AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Likes it dirty

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
we should definitely get a meet going next weekend.
Im down! hoping it is as big as the last one i attended
Old 05-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Took another pic today......I just had to.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,223 Likes on 698 Posts
^Looking good.
nice, I went to the exhibit a month or two ago. It was pretty neat.

getting pictures taken of the TL today. Finally....
Was the exhibit worth the $35 entry?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

It was cool....Id never been before
Old 05-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
SO went to Dallas Raceway today...Loved it but too bad the best I could squeeze out of the car was a 15.084 @ 93.96mph...I need to get smaller/lighter tire....At least its a good baseline. I could have broke 14s but it was running toward the end of the day. Me and my buddy got a good 8 or so runs in...Not bad IMO for taking a break in between and arriving around 5pm. Hopefully my next wheel/tire combo will drop me to the 14s and so on. Plus it only cost me 20 bucks...Looks like I might need to invest in a new clutch too seems like this one dont like the slipping haha.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Suzuka Master

$20 for 8 runs? Sounds like a good deal! Where you running competition, or just yourself?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Test N tune...Im gonna pull apart my car today since its not running optimally...Trapping a bit low. Gonna make sure everything is dandy inside the engine and so on. Also gonna clean the air filter as I doubt the previous owner has ever touched it on his CAI. Gonna make me a ghetto V2 with a velocity stack also later on.

But yes it was a test n tune style but you got to run with whoever you lined up with. It was fun. ANyone need a set of 19s lol...Hopefully I find a seller soon so I can order my enkei rpf1's. Also I could have easily gotten 10+ runs in but I had to let the car sit...Check engine light flashed a bit and clutch was gettin a bit hot hot lapping the car...Overall I am satisfied and realize what I need to do to improve the car and drive it....Next time I will launch higher since I didnt want to break anything with the rim/tire combo I have on there. So much different from my h22a accord haha.

Last edited by NAiL05; 05-18-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

fuckin car weighs 2 tons. you'd have to F/I to really make some good numbers.

But Im anxious to see what times you pull.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NAiL05
SO went to Dallas Raceway today...Loved it but too bad the best I could squeeze out of the car was a 15.084 @ 93.96mph...I need to get smaller/lighter tire....At least its a good baseline. I could have broke 14s but it was running toward the end of the day. Me and my buddy got a good 8 or so runs in...Not bad IMO for taking a break in between and arriving around 5pm. Hopefully my next wheel/tire combo will drop me to the 14s and so on. Plus it only cost me 20 bucks...Looks like I might need to invest in a new clutch too seems like this one dont like the slipping haha.
I pulled 14.6 @ ~97mph when I ran a year or two ago (totally stock). Pulled a 2.00 60' time on that run too. PMPTX and I ran several time together and I ended up doing 14.7's the rest of the night.

The car should run as low as 14.25 stock. I'm not sure what my time would be now with the CAI and exhaust but would think I could get it down a couple tenths.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yea...I want to run stock tire/wheel. I was pulling 2.4 ish 60 foots which were a killer. I guess I just need to launch higher next time. Im inspecting the engine since it does have 118000 miles on it.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

hey Nail, I actually did see a N/A TL pull a 13.7.

Ill have to find that video
Old 05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Im pretty sure you can given the right conditions and weather. Plus a good driver...I hate the clutch dampener on this thing though...First run out on the track I grind second dirty. After that I would pause a bit when I shifted into second before giving it any power. However I do like how the clutch always engages at the same point...Leaves for consistant Reaction times. I wonder if I could get a non dampened slave off of another vehicle and go with that since it looks like the dampener is in the slave itself.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

i grind second gear as well. I dont think thats you at all.

With the TL its sucks but your shifts have to be spot on. Ive noticed that if I bring up first nice and fluid second will hit everytime. But if I just floor it I grind it. I dont know, our trannys just suck I guess.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Monday night meet was badass tonight. Carrera GT & 430 Scuderia came out as well as Fubar's 1KHP Ford GT.

Also got a few compliments on the TL, and talked to Jotech who had everyone out there. One of their guys told me Kenny is actually working on a tune up for the TL as they've recently been getting a few of them in. So, good news for us, imo.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 AM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
Monday night meet was badass tonight. Carrera GT & 430 Scuderia came out as well as Fubar's 1KHP Ford GT.

Also got a few compliments on the TL, and talked to Jotech who had everyone out there. One of their guys told me Kenny is actually working on a tune up for the TL as they've recently been getting a few of them in. So, good news for us, imo.
he's pretty late to our TL generation lol.

So where u guys want to meet? There's one on May 30th in grand prairie!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Took another pic today......I just had to.

wow... im speechless...
Old 05-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
wow... im speechless...
Drew it looks even better in person. Pictures do not do it justice.

Well they may when Jordan comes over this weekend hehehe
Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

i grind second gear as well. I dont think thats you at all.

With the TL its sucks but your shifts have to be spot on. Ive noticed that if I bring up first nice and fluid second will hit everytime. But if I just floor it I grind it. I dont know, our trannys just suck I guess.
I agree with Trance, if you can peg the 1-2 shift the car will pull. You have to shift quickly and be dead on without hitting the rev limiter and without missing the gear.

The next challenge in a 1/4 mile track, the way our car is geared it causes you to shift from 3rd to 4th within 3-4 car lengths before the finish which kills your time. By the time you've shifted you've lost the momentum you are gaining because you're not engaged in 4th and continuing the pull across the line.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yea I have noticed that. I didnt know if I wanted to keep it in third and peg the limiter all the way down. It just doesnt feel right to me on a 100k motor lol. The 1-2 shift might have been what killed me...After I grinded the first time I kinda stopped ripping it into gear lol. Anyway...The reason IMO is the clutch dampener that gets in the way. IT "softens" the shift so you dont get the harsh impact. IMO its retarded that honda did this and its a killer to our clutch setups and so on. THe AP2 s2k had the same issue because people were complaining about how "harsh" the car was...I just say why buy an s2k then if your gonna do that. Most people that change the slave usually take the AP1 s2k slave since its non dampened and use that. I wonder if we have any car we can interchange ours out of. It seems like our dampener is built into the slave cylinder also. IMO if we get rid of that we can get rid of the grind and rip through gears at the sacrifice of a slightly harsher ride...But if you know how to drive manual that shouldnt matter. I dont like this wait till it gets into gear power on deal. Not a fun time and its doing more harm to my trans than good...I think after wheels and suspension my clutch is gonna be next on the car. Need to find a good one or I will just go with the Exedy OE replacement. Ive heard bad stories about spec and CM and unfortunaltely they are the only ones that pretty much make a cluch for this car...Need to outsource ACT or something lol.

Last edited by NAiL05; 05-19-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

yeah but you really have to ask yourself, (this may be my age talking here), is it really worth dumping all that money into engine mods for this car?

I mean if it were RWD, or at least able to take headers then maybe. Just doesnt seem worth it to me.

I did CAI and custom exhaust. That alone makes the car sound awesome. Ill be doing the J-Pipe and third cat delete. It sounds like alot because it is and if done on the right car you would get more HP then you do with the TL.

But Id be willing to bet that with all those mods I barely got 15HP out of it, if that.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

I understand where your coming from. I am just gonna have some fun with this car since I am still young. I am still searching for another mkiii supra after mine got jacked...So yea I found one in keller but the dude hasnt responded to me. I am looking for a pre 86.5-88 shell then gonna have some fun and turn that into a time attack vehicle.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by sifuacura
he's pretty late to our TL generation lol.

So where u guys want to meet? There's one on May 30th in grand prairie!
True. But, I don't think he's had a demand for it until recently.

So Nail, what's this I hear about Wednesday's meet ending with police telling ya'll to leave?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Burning Brakes

I am happy to announce that I am gainfully UNEMPLOYED!!!! Woohoo!!!

No more 110 mile roundtrip drive to work! AND...I'm being paid my full salary through the end of the year!

So--I'm going to start looking for a new job and enjoy decompressing and recharging for the new job!!!!!

Positive attitude is what I'm going to use to get me into the next gig. I have the opportunity to earn double income the sooner I get the next job...even if it means dong short contract work.

Get the word out my fellow AZers--if you know of a company needing a project manager/program manager let me know!

Peter--let's talk!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Rick: The people in the housing area behind the main shopping area started to throw out noise complaints....that led to plano pd telling us to leave...So instead they told us to just go to Sam's saying no one was there and worst case scenario they tell us to leave...Plano PD has been cool with us recently so props to them. Anyway the meets have toned down since undercovers been patrolling the meet so I like that and less people doing retarded things. I dunno where this week is gonna be at so far...If all else fails Ill just go to the normal spot and buy something so technically im a patron and so on...It might be at the Sam's again but you never know. If I get more information I will post up in here.

Silver: That sucks but thats a positive way to look at it. Have you tried looking into Bell Helicopter?

Hopefully this answers to questions for the people that go to the wed night meet..it will be at the Sam's at coit and GB:

Last edited by NAiL05; 05-19-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Suzuka Master

I've heard about the residents, but I've also heard the lot owner was there and didn't like what was going on. Somebody else has told me someone was already trying to drift at Sam's.

Either way, I may make the trip if it lasts 2 weeks at Sam's. Otherwise, I'll continue to read how it goes on Dallasimports. RKC's right now, is fine for me, and doesn't have the chance of being shut down as long as Mr. Reed is happy with our actions.

BTW, they have a "cute" flyer.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yea the dude was a dumbass in the 240...Hopefully he was stopped before that happened....Either way plano PD is in the lot most of the time. When we were there there were about 4-5 cars in the lot. We were at steak and shake stopped at the end for a few sec then we left. Yea the flyer is to make fun of a certain website that keeps on advertising...gets kinda annoying honestly.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

I understand where your coming from. I am just gonna have some fun with this car since I am still young. I am still searching for another mkiii supra after mine got jacked...So yea I found one in keller but the dude hasnt responded to me. I am looking for a pre 86.5-88 shell then gonna have some fun and turn that into a time attack vehicle.

Dude, believe me, you will be happy with each and every mod you do to this car. This is the only reason Ive even done half the shit to mine, simply because Ive very happy with the outcome.

I think we both know it will never be a supra, hell thats why Im buying an Exige here soon. The TL is just a great car that has just enough power to have fun and just enough interior to keep it in a class of its own....
Old 05-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

oh and dont go to another meet without letting me know. shoot me a PM.

I wanna meet and hang out..
Old 05-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Dude, believe me, you will be happy with each and every mod you do to this car. This is the only reason Ive even done half the shit to mine, simply because Ive very happy with the outcome.

I think we both know it will never be a supra, hell thats why Im buying an Exige here soon. The TL is just a great car that has just enough power to have fun and just enough interior to keep it in a class of its own....
For sure I see a lot of potential in this engine itself. The engine itself is built really well. I have a love of cars that range from old school muscle cars to semi engines haha. But from I can tell this v6 motor so far has a lot of potential and a lot of people are just cracking the base of it with just basic bolt ons. It would be fun to tear into this engine. The exige is a nice car. I would love to track one not really the greatest everyday vehicle but who really cares haha. Its kinda hard for a bigger guy like me to get in it but hey once your in you are IN haha. But yea the supra will be the project. Im gonna play around with the TL a little more and just use it as a DD when I find the supra but for now its whatever man haha. But yea I should be out at the wed night meet tomorrow if they dont get kicked out man. Usually I am there around 9 or so hanging around the clublexus people.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Give me a shout after 10:30 today on my cell or home.

Welcome to the club. Sorry to hear, bbut there are some good networking groups that you will want to get active with now so you have better options going into 3rd and 4th quarters.

Peter
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
I am happy to announce that I am gainfully UNEMPLOYED!!!! Woohoo!!!

No more 110 mile roundtrip drive to work! AND...I'm being paid my full salary through the end of the year!

So--I'm going to start looking for a new job and enjoy decompressing and recharging for the new job!!!!!

Positive attitude is what I'm going to use to get me into the next gig. I have the opportunity to earn double income the sooner I get the next job...even if it means dong short contract work.

Get the word out my fellow AZers--if you know of a company needing a project manager/program manager let me know!

Peter--let's talk!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pmptx
Give me a shout after 10:30 today on my cell or home.

Welcome to the club. Sorry to hear, bbut there are some good networking groups that you will want to get active with now so you have better options going into 3rd and 4th quarters.

Peter
Will do!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Anyone goin out tonight to the wed night meet?
Old 05-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Dude I want to but its not lookin good. Ill be here putting engines back together.

Lets meet up this weekend. Bring the TL over to the house, Ill throw something on the grill.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Its all g. Just let me know whats up! I will be out there with the camera haha take pics of the new location if I dont get too lazy lol.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Anyone goin out tonight to the wed night meet?
I'll come out maybe. It's competing with the American Idol finale tonight.

If not tonight then definitely next Wednesday.

All this freedom I have now being unemployed is almost overwhelming.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

hahaha nice. Just let me know I will be out there around 9 as always if not a bit later.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:44 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Lets have a meet this saturday, its been awhile since i went down to Addison.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Meet was pretty good yesterday...Plano PD was out in full force hahaha as we found out leaving the meet. But overall it was a fun meet and I enjoyed it. A lot less people doing dumbass stuff. Gotta love undercovers got most of the people that were peeling out out of the Sam's parking lot.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Just to add because my computer wont let me update the post...The wednesday night meet is officially on at Sam's Plano PD actually went out of the way to ask the Sam's club for us to have a meet there and they agreed...Runt (for those of you on DI) got a pm from plano pd and yes they are watching the boards heres the message he posted on DI:

Just to let you guys know we have a real good opportunity here, the Plano PD and Sam's are both ok with us being there. The Plano PD has taken the initiative to actually ask the Sam's night manager if it's ok for us to be there and has given us the ok. The Plano PD is aware of the meet (obviously) and will be watching it so for those of you that feel the need to act like jackasses, just don't because you will be asked to leave if not ticketed/arrested.

Racing around the meet is also a stupid idea it draws unnecessary attention to the people that are just hanging out. You can easily ruin the meet for everyone else by street racing, take it to the track if you really want to compare tally wackers.

One more piece of advice remember how everyone always says "The Police are watching the boards" well they are and i've been in contact with him and he's trying to help us keep this meeting place. We ruin this and we probably won't have his help again, so act like adults and use some good judgment for god sakes.

Runt
Old 05-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Suzuka Master

We've been telling DI that police are monitoring them, Ricekiller, & everyone else related to the DFW area, but everyone still did stupid shit. Glad to see the undercover cops (who have been in the meet long before this move) finally got some people to rethink their stupidity.

But, in a positive manner, whose heading out to Motorsport Ranch June 6th? Apex is holding classes & Ruf Auto Centre is sponsoring the event this year due to Boardwalk concerning themselves with other issues.

Quick Reply: AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew