Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia
View Poll Results: Location of Acurazine East Coast Meet
DC Suburbs
35.11%
Maryland International Raceway (Mechanicsville, MD)
6.38%
Virginia Beach
19.15%
North Carolina
34.04%
Other (Post location in your post)
5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Acurazine East Coast Mega Meet - Postponed till next year

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009 | 10:54 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Here are the threads from the VA Beach meet we did in 2007.
Planning Thread
https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/east-coast-acurazine-mega-meet-bbq-va-beach-june-16th-360769/
Pics Thread
https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/pics-east-coast-mega-meet-va-beach-367965/

I don't remember what the final count was but we had 109 cars on the list to start. So technically, we beat the West Coast to it. East Coast Rules!! Just kidding, there's no competition...we're all on the same team.
Old 07-22-2009 | 11:04 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

BTW, I don't know how people like East Coast Mega Meet. I know it's kind of generic but that's what it used to be called years ago and I tried to keep it going in 2007.
Old 07-22-2009 | 11:19 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Wasnt that what the meet in Richmond was called back in May? Or was that the East Coast Honda Meet?
Old 07-22-2009 | 11:23 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I guess we could call it East Coast Acurazine Meet just to make sure we're not taking a name that has already been claimed by someone.
Old 07-22-2009 | 11:49 AM
Low is a Lifestyle.

how bout ECAR: East Coast Acura Run. haha we could have freaking huge caravans LOL.
Old 07-22-2009 | 11:57 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

That would be awesome. 100+ Acuras all driving down the road. Thats gotta get someones attention.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:04 PM
Racer

Whats up guys, I would be down for this meet as well! I know alot of people at Rosenthal Acura, I ran this by one of the sale managers that Im cool with, and they said it should be no problem giving us a sponser. He was going to run it by Rosenthal himself to see what he thinks and he said he would get back to me. Also, I talked to my mechanic who owns his own shop and he is also willing to do a lil sponsership! And I agree with L' TL, that it should be in the suburbs or the outskirts of DC, but I do Like VA as well!!! Just my 2 cents!
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:08 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

East Coast Connection Acurazine Style <----- Kind of long though

or Acura East Coast Connection
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:09 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Best news of this thread yet, sponsorship would be big. I also think that the general consensus is to meet somewhere in the suburbs or outside of DC
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:13 PM
Needs wheels

I would vote for a destination like TOTD or VA Beach. If VA had such a big turnout, and FL is planning on 70+ this weekend and GA is planning on 50+ this weekend, this can be truly epic if everyone combines. I just think it would be nice to plan it at a place with more than dirty cities (and I'm from Baltimore)
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:19 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

Is there a place big enough in VA beach to host something like this plus traffic? Its been since senior week since I have been down towards that way.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:26 PM
Low is a Lifestyle.

:/ idk about you guys, but 50-70 is a really crappy turnout for a "huge" event. before the long island meets got shut down we had about 400 to 500 cars every thursday night, not acuras, but still. if we have a "mega meet" we got to have a list of at least 150. i wouldnt drive out to va/md for a 70 car meet and im sure other people in ny wouldnt either. so with that being said, i think there should be a list before we even go looking for sponsors. so pick a date/time so we can get a definite list going (no maybes).
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:30 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

Originally Posted by CGP CL9
:/ idk about you guys, but 50-70 is a really crappy turnout for a "huge" event. before the long island meets got shut down we had about 400 to 500 cars every thursday night, not acuras, but still. if we have a "mega meet" we got to have a list of at least 150. i wouldnt drive out to va/md for a 70 car meet and im sure other people in ny wouldnt either. so with that being said, i think there should be a list before we even go looking for sponsors. so pick a date/time so we can get a definite list going (no maybes).
Well one step at a time. We can't just go from a 70 car meet to a 200 overnight. Plus I think the biggest reason the East Coast meet is going on is to finally put some faces to the names. I think 100+ cars is a mega meet especially if all of them were Acuras.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:30 PM
*WFC #162*

I would love for everyone on the east coast to make this, but I think having it in the DC area is gonna rule out ALOT of the guys south of NC/SC which is quite a bit of big name guys on here. Elegant typeS, Trew, I love my TL-S and others. DC is like a 12+hr drive for those guys. I feel like this might be starting to cater to the northern AZ guys a little bit by trying to get more north of Richmond so there drive is only 5-6 hrs. If you actually look on the map of the entire east coast,central NC is actually right smack dab in the middle. And I'm not just saying that cause I live here. I'm just trying to include EVERYONE on the East Coast. Just my . I also think this thing shouldn't be rushed so it's not a FAIL. West coast guys said it took them a couple of months of planning to get AcuraFest to what it was and what us on the East Coast inspire for this to be.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:31 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

did someone delete my post?

I suggested AC, NJ...
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:33 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

Originally Posted by BoBByLiGhT83
I would love for everyone on the east coast to make this, but I think having it in the DC area is gonna rule out ALOT of the guys south of NC/SC which is quite a bit of big name guys on here. Elegant typeS, Trew, I love my TL-S and others. DC is like a 12+hr drive for those guys. I feel like this might be starting to cater to the northern AZ guys a little bit by trying to get more north of Richmond so there drive is only 5-6 hrs. If you actually look on the map of the entire east coast,central NC is actually right smack dab in the middle. And I'm not just saying that cause I live here. I'm just trying to include EVERYONE on the East Coast. Just my . I also think this thing shouldn't be rushed so it's not a FAIL. West coast guys said it took them a couple of months of planning to get AcuraFest to what it was and what us on the East Coast inspire for this to be.
Well thats why people are throwing around spots and places that we can potentionally have meets and hopefully get some sponsors out for it. I think it is going to be up to the guys from NC and Virginia area to find a spot that is able to accomadate and provide for this meet.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:34 PM
boost owns

Aren't VA police pretty modded-car unfriendly? I'm not sure I'd want to take my TSX there based on what I've heard.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:36 PM
There is a TL & GL in

Originally Posted by Audioserf
Aren't VA police pretty modded-car unfriendly? I'm not sure I'd want to take my TSX there based on what I've heard.
What have you heard? ... lol the only place i steer away from is part of DC, Roads in northern va are fine besides ongoing construction but pothole wise its not bad at all.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Like i said earlier Va Beach is actualy smack dab in the middle, it takes 10-11 hours for FL ppl to get there and the same for New Hampshire/Connecticuit PPL (dont thnk we have anyone from Maine but i could b wrong) no one is trying to cater but NC is too far for sure. It take me (from DC) a little less than 6 hours to get to NC. It would be up to the guys down in VA/NC to find us a spot and possibly a sponsor.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:41 PM
There is a TL & GL in

as a preliminary location i think va beach is a very promising candidate because it has a beach and a crap load of hotels. Can we get a feeler of how many people from what states are willing to go to va beach for a meet.

"I would drive to VIRGINIA BEACH for a really BIG meet"
1. MONKEY
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:43 PM
There is a TL & GL in

Audioserf: my bad i read your post totally wrong. you are talking about the cops... they have a bad rep but i havent run into any issues with them...
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:44 PM
There is a TL & GL in

Virginia laws are pretty strict on mods but if you are out of state i dont think they can really say anything... We have alot of locals in NOVA area that have out of state tags and they seem to get away with everything....
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:46 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

Does anybody have a link to spots of where they think are potential places would be good that way we can start surveying the area and the surround areas and maybe talk to a local Acura dealership.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:53 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

There are defintely places in VA Beach that could accomodate a huge meet (200+ cars).
As for people not wanting to come unless it's a big meet...that's a tough situation. Unless people from farther away start saying they will come, then it will never be a huge meet. If you're waiting to see the list at 100+ before you add your name, you're not really helping the cause. Of course I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to come to a meet with like 10 people. There are a lot of modded cars here in Va Beach and for the most part they don't get bothered. There are certain laws that need to be followed of course and we can explain all that if we end up having the meet in Va Beach. I think NC could be a good idea too, but I don't know of any places that are populated enough that would have enough options for hotels and other attractions.
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:56 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by BoBByLiGhT83
It's a long coast, I'm not saying DC or VA is definite, however the meet will depend on certain factors, including people that are willing to step forward and organize the meet, sponsorships are where people are able to get them from, as well as a venue that will support 100+ cars, etc. I think once we get a few potential venues and sponsors, we could have a vote for the final location
Old 07-22-2009 | 12:58 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

We could always starts with the vendors that we have here and then branch out. Which vendors on Acurazine are located on the East Coast. I know that Marcus from Heel Toe and Mike from ATLP made the 4-5 hour drive out with some of their products as well as raffling off some parts too.
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:00 PM

"I would drive to VIRGINIA BEACH for a really BIG meet"
1. MONKEY-VA
2.CLtotheTl32-NC

I added what state I'm coming from. I thought it would be a nice addition so we can figure out how many from each state we can expect.
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:02 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Acurazine East Coast Meet Location

Not trying to steal anyones thunder by posting this but I thought it would be a good idea to post a poll on places were we could have our meet. Once we have that figured out, we can find a specific location (like a park etc.) depending on what the locals think would work best. Ideally, we want to make it a central location where we would get the best turn out. Here are the option so far:
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:05 PM
boost owns

Where's the poll?
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:05 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by Audioserf
Where's the poll?
You checked to quick...I was still creating it.
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:07 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I posted a poll thread...not trying to steel anyones thunder, I just figured if we're actually gonna make this happen we need to nail down a location.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736827
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:09 PM
*WFC #162*

Originally Posted by snowman81
There are defintely places in VA Beach that could accomodate a huge meet (200+ cars).
As for people not wanting to come unless it's a big meet...that's a tough situation. Unless people from farther away start saying they will come, then it will never be a huge meet. If you're waiting to see the list at 100+ before you add your name, you're not really helping the cause. Of course I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to come to a meet with like 10 people. There are a lot of modded cars here in Va Beach and for the most part they don't get bothered. There are certain laws that need to be followed of course and we can explain all that if we end up having the meet in Va Beach. I think NC could be a good idea too, but I don't know of any places that are populated enough that would have enough options for hotels and other attractions.
Raleigh has plenty of places to accomodate 200+ cars. Just for example, my mustang club just held a July 4th car show at the NC State fair grounds and had almost 500 cars. As far as attractions, what more do you need than 100-200+ Acura's all in one spot. Hotels are a dime a dozen around here. It is the capital city. Quite a few import performance shops that would prob jump at the chance to sponsor, as well as a very good Acura dealership that would love to have that kind of publicity. Just throwing it out there. I work in VA beach 2 times a week, it is a nice area and plenty big so no discredit there. Of course there is always Myrtle Beach
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:12 PM
boost owns

Voted NC because I think it's got the most potential to draw NE & SE people, although I would prefer it be further north. I would go to NC, though.
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:21 PM
Burning Brakes

FYI....I added a link to this thread in the Acurazine East Coast Mega Meet thread in the Southeast section. Hopefully we will see where the majority of the interest is
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:21 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Yeah, I though about Raleigh/Rocky Mount and it's actually pretty damn close to right in the middle. We would have to have some locals that would be willing to take the responsibilty of setting most of the meet up. I voted VA Beach because i wouldn't mind setting it up, with the assistance of some of the other guys that I am pretty sure wouldn't mind putting this together.
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:26 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Raleigh...centally located on the east coast, near 95, other stuff to do for those staying over.
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:28 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by MD03CL-S
FYI....I added a link to this thread in the Acurazine East Coast Mega Meet thread in the Southeast section. Hopefully we will see where the majority of the interest is
Thanks...I didn't even think of that. I also added it to the Northeast section.
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:37 PM
Needs wheels

I still think Tail of the Dragon should be a consideration, a mountain run would be a fun option to have....but I like the VA Beach option too...
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:38 PM
*WFC #162*

I live in Raleigh, along with a few other guys on here. I think between the 4 of us we could get some things set up. Along with the help of Faiz, since this was his idea, and any others who want to help. The fair grounds is a great place to have it.Check it out http://www.ncstatefair.org .Right in the middle of Raleigh. Plenty of bathrooms. Lots of parking. We can rent a part of the grounds like we did for the Mustang meet. Depending on the size it ranges from about $150-$300 for the whole day. My buddy does BBQ cooking contest and can prob do all the grilling for us. Like I said, this is just some thoughts. Just want it to be resonable to everyone on the EC
Old 07-22-2009 | 01:40 PM
*WFC #162*

Originally Posted by chill_dog
raleigh...centally located on the east coast, near 95, other stuff to do for those staying over.
+1

Quick Reply: Acurazine East Coast Mega Meet - Postponed till next year