Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Android: Phone News and Discussion Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 258 Posts
Yeah. The new PSX4Droid got rewritten and rereleased just the other day to ver2. It supposedly faster than the first version. Haven't had the chance to test it yet cause I still haven't downloaded any games. The N64 emulator is supposed to be due soon as well. He's supposedly in the testing phase at the moment then its just a matter of handing it off to the guy that makes virtual keys. If you take a look at my previous post you can even use your gamepad controllers using Wifi Keyboard, XPadder and a computer to route XPadder and the gamepad. It works perfectly for me:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...postcount=1353

For Vanilla Android devices, you can connect a WiiMote and use that to play the games. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Sense or TouchWiz.

Oh btw, if you noticed TouchWiz Launcher isn't all that bad. It actually accelerates LiveWallpapers. Something you won't find in the other launchers at the moment. Try a LiveWallpaper in LauncherPro and you'll notice lag. Try it again in TouchWiz and there isn't any. If you want a modified TouchWiz you can find it here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=822523

He has a 5-dock version, with/without the colored tiles and it can rotate in landscape if you want. Its also optimized compared to the stock TouchWiz. You'll need Froyo to use it.

They're also working on a Windows 7 launcher:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=864034

Still a work in progress as its still in early stages. For the moment, there's a way to customize a theme using LauncherPro to make Windows 7 Tiles using Visualizer:

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...phone-7-theme/

Last edited by CGFebTSX04; 12-09-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:14 AM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Haha dang, psx4droid v2 having problems. FF7 stopped working but GT 2 worked but very choppy. I think they still have some work to do because other people are reporting problems of flagship games not working
Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Safety Car

Anyone getting a Notion Ink Adam?

Notion Ink Adam pre-orders open December 9
By Chris Davies on Wed Dec 8th, 2010

It’s been a long time coming, but we’ve heard from a very trusted source that Notion Ink will indeed be throwing open the doors to pre-orders of their Adam tablet tomorrow, Thursday December 9 2010. The company isn’t publicly confirming anything at this stage, but our source says that the binary countdown code which has been the basis for many pre-order rumors will read zero tomorrow, and the six Adam versions will go on sale. Meanwhile, we’re also told an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread is in the works, targeted for release just weeks after Adam’s launch.

From what we’ve seen of the company’s custom Eden UI and multitasking system, it looks like they’ve followed in Samsung’s footsteps and done the legwork in bringing Android up to coping with larger-screen devices; however, it also seems that their work isn’t going to clash with Google’s own attempts at the same. We’re also presuming that Adam will have an NFC sensor, the secret component that Notion Ink hid mention of in their site’s HTML.

For full pricing information on the Notion Ink Adam, check out our full rundown of the Android slate. Pre-ordering will initially be limited to those users that have previously registered and commented on the company’s blog, before opening up to broader availability. The six variants of Adam will consist of combinations of optional Euro/Asia or US 3G (or standard WiFi-only) and a choice of regular LCD or Pixel Qi displays.

Update: Notion Ink has updated its blog with an image of what looks like Adam about to be revealed [Thanks Pj!]
Source: http://www.slashgear.com/notion-ink-...er-9-08118382/

I'm really interested in that PixelQi screen and its starting at a cheap price of $375 for the base model.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Just ordered a replacement Nexus under warranty. Getting the infamous power button failure, figured I should get a replacement before the warranty ends in January.

Kind of a pain having to put the stock image and recovery back on it and then re root and flash everything on the new one. Who am I kidding, I love doing it.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:50 AM

Hey, I know that the Galaxy S all come equip with 512 RAM, but why does mine say 325 in Task Manager > Summary?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Safety Car

Ahh yes, the good old "Where's my RAM?" question. lol. Apparently, Samsung didn't advertise that some of the 512 MB is reserved for other things such as the Radio, Power VR Graphics, video playback and other miscellaneous things. You're probably using a modified kernel with the extra allotted RAM because the factory builds give about 298-309 MB of RAM by default. You'll see that in some HTC devices, they actually ship with 648 MB of RAM chips inside to compensate for such reserves. Either way though, 325 MB is plenty of RAM since Android utilizes RAM differently from other OSes. So in short, it does have a 512 MB RAM chip inside (I should know, I took mine apart. lol.) but a portion of it is reserved for radio, gpu, smooth video playback and other things. The XDA devs have stripped back as much as they could to have a stable OS giving you the 325 MB, or in my case, 341 MB of RAM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Newbie to the Droid OS here. I got a 'X' last month and I'm digging it so far. Its a work phone, so no big stuff planned. Any "must have' apps I should download?

Already have Pandora, all the MS office stuff, scorecenter, and a couple GPS golf apps.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Safety Car

Did you get the new update going around? Android 2.2.1:

http://androidspin.com/2010/12/10/mo...th-ota-update/

It comes with Madden 2011 trial. (I still need to install it on my phone. lol.) Any ways for apps, if you have time, read a few pages back where I recommended some. Otherwise, check out appbrain.com Sync your account to it and it'll help recommend some good apps based on what you already have installed.

Also check out XDA for recommendations:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=530
Old 12-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Safety Car

Nexus S got reviewed by Engadget:

Wrap-up

It seems like every couple of weeks we're saying something along the lines of "x is the best Android smartphone on the market right now." We'd like to tell you differently when it comes to the Nexus S, but the truth is, it really is the best Android device available right now. Sure, we'd prefer it was on Verizon, and yes, there are some issues with the phone and OS that detract from the good bits... but there are also a lot of good bits. We'd been longing for a Galaxy S device that wasn't burdened by Samsung's sometimes-clunky TouchWiz, and in joining forces with Google, the company has more than delivered.

There's no shortage of great phones available right now, and there's no question that 2011 will usher in a flood of devices that make 2010's offerings seem forgettable. Like we said earlier, this isn't a perfect device, and in fact a lot of what's exciting about this phone is what's happening behind the scenes -- as if the stage is set for the arrival of Honeycomb and a slew of features. Still, when it comes to state of the art for Android right now, the buck stops here.
Source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/10/nexus-s-review/

Looking good. I wonder if they'll make one with AT&T 3G bands. lol.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Safety Car

So I started playing with Voodoo again even though a couple of posts ago I said I wouldn't be touching it for a while. lol. It was kinda not my choice as it seems the XDA community is gearing towards that way especially since Google made ext4 their choice of partition in future Android phones. I've reflashed and reformatted my phone a few times now and its not dead yet...Hopefully, my phone doesn't die again. I guess as long as I stay away from Odin I should be good.

Performance wise, Voodoo > all other kernels. Speedmod, which is the one I was using prior, comes pretty close. But Voodoo boot time is fast even with all the apps I have installed. Quadrant score went from 950 (Speedmod with tweaks) to 1450. Real life use, I can see it load Gallery and games a lot quicker and there's no more lag when installing stuff from the market. The color tweak was needed for my i9000M and its definitely noticeable. At stock, my i9000M was oversaturated and whites looked reddish. With Voodoo, white is more white. My i9000T on the other hand, has a perfect display. I guess its a luck of the draw when it comes to how your screen turns out. Either way, Voodoo fixed it.

I think the ROM flashing bug is kicking in again. Flashing one every other day now. As long as my phone doesn't die I'll be good. lol.

Last edited by CGFebTSX04; 12-10-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 PM

How did you phone die before from all the modding?
Old 12-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Safety Car

Internal SD corrupted itself. No one knows exactly why it happened because a lot of the Canadian i9000Ms are corrupting themselves, stock or modded. The people at XDA think its hardware failure but Samsung hasn't admitted to it. They're basically doing a silent recall where they extended the return without questions up to 60 days instead of 30. I had to send my phone in to a member on XDA who turned it in for me since I'm not from Canada. Took about 6 weeks for a turn around. Samsung USA wouldn't warranty any products for use outside of the US which kinda blows. They replaced the PCB as far as the paperworks say but I don't know if it'll corrupt again.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Safety Car

Some more Nexus S vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1N-P...ayer_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og91w...layer_embedded

Source: http://www.tmonews.com/2010/12/the-g...-gets-unboxed/
Old 12-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Safety Car

Hybrid TPU/Plastic Case for Vibrant/i9000

My Hybrid TPU/Plastic cases finally came in! And I only paid $5 for each one. It looks sleek. I was expecting the white version to have a see through back cover like the black one but its plain solid. Not sure if its a mistake on the seller's part because in his description it was supposed to be see through. He might've shipped me a full TPU case instead of the Hybrid one. Oh well, it looks good any way and I don't want to send it back and then wait again.

First the screen saturation difference between i9000M (left) and i9000T (right) before Voodoo. The i9000M looks a lot redder than the i9000T but after Voodoo they look almost the same.

Now here's pictures of the case on (Black = i9000M running LauncherPro, White = i9000T running modified 5-dock TouchWiz)

Search for "Case Cover Galaxy i9000" to find the item and I bought it from Senyx-Direct. Normal price of the case is around $7 plus shipping. (Whatever fits the i9000 will fit the Vibrant perfectly.) No one bid on the ones I bought so I got it for $3 plus $2 shipping on each. Momax makes a similar case with the see through back but it has an ugly Momax logo right underneath and its a lot more expensive.

The case feels good in the hand. Because the black one has the plastic see through on the back, it has a slippery feeling when running your fingers through it. Otherwise, it stays put when you put it on the table. The see through also shows the Galaxy S logo which you can't really see from my pictures. The power button is a little bit harder to press on but luckily the international Galaxy S phones can be waken up using the hardware home key. Finally, the case covers the aluminum brush so it protects everything on the phone and it keeps the slimness of the phone. Loving the case so far. More info about the different styles/colors from XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=772826

Last edited by CGFebTSX04; 12-11-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,463 Likes on 4,981 Posts
Im thinking about picking up the Nexus S. I need to play with it first though. My Slide is driving me insane.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Hey that's weird. The Nexus S doesn't have swype. And I looked in the Market and there's no swype. So how would someone get swype on the Nexus S
Old 12-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,463 Likes on 4,981 Posts
Get the .apk and transfer it to the phone. I just searched the market and I dont see it either, but I have it installed on my Slide.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Safety Car

^Yup. Exactly like he said. Swype isn't in the market because its still in beta. They just released a few more sign ups just the other day for those who signed up for it. But if you google for the apk, you're good to go.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
really a good review of the Nexus S... I am interested to know if it was just their screen or some others that have a few problems...reason being... the unique design and the screen are a big part of why I like the phone!

will follow and report back as I find out more... if anyone gets one...holler her as soon as you have time and can put the thing down!

OMG.. I am so tripping... I forgot to say GINGERBREAD!!!

Last edited by DarkSithCL; 12-11-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:05 PM

Mike, you have a flashing addiction... its all good bro!!!

LOL

Hey mang, thanks for the screen and case reviews! Vodoo makes the screen looks awesome... huh!

I really like the clear back... I still wanna get a clear battery door for my EVO, but I am just too lazy to order one....
Old 12-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Safety Car

Lol. Yeah I've been flashing a lot lately. I've flashed at least 5 ROMs in the past 2 days. I guess I was deprived ever since upgrading from my Ion. It probably helps I have a spare phone as well to mess around with until I give it to the gf.

I've also been messing with the Gingerbread theme as well. Made the toggles darker to match the rest of the theme:

I borrowed it from someone else who made it darker and packaged it into a theme for the ROM I'm currently using. If I wasn't so lazy and actually had time to mess around more I'd be making my own designs but its time consuming enough just to package them. I think I'll stick to this for now...I am eyeing one theme that has it all blue instead of green to match the TouchWiz so I might incorporate that when I have more time and not flashing ROMs all the time. lol.

Voodoo is pretty good. I still don't buy into the fact that its needed for a great experience on the phone. I flashed it mainly because all devs are headed into that direction and I'm just preparing myself once they make all ROMs use Voodoo.

What I'm not understanding is why I have to disable the lag-fix every time I flash a new ROM. It takes 20 minutes to convert ext4 back to RFS and then another 5-10 minutes to reconvert it back from RFS to ext4. It makes it inefficient in terms of flashing and it scares me all the time because there's no progress bar of any kind to tell you what the phone is doing just a robotic voice giving an "estimate" time on how long it'll take. The phone sits there with the boot logo until its done converting.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Safety Car

HTC EVO Shift 4G:

HTC EVO Shift 4G (Knight / Speedy) gets leaked picture, January 9th release date?
By Sean Hollister posted Dec 11th 2010 6:08PM

We'll warn you that we have nothing but the word of an alleged Sprint employee that this is the real deal, but we don't know what else it could be -- if it walks like a duck and quacks like an EVO with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, we're inclined to believe it's the HTC EVO Shift 4G. Factor in the noticeable lack of front-facing camera, silver trackpad and those throwback flat keys, and we're even willing to forgive those hastily penciled watermarks on the keyboard and on top of the clearly 'shopped screen. Even if this shot is legit, we haven't seen the full device yet -- it sure looks like this Knight is wearing a suit of plastic armor around the edges.

In possibly related news, Android Central nabbed an alleged screenshot of a Sprint database showing an "HTC A7373" handset coming to Sprint on January 9th, and while one Russian e-tailer seems to think that codename refers to the GSM-friendly Desire Z, we have to imagine a Knight / Speedy / EVO Shift release is far more likely than a T-Mobile G2 redux on Sprint's CDMA frequencies.

Update: Just to be clear, there are a few things about this image that irk us, not least of which that pasted-on screen. We're inclined to think this might be a dummy unit that was touched up to look like a real phone.
Source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/11/h...cture-january/

Too bad it doesn't have a Front Facing Cam. Still looks like a good phone for those not needing the FFC.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Safety Car

The LG Star:

Source: http://www.engadget.com/lg-star/preview/

Dual-Core, Tegra 2 Watch the videos especially the benchmarks.

It tore through those benchmarks like no other. Remember the Galaxy S phones are frame capped at 56 fps due to the Super AMOLED screens. I wonder how much better the Tegra 2 GPUs are.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Safety Car

The new Android Market its supposed to be making rounds in the next two weeks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWdex...layer_embedded

If you don't want to wait, you can upgrade to it yourself.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=868767

They changed the time to refund to 15 minutes instead of 24 hours now.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Safety Car

Oh I finally got around to installing Madden 11. Other than the screen being made for the Droid phones and missing some parts on the right hand side, it runs really well and smooth.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Race Director

Received 964 Likes on 581 Posts
Originally Posted by CGFebTSX04
Lol. Yeah I've been flashing a lot lately. I've flashed at least 5 ROMs in the past 2 days. I guess I was deprived ever since upgrading from my Ion. It probably helps I have a spare phone as well to mess around with until I give it to the gf.

I've also been messing with the Gingerbread theme as well. Made the toggles darker to match the rest of the theme:

What rom's have you been playing with

I just installed Ultimate and so far seem to like it alot.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:30 PM

I borrowed it from someone else who made it darker and packaged it into a theme for the ROM I'm currently using. If I wasn't so lazy and actually had time to mess around more I'd be making my own designs but its time consuming enough just to package them. I think I'll stick to this for now...I am eyeing one theme that has it all blue instead of green to match the TouchWiz so I might incorporate that when I have more time and not flashing ROMs all the time. lol.

Voodoo is pretty good. I still don't buy into the fact that its needed for a great experience on the phone. I flashed it mainly because all devs are headed into that direction and I'm just preparing myself once they make all ROMs use Voodoo.

What I'm not understanding is why I have to disable the lag-fix every time I flash a new ROM. It takes 20 minutes to convert ext4 back to RFS and then another 5-10 minutes to reconvert it back from RFS to ext4. It makes it inefficient in terms of flashing and it scares me all the time because there's no progress bar of any kind to tell you what the phone is doing just a robotic voice giving an "estimate" time on how long it'll take. The phone sits there with the boot logo until its done converting.
heck man...that is scary!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:33 PM

I like what uv done with the GB theme Mike... the blue sounds cool... I know my EVO screen makes blues look magical... I look at the screen and I think about the old Nokia I had that was soooo sharp back then...WOW
Old 12-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Safety Car

^I started off with stock Eclair JH2. I didn't spend too much time on it. Just booted it to see everything was intact. Rooted it, sim unlocked it and then backed up my IMEI just in case.

After that I went to a modified Froyo JK3 ROM by Doc Rambone. It was working well, played around with some Speedmod kernels with tweaks no lagfix. It was very stable and I didn't run into any problems with the build at all. Battery was excellent but there was a major lack of themes for JK3.

Next, Froyo JP8 came out. I started playing with it because a lot of the themes were being made for JP8 and not for JK3 since its pretty exclusive to Canada. JP8 was pretty stable as well and I've actually flashed back to it since but now using a Voodoo kernel.

In the past 24 hours, Froyo 2.2.1 JPU came out and this is when I started using Voodoo. I first tried Doc Rambone's JPU build but I was getting errors with Goggles and Barcode scanner. Not sure what was causing it. I was also getting some battery drain.

Then I went to Darky's JPU. It was nice but I didn't like his theme. It was pretty fast and almost as fast as Doc Rambone's but I wasn't feeling too comfortable with a Voodoo "stable" JPU kernel. Samsung hasn't released 2.2.1 JPU source yet so Voodoo is sort of a hack at the moment. Hence, the bugs.

So I downgraded back to JP8 now with the stable Voodoo kernel. Its a stable ROM. Only issue I'm having is LauncherPro gets stuck at boot. It never gets stuck again after I kill it though until I reboot again. Now, I'm just flashing themes and customizing a few things here and there until a stable JPU is out. Samsung fixed a lot of things with JPU and some people are getting scores of 1200 without a lagfix. Around 1500-1700 with Voodoo. So I'm just waiting for a stable build to come out.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DarkSithCL
heck man...that is scary!
Yeah it is. lol. I'm sitting there just staring at it and hoping for the best. Luckily, I have a spare phone to keep me from pulling the battery or else I'd have another brick on my hand. lol.

I like what uv done with the GB theme Mike... the blue sounds cool... I know my EVO screen makes blues look magical... I look at the screen and I think about the old Nokia I had that was soooo sharp back then...WOW
The GB theme is nice. It does look really nice with blue. Maybe I'll get around to porting it. Unfortunately, my Android skills aren't as good as the others. I'm doing it the manual old school way with zip files and dragging and dropping. lol.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:36 PM

The LG Star:

Source: http://www.engadget.com/lg-star/preview/

Dual-Core, Tegra 2 Watch the videos especially the benchmarks.

It tore through those benchmarks like no other. Remember the Galaxy S phones are frame capped at 56 fps due to the Super AMOLED screens. I wonder how much better the Tegra 2 GPUs are.
Dual core is a android reality... I remember when these things were just in the wild... I look forward to seeing what happens with this technology... my phone is already faster than my old laptop and thats with all the bloatware!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:36 PM

OK, after much thought and research, I've decided I'm going to cancel my contract and sign up again for the Nexus S. I'm only doing this because of software support from Google. I understand that a phone can have a 5ghz process, 9 gigapixel camera, 999 terabyte hard drive. But all those don't matter one bit without software. The Vibrant is great, but the software support is horrendous. I mean cmon, 2.3 rolling out and Vibrant owners have not even seen an official 2.2 release. Wtf.....

I realize that the Nexus S is pretty much exactly like the Galaxy S. CPU, GPU, memory, etc are the same. There are minor difference that doesn't make me all excited for this device. But the only thing I'm after is the software support.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:41 PM

did the peeps at XDA have a fix for launcher pro sticking at boot yet? if they dont ...they will soon or is that an uncommon problem?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
OK, after much thought and research, I've decided I'm going to cancel my contract and sign up again for the Nexus S. I'm only doing this because of software support from Google. I understand that a phone can have a 5ghz process, 9 gigapixel camera, 999 terabyte hard drive. But all those don't matter one bit without software. The Vibrant is great, but the software support is horrendous. I mean cmon, 2.3 rolling out and Vibrant owners have not even seen an official 2.2 release. Wtf.....

I realize that the Nexus S is pretty much exactly like the Galaxy S. CPU, GPU, memory, etc are the same. There are minor difference that doesn't make me all excited for this device. But the only thing I'm after is the software support.
I would do the same thing if I was using T-Mobile. Heck, I might even consider it if Google really does help Samsung push the firmwares faster even though it doesn't have AT&T 3G bands. Maybe it'll have 1900 3G bands like the Vibrant and get AT&T 3G in some places. Luckily, the XDA community is on top of firmware releases so I'm not complaining. I'm just hoping Samsung didn't change the hardware too much so that porting the ROM isn't that difficult.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:43 PM

having two sweet phones is so cool... the Madden looks slick... I am just not much of a gamer on my phone bc my eyes are getting older LOL
Old 12-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DarkSithCL
did the peeps at XDA have a fix for launcher pro sticking at boot yet? if they dont ...they will soon or is that an uncommon problem?
It seems to only happen with Froyo JP8 so it must be a ROM thing. Its really not that big of a deal because it only happens once at boot. Once you task kill it, it doesn't ever get stuck again so its a one time thing every reboot.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:47 PM

I would do the same thing if I was using T-Mobile. Heck, I might even consider it if Google really does help Samsung push the firmwares faster even though it doesn't have AT&T 3G bands. Maybe it'll have 1900 3G bands like the Vibrant and get AT&T 3G in some places. Luckily, the XDA community is on top of firmware releases so I'm not complaining. I'm just hoping Samsung didn't change the hardware too much so that porting the ROM isn't that difficult.
...supposedly this is a dev - lovin unit, so Samsung will most likely have to hang back on that some to let peeps get to know the Nexus S... if not, they are gonna make a buncha peeps mad...
Old 12-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Safety Car

I hope so. We'll find out soon enough. A dump should be out soon since the phone is about to be released. Then its just a matter of sorting out what can and can't be done. And if Gingerbread sources are based on the phone, then porting Cyanogenmod should be a lot easier. All theoretical at this point. lol.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Joe5.0
Newbie to the Droid OS here. I got a 'X' last month and I'm digging it so far. Its a work phone, so no big stuff planned. Any "must have' apps I should download?

Already have Pandora, all the MS office stuff, scorecenter, and a couple GPS golf apps.
ESPN bowl bound is suiteness

Catlog... helped me record some errors and get a fix over at XDA

XDA ... if youre not a member, join.... they can help you out of jams and they have all manner of forums... the place is huge

vlingo
Old 12-11-2010, 10:58 PM

I hope so. We'll find out soon enough. A dump should be out soon since the phone is about to be released. Then its just a matter of sorting out what can and can't be done. And if Gingerbread sources are based on the phone, then porting Cyanogenmod should be a lot easier. All theoretical at this point. lol.
all we can do is

they cast the die a while back...

That EVO shift is a weird looking thing... If I just had to have a keyboard, I would rock an EPIC.

Quick Reply: Android: Phone News and Discussion Thread