2006 TSX Info...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:02 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by ianS
No, it is not Euro-R. It is only a regular JDM Accord. I hope Euro-R won't get this ugly grill...

Thats right. Not nearly agressive enough to be an R.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:04 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ianS
No, it is not Euro-R. It is only a regular JDM Accord. I hope Euro-R won't get this ugly grill...
ahk... my point was those weren't changes going to be made the TSX...
Old 09-01-2005, 10:05 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by dom
I'll bet my first born that all the changes we see in those pics (excluding the "H" on the steering wheel and Interior trim) and including those god awful rims get carried over to the TSX. The cars are manufactured side by side.
you really think the TSX is going to get all chrome door handles and clear corners? Even though almost every single US car has amber running lights?

that would shock me...
Old 09-01-2005, 10:07 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
you really think the TSX is going to get all chrome door handles and clear corners? Even though almost every single US car has amber running lights?

that would shock me...

Clear corners no, and the C&D pic supports that. But that grille, those rims, the new hood, side moulding, rear bumper and front bumpers will all be on the 06 TSX.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:09 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by dom
Clear corners no, and the C&D pic supports that. But that grille, those rims, the new hood, side moulding, rear bumper and front bumpers will all be on the 06 TSX.

all I was referring to was the chrome handles (which I doubt are coming here) and the clear conrners...

EDIT: I wish I could see the handles in the C&D pic...
Old 09-01-2005, 10:10 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Actually looking more closely at that pic from C&D, the grille doesn't seem as thick as it does in this new Euro Accord pic. But the rims, front bumper, position and shape of the fogs and new side mouldings are definently the same.

EDIT: I could see the chrome handles on the 06 as well. Acura is after all a luxury brand. Chrome = bling.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
the wheels defiantely suck though, 04-05 wheels are nice IMO
Old 09-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Intermediate

imo the shots so far have decreased the tsx exterior appeal esp considering other cars like the is250 which there are an abbundance of pics why be so secretive honda
Old 09-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Go Dutch !

Don't like the new front grille and hood either... definatly lot less agressive looking... the chrome handles were already on the current euroAccord (our doorhandles have always been different from the ones on the TSX). Starting to get into a bit of a dilemma looking at this facelift... I got one of the first euroAccords when they came out early 2003. Every 3 to 3,5 years I trade in my car, so it's comming up early 2006. The pictures of the facelift I must admit I don;t like too much; prefer the current one better... Must wait and see it at the dealer before making final gudgement... Eventhough I'm a Honda nut and always have been driving Honda's I'm now considering a sidestep to the is250 for the next 3 years. Here's a pic of the facelifted EuroAccord wagon and new Civic IMA.

ps. I read in a local article the new EuroAccord will have Advanced Driving Assist Systems-technology and adaptieve cruise control (last one as an option). Also as an option a 'lane guard system' is possible... whatever it may be...
Old 09-01-2005, 10:27 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Trance_Tsx
imo the shots so far have decreased the tsx exterior appeal esp considering other cars like the is250 which there are an abbundance of pics why be so secretive honda

Lexus has nothing to lose by advertising the new IS as much as they can. They hope to presuade buyers to hold off from buying a TSX, G35, TL or whatever and make them wait for the new IS.

And since current IS sales are so dismall, they won't be losing sales to the newer model. 05 TSX sales are verr strong so advertising the 06 prematurely may slow sales. Honda pretty much does that with all their models.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude... the pictures are of a Euro-R... so those arn't changes and won't be for the TSX

That's just a Euro Accord (CL9), and NOT a Euro-R (CL7).

...and I bet the Euro-R will carry over without any exterior changes.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:28 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I like the headlights on the Euro Civic Sedan better than I do the NA Civic Sedan.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:30 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by dom
Lexus has nothing to lose by advertising the new IS as much as they can. They hope to presuade buyers to hold off from buying a TSX, G35, TL or whatever and make them wait for the new IS.

And since current IS sales are so dismall, they won't be losing sales to the newer model. 05 TSX sales are verr strong so advertising the 06 prematurely may slow sales. Honda pretty much does that with all their models.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

that would shock me...

I wasn't referring to the corners if you look at my original post.... I was referring to the signal lights between the high/low beams... in that pic it LOOKS like it's using clear lense and amber bulb instead of an amber lense.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Go Dutch !

Originally Posted by supraken
That's just a Euro Accord (CL9), and NOT a Euro-R (CL7).

...and I bet the Euro-R will carry over without any exterior changes.

EuroAccord with 2.4L engine is indeed CL9, but the EuroAccord with 2.0L engine (K20C/160HP) is also a CL7.... not to be mistaken with a Euro-R CL7 though :-)
Old 09-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Instructor

the grill reminds me of the new toyota avalon somewhat with the big laid back chrome bar.

and that euro civic looks like it stole the headlights from a saturn ion redline...
Old 09-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Safety Car

The key looks like the USDM Accord key.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mokijoki
EuroAccord with 2.4L engine is indeed CL9, but the EuroAccord with 2.0L engine (K20C/160HP) is also a CL7.... not to be mistaken with a Euro-R CL7 though :-)

right... all of the current 2.0l Accords are CL7...
Old 09-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm a llama :(

Do the headlights look like they get thinner towards the side? For some reason the 04-05's headlights look more substantial, which I like.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Motohip
Do the headlights look like they get thinner towards the side? For some reason the 04-05's headlights look more substantial, which I like.
I think it's the clear corners that give it that effect. They always look more integrated. I think the headlights are the exact same for 06.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Instructor

the lower grill opening (inbetween fogs) definitely needs some mesh. those boxy slats are pitiful.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Intermediate

I wonder if they moved the sunroof switch to the ceiling. I don't know if the JDM Accord has always had a different looking button for the sunroof, but from what I can see on the one interior picture we have, the button where the 04/05 TSX sunroof button is does not have the same three white images, but only one image (of what I can't tell). That would be delightful.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Instructor

a very quick & dirty photochop.....

Old 09-01-2005, 02:04 PM
VSA Rocks

Ewww. Looks like hubcaps.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Instructor

yeah, i thought they may look better if they were bigger, but...
Old 09-01-2005, 03:36 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

I think the dash will be diffrent in the TSX. That guage cluster is way more Accord than TSX.

Looking at the UK accord, the dash is more in line with the us Accord. As is the photo above.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:56 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

The more I look at these recent posts, the 2005 TSX, and the 2005 euro/japan Accords; the more I realize that the changes in these photos could have little to do with the changes we will see on the TSX.

Looks to me that the things that are different, have always been different between the euro/japan accords and the TSX. (front fecia, skirts, and interior)

The front and wheel do seem to match that little R&T picture. But how acurate is that? The wheels also match the discription of a new standard 9-spoke.

I'd be surprised and a little disipointed if they make the TSX interior look like this. It's more Accord than TL. I like the 05 interior better. I also agree that the wheels are a move for the worse as well. And my 2006 is already on order.

Mark
Old 09-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dom

you have a good point, but for me considering an 06 model im leaning towards the lexus even tho i love hondas purely because ive seen it and it looks good plus i thnk most of the non enthusiast buyers havent a clue that car pics have shown up online most ppl i know dont even know there new civic pics online.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by Trance_Tsx
you have a good point, but for me considering an 06 model im leaning towards the lexus even tho i love hondas purely because ive seen it and it looks good plus i thnk most of the non enthusiast buyers havent a clue that car pics have shown up online most ppl i know dont even know there new civic pics online.
I'd have to agree. The people who will see the pictures are car enthusiasts and are only a small percentage of potential TSX buyers.

But on the other hand. If you have the car available for pictures then it's also available for testing, which means it will be in magazines. Magazines will influence a lot more people.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Instructor

I own the '04 model and the new interior features of the '06 are making me think more and more about trading in for the '06. I was/am very envious of the TL's Bluetooth Handsfree feature.

Then again, the exterior changes in style will deter me greatly if it ends up looking like any of these proto-photo-chops.

We'll just have to wait and see...
Old 09-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This was posted in Off Topic by Acura Magazine

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID3000?m...72495&mime=asc

06 Acura TSX- Introduction

Torrance, Calif. 09/01/2005 --

The TSX sports sedan complements the sporty TL and the luxurious RL in Acura's lineup of performance luxury sedans. The TSX is positioned as a stepping stone to other Acura products and provides luxury sedan buyers with an entry point to the Acura brand.

The front-wheel drive TSX was engineered and appointed to compete with Europe's best sedans in the sporty near-luxury segment (the European D segment). This segment includes cars like the Audi A4 and the BMW 3 Series.

In keeping with its European competitors, the TSX driving character is sharply focused on the sporty end of the scale. Its double-wishbone front and multi-link rear suspension has sophisticated geometry that helps the TSX corner flat and resist acceleration lift and braking dive. In addition, the TSX has P215/50R17 Michelin MXM4 V-rated tires, 4-wheel disc brakes, and an impressive arsenal of electronic driver aids including Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control and an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). A highly refined power rack-and-pinion steering system provides outstanding road feel that rivals the best Europe can offer. The takeaway for the driver is an ultra-competent entry luxury sports sedan that's immensely fun to drive.

For 2006, Acura made significant changes to the TSX to enhance its performance, exterior styling and interior sophistication. The result is a sports sedan that is more luxurious, sportier and even more fun to drive.

Modifications to the intake, exhaust and emissions systems were made to the TSX's 2.4-liter i-VTEC(TM) four cylinder engine. These changes boost power from 200 hp at 6,800 rpm to 205 hp SAE net (Rev 8/04) at 7,000 rpm and help to make the TSX sportier and even more agile.

For the 2006 model year, all Acura horsepower and torque specifications have been updated to reflect revised Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1349 (Rev 8/04) net calculations that went into affect in January of 2005. These new calculations reflect a number of significant changes in the way horsepower and torque are measured and may cause SAE net horsepower and torque totals published in 2006 media materials to differ from the figures published in previous years. To avoid confusion, all 2006 Acura press materials will specify "SAE net (Rev 8/04)" after all horsepower and torque figures to denote adherence to the new standards.

The 2006 TSX is available with either a 6-speed manual transmission (with a lightweight magnesium case) or a 5-speed SportShift(TM) automatic that offers quick and precise gear changes. Thanks to its i-VTEC(TM) intelligent variable valve timing and lift, the engine provides a broad, useable powerband that's uncommon in a 4-cylinder engine, together with a stirring high-rpm power rush. The TSX engine is backed by 40 years of Honda international racing experience in Formula One, CART, Indy Car and Grand Prix motorcycles.

For 2006, exterior styling changes have been made to enhance the TSX's bold demeanor while retaining the sporty character that has made it a hot seller since its debut in 2003. Exterior enhancements include restyled front and rear fascias and side sills, a new wheel design and the addition of bumper-integrated fog lights. Four new exterior colors have been added: Alabaster Silver Metallic, Deep Green Pearl, Royal Blue Pearl and Silver Stone Metallic

Creature comforts include a dual-zone climate control system and a power moonroof with sliding shade. Steering-wheel mounted switches control the standard 360-watt Premium Sound System, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, cruise control and functions of the optional latest-generation Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition(TM).

The interior of the 2006 TSX has been enhanced through the addition of several key new features including the HandsFreeLink(TM) wireless phone interface, an auxiliary jack for digital music players and Acura's Smart Maintenance System. In addition, the navigation system was upgraded and a sportier steering wheel was applied.

2006 Model Year Changes

Powertrain

* Horsepower increased to 205 SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 7000 rpm
* Torque increased to 164 lbs-ft. SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 4500 rpm
* Larger intake valves
* Increased valve timing and lift
* Increased intake and exhaust flow
* Reduced engine pumping losses
* Stronger automatic transmission to complement increased horsepower
o Higher capacity clutch
o Higher capacity torque converter

Chassis

* Electronic Brake Assist
* Increased rigidity of upper A-arm reduces NVH

Exterior Styling

* Restyled hood and grille
* Redesigned headlights and combination taillights
* Redesigned front and rear bumpers
* Fog lamps are integrated into the lower bumper
* More pronounced side sills
* New nine-spoke alloy wheels
* Flat wiper blades increase visibility and reduce wind noise
* Four new exterior colors: Alabaster Silver Metallic replaces Satin Silver, Glacier Blue Metallic replaces Meteor Silver Metallic, and Deep Green Pearl, and Royal Blue Pearl are added

Interior

* 2-position memory for driver's seat
* Auxiliary audio jack in center console for digital music players
* HandsFreeLinkÔwireless telephone interface
* Sports steering wheel
* Multi-info display
* New meter face
* New wood-patterned trim for models with Parchment interior
* Metallic garnish added to shift knob
* Smart Maintenance system
* Enhanced Acura Navigation System (optional)
o Larger buttons and fonts
o Faster processing speed
o Points of Interest (POI) database increased to 7 million
o HandsFreeLink calling to POI
o More voice recognition commands (653)
o Zagat Survey(TM) restaurant guide
o Exit ramp services feature
* Enhanced in-glass antennae for improved radio reception

Design summary

While the TSX is a finely honed sports sedan, it's also a magnificently comfortable 5-passenger commuter. Its tremendous unit body stiffness, achieved through the use of high-tensile steel and state-of-the-art computer engineering processes, makes an ideal attachment point for the suspension, and also offers a quiet haven for passengers. Attention to aerodynamics has provided a drag coefficient (Cd) as low as that of any other sedan in the TSX segment. The benefits of this aero-achievement include enhanced high-speed stability and an aggressive appearance.

The interior of the TSX connotes a sporty feeling, backed by the latest safety advances including side airbags and side curtain airbags with a larger protective area than that of the competition. The racing-inspired front seats feature pronounced side bolsters that help keep the driver and front passenger comfortable while cornering. The steering column is manually adjustable for both telescope and tilt. An 8-way power adjustable driver's seat (with 2-position memory for 2006) and a 4-way adjustable passenger seat come standard on every TSX.

Target Buyer

Young. Hip. Technically astute. Raised on Japanese cars. Aspiring to own upscale brands. They are all of this and much more, but these terms perfectly define the buyers that are attracted to the distinctive styling of the TSX, its advanced engineering and its sporting handling. Today's leading automotive designs are sporty and aggressive, and TSX buyers will recognize these cues in this sporty Acura sedan.

Acura TSX owner demographics:

* 50 percent male
* Median age 43 years
* 60 percent married
* 78 percent college educated
* $86,000 median household income

These young and affluent buyers have an emotional attachment to their cars, but require a rational base to support their purchases. The TSX supports both needs with its outstanding handling, strong engine performance, distinctive overall design character, and the world-class quality inherent in all Acura products.
Single Trim Level With Many Standard Features

The Acura TSX comes in one trim level that includes perforated leather upholstery, a power glass moonroof, HID headlights, a premium sound system and much more. It features either a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission or an advanced 5-speed SportShift automatic transmission. The only factory option is the Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition.

Body features

* Rigid unit body structure with extensive use of high-tensile steel
* Superior aerodynamic performance
* High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
* UV light-reflecting green-tinted glass
* Scratch-resistant bright metal Acura doorsill garnishes
* Multiplex wiring circuits
* Power glass moonroof
* Power mirrors with integrated turn signals
* Bumper-integrated fog lights (new for 2006)

Chassis Features

* Double-wishbone front suspension
* Double-wishbone multi-link rear suspension
* Front and rear stabilizer bars
* Lightweight rear aluminum suspension knuckles
* Anti-dive and anti-lift suspension geometry
* Quick-ratio power rack-and-pinion steering
* 17 x 7-inch alloy wheels
* P215/50R17 Michelin MXM4 V-rated all-season high performance tires
* 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS
* Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control
* Electronic Brake Assist (new for 2006)

Powertrain features

* Advanced 2.4-liter DOHC i-VTEC in-line 4-cylinder engine
* 205 horsepower @ 7,000 rpm (SAE net (Rev 8/04))
* 164 lbs.-ft. torque @ 4,500 rpm (SAE net (Rev 8/04))
* i-VTEC "intelligent" Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control
* Advanced Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
* Direct ignition system
* Drive-by-wire throttle control
* Dual balance shafts
* 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission
* 5-speed Sequential SportShift(TM) automatic transmission
* 110,000-mile tune-up interval
* Maintenance Minder System (new for 2006)

Comfort and convenience features

* Easy-to-read analog instruments with LED backlit illumination
* Leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel
* Steering column with adjustable reach and tilt
* Perforated leather performance-oriented heated front bucket seats
* 8-way power driver's seat with adjustable lumbar support
* Driver's seat with 2-position memory (new for 2006)
* 4-way adjustable power passenger seat
* Dual-zone automatic climate control system
* Power windows with driver's auto-down and up feature with auto-reverse
* Power adjustable heated door mirrors
* Keyless entry system with panic button and window controls
* HandsFreeLink wireless phone connectivity (new for 2006)
* 8-speaker, 360-watt Acura premium sound system
* XM(TM) Satellite Radio
* 60/40 split-folding rear seatback with locking feature
* Available Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition
* Digital media auxiliary jack in center console (new for 2006)
* Multi-information display (new for 2006)
* Engine immobilizer with rolling code

Safety Features

* Front dual-stage, dual-threshold airbags
* Front seat side airbags with passenger height, seatbelt and position sensors
* Side curtain airbags
* Front and rear crumple zones
* Energy-absorbing sliding front subframe
* Front seat belt pretensioners with load limiters
* Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system in rear outboard seating positions

Environmental Features

* Reduction of lead in construction
* Elimination of polyvinyl chlorides (PVC) from instrument panel and other parts
* Extensive use of recycled materials
* CARB LEV-2 emissions certified
Old 09-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Intermediate

Not to mention OFFICIAL PICS...

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID3039
Old 09-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bryhogan
Not to mention OFFICIAL PICS...

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID3039
YES!!!!

Old 09-01-2005, 09:49 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
04/05 looks better IMO.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:51 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
meh...04-05>06 on the outside

06>04-05 on the inside

Still a great car though, i think its overall improved because the technology additions out weigh the downgrade in looks, new rims and maybe a kit and your sitting pretty
Old 09-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Advanced

Totally feeling this. Me like. A LOT.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by dom
I'll bet my first born that all the changes we see in those pics (excluding the "H" on the steering wheel and Interior trim) and including those god awful rims get carried over to the TSX. The cars are manufactured side by side.
I don't think the HVAC will look like that, the 04-05 TSX and Euro Accord do NOT share the same interior. The TSX shares the same interior as the JDM Inspire, the US Accord shares the Euro Accord interior. I wouldn't be surprised if none of the changes on the 05 TSX interior looks like those pics.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:15 PM
J J
Intermediate

Body kit

We have to see what the new body kit looks like and what the new rim options are. As the stock car, I agree, outside looks slight downgrade from the 2005, but inside enhancements, you have to go with the 2006. That said, if it comes with a nice body kit and options for rims, it could potentially look better than the 2005...The kit for the 2005 RSX is very aggressive, so lets hope they did the same thing for the 2006 TSX...nice pics guys. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by jlukja
YES!!!!

i think the TSX now looks more classy, but is it just me or did they make the exhaust tips smaller now?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:19 PM
J J
Intermediate

Nice side by side pics. YOu can see that the side under body comes down slighty more, this looks better. rear looks about the same. front view slightly better to me with the grill and fog lights...they will take a little getting used to though.

Quick Reply: 2006 TSX Info...