AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Regional Forums > Regions > Texas
Reload this Page >

AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew

Notices

AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew

Reply

 
 
 
Old 07-29-2008, 08:21 PM
  #1  
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader
Thread Starter
 
trancemission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Age: 48
Posts: 8,858
Thanked 179 Times in 115 Posts
Arrow AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew

Im starting a new thread for us.

Due to our current version of VBulletin we have to keep these threads a bit shorter.
trancemission is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 PM
  #2  
Q('.')=O
iTrader: (1)
 
imj0257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DFW, TX
Age: 34
Posts: 22,545
Thanked 597 Times in 431 Posts
#2

ya that admin guy i've never seen before was saying all the mega threads is what were causing the site to be 28k slow.

O ya... just got my tls tails/sides today, get aspec kit friday can't wait. installing on saturday.
imj0257 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 PM
  #3  
G
Bitten.
 
G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,801
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ooo-a fancy new thread
G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 PM
  #4  
friend of fast
 
FunkeeTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: fort worth, tx
Age: 38
Posts: 865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
and look who found it...the og crew. haha.
FunkeeTown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:34 AM
  #5  
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.
 
MarbleGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 6,232
Thanked 1,175 Times in 480 Posts
Where teh hell has Andy and Kirk been?
MarbleGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
ATXTSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 462
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Andy did his lil pop up and ramble in the old thread but other then that i guess he is being a hermit again.
ATXTSX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 AM
  #7  
Drive FAst and Swirve
 
leolebo28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: TEXAS
Age: 39
Posts: 963
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OG triple OG in da hizzzzy LOL
leolebo28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:04 AM
  #8  
Moderator Alumnus
 
mantis23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Carrollton, Texas
Age: 40
Posts: 17,856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OG checkin in.
mantis23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:23 AM
  #9  
Community Architect
robb m.
 
astro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: ON
Age: 42
Posts: 72,402
Thanked 382 Times in 158 Posts
:ibpage2:

astro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
  #10  
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.
 
MarbleGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 6,232
Thanked 1,175 Times in 480 Posts
Am I an OG yet?
MarbleGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:39 PM
  #11  
Registered Member
 
lilndnplayer01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
never been on a fresh thread :) lol

i was curious about a few things hoping you guys would be able to help me out:

I got a safety recall from Acura for my TL (2006) and it says that this recall exist for certain 2004-2008 models the recall is for the power steering fluid leak, and anyone here get that as well?

my second question was on your TL's off a tank what do you guys average, i finally hit 302miles, kinda started easing off the gas ever since V-power shot over 4 bucks loll so ive never really gotten this much, but wanted to know if it can go any higher, i hear the tsx avg's about 400 or so (not sure though) so I'm not really expecting a drastic increase of a tank for a TL but just curious!

Thanks in advance!

and finally, I started working as an Insurance Broker, for Life/Health Insurance & Annuities! lol, wish me luck guys!
lilndnplayer01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:30 PM
  #12  
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader
Thread Starter
 
trancemission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Age: 48
Posts: 8,858
Thanked 179 Times in 115 Posts
ahh, it even smells new
trancemission is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 PM
  #13  
I pay for sex
iTrader: (2)
 
Cocoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX
Age: 35
Posts: 9,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 106 Times in 78 Posts













Cocoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:01 PM
  #14  
Master MDX Driver
 
highmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Alamo City
Age: 33
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OooOooOoo! New thread! SwEeT!!!

-Cocoa, I like-ah-da cage, very nice!
highmath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
  #15  
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader
Thread Starter
 
trancemission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Age: 48
Posts: 8,858
Thanked 179 Times in 115 Posts
sick cocoa

Highmath Im coming down to San Anton on the 18th to Cessna to tear some engines apart.

We'll have to meet up
trancemission is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
  #16  
Master MDX Driver
 
highmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Alamo City
Age: 33
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
highmath, trancemission

Hi!
highmath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:15 PM
  #17  
Registered Member
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rowlett, TX
Age: 57
Posts: 1,000
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by lilndnplayer01
i was curious about a few things hoping you guys would be able to help me out:

I got a safety recall from Acura for my TL (2006) and it says that this recall exist for certain 2004-2008 models the recall is for the power steering fluid leak, and anyone here get that as well?

my second question was on your TL's off a tank what do you guys average, i finally hit 302miles, kinda started easing off the gas ever since V-power shot over 4 bucks loll so ive never really gotten this much, but wanted to know if it can go any higher, i hear the tsx avg's about 400 or so (not sure though) so I'm not really expecting a drastic increase of a tank for a TL but just curious!

Thanks in advance!

and finally, I started working as an Insurance Broker, for Life/Health Insurance & Annuities! lol, wish me luck guys!
I easily get 360miles per tank with 2 gals left when the trip meter reads 0 miles to empty. So i could go another 50miles on top of that.

...and I drive fast when i do.

I've been able to get ~35mpg on a recent trip to austin this year.
Silver Bullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 PM
  #18  
Registered Member
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rowlett, TX
Age: 57
Posts: 1,000
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
my post above is my checking in. Sup dogs?!
Silver Bullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:20 PM
  #19  
A clean ride is in
 
treyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Worth, Texas
Age: 52
Posts: 3,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just popping in to say hi!!

Cocoa, that ride looks sick!! What are your track times???
treyster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
  #20  
Master MDX Driver
 
highmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Alamo City
Age: 33
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
sick cocoa

Highmath Im coming down to San Anton on the 18th to Cessna to tear some engines apart.

We'll have to meet up
E$, Sure thing! Keep me posted.
highmath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:40 PM
  #21  
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.
 
MarbleGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 6,232
Thanked 1,175 Times in 480 Posts
wtf Trey!
MarbleGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:02 PM
  #22  
I pay for sex
iTrader: (2)
 
Cocoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX
Age: 35
Posts: 9,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 106 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by treyster
Just popping in to say hi!!

Cocoa, that ride looks sick!! What are your track times???
I don't drag, but the last time I went I snapped an axle, stripped my half shaft, and blew my clutch out in Ennis. Never been after that, lol.
Cocoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
  #23  
Beware of leakage
 
Chopsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana, just east of nowhere
Age: 36
Posts: 19,790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I heard the overhead page while fishing for llama burgers.

Hola habeneros, and papricka's !
O.G. elephant tits, checking in before they close down the prison for the night.

Upon my stay, I ate en entire bag of sand, and one hoola-hoop. After the electric chair, I'll power the new bat signal, and take doors off of hybrids for amputees to have easy access.





- Jack Nicholson Speedy Gonzales
Chopsie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
  #24  
friend of fast
 
FunkeeTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: fort worth, tx
Age: 38
Posts: 865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i wanna do what cocoa did to his cl.....to my mom's 03 TL. haha. for her birthday!
FunkeeTown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:52 AM
  #25  
G
Bitten.
 
G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,801
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cocoa
that's sexy

What series are you racing in?
G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:50 AM
  #26  
Drive FAst and Swirve
 
leolebo28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: TEXAS
Age: 39
Posts: 963
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
I easily get 360miles per tank with 2 gals left when the trip meter reads 0 miles to empty. So i could go another 50miles on top of that.

...and I drive fast when i do.

I've been able to get ~35mpg on a recent trip to austin this year.
damn it how the hell....i cant even make it to 300miles on a full tank....granted i have that extra .2 liters but seriously wtf
leolebo28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:02 PM
  #27  
I pay for sex
iTrader: (2)
 
Cocoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX
Age: 35
Posts: 9,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 106 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by ATXCLS
that's sexy

What series are you racing in?
Honestly, I've only gone to privte events. The professional race series I want to attend is the Redline Time Attack in the unlimited fwd class. About 3 years ago they held it in Tx, OK, and AL. The past 2 years it's been held in CA, NV and AZ. I'm hoping they bring it down here next year. This year it'll be held over in CA again.

Once I'm done, I'll be attending private events again for practice. And then I'll see what race events I can find from that point on.
Cocoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 PM
  #28  
G
Bitten.
 
G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,801
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cocoa
Honestly, I've only gone to privte events. The professional race series I want to attend is the Redline Time Attack in the unlimited fwd class. About 3 years ago they held it in Tx, OK, and AL. The past 2 years it's been held in CA, NV and AZ. I'm hoping they bring it down here next year. This year it'll be held over in CA again.

Once I'm done, I'll be attending private events again for practice. And then I'll see what race events I can find from that point on.
Sweet. What private events do you do? Do you do any Driver's Edge stuff?
G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:27 PM
  #29  
01 Type-S, Sexy Silver
 
disgruntlednut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Keller, Texas
Age: 31
Posts: 520
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
man, 2 days go by and a new thread comes up? lol

nice cage cocoa, i wanna see that thing in person.
disgruntlednut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:44 PM
  #30  
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.
 
MarbleGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 6,232
Thanked 1,175 Times in 480 Posts
Originally Posted by FunkeeTown
i wanna do what cocoa did to his cl.....to my mom's 03 TL. haha. for her birthday!

Ill buy the spray paint.
MarbleGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:09 PM
  #31  
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader
Thread Starter
 
trancemission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Age: 48
Posts: 8,858
Thanked 179 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by leolebo28
damn it how the hell....i cant even make it to 300miles on a full tank....granted i have that extra .2 liters but seriously wtf

Dont believe everything that MID tells you Leo. Mine says the same thing
trancemission is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:10 PM
  #32  
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader
Thread Starter
 
trancemission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Age: 48
Posts: 8,858
Thanked 179 Times in 115 Posts
So whose ready to celebrate another birthday with me?
trancemission is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:33 PM
  #33  
I pay for sex
iTrader: (2)
 
Cocoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX
Age: 35
Posts: 9,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 106 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by ATXCLS
Sweet. What private events do you do? Do you do any Driver's Edge stuff?
I moved here from California. So out there we went to all the private events the shop owners had that we knew.

Over here I am in fact planning on running with TDE. One of their members shoots me an email every month in regards to their track events (went to their meeting last summer just to see what it was all about. Very nice group of fellas/gals). I'll run at their events once I'm finished with my next project, which is thinjim's turbo kit.
Cocoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:51 PM
  #34  
Registered Member
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rowlett, TX
Age: 57
Posts: 1,000
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Silver Bullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:53 PM
  #35  
Registered Member
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rowlett, TX
Age: 57
Posts: 1,000
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by trancemission
So whose ready to celebrate another birthday with me?
me
Silver Bullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 PM
  #36  
Registered Member
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rowlett, TX
Age: 57
Posts: 1,000
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by leolebo28
damn it how the hell....i cant even make it to 300miles on a full tank....granted i have that extra .2 liters but seriously wtf
I have 90%+ highway driving from East Dallas/Lake Ray Hubbard through downtown Dallas out to the north DFW airport area. Barring major traffic (Iavoid peak rush hours to minimize slow downs) I do the 35 mile trip and push speeds as high as 90mph+ in parts. My average mph on a tank is about 45mph+.

So I'm averaging 24-25mpg to get 360 miles out of 15 of 17 gallon tank.

Now I have opened up my intake with the CAI and exhaust so I noticed a gain from that of about 3-4mpg, I'm guessing.

So you must averaging more like 20-21mpg.
Silver Bullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
  #37  
Registered Member
 
Silver Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rowlett, TX
Age: 57
Posts: 1,000
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cocoa
I moved here from California. So out there we went to all the private events the shop owners had that we knew.

Over here I am in fact planning on running with TDE. One of their members shoots me an email every month in regards to their track events (went to their meeting last summer just to see what it was all about. Very nice group of fellas/gals). I'll run at their events once I'm finished with my next project, which is thinjim's turbo kit.
TDE?
Silver Bullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:04 PM
  #38  
I pay for sex
iTrader: (2)
 
Cocoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX
Age: 35
Posts: 9,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 106 Times in 78 Posts
^ Everyone I've talked to out here refers to The Driver's Edge as TDE. Sorry for any confusion.
Cocoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:04 PM
  #39  
I pay for sex
iTrader: (2)
 
Cocoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX
Age: 35
Posts: 9,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 106 Times in 78 Posts
Btw, thinjim's turbo kit came in the mail today.





Cocoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:26 PM
  #40  
Honda+Blue=My garage
 
pmptx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DFW TX
Posts: 2,565
Thanked 43 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
I have 90%+ highway driving from East Dallas/Lake Ray Hubbard through downtown Dallas out to the north DFW airport area. Barring major traffic (Iavoid peak rush hours to minimize slow downs) I do the 35 mile trip and push speeds as high as 90mph+ in parts. My average mph on a tank is about 45mph+.

So I'm averaging 24-25mpg to get 360 miles out of 15 of 17 gallon tank.

Now I have opened up my intake with the CAI and exhaust so I noticed a gain from that of about 3-4mpg, I'm guessing.

So you must averaging more like 20-21mpg.
38 miles each way 95% hwy and I am about 420 when the light comes on--averaging 28-30 mpg. 70's for hwy speed and the return home daily has slowdowns with 10 miles on a 45-50 mph rd with stoplights.

Guess the 2nd gen rules the mpg world-

And I am ready to fuel the body with some Londoner goodies tomorrow. Happy bday E$ in case I forget to mention it.
pmptx is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.