Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xpditor
Torrance, Calif. 05/02/2006 -- Sparked by record monthly sales for the TSX sports sedan, as well as a new monthly benchmark for the TL performance luxury sedan, Acura sold 19,372 units during the month of April, an increase of 5.3 percent over a year ago, the division announced today.

TSX had the best month in its history, selling 3,911 units, an increase of 22.0 percent above the previous mark of 3,329, set in April 2005. Year-to-date TSX sales are now at 13,144 units - 17.3 percent better than 2005.

The TL performance luxury sedan was the top-selling Acura in April, setting a new all-time record with 7,975 units for the month, bringing the TL year-to-date sales total to 24,779. Acura cars also reached an all-time record for sales during the month with 14,958.

"We are extremely proud of the continued strong sales of both TSX and TL," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president, sales. "Their strength have put us in a position where another record year for Acura is well within reach."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read between the lines: No big changes.
The TL may have done well in April but definitely not in May.. Sales are down 18%..

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=564669
Old 06-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would trade my 2006TL in immediately if they could do these things:

1. Bluetooth- is there anyway to integrate your phone's phonebook into the BT system
(Now you have to program the cars book. I'd like to see it pull all your contacts from your phone automatically- I have a Treo... don't know if this is feasible)

2. CD/DVD Player that can display what you are listening to. Some kinda tagging system.. like a computer does.

that's all. I love my car. best I ever had.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:47 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Only opinion here...
1. Doubtful, too many phone manufacturers/proprietary phonebooks. It's a PITA, but when it's done, it's phone independent, so I don't mind so much.
It will work one day, but probably not 07. The better aftermarket (motorola samsung) solutions use the PHONES phonebook, but that of course requires the phone to supports voice commands... which not all phones do.
See the conundrum?

2. Media players, when playing plain ol CD's, connect to the internet and pull the tag data UNLESS they have built in CD tags (which most don't). This will never happen unless the CD industry changes.
We all want mp3 tags readable, which I doubt we'll ever get either. Again, th issue is lack of standards in manufacturing (can't support Ipods, rio's, name mp3 player here). The AUX port supports every mp3 player (rca connection)... and appears to be the way of the future for most auto manufacturers.

Originally Posted by appstate98

1. Bluetooth- is there anyway to integrate your phone's phonebook into the BT system
(Now you have to program the cars book. I'd like to see it pull all your contacts from your phone automatically- I have a Treo... don't know if this is feasible)

2. CD/DVD Player that can display what you are listening to. Some kinda tagging system.. like a computer does.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:49 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by appstate98

lazy ass. I can input those numbers in for you easily
Old 06-29-2006, 02:54 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by 123456SPEED
I have an 03 CL Type S 6MT. The 04 TL equalled or bettered the previous Type S offerings in most all areas. To offer a Type S on the current TL seems mostly just a marketing ploy, as the TL seems tweaked out pretty well in current form. I can see moving the A-Spec upgrades to a TL, but calling it a Type S would only be hype.

Seems like, on the 2gen CL at least, the Type S was the norm, and a bigger seller than the CLP. So now they will offer a Type S TL, and steal attention away from the base TL? Can't do too much more power on the TL, it already has most of the upgrades the Type S offered. Somehow I just don't see it but if they do a Type S it won't be the same as the previous Type S upgrades IMO.
I agree, the Type S is the 2nd Gen era and bring it to 2007 is pointless on the 3rd Gen. In 2009, the car is due for a redesign anyway. I would think Honda/Acura will least wait until 2009 to bring out a new Type S model. I don't see type S coming out next year... plus I think they should reNAME the Type S to something else.

Perhaps a TL-R or TL Type R.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:28 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Type-S moniker should remain dead and buried just like Acura said.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6

Type-S moniker should remain dead and buried just like Acura said.
Agreed. It was a great package with a tacky name.

Take the suspension upgrades/tires/rims from the A Spec and make it a from the factory Sports Package with subtle underbody work. Then make additional underbody kits (like current A Spec) a dealer installed option.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:37 PM
2007 NBP TL-S

TL to Receive J35 Engine for 07 Model Year?

This news/rumour just hit www.vtec.net

Outside suppliers to Honda with intimate knowledge of the next TL have reported to us that Acura's best selling model will receive a version of the J35 3.5 liter V6 engine for the 2007 model year.

While this is an unconfirmed rumor, a J35 upgrade makes perfect sense when looked at in the context of Acura's lineup as a whole. The new MDX is reported to be receiving an even larger J-series V6 (3.7 or 3.8 liters) and it is likely that the RL would receive the bigger engine as well during its MMC. Moving these cars higher in the horsepower foodchain would allow the TL to step up in power without infringing on the other models' market space (as already reported in the TOV Model Release Matrix).
http://www.vtec.net/modelmatrix

While more bottom end torque is unlikely to make the existing 6MT TL much quicker to 60 mph due to traction limitations, it will certainly boost midrange thrust, improve quarter mile acceleration, and lend some oomph to the 5AT model. The rumored gains would also put the TL on a more even playing field (at least in the battle of the spec sheets) with the Lexus IS350 (300+ hp) and the upcoming revised Infiniti G35 (300+ hp).
Old 06-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
:ibTLTYPES:
Old 06-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Wyman

Outside suppliers to Honda with intimate knowledge of the next TL have reported to us that Acura's best selling model will receive a version of the J35 3.5 liter V6 engine for the 2007 model year.

While this is an unconfirmed rumor, a J35 upgrade makes perfect sense when looked at in the context of Acura's lineup as a whole. The new MDX is reported to be receiving an even larger J-series V6 (3.7 or 3.8 liters) and it is likely that the RL would receive the bigger engine as well during its MMC. Moving these cars higher in the horsepower foodchain would allow the TL to step up in power without infringing on the other models' market space (as already reported in the TOV Model Release Matrix).

While more bottom end torque is unlikely to make the existing 6MT TL much quicker to 60 mph due to traction limitations, it will certainly boost midrange thrust, improve quarter mile acceleration, and lend some oomph to the 5AT model. The rumored gains would also put the TL on a more even playing field (at least in the battle of the spec sheets) with the Lexus IS350 (300+ hp) and the upcoming revised Infiniti G35 (300+ hp).

Damn you beat me to it... hmm 3.5 liters still doesn't sound good to me.. sure it will make the car faster in the 0-60.. but at the expense of more torque steer and less fuel efficiency.. Come on now Acura... what we need is SH-AWD.. See what I mean?? now... Acura is not good at listening to its customers..
Old 06-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by mecca88
Acura is not good at listening to its customers..
Yeah - I wish Acura had a few forum threads or at least polls on their own web site.

E.g.
What features/accessories would you like on your next vehicle.
What do you like most about your current vehicle
What do you think could be improved
Would you get a hybrid if it were available
What other vehicles will you consider vs. (specific acura model)
Old 06-30-2006, 01:26 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
I agree, the Type S is the 2nd Gen era and bring it to 2007 is pointless on the 3rd Gen. In 2009, the car is due for a redesign anyway. I would think Honda/Acura will least wait until 2009 to bring out a new Type S model. I don't see type S coming out next year... plus I think they should reNAME the Type S to something else.

Perhaps a TL-R or TL Type R.

I respectfully disagree. The 3rd gen TL isn't getting any younger, and sales are going to continue to decline for a 3 year old design unless Acura can bring the car up to date. Different headlights/taillight and other such inconsequential things are not going to be enough to arouse sales. By releasing a Type-S in 2007, Acura's saying "Hey, if you're bored with the 3rd generation, here's something new for you!" In 2009, there will be many significant improvements on the TL, such that the base TL will be head and shoulders better than the 2007/2008 Type-S, and they will again disown the Type-S, swearing that it is gone forever (again).

This is my humble prediction: 2007 Type-S will have some moderate changes (<some> more HP, headlights/taillights, perhaps better radio/bluetooth (I hope) ), but no big changes like a bigger engine or SH-AWD. Acura will save those for the 2009 base model, when they will be less expensive, so they'll be able to incorporate them into a 35k vehicle easily. In 2009, the Type-S will cease to exist, but will be dug up again in 2012 just in time for the next MMC.

The prediction continued: The RL will continue to sell poorly and be the laughing stock of Hollywood, and Acura will replace it with the SXRTDX-PLDXT model, which will be 37 feet long and 4 feet high, which will sweep America by storm and become the biggest thing since the 4-stroke engine. Acura will be on top for over 20 years, until the point when the sky will fall over Ohio, and thus Geo will be crowned king of cars, with Kia a close second. Geo will reign supreme, until the Edsel is reborn with a Type-S option several years later. 4 years after that, the Earth will be swallowed up into the Sun, and we'll all be wondering: Why, oh, why did we spend so much time on these forums.

:killer:
Old 06-30-2006, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Wyman

Those guys at vtec.net are usually dead on. Good find.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Intermediate

One of my new forum friends on another site claims this is the future of Honda, and he claims to work for them.

This is what he said.

Ok, The TSX for 2007: 2.3L VTEC TURBO, SH-AWD, Horsepower in the 250 range, and torque in the 250 range with a broad torque curve, about 3000-6000 rpm. It's not getting RWD, that's out, for all Honda/Acura vehicles...

Yes, the Accord V6 costs less than a TSX, but is just as quick, yet not as powerful as the Accord. And you can't complain about the cost, 30k fully loaded TSX, is cheaper than any of it's competitors, and in alot of ways better. (Saab 9-3, MB C230 K, Audi A4, and IS250, all 4cyls except IS, which might as well be.)

Honda/Acura has customers everywhere, probably most in west, and east...

All Acura sedans considered "Midsize", complain all you want, but Acura's, and Honda's have more plusses than any other carmaker even Toyota... You can't even compare Honda's and Acura's, especially not in reliability, gas, luxury, performance, ect...

The TSX is not getting a 6 cyl, case closed.

Most, if not all Acura vehicles getting SH-AWD in the near future (2007-2008), yes, even the Next NSX (8Cyls, 460 horses, nevermind, lets not get into that)

Accord is not being run down by anybody... especially not Mazda. Let's compare: Accord gets bout 31 hwy, the mazda gets about 25 hwy, and the hyundai gets about 31 hwy.
Honda has best reliability, so far, excluding upcoming Hyundai's. Best 0-60, yet best MPG? Hmmmm... How is that possible? Mazda 274horses = 5.8 secs Hyundai 235horses = 7.2 secs, and honda 244horses = 5.8 secs. Yet the honda has the lowest engine torque?! Wouldn't mind Honda getting more juice, but doesn't need it considering it can outrun the gas killing 2007 Camry V6 and Passat V6's with way more horses.!

Who ever said, "Let's Write Honda", NO!, Honda's know what the hell they are doing...!

Honda/Acura is outselling competitors! Believe it or not!

No, the TL and RL do not compete against the same vehicles, where would you get an idea like that!

Yes, the TL does lack in power (258, 0-60 = 5.7), but it can still blow the damn doors off it's competitors G35 (280, = 6.1), Es330 (245, = 7.0), etc....

The Vigor can't outrun a 2.7L Accord, case closed.

The RL will get a V8 (around 360-390 horses) hopefully for 2008 model year, 2007 too soon...

RL stands for Refined Luxury as it's debut in 1996 (10 year ann.)Refining of the Legend, duh! Not Road Luxury. As Does TL stands for Touring Luxury, and the TSX Stands for Touring Sport Crossover(X)(Spawn of the TL and RSX).

And finally: the 2007 TL (will remain the same with the exception of widening the car about an inch or two, SH-AWD, black and white tail lenses, smoked out heads, and larger wheels, and slightly tweeked interior. And addition of Type-S model....

The TL is supposed to have around 290-300 horses, torque around 250-260, same 3.2, and the Type-S will have anywhere form 310-330 horses, and torque form 270-280 ft. lbs....

"Take it for what it's worth ya'll"

Rocky
Old 06-30-2006, 11:36 AM
10th Gear

2007 with 3.5L

This is from www.vtec.net
Unconfirmed - TL to Receive J35 Engine for 07 Model Year

Date: June 29, 2006 18:32
Submitted by: notyper
Source: Unnamed
Credibility Rating: 6

Outside suppliers to Honda with intimate knowledge of the next TL have reported to us that Acura's best selling model will receive a version of the J35 3.5 liter V6 engine for the 2007 model year. UPDATE Another outside source has also received the same information and adds that the quoted power level was 295 hp.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:02 PM
10th Gear

I agree I think 300hp is useless unless it can be fully utilized. Highway driving would benefit though.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
lazy ass. I can input those numbers in for you easily

Hey- I resemble that remark!
Old 07-02-2006, 04:41 PM
The Voice of Reason

Originally Posted by clipped from the TOV discussion

Re: Is that 295hp SAE/04? 07-02-2006 11:47

Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

Yes, it is based on the new SAE 8/04 ratings so it will be more powerful than the 2006 RL.
I am Acura-less at the moment, so this could be good!!!

Depending if they put the J35 in all the TLs or just in the "Type S''. And pricing. Not to mention pricing. The new BMW 335i is 300HP and probably in the mid-to low 40s "typically equipped" (it's rumored the 2007 3-series prices were finalized late Friday and will be out in Wednesday). For 295HP, and if it's still in the low 30s, I'll probably buy the TL. If it's over 40 (as was the "A Spec" TL that R&T tested), probably not.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:47 PM
The Voice of Reason

Originally Posted by clipped from the TOV discussion

Re: Is that 295hp SAE/04? 07-02-2006 11:47

Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

Yes, it is based on the new SAE 8/04 ratings so it will be more powerful than the 2006 RL.
I am Acura-less at the moment, so this could be good.

Depending if they put the J35 in all the TLs or just in the "Type S''. And pricing. Not to mention pricing. The new BMW 335i is 300HP and probably in the mid-to low 40s "typically equipped" (it's rumored the 2007 3-series prices were finalized late Friday and will be out on Wednesday).

For 295HP, and if it's still in the low 30s, I'll probably find it difficult to resist buying the TL. If it's only in a "Type S" and over 40 (as was the "A Spec" TL that R&T tested), probably not.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
OK, sounds interesting. The TOV is usually dead-on. 295 hp + AWD=neuronbob trades in his TL.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:05 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by rockylee
One of my new forum friends on another site claims this is the future of Honda, and he claims to work for them.

This is what he said.

Best 0-60, yet best MPG? Hmmmm... How is that possible? Mazda 274horses = 5.8 secs Hyundai 235horses = 7.2 secs, and honda 244horses = 5.8 secs. Yet the honda has the lowest engine torque?! Wouldn't mind Honda getting more juice, but doesn't need it considering it can outrun the gas killing 2007 Camry V6 and Passat V6's with way more horses.!

Yes, the TL does lack in power (258, 0-60 = 5.7), but it can still blow the damn doors off it's competitors G35 (280, = 6.1), Es330 (245, = 7.0), etc....

And finally: the 2007 TL will remain the same with the exception of widening the car about an inch or two, SH-AWD, black and white tail lenses, smoked out heads, and larger wheels, and slightly tweeked interior. And addition of Type-S model....

The TL is supposed to have around 290-300 horses, torque around 250-260, same 3.2, and the Type-S will have anywhere form 310-330 horses, and torque form 270-280 ft. lbs....

"Take it for what it's worth ya'll"
Not sure how much it IS worth. I'm looking at Car and Driver, arguably the best magazine road testers, and they get the following 0-60 figures:

V-6 Accord - 5.9 (v. 5.8)
Hyundai Sonata - 6.6 (v. 7.2)
Acura TL - 5.9 (v. 5.7)
('06) G35 - 5.9 (v. 6.1)
VW Passat - 5.9 (he didn't give a number, but said the TL outruns it)

etc., etc.

The cars he says are getting their "damn doors blown off by the TL" seem to run exactly the same numbers when tested by the same magazine and testers.

Then he says : "the 2007 TL will remain the same with the exception of widening the car about an inch or two, SH-AWD, black and white tail lenses, smoked out heads, and larger wheels, and slightly tweeked interior."

I also do not believe for a minute the 2007 TL will be "an inch or two wider". That would require completely retooling the body, which they don't do on MMF's. Maybe in 2009.

And I also still don't believe the TL will get SH-AWD until it's completely restyled, nor do I believe they'll try to get 290-300hp out of the 3.2. Regardless what others might say, that would overstress the 3.2 too much to make it reliable, and would also depress the torque too much (considering displacement, torque and hp are directly linked with any given setup).

The stuff about "black and white tail lenses, and smoked out heads" also smells funny to me. I doubt you'll see those.

Look, it's a mid-model freshening. They'll probably make some cosmetic changes to the headlights, tail lights, front fascia and a couple other things like everyone else does. Other than the Type S (assuming the rumor is true), the hp will probably stay the same. It costs untold dollars and many months to certify a new engine in any given vehicle, and that has to be planned far in advance.

The big changes you're hoping for are what the next complete restyling is for. Don't set yourself up for a big disappointment ...
Old 07-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Pro

As others have said, vtec.com guys are usually dead on. Their inside stuff is good. This site had a great insider named Justin who knew his stuff and was dead on when those of us on here left the "other" forum for this one and wanted info on the then new '04 TL.

With all that said, I don't see the TL getting SH-AWD for this model. I don't see it getting over 300 hp as the torque steer would be much even with the LSD (the 5 spd Auto would need the LSD).

I wish Acura would stick with what they said and not bring out a Type S model. I would rather they come up with a TL-R (with the R being red) and hook up the IMA to boost power making the TL a performance hybrid like Acura said they would do (yes no specific model was mentioned I am just assuming the TL would make a better performance hybrid then the RL).

The Concept TL shows clear tail light covers which are out dated in my book and the headlamp covers are tinted. The fenders are bulged out as the track seems to be increased. I was guessing that the MMC TL would look close to the Concept TL minus the interior with the sporty ventilated seats colored in red (see Acura pressroom website for pics or do a search on this forum as I'm sure there are some pics somewhere).

It makes sense that the next TSX would get the RDX's motor and the 250 hp makes sense the new 2.3 seems to be held back to 240 as to not step on the MDX's shoes and to allow a power increase in three years.

I also thought that the next supercar (NSX or whatever) was getting a V10 not a ?V8. I do not see the RL getting a V8 but the next MDX's motor especially if it is indeed around 3.8 liters.

While the TL is selling well, it is getting old and Acura needs to do something to stay the course till the FMC come out. So I guess the Type S is coming.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Wants an M3 in

Originally Posted by neuronbob
OK, sounds interesting. The TOV is usually dead-on. 295 hp + AWD=neuronbob trades in his TL.

Ludachrisvt = trade in x2
Old 07-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Wants an M3 in

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Not sure how much it IS worth. I'm looking at Car and Driver, arguably the best magazine road testers, and they get the following 0-60 figures:

V-6 Accord - 5.9 (v. 5.8)
Hyundai Sonata - 6.6 (v. 7.2)
Acura TL - 5.9 (v. 5.7)
('06) G35 - 5.9 (v. 6.1)
VW Passat - 5.9 (he didn't give a number, but said the TL outruns it)

etc., etc.

The cars he says are getting their "damn doors blown off by the TL" seem to run exactly the same numbers when tested by the same magazine and testers.

Then he says : "the 2007 TL will remain the same with the exception of widening the car about an inch or two, SH-AWD, black and white tail lenses, smoked out heads, and larger wheels, and slightly tweeked interior."

I also do not believe for a minute the 2007 TL will be "an inch or two wider". That would require completely retooling the body, which they don't do on MMF's. Maybe in 2009.

And I also still don't believe the TL will get SH-AWD until it's completely restyled, nor do I believe they'll try to get 290-300hp out of the 3.2. Regardless what others might say, that would overstress the 3.2 too much to make it reliable, and would also depress the torque too much (considering displacement, torque and hp are directly linked with any given setup).

The stuff about "black and white tail lenses, and smoked out heads" also smells funny to me. I doubt you'll see those.

Look, it's a mid-model freshening. They'll probably make some cosmetic changes to the headlights, tail lights, front fascia and a couple other things like everyone else does. Other than the Type S (assuming the rumor is true), the hp will probably stay the same. It costs untold dollars and many months to certify a new engine in any given vehicle, and that has to be planned far in advance.

The big changes you're hoping for are what the next complete restyling is for. Don't set yourself up for a big disappointment ...
Isnt the current m3 a 3.2???
Old 07-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Wants an M3 in

if (power >= 300)
drivetrain = sh-awd;
else
drivetrain = fwd;
Old 07-02-2006, 10:15 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
Isnt the current m3 a 3.2???
Yep, but different engine architecture. My opinion is based on the current Acura 3.2 as used in the TL.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:14 AM
10th Gear

FOLKS-

MY 04 TL LEASE WAS JUST UP ON 6/18. I COULDNT WAIT ANY LONGER FOR ACURA.

I KNOW SOME OF YOU MAY BE SCRATCHING YOUR HEADS AT WHAT I AM GOING TO TELL YOU.

MY LOCAL INFINITI DEALER CALLED ME LAST WEEK WITH THE FOLLOWING DEAL-

FX35 BLUETOOTH, TOURING, SPORT, TECH PACKAGE ( NAV ETC) MSRP $48,520.00

12 MONTH LEASE, 15K MILES. $349.00 a month INCLUDING TAX. DUE AT SIGNING FIRST MONTH + $1,000.00.

IN 12 MONTHS FROM NOW- MAYBE ACURA WILL LET US KNOW WHAT THEY PLAN ON DOING.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BIGTIME
FOLKS-

12 MONTH LEASE, 15K MILES. $349.00 a month INCLUDING TAX. DUE AT SIGNING FIRST MONTH + $1,000.00.

that's a great deal!!!!! almost sounds too good to be true
Old 07-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Pro

Has Acura ever really let us know what is going on? It was a shock that they mentioned a V10, V8, no V8, and a hybrid performance model.

As Acura and Honda continue to separate with Acura going global in '08 and getting its own design center the lack of information may change.

Also too, Acura doesn't want to reveal too much too soon for a number of reasons.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Intermediate

So the soonest in most of ya'lls opinion I would beable to buy/lease a Acura TL SH-AWD is the 2009' model which will probably come out the fall of 2008. I will be devistated to have to wait that long. ....

Perhaps the new infiniti G35 will be my personal best choice ? I can believe that deal on the
FX 35...WOW !!!! If I do wait for a 2008' or beyond for a new vehicle then the new bodystyle CTS-V which might come out as a 2009' model with 600 hp. might then be my best choice.

I am not giving up on Acura yet though.

Rocky
Old 07-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Infiniti has some kind of extended test drive deal going on with these one year leases. I saw it advertised at my local dealer as I was driving by.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Instructor

FOLKS-

Please let me know the dealer and rep. I want to get a deal like that. I'm in NYC.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
That's an annual cost of over $5300 with no equity at the end of a year. Walk away.

How much would a TL depreciate in a year?

Just wondering.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:34 PM
10th Gear

That's an annual cost of over $5300 with no equity at the end of a year. Walk away.

How much would a TL depreciate in a year?

Just wondering.
The closed end lease shows close to a 90% residual on the car - after 12 months and 15k miles.

They must be smoking something good at Infiniti bank.

What residual does Honda Finance give any of its cars after 12 months/15k miles....
Old 07-04-2006, 02:28 PM
AcurAdmirer

Are you kidding??? That's an absolute killer deal. You'd pay that much a month for a TL lease that would tie you up for 3 years ... also with no equity at the end. And when have you ever had equity at the end of a year ... or even 3 years ... of car ownership? I would guess NEVER.

Maybe you just don't like leasing, but I consider it the 21st century way of "buying" cars. No haggling (and then getting mad as hell) over trade-in values, no downpayment in most cases, no sweat.

And where could you rent even a stripped Corolla for $100 a week?

Go for it!
Old 07-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Are you kidding??? That's an absolute killer deal. You'd pay that much a month for a TL lease that would tie you up for 3 years ... also with no equity at the end. And when have you ever had equity at the end of a year ... or even 3 years ... of car ownership? I would guess NEVER.

Maybe you just don't like leasing, but I consider it the 21st century way of "buying" cars. No haggling (and then getting mad as hell) over trade-in values, no downpayment in most cases, no sweat.

And where could you rent even a stripped Corolla for $100 a week?

Go for it!
You misunderstood my comment. I said that the lease is a "walk away" lease meaning you're all done with the car and obligations at the end.

I didn't mean to walk away from the deal because it was bad.

I don't have any referrence point for leasing prices because I have never done that.

But I have purchased. My car before the TL depreciated $12,000 in 14 years. (Maxima). I always had equity in it because I didn't finance the balance when I bought it.

My current car was about $ 33,000 and I have had offers recently of $29,000 after two years and two months. However, I only have 5k miles on it and it is still showroom condition/garage babied.

Dealers are still asking over $30k for 2004s. I know, it sounds whacky to me too.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:18 PM
10th Gear

You misunderstood my comment. I said that the lease is a "walk away" lease meaning you're all done with the car and obligations at the end.

I didn't mean to walk away from the deal because it was bad.

I don't have any referrence point for leasing prices because I have never done that.

But I have purchased. My car before the TL depreciated $12,000 in 14 years. (Maxima). I always had equity in it because I didn't finance the balance when I bought it.

My current car was about $ 33,000 and I have had offers recently of $29,000 after two years and two months. However, I only have 5k miles on it and it is still showroom condition/garage babied.

Dealers are still asking over $30k for 2004s. I know, it sounds whacky to me too.
Here are the ( best ) costs and residuals what the BASE 06 TL NO NAV would look like after 3 years/ 45k miles

Vehicle: New 2006 ACURA TL UA6**6 4d Sdn w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
Term: 36
Base Payment: 520.49
Purchase Option: 19,345.80
MSRP: 33,940.00
Est. Miles Per Year: 15,000
Excess Mileage Charge: 0.20

Money Due at Inception
1st Month Payment: 520.49
Security Deposit: 550.00
Acq Fee (Upfront): 500.00
Fees & Ins: (Upfront) 0.00
Upfront Taxes: 0.00
Cap Reduction (Cash): 0.00
Total Out of Pocket 1570.49
Customer Rebates: 0.00
Total Initial Charges: 1570.49
Old 07-04-2006, 08:14 PM
AcurAdmirer

Here are the ( best ) costs and residuals what the BASE 06 TL NO NAV would look like after 3 years/ 45k miles

Vehicle: New 2006 ACURA TL UA6**6 4d Sdn w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
Term: 36
Base Payment: 520.49
Purchase Option: 19,345.80
MSRP: 33,940.00
Est. Miles Per Year: 15,000
Excess Mileage Charge: 0.20

Money Due at Inception
1st Month Payment: 520.49
Security Deposit: 550.00
Acq Fee (Upfront): 500.00
Fees & Ins: (Upfront) 0.00
Upfront Taxes: 0.00
Cap Reduction (Cash): 0.00
Total Out of Pocket 1570.49
Customer Rebates: 0.00
Total Initial Charges: 1570.49
You didn't mention anything about sales tax, but the figures don't indicate that it's included in your numbers.

Those numbers reflect a residual of 57% and a money factor of .00216 (which equates to an APR of 5.184%). These numbers are about right, but in my state sales tax would add about $2,121 to the total, or another $60 to the payment if included there!

But I guess your point was to show the residual value after 3 years ...
Old 07-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Instructor

gee....i love when people talk about something that has absoutely nothing to do with the original point of post ......i check this thread often to find any new info on 07s but i guess people ran out of rumors and guesses on 07s....
Old 07-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Senior Moderator

If you can't find your post, it was probably removed for being off-topic. (Including a couple of mine.)

If you want to discuss other vehicles or topics other than 2007+ Acura TLs, go to the appropriate forum such as Car Talk.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1