Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by MPLS
My car is not worthy yet, but if you see me on the streets give me a wave.
Not bad, . You just need: window tints, factory lip kit, and coilovers.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Takata 18
They all start one way.
You got that right.

Originally Posted by xpressobeans
Pretty rims! And pretty color Now just tint, Aspec it and wing it
Thanks! I assume you mean aspec lip kit? I've been eyeing the factory aspec kit. I ordered one of those cheap ebay subtle lip spoilers. If it looks tacky I'll be quick to cut my losses like a bad night at the bar, for about the same price.

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
Not bad, . You just need: window tints, factory lip kit, and coilovers.
Thanks! Coilovers are too low for my tastes. Will probably go with a koni and htech combo.

I don't do tints anymore. For some reason my tastes have changed and I think cars (aside from black) look better without dark tints. Maybe it's just all the tint tickets in my history talking.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Pro

Thanks! Coilovers are too low for my tastes. Will probably go with a koni and htech combo.

I don't do tints anymore. For some reason my tastes have changed and I think cars (aside from black) look better without dark tints. Maybe it's just all the tint tickets in my history talking.
The highest you can be set to on most coilover system out on the market these days. Is about a 1.5 drop. Which is the same amount most lower springs will offer you as their highest drop available. But with a good coilover system like: HT-Spec type 1's or 2's. You adjust the height by either shortening or lengthening the coilover's shock body. Doing so, you don't mess with the spring rates and the springs won't be compressed when it's not under load. Meaning the lower you go, it'll still ride smooth. But when you change wheel/tire sizes you will feel the roads more. Tint wise, 50% nano ceramic does it for me.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 AM
XpressoBeans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Locks

If you don't mind shopping online for them. I can find you the same ones I sold to Jake.

Glad to know that you're happy with them .

Sure man, what is the cost for them? I didnt know that mine come loose? I have the factory lockable ones that were on my OEM pair
Old 03-18-2012, 11:52 AM
XpressoBeans

You got that right.

Thanks! I assume you mean aspec lip kit? I've been eyeing the factory aspec kit. I ordered one of those cheap ebay subtle lip spoilers. If it looks tacky I'll be quick to cut my losses like a bad night at the bar, for about the same price.

I am saving my pennies for the Aspec Suspension decided on a big ass tattoo over it I too dont want to lower it all that much as i think its low enough as it is. After I put the RonJon 19s on it filled the wheel well up nice. The Aspec Lip Kit rocks. I had mine put on when i bought the car new. (there were zero aspec TLs available and i didnt want to wait) Had the windows tinted then too at 17% all the way around in Kansas City. I have a RX from my eye dr so the cops can kiss it.

I really like the rims you put on your TSX. are they the RDX aspecs? Did you hit up the carshow? I was really disappointed with Acura. You think they could have at least brought some tricked out TL instead of that plain Black one they had in there. No RDX or ILX either but they sure had that god awful TSX Wagon.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:55 AM
XpressoBeans

The highest you can be set to on most coilover system out on the market these days. Is about a 1.5 drop. Which is the same amount most lower springs will offer you as their highest drop available. But with a good coilover system like: HT-Spec type 1's or 2's. You adjust the height by either shortening or lengthening the coilover's shock body. Doing so, you don't mess with the spring rates and the springs won't be compressed when it's not under load. Meaning the lower you go, it'll still ride smooth. But when you change wheel/tire sizes you will feel the roads more. Tint wise, 50% nano ceramic does it for me.
I saw the photos of your ceramic tint. That looks awesome. You ever had a cop do his VLT on it? And verify they are 50? I had thought i paid for 30% tint in Kansas City on both my TL and Xterra but after having a cop check them I found I have 17% so had to have my RX changed from the Optometrist.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 PM
I like turtles

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
So I put the new wheels on yesterday.. Gotta say I'm lovin them! The tires are a bit noisy on the road, but I'm quickly getting used to it. Debating on posting pics or making you guys wait until the next meet :P
Old 03-18-2012, 06:28 PM
I like turtles

Anyone know where I can pick up some decent all-season tires for some 16's at? I'd prefer a 205/50/16, but depending on price might look at some others.. Preferably lookin for only tires, but if there are some wheel/tire combos for cheap I would be open to them as well. Bolt pattern would need to be 4x108 though as they're going on my gf's 2010 Ford Focus
Old 03-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Boosted...

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by luckyjakob
So I put the new wheels on yesterday.. Gotta say I'm lovin them! The tires are a bit noisy on the road, but I'm quickly getting used to it. Debating on posting pics or making you guys wait until the next meet :P
If your going to make us wait till the next meet to see them, you should start getting one planned then. I think by this time last year we were already signing up for the spring meet.

Anyone know where I can pick up some decent all-season tires for some 16's at? I'd prefer a 205/50/16, but depending on price might look at some others.. Preferably lookin for only tires, but if there are some wheel/tire combos for cheap I would be open to them as well. Bolt pattern would need to be 4x108 though as they're going on my gf's 2010 Ford Focus
I happen to have a good set of 205/55/16. They were on my Tl when i had my stock 16's. We can work out a deal

And I got a teaser too...
Old 03-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Pro

I saw the photos of your ceramic tint. That looks awesome. You ever had a cop do his VLT on it? And verify they are 50? I had thought i paid for 30% tint in Kansas City on both my TL and Xterra but after having a cop check them I found I have 17% so had to have my RX changed from the Optometrist.
Thanks . I haven't had a cop do a VLT on them yet. So far they don't seem to give me a hard time. I see them rolling behind me and reading my plates, but they got nothing on me. My record is just too clean lol.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by WBA-01
If your going to make us wait till the next meet to see them, you should start getting one planned then. I think by this time last year we were already signing up for the spring meet.

I happen to have a good set of 205/55/16. They were on my Tl when i had my stock 16's. We can work out a deal

Hey I love your teaserWhat is up with all these teasers. Jake I have 4 alloy rims that I can give you a deal
Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Advanced

Talking

Thanks . I haven't had a cop do a VLT on them yet. So far they don't seem to give me a hard time. I see them rolling behind me and reading my plates, but they got nothing on me. My record is just too clean lol.
They do not have to have anything on you to pull you over. It's call probable cause. I drove around the cities in my old TL and eventually I got pulled over and got told to have the tint removed I didn't but it happened.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Cruisin'

I've been on this site how long and have never found this LOCAL twin cities post ! ! !
Old 03-19-2012, 08:37 AM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by WBA-01

I'll see when the next RKC meet is and plan a meet for then

I'll post pics up tonight of them, just a pic with my phone, so it'll have to do.

As for the wheels, yeah, that'd be cool. GF needs some new tires BADLY.. We'll figure something out
Old 03-19-2012, 09:08 AM
I like turtles

Btw, new registration for the KC meet... Here are the details:

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
OK GUYS!

Here is the new registration link!

Please sign up here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...dRdGc6MQ#gid=0

I was trying to not doing a roster/list in lieu of this registration link above. You can still make a list/roster, but everybody must register so we have an accurate count of who is attending!

My sincere thanks to Buda for setting up this registration link.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
XpressoBeans

LOL I hear that dude. they get behind me all the time too. But I haven't had a ticket since 2004 and that was in Kansas City Mo. The two times I have been hassled about tint were on my way back to Fergus Falls on 94 right around Sauk Center.. Grrr
Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 AM
XpressoBeans

Special Thanks to SSM4dr I just clicked the link to the ebay listing for the Gorilla Lugs that you suggested and purchased. Will have them put on when they do the rear camber kit whenever that arrives from HeelToe
Old 03-19-2012, 10:10 AM
XpressoBeans

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6648591&type=1

Hey guys
Picked up the TL from Janik last night. He did a great job a making my ABP sparkle like new again. I almost wish I Had given him more of a challenge though (make my car a little more dirty and swirled) I guess I do pretty good preventative maintenance. Sadly found out my Exhaust tips can't be polished though And that my window visors won't hold a shine. I guess they are 7 years old though. But the Ron Jons shined up nice and the interior was like new. He's a talented kid and at 220$ I got well worth my money. I recommend him to anyone looking to get their TL shined up

http://www.wix.com/wannabedetailed/wannabedetailed
Thats the link to his website.

Last edited by xpressobeans; 03-19-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: the link didn't post.
The following users liked this post:
WannabeG (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 10:56 AM
I like turtles

Hey guys
Picked up the TL from Janik last night. He did a great job a making my ABP sparkle like new again. I almost wish I Had given him more of a challenge though (make my car a little more dirty and swirled) I guess I do pretty good preventative maintenance. Sadly found out my Exhaust tips can't be polished though And that my window visors won't hold a shine. I guess they are 7 years old though. But the Ron Jons shined up nice and the interior was like new. He's a talented kid and at 220$ I got well worth my money. I recommend him to anyone looking to get their TL shined up

Does he give discounts to forum members? If we could come to an arrangement on price I'd def get a full detail done
Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
XpressoBeans

Does he give discounts to forum members? If we could come to an arrangement on price I'd def get a full detail done
I dunno, I know I paid 220 bucks which i think was pretty reasonable.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:43 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys

The website is kinda sketchy lol. Usually just revert people to the facebook page. All the photos are on there.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wannab...33658966648591
Depending on work done, and condition of car is what the quote is done around. Usually just varies on size of vehicle though.

Also did Phantom of Acuras BMW M5 last summer.

I am really pleased with how the ABP came out. What a beautiful color!

Old 03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
XpressoBeans

Originally Posted by WannabeG
The website is kinda sketchy lol. Usually just revert people to the facebook page. All the photos are on there.

Depending on work done, and condition of car is what the quote is done around. Usually just varies on size of vehicle though.

And the ABP appreciated your loving touch.. I just wish I had more swirls for you to tackle LOL. I know I will tell people about your services. I was impressed.
WannabeG (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
XpressoBeans

I am pretty sad though that its supposed to rain the until Saturday now. Guess the TL will just have to stay in the garage and pout
WannabeG (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
I like turtles

I'll be hittin ya up soon for it. Probably more towards the mid-end of April. We'll talk then
Old 03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
8th Gear

Sounds like a plan. I am in Fargo again for a couple weeks but will be home all of summer at the beginning of May so I'll be much more readily available.

Bunch of TLs are wanting details as well it looks like. Im gonna get to know the panels of these cars pretty well lol.
xpressobeans (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I like turtles

Sounds like a plan. I am in Fargo again for a couple weeks but will be home all of summer at the beginning of May so I'll be much more readily available.

Bunch of TLs are wanting details as well it looks like. Im gonna get to know the panels of these cars pretty well lol.
Just means when I finally pull the trigger on getting it done, my TL will be extra taken care of
WannabeG (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
XpressoBeans

glad my kid could be your Guinea Pig

Looks nice
WannabeG (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I like turtles

Alright Jorge.. no more teasers from here. Here is a pic of the new setup.. Taken from my iPhone though..

Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Cruisin'

I am looking to only lower the car about 1-1.25 inches. Koni shocks with a htech spring will give me about that much. Or possibly the aspec suspension will come close. I'm thinking I'll do some research on the ceramic tints and think about a slight tint.

I am saving my pennies for the Aspec Suspension decided on a big ass tattoo over it I too dont want to lower it all that much as i think its low enough as it is. After I put the RonJon 19s on it filled the wheel well up nice. The Aspec Lip Kit rocks. I had mine put on when i bought the car new. (there were zero aspec TLs available and i didnt want to wait) Had the windows tinted then too at 17% all the way around in Kansas City. I have a RX from my eye dr so the cops can kiss it.

I really like the rims you put on your TSX. are they the RDX aspecs? Did you hit up the carshow? I was really disappointed with Acura. You think they could have at least brought some tricked out TL instead of that plain Black one they had in there. No RDX or ILX either but they sure had that god awful TSX Wagon.
What design did you get for your tat?

The RonJons look great!

My rims are the same as the RDX aspecs but they are made for the 2nd Gen TSX. I wanted to stay with a factory look but 17s weren't quite big enough. Plus the curb rash from the previous owner made me

Didn't make it to the auto show but sounds like I didn't miss too much (from Acura anyway).
Old 03-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Pro

I detail my own car every chance I get, which is very often on the nice weather seasons. I haven't really detailed other people's rides but family members and some co worker's rides. But from their feed backs, my work is awesome. Not to be in competition with WannabeG, but if any of you guys may be interested in my work just pm me.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by solofuz
I've been on this site how long and have never found this LOCAL twin cities post ! ! !
Yes some of us have been here longer than you and we are all OK with out your comments If you do not like this post take your and else were
Old 03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Pro

Jorge

This one is for Jorge . My front wheels...
Old 03-19-2012, 07:52 PM
8th Gear

Those ronjons look sharp!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
I like turtles

Glad to see you replaced your Lexus center caps

Those ronjons look sharp!
Thanks! They've got a bit of curb rash on them, but can't complain about the price and overall look!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Pro

Glad to see you replaced your Lexus center caps
I didn't want to run 3-5mm wheel spacers or trim my hub. So the rears still has the other center caps on them. The 19x10's in the rear are just too concave and it makes the hub stick just a tab too much to fit neither the OEM Acura or the maker of my new wheel's center caps. I will need some more fender work to clear without rubbing in the rear if I put 3-5mm wheel spacers in.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Advanced

Talking

Its about time you show your tease I have seen them before not on your car.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I like turtles

I didn't want to run 3-5mm wheel spacers or trim my hub. So the rears still has the other center caps on them. The 19x10's in the rear are just too concave and it makes the hub stick just a tab too much to fit neither the OEM Acura or the maker of my new wheel's center caps. I will need some more fender work to clear without rubbing in the rear if I put 3-5mm wheel spacers in.

Ahh okay. Any idea when you're going to get it done?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:42 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Its about time you show your tease I have seen them before not on your car.
Yes, I bought them off my brother with the black IS350. These wheels just look so good on my car's color.

Ahh okay. Any idea when you're going to get it done?
For now I don't really want to mess around with my new set up. I mean I can throw my 15mm wheel spacers all around and give it a more aggressive stance. But with MN roads and other issues I may have to deal with taking that path. I'll just do without it for now .
Old 03-20-2012, 10:03 AM
XpressoBeans

I am looking to only lower the car about 1-1.25 inches. Koni shocks with a htech spring will give me about that much. Or possibly the aspec suspension will come close. I'm thinking I'll do some research on the ceramic tints and think about a slight tint.

What design did you get for your tat?

The RonJons look great!

My rims are the same as the RDX aspecs but they are made for the 2nd Gen TSX. I wanted to stay with a factory look but 17s weren't quite big enough. Plus the curb rash from the previous owner made me

Didn't make it to the auto show but sounds like I didn't miss too much (from Acura anyway).
Yea the acura exhibit was pretty lame at the autoshow. I am getting a quarter sleeve koi fish setting. Lots of colors and depth. I am pretty stoked. Kinda spendy but the dude at Leviticus is doing an amazing job.

I think the Ron Jons rock too. Thanks man!
I had debated on aspec rims but the ron jons were far too good of a deal to pass up.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:03 AM
XpressoBeans

Alright Jorge.. no more teasers from here. Here is a pic of the new setup.. Taken from my iPhone though..

Looks nice! The Gunmetal Inspyres compliment your black car nicely.
Now you just needs some aspec skirts

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras