Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia
View Poll Results: Location of Acurazine East Coast Meet
DC Suburbs
35.11%
Maryland International Raceway (Mechanicsville, MD)
6.38%
Virginia Beach
19.15%
North Carolina
34.04%
Other (Post location in your post)
5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Acurazine East Coast Mega Meet - Postponed till next year

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009 | 11:31 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Haha, I was going crosseyed reading that, but I agree 100%.
Old 07-30-2009 | 11:39 AM
j1n
Pro

Originally Posted by lil_turbo4
Okay, I need everybody to listen up!!! Please read very carefully what Im about to say! I dont really care where we have this meet, Im down for whatever, I do know this if we have the meet in NC then the next time we plan for this meet it will be moved to a location around the Va, DC area or if the meet is in DC area this time, it will be moved the next time to NC, I think thats only fair to everybody. I know everybody is going to be like, well I dont want to drive that far, but when I look at other forums, people dont have a problem or make excues about its to far and this and that! And they always switch it up. And I can be honest with most of you, The meet would not be directly in DC, for one there is no parking, the streets are nothing but pot holes and there to many traffic lights! When we say DC area, we mean surrounding DC not directly in DC for Example: Maryland (Montgomery or Prince Georges Counties) If we have it up here, I dont mind help organizing, or taking over the Organizing. I just need help trying to find a place holding alot of cars, I know L's TL can help me with that! I do have to Sponors that will help with the event, An Actual Acura Dealership and The shop I go to, to get my car worked on! Im sure I can get more, but Im just holding at 2 right now! The more we try to figure out where we going to have, the less more people will be interested. We need to hurry up and get to the bottom of this location deal and in a hurry! We are a bunch of adults, it doesnt take that long to come up with a location!
You know any good locations around the DC area? If you find a good spot im sure we can agree upon it. as of now its just people suggesting where to have it but no1 has an actual spot yet.
Old 07-30-2009 | 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

completely agree with the long post, if we set up this meet in one area, the next meet we can plan closer to the other area, everyone acts like this is a 1 time, end all meet which it's not
Old 07-30-2009 | 08:27 PM
boost 3G

it wont be a a one time thing it actually turns out good the first time...but no ny/ct guys or southeast guys are really saying much about it...including me lol but its mostly just mid atlantic guys...i think it would be best to just pick a location either DC or NC depending on if anyone from those areas will take the lead and actually plan it out...seems like DC area guys are willing to plan it out so just go with DC unless NC guys step and say they will plan it out

im in TN and richmond alone is 9 hrs away so DC will be 10+ alone for me so imagine for the FL guys
Old 07-30-2009 | 08:37 PM
lowrider

i think that makes perfect since. and honestly to me i dont care how far i drive..its about our cars why not take a road trip caravaning with everyone on the highway. and next time we can do it closer to the ones who drove far this time..my friend mike drove frmo atlanta ga to maryland for maxus09 by himself..doesnt regret it one bit..we just need to pic the place and start planning so people can schedule around this and we have a good turnout!! and if you feel like its far just remember next year we all have to drive far and you wont!!

we should worry about planning the dates and getting a good turnout in a good location thats convinent and versus driving distance..if more people come the longer drive is more worth it but the longer we wait the harder for ppl to get off work and be able to make a trip out of it
not to mention people will have to book hotel rooms in advance to make sure there are availabilities
Old 07-30-2009 | 08:40 PM
lowrider

maryland international raceway is the track my buddy went to maxus09 at and they rented the track for the meet..he had a blast we can run quarter miles...
Old 07-30-2009 | 08:43 PM
lowrider

i voted nc but i will drive as far as i need im an enthusiast why wouldnt i. and i hope my ATL crew will be deep caravining to the where ever we go..so ime xcited for the drive too

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=736639&page=2
theres a track in NC and the maxus09.com has all the info about the track in maryland and what they did
Old 07-31-2009 | 04:24 PM
*WFC #162*

Seems like DC and NC are deadlocked. I'd be more than happy to organize something if NC was chosen. I live in Raleigh along with a few other guys on here. But I'm not gonna put in the effort to get sponsors and other stuff if the list of people coming is gonna be small.
Old 07-31-2009 | 04:32 PM

^Agreed.

Him and I would have no problem with setting it up. Maybe open another poll on just NC and DC and see which way it goes. It looks to me that Virginia Beach is kind of out of the question now. If another one was opened, all of the people that voted for VA beach would be able to choose between the two choices and it may change the deadlock. Just my
Old 07-31-2009 | 04:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

^I could care less If it is in Maryland, DC, or North Carolina since I'm fortunate enough to be right in the middle of those locations being in Richmond, VA. Honestly I'm not worried about the drive to any of these locations but since Richmond and the surrounding area is dead-center inbetween these two locations why isn't anybody talking about a meet here? just makes sense since it really is smack-dab in the middle... just my but it really doesnt matter to me either way because I'm still going to drive wherever the meet is (NC, or Maryland) rain or shine as long as school allows!
Old 07-31-2009 | 06:23 PM
lowrider

If noone seems to care much about driving lets go ahead and decide where get a list of people going started. and get dates so we can get this ball on the road because if we wait to long it wont work and no one will be able to come
Old 07-31-2009 | 06:25 PM
lowrider

East Coast Mega Meet-Wherever we decide since i don't care who far i have to drive!!

1. Mister_TL
Old 07-31-2009 | 09:22 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

The meet should be some where sweet,like the new Zmax drag strip at lowes motor speed way Concord NC.The track is brand new and and has a huge parking lot,plenty of bathrooms,consessions,even a shuttle from the lot to the track
And if I remember correctly there's just about anything you need with in 10-15minutes,restraunts,hotels,stores,etc. Come on NC guys this would be a good place.

Last edited by richardparker; 07-31-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-31-2009 | 09:33 PM

Dragway Fact Sheet

Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Unique Feature: Only four-lane, all concrete quarter-mile dragway surface
Length: 3,835 feet (1,345 feet of concrete)
Shutdown Length: 2,515 feet
Width of Dragway: 60 feet
Dragway Acreage: 125 acres
Elevation: 630 feet
Seating Capacity: Approximately 30,000
Luxury Suites: 11 in Dragway Tower and 17 on top of John ForceGrandstands
Lighting: Musco
Sanction: National Hot Rod Association
Old 07-31-2009 | 11:17 PM
Clemson Tiger

Originally Posted by bigeshorte45
^I could care less If it is in Maryland, DC, or North Carolina since I'm fortunate enough to be right in the middle of those locations being in Richmond, VA. Honestly I'm not worried about the drive to any of these locations but since Richmond and the surrounding area is dead-center inbetween these two locations why isn't anybody talking about a meet here? just makes sense since it really is smack-dab in the middle... just my but it really doesnt matter to me either way because I'm still going to drive wherever the meet is (NC, or Maryland) rain or shine as long as school allows!
I agree about Richmond, just makes sense so that people on both ends are happy. Is there a good location there though?

Originally Posted by Mister_TL
If noone seems to care much about driving lets go ahead and decide where get a list of people going started. and get dates so we can get this ball on the road because if we wait to long it wont work and no one will be able to come
Well so far, the date of Oct. 10-11th is winning in the date poll. Should we let that go a little longer before making a decision?

And we need a location thread with the choice between DC/NC/Richmond so that we can see things better
Old 08-01-2009 | 12:18 AM
lowrider

Originally Posted by Jake 6MT
I agree about Richmond, just makes sense so that people on both ends are happy. Is there a good location there though?

Well so far, the date of Oct. 10-11th is winning in the date poll. Should we let that go a little longer before making a decision?

And we need a location thread with the choice between DC/NC/Richmond so that we can see things better
we can let it go a little longer. theres only 30 people that have voted. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE WHO ARE DOWN!!!! come on guys it will be a lot of fun and we are enthusiasts aren't we??

and i could care less where it is. i personally think we need to try and rent a drag strip of some sort so we can get some times in and make it more fun. and with enough people it will be cheap. and id say monday or so we do a new pole with the those 3 locations.
Old 08-01-2009 | 12:23 AM
lowrider

if anyone has a drag way in mind. you should call and try to speak someone about what were trying to do and see how possible that would be. or give me the names and i will do it. because if we call we might be able to use one and it would be easy to do so that would help our final decision about where if we have a drag strip thats willing to help us out
Old 08-01-2009 | 12:47 AM

if anyone has a drag way in mind. you should call and try to speak someone about what were trying to do and see how possible that would be. or give me the names and i will do it. because if we call we might be able to use one and it would be easy to do so that would help our final decision about where if we have a drag strip thats willing to help us out
I will call and ask a few questions.
Old 08-01-2009 | 02:42 AM
lowrider

Originally Posted by richardparker
I will call and ask a few questions.
Excellent! Thanks for the help! Are you located in NC and is Lowes Motor Speedway the one you are calling?
Old 08-01-2009 | 11:29 AM

Excellent! Thanks for the help! Are you located in NC and is Lowes Motor Speedway the one you are calling?
I am located in NC about a hour west of the track.
I did call,but I can not talk to a event cordinator till monday morning.I will call and find out some details.The person I did talk to said they could help me put any type of event together at any size.They can even help advertise.What kind of buget is the Azine meet prepared to shell out.Thats probally going to be the biggest factor.I will get alot of answers on monday.Such as group cost,cost per person.How much to rent the track for the day/by the hour.Or piggy back another event.
If there's any questions anyone can think of to ask,post them and I will call monday.
I'm just trying to add a share of help.
Old 08-01-2009 | 11:39 AM

Thanks for the help man!

Ill give a call to a few places here in the Richmond area and see if I can get anything.

So we are planning this for Oct 10-11?
Old 08-01-2009 | 07:15 PM
98 A32 KH3

just voted dc suburbs.... maryland internation raceway (MIR) is not far...
Old 08-01-2009 | 08:28 PM
lowrider

Originally Posted by MROTH
just voted dc suburbs.... maryland internation raceway (MIR) is not far...
Isn't Maryland raceway where Maxus09 was? if so they are already down to allow groups like us to come use their facility and help make this thing more fun. If its the same one, you should find out on the org what it cost yall
Old 08-01-2009 | 08:58 PM

Isn't Maryland raceway where Maxus09 was? if so they are already down to allow groups like us to come use their facility and help make this thing more fun. If its the same one, you should find out on the org what it cost yall
Id love for this to happen at a track or someplace where we'd do something else other then eat.
Old 08-01-2009 | 11:22 PM
Drifting

i like the idea of the track in NC.
Old 08-02-2009 | 05:46 PM
Advanced

^+1
Old 08-02-2009 | 08:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

aight guys, i'm tired of this going nowhere, somebody pick a place for the meet, to me, G-force carts in Richmond, VA is the obvious place to meet since it really is in the MIDDLE. i dont care where, someone make a decision so we can move forward. some people won't be able to make it but thats just how shit goes. theres always the next year for another location. PLEASE PICK SOMEWHERE TO MEET SO WE CAN MOVE ON.
Old 08-02-2009 | 08:56 PM
Pro

I wanted to weigh in on this topic. Imao..we should really consider Maryland International Raceway! I think there's a better chance of getting sponsors to attend..they would probably help with promotion and there's plenty of room to make it a huge event! We would also have access to the track for time runs. Since Va. and MD. has a huge Honda and Acura population...people would come in droves if we kept it open. I know you guys wouldn't mind seeing some fast cars going down the track. We wouldn't have to worry so much about food because they have concessions. They have restrooms. You honestly can't beat this location! As an added bonus...if the event is a success...Maryland International Raceway might make this an annual event!! Think it over people.
Old 08-02-2009 | 09:12 PM

Everyone would probally be down for a meet at any strip.Talk to the event coridinator and see what you can work out.I will be doing the same tommorow for the NC track.

Last edited by richardparker; 08-02-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2009 | 10:07 PM
lowrider

i feel like the farther north we go the more people will attend. the dc and new york guys dont wanna seem to drive to far and there is a track which would make it a REALLY fun weekend please call the tracks tomorrow cause whichever one helps the most we should go with. and we need a list of attendies so this thing gets going cause maxus09 had like 170 people and i dont see us having too many folks at the moment .
Old 08-03-2009 | 01:15 AM
Clemson Tiger

Sounds like we have some good options.

The track in NC looks awesome, the track in MD seems to be popular, and I'm up for some go karting if G-Force wins (plus thats a really central place)
Old 08-03-2009 | 12:19 PM
Instructor

Old 08-03-2009 | 12:22 PM
Instructor

^look yall I put in the whereabouts of the place that were are talking about the most..(yes I forgot the NC track sorry)..but as you can see they are all with in some what closeness of each other and that area is definitely located in the middle of the coast..
Old 08-03-2009 | 12:26 PM
Clemson Tiger

^ We don't really need to show 95 up to Maine though since the north most people we've gotten were in NY/CT
Old 08-03-2009 | 01:47 PM
Instructor

I didnt do it on purpose it was the only east coast map I could find that showed the major cities
Old 08-03-2009 | 04:51 PM
Racer

I hate to rain on everybody's parade! But we all talked about this East coast meet at the VA beach meet, and we think that it would be best to try and have this meet next year around June or july, I think thats only fair to everybody since its short notice. Its already Aug, and we are trying to plan a huge meet in the next month or 2. I think thats a bit much. By next year, we should have date and a place, and plus everybody can get there days off or vaction to come up here or whatever the case maybe! What do yall think? I think we should do that instead of trying to rush this thing!
Old 08-03-2009 | 04:51 PM
Advanced

I vote g-force...it would be fun to go karting..2nd vote is nc track
Old 08-03-2009 | 06:14 PM
Instructor

noooo! were doing this, 2 months is fine ppl just need to stop pussy footing and we need to pick shit and be done with it
Old 08-03-2009 | 07:10 PM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by jrb9790
noooo! were doing this, 2 months is fine ppl just need to stop pussy footing and we need to pick shit and be done with it
lil turbo4 i told you this would happen.

jrb9790 noooo! were doing this, 2 months is fine ppl just need to stop pussy footing and we need to pick shit and be done with it

Old 08-03-2009 | 07:48 PM
*WFC #162*

This shit is getting old... If you want this to be a "mega meet" then you need to take more than 2 months to plan and give everyone that wants to attend time to plan for it. If you want to rush it then so be it, but you will get 1/8th of the people that you would if you gave it a little time and didn't rush it.

In the mustang world, we have a yearly meet/get-together called Mustang week in Myrtle beach. It takes almost the whole year to organize this thing and we get people from all up and down the east coast and mid west. Had over 2000 cars in attendance and over 5000 spectators this year alone.

So if you want this to be a big deal and show the west coast what we are all about, then don't rush it. Otherwise they're just gonna laugh at us.

Quick Reply: Acurazine East Coast Mega Meet - Postponed till next year