Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

08 NBA Playoff Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the_Osk
Kobe has no one? WOW. wow.

Pau Gasol is better than ANY center than MJ or Pipper EVER played with.

Lamar Odom, the #4 pick, might be the MOST talented sf in the league.

Honestly, Kobe has had tons of talent before.. but he doesn't trust them, doesn't share the ball, impedes the flow of the game.... How did Caron Butler do with Kobe? What about without him? Glen Rice? Rodman? Payton (did better the year after, so it wasn't just age).

face it... Kobe might be the most skilled player in the NBA, but he's not the best... maybe not even top-5. his mental game is SO WEAK, it stops him from being the best... .

it's his 12th season in the league, and he STILL tries to throw up fade-away prayers with 3 people guarding him, instead of easily finding the open man. WEAK.

It's too bad Wade has had injuries, as I think he was well on his way to having a better career than weak ass Kobe.
you actually did not put Kobe in the top 5 you had him maybe not even being in the top 5...

I do not disagree that Lebron and CP3 are tremendous talent. They are in the top 5 for sure...

Kobe has the total package...if it was a game winning situation who would you rather have shoot the ball? Lebron? who's been known to pass it off to his team mates that can't shoot and lebron needs to work on his shot? CP3? who isn'tthe best shooter himself....NO you would put it in Kobe's hand.

So we agree to disagree but the majority of the population in the world out there would agree with me that Kobe is the best player right now and I state again I am not the biggest kobe fan BUT I am a basketball fan....I don't hate on any player simply cause he's being put on a throne...they are elevated to that status for a reason...
Old 06-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by UNeeKLiNG
Funny, the celts in game 2 plus 3 refs barely escaped at home as well....
lol
Old 06-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by the_Osk
Kobe is good, but when you guys say he's "clearly" the "best" in the league.. that makes him overrated. He's not clearly the best. Might be. Possibly. But I could make a damn good argument for Lebron or CP3.
Where I agreed that Kobe is the best in the league is that he's the best individual player in the league. If I was playing a 2 on 2 tournament and I had 1 pick, I would pick Kobe.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Banned

Lolll at celtics fans blaming it on refs... Umm It was a Fair game at best for the lakers (lakers still didn't get as much love as celtics did).. Lakers has like 10 more free throws than celtics... BIg whoop celtics had 28 more in game 2 and we still almost one..

Pierce and KG had off games? Odom and Pau had their worse games..

Fisher sucked offensivly and it was a Tandem of Kobe and Sasha that owned Celtics.

Lakers win the next 2 book it.

umm CP3 has Peja, Tyson, David west (all star), bonzi wells and a couple of others..

Lakers were number one in the west with a 20 year old bynum kobe and odom...

once bynum went down it was hard to stay up...

Lol at saying lebrons better..

Different positions thats why he has more rebounds assist wise Kobe has more of a killer instinct and usually the teammate needs to make a shot so you can get an assist..

Points wise yes he was Cavs # 1 2 4 - 17th option..

Obviously he is gonna have the lions share of points..

Why not bring up kobes 35 ppg season with 5 assist 5 rebounds..

Why isn't he mvp back then? he took a team full of fuck ups like smush (starting point guard) Kwame ( starting Center) Bench sash (undeveloped choker) Bynum (didn't know how to play well yet horrible basically) THe SF for the lakers was fucking luke.. Luke isn't a starter anymore

So lakers had 2 out of 5 starters that havn't made it to the playoffs since leaving lakers and barely got on a team (kwame got lucky he got traded) Smush (barely got a contract)

and one of the 5 starters is off the bench now.. Took suns to game 7..

Last edited by kosstick; 06-12-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] NBA Rulebook
Quote:

3. Screening
When a player screens in front of or at the side of a stationary opponent, he may be as close as he desires providing he does not make contact. His opponent can see him and, therefore, is expected to detour around the screen.

If he screens behind a stationary opponent, the opponent must be able to take a normal step backward without contact. Because the opponent is not expected to see a screener behind him, the player screened is given latitude of movement. The defender must be given an opportunity to change direction and avoid contact with the screener.

To screen a moving opponent, the player must stop soon enough to permit his opponent to stop or change direction. The distance between the player screening and his opponent will depend upon the speed at which the players are moving.

If two opponents are moving in the same direction and path, the player who is behind is responsible for contact. The player in front may stop or slow his pace, but he may not move backward or sidewards into his opponent. The player in front may or may not have the ball. This situation assumes the two players have been moving in identically the same direction and path before contact.

The phrase that the screener cannot make contact is crucial. The Screener can be as close as he wants from the front or the side BUT CANNOT INITIATE CONTACT.

now, watch this video where Garnett sets SEVERAL ILLEGAL Screens before finally being called... don't track the ball, but watch KG, the dude is going buck wild out there on the 3 point line like a crazed offensive lineman lunging at any blitzers who comes near him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XoZ6R-rM-Y

To count Garnett's illegal screens:
1. 0:07 - KG Sets screen on Vujacic. First of all, he establishes position while resting full on Sasha, the screener cannot initiate contact as KG does. Secondly, KG both takes a step out to his left and extends his let elbow out to give Sasha an extra shove after the screen is set. A Screener must be stationary. Grats 3 Violations in one screen.

2. 0:14 - KG Screens Fish off the House curl. KG never establishes position and keeps moving to his left and back while screening Fish. Violation 4.

3. 0:20 - KG screens Sasha. Good lord he decked Sasha. That's a great screen I gotta hand it to him on this one. He stayed still, Sasha initiated contact and paid the price. No violation here in my opinion.

4. 0:25 - KG screens Sasha again. Very illegal. Again, KG initiates the contact and extends with his arms to keep Sasha back. Violation 5.

5. 0:27 - KG screens Fish. Ok now KG is just into full NFL attach mode, finding any moving Laker he can and just nailing them. Again, he initiates contact and hits Fisher with his left hip. Violation 6. Finally the whistle is blown.

I thought #6 was the lighest of all the violations, but ironically this is the one he finally gets called on...

KG has been doing this for 3 games straight now, we finally got a call late in Game 3 about it, and now media pundits are saying it was a make up call for Game 2. AAAAAARGH!! mad1jd
Off Laker Forum this is for KGs BULLSHIT ILLEGAL PICKS FUCKING LOOKS LIKE A LINE MAN
Old 06-12-2008, 12:05 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
[QUOTE=kosstick][QUOTE]

5. 0:27 - KG screens Fish. Ok now KG is just into full NFL attach mode, finding any moving Laker he can and just nailing them. Again, he initiates contact and hits Fisher with his left hip. Violation 6. Finally the whistle is blown.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bent09

Isn't that video fucking ridiculous?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=kosstick]

Off Laker Forum this is for KGs BULLSHIT ILLEGAL PICKS FUCKING LOOKS LIKE A LINE MAN
I haven't complained about the officiating so I can say this - but what's your point? Are you mad at KG or the refs? Man, players will do what they can and push the limit until they get caught doing something - ALL players. Officiating aside, I bet if you analyzed any game tape without homer glasses you'd see players from both sides getting away with a lot of illegal shit. If the refs don't call it or miss it, that's on them. I wouldn't hate on KG for doing something that's not getting whistled.

Generally the officiating is going to even out, the longer the series goes - unless their also on the crooked this time around.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

Well at home Bostons owned us in FT difference at our home... Its even... Soo take it for what its worth..

Oh for sure Kobe throws elbows and shit but so does ray i dont mind that..

But the illegal screens are ridiculous and it leads to big points (ray allens curls around a screen drills a 3..) Kg screens are bs and refs are fucking retarded..
Old 06-12-2008, 01:05 PM
on to the next one...

Originally Posted by kosstick
Lolll at celtics fans blaming it on refs...

...and refs are fucking retarded..
Hypocrite much?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bgsm1th
Hypocrite much?

How is that being a hypocrit? Refs were Fair at best for the lakers at home.. But for Boston they were on their nut sack.. Lakers just shot 10 more ft's then the celtics last game..

game 2 lakers were out shot by 28.... Go figure... On one play KG had a billion bullshit screens they called the last one..

Yes they are retarded. It is not the same ref each game but the majority are and your arguement is weak.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:52 PM
on to the next one...

How is that being a hypocrit? Refs were Fair at best for the lakers at home.. But for Boston they were on their nut sack.. Lakers just shot 10 more ft's then the celtics last game..

game 2 lakers were out shot by 28.... Go figure... On one play KG had a billion bullshit screens they called the last one..

Yes they are retarded. It is not the same ref each game but the majority are and your arguement is weak.

Fine, you're not a hypocrite, you're just utterly incapable of being an objective observer. That better?

...and talk about a weak-ass argument, the Celtics took it to the basket in game two, the Lakers DID NOT, hence the lop-sided foul calls. Hell, Kobe himself blamed him and his team for not driving more without mentioning the foul count.

You can't rely on stats alone to make your case. Sometimes, you have to use a little subjectivity...but you wouldn't know anything about that...
Old 06-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Banned

Fine, you're not a hypocrite, you're just utterly incapable of being an objective observer. That better?

...and talk about a weak-ass argument, the Celtics took it to the basket in game two, the Lakers DID NOT, hence the lop-sided foul calls. Hell, Kobe himself blamed him and his team for not driving more without mentioning the foul count.

You can't rely on stats alone to make your case. Sometimes, you have to use a little subjectivity...but you wouldn't know anything about that...

Stop listening to what broadcasters say

Celtics has 22 interior points in game two lakers had 42 or i think 44 Interior points. Lol kobe was being sarcastic during his post game interview..

So how do the celtics have 20 less interior points than the lakers but still have 28 more Ft's

Answer that one please.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Im No Superman

<div><object width="420" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5ln1s" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5ln1s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="339" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b></i></div></b>

Wheres old Red when we need him?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:35 PM
on to the next one...

Stop listening to what broadcasters say

Celtics has 22 interior points in game two lakers had 42 or i think 44 Interior points. Lol kobe was being sarcastic during his post game interview..
Kobe was NOT being sarcastic. He was sincerely upset with himself for not taking to the hoop.

So how do the celtics have 20 less interior points than the lakers but still have 28 more Ft's

Answer that one please.
Pulling up for uncontested 8ft. jumpers every time down the floor is not the same as driving to the basket and drawing the foul. Plus, it's hard to score more than 20 pts inside the arc when your getting hacked on every shot.

My point is, do you really want the refs to start calling non-existent fouls just to even it out? God, I hope not...

You haven't mentioned once that you thought a foul should have been called on the Celt's when it wasn't (aside from KG's screens, which is a whole other story), you just seem to be upset at the lop-sidedness of it. If that's the case, then perhaps the Lake-show just needs to brush up a bit on their D.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:36 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so...

tonight's game 4, yeah?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:46 PM
on to the next one...

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
so...

tonight's game 4, yeah?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned

Kobe was NOT being sarcastic. He was sincerely upset with himself for not taking to the hoop.

Pulling up for uncontested 8ft. jumpers every time down the floor is not the same as driving to the basket and drawing the foul. Plus, it's hard to score more than 20 pts inside the arc when your getting hacked on every shot.

My point is, do you really want the refs to start calling non-existent fouls just to even it out? God, I hope not...

You haven't mentioned once that you thought a foul should have been called on the Celt's when it wasn't (aside from KG's screens, which is a whole other story), you just seem to be upset at the lop-sidedness of it. If that's the case, then perhaps the Lake-show just needs to brush up a bit on their D.
While I think of some fouls.. here is what comes to mind Gasol dunk on KG with kg molesting gasol left. Fishers block on Pierce where Fisher hit the ball and the ball hit pierces face and pierce got 2 shots.. A bunch of others but i can't use youtube to rewatch and tell you.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Banned

Lakers take game 4 book it.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Race Director

It will be a Celtics Overtime win. Pierce will bounce back
Old 06-12-2008, 04:53 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Guess we'll find out tonight.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:21 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
anyone else having problems with their direct tv? Mine is all jittery when the go to the basket.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:21 PM

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,987 Posts
Old 06-12-2008, 10:50 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Ouch. That one will sting for a couple days.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:52 PM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Hell Yes
Old 06-12-2008, 10:56 PM
I can't find my garage

1-3
Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
lakers!

what a come back by Boston.

Jp's 3pointer was huge!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:00 PM
I can't find my garage

what is up with this series' 20 point comebacks?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Don't drive so slow.

Lakers take game 4 book it.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I can't find my garage

x2
Old 06-12-2008, 11:47 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,917 Likes on 2,617 Posts
FUUUUCK!!!

Work went late tonight, and last time I checked the score it was 58/40 at the half...Damnit I wish I could have seen this fucking game...

Wow Boston, wow. go!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:04 AM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Kobe's press conference was awesome.

"I'll have a couple beers, some wine and some shots. Like 20 of them."

"We really wet the bed. BAD. Not one where you can just put a towel over it"

Old 06-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,796 Likes on 13,980 Posts
Cool. When the Lakers do lose the series...Can the fawking press finally end the MJ/KB comparisons...?

If KB was honestly that great (and hey, he finally has a supporting cast, right?)...he would've been winning this. Good player, yes. Overrated? Yes. Michael Jordan? Hell no.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow @ boston.

wow.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,796 Likes on 13,980 Posts
wow @ Kobowned.

wow.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:37 AM