Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:25 AM
Don't jive my 3.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by csk
I still can't find confirmation on fwd or awd but I'm guessing since it's not listed anywhere it's probably not awd........

Nav standard!!! WTF thats so wrong i don't want nav they suck, I suppose i gotta pay extra for that now ughhh I'll never use it
Old 09-01-2006, 03:32 AM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by invincible569
I'm so pissed why the hell does nav have to be standard, thats so stupid some people so do not need nav, they are crazy i don't care if i have to pay extra I'm going to custom order one with out it...they are screwing them selves by giving that to people standard
Old 09-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Acuraboy7
Nav standard!!! WTF thats so wrong i don't want nav they suck, I suppose i gotta pay extra for that now ughhh I'll never use it

I'm so pissed why the hell does nav have to be standard, thats so stupid some people so do not need nav, they are crazy i don't care if i have to pay extra I'm going to custom order one with out it...they are screwing them selves by giving that to people standard
So you're upset about having to pay extra for the standard navi on the TL-S, but you're willing to pay even more to try to special order one without it? I understand that was a rant, but it still doesn't make any sense...
Old 09-01-2006, 05:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What is Active Noise Cancellation which only comes in the Type S?
Old 09-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Advanced

Looks like for some reason Acura yanked the new TL information off of their Acura.com page.....I wonder why?????????
Old 09-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

BIG write-up on TOV: CLICK ME!!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by invincible569
What is Active Noise Cancellation which only comes in the Type S?
From TOV:

Active Noise Cancellation™

To further reduce cabin noise, the '07 TL Type-S uses Active Noise Cancellation. The system uses a pair of cabin-mounted microphones and the car's audio system to cancel out low-frequency noise, greatly reducing cabin "boom." More information about Active Noise Cancellation is available in the Interior section.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Acura98TL
Looks like for some reason Acura yanked the new TL information off of their Acura.com page.....I wonder why?????????
What you talking about? I still see it on their website.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Banned

So who wants to bet that it rattles worse than a rattle snake?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

About the new auto tranny:
Originally Posted by TOV

5-Speed Automatic Transmission

* All-new compact design w/ high torque capacity
* More compact, closer to engine
* Sequential SportShift re-programmed to allow quicker, more positive downshifts and upshifts (Type-S only)
* Improved coordination between Drive-by-Wire™ throttle system and transmission makes for smoother shifts
* Steering wheel-mounted F1®–style Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters (Type-S only)
* External transmission fluid cooler (Type-S only)
* Advanced shift-hold control limits up-shift during spirited driving
* Advanced Grade Logic Control System reduces gear "hunting" when driving on steep hills
* Linear solenoid direct-acting control reduces shift shock and improves smoothness
* Lockup torque converter design for superior fuel economy

5-SPEED SEQUENTIAL SPORTSHIFT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Both the TL and TL Type-S receive an all-new 5-speed automatic transmission for 2007. A 4-shaft design with higher torque capacity, it is more robust than its predecessor, but also more compact. It also features slightly revised ratios, new shift control logic for each model and Grade Logic Control and, on the Type-S, steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. Mechanically related to the transmission that made its debut in the 2005 RL, the 2007 TL unit has modifications to adapt it to the front-wheel drive TL platform.

Designed for low maintenance and a high level of durability, the TL transmission requires no scheduled service until 120,000 miles. To provide strong off-the-line acceleration coupled with a relaxed, fuel-efficient cruising rpm, the unit has one of the widest gear ratio spreads of any 5-speed automatic transmission in its class.

Automatic Mode

The Sequential SportShift transmission can be operated in conventional fully automatic mode via a front center console-mounted gated shifter. When in automatic mode, the transmission incorporates an advanced Grade Logic Control system and Shift Hold Control, both of which work to reduce gear "hunting" and unnecessary shifting.

Shift Hold Control keeps the transmission in its current (lower) ratio when the throttle is quickly released and the brakes are applied (as might be the case when decelerating to enter a corner). Shift Hold Control leaves the chassis undisturbed by excess shifting, ensuring that abundant power is immediately available without a downshift.

Grade Logic Control alters the 5-speed automatic's shift schedule when traveling uphill or downhill, reducing shift frequency, and improving speed control. Throttle position, vehicle speed and acceleration/deceleration are continuously measured, then compared with a map stored in the transmission computer. The Grade Logic Control system then determines when the car is on a hill. If this is the case, the shift schedule is adjusted to automatically hold the transmission in a lower gear for better climbing power or increased downhill engine braking.

Manual Mode

The Sequential SportShift transmission can be shifted into manual mode by moving the center console-mounted selector lever laterally to a special gate to the left of the "Drive" position. The TL can then be shifted manually by pushing or pulling the shift lever. TL Type-S owners can also choose to use F1® style paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel, which reduces the need to remove their hands from the wheel during spirited driving. A digital display under the tachometer indicates which gear the transmission is in.

Type-S models use special shift algorithms to deliver quicker, firmer shifts, heightening control and driver involvement. Additionally, thanks to the robust construction of the new automatic transmission, downshifts occur over a much wider range than before. TL and TL Type-S drivers can now downshift into first gear. Type-S drivers enjoy special shift programming for the third to second and second to first downshifts that increases this speed by about 7 mph for even greater control.

To help protect the engine and drivetrain from damage, an array of preventive features are active when the transmission is in manual mode. In first, second, third and fourth gears, the logic changes, and the transmission ECU cuts off fuel flow to the engine if there is a possibility of over revving.

In the rare situation where the fuel cutoff alone is unable to prevent engine over revving (as could happen on a steep downhill) the transmission will upshift itself to prevent engine damage. And finally, when downshifting, the transmission won't execute a driver-commanded downshift that would send the engine beyond redline in the lower gear. The Sequential SportShift transmission will automatically downshift to first gear as the vehicle comes to a stop, to prevent lugging away from a stop in a high gear.

5-POSITION SHIFT GATE

The TL benefits from a 5-position shift gate that simplifies the operation of the transmission. It features a quieter linkage and a speed-controlled reverse lockout solenoid valve to prevent transmission damage. When operated in automatic mode, the transmission lets the driver choose between D (Drive) and L (Low). When moved to the Low position, the transmission downshifts to the lowest possible ratio for the current road speed to provide maximum engine braking. If the vehicle continues to slow, the transmission progressively downshifts to maintain engine braking effect. When it has shifted all the way down to first gear, the transmission won't upshift further unless the driver moves the selector back to the D (Drive) position where normal transmission operation resumes.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
So who wants to bet that it rattles worse than a rattle snake?
Well, even though my 05 rattles like a mofo...why would you think they havent fixed most of the rattles by the 4th year of production? Why would you think it rattles more?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Warren803
Well, even though my 05 rattles like a mofo...why would you think they havent fixed most of the rattles by the 4th year of production? Why would you think it rattles more?
If they couldn't get it right with the 06's (what I currently have), what makes you think one year will make a huge difference?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Advanced

Can some post the link for the acura.com website for the 07 version? Thanks.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Acura98TL
Can some post the link for the acura.com website for the 07 version? Thanks.
http://www.acura.com/index.aspx?initPath=TLSLaunch
Old 09-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by levon1830
BIG write-up on TOV: CLICK ME!!
The link to the Temple of VTEC website I posted earlier in this thread provides a LOT of info on the new TL and TL-S.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Cruisin'

So the base TL will not have an 6 speed manual option?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
If they couldn't get it right with the 06's (what I currently have), what makes you think one year will make a huge difference?
Well, didnt know the 06's were that bad. 07's cant be much worse though. My car rattles and is annoying...but i've been in cars worse than this.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Advanced

Thanks, for some reason my browser is blocking the Future Vehicles tab.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:33 AM
10th Gear

Pricing?

Anyone seen any info released today on the actual pricing? Don't see any on the Acura website since they list it as a "Future Vehicle."

I hope we don't have to wait til November 1 to see it.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TL Muscle
Anyone seen any info released today on the actual pricing? Don't see any on the Acura website since they list it as a "Future Vehicle."

I hope we don't have to wait til November 1 to see it.
Funny I was just about to ask the same question.....yea I am hoping we don't have to wait another month or 2 for that to come up, but I am sure someone will probably leak that info too .....haha
Old 09-01-2006, 09:45 AM
#include

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ No doubt. Seems like an awefully important item to leave out.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Advanced

Auto On/Off Headlights !!!!

Must retrofit !!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 AM
10th Gear

TL-S Wheel options!

For those of us who really don't like the look of the Type-S wheels, I see they will be offering 2 alternative finishes as options! I bet that will bring in a few more buyers!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Instructor

For those of us who really don't like the look of the Type-S wheels, I see they will be offering 2 alternative finishes as options! I bet that will bring in a few more buyers!
Where did you find that information? I want to see what the dark wheels look like on a black car, but I generally don't like dark wheels. So a shinier finish (at no additional cost) would be a great option. IMHO
Old 09-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Any way to get the specs put on the first page?

Any word on how they're dealing with the extra torque, given the already abundant torque steer with the 3.2?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:01 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Anansi
Where did you find that information? I want to see what the dark wheels look like on a black car, but I generally don't like dark wheels. So a shinier finish (at no additional cost) would be a great option. IMHO

It's in the TOV article linked above here (on this thread page). There is so much information in the TOV article that I would need to go back and look to see what page, but it's there, I promise!

Bit it refers to it as an option, so I'm guessing it would be an additional charge.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

It's in the TOV article linked above here (on this thread page). There is so much information in the TOV article that I would need to go back and look to see what page, but it's there, I promise!

Bit it refers to it as an option, so I'm guessing it would be an additional charge.
Could be a no-charge option.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by levon1830
So you're upset about having to pay extra for the standard navi on the TL-S, but you're willing to pay even more to try to special order one without it? I understand that was a rant, but it still doesn't make any sense...
it would probably cost extra to custom order one but not as much as it would with the nav already on it. I don't really need it, I was born with a built in road map
Old 09-01-2006, 12:42 PM
B-Series For Life.

I saw that 17 and 18in wheels would be offered as accessories.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Burning Brakes

If you go look at acura's site of the Type S photos, the close up of the steering wheel, its shows the airbag line. How cheap. hahaha
Old 09-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Yeah like 2
Old 09-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by whatjones911
If you go look at acura's site of the Type S photos, the close up of the steering wheel, its shows the airbag line. How cheap. hahaha
lol I know infact you can see the line on mine!!! I made them replace it once already too. "let history repete it self"
Old 09-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by mkaresh

Any word on how they're dealing with the extra torque, given the already abundant torque steer with the 3.2?

well thats like spittin in the wind, I'm sure they have done nothing
Old 09-01-2006, 02:21 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
it would probably cost extra to custom order one but not as much as it would with the nav already on it. I don't really need it, I was born with a built in road map
All I can say to you - and others who think they couldn't use Navi - is that you either don't ever go anywhere different or new, or that you are the only person on Earth who automatically knows how to get to places you've never been before. :shakehead

I figure people who don't like Navi have just never used it before. Use it for awhile and you'll never want to do without it. Kinda like remote controls for TV's or garage door openers.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
All I can say to you - and others who think they couldn't use Navi - is that you either don't ever go anywhere different or new, or that you are the only person on Earth who automatically knows how to get to places you've never been before. :shakehead

I figure people who don't like Navi have just never used it before. Use it for awhile and you'll never want to do without it. Kinda like remote controls for TV's or garage door openers.
I know that, but there are alot of people that don't want it or need it, and its not like I can't read a map....I just think that nav should be an opt up to the buyer....I'll talk to the acura dealer about it, if I can custom order one with out it I will, if not then I guess my next TL will have Nav...lol I'll get over it
Old 09-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by mkaresh
Great idea. I reposted them in Post #1 on the first page and changed the thread title.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Intermediate

I know that, but there are alot of people that don't want it or need it, and its not like I can't read a map....I just think that nav should be an opt up to the buyer....I'll talk to the acura dealer about it, if I can custom order one with out it I will, if not then I guess my next TL will have Nav...lol I'll get over it
Bitter much? All you have done is complain for the last 2 pages.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:42 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BBoz
he's just trying to postcount++

acuraboy, go ask honda to custom order a TL-S w/o navi....see what they say
Old 09-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by BBoz
my little complaining, is nothing compared to the complaining you guys have done about "SH-AWD"
Old 09-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by mg7726
he's just trying to postcount++

acuraboy, go ask honda to custom order a TL-S w/o navi....see what they say
I've seen TL's without heated seats and a moonroof

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1