Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:00 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

Let's try this again...
Old 07-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Sunday is also the 4th Auto-x event of the season at Midway stadium, so if you are going to the car show, stop by at some point and check it out.

I am going to drop the muffler off the scoob and install a dump for the day, looking forward to hearing how it will sound at WOT!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Broke college grad

Porky's again tonight ladies call me
Old 07-19-2009, 02:10 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tonight was fun lol

Good seein ya again, Blackura.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by WannabeG
Tonight was fun lol

Good seein ya again, Blackura.
Midway/University was sickkk tonight
Old 07-19-2009, 09:07 AM
fu

that was the coolest i've ever seen uni
Old 07-19-2009, 04:50 PM
8th Gear

soo many people but a lot of cops.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Broke college grad

Anybody know a good shop I should go to to install a lightweight pulley because I'm an idiot and can't figure it out unless one of you knows how and wants to do it
Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BlackuraTL
Anybody know a good shop I should go to to install a lightweight pulley because I'm an idiot and can't figure it out unless one of you knows how and wants to do it
You should go to my installer, he would hook you up. He just opened up his newest shop in Columbus (city right next to Lino Lakes). It's a one stop shop; the place is HUGE! They do everything from audio & lighting to engine & frame work. That's where I get all my modifications done at...
Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by Carmodifier
You should go to my installer, he would hook you up. He just opened up his newest shop in Columbus (city right next to Lino Lakes). It's a one stop shop; the place is HUGE! They do everything from audio & lighting to engine & frame work. That's where I get all my modifications done at...
I think I might do that because I have to take off like the whole dash just to put my blue lights in for the speedometer too
Old 07-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Broke college grad

Actually with your guys help I think the dash would be pretty easy but I'll go to a shop for my tail light tints and my pulley. So you guys down for a meet?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:12 AM
fu

i'm down for a meet and seeing how hard the dash is to judge if i want to take a stab at it or not
Old 07-20-2009, 03:23 AM
8th Gear

Im down for a meet with you guys too lol
Old 07-20-2009, 06:07 AM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by Slepybear
i'm down for a meet and seeing how hard the dash is to judge if i want to take a stab at it or not
I looked up a DIY and its not too bad
Old 07-20-2009, 12:58 PM
fu

seamfoamed today. didn't smoke as much as i thought it would or should. but through the intake coolant it did better than through the gas tank
Old 07-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Punctuation Nazi

You guys missed out on a good event on Sunday, we got 8 runs each, and then we did fun runs until we ran out of cash.

I had 4 passengers in the car with me for one run, I could hear their helmets banging together as I was driving around the track.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by BlackuraTL
Actually with your guys help I think the dash would be pretty easy but I'll go to a shop for my tail light tints and my pulley. So you guys down for a meet?
15 minutes and I can have that dash out.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by asujosh1
15 minutes and I can have that dash out.
good good I don't wanna pay for putting my tints on my tail lights or the pulley or the dash so anybody down for a meet this weekend?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I have another school this weekend, I'll be in Eau Claire all day Sat, but I could prolly be available on Sunday.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 PM
fu

i have a tounry for paintball this weekend, so depending how i do i may be open sunday
Old 07-20-2009, 09:11 PM
T-Swzy

see the original intentions, why i made this thread, was for us to get together every weekend. not ALL of us, just whoever was available at keep the passion alive. so pick a regular spot and every friday/saturday or sunday just show up and you'll see a few guys there. it's a little harder with us being all over the place but it's still the same, whenever you're free and willing just drop by.

if we do have a massive meet, like mid to late august or something, i'd want to get the G and Z crew out, i wanna see the TC Nissans. i'll try to talk to my IS300 buddy and see if he can round up a few and we'll do a twin cities imports deal.

but like i said, have smaller meets often where whoever can make it come. like....UniDale every friday

also, my last day of speech class is wednesday. so no more trying writing speeches and rehearsing them every other day. i'll have a lot of free time to clean up my baby. might even pick up a job
Old 07-21-2009, 12:06 AM
fu

i say we try to meet at unidale every friday or saturday.. it's easy enough, pretty central, and open to some good times
Old 07-21-2009, 06:34 AM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by Slepybear
i say we try to meet at unidale every friday or saturday.. it's easy enough, pretty central, and open to some good times
it's not a bad idea, i'll start headin out in a week or two once everything finishes it up. only a few more weeks before snow starts to fall and you won't get to see all the cool rwd cars anymore
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 AM
8th Gear

((I love how it advertises Infiniti on an Acura website. We get TL ads all the time on our forum too LOL))

Well, depending if i have to go to a funeral this weekend, i am potentially down to meet.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Instructor

Meeting up every Friday and/or Saturday sounds good to me We do need to plan a big meet though pretty soon... we haven't had one since this Spring, and Fall isn't too far away. As for meeting up this weekend, I am leaving for vacation early Thursday and coming back late Sunday. So this weekend won't work for me.

FYI - I PLAN ON PICKING UP WHITE HEAT FROM THE SHOP ON MY WAY HOME SUNDAY!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:17 AM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Razzi
also, my last day of speech class is wednesday. so no more trying writing speeches and rehearsing them every other day. i'll have a lot of free time to clean up my baby. might even pick up a job
Speech class was one of my favorite classes in college. One of the speeches my class got assigned was an informitive/how to speech. I was known for doing fun speeches as the assignment before that one was a sales speech and I sold a lightsaber and showed how you could use the energy blade to cut your hair, slice fruit, cut down trees and also use it for personal protection.
So the day came to do the how to speech and I was being cocky all day telling my friends I was going first in class because my speech was going to be the best but I didnt tell them what it was going to be about. So I went up in front of the entire class and the teacher to do my speech which was a how to speech on sexual intercourse which I did 100% straight faced. So of course people started laughing and I looked at one of my friends and asked him point blank if he thought there was something funny about the word penis or vagina. So I finish my speech, which I got an A on, and when class went to break everyone was just amazed how I managed to keep myself from laughing thru the whole thing. After that unfoutunately everybody kept expecting me to have these amazing speeches which I never could live up to the hype before the day of the speech.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 AM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just a reminder for those interested in meeting up tonight, provided the weather clears up, the American Legion in Coon Rapids has a free Classic Car Show from 5-8 today. Here is the address so you can mapquest it.

11640 Crooked Lake Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN
Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Broke college grad

Well I'd set the date for meet this weekend on sunday. I already go to uni everyweekend most of the time and so does slepy
Old 07-21-2009, 03:38 PM
fu

I have my mommys iPhone and got a little carried away on buying parts. On a side note hell kitty should be able to rippppp in a week or 2. Getting excited!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Hellkitty? Unidale? WTF is going on here?

Someone should talk to Jorge about having a meet at his place again, cruise on over to Stillwater or something. The West River Parkway location always worked out nicely since there was a lot of free parking available with grills and tables for people to hang out around.

We should maybe consider doing an earlier (in the day) meet and then taking a cruise over to the alphabet in WI. Last time we did that, we all had a good time (I believe).

So, I nominate Slappy to plan this thing out, I think that he has a bunch of ideas to go with at this point...
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone get over to the car show tonight? I had planned on it, but then it started raining cats and dogs so I made other plans (dinner) - by the time the sun came out, it was a lost hope.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 PM
fu

-hellkitty- joke from last summer, and since travis got to call his car white heat, i wanted to call mine hellkitty
-unidale=foodsmart=midway (On university)
-if someone can find that list ken made that had everyone who has posted in here and send it to me, i will send a message to everyone
-someone needs to talk to jorge, or find a good central area, my house if all else fails
-when i send the message to everyone, i'll ask when i best, or i can come up with a date, most likely aug. 1st or 8th, unless a sunday drive would work better, in which case we could do the 2nd or 9th.. realsiticly not everyone will be able to make it, and some people will have to change shedules around if they want to make it. if it is after that i have a feeling we will start losing a lot of those who would go to college or school related shit. or anything..

1st, 2nd, 8th, or 9th. what is everyones feelings on date?

we will meet at a house or parking lot. house would be either mine or jorges, depending on if we get a hold of him

cookout- either 1. at a house or 2. on the drive we stop at a park
if we do #2 then we can't do any installs

i need to get everyones say, weigh it out, and then i can better plan it out. and as far as the actual drive goes, i dont't know the alphabets, but someone who does can lay it out, i'll do the rest
Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
fu

meet is august 8th
Old 07-22-2009, 06:03 AM
Broke college grad

I want it as soon as possible I wanna get my stuff on
Old 07-22-2009, 08:18 AM
fu

your install can be a small meet this weekend or next. the aug 8th meet we are gunna meet at somewhere like lake phalen, and do a grill out, then move to the alphabets
Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Punctuation Nazi

When you are planning the location, make sure there is plenty of free parking, we planned to meet up at Minehaha park and it turns out there is not much free parking, and not much available at all since the park is so popular.

Jorge and I are going to be working on a friend's car on Sunday around 3 in his garage, replacing the brakes.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:36 PM
fu

I don't really know park locations very well. Razzi suggested phaelon, and unless anyone has any objections or suggestions i think we'll end up with that.

Does anybody know if phaelon has lots of free parking?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 AM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
Speech class was one of my favorite classes in college. One of the speeches my class got assigned was an informitive/how to speech. I was known for doing fun speeches as the assignment before that one was a sales speech and I sold a lightsaber and showed how you could use the energy blade to cut your hair, slice fruit, cut down trees and also use it for personal protection.
So the day came to do the how to speech and I was being cocky all day telling my friends I was going first in class because my speech was going to be the best but I didnt tell them what it was going to be about. So I went up in front of the entire class and the teacher to do my speech which was a how to speech on sexual intercourse which I did 100% straight faced. So of course people started laughing and I looked at one of my friends and asked him point blank if he thought there was something funny about the word penis or vagina. So I finish my speech, which I got an A on, and when class went to break everyone was just amazed how I managed to keep myself from laughing thru the whole thing. After that unfoutunately everybody kept expecting me to have these amazing speeches which I never could live up to the hype before the day of the speech.
ahaha right there with you. i was the kid delievering random ass absurd speeches. one of mine was about how the color purple has been linked to curing cancer, fighting global warming and increasing workplace productivity. half the class bought it.

ok so i'm kind of in a bit of a pickle, not a big one just one big enough to become a mild annoyance. my brother sent me a check for 150 bucks cause he owed me, cashed it, account went up to 200 dollars. great. few weeks later the check bounced, they took 150 bucks out of my account, so now i'm down to -100. of course there was insufficient funds so they charged me 35 bucks, along with a 35 dollar collection fee or some shit. so now i'm 170 under. i didnt get the letter until about a week after they did this. during that time i rented a redbox movie for 1 day, 1 dollar. returned it, of course i'm 170 dollars under so they nail me for a dollar plus 35 for insufficient funds. now i'm mega pissed so i didnt wanna deal with that.

my financial aid and loans were taking a long ass time to process so i had to dump money into my tuition so i dont get my classes dropped, having no money and being pissed i never bothered to visit the bank. was just hoping everything was gonna fall back into place. well finally last week the process is done, all my aids and loans went through and i was up some money, which is set to direct deposit back into my bank account.

well, just yesterday they closed my account cause it was negative for too long, i probably shoulda done something but i was too pissed and too busy, so this money is getting disbursed into an inactive account. so some of my money is floating out there somewhere and it's probably going to take a lot of calls and stuff to sort it out. and seriously i just hope it doesnt fuck up cause it's enough to buy me a new bumper and then some.

in other news, i'm pulling an all nighter for a final tomorrow and my car still looks like crap.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Instructor

Hey guys! I just purchased two MagnaFlow Polished Stainless Steel Mufflers With Tips: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=8191. I also plan on buying these Comptech Headers: http://www.autocarparts.com/part/253/5/. I want to custom mandrel bend 3" stainless steel piping. But due to cost, going with custom mandrel bend 3" aluminum piping will save me a lot of money. With my set-up I am looking at going with, would you guys recommend using stainless steel or aluminum piping?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:02 PM
8th Gear

Hey if any of ya are interested in meeting up with the G and Z club, we are planning a cruise/meet to Winona on some nice twisty roads.

So if any of ya are down. let me know or if your registered on our forum you can post, but you are all more than welcome to come!

http://g35driver.com/forums/midweste...-z-cruise.html

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras