AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 01:08 AM
Dallas Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts
Yeah I saw the cupcake meet announcement on Fb today. I've never been to on! You better get off Quang, we need to make our presence known lol
Old 01-23-2014, 02:03 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
yeah I also saw his car at the UTI meet awhile back. I'm surprised i've never seen him before. I live only 15 minute from GP.

anyways I just got news that the next CCM (Cup Cake Meet) will be in march 8 at Grand Prairie Lone Star Park. Saturday 1-6 pm.

sadly I work saturdays and don't get off until 5. it's about time they bring it back to Dallas, we got no love last year.
I think I've sighted your car around once or twice, with the modded headlights with carbon fiber sides, right? Not sure if it was at UTI or the Honda-Fetish meet over the summer... I'm too embarrassed to try and park next to y'all with my stock-ness.

Just saw CCM on Facebook as well, may check it out as I've always heard of it but never been to one.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP_BALLER
Yeah I saw the cupcake meet announced on Fb today. I've never been to on! You better get off Quang, we need to make our presence known lol
Originally Posted by jo-nathanpham
I think I've sighted your car around once or twice, with the modded headlights with carbon fiber sides, right? Not sure if it was at UTI or the Honda-Fetish meet over the summer... I'm too embarrassed to try and park next to y'all with my stock-ness.

Just saw CCM on Facebook as well, may check it out as I've always heard of it but never been to one.
haha since you two never went before you should definitely check it out. the first ccm I attended was back in 2010 in Houston and it was fun. 1,000+ cars. it's a really big organized meet.

I suggest you two check it out because they only bring it to Dallas once a year, however they skipped Dallas in 2013 due to the summer heat..

@jo yeah I have custom headlights internally glossed black with cleared corners & cf vinyl. White painted O rings, authentic zkw lens with a hybrid projector setup (step shield instead of factory slope style shields) I was at Honda fetish parked in the spectator lot and at UTI parked next to a light pole. there was a super clean silver tl parked next to me lowered on polished xxr or varrstoens
Old 01-23-2014, 02:29 PM

I was at the Honda fetish meet parked next to swampy and a guy from the forum in a legend, tan legend. I forget his name... damn memory. I showed up the UTI meet when it was cancelled but didnt get to make it to the rescheduled one. I drove around the parking lot right before it started raining like "crap... i didnt get the memo i guess" lol I bet your cars nice and quiet now that you got that new tensioner on her eh Quang? We need to get the Dallas CREW up and running again! We also need a chapter leader because there is nobody to set anything up... any takers?
Old 01-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Giant Blue Car

Received 161 Likes on 125 Posts

We can be embarrassed about our "stockness" together!

haha since you two never went before you should definitely check it out. the first ccm I attended was back in 2010 in Houston and it was fun. 1,000+ cars. it's a really big organized meet.

I suggest you two check it out because they only bring it to Dallas once a year, however they skipped Dallas in 2013 due to the summer heat..
2012 was FAWKIN' HELLA-HOT!! Pure misery, I tell ya!

I was at the Honda fetish meet parked next to swampy and a guy from the forum in a legend, tan legend. I forget his name... damn memory. I showed up the UTI meet when it was cancelled but didnt get to make it to the rescheduled one. I drove around the parking lot right before it started raining like "crap... i didnt get the memo i guess" lol I bet your cars nice and quiet now that you got that new tensioner on her eh Quang? We need to get the Dallas CREW up and running again! We also need a chapter leader because there is nobody to set anything up... any takers?
I'm voting for you, Travis!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 03:37 PM

Jessica is alive!
The following users liked this post:
Catfisha (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Giant Blue Car

Jessica is alive!
Yes I am!!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:28 PM

Hows the CL?
Old 01-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Giant Blue Car

Hows the CL?
She's fine...except for the dying goose-sounding power steering... It's embarrassing!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Safety Car

haha yeah man if it weren't for you I would still be driving around with a noisy ass tensioner. anything new with your ride?
Old 01-24-2014, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Catfisha
She's fine...except for the dying goose-sounding power steering... It's embarrassing!!!
I can fix that!
Catfisha (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 01:08 PM

haha yeah man if it weren't for you I would still be driving around with a noisy ass tensioner. anything new with your ride?
Nah, not as of yet... I did the intake resonator delete mod a few nights ago. Didn't make a difference in sound at all haha Maybe because my exhaust overtakes it. I was bored lol Im trying not to buy anything because I gotta take it to the dealer and pay a $100 deductable for some new axles and trans looked at and what not soon plus buy a timing belt kit... YAY!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Safety Car

how many miles are you at? I just hit 80,000 a week ago. What did you notice with your transmission that made you want to get it looked at?
Old 01-24-2014, 11:39 PM

I'm at 107k, I just drive it hard and its starting to downshift harder than normal.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Safety Car

I suppose I'll have to start paying attention to my own trans to make sure mine isn't doing the same. did you ever do the pressure switches and redline atf fluid? or are you still using Honda dw1 atf?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:42 PM

Ive done one drain/refill at the dealer back at 85k but waiting for my warranty to go out before change fluids since they can say it failed due to a AM fluid. Just dont want to risk it ya know. Haven't done the pressure switches either... I no longer work for Sewell, so I gotta work on the car in my garage now! Tyring to open up my own shop with a friend.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
That would be awesome if you had a shop.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:13 PM
All Around Klown

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
When we gonna meet up. Just got my H&R springs and my Konis put on, and did the poor mans CAI while everything was apart. Also did my mid muffler delete and my Dynomax resonator about a week ago.

Good to have a friend with his own workshop...

Old 01-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Giant Blue Car

Ive done one drain/refill at the dealer back at 85k but waiting for my warranty to go out before change fluids since they can say it failed due to a AM fluid. Just dont want to risk it ya know. Haven't done the pressure switches either... I no longer work for Sewell, so I gotta work on the car in my garage now! Tyring to open up my own shop with a friend.
Oh YAY!!!! That'd be AWESOME!!!

Originally Posted by opboarding
That would be awesome if you had a shop.

Originally Posted by EvilJoker
When we gonna meet up. Just got my H&R springs and my Konis put on, and did the poor mans CAI while everything was apart. Also did my mid muffler delete and my Dynomax resonator about a week ago.

Lucky....

I ran into the guy with the ABP CL-S the other night while I was driving up 45. We weaved through traffic , and I exited with him. He wants to meet up again, and I gave him my phone number... I don't remember his name, dammit!!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Instructor

EvilJoker, that H&R/Koni setup looks awesome!

I was running H&R Sports springs on stock shocks for about 10k miles, but got tired of hearing all sorts of noises from my worn-out shocks... Just got back from Houston with a used set of Tein SA to try out. If I ever see you around, can I try riding along in your car to see how your combo works?
EvilJoker (01-28-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 10:02 PM

EvilJoker, that H&R/Koni setup looks awesome!

I was running H&R Sports springs on stock shocks for about 10k miles, but got tired of hearing all sorts of noises from my worn-out shocks... Just got back from Houston with a used set of Tein SA to try out. If I ever see you around, can I try riding along in your car to see how your combo works?
Lemme know if you need help putting them in man. I'm curious to how the TEIN SA ride, I heard like a dream. My ISC N1 ride pretty damn nice, but I do have them stiff

Nice to see the new additions man! Haven't seen you in a while dude! Glad to see her lowered a bit, I just did the resonator delete mod on my intake too cuz i was bored haha Pointless cuz my exhaust is loud lol

Last edited by NBP_BALLER; 01-27-2014 at 10:10 PM.
EvilJoker (01-28-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Lemme know if you need help putting them in man. I'm curious to how the TEIN SA ride, I heard like a dream. My ISC N1 ride pretty damn nice, but I do have them stiff
Thanks for the offer! I saw it in the Houston thread too; I'd love to meet you sometime! I've got a couple of buddies who should be helping me this weekend, hopefully... I'll definitely get in touch with you if I need it!

I'm curious myself! I'm sure it'll ride way better than my current setup; I was interested in the SA for the longest time, for exactly its reputation for comfort!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:06 PM

Well if you've put one set on before then you've got the general knowledge. Ive got tools and a garage if needed We need to plan a meet soon, this weather is so damn retarted. I might go down for the Houston meet on the 2nd
Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Instructor

Yes, the weather is idiotic! A local meet should definitely be in the works soon; I'd love to take a look at AZ DFW's finest cars! I occasionally go to a TIT meet on Sundays, been to two Cowtown meets (down the street from my school) on Tuesdays, and my friend's car group meets on Friday nights, I believe... I never knew there were so many meets until I started tagging along with him!

I haven't really worked on my suspension... But my two friends have (one of them did the springs replacements very proficiently!), and they're more well-versed in mechanicals than I am - I just like to supervise, observe, and learn from them, lol! The Teins should be a lovely bolt-in, after sliding the old assemblies out. Love that Andy included the Type-S top hats with it!

Whereabouts are you located, NBP? Maybe an informal meet and greet should happen soon!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:50 AM

Yes, the weather is idiotic! A local meet should definitely be in the works soon; I'd love to take a look at AZ DFW's finest cars! I occasionally go to a TIT meet on Sundays, been to two Cowtown meets (down the street from my school) on Tuesdays, and my friend's car group meets on Friday nights, I believe... I never knew there were so many meets until I started tagging along with him!

I haven't really worked on my suspension... But my two friends have (one of them did the springs replacements very proficiently!), and they're more well-versed in mechanicals than I am - I just like to supervise, observe, and learn from them, lol! The Teins should be a lovely bolt-in, after sliding the old assemblies out. Love that Andy included the Type-S top hats with it!

Whereabouts are you located, NBP? Maybe an informal meet and greet should happen soon!
I live up in Carrollton plano pkwy/parker. I'm all over dallas every day though, literally. I don't really go to any meets right now, haven't had time, but haven't found a whole lot of them around here. Cars and Coffee is right down the street from me, but I haven't gone. Been to a few ricekillers meets a while back with Eviljoker early last year, we as DFW boys n girls have not had a meet since June 6th i think... DAMN! I'll get something set up soon though. Time/place ideas?
Catfisha (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 07:33 AM
All Around Klown

If I ever see you around, can I try riding along in your car to see how your combo works?
cool with me... and thanks
Old 01-28-2014, 11:16 AM
slobalt defender

Received 349 Likes on 186 Posts
Legend 3.5 motor swap this Friday...vroom vroom!
The following 2 users liked this post by Hockeyman:
Catfisha (01-28-2014), opboarding (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Giant Blue Car

Originally Posted by HockeyMan0920
That is gonna be one HOT FAWKIN' GORGEOUS!!!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:11 PM
All Around Klown

did you ever get those wheels fixed that I sold you?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:57 PM

Sweet!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:28 AM
slobalt defender

did you ever get those wheels fixed that I sold you?
Had all 4 in great shape, fixed rash, repainted. Then paint shop stacked them on top of each other and messed up the finish (wouldn't own up to it, long story). I was beyond frustrated at that time so I sold 'em to a wheel refurbishing company. I pretty much broke even IIRC as I sold the tires too since they were the wrong size for the Legend. I picked up another rough set a couple months back though, gotta find the time to refinish these and put them on.

Last edited by Hockeyman; 01-29-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:35 AM
slobalt defender

That is gonna be one HOT FAWKIN' GORGEOUS!!!
You're first in line for a test drive at the next meet! Whenever that may be...
Old 01-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Giant Blue Car

Had all 4 in great shape, fixed rash, repainted. Then paint shop stacked them on top of each other and messed up the finish (wouldn't own up to it, long story). I was beyond frustrated at that time so I sold 'em to a wheel refurbishing company. I pretty much broke even IIRC as I sold the tires too since they were the wrong size for the Legend. I picked up another rough set a couple months back though, gotta find the time to refinish these and put them on.
PLEASE tell me this isn't the same paint shop that painted your car!!!

You're first in line for a test drive at the next meet! Whenever that may be...
Old 01-30-2014, 09:45 AM
slobalt defender

PLEASE tell me this isn't the same paint shop that painted your car!!!
Yes, it was . Putting all that behind me. Lesson learned.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Giant Blue Car

Yes, it was . Putting all that behind me. Lesson learned.
Oh MAN....I'm sorry! Those hacks should be closed down...
Old 01-31-2014, 09:34 AM
slobalt defender

They are now, or at least changed locations and phone #s again.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:59 AM

Anyone gonna go to Houston for their little meet on the 2nd? I'm probably gonna drive down there just for the hell of it, to get outta town lol
Old 01-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Bubba's Texas Burger Shack Meet Feb 1st not the 2nd. Albeit, I think the guys I are getting together to watch the Superbowl on the 2nd if that is what you are referring to?

FYI
Old 01-31-2014, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by EvilVirus
Bubba's Texas Burger Shack Meet Feb 1st not the 2nd. Albeit, I think the guys I are getting together to watch the Superbowl on the 2nd if that is what you are referring to?

FYI
Yeah, i dont know why i thought the 2nd lol THANKS
Old 02-01-2014, 06:30 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So wife wrecked her PT cruiser. Got about $3000 from the insurance. Looking into getting her an older Acura or Infiniti. Found this but do not know much about 1st gen Acura TL. Also thought about having her join the legend club. Ready GO

Oh and did see a few Acura CL's I considered also.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/4314010447.html

Quick Reply: AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew