AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by biggieTX
Don't we have a birthday coming up Ethan? I know we share names...i thought we shared bdays too.
Mines in August....the big 4.....0
Old 04-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by pmptx
Shine em up and come on over to the house for the DFW car meet.
This year the Acurazine and S2Ki groups are both invited for some good food and lots of beautiful cars.
The grill will be going and I will have lots of NA bevs, please feel free to BYOB, I may have some also.

The garage will be open if we have any minor mods, otherwise it will be a lot of food and fun.

If we can get o2cls on board again, some rolling shots as well as some great group shots of the cars can be had in nearby westlake.

Please post up if interested so I have an idea of how much food to make.
Past menus have included:
Prime rib sandwiches, carnitas, wings, etc.
Look forward to seeing you there
Linkey for location

1)pmptx (Peter)
2)
a meet at Peter's!!! oh man... they go down in history with Ethan's meets...

all!!! hope everything is well in the big D...
Old 04-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
a Peter meet!!! :cries: oh man...
Drew come on down. The flight is just over 3 hours

I will be trying a new mini sandwich
Foccacia Bread with Marinated/Grilled Chk Breast topped with Fresh Mozz, Basil and Tomato dressed with a balsamic mayo

We miss you around here. Hope to see you soon. Glad the house has come together up north and congrats on the life changes in the past few years since the trek up North.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
Kids these days....yeesh
Old 04-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Drew come on down. The flight is just over 3 hours

I will be trying a new mini sandwich
Foccacia Bread with Marinated/Grilled Chk Breast topped with Fresh Mozz, Basil and Tomato dressed with a balsamic mayo

We miss you around here. Hope to see you soon. Glad the house has come together up north and congrats on the life changes in the past few years since the trek up North.
Thanks sir... yes i know and I am sure Ethan wants to kick my @$$ because I haven't come down for a visit yet since 07... i have been so busy, it isn't even funny... work is work and every weekend seems to be another project at home... the trend lately has been plumbing issues from my threads in Home and Garden... this weekend tho, i gotta get my lawn and garden in shape...

i'll talk it over with the wife... she does want to visit her aunt in Austin... but most likely we will plan it when it is colder... so we can hide from the snow that is up here... then again, u guys got more snow than we did this year...

but i promise you guys i'll get down there...
Old 04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Trust Me I'm Better!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey DFW crew does anybody know of a (cheaper-than-the-dealership) mechanic shop that can replace 2 broken motor mounts on my CLS in the Dallas area? Thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
So you're telling me that they fucked your car up....Bob knew about this.....acknowleged that he knew about it......and did nothing about it?

Im sorry Mark. For what that man has done for me I find that hard to swallow.

I guess some things are just out of his hands. Sorry to hear about that
Pretty much . . Bob's alway's taken care of me too, but maybe management shut him down . . . we'll never know.

This all started while they were replacing my tranny back in late 2008.

The mechanic forgot to put the radiator cap on and I made it a few miles before I saw steam blowing out the hood. I took it back after I got it cooled off and took it back. I showed Bob the missing cap and fluid everywhere and all Bob could say was that it couldn't have been their fault . . . the tech was one of their best. I showed him the cap was missing, so he went to talk with the tech and came back and said they didn't find it and he was sure he put it back on. We look to see if he left it laying somewhere on the engine and didn't see it. Bob went to get a factory cap (mine was a Mugen) and topped of the fluid. They offered to wash it, but I said no thanks I'll take it to the car wash and do it myself. I made it 2 miles before it started overheating again and took it right back and pulled it in to the service drive. Bob was on the phone so I opened up the hood to check the fluid and see if there were any leaks. While looking all around I found my Mugen cap down beneath the front motor mount. While I was doing this the Service Director happened by and asked me if someone was helping me and I told him what happened. He was miffed, said they knew the cooling system should have been bled because it got air in the system while it was boiling over. He took it back, had them bleed the system and wash the car again. He also commented that he noticed my car had a lot of power . . he also noticed that it was vibrating at idle – still had the bad Innovative mounts – we talked about my mods and he seemed cool. He talked about his racing venture and was in to off road truck racing. He asked about how much power I thought I was putting out and I said about 310hp or so . . he said that he knew this engine could put out 400hp if done right. Bob came out at that time and the bleeding issue was discussed. They apologized for the troubles and I went on my way.

Now the next part starts a couple of days later. I had left my car out on the drive way (I usually pull it right in) and as I walked into the garage I saw oil on the floor. I know there wasn’t any before I took it in because I had just cleaned out the garage while it was having the tranny replaced, so the oil didn’t show up until I got it back . . coincidence? I cleaned it up and pulled the car in and jacked it up to see where it was coming from. It was coming from where the tranny and engine bolt together and all I could think of was that the tech may have screwed something else up, since we knew he screwed up with the cooling system. I take it back in and explain it to Bob and asked how this could have happened? He takes it back to the tech to take a look at it, and confirm that the rear main is leaking. I commented that it was odd that it suddenly started leaking badly and not even a drop before. I also asked if they checked the rear main when they did a tranny replace . . . especially since it’s well known that the rear main oil seals are subject to premature failure. Once again Bob stated that the tech – ALWAYS - checks the rear main on a tranny removal. Well I reminded Bob that this same “great tech” also forgot to replace my radiator cap. I asked Bob what it would take to fix it and it was several hundred dollars . . maybe $500 or more. I asked Bob what they were going to do to make this right. He asked me to wait while he goes and talks to the Service Director. After awhile he comes back and claims they did nothing wrong and there’s nothing they were going to do about it. Being a former mechanic myself, I knew this could never be proved either way . . . figured I’m screwed.

One more thing. After the tranny swap I was complaining about odd shifting and operation. Bob took it for a drive with the tech and came back and said they found nothing wrong. I asked Bob to take a ride with me so I could show him figuring they couldn’t duplicate it but I could. Once I showed him he didn’t know what to say and offered to have the tech drive with me and hook up a computer while I was driving. They couldn’t do it right then as the tech had to get another car out first. I agreed to call and schedule an appointment for this . . . no calls where ever returned. I drove in a couple of time hoping to catch Bob, but he wasn’t there either time. I did respond negatively to their survey and sent them a letter, but no response to either . . . I guess that’s what you call great customer service.
I felt this was a losing battle and decided to take the only course of action left . . . black ball them. Everyone I know I tell about this . . . I’ve posted this a long time ago in this forum, in others and spread bad PR whenever I can . . . I figure the $500 they saved by screwing me has cost them many times that over the past 15+ months . . . and I’ll keep trashing them whenever I can.

Bob may be an overall good guy, but he should have at least returned the calls and said that there’s nothing they can or will do. I guess the latter was implied when they didn’t respond anymore.

Ruf
Old 04-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Lead Footed

Kids these days....yeesh
Hey, I'm still a kid . . it's going to be my 32nd anniversary of my 18th birthday in a few months . . .

Ruf
Old 04-08-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 35 today!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

I dont know man. Thats a shitty situation.

I am not going to sit here and make excuses for him. Bob is merely just a middle man.

Im just very disappointed with how you were treated.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

It reminds me of this kid that had an RSX. He changed out his intake manifold and let a nut fall into one of the cylinders. He takes all his mods off, puts it back to stock and takes it to Bob thinking that Bob was going to make it all go away. They knew he was trying to pull one over. I personally went to Bob myself and made sure he understood that I had nothing to do with that.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by biggieTX

I am 35 today!!!
Congrats

why are you using a new username?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
Thanks sir... yes i know and I am sure Ethan wants to kick my @$$ because I haven't come down for a visit yet since 07..
whatever dude......you're dead to me
Old 04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Lead Footed

It reminds me of this kid that had an RSX. He changed out his intake manifold and let a nut fall into one of the cylinders. He takes all his mods off, puts it back to stock and takes it to Bob thinking that Bob was going to make it all go away. They knew he was trying to pull one over. I personally went to Bob myself and made sure he understood that I had nothing to do with that.
I agree . . own your screw ups . . I have many times.

Ruf
Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Kids these days....yeesh
Ill tell ya....I sure the fuck dont feel like one
Old 04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by RUF87
I agree . . own your screw ups . . I have many times.

Ruf
so you really think you're getting 300hp out of that car?

after riding with you I believe it
Old 04-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
She's like, "all of them are too old for you, all they do is smoke and drink and cuss" ...

well shes got my number
Old 04-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Reminds me of that dude that dumped sand in his intake and revved the piss out of it thinking it would "sand blast/Port/Polish" his engine lol.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,208 Likes on 692 Posts
you should let Nelson take a look at it. I hear hes pretty handy with tools
He'll even work on it in your kitchen fo free.
I dont get any shit for hanging out with any of you. My wife understands my passion and to be honest, there is no age limit.

One of my closest and best friends, I met on this site and is YEARS younger then me.
I was going to say at one point, that it's cool how your wife never seems to mind going with you when you're hanging out with us kiddos.

Wish more women were like that, honestly.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Lead Footed

so you really think you're getting 300hp out of that car?

after riding with you I believe it
Well . . believe it or not, with all the current mods I think it could be 320+ . . at the crank of course. Just the other day, even with it not running right I pulled a BMW 650i in 1st and 2nd.

Ruf
Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by NAiL05
Reminds me of that dude that dumped sand in his intake and revved the piss out of it thinking it would "sand blast/Port/Polish" his engine lol.

No way!!

Well I've done a few good ones over the years . . .

Ruf
Old 04-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
Wish more women were like that, honestly.

Well, mine doesn't give me as much grief any more . . . it never stopped me. It's just the kids activities . . . but, hey . . they're only around a few more years and they're off to college.

Ruf
Old 04-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Well, mine doesn't give me as much grief any more . . . it never stopped me. It's just the kids activities . . . but, hey . . they're only around a few more years and they're off to college.

Ruf
My ex was never like that. She'd always ask why the hell I wanted to spend money on the car instead of her & thought it was fucking stupid to spend so much money on an exhaust.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Lead Footed

By the way . . . forgot to let everyone know that I just got the 'new manufacturers' field test motor mounts from Excelerate. As some of you know, I'm the official Acurazine 2nd gen tester, so any 2nd gens who are interested in this just let me know.

Also, there'll be a thread in both the CL & TL forums on this where I will provide information and updates.

Ruf
Old 04-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
So, what time was everyone going to the meet thing? I realized C/C is that Saturday as well, it would be cool if we went there then cruised all the way to Peter's...just an idea?
Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Peter says he's going to be up & running around 10AM, so it really depends on Ethan if we plan to follow him.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Wait, how the hell is Peter's meet on the same day if C&C takes place on May 1st....
Old 04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Drifting

My bad...I thought the May 1st was monday. So I guess we can leave w/e Ethan wants to...
Old 04-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

By the way . . . forgot to let everyone know that I just got the 'new manufacturers' field test motor mounts from Excelerate. As some of you know, I'm the official Acurazine 2nd gen tester, so any 2nd gens who are interested in this just let me know.

Also, there'll be a thread in both the CL & TL forums on this where I will provide information and updates.

Ruf
Let me know when you put them in. Which hardness did you get? Im thinkin 75a or 85a depending on what I feel like.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Lead Footed

Let me know when you put them in. Which hardness did you get? Im thinkin 75a or 85a depending on what I feel like.
Well, if you want to help I'll call you to see if anything works out . .

Ruf
Old 04-08-2010, 08:00 PM

Congrats

why are you using a new username?
my old one was deactivated like 18 months ago
Old 04-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Anybody know a good tint guy in town? My GS is naked...needs some tint.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Tritek is not too bad...They laser cut there tints. Pretty cool they do a good job. I think my friend paid like 150 for his last time.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Thats a nice ride bro
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 PM

Thats a nice ride bro
Thanks E! I just put the Lexus Tourmaline 18's on it.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Tritek is not too bad...They laser cut there tints. Pretty cool they do a good job. I think my friend paid like 150 for his last time.
Tritek or ProTint. ProTint did a great job on mine back when we got the car, & David from Tritek is an outstanding dude when it comes to tinting.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Im gonna have Jordan (02cls) up here tomorrow with his miata. We're gonna take the lotus out if anyones up for lunch

maybe bonedaddys hehe
Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 PM

Im gonna have Jordan (02cls) up here tomorrow with his miata. We're gonna take the lotus out if anyones up for lunch

maybe bonedaddys hehe
I am free for lunch.....
Old 04-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Drifting

I wish...I have school. If only it was after...
Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Drifting

Ethan what is the shop name of the place you got the exhaust done?

Last edited by d-townhakuzo; 04-08-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Quick Reply: AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew