View Poll Results: What do you like Better?
Accord Concept Rims and Bodykit
73.97%
2004 Acura TL A-Spec Bodykit and Rims
26.03%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Honda: Accord News

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 465 Likes on 198 Posts
I've seen white Accords around my area with Dual exhausts and the 18" Sport rims.

All that there are around me is Sport Accords in Silver, Grey, and white. All with the 18" Si-looking rims and dual exhaust. I haven't been close enough to the white ones to see if they have the Sport Emblem though.

Either they're EX-L V6's with the Sport rims or someone is adding the Dual exhaust and Sport rims to a EX+ White Accord.

I'm located in NC, so maybe some dealers get white Sports and others don't... who knows.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:28 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmy18
Either they're EX-L V6's with the Sport rims or someone is adding the Dual exhaust and Sport rims to a EX+ White Accord.

I'm located in NC, so maybe some dealers get white Sports and others don't... who knows.
Honda offers the Accord Sport in white. It only comes as a CVT. There's no manual option which is what 00TL-P3.2 wants.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 465 Likes on 198 Posts
My mistake.

Kinda wish Honda would custom build cars to our order. Of course with a higher price then whats on the lot..
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
So the UAE Accord Sport comes in a V6, gets different rims and paddle shifters. It doesn't get a hp boost or a sport suspension unfortunately - but I wish Honda would make the paddle shifters available, even if it was only an option.

A 6MT would be the best obviously - but for me the paddler shifters would be better than nothing, especially considering it is already possibly on the car, just not offered in the NA spec Accord.

The UAE Accords also get:

- Dark wood trim in the dash
- Power folding side mirrors
- AUTO up/down on all windows
- Rear Sunshade
- Parking Sensors pre-installed
- Full size spare tire

Found here: http://motegi.vtec.net/forums/one-me...age_id=1128349
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DTV1...ature=youtu.be

I'm waiting for the TLX, but I think if the NA Spec Accord had the paddle shifters, and some of the other features from the UAE Accord like the rear sunshade, and power folding side mirrors it would likely be enough to make me grab an Accord now instead of waiting for the TLX.

Agreed on custom built Hondas - wish I could order one with some of the options not available in the US .. they're all built in Ohio, so it wouldn't be impossible to do.

Been watching threads on other forums to see if people are able to figure out a paddle shifter mod for the Accord V6 touring.

Last edited by LiQiCE; 05-02-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:04 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,128 Likes on 2,564 Posts
Originally Posted by AZuser
Honda offers the Accord Sport in white. It only comes as a CVT. There's no manual option which is what 00TL-P3.2 wants.

I was curious so I checked and yeah a 6MT Accord Sport is only available in black and gray. Pretty restrictive but I like the new Accord in black.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

This review makes me want to go out and buy this car
The following users liked this post:
F23A4 (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
AV6 6MT is one of the most underrated coupes in the market. If I were in the market for a new coupe at the $30k mark, I can't think of a better choice.
SatinSilverAV6 (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Arrow Cnet

The good: With its V-6 engine, 6-speed gearbox, and great handling, the 2013 Honda Accord Coupe is way more fun than a car this size should be. The cabin tech system check all of the right boxes for audio sources and features basic app integration with Aha and Pandora. Honda's LaneWatch camera takes getting used to, but is very useful.

The bad: Multiscreened infotainment system can be confusing and awkward to use. Active driver aid technologies, such as blind-spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, and adaptive cruise are missing from the options list.

The bottom line: The 2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 is a big step in the right direction for Honda, with great performance and good tech, but we worry that all of these virtues may not trickle down to the rest of the brand.
Is it too early to say that Honda's got its groove back? Maybe, but that doesn't discount how much the 2013 Accord Coupe V-6 feels like a return to form for the Honda brand. It's attractive. It's design is thoughtful. Most importantly, it's actually fun to drive.

Cabin tech
We've seen Honda's new dashboard interface before in the Accord sedan and in the new Acura RLX (albeit, highly modified and reskinned for the premium brand).

In our navigation-equipped Accord Coupe, the infotainment system actually consists of 2 color LCDs and 2 different control schemes that work together. The main screen is standard to all Accord models and is an 8-inch display that sits at the top of the dashboard outside of the driver's reach. It's not touch sensitive and is controlled by a large control knob located low on the center stack, which is an odd placement. It's not as easily reachable as the center console placement that the German manufacturers have favored recently, not as visible as the high placement favored by Nissan/Infiniti, and requires a bit of reaching around the shift knob depending on the chosen gear.

The main screen is where the the majority of the driver's interactions occur, its interface split into 4 modes (navigation, phone, audio, and info) each accessible via a hardware button located near the control knob. Honda's interface is greatly improved in this generation; every function is easy to find and, with a few exceptions that I'll nitpick in a bit, I like what I see.

The 2nd, smaller display sits lower in the dash and juts out from the dashboard a bit, making its touch screen easy for the driver to reach. However, the purpose of this 2nd touch-sensitive display left me feeling a bit confused for the 1st few days with the Accord. Mostly, it just displays metadata for the currently playing audio source and offers additional controls. I was convinced that most of the functions accessible on this 2nd screen could have been more elegantly solved with more clever integration into the main display.

Our Accord featured 2 displays that sometimes worked together and sometimes seemed redundant.
(Credit: Josh Miller/CNET)

But on the 2nd day of my testing, I went to input a destination into the main screen's navigation system and the audio controls on the touch screen were replaced with an input keyboard. Honda also gives drivers the option of using the control knob to select alphanumerics on the main screen, but with the keyboard right there, inputting destinations was quick and easy. While taking advantage of, for example, the Pandora app integration, the 2nd screen allows for quick browsing of stations and rating songs without leaving the navigation interface on the main screen. The HondaLink Aha Radio integration works similarly. In these instances, what at 1st seemed like an overcomplication of what should have just been skip and pause buttons becomes a configurable interface that puts a lot of flexibility at the driver's fingertips.

However, even for a old car-tech hand such as myself, dealing with 2 screens while driving takes a lot of getting used to, and there are a few oddities that never go away. For example, it's possible to display and browse audio source information on both screens at the same time -- possibly a holdover from models that don't feature the 2nd screen.

HondaLink and Aha put hundreds of Internet radio stations at the driver's fingertips.

Speaking of audio sources, our Honda was equipped with an AM/FM tuner. a single-slot CD player, Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming, a 3.5mm analog auxiliary input, and a USB/iPod connection -- the usual suspects for what we expect to see at this point in a modern car. Our navigation-equipped model also featured hard-drive-based turn-by-turn directions with voice command and 16GB of storage space dedicated to storing ripped music and audio. The aforementioned Pandora app control with metadata, rating, and browsing and HondaLink app integration (which is basically just a customized connection to Aha by Harman's audio and data streaming service) round out the audio source mix.

Driver aid technologies
The Accord is available with what is largely a modern outfit of driver aid technologies, including a standard rear-view camera with multiple views (wide, standard, and close).

Our model featured a camera-based lane departure warning system that alerts the driver when crossing guide lanes without signaling and a collision warning system that beeps and flashes amber LEDs at the base of the windshield when you get too close to the car ahead too quickly. I found the collision warning system to be too alarmist, beeping far too frequently, but it is both customizable and defeatable. On at least 1 occasion during my testing, I was glad to have the system in place.

The Accord lacked conventional blind-spot monitoring, but did boast a camera-based LaneWatch system.
(Credit: Antuan Goodwin/CNET)

Missing from Honda's driver safety mix is a conventional blind-spot monitoring system with little LCDs in the side mirrors. In its place, Honda offers its LaneWatch system, a side-view camera that aims into the blind spot on the passenger side of the car, displaying its image on the main LCD in the dashboard. When the right turn signal is activated, the camera springs to life.

At 1st, I found it a bit odd and distracting, drawing my eye when I went to look over my shoulder (as I always do when changing lanes). The Accord actually has pretty good visibility even without the camera. Over time, however, I learned to use the camera in addition to the shoulder check -- glancing at it as I turned my head and again as I returned to center, allowing me to triple check the blind spot before changing lanes.

Guidelines on the LaneWatch's display also helped with judging whether cars visible were 1, 2, or 3 lengths behind, which prevented me from cutting off other drivers while I got used to the Accord's length. A button on 1 of the steering column stalks allows the LaneWatch to be manually activated, which also aided in judging the size of spaces for parallel parking or double-checking the distance to the curb when you're done. However, shifting into reverse brings up the rear view camera, a more useful view anyway.

There is no LaneWatch display for the driver's side of the car, so you'll have to stick to looking over your shoulder for lane changes in that direction.

Power train
While not immensely powerful, the Accord Coupe's V-6 engine is a gem. Output for the 3.5-liter engine is stated at 278 horsepower and 252 pound feet of torque in this '6MT' incarnation, which sends its power to the front wheels via a standard 6-speed manual transmission.

The 6-cylinder engine uses a technology called Variable Cylinder Management, which allows it to shut down 1 of its 2 banks and operate on just 3 cylinders when cruising and idling for increased efficiency, then reactivate the dormant bank when acceleration is required. The system is completely transparent in operation and I never noticed a lack of power when I called upon the engine. Fuel economy is estimated by the EPA at 21 city, 32 highway, and a combined 25 mpg. I averaged about 23.9 mpg over a long weekend that consisted of roughly equal parts highway cruising, city traffic, and a few early morning back-road blasts to test the Coupe's handling prowess.

The Accord's 3.5L V-6 engine is sometime a 1.75L inline-3, thanks to its VCM technology.

The Accord Coupe features a green "Econ" button on its dashboard, much like that of the Honda Civic, that aims to help drivers to maximize fuel economy by adjusting (read: dulling) throttle response. I tested it to make sure that it worked, but largely drove the Coupe in its normal setup.

Also optional on the 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 is a 6-speed automatic transmission. I'm being very specific with the model and trim level, because the EX-L V-6 is the only model that's available with a conventional, torque converter, gear-switching system, where the other 4-cylinder models feature continuously variable transmissions.

The V-6 Accord Coupe reallly shines when paired with the 6-speed manual gearbox.

Perhaps it's my inner car snob showing a bit, but after spending a week with the manual gearbox, I can't fathom why anyone would bother with either of the automatic options. But I digress.

Performance
As I stated earlier, the Accord's V-6 engine is a gem. It's quiet when idling and cruising at low engine speeds. Downshift and lay into the accelerator and the engine wakes up, filling the cabin with a deep sound that's urgent but not buzzy. Don't get me wrong, it's not muscle-car deep, but the Accord Coupe's induction sound was, to my ear, suitably aggressive for the sort of "sporty" driving that automakers always seem to claim their big, boring coupes are capable of.

However, in the case of the 2013 Accord Coupe V-6, this big, boring coupe actually is capable of sporty driving.

The Accord Coupe is far from being a sports car, but it does back up its sporty image with good performance.

To call the V-6 engine "responsive" seems like a bit of an understatement. This hunk of metal feels alive, particularly when paired with the manual gearbox. Honda presents the driver with the killer combination of the blippable throttle, the smooth shifter with positive engagement at the end of every throw, and a shifter that's easy to modulate. The 3 pedals could be better placed for heel-toe downshifts, but rowing my own cogs feel like a pleasure and not a chore, even in heavy traffic in and around the city.

Not that the V-6 engine requires constant shifting and rowing of the driver. It's got enough torque to pull off passing maneuvers, even if you happen to find yourself a gear or 2 higher than is optimal.

What's more is that the Accord Coupe boasts handling that is also impressive for a car of its size.

Steering was responsive, with only a small enough dead spot around center to keep it from feeling twitchy at highway speed, but with decent enough turn-in to hustle an emergency lane change when I needed it to. When I aimed the Coupe around a fast bend, it settled in and went where it was told to with surprising ease and no drama. Toss the Coupe back and forth around an 'S' and it will hit apex after apex with nary a complaint.

The V-6 Coupe's performance constantly reminded me of the Honda Civic Si, only larger.

That's not to say that Honda has built a sports car. The Accord Coupe has limits, but they are generous limits that are clearly defined. Come into a turn too fast and the Honda will respond with predictable understeer that is easily correctable. The Accord is easy to drive quickly, but doesn't punish its driver for exploring the limits of the car they bought. This is a very good thing.

On my 1st trip in the 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6MT, I immediately remarked that everything about the car, from the handling, to the acceleration, and the general behind-the-wheel experience reminded me of the Honda Civic Si, only larger. I think that's 1 of the highest compliments that I can pay Honda's engineers.

In sum
So I've established a few strong opinions in my mind at the end of my week with the latest Honda Accord Coupe. It's a gorgeous car with a sporty design, despite its size. It's dashboard tech makes a number of steps in the right direction but requires a lot of getting used to on the driver's part and a bit more polish on Honda's end. It's 1 of the best large, front-drive coupes that I've ever driven. I drive a lot of "meh" cars during the course of the year, but I really liked this 2013 Accord Coupe V-6 so much that I couldn't help gushing about it to my friends.

The Accord Coupe starts at $23,350 for the 185-horsepower LX-S entry model. For that price, the Accord is pretty spartan, lacking pretty much every feature that I praised in our tester. Working your way up through the trim levels adds driver safety tech, better cabin trim and infotainment tech, and -- at our EX-L V-6 trim level -- more power and performance. Add the optional navigation system and a $790 destination fee to reach an MSRP of $33,140. This is the Accord to get if you're looking at the Coupe. Manual or automatic, the EX-L V-6 is the same price, and there are no options at this trim level, so specing your car couldn't be easier.

I can't help but wonder if the V-6 Coupe is uniquely strong within the Accord lineup.

But is this coupe a return to form for Honda, a reappearance of the brand's sporty driving dynamics and DNA ripe to spread through the brand? Well, that remains to be seen.

I personally haven't driven the 4-cylinder, CVT-equipped Coupe and Sedan variants that share the Accord nameplate with our tester, but Senior Editor Wayne Cunningham has. When I asked him about these other variants, he told me that, aside from the dashboard tech that he disliked, they were largely unremarkable. So perhaps this 2013 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 EX-L 6MT is just an oasis of performance in a desert of dull. It's a step in the right direction, but just a single step. Does that diminish this specific trim level's impact? No, but it does give me a glimmer of hope.
Tech specs
Model 2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Trim EX-L V-6 6MT with Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System
Powertrain 3.5-liter, V-6, 278 horsepower, FWD, 6-speed manual transmission
EPA fuel economy 21 city, 32 highway, 25 combined mpg
Observed fuel economy 23.9 mpg
Navigation Yes, HDD-based with traffic
Bluetooth phone support Yes with voice command
Disc player Single-slot CD
MP3 player support Analog 3.5mm auxiliary input, USB connection, Bluetooth audio streaming, iPod connection
Other digital audio SiriusXM satellite radio, HondaLink with Aha Radio, Pandora app integration
Audio system 360-watt premium audio with 7 speakers, including subwoofer
Driver aids Lane departure warning, precollision warning, rear view camera, Honda LaneWatch camera
Base price $23,350
Price as tested $33,140
Curious3GTL (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 AM

Received 5,388 Likes on 3,690 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
AV6 6MT is one of the most underrated coupes in the market. If I were in the market for a new coupe at the $30k mark, I can't think of a better choice.
If only they still offered it in the sedan.
I imagine really low sales numbers led to it being dropped? When I was a porter for a huge Honda dealer, we'd get the coupes in a lot. I maybe saw 2 sedans in the 2 years I was there.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Liquid Ice

Interesting with the IndySport Honda Accord Pace Car - according to the HPD website, Honda was able to increase lateral grip from 0.82g to 1.10g on the 2013 Accord Coupe by simply putting on stickier tires, lighter wheels and H&R springs.

http://hpd.honda.com/innovations/str...ycar-pace-car/

According to the website:

Modifications improve peak lateral g from 0.82 g to 1.10 g, while instilling confidence in the pace car drivers to lead drivers around the ovals, road courses, and street courses of the IZOD IndyCar® Series.

Brake fade has been eliminated, pedal feel has been drastically improved, and 60–0 mph braking distance has been reduced from 128 ft (stock tire) to 110 ft.
Pretty good numbers for a FWD car
SatinSilverAV6 (05-08-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Safety Car

Lightbulb Truth About Cars

Our last look at the Accord was back in September when we ran a 2-parter (part 1, part 2) after being invited to the launch event. Yes, shockingly our invite wasn’t lost in the mail. As TTAC has said in the past, there are problems with launch events. Usually you’re running around in a pre-production car that may not be “quite right” yet, you have to split your driving time with some dude from another publication (shout out to Hooniverse on that trip). Drive time is limited, and exclusively done on roads selected by the manufacturer. Sometimes you don’t get the trim level you want either. What I wanted was 1 step up from the base model, the mainstream EX and I wanted it on the same roads I’ve driven the other Camcord competitors. Here’s that review.

Exterior

Honda has long been known as a serious kind of car company. Press events are orderly, the Honda folks wear suits and their products are similarly starched. While we have a new corporate nose up front with a chrome “smiley” face and aggressive headlamps, the rest of the profile is buttoned up and professional. The large (and low) greenhouse says “I have kids,” an image that Honda has been embracing with their latest commercials, essentially admitting they are leaving descriptives like “sexy” and “dramatic” to Hyundai and Ford. I have to admit I am quite torn, I love the Fusion’s sexy sheetmetal making it my 1st pick in terms of looks, but oddly enough the “plain Jane” Accord is number 2 for me because it’s simple clean. The new Kia Optima is a very, very close third thanks its nose job for 2014. I’m not convinced that the Camry’s nose or the Sonata’s dramatic character lines will age well, let me know what you think in the comment section. Something important to keep in mind is the Accord has bucked the growth trend and has shrunk on the outside compared to the previous generation making it among the smallest in this segment. Good if you live in the city, bad if you were hoping for a Honda land yacht.

Typical for Honda, the Accord has no factory installed options to choose from, you simply pick your trim: LX, EX, Sport EX-L, or Touring. LX, EX and Sport models can be had with a manual or a CVT while EX-L and Touring models are CVT only with the 4 cylinder and auto only with the V6. Aside from the lack of fog lights in the LX and a tiny bit of black trim on the LX and EX models, the only visual clues to which Accord you’re driving are the wheels and exhaust tips. When it comes to sleepers, there’s nothing that fits that description like an Accord.

Interior

Honda’s interiors have long been known for their simple functionality rather than opulence or elegance and Honda is still singing the same tune. Despite being an all-new model for 2013, Honda hasn’t radically changed the interior design, opting instead for incremental improvements and more standard features. All Accords now get standard dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth phone integration, a backup cam and active noise cancellation. Honda seems to have listened to the complaints from reviewers and customers and took a methodical and dedicated approach to making the Accord quieter on the road. In addition to the fancy noise cancelling software, there’s more foam, more carpet and a 1-piece dash designed to prevent squeaks later in life.

Honda’s seat engineers seem to be designing seats specifically for my back lately. The Accord and the refreshed Civic both sport supportive seats that coddled by back and backside on long journeys. There is a caution I must toss in however, the lumbar support in Sport, EX and LX models is fixed and pronounced. If you need some adjustability in your back support, you’ll need to step up to a leather model to get it. 2013 has brought a raft of materials improvements to the Accord cabin from improved seat fabrics to more squishy dash bits and the ever-so-popular stitched pleather. Thankfully Honda spares potential owners the shame of faux wood trim, instead opting for a modern brown pattern that I found attractive. The trim and the style are not as stylized or futuristic as the competition, but controls are easy to locate, and consistent in their high quality feel.

Thanks to the Accord’s upright profile, getting in and out of the back seats is an easy task, something I can’t say of the Fusion. Once inside the height pays further dividends with more headroom than the coupé-like competitors. Despite being smaller on the outside and having a smaller wheelbase than the outgoing model, legroom is up by a welcome 1.3 inches in the rear and the trunk has grown to a [finally] competitive 13.7 cubic feet. On the down side, Honda forgot that sometimes people need to carry large items and 3 people, not possible in the Accord if you fold down the rear seat since it folds as a single unit.

Even base model Accords are well equipped with dual-zone climate control, auto headlamps, cruise control, backup camera, and a 1-touch up/down window for the driver. Because of the comfortable seats and high level of standard gadgets, the Accord is the poster child of “easy to live with” like that comfortable sweatshirt.

Infotainment

Honda’s relentless drive to streamline options means a high level of standard tech on the Accord. All Accords get an 8-inch high-res screen in the middle of the dash, Bluetooth integration for speakerphone and audio, iDevice/USB interface, Pandora internet radio app integration and SMS messaging features if your smartphone supports it. (At the time of our drive, Pandora radio is restricted to Apple iDevices and SMS messaging to Android devices, Honda giveth and taketh away.)

Browsing the lots of my nearest Honda dealers, it seems the EX and EX-L models account for the bulk of purchases and lot space, not surprising since they straddle the middle in terms of price from $24,605 for a manual EX to $32,070 foe an EX-L V6. All EX models get keyless entry/go, Honda’s up-level audio system and their Lane Watch blind-spot viewing system. (Trust me, LW is more exciting than it sounds). Stepping up to the EX-L model or above gets you a higher resolution 8-inch screen and a 5-inch touchscreen LCD in the center of the dash that acts as the primary audio control interface. The addition of the second display allows you to see some audio information at the same time as the 8-inch display either shows you the navigation screen (if you’ve opted for it) or some other information source. Want to know more? Check out that video above.

Drivetrain

I know we’re here to dream of EarthDreams (which is quite possibly the worst thing anyone has ever named an engine family), but we should start out with that optional V6. As before the V6 has cylinder deactivation tech, but Honda decided that the old system which would cut out 2 or 3 cylinders depending on the load was more trouble than it was worth, so for 2013 the V6 will only drop to 3 cylinders but the range of operation has been expanded. Thanks to the tweaks and a new 6-speed automatic, the V6 is good for 278HP and 252 lb-ft of torque while delivering 21/34MPG. The V6 has a well-tuned exhaust note and scoots to 60 in the same 6.2 seconds that the Altima 3.5 managed, but the Accord lags the Altima in real-world fuel economy by 3 MPG. This isn’t the engine you want.

What piqued my interest at the launch event was Honda’s new 2.4L direct-injection 4 cylinder engine. The engine and new CVT turned my impression of the Accord on its head. The engine’s 185HP still arrive at a very-Honda high RPM of 6,500, but thanks to the direct-injection sauce torque jumps to a [nearly] HP matching 181 lb-ft with a strong pull from idle and a peak at a decidedly un-Honda 3,900RPM. If you choose the 6-speed manual, you no longer have to rev the nuts off the engine to get the Accord in motion. Most shoppers however will findP a Continuously Variable Transmission under their Accord’s hood, although they may not even notice. Why? This is quite possibly the world’s best CVT.

Yes, I know I have a rep for the love-that-dare-not-speak-its-name, but I have my reasons for liking a CVT: fuel economy, mountain climbing, and maximizing acceleration in underpowered cars like the 107HP Versa. This CVT is actually pleasant to drive. I’m not sure how the boffins managed it, but Honda’s new CVT switches ratios quickly and crisply with a feel that is so close to a standard automatic the average person might not be able to tell the difference. If you have driven a Nissan with a CVT, you get what some call a “rubber band” feeling that pressing the throttle gets instant response but builds, levels, then after you release the throttle it takes a while for the engine to “return” to a dull roar.

The Accord on the other hand has the feeling of a downshift where the engine shifts to a high RPM almost immediately, then like a normal CVT, stays there while you accelerate and when you lift it drops rapidly like a normal transmission upshifting. Passengers in the car were confused, some thought they detected shifts and thought it was an auto, while a few realized it was just a good CVT. This is as it should be. If you need another reason to give the CVT a shot, the 27 city, 36 highway and 30 combined MPG rating should make a believer out of you. In my mixed driving I averaged a stout 32.5 MPG. If you absolutely must have the manual, you’ll be limited to 4-cylinder LX, EX and Sport models (the V6/MT combo is Accord coupé specific). The manual will save you $1,200 at the register but cost you more at the pump with fuel economy dropping to 24/34 and in my testing the combined number was some 5MPG lower than the CVT.

The Accord has long been known for its double wishbone front suspension, a design that some prefer because of increasing negative camber gain as the suspension reaches the end of travel. On the downside it’s heavier, more expensive and according to Honda contributed to the NVH that owners and reviewers whined about. What does that have to do with anything? The wishbone is gone, replaced by a MacPherson strut arrangement like just about every other FWD car in the USA. Does it matter? Not really, most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference since the Accord is hardly a track day car. Or is it?

The mid-size sedan is the ultimate comprise car, just watch a sedan add some time. They are supposed to schlep the kids to daycare and then carve that canyon on your way to your impressive day job where everyone congratulates you on making the smart decision to buy the family car instead of the Mercedes roadster. Truth be told, any mid-size sedan carves corners with shocking aplomb, holds at least 2 car seats with ease, looks good enough to valet park and manages to keep from breaking the bank. You know, except for that Dodge Avenger I’m trying to forget. But I digress.

Honda made a big deal out of the weight reduction at the launch event, but in truth the 3,336lb curb weight merely represents a tend in the right direction and lands the Accord in the middle of the fray. What is different is how Honda chose to tune the Accord. Out on the road the steering is moderately heavy with a hint of feedback (more than can be said for most sedans these days) and the suspension is firm for a family car. The combination create a feel that I would almost describe as “Germanic,” something that paradoxically cannot be said of the latest Passat. When the feel and suspension are mated with 215/55R17 rubber on the EX and EX-L models, the Accord can dance with the best of the competition. The Sport model’s 235 width tires might sound attractive but beware, the rubber is bundled with new steering stops that increase the turning circle from good to enormous. My suggestion would be to buy a regular model, jump to 225s and deal with the occasional rubbing.

Thanks to a combination of excellent road manners, a surprisingly quick 6.8 second jump to 60 and the best mid-sized non-hybrid/non-diesel fuel economy we have tested so far and the Accord EX becomes my favorite 4-cylinder mid-size sedan. It’s not as sexy as the Fusion, but it’s cheaper by a nose, more exciting than a Camry, more mainstream than a Kia or Hyundai (yes, I did use that as a factor because you know shoppers will) and statistically more reliable than some of the other options on the road. There’s always a “but” and here it is: the Altima 3.5 starts at $25,760, weighs the same as the 4-cylinder Accord, clears 60 in 5.5 seconds and averaged a shocking (and totally worth it) 27.6 MPG during our week.
Hit it or Quit It?

Hit it

The best CVT ever created.
Our average fuel economy was only 1MPG lower than a Civic.
Excellent chassis dynamics.

Quit it

Lane Watch is as gimmicky as it sounds.
You have to upgrade to the EX-L to avoid the urethane steering wheel.
I still don’t understand the split screen radio/nav situation. Someone explain that to me over a beer.
Honda provided the vehicle, insurance and gas for this review

Specifications as tested

0-30: 2.8 Seconds

0-60: 6.83 Seconds

1/4 Mile: 15.25 Seconds @ 93 MPH

Average Observed Fuel Economy: 32.5MPG over 659 miles
The following 3 users liked this post by TSX69:
00TL-P3.2 (05-10-2013), Curious3GTL (05-10-2013), SatinSilverAV6 (05-10-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
The manual will save you $1,200 at the register but cost you more at the pump with fuel economy dropping to 24/34 and in my testing the combined number was some 5MPG lower than the CVT.
I just don't see that happening if you drive it economically (the engine revs so easily you are bound to drive it more aggressively with an MT compared to the CVT). The CVT might be better but not 5 MPG better.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Safety Car

Arrow C&d

Highs: Big mpg numbers for a midsize, quick for a PHEV, good driving position, decent regen braking.
Lows: Vague steering, chintzy-looking wheels, small trunk, clammy vinyl, not cheap.
2 Accord generations ago, Honda offered a hybrid powertrain in its mainstream sedan. But it was a performance-oriented V-6 hybrid that never achieved the lofty fuel-economy numbers that eco buyers crave. Now, Honda is jumping back in the game with a new, efficiency-oriented Accord hybrid, and its mileage is impressive. It’s rated by the EPA at 47 in the city and 46 on the highway. Moreover, it’s a plug-in hybrid, and when operating on electric power, it gets 124 MPGe in the city and 105 on the highway. Its combined rating of 115 MPGe is bested only by Honda’s much smaller Fit EV.

To achieve this efficiency, the Accord plug-in uses an “Earth Dreams” 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine—which translates to a hybrid-typical Atkinson-cycle engine—coupled to a pair of electric motors, powered by a 6.7 kWh lithium-ion battery. The coupling arrangement is not the Integrated Motor Assist that Honda uses on other hybrids. Instead, it’s more like the Toyota and Ford systems with a 166-hp AC traction motor and a smaller motor generator, connected in such a way that the electric and gasoline power can be seamlessly blended.

The Accord system is smooth, very efficient, and reasonably peppy, accelerating to 60 mph in 7.7 seconds, and covering the quarter-mile in 16.1 seconds at 88 mph. That makes the Accord the quickest PHEV on the market, now that the Fisker Karma has bitten the dust.

With a fully charged battery, the EPA rates the Accord’s electric range at 13 miles. We measured 13.7 during an urban/suburban drive at the speed limit plus 5 mph. In the process, the Accord used 3.6 kWh of electricity, equivalent to 3.85 miles per kWh, an excellent figure. After the gas engine cut in, we averaged 42 mpg on a 500-mile drive from Ann Arbor to Michigan’s West Coast and back.

This efficiency doesn’t come solely from the powertrain. The Accord plug-in gets low rolling-resistance tires, a number of aerodynamic tweaks, and an aluminum hood, front subframe, and rear bumper beam to save a few pounds. Even so, the plug-in weighs 400 pounds more than a similarly equipped EX-L model.

That additional weight is not terribly obvious, as the Plug-In uses the torque of its electric motor to move away briskly from a stop. Honda has also recalibrated its power steering to help the car feel lighter. Unfortunately, its heft is now too light, to the detriment of on-center feel and general cornering feedback. Grip is also down from the 0.86 g of the last conventional Accord we tested to 0.82, and the suspension feels softer. It rides placidly on smooth pavement, but there’s too much body motion if you start pressing a bit harder on bumpy roads.

The new electric-servo brake, however, does a better job of blending regenerative braking with friction braking than most electric car brakes. The transmission also offers a B (battery) mode that substantially increases regen when you release the accelerator. In the city it lets you drive with 1 pedal most of the time, just like a Tesla does, and offers the same kind of lift-pedal deceleration you’d experience in first or second gear in a manual-transmission car.

Another feature that’s new to the Accord is the LaneWatch blind-spot display, which turns on a camera in the right-side mirror whenever you activate your right turn signal. It brings up a view to the right, including your blind spot, in the main LCD display in the center of the dash.

Inside, the plug-in is much like other Accords, with a good driving position, a logical control layout, and plenty of room. The new, Bio Fabric upholstery looks and feels cheap, even if it’s produced by an environmentally friendly manufacturing process. And the Accord’s trunk gives up nearly half its (previously capacious) volume to the big battery. Outside, the plug-in is recognizable by its rear spoiler, several odd-looking bits of blue-toned brightwork, and tacky-looking aerodynamic wheels that might as well have been ripped from the shelves of Pep Boys.

Of course, the prime directive of hybrids is to deliver efficiency and this Accord does that in spades. While we might like a bit more than 13 miles of electric range, the plug-in recharges quickly, needing only 3 hours on a standard 120-volt outlet and less than an hour with Honda’s 220-volt charger.

All of this technical excellence costs a pretty penny—4,057,000 of them—though you do get a federal tax rebate of $3636, which brings the price down to $36,934. Compared to a well-equipped conventional Accord, which costs about 6 grand less, if you drive 10,000 in 20-mile chunks, with a full charge between each 1, the plug-in will save you about $750. At that rate you will break even after 80,000 miles. That rate of payback will have to improve before the plug-in becomes as mainstream as the rest of its Accord siblings.
Specifications >

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan

PRICE AS TESTED: $40,570 (base price: $40,570)

ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 16-valve Atkinson-cycle 2.0-liter inline-4, 141 hp, 122 lb-ft; permanent magnet, AC synchronous electric motor, 166 hp, 226 lb-ft; combined power rating is unavailable; 6.7-kWh lithium-ion battery pack

TRANSMISSION: electronic continuously variable automatic

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 109.3 in
Length: 193.5 in
Width: 72.8 in Height: 57.7 in
Curb weight: 3783 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
0 to 60 mph: 7.7 sec
0 to 100 mph: 22.1 sec
0 to 110 mph: 29.6 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 7.9 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 3.8 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 5.8 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 16.1 sec @ 88 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 114 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 184 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad*: 0.82 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 47/46 mpg
C/D observed: 42 mpg
*Stability-control-inhibited

Old 05-24-2013, 12:48 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Those are some nice numbers. It's basically as fast as a regular CVT Accord for 0-60mph and the 1/4 mile (albeit a lower trap speed).

My understanding is that the non-plugin hybrid model will use the same engine and electric motor as this plug-in model. And that should be a couple hundred pounds lighter since it would have less electrical components involved and a smaller battery. I hope the non-plugin model will start well below $30k.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Safety Car

Arrow Hybrid

The 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid will carry an EPA rating of 50 mpg in the city, 45 on the highway and 47 combined -- putting the Accord back in the battle among mid-sized sedans over fuel economy.

The 2014 model's 50 mpg city rating is more than double that of the last Accord Hybrid, which was sold in the 2005-07 model years and was rated at only 24 mpg in the city. The car was discontinued after just 3 model years.

The new Accord Hybrid's powertrain uses 2 electric motors instead of the 1 used in the previous model; lighter, more powerful lithium ion batteries replace the nickel metal hydride battery pack used on the 2005-07 Accord Hybrid.

Among hybrid mid-sized sedans, the Accord tops the Ford Fusion's 47 mpg city rating. But both cars carry an identical 47 mpg combined rating. The Toyota Camry Hybrid is EPA rated at 43 mpg city/39 highway and 41 combined.

Volkswagen's Jetta Hybrid still holds the title of highest highway fuel economy at 48 mpg.

"Even before it hits showrooms this fall, the Accord Hybrid is already surpassing the competition and claiming segment leadership," Mike Accavitti, senior vice president of auto operations at American Honda, said in a statement.

The mid-sized sedan segment has cooled, with sales rising just 3% this year to 1.82 million units through August, while the total U.S. market has gained 10%. Competition remains fierce among a slew of recently redesigned models that include the Mazda6, Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima, and Chevrolet Malibu in addition to the Accord and Camry.

U.S. sales of the Accord have climbed 18% this year to 256,926 through August, making it the No. 2 selling car behind the Camry.

Honda says the Accord Hybrid will also be able to travel further on a single tank of fuel -- 673 miles -- than any other mid-sized family sedan.

The Accord's high fuel economy rating puts Honda in an awkward situation: the bigger and heavier Accord gets better fuel economy than the smaller and lighter Civic Hybrid.

The Civic Hybrid is rated at 44/44/44. Compact cars usually get higher fuel economy than mid-sized cars.

Honda began producing the Accord Hybrid at a plant in Marysville, Ohio, today. It goes on sale this fall. Pricing will be announced at a later date.

Last edited by TSX69; 09-06-2013 at 06:44 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TSX69:
MuGen7Modulo (09-06-2013), SatinSilverAV6 (09-06-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Race Director

I hope it lives up to the numbers.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:18 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,128 Likes on 2,564 Posts
After a very lame 1G Accord Hybrid, the 2G is pretty impressive.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Safety Car

Arrow Hybrid

09/23/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif.
Well-equipped Accord Hybrid offered in 3 grades
Loaded with premium standard features including LaneWatch™, rearview camera, and LED DRL lighting
Highest EPA-rated city mpg of any 4-door sedan in America
Fuel prices can be scary, but the EPA-rated 50 mpg1 city 2014 Accord Hybrid will take some of the fright out of going to the gas pump when it debuts at U.S. dealers nationwide on Halloween (October 31). With a host of standard equipment, the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) ranges from $29,155 for the well-equipped Accord Hybrid to $34,905 for the luxurious Accord Hybrid Touring model, plus a destination and handling charge2 of $790.

"With advanced technologies standard on every Accord Hybrid we've given customers an incredible combination of fuel efficiency, technology and value," said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales at American Honda. "The addition of the Accord Hybrid to the lineup will further advance Accord's position as America's most popular passenger car with individual buyers."

Every new 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid is equipped with numerous standard features including Honda's exclusive LaneWatch™ blind spot display system, a premium feature not even available on any competitive hybrid models. Additional standard features include a rearview camera, LED daytime running lights (DRL), an Expanded View Driver's Mirror, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, USB/iPod® integration, Pandora® compatibility, SMS text message function, dual-zone automatic climate control, alloy wheels, a driver's seat with 10-way power adjustment, and a 160-watt AM/FM/CD audio system.

The Accord Hybrid EX-L is equipped with advanced safety technologies such as Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) along with leather-trimmed and heated front seats and the HondaLink™ cloud-based media and connectivity system featuring Aha® compatibility. Power driver's seat memory, front passenger seat with 4-way power adjustment and 1-touch moonroof are also standard on the EX-L trim.

The top-of-the-line Accord Hybrid Touring adds the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with voice recognition and FM traffic data, LED headlights with blue tinted chrome bezels, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and hard disk drive (HDD) audio memory.

With EPA fuel-economy ratings1 of 50 mpg city / 45 mpg highway / 47 mpg combined, the 2014 Accord Hybrid is the top rated 4-door sedan in America in the EPA city cycle. Highlighting both form and function, it blends the sophisticated exterior styling and spacious interior packaging of the Accord Sedan with a highly efficient 2-motor hybrid system from Honda's Earth Dreams™ Technology advanced powertrain series.

The 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid is the 1st Honda hybrid vehicle produced in Ohio, at the company's Marysville Auto Plant, and joins the Greensburg, Indiana-built Civic Hybrid as the 2nd Honda hybrid model built in the U.S., using domestic and globally sourced parts. Honda invested $18.8 million in a 94,000-square-foot expansion of the Marysville Auto Plant, along with the addition of 50 new full-time jobs to handle the special processes specific to the production of this advanced hybrid model.

The 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid is covered by a 3-year/36,000-mile Limited Vehicle Warranty, a 5-year/60,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, and a 5-year/unlimited-mile Corrosion Limited Warranty. The hybrid battery pack is covered by a 8-year/100,000-mile or 10-year/150,000 mile limited warranty, depending on the state of purchase/registration.
2014 Accord Hybrid Pricing:
TRIM MSRP2 EPA Fuel Economy Ratings1(city/highway/combined)
Hybrid $29,155 50/45/47
Hybrid EX-L $31,905 50/45/47
Hybrid Touring $34,905 50/45/47
Additional media information including detailed pricing features and high-resolution photography of the 2014 Accord Hybrid is available at www.hondanews.com. Consumer information is available at automobiles.honda.com.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Race Director

As good as that mileage is, will you ever recoup in the typical ownership period the extra upfront cost of the hybrid over the non-hybrid? As is the case with other hybrids the answer is usually, no.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
Which begs the question of whether or not the more financially economical option is the highly efficient four cylinder model.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
Which begs the question of whether or not the more financially economical option is the highly efficient four cylinder model.
My EX-L 4 gets about 31 city and 38 highway realistically. Those are Civic numbers. The hybrid simply isn't worth it unless gas doubles in price.
F23A4 (09-26-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 07:31 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

The hybrid option adds about $3500 to the price tag for each trim.

Forget about what you are getting in the real world with the regular Accord, because it's possible that the Accord hybrid can also beat its EPA ratings.

Accord EX CVT: 27/36/30mpg
Accord Hybrid: 50/45/47mpg
US Avg Gas Price: $3.5/gal
Assumed mileage/year: 15000

Using the combined ratings, for the EX CVT trim, you will be using 500 gallons of fuel per year, or $1750/year.

For the hybrid trim, you will be using 319 gallons, or $1120/year.

You save about $630/year. This means you will take about 5.5 years to recoup the extra initial cost. If you do 12000 miles a year, then it will you 7 years to recoup.

If you are someone like me, who does mostly city driving, then the hybrid makes sense.

@15000 miles/year
EX CVT: 555 gallons, $1944/year
Hybrid: 300 gallons, $1050/year
Saving/year: $894
Years to break even: 4 years (about 5 years if you do 12000 miles/year)

Now the above are the numbers. But the numbers aren't the only factor when it comes to buying a new car.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:29 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
Hope Honda doesn't lie about the posted gas mileage, like Hyundai did before.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Hybrid Touring has full LED lights, HDD, ACC.

Also Plug in hybrid (heavier car) got 42mpg on C&D. with 225 size tire
http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...-in-hybrid.pdf

EX-L 4 cylinder 28mpg with 215 size tire.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-4
Old 09-25-2013, 11:22 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Hope Honda doesn't lie about the posted gas mileage, like Hyundai did before.
In recent years, Honda has also been lying....but in a positive way...one example is Ken1997TL's Accord EX-L.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:23 AM
6G TLX-S

^^^^^

What has Honda lied about Ken1997TL's Accord EX-L ?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Race Director

^ see his real world MPG figures (and compare to window sticker figures).
Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
From my experience, Honda's generally do better real world mileage-wise than their advertised numbers. But that's only my experience with their 4-cylinders, not sure if their 6-cylinders do any better in real world driving.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by phile
From my experience, Honda's generally do better real world mileage-wise than their advertised numbers. But that's only my experience with their 4-cylinders, not sure if their 6-cylinders do any better in real world driving.
In my experience, it varies.

My '97 TL and '02 RL were dead on with the EPA numbers.

My '02 TL would get 33 mpg on the highway no problem. 4+ over EPA numbers

My '05 TL would get 29 mpg. That was the EPA number.

As for city driving, these cars were all quite close to the original EPA sticker numbers as well.

So yes, you're correct, it seems Honda's 4 cylinders are heavily underrated by the EPA estimates.

TSX wagon was supposed to get 30 mpg highway, I could get 34.

CR-Z manual, supposed to get 37 mpg highway, we get 42+ (44 on several long journeys)

S2000 supposed to get 25 mpg highway, I frequently AVERAGE that and have gotten as high as 30.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:54 PM
6G TLX-S

^^^^^

These are all excellent marketing promo materials. The entire Honda marketing team should be all fired.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:05 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

With the above real world numbers from different posters, I'd still be surprised that the real world city mpg will be above 50mpg in the Accord hybrid. 50mpg is already a big achievement in a mid size sedan that can do 0-60mph in the 7-second range.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by iforyou
With the above real world numbers from different posters, I'd still be surprised that the real world city mpg will be above 50mpg in the Accord hybrid. 50mpg is already a big achievement in a mid size sedan that can do 0-60mph in the 7-second range.
Agreed!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 PM
Safety Car

biggest surprize is the price. 50mpg in city and has very decent handling/performance for hybrid for $35k.

C&D got only 21mpg from 320. It just shows that when you punched hard a underpowered BMW the fuel economic drops alot.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...0i-test-review

i think C&D should beat 42mpg plug in figure. this will be double of 320i with regular fuel.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:37 AM

Received 5,915 Likes on 2,915 Posts
^^^Oh, crap....
Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Time to come clean guys. One of you said Beetlejuice, fess up.
The following 3 users liked this post by Costco:
Crazy Bimmer (09-28-2013), crazyasiantl (09-28-2013), ttribe (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
In my experience, it varies.

My '97 TL and '02 RL were dead on with the EPA numbers.

My '02 TL would get 33 mpg on the highway no problem. 4+ over EPA numbers

My '05 TL would get 29 mpg. That was the EPA number.

As for city driving, these cars were all quite close to the original EPA sticker numbers as well.

So yes, you're correct, it seems Honda's 4 cylinders are heavily underrated by the EPA estimates.

TSX wagon was supposed to get 30 mpg highway, I could get 34.

CR-Z manual, supposed to get 37 mpg highway, we get 42+ (44 on several long journeys)

S2000 supposed to get 25 mpg highway, I frequently AVERAGE that and have gotten as high as 30.
out of the 2 s2000 i had, i don't think i had ever seen anything over 25mpg even when i tried, even during my 300 miles trips to Vegas. 240 - 280 miles per tank, which is what most of the people get on s2ki too.

You need to start driving s2000 like it meant to be driven.....
Old 09-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
biggest surprize is the price. 50mpg in city and has very decent handling/performance for hybrid for $35k.

C&D got only 21mpg from 320. It just shows that when you punched hard a underpowered BMW the fuel economic drops alot.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...0i-test-review

i think C&D should beat 42mpg plug in figure. this will be double of 320i with regular fuel.
FYI, When you punched hard ANY Car, MPG drops.

You can quadruple what 320i gets if you don't use your brake at all, try it.
ttribe (09-27-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Safety Car

Accord Plug in at parking lot.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Liquid Ice

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
out of the 2 s2000 i had, i don't think i had ever seen anything over 25mpg even when i tried, even during my 300 miles trips to Vegas. 240 - 280 miles per tank, which is what most of the people get on s2ki too.

You need to start driving s2000 like it meant to be driven.....
I can pretty easily get 28-30mpg pure highway driving out of my S2000. Thats cruising at around 80mph on the highway (with mods of course which might help a bit).

City driving though - I usually get around 18mpg or so and thats usually without much VTEC range - mostly just 4-5krpms max.

Anyway - sorry to go off topic, just wanted to throw in my

Back on topic - I do find the mpg numbers impressive on the Accord Hybrid. I'm curious to read the reviews on the car and see some performance numbers - I know performance isn't what I should be looking for out of a Hybrid - but I'd like to see how much I lose going from the Accord Touring V6 to the Accord Touring Hybrid. Still trying to decide what I want to replace my '03 TL-S with, feel like I've been waiting forever for the TLX. I do really like the new Accord though - and 50mpg sounds very attractive.

Last edited by LiQiCE; 09-28-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:56 PM
▒JDM ¥ KING▒

Received 141 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
FYI, When you punched hard ANY Car, MPG drops... but less of a drop with a Honda engine/car.
Fixed.

Last edited by MuGen7Modulo; 09-28-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Honda: Accord News