Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**

Old 05-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cant wait till the series goes back to Dallas. The Heat crowd seem to have a very low basketball IQ. They need to understand that fouls can also be called AGAINST your team. Also, I'm not sure if its low lighting conditions in the arena (everything looks kind of sweaty or damp to me for some reason) or the teams unsightly red color but I always get a little nauseated watching Heat home games.

Anyways, hope Dallas wins. Kidd and Nowitzki both deserve titles.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
http://creativeputty.wordpress.com/2...m-outer-space/

i guess its new.

kind of cool, but cmon man, whats with the glossy fad? the mic was reflecting into the camera during parts of the interview
Van Gundy's face.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
Cant wait till the series goes back to Dallas. The Heat crowd seem to have a very low basketball IQ. They need to understand that fouls can also be called AGAINST your team. Also, I'm not sure if its low lighting conditions in the arena (everything looks kind of sweaty or damp to me for some reason) or the teams unsightly red color but I always get a little nauseated watching Heat home games.

just because they are rooting for their team to win doesn't mean they have a low basketball iq. it goes to the same for any home crowd.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Making it Happen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shift_Acura

Why can't you wait until the series goes back to Dallas? I think you're forgetting that as an ALL AROUND player, Lebron is the #1 player in the league and I will still say Wade is in the top 5....then you add in bosh who all you canada fans hate, (he's to soft , he can't play D, all the bullshit) except he's proving you all wrong as well. The talent Miami has is devastating, and the defense is exceptional. Sure Dallas can still win because they do have more players who can score overall, but I wouldn't take any team beating Lebron/Wade/Bosh in a best of 7 series.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Renegade
Why can't you wait until the series goes back to Dallas? I think you're forgetting that as an ALL AROUND player, Lebron is the #1 player in the league and I will still say Wade is in the top 5....then you add in bosh who all you canada fans hate, (he's to soft , he can't play D, all the bullshit) except he's proving you all wrong as well. The talent Miami has is devastating, and the defense is exceptional. Sure Dallas can still win because they do have more players who can score overall, but I wouldn't take any team beating Lebron/Wade/Bosh in a best of 7 series.

I like how you just ran with it....I never once mentioned anything about disliking Bosh or Lebron or even about Miami's talent.

I will root for the Mavs because I don't like the cowardly idea of 3 franchise players :gheyhug:ing in one franchise because they couldn't get it done on their own.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,315 Likes on 968 Posts
EDIT ^Boston, LA :deadhorse:

Anyways ugly game but that's how we win. Our defense as Magic Johnson said was insane. Props to Dallas' defense. Nobody thought they had it. Need game 2 now.

Last edited by Doom878; 06-01-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by clpassenubye
I like Scottie Pippen but he's an idiot because first of all Lebron would have to win at least 6 championships to even be considered better than Jordan. I do know one thing it's impossible to be the " Best player ever" with 0 championships he could be the "Best ever without any championships" and then each level he gets to. In my opinion if he ends up with less than Jordan there is no way to put Lebron in that category because if he is the "Best ever" he would be good enough to win more.
Let me preface my statements by saying I'm not a LeBron ... I appreciate his talent but I think he has a long way to go and is not utilizing his full potential.

I hear this a lot but I feel like I'm the only person that feels like LeBron (or any other dominating player) doesn't HAVE to win 6 rings in order to take MJ's crown as the best player ever. If LeBron won 3, 4, or 5 (3 might not cut it) rings and continued to be a dominating presence as he currently is I feel like he would be right in the discussion. I just don't think that the league lends itself to teams winning multiple championships and that a great player shouldn't be penalized for it. I just think a lot more than rings factor into a players greatness, but feel that so many people argue that "6 rings at least." For example, I love Kobe but I don't think that Kobe would be the best player ever even if he ends up with 7 or 8 rings. He simply, in my eyes, didn't/doesn't dominate the game like MJ did. I think LeBron has a better chance to do this (even though he's not there yet) and if he reaches his potential as a player and wins 4 or 5 rings that he would be in the discussion. I just don't understand this "LeBron HAS to get AT LEAST 6 rings to even be considered" argument.

I also think that NO PLAYER is EVER going to be able to steal the throne from MJ... MJ is idolized as a great player and I don't think that today it would be possible for another player to reach that level. I think there's just too much critizism, public opinion, and media coverage today for another player to be able to reach the level that MJ reached. MJ was loved in almost an uncanny way and while I think that he's the most dominating athlete in sports history it's almost strange the way that he is perceived. I honestly don't think any other player has a chance to steal the throne from him because he's almost "monopolized" the market... does that make sense?

Just trying to get a discussion going... this topic intrigues me.

Last edited by jsonkimz; 06-01-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Team Owner

^Very valid points. Jordan is Jordan because even though he didn't sweep the MVP category every regular season, he was easily the best player in the league every year. The only thing with LeBron was that you could argue that Kobe was the best that year too so nobody was unanimous like Jordan. Then again Jordan didn't have that rival that played the same position or SF that was in his league skillwise. If LeBron can maintain a dominance in the next 5 or 6 years over guys like Durant and Rose, then yeah you can put him in the MJ argument. I think the rings will be yielded if that's the case thus saying he has to win nearly as many as rings.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Only 1 game in... Mavs will find their shots and win in 5.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Making it Happen

Originally Posted by imj0257
Only 1 game in... Mavs will find their shots and win in 5.
It's more than just finding their shots. They need to figure out how to stop Wade/Lebron in the 4th quarter when they take over games..
Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
^ It looked to me like they just gave up on defense in the last few minutes rather than Wade/Lebron 'taking over'
Old 06-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Making it Happen

Originally Posted by imj0257
^ It looked to me like they just gave up on defense in the last few minutes rather than Wade/Lebron 'taking over'
What a coincidence that at the same time the defense broke down, Lebron and Wade were hitting all their shots. Either way Dallas is going to have to rebound better as well. The series will definitely be close, and like I said Dallas has the shooters to win the series, but I think when it comes down to it, Wade/Lebron are too much to overcome.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Advanced

What the freak Mavs, were you guys snorting coke or something when you got off the plane headed to south beach? What kind of pathetic showing was that last night in game 1 of the finals? Yea, just let Lequeen and his 2 stooges walk their way to the ring, that's how you show the world you can sweep the Lakers and then lay an egg in the biggest game of your lives!

Yea we all know how precious this would be and a long time coming for Kidd the Conehead and Dirk Diggler to get their past due ring, so stop screwing around in Miami and win game 1! That's how you set a tone and show that you're there to beat the snot out of those posers in 4 games! No, but you'd rather do things the hard way and get outrebounded by udonis hasbeen
And to that Jim Carrey looking coach of yours, make some freaking adjustments you clueless deer in the headlights!! Obviously the little midget piglet barea is a non factor against el Heat. Might as well pull small t-shirt Cuban roast out of the stands to come and coach the finals Everything is falling apart and the wheels have come off This is retarded
Old 06-01-2011, 09:23 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Renegade
....then you add in bosh who all you canada fans hate, (he's to soft , he can't play D, all the bullshit) except he's proving you all wrong as well.
Couldn't disagree more, he's a nice player but he's done nothing to change my opinion of his game. What you're seeing is the LeBron and Wade effect, nothing more. On most other teams he's affect is negligible, which was proven in his first 7 years in the league. Hard to argue with that.

And I don't hate Bosh, sure it stung but how can you possibly blame the guy for wanting to win/moving to Miami to play with those 2? 9 out of 10 people would have done the same thing. Doesn't mean we have to cheer for him though.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,947 Likes on 14,061 Posts
So, series ends in Game 2.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dom
Couldn't disagree more, he's a nice player but he's done nothing to change my opinion of his game. What you're seeing is the LeBron and Wade effect, nothing more. On most other teams he's affect is negligible, which was proven in his first 7 years in the league. Hard to argue with that.

And I don't hate Bosh, sure it stung but how can you possibly blame the guy for wanting to win/moving to Miami to play with those 2? 9 out of 10 people would have done the same thing. Doesn't mean we have to cheer for him though.
I'd almost say Bosh swappable for Boozer. Swap them and you'd get the same effect for either team they are on right now.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
LBJ is bringing it.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
This series was over before it started. The mavs needed homecourt to have a realistic chance of winning the series.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Team Owner

Wow it's one game guys.

I don't think they gave up. That's disrespecting both teams. Miami's D is proven elite. No need for the whole gave up talk.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Yumcha
I'd almost say Bosh swappable for Boozer. Swap them and you'd get the same effect for either team they are on right now.
Still mad?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Miami is going to be SCARY next year. Their defense is fantastic and they have finally meshed. It's going to be tough for most teams to beat them once they bring in more pieces. Even if Miami has a bad game, Big 3 (errr...big 2) know how to close tight games. ughh... Hope the Bulls don't turn into Utah/Cavs of the 90's.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dom

In all fairness the NBA has shown you need talent to win. Outside of Bosh who has helped him? Bargnani? TJ Ford? When Wade had only Ricky Davis to help with scoring we won 15 and Wade is top 10 player. The teams with one star like Chicago and Dallas have nice talent around them. Toronto was not a talented team. Like I've said guys will get never get true recognition on loaded teams nor do coaches unless they have tons of rings.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Doom878
Still mad?
Nope. I speak the LeTruth.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by synth19
Miami is going to be SCARY next year. Their defense is fantastic and they have finally meshed. It's going to be tough for most teams to beat them once they bring in more pieces. Even if Miami has a bad game, Big 3 (errr...big 2) know how to close tight games. ughh... Hope the Bulls don't turn into Utah/Cavs of the 90's.
They are getting Dwight Howard, aren't they...?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Bulls with Howard? I don't see it happening..... but dare to dream. I can see Bynum + 1 being traded to Orlando for Howard.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Bulls with Howard? I don't see it happening..... but dare to dream. I can see Bynum + 1 being traded to Orlando for Howard.
LOL, it was more a snipe...but, there was some speculation in the Chicago papers about them trying for Howard.

But, any talk of Howard will begin with Noah and Taj to start.

Personally, I think Chicago badly needs another scoring guard.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:12 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
In all fairness the NBA has shown you need talent to win. Outside of Bosh who has helped him? Bargnani? TJ Ford? When Wade had only Ricky Davis to help with scoring we won 15 and Wade is top 10 player. The teams with one star like Chicago and Dallas have nice talent around them. Toronto was not a talented team. Like I've said guys will get never get true recognition on loaded teams nor do coaches unless they have tons of rings.
All very true. But I look at it the way Yumchah did. Where would Miami be without Bosh? instead adding a Boozer or Stoudimire or (insert talented big man here) IMO, exactly where they are now. He has very little impact in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited by dom; 06-01-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts

Especially with the 'finally meshed' part. Been saying this all year, but for some odd reason, saying 'the team will get better' was seen as a criticism as opposed to a positive. Oh well....

Add to that, the CBA and talk of the salary cap coming way down, teams won't be adding big names for years. Collecting talent the way the Celtics, Lakers, and Heat have will not happen after the new CBA. So while I can see the Lakers still contending and possibly the Knicks being interesting I don't see any other teams collecting the talent necessary to beat the Heat.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
LOL, it was more a snipe...but, there was some speculation in the Chicago papers about them trying for Howard.

But, any talk of Howard will begin with Noah and Taj to start.

Personally, I think Chicago badly needs another scoring guard.
Another guard that can create his own shot is definitely what Chicago needs. Deng is a nice piece but he can't take anyone off the dribble consistently... I would say they would be best to move him for an athletic two guard who can handle and shoot well, and work on Boozer for another season. I know Boozer's not a top 10 or 15 player but he's a really solid piece and I think he'll benefit from another season in Chicago under Thibs. Especially after Rose develops a bit more... Deron Williams used to KILL it with Boozer on that pick-and-roll. Once Rose develops that aspect of his game it will help a ton.

Originally Posted by dom
All very true. But I look at it the way Yumchah did. Where would Miami be without Bosh? instead adding a Boozer or Stoudimire or (insert talented big man here) IMO, exactly where they are now. He has very little impact in the grand scheme of things.
In my opinion, Bosh is just a step above Boozer.... maybe not quite Amar'e though. I think with Boozer Miami is a little worse, and with Amar'e they're a smidge better. I'm not going to give up on Bosh yet though... lately he's been showing up a little more. I feel like it's a confidence thing with him... he'll play as well and he thinks he can play. I can't help but wonder if being with James and Wade has hurt him a little bit because he sees how amazing they are and doesn't think he's on the same level. If he thought himself to be a top 5 player I think he could be... but he doesn't believe it and he's not even a top 10...
Old 06-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Team Owner

There's a reason Miami went after Bosh before any of those guys. Something their scouting and management liked to start. I think I trust them more than AZ.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator

There's a reason Miami went after Bosh before any of those guys. Something their scouting and management liked to start. I think I trust them more than AZ.
Uh...the market was essentially Bosh, Boozer, and Amare which, to me, are all interchangeable. You'd be equally "in love" with Boozer or Amare if the LeHeat signed those instead.

And honestly, the LeHeat management nearly had this build blow up in their face. Let's not forget the lesob, lecry episode earlier in the season...if anything, you should credit Da Bulls for bringing your team together.

It's fine...we know your team rocks. And I already said they are better than the first Dream Team. I agree with you.

Last edited by Yumcha; 06-01-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Team Owner

No, the consensus was they weren't interchangable. Age, injury history, and other factors were cited. Even the Bulls tried to get Bosh first. When Amare saw that Miami was getting him, he went to NY. You guys got Boozer by default. Sorry :o

Look Bosh at 3 before Dirk and well above the other 2.
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/06/to...a-free-agents/

Another with Bosh 3rd
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-252642

Another with Bosh above the others
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...nts/index.html

Mind you they had Boozer going to Miami because he lives here and nobody thought they'd get Bosh too. Therefore it was too good to be true that we would get Bosh and settle for Boozer. Face it Yum, you are a Bosh hater.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Safety Car

Bunch of haters, this AZ.

BTW, the Most Dominant Ever is retiring.

Video announcement here: http://www.tout.com/m/9944wo
Old 06-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Senior Moderator

No, the consensus was they weren't interchangable. Age, injury history, and other factors were cited. Even the Bulls tried to get Bosh first. When Amare saw that Miami was getting him, he went to NY. You guys got Boozer by default. Sorry :o

Look Bosh at 3 before Dirk and well above the other 2.
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/06/to...a-free-agents/

Another with Bosh 3rd
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-252642

Another with Bosh above the others
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...nts/index.html

Mind you they had Boozer going to Miami because he lives here and nobody thought they'd get Bosh too. Therefore it was too good to be true that we would get Bosh and settle for Boozer. Face it Yum, you are a Bosh hater.
Keep in mind I'm not touting what played out last summer. IMO, the Big 2 and a Quarter played EVERYONE and always had in mind to sign together in Miami.

What I'm saying is that if that was not the case and Miami ended up with a Boozer or Amare instead, you'd still have the same level of success. Again, I'm sorry I don't love Bosh as much as you do...

But, I'll say this: Having seen him play for awhile because I get a steady diet of the Raptors on TV has shown me that he's not that great. Good player. Not great. Great would be LeBron and LeWade.

Good is Bosh.

Suck is Rose.

Get the tiering of players...? Okay. Good.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Team Owner

Well Bosh is big thus Big 3. 25 and 10 is pretty great compared to the other two and he'll never get those numbers again. I don't know what else you guys want. How was he more desirable than Dirk in some opinions? The 3 FA's are not as interchangable IMO and we'll leave it at that. OH and to clarify I never said he was as good as Wade or James. But you can't infer that Boozer is right under that tier with that logic. And no I don't "love" Bosh, had we gotten Amare, I'd still recognize that Bosh was a better player. I wouldn't mind the result being the same including nearly sweeping the lowly Bulls.

And what's the line spacing? Wasting bandwith sir. Dead horse, successfully turned into glue.

Last edited by Doom878; 06-01-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Bunch of haters, this AZ.

BTW, the Most Dominant Ever is retiring.

Video announcement here: http://www.tout.com/m/9944wo
Good I'm glad we retired Snaq. He was done a whiles back.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Well Bosh is big thus Big 3. 25 and 10 is pretty great compared to the other two and he'll never get those numbers again. I don't know what else you guys want. How was he more desirable than Dirk in some opinions? The 3 FA's are not as interchangable IMO and we'll leave it at that. OH and to clarify I never said he was as good as Wade or James. But you can't infer that Boozer is right under that tier with that logic. And no I don't "love" Bosh, had we gotten Amare, I'd still recognize that Bosh was a better player. I wouldn't mind the result being the same including nearly sweeping the lowly Bulls.

And what's the line spacing? Wasting bandwith sir. Dead horse, successfully turned into glue.
I dunno...I think Boozer is as "good" as Bosh. Sure, the latter is less injury prone and wears that annoying black mouthguard.

Anyhow...agree to disagree.

We agree the LeHeat in 2 at least, right...? One more game and the Title is yours! Woo!!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
damn "Heat fans" are turning into Laker fans

Old 06-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Team Owner

I don't mind being a Laker fan in the sense they won 5 rings in the last decade. Go Lake Show East!!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Flipster23
damn "Heat fans" are turning into Laker fans

Flipster, you just gotta have someone to hate, huh?

Quick Reply: NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**