what it will be worth in 3 years when we want to trade.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:55 PM

From Autospies:

This Acura gets the 3.5l V-6 engine pushing out 286 hp and comes with a 6-speed manual transmission. This is Acura's bread and butter and sells around 80k units a year, so adding some excitement in the lineup before a redesign was needed. The Acura faces stiff competition as its major competitors, BMW 3-series and Lexus IS, were just redesigned. "Acura sharpens its TooL" lets see how it does.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by Stein357
Interesting, it says the Type S will be able to be ordered with or without Navigation.

The web site doesn't say that. it says Nav standard on the TL Type S
Old 09-09-2006, 03:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuraboy7
2007 Acura TL - Specifications

Guys on http://hondanews.com/CatID3001?mid=2...60337&mime=asc

you'll find all the possible informations about the TL 2007 and Type-S, specifications, powertrain, body, chassis, features...

A little example:

TL Type-S
3.5-liter, SOHC VTEC V-6
286 hp @ 6200 rpm
256 lbs-ft @ 5000 rpm
6800 rpm
3.50 in x 3.66 in (89 mm x 93 mm)
212 cu in (3471 cc)
11.0:1
Programmed multi-point Injection (PGM-FI)
Variable valve Timing and Lift electronic Control (VTEC(TM)) with 4-valves-per-cylinder, belt-driven, single overhead camshaft
Aluminum alloy with centrifugally cast iron cylinder liners
Aluminum alloy with 4-valves-per-cylinder with pent-roof combustion chambers
CARB LEV-2 ULEV/ EPA Tier 2-Bin 5
Electronic Direct
12 volt - 130 amp
12V-72ah/20hr
Premium Unleaded
Transverse mounted, front engine, front-wheel-drive
5-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift, Grade Logic Control and F1-style paddle shifter
or
Close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission with limited slip differential
Manual Transmission (Type-S only)

TL Type-S - Ventilated Brembo, 12.2 in (310 mm) diameter, 0.98 in (25 mm) rotor thickness

TL Type-S - Brembo 4-piston front brake calipers and single piston rear
Old 09-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
[QUOTE=krio]2007 Acura TL - Specifications

About the accessories:

ACCESSORIES

The TL and TL Type-S have a wide range of exterior accessories available through Acura dealers. They are factory warranted for 4 years/50,000 miles when purchased with the vehicle.

Individual exterior accessories include:

17-inch and 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
Back-up sensor
Bodyside protectors
Car cover
Decklid spoiler (not available for Type-S)
Door edge guards
Door window visor
Engine block heater
Front and rear splash guards
Front under spoiler
Side Under spoiler
Gold emblem kit
Moonroof visor
Nose mask
Rear under spoiler
Spoiler wing (not available for Type-S)
Sport shocks and springs
Wheel locks
Accessories are also available in these dealer-installed packages:

Aero Kit
Includes front, side and rear under body spoilers

Protection Package
Includes wheel locks, splashguards and trunk tray

Wheel Package
Includes 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and tires

Type-S EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:

3.5-liter, 286 hp, 24-valve, SOHC VTEC(R) 6-cylinder engine
Exclusive 10-spoke, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels
Sport-tuned suspension
Four-piston Brembo brakes
Black chrome exterior trim
Wider side sills
Exclusive front and rear fascia
Exclusive headlight, taillight and side marker treatments
Three-spoke steering wheel
Aluminum carbon-fiber look trim and contrast stitching on doors, seats and steering wheel
High-performance seats with increased lateral support and Type-S logo embossed on headrest
Gauges featuring "spun-metal" look with laser-etched numerals
Standard Acura Satellite-Linked Navigation System(TM)
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
Ambient cabin lighting (Red)
Stainless steel sport pedals
Integrated quad-outlet sport exhaust
Rear Type-S badging

Powertrain at a Glance

TL Engine

3.2-liter SOHC V-6 aluminum alloy engine
258 hp at 6200 rpm and 233 lb-ft of torque at 5000 rpm
Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC(R))
Dual-stage induction system with lightweight magnesium intake manifold
Cold-air intake system
Computer-controlled Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
Direct ignition system
Compact in-head exhaust manifolds
High flow close-coupled catalytic converters plus under floor catalytic converter
High capacity 32-bit RISC processor engine control unit
105,000 mile tune-up intervals
TL Type-S Engine

3.5-liter SOHC V-6 aluminum alloy engine
286 hp at 6200 rpm and 256 lb-ft of torque at 5000 rpm
Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC(R))
Dual-stage induction system with lightweight magnesium intake manifold
Cold-air intake system
High flow, sport tuned exhaust system with quad finishers
Computer-controlled Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
Direct ignition system
Compact in-head exhaust manifolds
High flow close-coupled catalytic converters plus under floor catalytic converter
High capacity 32-bit RISC processor engine control unit
105,000 mile tune-up intervals

5-Speed Automatic Transmission
All-new compact design w/ high torque capacity
More compact design
Sequential SportShift re-programmed to allow quicker, more positive downshifts and upshifts (Type-S only)
Improved coordination between Drive-by-Wire(TM) throttle system and transmission for smoother shifts
Steering wheel-mounted F1(R)-style Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters (Type-S only)
External transmission fluid cooler (Type-S only)
Advanced shift-hold control limits up-shifts during spirited driving
Advanced Grade Logic Control System reduces gear "hunting" when driving on steep hills
Linear solenoid direct-acting control reduces shift shock and improves smoothness
Lockup torque converter design for superior fuel economy

6-Speed Manual Transmission (TL Type-S only)

Close ratio spacing for maximum performance
Multi-cone synchronizers (first through fourth gears)
Reverse lock-out feature prevents accidental engagement
Lightweight high-pressure-cast aluminum-alloy transmission housing
Improved clutch feel for smoother engagement
Advanced clutch torsion mechanism reduces gear noise
Helical gear limited-slip differential reduces wheel spin and maximizes acceleration
Old 09-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuraboy7

It sure does, at least 3 different times. Read it again:

Inside, the Type-S further receives more highly bolstered and "Type-S"-embossed front seating and active noise-cancellation through the otherwise standard XM satellite Acura-ELS premium six-disc CD/DVD-audio sound system. Navigation is optional to either.

Prices have yet to be announced, but we were shown a range from $34,000 to $39,000 for the entire line. Going from Acura's '06 pricing, expect a 2007 TL Type-S's base price to be at $37,000 without sat-nav and top out at $39,000

Shown here with optional sat-nav
, the TL Type-S interior hides a wealth of other upgrades and sound-attenuation measures which are carried across the TL line for 2007.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:55 AM
PSW
ANTHRACITE

I want those type S 17" gunmetal wheels! And those aluminum pedals!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
It sure does, at least 3 different times. Read it again:

Inside, the Type-S further receives more highly bolstered and "Type-S"-embossed front seating and active noise-cancellation through the otherwise standard XM satellite Acura-ELS premium six-disc CD/DVD-audio sound system. Navigation is optional to either.

Prices have yet to be announced, but we were shown a range from $34,000 to $39,000 for the entire line. Going from Acura's '06 pricing, expect a 2007 TL Type-S's base price to be at $37,000 without sat-nav and top out at $39,000

Shown here with optional sat-nav
, the TL Type-S interior hides a wealth of other upgrades and sound-attenuation measures which are carried across the TL line for 2007.

I just took a look at Acura.com and clicked on future vehicles then click vehicle comparison, where it shows the 07 S vs the 07 standard TL.

On that page you'll notice the Type-S shows the NAV is standard equipment and an option for the non type-S
Old 09-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
It says "going from Acura's 06 pricing", quess work.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Toronto-TL
I just took a look at Acura.com and clicked on future vehicles then click vehicle comparison, where it shows the 07 S vs the 07 standard TL.

On that page you'll notice the Type-S shows the NAV is standard equipment and an option for the non type-S
It says the navi is available with the Tech Package. I wonder what else is going to be included in this Tech Package?
Old 09-09-2006, 06:01 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

The post was in reference to 'wealth preservation' not driving a car you can't really afford.

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Oh, Jeez - let's not start another "Leasing v. Buying" thread.

If you don't like leasing or you don't understand it, that's fine. But many of us have done extensive research into leasing and find it to be the best and lowest-cost alternative for us.

So please avoid uninformed generalizations like saying it's only good if you can write it off as a business expense or that it's appropriate only for Honda Civics. Thanks to leasing, many of us are enjoying cars that are far more expensive than we'd be willing (or able, in some cases) to buy. And on top of the money we save every month, we don't have to worry about what it will be worth in 3 years when we want to trade.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:24 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
The post was in reference to 'wealth preservation' not driving a car you can't really afford.
... and you believe leasing isn't consistent with wealth preservation?

Hmmmm ... maybe you should talk to my financial advisor or my accountant. They would disagree, since keeping more money in your pocket (also known as cash flow) is a prime component of wealth preservation. Lots of wealthy people lease all kinds of things so they can use their money for better things.

I mentioned the other aspect because leasing also allows people to drive a nicer (more expensive) car than they might otherwise be able - or willing - to do if they were forking over money to buy.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:22 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

If you had taken the time to read the posts you'd already know what I said about it.

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
... and you believe leasing isn't consistent with wealth preservation?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kennedy
One things for sure...
Those rich people you reference above didn't get rich nor will stay rich with your mentallity of not doing everything you can to ensure optimum value in every investment. Paying MSRP does nothing to ensure ROI.

Outside of the bling rapper and pro sports player (dummies with money stigma) who walk into the local Cadillac dealer and pay sticker, becasue money is no real object to them, the average dude with a million bucks squezees every nickel until the buffalo farts.

A component of smart investing is frugal spending my friend.

I'm not sure how you apply your "Crovette Factor" to Acura's either. The Honda one of the most maintenence free cars you can buy... and all you have to do is put gas in it.

You have a pretty jaded view of the car industry.

Needless to say, lets not this thread devolve into "if ou can't pay syticker, you can't afford to be here"... That's crap. Soe peoples priorities are more oriented towards thier cars, when all know there are better investments... So be it.
A car is not an investment.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Anansi
I agree with most of what you say, but my vote is also swayed by the desire to have a manual transmission. The G35x doesn't offer it at all, so I guess I'm going to be in the TL-S camp. (manual + fwd) for me beats (auto or sportshift + AWD). Just love my manuals!
Acura won't throw out a car in their lineup with SH-AWD + manual. All their cars with the SH-AWD will be mated with an Automatic.

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1