Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

08 NBA Playoff Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:19 AM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by the_Osk
PP > Kobe

paul pierce didn't ask to be carried out.

knee injuries are serious. on the other hand, all I hear about is how awesome kobe is for playing with a messed up PINKY. talk about bitch...

PP is a bitch and that is all.

I did not mean skill wise KG, Allen, Powe > Kobe I ment who I route for.

I do not have an NBA team but have respect and like certain players so I like to see them do well. My respect and like for KG Allen and Powe out weigh my respect and like for Kobe. If Boston were to restart the season without Allen and KG but they signed Kobe they would still be in the championship.

I just hate Boston fans, they don't know how to win or lose.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 AM
on to the next one...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
Rofl its such a serious knee injury that he refused to get a MRI.. But they know exactly what type of sprain it is... (apparently) he looks pretty good to me what a fucking bullshit. The fact that kobe does have a really fucked up pinky (video of him bending the shit outta it) all the tendons are ripped in there..

PP shows no sign of injury must be the boston water..

ALonza Mourning refused to be put on a stretcher PP is a fucking Bitch.
Originally Posted by brianlin87
MVP > PP. [/end]
That's right, stay on your knees for Kobe.
He can have the fucking MVP award, Boston will settle of the title.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by bent09

I do not have an NBA team but have respect and like certain players so I like to see them do well. My respect and like for KG Allen and Powe out weigh my respect and like for Kobe.

its so funny how there was absolutely ZERO fans of Boston last year, and now u fucking idiots talk about Powe like hes gods gift to basketball.. seriously stfu.. give KG and PP credit, not Powe for having 1 good game..
Old 06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
horny =

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
its so funny how there was absolutely ZERO fans of Boston last year, and now u fucking idiots talk about Powe like hes gods gift to basketball.. seriously stfu.. give KG and PP credit, not Powe for having 1 good game..
You would think that you were from Boston. At no time did I say that Powe was an allstar or even any good. I said I respect him.

I did not even say I was a Boston fan?

Learn to read what you quote before getting all pissy. That my friend is being a fucking idiot.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:01 PM
on to the next one...

You would think that you were from Boston. At no time did I say that Powe was an allstar or even any good. I said I respect him.

Learn to read what you quote before getting all pissy. That my friend is being a fucking idiot.

No, that's being a Laker-fan realizing their team is against the ropes...
Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Race Director

i predict a laker victory tonight
Old 06-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

im a HUGE laker fan, but im as fair as they get. i support KG for his amazing defensive abilities.. BUt for Powe's name to be put in the same breath as KG, KB or PP is dumb..

the pissyness = frustration.. my apologies..
Old 06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Who cares which one of us here respects who. Fact is, Kobe needs to play better, KG is nothing but a 7 foot jump shooter, and Powe played great. Pierce has been the closer the Celtics needed all season. I would say he played awesome if I were a Boston fan/Laker Hater. But opinions on respect are moot at this point. The Celts respect Kobe, since their D is structured to stop him. The Lakers need to respect the Celtics bench. That's really what counts here.

Lakers need to win tonight. These Lakers have been pretty resilient when their focus is sharp. After starting away for the first time in the playoffs, i'm sure they were taken aback. Part of that is being a young team, part of that is a decided home court advantage for the Celts (a racous home crowd really empowered them).

I said Lakers in 6 before I saw them play, and obviously that would be difficult at this point. Still, I think it's entirely feasible this gets to 2-2. Game 5 and 6 could go either way, and I think they might split those 2, setting up a game 7.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ 7 games? David Stern loves you.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by jlukja
i dont care if its 6 or 7 as long as i get to attend the lakers victory parade..
Old 06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jlukja
I can only hope.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Racer

LOL at MVP > PP.

I guess Nash > Kobe.

the fact is, Kobe has never LEAD his team to a championship. he has ZERO finals MVPS.

Wade has one. Parker has one. Soon, PIERCE will have one.

kobe? ehhhh... overrated. he's more Scottie Pippen than MJ.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:35 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL at MVP > PP.

I guess Nash > Kobe.

the fact is, Kobe has never LEAD his team to a championship. he has ZERO finals MVPS.

Wade has one. Parker has one. Soon, PIERCE will have one.

kobe? ehhhh... overrated. he's more Scottie Pippen than MJ.
c'mon now.

PP has never LED his team to a championship either.

skills-wise, we can debate each facet of their games, and kobe is ultimately a better player.

i'm a big pippen fan. i actually liked pippen more than MJ.

but kobe's led his team to a finals. scottie fell short.

your logic is

if you want to have an educated basketball discussion, let us know.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:37 PM
horny =

im a HUGE laker fan, but im as fair as they get. i support KG for his amazing defensive abilities.. BUt for Powe's name to be put in the same breath as KG, KB or PP is dumb..

the pissyness = frustration.. my apologies..
I guess it was just the story of his mom dying blah, blah, blah, good people as far as I can tell.

:rolf: at the Pippen comment. Kobe has basically NO ONE with him and you don't consider him a leader.... for that team to even make the playoffs shows he is a leader.

Now McGrady that is Pippenesk or a broke down version of Kobe.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

SOoo tonight.. i hope the refs arent calling everything and making the game last 4 hours to make up for game 2's bullshit..
Old 06-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Racer

SOoo tonight.. i hope the refs arent calling everything and making the game last 4 hours to make up for game 2's bullshit..
... unless it's Kobe going to the charity stripe 38 times.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by kona
... unless it's Kobe going to the charity stripe 38 times.
lol watch it happen
Old 06-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
c'mon now.

PP has never LED his team to a championship either.

skills-wise, we can debate each facet of their games, and kobe is ultimately a better player.

i'm a big pippen fan. i actually liked pippen more than MJ.

but kobe's led his team to a finals. scottie fell short.

your logic is

if you want to have an educated basketball discussion, let us know.
This is the first year that either PP or Kobe has LED their teams to the championship. Thus far, they've been the MVP of their teams in the playoffs. TRUE or FALSE?

I'm not saying PP is better than Kobe (although I like his leadership better),

but Kobe is wayyyyyyyyyy overrated. Parker has led his team to the championship. So has Wade. Lebron has led his team to the Finals.

It just irks me how overrated Kobe is. He didn't even deserve the MVP this year, clearly Chris Paul did.

Kobe may be more skilled than Pippen, but he hasn't had a better career YET. Pippen was the 2nd best player on 6 championship team. Kobe was the 2nd best player on 3 championship teams. None of them have Finals MVPs.

throw in the probability that the lakers 2002 "championship" was fixed, and Kobe goes even lower in my book. don't forget that series versus Portland, that seemed extremely fishy as well. when it's all said and done, Kobe might have been the 2nd best player on ONE legit championship team. color me unimpressed.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Racer

I guess it was just the story of his mom dying blah, blah, blah, good people as far as I can tell.

:rolf: at the Pippen comment. Kobe has basically NO ONE with him and you don't consider him a leader.... for that team to even make the playoffs shows he is a leader.

Now McGrady that is Pippenesk or a broke down version of Kobe.

Kobe has no one? WOW. wow.

Pau Gasol is better than ANY center than MJ or Pipper EVER played with.

Lamar Odom, the #4 pick, might be the MOST talented sf in the league.

Honestly, Kobe has had tons of talent before.. but he doesn't trust them, doesn't share the ball, impedes the flow of the game.... How did Caron Butler do with Kobe? What about without him? Glen Rice? Rodman? Payton (did better the year after, so it wasn't just age).

face it... Kobe might be the most skilled player in the NBA, but he's not the best... maybe not even top-5. his mental game is SO WEAK, it stops him from being the best... .

it's his 12th season in the league, and he STILL tries to throw up fade-away prayers with 3 people guarding him, instead of easily finding the open man. WEAK.

It's too bad Wade has had injuries, as I think he was well on his way to having a better career than weak ass Kobe.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
It was like Kobe vs Celtics, tonight.

and he won.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Pierce and Garnett both had off nights tonight, don't expect that to happen on Thursday...
Old 06-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Good game tonight.

If I was Doc I wouldn't be happy about House taking that shot with decent time left on the clock. He should have kicked it back out.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:20 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,917 Likes on 2,617 Posts
Boston could have won, they blew that window though.

Great game otherwise, keeps you psyched.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:28 AM
seizure force field!

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
All I know is that I have 100 bucks riding on the series.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Geez, if the Lakers only hit their free throws.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:33 AM

I know some of yall say it was a good game but I thought it was a sloppy game by both teams...
Old 06-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
subpar games from KG, PP, Odom, and Gasol. Kobe really had to carry his team, and is really lucky vujacic stepped up or else the lakers would be down 3-0

and dude, what's up with the kobe bashing. stop whining.
I'll admit he really hasn't accomplished too much as a solo player, but I think he's really playing differently this year. Not just sharing the ball so much, but you can tell he's actually enjoying playing again, which you haven't really seen in past years.

I don't think his career is defined yet, so any MJ comparisons are really premature.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 AM
A.K.A Comptechtype-S!!

That game really pissed me off last night.

WTF was Doc Rivers thinking!!?? The Celtics go on a 15-3 run with PP on the bench and Rondo out because of his ancle. With House in the game Kobe had to actually play some D against him and Ray Ray was hot. The C's take the lead and he brings PP back in the game and make him the 1st option.. Forgetting Ray Ray was hot and the only reason they were in the game. The final 4 minutes or so Ray didnt get to touch the ball because PP was trying to be the hero.. He had sucked a$$ the whole game and should have been used as a diversion at the most (i woulda left him on the bench). Dork Rivers showed his inexperience last night big time. I still think the C's will win it in 6.

Last edited by JDBoogie; 06-11-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
horny =

Originally Posted by JS + TL
It was like Kobe vs Celtics, tonight.

and he won.

Imagine if he was a top 5 player in the league and had a strong mental game. Boston would have been blown out.

See post above from the_Osk
Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
I didn't get to see posey block a shot that was suppose to be a free throw from vujacic. What was that about? you got a video link to that?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Luke Walton sucks balls, but he had a nice block on PP..

and Big ups to Vujacic and House for nailing those shots.. good stuff
Old 06-11-2008, 11:45 AM

Imagine if he was a top 5 player in the league and had a strong mental game. Boston would have been blown out.

Rocket fan here.

I'm not the biggest kobe fan but he is CLEARLY the BEST player in the game right now...He's improved his leadership by leaps and bounds this year (and I'll give half the credit to Jordan, Kobe stated in one after game interview that Jordan really influenced how he view his team and to be a better leader)

and to touch upon what someone said, T-mac doesn't have the killer instinct that Kobe does and to be honest, if T-mac did...he would most def be one of the best in the game right now if not the best...so that tells you a lot about kobe and his mental game...

stop hatin the_osk...
Old 06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by UNeeKLiNG
I know some of yall say it was a good game but I thought it was a sloppy game by both teams...
co-sign.

and the_osk funny post, it's like reading Tommy Heinson's commentary on paper. great job.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

I heard that refs officiate differently to make series last longer... i woulda never guessed!!! (in a sarcastic tone)
Old 06-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by UNeeKLiNG
Rocket fan here.

I'm not the biggest kobe fan but he is CLEARLY the BEST player in the game right now...He's improved his leadership by leaps and bounds this year (and I'll give half the credit to Jordan, Kobe stated in one after game interview that Jordan really influenced how he view his team and to be a better leader)

and to touch upon what someone said, T-mac doesn't have the killer instinct that Kobe does and to be honest, if T-mac did...he would most def be one of the best in the game right now if not the best...so that tells you a lot about kobe and his mental game...

stop hatin the_osk...
I agree
Old 06-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Racer

Nice spin.

It was more like Kobe and the refs versus Ray Ray. Kobe plus the refs barely escaped, at home, at the brink of virtual elimination. Lucky for Kobe, Vujacic played ridiculously well. Color me (still) unimpressed.

but go ahead and keep on polishing off kobe. if he blows this series (like he did against the suns last year), he'll STILL have ZERO finals MVPs.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Racer

How is saying that kobe is a top-5 player considered "hating"?

Lebron has less support, and had more POINTS, a better fg% (more efficient), more assists, and plays almost as good defense. With a worse team, he still beat the LA Kobe's this year.

Do I even have to mention Chris Paul? He should have been MVP, easily, imho. He did more with less. Does anyone remember how terrible Tyson Chandler was before CP3? Before the Gasol trade, the Hornets were in 1st place in the West.

those 2, imo, are clearly above Kobe this year. Pierce, Garnett, and a few others would also be in the conversation at the very least.

Kobe is good, but when you guys say he's "clearly" the "best" in the league.. that makes him overrated. He's not clearly the best. Might be. Possibly. But I could make a damn good argument for Lebron or CP3.

Last edited by the_Osk; 06-11-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
All I have to say is I hate how everyone start putting the Lakers flags on their cars starting in May.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:56 PM

Nice spin.

It was more like Kobe and the refs versus Ray Ray. Kobe plus the refs barely escaped, at home, at the brink of virtual elimination. Lucky for Kobe, Vujacic played ridiculously well. Color me (still) unimpressed.

but go ahead and keep on polishing off kobe. if he blows this series (like he did against the suns last year), he'll STILL have ZERO finals MVPs.
Funny, the celts in game 2 plus 3 refs barely escaped at home as well....
Old 06-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Safety Car

A win is a win. Both teams have areas where they can improve upon their play. Celtics can argue that 2 of the big 3 didn't have a good night and they still only lost by 6, and Lakers can argue that they didn't have a good night either, and still only won by 6. Its the sign of 2 confident and very versatile teams that feel they have an answer for a loss or can win a close game and can execute a game plan in the next game.

on what the_Osk has to say: People aren't going to like Kobe. I don't understand the point of the discussion when it gets down to a like or dislike of players, but maybe its because I'm more interested in x's and o's to consider the comparisons between past and present stars, off-court issues, or whether teammates are friends or not. It is what it is, but its superfluous to what I like about basketball. I guess controversy sells tickets and gets you to watch, even though you don't believe in the product.

Quick Reply: 08 NBA Playoff Thread