Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014 | 03:20 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Congrats is it a 3G. looking forward to meeting you.
Yes sir. Always loved the 3G model. I really didnt want to go 4dr just yet, that's all. I had unfinished business with the S2000. But the S2000 is gonna have to wait. I wanna enjoy this car for a bit. Even 3wks after owning it, I still look forward to driving it and sitting inside it. Just can't wait to start modding it to my liking that's all.
Old 02-23-2014 | 08:16 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by TYC Photography
Yes, the name is Adam. I'm glad to see a few familiar screen names popping up now too.

Thanks for the plug Nate. Don't know if you follow my work but since I last shot your car, I've been featured in over 10 magazines.

SIclone, this unicorn I searched forever it seems. It HAD to be white and manual. I can live with the tan interior but it had to be manual. I gave up after a few months. Started looking at g35x and accord manuals. Then out of the blue I decide to do a full sweep before flying out to VA to pick up an S2000. And found her on Carsoup in Eden Prarie. WTF....locally? Say it ain't so? Any luck in picking up a white manual for you? Or did you settle on an SI or accord instead?

Walleye, I apologize I do not remember you. But I know your Fruad brother. LOL. Don't be a stranger and say hi when you see me. I'm usually wearing a TYC Photography shirt.

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you guys this year. Winter has made it's point dame it. Any day now spring.
Amen to that TYC. I am sick of winter too. Mine sits in the garage and I looked at it every day just want to started up and drive it. Mine is also a manual six speed and fun to drive

Last edited by Takata 18; 02-23-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-24-2014 | 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes sir. Always loved the 3G model. I really didnt want to go 4dr just yet, that's all. I had unfinished business with the S2000. But the S2000 is gonna have to wait. I wanna enjoy this car for a bit. Even 3wks after owning it, I still look forward to driving it and sitting inside it. Just can't wait to start modding it to my liking that's all.
I'd rather invest in that S2K than this POS car. lol, our performance platform is really simple and doesn't get much vendors on it. Or otherwise, ppl here in this forum is very stingy. We have 3 vendors on jpipes and not one I've seen has a replica made for us for cheap. We need that kind of products cause our 3G is just too heavy to be making serious power from expensive add-on parts. I'd wait just because as a previous S2k owner, you'll need flashpro to work on your power adders
Old 02-24-2014 | 12:55 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Hey if anyone is looking for a rifle, let me know im selling mine to get a new one!

http://www.armslist.com/posts/272857...000rds-of-ammo
Old 02-24-2014 | 08:38 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by bouncer07
I'd rather invest in that S2K than this POS car. lol, our performance platform is really simple and doesn't get much vendors on it. Or otherwise, ppl here in this forum is very stingy. We have 3 vendors on jpipes and not one I've seen has a replica made for us for cheap. We need that kind of products cause our 3G is just too heavy to be making serious power from expensive add-on parts. I'd wait just because as a previous S2k owner, you'll need flashpro to work on your power adders
I don't agree with that. My car was Dyno last fall and I am at 297 HP at the wheels. All my power adders are just bolt on. Intake bought used , Pulley bought used , J-Pipe used , PCD's used etc. Bottom line is if you want to Buy new mods You will pay. If you can live with something used and in decent shape then you'll be OK. True there are not many vendors in our forums but that's when you look outside the box. I will not discourage you enjoy the car it is a fun Vehicle. I think S2K stock TL stock I think the TL has him specially a manual 6 speed
Old 02-24-2014 | 10:29 PM
10th Gear

I've owned both cars now. Honestly, I want to enjoy the TL for now that's all. If you gave me a choice, s2000 or TLS 6spd (LOL) right now, no regrets...I'd go with the S2000 in a heartbeat. But it's a road I've traveled on already. Which I wouldn't mind traveling on again...but later, that's all.

And yes, I was extremely disappointed at the lack of aftermarket support for this car. Wow....speechless.
Old 02-24-2014 | 10:32 PM
10th Gear

I don't agree with that. My car was Dyno last fall and I am at 297 HP at the wheels.
So you were one of the guys. MAP, last fall, correct?

I just heard some good comments a few weeks backs regarding a couple TL guys who came in and dyno'ed around 290ish all motor last fall.
Old 02-25-2014 | 10:48 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Finally got my type S spoiler ordered. I've been wanting once since I bought the car in 09. I finally found one at a price that was decent. Not $600 the dealership is asking for them. Jorge, you should let me make a template from your trunk to transfer to mine so I know where to drill the holes lol.
Old 02-25-2014 | 12:50 PM
The cake is a lie.

Well after two weeks at the dealer I finally got the Blue Beast back. Turns out it was a.... wait for it faulty Bank 1 Pre-cat O2 sensor which had been replaced back in August so they replaced it again under the BMW parts warranty so my out the door cost was $0.00 so I basically got a free loaner for two weeks.
Old 02-25-2014 | 02:37 PM
Just drive...

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
Well after two weeks at the dealer I finally got the Blue Beast back. Turns out it was a.... wait for it faulty Bank 1 Pre-cat O2 sensor which had been replaced back in August so they replaced it again under the BMW parts warranty so my out the door cost was $0.00 so I basically got a free loaner for two weeks.
Old 02-25-2014 | 10:32 PM
I M Noob

Talking

SIclone, this unicorn I searched forever it seems. It HAD to be white and manual. I can live with the tan interior but it had to be manual. I gave up after a few months. Started looking at g35x and accord manuals. Then out of the blue I decide to do a full sweep before flying out to VA to pick up an S2000. And found her on Carsoup in Eden Prarie. WTF....locally? Say it ain't so? Any luck in picking up a white manual for you? Or did you settle on an SI or accord instead?
I missed out on a mint straight from Hawaii WDP with black leather at Poquet a few years back. I had only bought my Type R less than a year before so that was a no-go.

I test drove some guys 07 6mt Accord that he listed on MNHondas a year and a half ago. Looked hard but bought a used CRV for my son instead since he was heading to college. Fast forward and with some changes to my IRS filing status and some new circumstances, I started looking again. No unicorn to be found.

I settled on an 08 silver Type S 6mt. The guy lived in Fairmont and wanted to sell it to go buy a Highlander. It had a few dings that I hope PDR can remove, and 88k miles but at least it wasn't out of state, which is what it was looking like.

It sits mostly as I'm still driving my Odyssey through this horrid winter until my other son passes his drivers test. Then he'll take that and the TL will take over dd duties. Haven't even put 500 miles on the Blizzaks I bought for it on Black Friday. I did pick up a really beat up set of Aspec rims and had them refinished. Lost the black chrome look but that was not savable.

Old 02-26-2014 | 09:13 AM
Advanced

Talking

So you were one of the guys. MAP, last fall, correct?

I just heard some good comments a few weeks backs regarding a couple TL guys who came in and dyno'ed around 290ish all motor last fall.
Yes I was one of the guys that Dyno and I think if the guy running my car on the Dyno would have shut of the climate control it would have been at 300 WHP.
Old 02-26-2014 | 09:20 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by nate_0022
Finally got my type S spoiler ordered. I've been wanting once since I bought the car in 09. I finally found one at a price that was decent. Not $600 the dealership is asking for them. Jorge, you should let me make a template from your trunk to transfer to mine so I know where to drill the holes lol.
Only if you buy me a new complete hardware kit for it. Joe told me if you remove it you would have to get the clips new because chances are they will break and would have to be replaced
Old 02-26-2014 | 10:19 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

I'll give you the clips off my spoiler. I'm just using the studs, not the plastic clips. Of course I was kidding though. Don't take it off. Have you talked to joe lately. I want to see if white bear has any templates for the spoiler. Mine didn't come with one. And I need some maintenance stuff done this spring
Old 02-26-2014 | 02:11 PM
Advanced

Talking

I'll give you the clips off my spoiler. I'm just using the studs, not the plastic clips. Of course I was kidding though. Don't take it off. Have you talked to joe lately. I want to see if white bear has any templates for the spoiler. Mine didn't come with one. And I need some maintenance stuff done this spring

There's more than just the clips that you have on yours there's some other stuff that goes I think into the trunk itself. I have call Joe but have not heard from him all winter I called him to ask him a few questions but no reply
Old 02-26-2014 | 07:27 PM
Advanced

Hey it is interesting to hear from you this winter too. As far as WBA I
That's how it is. Keep calling him he probably will answer your phone call. It's really nice of you to stop by the thread.

I'm at the hockey rink 5-6 nights per week with my two demon offspring

I look forward to getting together this spring / summer!
Old 02-26-2014 | 08:43 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by thefatcat
I'm at the hockey rink 5-6 nights per week with my two demon offspring

I look forward to getting together this spring / summer!
Thank God I am done with that. Yes I look forward to it this summer. After this winter I will beattending aa lot of car events this Summer. How are you brakes doing & the rotors?
Old 02-28-2014 | 12:12 PM
I like turtles

So I feel it's time to sell my 19" Ron Jon Legends... I'm not comfortable driving on them, and would like to get a set of 18" to replace them. They will need new tires as 2 currently do not have any tires, and the other 2 are getting worn/old

I'd be willing to sell for cash, or willing to work out a trade for another set of rims (18's). Let me know guys, thanks!
Old 02-28-2014 | 04:32 PM
Advanced

Looks like have to buy a new aspec lip, destroyed mine last night on the way home from work in Hudson, ran over a pos muffler on the highway, a freaking muffler! What pisses me off is that it wasn't even snow or ice or any other crap like that that broke the lip. I hate people who don't take care of their cars and let shit fall off them, those are the people that need to get the hell off the road or pulled over and ticketed for unsafe shit, not us for having aftermarket new stuff on our cars. Could of swerved but with my luck I would of hit a patch of ice or something and made things worst. Pissed me off so bad, there's $$ that could of been used for something else down the drain. UGH, just had to get that off my chest, stupid people, stupid weather, it's time to move south.
Old 03-01-2014 | 11:09 AM
Advanced

:'(

Old 03-01-2014 | 11:48 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Wow. That would piss me off. At least they're not discontinued yet!

I'm getting impatient for spring. This winter is ridiculous. Did an oil change last night. I had a hell of a time getting the damn oil filter off, what do you guys use to get the oil filter off?
Old 03-01-2014 | 04:31 PM
Advanced

oil filter wrench or if I can't find it then screw driver if I can't twist it off by hand.
Old 03-02-2014 | 10:02 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by walleyeman
:'(

Dude that sucks. I have to agree those people should be ticketed. Mean whila we get pulled over for having nice cars with tints.
Old 03-02-2014 | 10:05 PM
Advanced

Talking

I'm getting impatient for spring. This winter is ridiculous. Did an oil change last night. I had a hell of a time getting the damn oil filter off, what do you guys use to get the oil filter off?
Usually a filter wrench when it is stubborn. Most of the time by hand.
Old 03-03-2014 | 07:32 AM
The cake is a lie.

I had WB Acura do an oil change for me in the winter because it was too cold and snow on the ground. Then when I went to do it myself in the summer I drained the oil and went to get the filter off and it wouldn't budge.I tried a strap wrench and a cup thing to hold the bottom which twisted the filter and started leaking so I decided to do the screw driver trick and that just tore the filter even more. So I finally used this wrench and that barely worked as it was destroying what little was left of the filter housing.

I keep the filter in a jar on my desk at work as a reminder of the frustration I had with it.

Old 03-03-2014 | 11:46 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Holy crap you did a number on that filter lol.
I used 4 different methods to get mine off. first off I tried taking it off by hand because all I ever did is tighten them by hand when I put the filters on, well that didn't work, then I tried my filter pliers well that didn't work either any time I tried putting it around the filter it adjusted to the next bigger setting which couldnt grab the filter, I played with that for 20 minutes trying to get the damn thing to stay on the tighest setting. Then I tried the filter cap that goes on the bottom of the filter, that didn't work. then I tried the adjustable filter strap wrench thing and that kept slipping. By this point I was getting so pissed so I finally took the filter cap, drilled a hole in the side big enough for a screw, then drilled the screw through the filter and I finally got it to budge. A 15 minute oil change turned into an hour and a half. I changed my oil before the first snow fall and was hoping to last through the winter.
Old 03-03-2014 | 05:19 PM
Advanced

Talking

I have never had to do a mutilation to a filter ever to get it off. With my luck it will now happen to me but since I do my own oil changes I tighten it so I can take it off
Old 03-03-2014 | 06:29 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

I do all mine as well. I just drive mine all winter unlike Simone I know! Lol
Old 03-03-2014 | 07:31 PM
Advanced

Talking

Jealousy will get you nowhere yeah yeah whatever. I drove my first TL many winters and many summers and I did my own oil changes on that car and never had to mutilate filter.Just got to know how to tighten things so you can take them off.LOL
Old 03-05-2014 | 08:12 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I would suggest you stop being such a FAGGOT and just turn it with your hand! I have never had a problem getting the filter off. I use the wrench God gave me!
Old 03-05-2014 | 08:14 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

I'm sorry sir.
Old 03-05-2014 | 08:40 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I'm sorry sir.
Are you going to B4B?

I figured I would also give you all another update to my world. Looking at some mods for the Grand prix. Finding out that its easy to mod but you dont get as much gain like the TL does. Im guessing its because the N/A motors are 200hp and the SC'd motors are 260hp. It already got a 60hp jump with the SC unlike the base TL starting at ~260 and getting a ~60hp jump with a SC. there is alot of work involved to get over 300WHP but thats the same as any car (race cars aren't bought, they are built!)

Anyway, I do love the SC whine and im not gonna be buying anything newish anytime soon. Im probrably going to buy a 4wd vehicle for everyday driving and park the Grand Prix as my project car.
Old 03-05-2014 | 10:01 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Yes sir. Hopefully it's decent weather unlike last year.
Old 03-05-2014 | 11:41 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

No shit! Last year sucked ass!

BTW, if anyone needs a set of unused rear camber kit for the 3rd gen TL I will sell you mine. I bought them with my coilovers and never used them.
Old 03-05-2014 | 01:50 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
I would suggest you stop being such a FAGGOT and just turn it with your hand! I have never had a problem getting the filter off. I use the wrench God gave me!
Yes quit being such a girly man💅
You get them bro.👅 that's what I'm talking about. I have never even had a problem
Old 03-05-2014 | 01:51 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Are you going to B4B?

I figured I would also give you all another update to my world. Looking at some mods for the Grand prix. Finding out that its easy to mod but you dont get as much gain like the TL does. Im guessing its because the N/A motors are 200hp and the SC'd motors are 260hp. It already got a 60hp jump with the SC unlike the base TL starting at ~260 and getting a ~60hp jump with a SC. there is alot of work involved to get over 300WHP but thats the same as any car (race cars aren't bought, they are built!)

Anyway, I do love the SC whine and im not gonna be buying anything newish anytime soon. Im probrably going to buy a 4wd vehicle for everyday driving and park the Grand Prix as my project car.
Hey when is be B4B.
Old 03-05-2014 | 01:52 PM
Advanced

Unhappy

I agree to be crappy the last two years.
Old 03-05-2014 | 04:04 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

B4b is april 26th. I doubt your car will be outif storage Jorge lol
Old 03-05-2014 | 07:14 PM
Advanced

Talking

B4b is april 26th. I doubt your car will be outif storage Jorge lol
If The snow is gone you bet it will be there. We're lucky if you make it let alone your car Mine has been there two years in a row. LOL
Old 03-05-2014 | 11:52 PM
Advanced

once I can see the curbside again and most potholes filled, my car will be back to summer setup, lol. I dont have much winter tire left so it better be soon.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras