Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by nate_0022
Welcome to the club man. Hope you enjoy your stay. What are your plans for your car so far?
Thanks . I got a nice "to do list" . So Far I'm only able to pick up the Viper 5901 alarm along with getting it installed some-time this week, and maybe getting the windows tinted also. Other than that, Hankook W409 Winter tires goes on the stockers this Wednesday & maybe by Spring time. I should have the a-spec add on kit along with new wheels + coilovers.

Originally Posted by WDP_ROCKETS
Welcome to AZ.... nice wheels on the old accord.
Thanks . Those rims are actually up for grabs aka for-sale.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy crap - I missed a lot of posts recently! Can I come to the meet in my truck?

I'm a sucker for technology.... getting my 50VT25 delivered on Tuesday. 3D party at my house.

All of this home theater stuff is killing me. I haven't gone for more than 2 weeks without dropping at least 500 bucks on something. All I need now is a new receiver (waiting for tax returns for that one) and a rack. Then I should be set until the world ends in 2012.

If any of you wanted to shed some weight before the world ends, I can give you my paypal address.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:43 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SSM4DR
Thanks . I got a nice "to do list" . So Far I'm only able to pick up the Viper 5901 alarm along with getting it installed some-time this week, and maybe getting the windows tinted also. Other than that, Hankook W409 Winter tires goes on the stockers this Wednesday & maybe by Spring time. I should have the a-spec add on kit along with new wheels + coilovers.

Welcome. I saw your car at Motorwerks a few weeks ago when I was there.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!

I bought the Viper 5902 and Viper SmartStart Module with SmartStart Secure 3-Year Service Plan for my Jeep; I have been happy with this set-up. I am even considering swapping out my Acura's current security and remote start system with this Viper set-up.
Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Holy crap - I missed a lot of posts recently! Can I come to the meet in my truck?

I'm a sucker for technology.... getting my 50VT25 delivered on Tuesday. 3D party at my house.

All of this home theater stuff is killing me. I haven't gone for more than 2 weeks without dropping at least 500 bucks on something. All I need now is a new receiver (waiting for tax returns for that one) and a rack. Then I should be set until the world ends in 2012.

If any of you wanted to shed some weight before the world ends, I can give you my paypal address.
I was going to purchase the TC-P65VT25, but am now going to wait until I can get my hands on the new model coming out for the second wave of 3D I am also considering the Th-65pf20u [http://tiny.cc/pjemg]. Grant it is not 3D, but it is industry grade!

I know how you feel about the home theater stuff... It's my job to stay current with this madness and play with all this stuff on a daily basis. I am always fighting back temptation
Old 01-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Intermediate

I need your opinion on a few things guys. During this winter i skid into a 4 foot snowbank and it cracked my front bumper. I'm getting it replaced and painted. So i'm replacing both my front bumper and front aspec lip. Since you guys are from minnesota, do you have any where that you would recommend to get the front bumper painted and the two parts installed. I was thinking about getting fog lights installed (03-05 accord sedan fogs) with hid kit. Also Kaixen hid d2s bulbs. Lastly, how do i replace the fog lamps on the headlights? Is it just plug and play? 9006 or 9005 bulbs? Much help would be very appreciated.

2004 Acura tl Auto w/navi Black/black
Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Carmodifier
I was going to purchase the TC-P65VT25, but am now going to wait until I can get my hands on the new model coming out for the second wave of 3D I am also considering the Th-65pf20u [http://tiny.cc/pjemg]. Grant it is not 3D, but it is industry grade!

I know how you feel about the home theater stuff... It's my job to stay current with this madness and play with all this stuff on a daily basis. I am always fighting back temptation
I'd go for the VT series if I were you. Not that the 3D really matters (I just figured if you're gonna buy new, might as well buy current). The other one looks pretty sweet, but it appears to be more of an industrial use? I didn't check the specs a whole lot, but it appears that it's lacking the consumer features such as apps and what not.

I forget - don't you work for BB or something? Hook a fellow up with an SC-37 will ya? I don't want to spend $2200 on it, but I'm hesitant to buy it online since Pioneer Elite doesnt honor their warranty from anyone but brick and mortar stores.

Still, almost wondering about picking it up online for $1400, and just getting a squaretrade warranty.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Intermediate

anyone know any good detailers around? I need a good exterior buff.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
This is the guy I've been wanting to go to but hard for me to find a weekend to go down and get it done.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Raskys...g/169239516065
Old 01-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Intermediate

Thanks, i'll email him. Probably wait till all this snow go away. 3-4 more months
Old 01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by WannabeG
Welcome. I saw your car at Motorwerks a few weeks ago when I was there.
Thanks .

Welcome!

I bought the Viper 5902 and Viper SmartStart Module with SmartStart Secure 3-Year Service Plan for my Jeep; I have been happy with this set-up. I am even considering swapping out my Acura's current security and remote start system with this Viper set-up.
Thanks .

Yeah, I had the Viper 5901 on my Accord before I traded it in. I like how it's simple to set it up, pair the remotes & so on. I don't feel the need to get all the extra goodies such as: the Viper smart start tho. But I want to get the 5902 2-way pager remote & pair it up to my 5901.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Intermediate

Are the buttons on the vipers too sensitive? I've read several reviews on the product and customers are saying they hate it because of the buttons. I also heard that there was a lock function for the buttons.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by iLLMaTiC1991
Are the buttons on the vipers too sensitive? I've read several reviews on the product and customers are saying they hate it because of the buttons. I also heard that there was a lock function for the buttons.
I think it's only the 1-way remotes that are sensitive, & yeah you can use a lock function on the 2-way pager remote. EX: (with lock function turned on the 2-way remote) Say if you lock your car using the remote & put the keys into your pockets, it'll lock itself like the lock features on cell-phone touch screens/key boards. You would have to unlock it pressing: function (which is the button with a F) then press unlock & it'll unlock. It's a nice feature especially with the 1 mile range, seeing that with the keys in the pockets how many times a day would you had lock/unlock your car without knowing lol.

Other than that, the viper 5091 & 5902 2-way remotes are rechargeable. I also believe that you can pair the 5902 remote with the 3D screen with the 5901.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Instructor

I'd go for the VT series if I were you. Not that the 3D really matters (I just figured if you're gonna buy new, might as well buy current). The other one looks pretty sweet, but it appears to be more of an industrial use? I didn't check the specs a whole lot, but it appears that it's lacking the consumer features such as apps and what not.

I forget - don't you work for BB or something? Hook a fellow up with an SC-37 will ya? I don't want to spend $2200 on it, but I'm hesitant to buy it online since Pioneer Elite doesnt honor their warranty from anyone but brick and mortar stores.

Still, almost wondering about picking it up online for $1400, and just getting a squaretrade warranty.
The Th-65pf20u was built for industrial use (being on for a long period of time). Thus, it won't have all the extra features you find on consumer TV's. I like it because that thing will outlast any other plasma that we sell.

Yes, BB is one of my four employers. I will check on the SC-37 for ya
This is the guy I've been wanting to go to but hard for me to find a weekend to go down and get it done.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Raskys...g/169239516065
Do you know his rates? I don't see any price info. on his Facebook page and his website is not up yet.
Thanks .

Yeah, I had the Viper 5901 on my Accord before I traded it in. I like how it's simple to set it up, pair the remotes & so on. I don't feel the need to get all the extra goodies such as: the Viper smart start tho. But I want to get the 5902 2-way pager remote & pair it up to my 5901.
I got the SmartStart for the "unlimited" range. No more 1-mile I want to be notified when my vehicle is being tampered with no matter where I am. I am also able to start it sooner so it is nice and toasty by the time I get in.
I think it's only the 1-way remotes that are sensitive, & yeah you can use a lock function on the 2-way pager remote. EX: (with lock function turned on the 2-way remote) Say if you lock your car using the remote & put the keys into your pockets, it'll lock itself like the lock features on cell-phone touch screens/key boards. You would have to unlock it pressing: function (which is the button with a F) then press unlock & it'll unlock. It's a nice feature especially with the 1 mile range, seeing that with the keys in the pockets how many times a day would you had lock/unlock your car without knowing lol.

Other than that, the viper 5091 & 5902 2-way remotes are rechargeable. I also believe that you can pair the 5902 remote with the 3D screen with the 5901.
iLLMaTiC1991, SSM4DR does a good job at answering your question. The 1-way remote sucks; it is way too sensitive! When the remote is in my pocket and I bend down or something of the sort, I send commands to my vehicle. I love that my 2-way OLED remote locks. To unlock it, I press start and unlock. I had my 1-way remote in my jacket at work one day. Someone bumped my jacket and started my car. When I got to my car, it was like entering a sauna I don't have my system set-up on a timer [yet] lol.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Ok fellas... opinion time... Im thinking of trading in the TL for a 2005 TSX 6spd. It has 51,000ish miles on it. I still owe a grip load on the TL but I just cant get the itch for a 6spd and racing out of my head. I have been searching for a 6spd TL but cant find one around here and I am not going to go all the way to texas to get one...
Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Ok fellas... opinion time... Im thinking of trading in the TL for a 2005 TSX 6spd. It has 51,000ish miles on it. I still owe a grip load on the TL but I just cant get the itch for a 6spd and racing out of my head. I have been searching for a 6spd TL but cant find one around here and I am not going to go all the way to texas to get one...
I would continue your search. Summer is still a ways away, and that's when you will truely enjoy the car anyhow.

You would more than likely regret stepping down to a TSX. Yes, you would get the manual - but you would also be dropping 80hp. I think you would be baning through the gears trying to find that "sweet spot" which was the power of the TL.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I would continue your search. Summer is still a ways away, and that's when you will truely enjoy the car anyhow.

You would more than likely regret stepping down to a TSX. Yes, you would get the manual - but you would also be dropping 80hp. I think you would be baning through the gears trying to find that "sweet spot" which was the power of the TL.

I have thought about that too. I love to power of the TL. When I took it to the AutoX race and had a couple of people ride along with me, they all said the same thing "damn, this car has some power!" I love that. also, with the amount I still owe and how much the payments would be, will i be even more pissed off in the end?

It is a fun car and has lots of power... I just have a hard time with the automatic because I feel strongly that it is a waste of time "fixing up" an automatic, I have never been an "all show and no go" kind of guy...
Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
While I prefer the fun of driving the 6-spd, I hardly think that it's a waste modding an automatic. Have you been following the turbo build of libert69? He's pushing 400whp on a stock auto trans. At that power level, it was his pistons that gave out. Not his tranny.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by bmeyer
While I prefer the fun of driving the 6-spd, I hardly think that it's a waste modding an automatic. Have you been following the turbo build of libert69? He's pushing 400whp on a stock auto trans. At that power level, it was his pistons that gave out. Not his tranny.

I think you hit the nail on the head there... The fun factor with an automatic is not there as with the 6spd. There is the sport shifter but its not the same. I knew a lot of people back home that fixed up auto's but they were classic muscle cars, I mean what muscle car ISN'T fun... Im still debating... should I have gotten a 6spd from the start...yes... since I didnt should I go WAY upside down in a loan just so i can have a 6spd... probably not... especially since im not a millionaire...lol. With my last car, i had several things I didnt like about it... but it was a stick... with the TL the one and ONLY thing i dont like is that its an auto.

My girl owns a 2005 Grand prix GTP... that thing has a S/C stock and they only make them with the 4spd auto but it has some balls... I went with her to a meet for Grand prix and there were TONS of people there that modded the hell out of their grand prixs and alot of them were pushing over 400WHP. So i guess power with an auto isn't as crazy as i think it is.

Last edited by Evil_Pineapple; 01-25-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Pro

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't go upside-down on a car loan for that. Especially at the rate they depreciate. I can't speak for you, but the regret I'd have for doing that would be greater than the fun I would get out of just having a 6-spd. (Never mind the drop in power) Especially having a wife, mortgage and the lifestyle I've grown accustomed to.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't go upside-down on a car loan for that. Especially at the rate they depreciate. I can't speak for you, but the regret I'd have for doing that would be greater than the fun I would get out of just having a 6-spd. (Never mind the drop in power) Especially having a wife, mortgage and the lifestyle I've grown accustomed to.

I totally know where your at... i got a fiance' and a family and will be closing on a house in the next week... I never have alot of money but i got alot of nice shit...lol
Old 01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Pro

If you're looking to rejuvinate some fun with the TL, consider a blower. Since the economy tanked the kits aren't moving out of the black-market. You can pick one up pretty cheap. I know where you could get a low-mileage kit for < $2k
Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

If you're looking to rejuvinate some fun with the TL, consider a blower. Since the economy tanked the kits aren't moving out of the black-market. You can pick one up pretty cheap. I know where you could get a low-mileage kit for < $2k
ill have to see what i get back in taxes... but thanks for lookin out
Old 01-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Do you know his rates? I don't see any price info. on his Facebook page and his website is not up yet.
this is what he sent me back in June of '09

Rasky’s Auto Detailing services

Basic Exterior ($200*):
-Hand wash exterior
-Door jambs cleaned
-Wheel wells cleaned and dressed
-Wheels/tires cleaned and tires dressed
-AIO (all in one) polish applied by machine.
-All exterior glass cleaned

Service takes about 4 hours.

1-Step Exterior ($250*):
-Hand wash exterior
-Door jambs cleaned
-Claying to remove all above surface defects (Over spray not included)
-1 step machine polishing using a dedicated light cleaner polish
-Hand applied natural wax or synthetic sealant

Service takes about 5-6 hours.

2-Step Exterior ($350*):
-Hand wash exterior
-Door jambs cleaned
-2 step machine polishing using a dedicated medium cleaner polish and followed with a finishing polish

Service takes about 8-10 hours.

The Rasky ($450 and up):
-Hand wash exterior
-Door jambs cleaned
-Multi step polishing consisting of 3-4 steps to polish paint to perfection

Service takes 12+ hours.

Interior Cleaning ($150):
-Carpet and floor mats thoroughly cleaned and shampooed
-All interior surfaces (vinyl) will be cleaned and treated with water based (non-greasy) UV protectant.
-All leather will be cleaned and protected
-special attention will be given to the dash, vents, and gauges.
-Trunk will be vacuumed, cleaned, and dressed as necessary.
-All glass surfaces thoroughly cleaned.
-Door seals and gaskets will be treated with a UV protectant

Service takes about 3-4 hours.

Engine Detail ($30):
Cleaning and dressing of the engine bay. This is done at the owners risk and Rasky’s Auto Detailing is not responsible for any electrical damage that may incur.

Add Interior Cleaning to any exterior package for only $100

*There may be an additional charge for large trucks, SUV’s, and minivans.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

this is what he sent me back in June of '09

Rasky’s Auto Detailing services

Basic Exterior ($200*):
-Hand wash exterior
-Door jambs cleaned
-AIO (all in one) polish applied by machine.

Service takes about 4 hours.

1-Step Exterior ($250*):
-Hand wash exterior
-Door jambs cleaned
-1 step machine polishing using a dedicated light cleaner polish

Service takes about 5-6 hours.

2-Step Exterior ($350*):
-Hand wash exterior
-Door jambs cleaned
-2 step machine polishing using a dedicated medium cleaner polish and followed with a finishing polish

Service takes about 8-10 hours.

The Rasky ($450 and up):
-Hand wash exterior
-Door jambs cleaned
-Multi step polishing consisting of 3-4 steps to polish paint to perfection

Service takes 12+ hours.

Interior Cleaning ($150):
-Carpet and floor mats thoroughly cleaned and shampooed
-All interior surfaces (vinyl) will be cleaned and treated with water based (non-greasy) UV protectant.
-All leather will be cleaned and protected
-special attention will be given to the dash, vents, and gauges.
-Trunk will be vacuumed, cleaned, and dressed as necessary.
-All glass surfaces thoroughly cleaned.
-Door seals and gaskets will be treated with a UV protectant

Engine Detail ($30):
Cleaning and dressing of the engine bay. This is done at the owners risk and Rasky’s Auto Detailing is not responsible for any electrical damage that may incur.

Holy s#%T I have got to see who buys his services. I do most of the stuff he does to my car(except the machine buffing I do not have one). I am going to start doing this on the weekends this summer a make extra coin.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

I got a recent price list from him. 2011

Rasky’s Auto Detailing

Exterior Services:

Base Package ($250*):
 Hand wash using only pH neutral soaps and proper wash media
 Thoroughly clean doorjambs. Includes the trunk, hood and gas doors.
 Clean and dress wheel wells.
 Carefully clean wheels using special tools and chemicals specifically designed for the safe removal of brake dust, dirt, and grime from even the most delicate of wheel finishes.
 Clean and dress tires to your taste in gloss
 Remove all road tar and tree sap.
 Clay all the painted surfaces and glass to remove bonded surface contaminants.
 Perform a one-stage machine polish using products best suited to your cars specific paint type. This step removes light oxidation and minor swirls. Also enhances the overall gloss and shine of your paint.
 Apply a long-lasting and durable synthetic sealant or natural wax, depending on your preference.
 Clean all glass surfaces to a streak-free shine.

Service takes about 5-7 hours.

Premium Package ($400*):
 Thoroughly clean doorjambs. Includes the trunk, hood and gas doors.
 Carefully clean wheels using special tools and chemicals specifically designed for the safe removal of brake dust, dirt, and grime from even the most delicate of wheel finishes.
 Clay all the painted surfaces and glass to remove bonded surface contaminants.
 Perform a two-stage machine polish to remove most swirls, water spots, and light scratches.
• Note: Some serious defects may still remain and will either require services found in the Ultimate Package, or may be too deep for safe removal.
 Apply a long-lasting and durable synthetic sealant or natural wax, depending on your preference.
 Polish metal and chrome trim.

Service takes about 7-10 hours.

Ultimate Package ($600 and up):
 Thoroughly clean door jams. Includes the trunk, hood and gas doors.
 Hand-polish and seal wheels.
 Measure your vehicle’s paint thickness with an electronic paint thickness gauge to ensure safe levels of paint correction can be performed.
• Ferrous and non-ferrous metal panels only.
 Perform a multi-stage machine polish consisting of 3 or more correction steps to remove severe defects, deep swirls, scratches, etching, oxidations and water-spotting.
• The process typically starts with an aggressive compound to remove defects followed by 1-2 refining steps. Finally, the finish is jeweled to perfection using an ultra-fine polish leaving your vehicle with show-quality finish.
• Note: There is a possibility that certain severe defects cannot be safely removed.
 Polish metal and chrome trim.
 Clean and protect all weather-stripping.
 Polish headlights and taillights to improve clarity by removing scratches and oxidation.
 Seal and polish all door jambs using an All-In-One (AIO) polish.
Note: This package requires pre-inspection of the vehicle to determine its condition and to estimate the cost/time needed prior took booking an appointment.

Service takes 14+ hours.

Interior and a la carte services:

Refinished Paint Package ($50/hr)
 Wet sanding. Removes orange peel finish on a repainted vehicle.
 Perform a multi-stage polish. Removes sanding scratches, includes required refining steps and concludes with a final jewelling step to bring your paint to a show-quality finish.
 Apply a glaze, wax or sealant depending on the age of the paint.

Interior Cleaning ($150*):
 Thoroughly clean and shampoo carpet, seats, and floor mats.
• Note: Some stains may not be removable.
 Clean all vinyl interior surfaces and then treat with a water-based (non-greasy) UV protectant.
 Clean and protect all leather surfaces.
 Detail-clean dash, vents, and gauges.
 Vacuum, clean and dress trunk.
 Thoroughly clean all glass surfaces.
 Polish and seal all painted interior trim using an all-in-one type polish.
 Treat door seals and gaskets with a UV protectant.

Engine Detail ($30):
 Clean and dress engine bay.

Service takes about 1 hour.

Custom Package ($50/hr):
 Detailing service customized to meet your needs and budget.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Advanced

I think you hit the nail on the head there... The fun factor with an automatic is not there as with the 6spd. There is the sport shifter but its not the same. I knew a lot of people back home that fixed up auto's but they were classic muscle cars, I mean what muscle car ISN'T fun... Im still debating... should I have gotten a 6spd from the start...yes... since I didnt should I go WAY upside down in a loan just so i can have a 6spd... probably not... especially since im not a millionaire...lol. With my last car, i had several things I didnt like about it... but it was a stick... with the TL the one and ONLY thing i dont like is that its an auto.

My girl owns a 2005 Grand prix GTP... that thing has a S/C stock and they only make them with the 4spd auto but it has some balls... I went with her to a meet for Grand prix and there were TONS of people there that modded the hell out of their grand prixs and alot of them were pushing over 400WHP. So i guess power with an auto isn't as crazy as i think it is.
You do not want a manual TSX of that year. You wont like the lack of power. If you get a TSX, the new one comes with your TL 3.2 V6 but you are going to be in more debt. As for making your TL 6 speed you are talking a complete new dash frame. I looked in to this when I had my 04. You would need the money to obtain one, if you could find one. Your existing frame does not have the bracket for the clutch pedal. You would be better of selling your car on your own and then looking for a 6 speed TL. Which you can find you just have to look for one
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Hey Pineapple, if you are thinking about the blower and want to continue with autox, then don't. It will put you into one of the modified classes where you'll be lots of seconds off the pace of gutted, blown, fully-built Miatae that weigh 1/3 of your TL. Seriously, don't do it.

I wouldn't go upside down for a stick, but I know what you are talking about. One season of Autox and I sold the TL for the Scooby-doo. If I were to recommend you selling the TL for something else (and getting WAY upside down), it would be for that, it was an insanely fun car, and you can mod the ever-loving shit out of it.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by Takata 18
You do not want a manual TSX of that year. You wont like the lack of power. If you get a TSX, the new one comes with your TL 3.2 V6 but you are going to be in more debt. As for making your TL 6 speed you are talking a complete new dash frame. I looked in to this when I had my 04. You would need the money to obtain one, if you could find one. Your existing frame does not have the bracket for the clutch pedal. You would be better of selling your car on your own and then looking for a 6 speed TL. Which you can find you just have to look for one
I was thinking of swapping in a 6spd but when i did the research, the time and money involved wasn't worth it. I test drove a '07 Civic SI and although it had some get up and go... it still didn't have the power that i got in my TL.

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Hey Pineapple, if you are thinking about the blower and want to continue with autox, then don't. It will put you into one of the modified classes where you'll be lots of seconds off the pace of gutted, blown, fully-built Miatae that weigh 1/3 of your TL. Seriously, don't do it.

I wouldn't go upside down for a stick, but I know what you are talking about. One season of Autox and I sold the TL for the Scooby-doo. If I were to recommend you selling the TL for something else (and getting WAY upside down), it would be for that, it was an insanely fun car, and you can mod the ever-loving shit out of it.
I totally know what you mean, I never wanted to use the TL for autoX anyway. I was planning on buying something I can beat on for that. The TL is a luxury car. I just want it to have some get up and go and to look nice.

Selling the TL would have to wait for a couple more years to pay it down cause I owe more than it is worth right now. But by that time ill almost be done paying it off so I might as well wait and pay it off at that point. I have over 100,000 miles on it right now and im not sure if putting a blower on a motor with that many miles on it is a good idea.

I used to HATE everything about "Honda" but now that I own a TL i LOVE IT!!! I just want something fun.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Pro

Man you guys pay a lot to get your cars detailed, I usually do that myself. I took 5 hours total to polish & wax my accord. Wash/dry it at my local Holiday gas station car wash, apply ultimate compound/wipe it off, apply Wax/wipe off, then finish it off with quick detail spray/wipe off. Done with a dual-action polisher of-course . That Accord was clean! The TL will be even cleaner lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Intermediate

I just need to take the minor scratches and swirls off.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Pro

Since I got a Meguiar's D.A. Polisher, I use nothing but Meguiar's products for detailing. (the car's body at least) The Meguiar's ultimate compound has worked greatly for me. It restores color/ clarity to abused & neglected finishes. It also removes paint defects such as: oxidation, scratches, water spots, & blemishes without scratching.

I taped a small area with painter's tape on my sister's white Rav-4. After Doing three passes: 1 up/down 2: side to side 3: up/down. After wiping it off & taking the tape off, the side I did made the other area appear yellow lol. (I decided to test it out on her car, because it's white.)
Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Advanced

Talking

Since I got a Meguiar's D.A. Polisher, I use nothing but Meguiar's products for detailing. (the car's body at least) The Meguiar's ultimate compound has worked greatly for me. It restores color/ clarity to abused & neglected finishes. It also removes paint defects such as: oxidation, scratches, water spots, & blemishes without scratching.

I taped a small area with painter's tape on my sister's white Rav-4. After Doing three passes: 1 up/down 2: side to side 3: up/down. After wiping it off & taking the tape off, the side I did made the other area appear yellow lol. (I decided to test it out on her car, because it's white.)
I also wash my car I do everything my self by hand. We got to get together when the weather is nice ado a detail day. By the way is your TL a 04 SSM let me know. I have a few goodies you might be interested on. Pm me and I will tell you.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Takata 18
I also wash my car I do everything my self by hand. We got to get together when the weather is nice ado a detail day. By the way is your TL a 04 SSM let me know. I have a few goodies you might be interested on. Pm me and I will tell you.
Mines an 05, detailing day sounds nice man .
Old 01-27-2011, 12:00 AM
8th Gear

I miss detailing. Bought a few things over the winter to spruce up my business next spring. Getting excited to be able to detail again!!

New Detailing Cart. Just missing a few more detailing items that are currently with me at school.

Hey Josh, are you gonna autoX the wagon this summer????
Old 01-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Go take a look at this car Makana.

http://duluth.carsoup.com/used/detai...JjaGlkPQ%7e%7e
Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 AM
8th Gear

^Thats an Auto.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I test drove an '05 TL, 6spd, black with tan interior, non navi... It was nice... Whoever owned it before put slotted rotors on it. My credit was good, but I just owe too much on mine. the bank wanted 7 grand down.... So, im keeping my TL. Ill just make it more fun. Then ill get me an AutoX car to beat on... I really want a '99 Mitsu eclipse GTX... that would be fun.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Instructor

I test drove an '05 TL, 6spd, black with tan interior, non navi... It was nice... Whoever owned it before put slotted rotors on it. My credit was good, but I just owe too much on mine. the bank wanted 7 grand down.... So, im keeping my TL. Ill just make it more fun. Then ill get me an AutoX car to beat on... I really want a '99 Mitsu eclipse GTX... that would be fun.
Good idea bro! I would also keep your TL and just get yourself a banger for AutoX. BTW, I think you meant to say '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Old 01-27-2011, 05:50 PM
8th Gear

Yea man. Definitely keep your TL. Suspension, wheels, sway bars, etc and that car could be a LOT of fun on the autoX tracks.

Just gotta do some things to bring back the love, regardless of the auto.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Pro

The Viper 5901 goes on my TL today . I cannot wait until Spring/Summer time when the better goodies will go on .

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras