Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moving Target
Perhaps you can rip cd's to an internal HD like on the new 07 G35????

What else could "Folder" mean with context related to your audio system? Maybe some sort of navigation in a CD with MP3's?????
I believe the bolded text is correct. If you look back at the second pic in my previous post (post #2253 in this thread) you'll notice that there is also a new tech logo above the left side of the CD player slot. I'm pretty sure that one says "MP3 Ready."
Old 08-17-2006, 01:34 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by levon1830
I believe the bolded text is correct. If you look back at the second pic in my previous post (post #2253 in this thread) you'll notice that there is also a new tech logo above the left side of the CD player slot. I'm pretty sure that one says "MP3 Ready."
The Lexus IS has a way of navigating folders on a MP3 ripped data CD so you can select your songs by album, artist, etc however you burn it to the CD. Lots of MP3's on a 6 disc CD changer, plus an Aux in, you will never run out of music on a road trip, forget XM or FM.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:42 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
You guys are right... I am 99% sure the new TL radio will support mp3. Look at the SCION radio, which supports mp3:

1) the mp3 logo at the bottom looks suspicously similar to the new logo.

2) The "Folder" button is the button used to drill into your mp3 directory structure so you don't have to load ALL the files to the root directory of the CD. Also note the "Folder" button ALSO present on the Scion radio and the new TL radio.

I've seen enough to say it supports MP3... and that someone from Acura is actually listening.

Makes me want to stick a screwdriver in my CD player to see if i can get a new updated one. Needless to say, this will probably be a plug an play retrofit, so stay away from my ebay when these hit the market casue I'll be after one.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also note that it now says "FOLDER" above the "TUNE" knob; the big silver knob on the right for you non-3G TL owners.

Methinks there's more to this MMC refresh than meets the eye...
Most of us expected Acura to make the TL's sound system MP3 compatible in the MMC (in addition to the AUX input).
Old 08-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Instructor

Several shots of the navi screen:

In the second pic, look just above the upper right-hand corner of the CD player slot; there is now a third technology logo there (the first logo is the new one). The '04-'06 TL's only have 2 logo there: SEE THIS LINK FOR THE '06 TL

Anyone want to take a stab at what the tehnology the new logo is for?
I cleared it up. It's MP3\WMA on the lower left. I can't distinguish what it has on the right hand side.
SO THE ’07 TL HAS MP3\WMA SUPPORT.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Several shots of the navi screen:

Anyone wonder what the GIGANTIC, empty space in the box is for on that AUX screen?
I think those that have requested the IPOD info be displayed on the navi screen may have gotten their wish...
Old 08-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Instructor

hey, regarding the 07 TL, does it also come with a 3-spoke steering wheel???? Like the Type S does?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Anyone wonder what the GIGANTIC, empty space in the box is for on that AUX screen?
I think those that have requested the IPOD info be displayed on the navi screen may have gotten their wish...
The Aux port is the audio cable that comes into the center console where you lay your arms on.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:04 PM
7th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Went by the Acura dealer and they gave me the color combinations for the type S as I am interested in ordering one. The colors for the S are White diamond pearl, Alabaster silver, Nighthawk black pearl, Moroccan red pearl, Carbon bronze pearl, and Kinetic blue pearl. All colors are availavle with only 2 interiors taupe leather or ebone/silver leather.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 PM
7th Gear

Sorry that is ebony/silver leather. This is right off thier color and leather selection book.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Nope...
Nice thought though. There's just nothing to display.

That's a 3.5mm "headphone" cord. To get Ipod display data would require a data interface connection, like the musiclink has.

The aux port is generic so you can plug in whatever you like.

What reallt sucks is this radio costs over a $1K new... I'll have to wait for a junkyard find.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:10 PM
MusicMan220

I googled "Taupe" and it seems it's a dull orange brown, perhaps slightly darker than the camel interior. Does this mean the Base 07 TL won't have the parchment or camel interors anymore?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MusicMan220
I googled "Taupe" and it seems it's a dull orange brown, perhaps slightly darker than the camel interior. Does this mean the Base 07 TL won't have the parchment or camel interors anymore?
The Taupe interior is currently available in the RL and RDX. It is a combination of beige and light grey.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mwcrumpton
Went by the Acura dealer and they gave me the color combinations for the type S as I am interested in ordering one. The colors for the S are White diamond pearl, Alabaster silver, Nighthawk black pearl, Moroccan red pearl, Carbon bronze pearl, and Kinetic blue pearl. All colors are availavle with only 2 interiors taupe leather or ebone/silver leather.
Do you have the color combos for the base TL too?

The TL-S is with the Carbon Bronze? Hmmm, I was guessing it would be with the Carbon Grey instead...
Old 08-17-2006, 05:28 PM
CCS
1st Gear

The pics by Ken1997TL are accurate. A close friend runs an Acura dealer in Dallas and I just bought an '06 from him today. I said "let's be clear about the changes happening in '07". His response (which matches the photos):

1. the front and back are more rounded off
2. there are turn indicators on the mirrors
Old 08-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Nope...
Nice thought though. There's just nothing to display.

That's a 3.5mm "headphone" cord. To get Ipod display data would require a data interface connection, like the musiclink has.

The aux port is generic so you can plug in whatever you like.

What reallt sucks is this radio costs over a $1K new... I'll have to wait for a junkyard find.
Is "Musiclink" the dealer installed iPod cable?

Does that display the iPod information on the Nav screen? Someone earlier said you couldn't see the iPod stuff on the Nav screen at all.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:48 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by BBoz

Does that display the iPod information on the Nav screen? Someone earlier said you couldn't see the iPod stuff on the Nav screen at all.
Ahh.... I'm going nutz.

NO. Levon's post implied the AUX screen has a lot of empty space that he hopes would be Ipod Display data.

I was showing that the AUX port is just a headphone jack (see pic) and no ipod display data traverses the headphone cable, you would need an Ipod data link (like the Acura Musiclink Ipod integration unit) uses. No Ipod data on the Nav this year.

The AUX port in the TSX works the exact same way.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CCS
The pics by Ken1997TL are accurate. A close friend runs an Acura dealer in Dallas and I just bought an '06 from him today. I said "let's be clear about the changes happening in '07". His response (which matches the photos):

1. the front and back are more rounded off
2. there are turn indicators on the mirrors

How much did you get the '06 for????
Old 08-17-2006, 07:05 PM
1st Gear

2007 Colours Info from VTEC site

Here is some info regarding the colours posted on the VTEC forum:

I just got back from the dealer who gave me the new 2007 TL color matrix. There are now 9 exterior colors to choose from for the TL-P and 6 for the TL-S.

New exterior colors: Carbon gray pearl, Carbon bronze pearl, Kinetic Blue Pearl, and Moroccan Red Pearl

New interior colors: Taupe, Ebony/Silver (A two tone combo)

Discontinued exterior colors: Anthracite Metallic, Redondo Red Pearl

Discontinued interior colors: Camel, Quartz

The Kinetic Blue Pearl exterior and the Ebony/Silver interior are exclusive for the TL-S. In addition, the only other interior available for the TL-S is Taupe.

I know its hard to visualize everything without a picture but I hope this information is useful. I tried to scan the sheet but the colors just did not come out properly.

An all ebony interior is not available for the TL-S. The Ebony/Silver is similiar to something that is already available on the MDX according to my salesman. The silver portion of the interior is textured with small "pin holes" for lack of a better description. I think that the seats will be the silvery color and the trim will be black. I guess it makes sense that the textured leather should be in contact with your body.

Link to the thread:
http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=599682
Old 08-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by rockylee
Ac Man,

" Look at Nissan/Infinity with their heated steering wheels. Who the hell gets in a car, and waits for the car to warm so they can drive because the steering wheel is too cold? Sure this feature is nice to have but is it necessary? Do I wish the TL had this feature? NO!!!"

I hope Acura, doesn't feel the same as you, otherwise with that kind of a attitude they will fall flat on their face because in the 3-series segment you better deliver or be left far behind the competition.

Rocky
You're not suppost to let the car warm up in cold weather anyway, just start it and go. mine has a heated garage, but even when it sits out, I start and go, its bad for it to sit and run it clogs the fuel injectors. just don't drive fast till it warms up
Old 08-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Intermediate

Ahh.... I'm going nutz.

NO. Levon's post implied the AUX screen has a lot of empty space that he hopes would be Ipod Display data.

I was showing that the AUX port is just a headphone jack (see pic) and no ipod display data traverses the headphone cable, you would need an Ipod data link (like the Acura Musiclink Ipod integration unit) uses. No Ipod data on the Nav this year.

I understood what Levon was saying and .. yadda yadda...

My question is, is the Acua Musiclink iPod integration unit an '06 option only?

You say "no ipod diskply data taverses the headphone cable..."
Old 08-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by rrkk
Here is some info regarding the colours posted on the VTEC forum:

I just got back from the dealer who gave me the new 2007 TL color matrix. There are now 9 exterior colors to choose from for the TL-P and 6 for the TL-S.

New exterior colors: Carbon gray pearl, Carbon bronze pearl, Kinetic Blue Pearl, and Moroccan Red Pearl

New interior colors: Taupe, Ebony/Silver (A two tone combo)

Discontinued exterior colors: Anthracite Metallic, Redondo Red Pearl

Discontinued interior colors: Camel, Quartz

The Kinetic Blue Pearl exterior and the Ebony/Silver interior are exclusive for the TL-S. In addition, the only other interior available for the TL-S is Taupe.

I know its hard to visualize everything without a picture but I hope this information is useful. I tried to scan the sheet but the colors just did not come out properly.

An all ebony interior is not available for the TL-S. The Ebony/Silver is similiar to something that is already available on the MDX according to my salesman. The silver portion of the interior is textured with small "pin holes" for lack of a better description. I think that the seats will be the silvery color and the trim will be black. I guess it makes sense that the textured leather should be in contact with your body.

Link to the thread:
http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=599682
Is that the same Carbon gray pearl they just started using on the Honda Accord this year? its like a BrownGrey color???
Old 08-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Intermediate

Ahh.... I'm going nutz.

You say "no ipod display data taverses the headphone cable..."
- I know this. No brainer for techy people.

Then you say "you would need an Ipod data link (like the Acura Musiclink Ipod integration unit) uses"
- This is what I want more info on. Is this the '06 Dealer add-on option? And does it display the info on the Nav screen or ... ?

Then you say "No Ipod data on the Nav this year."
- This implies the Musiclink iPod integration isn't available this year. Are you sure?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Acuraboy7
Is that the same Carbon gray pearl they just started using on the Honda Accord this year? its like a BrownGrey color???
Just based on the description, I would say that sounds more like Carbon Bronze pearl.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Advanced

Anthracite is discontinued? That's like the most popular color. I know it's similar to CGP but anthracite is a lot better.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by montyburnz
Anthracite is discontinued? That's like the most popular color. I know it's similar to CGP but anthracite is a lot better.
Anywhere to see CGP, especially CGP vs. Antracite? I was going to get Anthracite. Disapointed it is being discontinued.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what's the HP rating on the type-s? I saw a picture that it is now a 3.5 liter...

sorry.... too many pages to look to find the answer.

thanks.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Burning Brakes

I always liked CGP over anthracite. Anthracite looks more dull compare to CGP
Old 08-17-2006, 08:00 PM
10th Gear

Type-S Interior?

The Car & Driver pics of the Type-S interior show SOLID COLOR seats all the way around (which appears ivory or beige). I think there is something wrong with what that dealer said.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:04 PM
10th Gear

Type-S resale opinions

QUESTION:

What do you think will happen to the resale value of the '07 Type-S by the time the '09 4G comes out?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:24 PM
7th Gear

On colors, Carbon gray pearl is available on the 06 TSX and the non S 07 TL. It is darker than anthratice. Carbon bronze pearl is available on the 07 RDX and is the closest to the anthratice gray but with a slight more broze. Non S TL are availavle in the White diamond pearl, Carbon Gray pearl, Alabaster silver metalic, Nighthawk black, Royal blue pearl, Moroccan red pearl, Deasert mist metalic, and Carbon bronze pearl. Interiors on non S TL, Eboney is available on white, gray, silver, back, blue, and Bronze. Taupe ( same as the 06 RL similar to gray) on white, gray, silver, black, blue, red, and bronze. Parchment on non S TL is available on Gray, Balck, Blue, Red, and Desert mist. TL type S colors are (repeat from earlier post)White diamond pearl, Alabaster silver metalic, Nighthawk black pearl, Moroccan red pearl, Carbon bronze pearl and Kinetic blue pearl. Eboney/silver leather is only availanle on the TL type S in all the S exteriors. Taupe is also available on all Type S exterior colors. So all type S cars can come with taupe or eboney/ silver leather. In summary. Type S specific colors only is Kinetic Blue ( this is probably the color we have seen in Autoweek) Non S specific colors are carbon gray, royal blue pearl,and desert mist metallic. Eboney and parchment interiors only on non S as listed above. Now that should be as clear as mud. I wonder if the pics in autoweek of the interior is the Eboney/silver leather. Since it says silver leather and not two tone leather the pics look like and eboey trim with a sliver or gray leather.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Cruisin'

Great! I like always liked the carbon gray on the TSX better than the anthracite.. The anthracite didn't look dark and metallic enough..
Old 08-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by AltecBX
I cleared it up. It's MP3\WMA on the lower left. I can't distinguish what it has on the right hand side.
SO THE ’07 TL HAS MP3\WMA SUPPORT.
WOO HOO!! mp3 and backup camera two things I wished for... I might have to consider the '07...
Old 08-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Instructor

You're not suppost to let the car warm up in cold weather anyway, just start it and go. mine has a heated garage, but even when it sits out, I start and go, its bad for it to sit and run it clogs the fuel injectors. just don't drive fast till it warms up
Since when? I have never heard anything like that before.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Advanced

Ok, a couple of things. First, I wonder if you'll need a new display to upgrade the navi from my '06 to the '07? That would save $1k. Second, I agree with Kennedy that hopefully the new audio unit is plug-n-play.

I'm thinking I'd be willing to pay $2,000 to upgrade my '06 to these newer audio and nav. Since I bought by '06 for $200 under invoice and the '07 will probably be going for invoice, maybe $1,000 lower for good negotiators, I would have paid atleast $4,000 more for an '07.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks mwcrumpton for the color combos!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Instructor

So then by that logic that means I am ruining my injectors everytime I try to thaw and scrape the ice off my windows first thing in the morning every cold day in the winter.

And even if you are right which I really doubt, by all means save the injectors, to hell with the tranny, bearings, and axels who needs them
Old 08-17-2006, 09:32 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by rocketguy
Ok, a couple of things. First, I wonder if you'll need a new display to upgrade the navi from my '06 to the '07? That would save $1k. Second, I agree with Kennedy that hopefully the new audio unit is plug-n-play.

I'm thinking I'd be willing to pay $2,000 to upgrade my '06 to these newer audio and nav. Since I bought by '06 for $200 under invoice and the '07 will probably be going for invoice, maybe $1,000 lower for good negotiators, I would have paid atleast $4,000 more for an '07.
Hmmm ... have we established for sure that the Nav is upgraded from the '06? I mean, I know there were rumors it might get the RL's Nav, but I haven't seen anything to confirm that.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Slicker Than Your Average

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Hmmm ... have we established for sure that the Nav is upgraded from the '06? I mean, I know there were rumors it might get the RL's Nav, but I haven't seen anything to confirm that.
It'll be sad if the 2007 Acura TL doesn't.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:52 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by BBoz

You say "no ipod display data taverses the headphone cable..."
- I know this. No brainer for techy people.

Then you say "you would need an Ipod data link (like the Acura Musiclink Ipod integration unit) uses"
- This is what I want more info on. Is this the '06 Dealer add-on option? And does it display the info on the Nav screen or ... ?

Then you say "No Ipod data on the Nav this year."
- This implies the Musiclink iPod integration isn't available this year. Are you sure?
That's not what you asked the first time...
Originally Posted by Bboz

I have no idea if Musiclink will be offered in 2007 (it sucks, I hope not). Odds are no, since teh AUX port exists in the radio now... but maybe since it uses the CD-Changer memory register.

No Ipod Data is displayed with the musiclink either, but it does allow 2 way data flow since you can control the ipod through the steering controls. It looks like a CD changer menu. You can search musiclink for a description of how it works... but don;t waste your time or money... it's garbage. Consider a Blitzsafe or USA SPEC adapter.

My point was NO WAY that Ipod data would be displayed in the AUX screen because the picture shows the Ipod connected through a 3.5mm headphone cable NOT an Ipod data cable LIKE the Musiclink cable.

... and the TSX AUX port works as I described above, so the precedence is there.

Mike... one of the trade rags reported NavTraffic as a component to the Navi (about 20 pages back), that tells me it's the new one. Upgrade would require the new DVD player in the trunk, probably the XM box in the trunk... The display is just a display... probably won't need that.

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1