Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 05:21 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
If I every want to have sex with her again.... I better not....hahahahaha
Take control of that, lol. Tell her if she ever wants sex again to buy you the car, cause that shoullllld work
Old 03-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Lot what the cat brought in,.Hi Mike good to hear you still come for a word or two. Are you like married
Not married Haha. Just busy with work. How's things been? I gotta come to a meet this year. So we all need to get planning!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK! thanks to SSM4DR.... the A**HOLE!!!! (J/K brotha!) that gave me that link to read about suspension.... Im not so sure what to get now. Given the fact that I drive this car everyday and my kids ride in the car too... I dont want it to be too stiff for them. I have spent the last 2 days reading posts and articles on different suspension options. I have narrowed it down to these 3...

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tein-susp...a80-1uss2.html

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/function-...ra-tsx-tl.html

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/ht-spec-v...07-accord.html

Both the function/form and the HT-spec are the same thing i think...

Price is still a HUGE factor for me.... what do you guys think?

Last edited by Evil_Pineapple; 03-24-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:20 PM
XpressoBeans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
OK! thanks to SSM4DR.... the A**HOLE!!!! (J/K brotha!) that gave me that link to read about suspension.... Im not so sure what to get now. Given the fact that I drive this car everyday and my kids ride in the car too... I dont want it to be too stiff for them. I have spent the last 2 days reading posts and articles on different suspension options. I have narrowed it down to these 3...

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tein-susp...a80-1uss2.html

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/function-...ra-tsx-tl.html

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/ht-spec-v...07-accord.html

Both the function/form and the HT-spec are the same thing i think...

Price is still a HUGE factor for me.... what do you guys think?
Im saving my pennies for the aspec suspension. Its like 576 bucks on oemacuraparts.com i like the fact it was made for our cars.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
OK! thanks to SSM4DR.... the A**HOLE!!!! (J/K brotha!)
LOL . How much are you welling to spend? I personally think the HT-Spec type 1's without the damping adjustment would do. I have the HT-spec type 2's.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by xpressobeans
Im saving my pennies for the aspec suspension. Its like 576 bucks on oemacuraparts.com i like the fact it was made for our cars.
I hear ya, I just want to go a little lower than the A-spec does. It only goes down an inch and I want to go 1.5"

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
LOL . How much are you welling to spend? I personally think the HT-Spec type 1's without the damping adjustment would do. I have the HT-spec type 2's.

Im actually NOT willing to spend over a grand for the suspension. Coilovers were originally what I wanted, I have used Tein products before and was happy with them. The Teins are also almost 100 bucks cheaper than the HT's
Old 03-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Pro

Im actually NOT willing to spend over a grand for the suspension. Coilovers were originally what I wanted, I have used Tein products before and was happy with them. The Teins are also almost 100 bucks cheaper than the HT's
HT-spec type 1's is right around $623.74 shipped if you use code: Acurazinerocks. On a different subject, isn't the Teins adjusted by the spring seats and not by shortening or lengthening the shock's body like the HT-spec coilovers? I mean both will be fine, but I rather have the height adjusted by shortening or lengthening the shock's body. Adjustig the height by the spring seats messes with the spring rate which gives out a harsher ride from what I've seen in the past with my old car.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

HT-spec type 1's is right around $623.74 shipped if you use code: Acurazinerocks. On a different subject, isn't the Teins adjusted by the spring seats and not by shortening or lengthening the shock's body like the HT-spec coilovers? I mean both will be fine, but I rather have the height adjusted by shortening or lengthening the shock's body. Adjustig the height by the spring seats messes with the spring rate which gives out a harsher ride from what I've seen in the past with my old car.
Yea I think your right, the teins adjust with the seat. I haven't used coilovers before so its new to me but the springs I had, I liked. With the price, the acurazinerocks code drops the price for the teins even lower but it also has free shipping. The HT's are $799 plus 50 bucks for shipping, where did you get the 623 price? are you using the "standard asian supply" for the springs?

Last edited by Evil_Pineapple; 03-25-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

With the ERS springs, the HT's are 818 shipped. The Teins are 659 Shipped
Old 03-25-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm back

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
623 shipped is with the Asian standard spring.
The following users liked this post:
SSM4DR (03-26-2012)
Old 03-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

I think that your reading to much and it's an information over load for you PINEAPPLE. Quit being such a PR and get what you can. I am quite comfortable with the A-spec. Handling is awsome and quite comfortable.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Advanced

Talking

On another note we have to get a meet started. I know money is tight for everyone. we should buy burgers , soda and chips and get together and do some grilling.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:18 PM
I like turtles

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
On another note we have to get a meet started. I know money is tight for everyone. we should buy burgers , soda and chips and get together and do some grilling.
We've got our mini-meet this week Jorge lol.. Doesn't that count?!? Steak, booze, and cars FTW!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Advanced

If I every want to have sex with her again.... I better not....hahahahaha

There's a magical food that women eat that makes them stop giving blow jobs...................it's called wedding cake
Old 03-26-2012, 09:00 AM
XpressoBeans

Originally Posted by thefatcat
There's a magical food that women eat that makes them stop giving blow jobs...................it's called wedding cake
thats why i gave up women back in 98.. .too much damn work LOL
Old 03-26-2012, 09:01 AM
XpressoBeans

Im down for that.. I am normally off Tues and Thurs with the occasional Sunday. If I work on the weekends I am normally off by 6p

Love to Grill
Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Well I finally got some time to get the TL-S out of hibernation! She's back in her normal spot in the garage now!

So now I just have to make time to get all of her new goodies put on....Aspec kit, Sarona roof spoiler, RHO-plate (front plate relocation), some more hydro-dipping of engine panels! Geez...I need to clone myself to get everything done in a day!

On a side note, only 75 more days until the KC Annual Acurazine meet!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm down for driving up one of these days....probably have to be a weekend though. During the week would be just too tough to get away from work!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I think that your reading to much and it's an information over load for you PINEAPPLE. Quit being such a PR and get what you can. I am quite comfortable with the A-spec. Handling is awsome and quite comfortable.

Your probably right.... but i like to be sure of what im buying before i give away my money. Reading the articles help me understand more. IN everyone opinion, My last question is,what is better, to adjust height with the spring seat or the shock?My last question is, what is the difference between the eibach springs for the HT's and the "standard asian"?

YES!!! we need to get a meet together

Last edited by Evil_Pineapple; 03-26-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:02 PM
XpressoBeans

Check it out, can get the updated 2012 disc for 99$... What new comes with it, i Have no idea. I am currently running version 5.5 according to my Nav But If anyone HAS this new disc speak up
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...gationMenu=YES
Old 03-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by thefatcat
What mini meet?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Advanced

Talking

:gheyfight:
thats why i gave up women back in 98.. .too much damn work LOL
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
XpressoBeans

:gheyfight:
LOL.... Nope I am not one of THOSE kinds... :theghey:

I break all the "stereotypical" B.S.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:40 PM
XpressoBeans

Exclamation

What mini meet?
I have met some "Mini Meets" In my day..

But I was going to suggest, On Monday nights in Stillwater they have a killer Taco Special (75 cent tacos I believe) and Great Chips n Salsa (free) at Acapulco and Beers that are HUGE Leines etc ( I think 3.00 ) and (Margaritas for 4.00) for cheap too. That would be a fun place to meet up and roll down the road too.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:25 PM
I like turtles

What mini meet?
Guess I'll save the steak for myself this week
Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by luckyjakob
You said you might come over sometime this week. That does not qualify for a meet. If any one else wants to come over that's cool
Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Advanced

Talking

I have met some "Mini Meets" In my day..

But I was going to suggest, On Monday nights in Stillwater they have a killer Taco Special (75 cent tacos I believe) and Great Chips n Salsa (free) at Acapulco and Beers that are HUGE Leines etc ( I think 3.00 ) and (Margaritas for 4.00) for cheap too. That would be a fun place to meet up and roll down the road too.
That sounds good but I do not know how many will attend
Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Advanced

Red face

You do not get of that easy.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Check it out, can get the updated 2012 disc for 99$... What new comes with it, i Have no idea. I am currently running version 5.5 according to my Nav But If anyone HAS this new disc speak up
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...gationMenu=YES
It still says $149 for me?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Pro

My last question is,what is better, to adjust height with the spring seat or the shock?My last question is, what is the difference between the eibach springs for the HT's and the "standard asian"?
You'll thank yourself later if you get coilovers that adjusts height by the shock's body and not by it's spring seat. My brother actually has coilovers that are adjusted by the spring seats, and when he went to lower it after driving it in the Winter. It was seized and he almost gave up, sprayed a whole can of PB blaster on them bad boys and still the rings wouldn't move. Until my other brother was like: you know what? Let's try heating it up with my heat gun and it worked. Mines on the other hand, when we lowered it after driving it in the Winter. It adjusted easily and it wasn't seized at all.

Answer to #2, the Eibach springs will ride stiffer as it's spring rates would be a tab more aggressive then the Asian supplied ones. If you're not planing on dropping it low, then IMO the striffer springs and dampening feature wouldn't be needed. I'm kind of glad that I went with the Asain supplied ones. Because even though I set the coilovers to be on the stiffer side, it still rides pretty nice. Better than the super stiff ride my 02 Accord V6 coupe with Koni yellows and Ground control coilover sleeves. And I was at 2 finger gap vs now with the HT-spec at no gap.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

You'll thank yourself later if you get coilovers that adjusts height by the shock's body and not by it's spring seat. My brother actually has coilovers that are adjusted by the spring seats, and when he went to lower it after driving it in the Winter. It was seized and he almost gave up, sprayed a whole can of PB blaster on them bad boys and still the rings wouldn't move. Until my other brother was like: you know what? Let's try heating it up with my heat gun and it worked. Mines on the other hand, when we lowered it after driving it in the Winter. It adjusted easily and it wasn't seized at all.

Answer to #2, the Eibach springs will ride stiffer as it's spring rates would be a tab more aggressive then the Asian supplied ones. If you're not planing on dropping it low, then IMO the striffer springs and dampening feature wouldn't be needed. I'm kind of glad that I went with the Asain supplied ones. Because even though I set the coilovers to be on the stiffer side, it still rides pretty nice. Better than the super stiff ride my 02 Accord V6 coupe with Koni yellows and Ground control coilover sleeves. And I was at 2 finger gap vs now with the HT-spec at no gap.
I see, that's what I was worried about was the winter. I'm thinking I'm not going to go any lower than 1.5”
Old 03-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by MN07TLS
Well I finally got some time to get the TL-S out of hibernation! She's back in her normal spot in the garage now!

So now I just have to make time to get all of her new goodies put on....Aspec kit, Sarona roof spoiler, RHO-plate (front plate relocation), some more hydro-dipping of engine panels! Geez...I need to clone myself to get everything done in a day!

On a side note, only 75 more days until the KC Annual Acurazine meet!!!
You sound so over worked to have to put all these goodies in your car. Just give them to me and i will put them on my car and save you all that work
Old 03-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Advanced

Talking

I see, that's what I was worried about was the winter. I'm thinking I'm not going to go any lower than 1.5”
So the A spec suspension will work just fine
Old 03-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Pro

Mines held up well this past Winter. Then again, it was one of the best Winters Minnesota has ever seen . I wash my car quite often especially during Winter, and always gotten the touch-less car wash with the under body spray down. I pay the monthly fee, so I go whenever. I didn't notice any rust or anything like that on my coilovers . Just the normal daily wear and tear and dirt from driving on them.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Mines held up well this past Winter. Then again, it was one of the best Winters Minnesota has ever seen . I wash my car quite often especially during Winter, and always gotten the touch-less car wash with the under body spray down. I pay the monthly fee, so I go whenever. I didn't notice any rust or anything like that on my coilovers . Just the normal daily wear and tear and dirt from driving on them.
Did you need the camber kit?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Advanced

Talking

Did you need the camber kit?
I just put mine on I have the SPC one fairly easy Had Joe adjust it at the dealer. you will probably need one you will have negative camber. I never put one on my other TL and I was getting severe wear on the insides. This after a year and a half.

Last edited by Takata 18; 03-26-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 PM
I like turtles

You said you might come over sometime this week. That does not qualify for a meet. If any one else wants to come over that's cool
Yep, how does Wednesday sound? It's supposed to be sunny and like 65 or so out.. Would be an awesome day to do a little work on the cars and enjoy some grillin!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I just put mine on I have the SPC one fairly easy Had Joe adjust it at the dealer. you will probably need one you will have negative camber. I never put one on my other TL and I was getting severe wear on the insides. This after a year and a half.
Just the rear or both?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
fu

Did I hear something about an up coming meet?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Advanced

Talking

Yep, how does Wednesday sound? It's supposed to be sunny and like 65 or so out.. Would be an awesome day to do a little work on the cars and enjoy some grillin!
That sounds good

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras