View Poll Results: What do you like Better?
Accord Concept Rims and Bodykit
73.97%
2004 Acura TL A-Spec Bodykit and Rims
26.03%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Honda: Accord News

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 08:14 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
^ they're just expecting Honda to have a revolutionary design each time, since they prove they do not have a design theme other than their "Power" Plenum (sounds like one of John Smith's gay sex positions) grilles. Unlike say, BMW which seems to have an evolutionary redesign each generation.

I think it's a smart move. Maybe Honda will stick with the better received designs and just go from there. We all wished the 4G TL would've went that route, atleast I know I do.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
The sedan is NOT the most compelling style but, it'll probably wind up in my garage at some point.........not unlike its 6G, 7G and 8G sedan predecessors. (CVT turns me off from the Altima, lack of handling turns me off from the Camry and I'm simply not into the Sonata/Optima brethren....although they do impress on paper.)

...and the coupe is evolutionary as opposed to revolutionary. But then again, that was obvious by what they pitched at the NYIAS earlier this year.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by PortlandRL
Am I the only one who noticed this?

'13 Accord....

'09 Genesis....

Who's copying who again?
They may look similar in pix but they are not. the inside light pattern is different.
Hyundai has spent past 5 years in refining the current Genesis. by putting all kind of new engines, transmission, electronics, rims and lighting.
Honda is doing in one redesign that will be far shorter in length than Genesis with similar rear leg space and presumbaly better handling in sport version.

if RDX can manage 0-60 mph in 6.2 sec. with highest ground clearance on all season setup. Accord should do it under 6 second with all season and under 5.5 second with summer performance tires.
http://www.torquenews.com/397/five-a...-offroad-rally
Five Asian brands show their stuff during RMDE's offroad rally
The 2013 Acura RDX did provide the highest level of comfort and power of the five cars in the rally group. It took the twists, turns and bumps at a high rate of speed, smoothing them out and flying over them with the least impact to driver and passenger out of the bunch.
There is no way Genesis is going to compete with Accord V6 fuel economic.
which is still important fact in $35 to $40k price range.

Hyundia/Kia has very poor implementation of new technologies and aerodynamics.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX69

The redesigned 2013 Honda Accord will go on sale this fall with a shorter length, a new engine family and a continuously variable transmission -- huge engineering changes for a signature car that has slipped against mid-sized rivals.

Honda released the 1st images of the production version of the Accord sedan and coupe today but provided few additional details about the cars.

The 2013 sedan -- weighing less than the outgoing model, but with more passenger and cargo room -- features nearly flush windshield glass, flush-mounted windshield wipers and available LED daytime running lights, headlights and taillights.

Honda -- clearly aiming for U.S. buyers attracted to the current Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Toyota Camry and 2013 Ford Fusion -- calls it the "most sculpted and dynamic Accord ever."

The side flanking and rear-window kink at the C-pillar resemble the styling of BMW's 3 series. But the front and rear fascias clearly signal a Honda product.

In addition to sportier styling, the 2013 Accord is being used to introduce several key pieces of Honda technology.

The 1st generation of the automaker's "Earth Dreams" engines -- offering improved fuel economy and lower emissions -- debut featuring direct injection and double overhead cams.

A hallmark of the Accord since its 1976 U.S. debut as a hatchback -- leading fuel economy -- is under attack by rivals such as the Sonata and Camry.

The base engine will be a 2.4-liter inline-4 with more than 181 hp and 177 pound-feet of torque, Honda said in January. That would mean a slight horsepower increase but considerably more torque, with at least 10% better fuel economy, Honda engineers have said.

All 4-cylinder versions of the Accord equipped with an automatic transmission -- a huge percentage of the model's sales mix -- will be equipped with a continuously variable transmission. The decision could prove to be a gamble because CVTs have not been widely accepted by American buyers and have been plagued with reliability issues in some vehicles.

Revamped V-6

Honda has also re-engineered the Accord's 3.5-liter V-6 engine and paired it with a new 6-speed automatic transmission or an available 6-speed manual gearbox .

Honda has said the V-6 will produce more horsepower than the current model while targeting class-leading fuel economy and an overall gain in fuel efficiency over the 2012 model.

The 2013 Accord will also be offered with a 2 -motor plug-in hybrid system that features three modes – all-electric, gasoline-electric and direct-drive.

But perhaps the biggest question looming over Honda -- in an era of cost-cutting necessitated by the strong Japanese yen -- is what the latest Accord looks like inside. A repeat of the current Civic's overly plastic interior will not work well with U.S. customers.

Honda did not release images of the 2013 Accord's interior today, but Honda sources say the cabin is an upgrade from the current generation.

While the coupe will remain similarly sized, Honda says the sedan will feature a more compact exterior footprint. Both models will feature "increased passenger and cargo space," Honda said today in a statement.

The automaker said previously the 2013 Accord would be offered with lane departure warning, forward collision warning technology, blind spot detection, and a standard rearview back-up camera.

In January, John Mendel, head of sales for American Honda, vowed the 9th-generation Accord would "raise the bar again through a tour de force of new Honda powertrain and safety technologies, geared to ensure that Honda and the Accord continue to lead in fuel economy, safety and fun-to-drive performance."

Shrinking share

Sales of the Accord -- America's top-selling car in 1989-91 and again in 2001 -- have rebounded 28% this year through July to 183,817.

That is just ahead of the Nissan Altima, with sales of 183,703, but behind the top-selling Toyota Camry, with year-to-date sales of 243,816 units.

Last year, Accord was passed by the surging Altima in U.S. sales volume, partly because of inventory shortages stemming from the March 2011 earthquake in Japan.

The Accord's share of the mid-sized segment has slipped markedly over the past several years, from 17% in 2007 to 11% this year, according to data from R.L. Polk.

However, those numbers include fleet sales. If only retail sales are counted, the Accord's segment share has slipped from 21% to 14%, but it still holds a solid 2nd place, according to Polk.

Both the Accord and the segment-leading Camry have ceded a few points of share apiece to the Sonata, Fusion and Chevy Malibu, which analysts say is a sign of growing parity in the segment.

The Altima's share of retail sales has actually slipped over the same period -- indicating big fleet sales for the Altima as Nissan sold down the old model before its redesign this summer.

George Peterson, president of the AutoPacific consultancy in Tustin, Calif., said Honda has more to worry about from the 2013 Altima than it does from the Camry that was redesigned last fall.

"With the weight Nissan has put behind Altima, can Honda keep Accord close to Camry?"
Peterson asked. "The base Altima comes across as a credible car. There's a lot of stuff in that car."

Honda has said the 2013 Accord will offer more standard equipment compared to the current model, such as Bluetooth hands-free phone interface, a full-color intelligent multi-information display and SMS text messaging that reads received texts from compatible mobile devices aloud over the audio system.

Perhaps more worrying to Honda is that Accord residual values have slipped from 52% to 49% since 2007, according to Automotive Lease Guide.

Meanwhile, the overall residual values in the mid-sized segment have increased. As a result, the Accord's price premium over the segment average has slipped from 7 percentage points to 2 .

Honda also will have to get its dealers off the incentive juice. As part of its sell-down strategy, Honda spent $3,900 per unit in APR and lease incentives on the Accord in July, and $4,500 in April, according to TrueCar data.

Rival Toyota spent $2,180 apiece for APR and lease deals on the Camry in July.

You can reach Mark Rechtin at mrechtin@crain.com. -- Follow Mark on Twitter
---------------------------------

Originally Posted by biker
How do you like my Edits? I wasn't too too amazed at the new Accord but I was Happy with what little I seen that needed to be done to it in order to leave the "Being to Safe" level we all Hope Honda leaves but doesn't leave to far behind.

....And for the Coupe.

Stock
Edited

And thats all for now. I may be getting around to doing the rear's of the cars when i find the time. Thanks for viewing.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Okay, first I like those renders, however I think those with along stock photos are not moving the design forward, just using their own and borrowing here and there.

I think auto design is currently in a funk that we dont yet realize. Not many popular models are taking big chances, staying instead with the status quo and just seeing who else will make the leap. I still think that Kia took the lead with the Optima and hasnt been taken down, especially by this rendition of the accord. It needs a major overhaul, I'm not saying anything new, but its got to come soon, to most brands. The mid catergory all looks the same for the most part, I guess they always do that to an extent, but it just seems more obvious to me now.

I'll add, we're talking even higher caliber brands, even say BMW. I'm just bored with it. The camry, then accord, the 3 and 5 series, the altima, shit the 200's, regal; I could go on, but mainly, they're not doing anything for me.

Now I do sell the optima but I sell 4 other brands and used to sell another two and that is the only car that I'm still getting a wow factor from continuously. High end buyers are coming in \hot and heavy now and in all honesty we cant keep up with the demand. Out of my last 50 leads or so over 80% are for the optima or soul. Both are edgy designs and both get sold in transit before they make it anywhere.

Not to bash on the accord, but its absolutely nothing special
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Okay, first I like those renders, however I think those with along stock photos are not moving the design forward, just using their own and borrowing here and there.

I think auto design is currently in a funk that we dont yet realize. Not many popular models are taking big chances, staying instead with the status quo and just seeing who else will make the leap. I still think that Kia took the lead with the Optima and hasnt been taken down, especially by this rendition of the accord. It needs a major overhaul, I'm not saying anything new, but its got to come soon, to most brands. The mid catergory all looks the same for the most part, I guess they always do that to an extent, but it just seems more obvious to me now.

I'll add, we're talking even higher caliber brands, even say BMW. I'm just bored with it. The camry, then accord, the 3 and 5 series, the altima, shit the 200's, regal; I could go on, but mainly, they're not doing anything for me.

Now I do sell the optima but I sell 4 other brands and used to sell another two and that is the only car that I'm still getting a wow factor from continuously. High end buyers are coming in \hot and heavy now and in all honesty we cant keep up with the demand. Out of my last 50 leads or so over 80% are for the optima or soul. Both are edgy designs and both get sold in transit before they make it anywhere.

Not to bash on the accord, but its absolutely nothing special
Old 08-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by gdubb
So still no HID even on the EX-L...... Bummed about that
But you can get LEDs that are supposed to put more light and consume lees energy.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:47 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
The sedan is NOT the most compelling style but, it'll probably wind up in my garage at some point.........not unlike its 6G, 7G and 8G sedan predecessors. (CVT turns me off from the Altima, lack of handling turns me off from the Camry and I'm simply not into the Sonata/Optima brethren....although they do impress on paper.)

...and the coupe is evolutionary as opposed to revolutionary. But then again, that was obvious by what they pitched at the NYIAS earlier this year.
I'm assuming that you will probably be getting the V6 model then...since the 4 cyl will have CVT.....
Old 08-13-2012, 12:28 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by CoquiTSX
But you can get LEDs that are supposed to put more light and consume lees energy.
Poor Lee....everyone is always taking his energy.
The following users liked this post:
ttribe (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
I'm assuming that you will probably be getting the V6 model then...since the 4 cyl will have CVT.....
According to those privileged to drive the CVT models, it has significantly less 'lag' for the throttle response. That has always been my primary complaint. Fix that lag, offer reliability and superior fuel economy and I'm sold on it for a comfortable car such as an Accord.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Poor Lee....everyone is always taking his energy.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:56 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
any word on the manuel transmission
Old 08-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,395 Likes on 700 Posts
Lightbulb Honda Canada Site Pic

Old 08-13-2012, 02:19 PM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
pretty sure we ALL saw that coming.
The following 2 users liked this post by 03tLsNBP:
Aman (08-14-2012), F23A4 (08-14-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
but no, I would've never expected LED headlights even as optional on the Accord since it's supposed to be the new RLX's premium feature (base models supposedly won't get it...but an Accord does...go Honda/Acura logic).
Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
True...we did not see it coming.

Why?

....because when it passed by we all thought it was the last gen model.
civicdrivr (08-13-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
They may look similar in pix but they are not. the inside light pattern is different.
Hyundai has spent past 5 years in refining the current Genesis. by putting all kind of new engines, transmission, electronics, rims and lighting.
Honda is doing in one redesign that will be far shorter in length than Genesis with similar rear leg space and presumbaly better handling in sport version.

if RDX can manage 0-60 mph in 6.2 sec. with highest ground clearance on all season setup. Accord should do it under 6 second with all season and under 5.5 second with summer performance tires.

Hyundia/Kia has very poor implementation of new technologies and aerodynamics.
There's no sense in stating this...

but, you're comparing cars which don't compete against each other, and are not in the same segment.

Furthermore the last generation Accord had a Cd of .30 (coupe even higher) and the Genesis is at .27

As of right now I'll take my R-Spec over anything Honda has to offer. I won't even address you statement of "over the last 5 years....." due to the fact that every manufacture goes through the normal MMC process halfway through the vehicles production life.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:58 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
According to those privileged to drive the CVT models, it has significantly less 'lag' for the throttle response. That has always been my primary complaint. Fix that lag, offer reliability and superior fuel economy and I'm sold on it for a comfortable car such as an Accord.
I read the same thing from people who have sampled the new CVT too. I guess we will learn more about it later.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jnc2000
There's no sense in stating this...

but, you're comparing cars which don't compete against each other, and are not in the same segment.

Furthermore the last generation Accord had a Cd of .30 (coupe even higher) and the Genesis is at .27

As of right now I'll take my R-Spec over anything Honda has to offer. I won't even address you statement of "over the last 5 years....." due to the fact that every manufacture goes through the normal MMC process halfway through the vehicles production life.
2008 Accord V6 coupe 0-130mph in 26.6 seconds with all season 18inchs and still got 22mpg.
Show me any Hyundai that has 268bhp can do that?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test

Genesis 5.0R with summer performance tires 0-130mph in 23.7 second but only got 16mpg.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...an-test-review

New Accord Coupe with DI engine and Summer performance tires will even out with Genesis 5.0 both in handling and speed with superior all around fuel economic. Dont believe any numbers from Hyundai.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
2008 Accord V6 coupe 0-130mph in 26.6 seconds with all season 18inchs and still got 22mpg.
Show me any Hyundai that has 268bhp can do that?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test

Genesis 5.0R with summer performance tires 0-130mph in 23.7 second but only got 16mpg.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...an-test-review

New Accord Coupe with DI engine and Summer performance tires will even out with Genesis 5.0 both in handling and speed with superior all around fuel economic. Dont believe any numbers from Hyundai.

But the BMW M5 does 0-124mph in 13 seconds. AND gets 17mpg from a 560hp TT V8 powered 4300 pound car. So its obviously 713,928,719,874,918x better then the Accord in every aspect.
The following 4 users liked this post by MeehowsBRZ:
civicdrivr (08-14-2012), crazyasiantl (08-14-2012), Ken1997TL (08-16-2012), ttribe (08-15-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mikeschicagoRL
But the BMW M5 does 0-124mph in 13 seconds. AND gets 17mpg from a 560hp TT V8 powered 4300 pound car. So its obviously 713,928,719,874,918x better then the Accord in every aspect.
BMW M5 costs 3 times the price of Honda Accord coupe with questionable reliability and safety. If some thing cost 3 times it should provide 2 times performance. and your comparing 2013 M5 with 2008 Accord on All season tires.
If they put LSD/Summer performance tires/DI engine there is reasonable chance that Accord V6 sport will match Genesis 5.0 performance above 100mph. with almost twice as efficient in fuel economy. Fuel economy represents aerodynamic efficiency even if using 6MT transmission.

Honda/Acura is now introducing 2nd Generation ACE . BMW/Hyundai are hopeless in this regard with current offerings.

http://www.hondanews.com/channels/co...p-barrier-test
Acura is in the process of incorporating the second generation of its Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure. This reinforced front frame structure provides further enhanced frontal crash energy management through a wider range of offset and oblique crashes. The result of such efforts will provide the capability to achieve a GOOD rating in the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's (IIHS) new frontal small overlap testing, with new Acura model introductions moving forward.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
BMW M5 costs 3 times the price of Honda Accord coupe with questionable reliability and safety. If some thing cost 3 times it should provide 2 times performance. and your comparing 2013 M5 with 2008 Accord on All season tires.
If they put LSD/Summer performance tires/DI engine there is reasonable chance that Accord V6 sport will match Genesis 5.0 performance above 100mph. with almost twice as efficient in fuel economy. Fuel economy represents aerodynamic efficiency even if using 6MT transmission.
are you that close minded that you couldnt tell he was being sarcastic? That you actually went on in comparing an accord to an M5? Let alone the Genesis... trust they will never be cross shopped, especially the 5.0.

you're comparing apples to not oranges, but kobe beef

edit: too comment on the post I highly doubt the accord will beat it. Accord is tuned for efficiency. My moms accord cant even get past 5.5k rpm when redline is at 6750.
Aman (08-17-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by iforyou

In all likelihood an EX-L V6.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Backtracking to that absurd assertion of the 5 series' safety shortcomings, my son and his three friends survived a high speed accident in an E60 M5 with little more than a few bruises. (the only fatality was the car itself which hit two parked cars, a lamp post, a utility pole, a curb which flipped it over bursting into flames and ultimately burned down to a charred frame.).

Needless to say, I'd feel as safe in that as I would in my 12 Accord or MDX!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by speedemon90
are you that close minded that you couldnt tell he was being sarcastic? That you actually went on in comparing an accord to an M5? Let alone the Genesis... trust they will never be cross shopped, especially the 5.0.

you're comparing apples to not oranges, but kobe beef

edit: too comment on the post I highly doubt the accord will beat it. Accord is tuned for efficiency. My moms accord cant even get past 5.5k rpm when redline is at 6750.
It is V6 Accord Coupe as some one raise the point of having Cd greater than Genesis by wide margin. which is not proven from the tests. There is no sedan or coupe that have 268bhp with 18inch all season tires that can move as fast as Accord Coupe from 2008.

2008 comparision test result. 2.44 turns lock to lock steering. pulling 0.88g. It does not have HFP package that lowers the car by 1 inch with dunlop sport max tires.

0-100mph in 13.4 seconds.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...fications.html

even the newest 328 Sport takes 14.9 second to reach 0-100mph. It has all the low end torque for launch.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/specs.html
Old 08-15-2012, 02:33 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Source: http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1085496

Old 08-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
thats a lot of buttons on the wheel. Are they controlling the nav screen?? Then thats good i guess. Also is it me or am i seeing two screens?? Center console does look nice.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,395 Likes on 700 Posts
Lightbulb Dual Screens

Looks like there are 2 screens - like the 2012 Honda CR-V. Altho the screens look reversed (nav on top):

Must admit that the 2013 Accord is shaping up nicely; hopefully it will mean better things for Acura.

Last edited by TSX69; 08-15-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Pinky all stinky

interior looks good, nice to see the return of chrome door releases rather than faux metal ones. I can't tell if that thing across the dash is supposed to be fake wood, looks really bleached out if it is. But I like that design and glad to see it on the Accord. seems like Honda was holding back on that for Acura (first gen CL had that across the dash, as well as earlier Acuras) for a while.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:14 AM
Pinky all stinky

jwong77 (08-16-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,149 Likes on 4,816 Posts
Im really liking the new sedan....

One of my coworkers was looking at the TL, Maxima, and the Accord. Hes got a 260k mile Accord now and the a/c just died. He almost bought a '12 Accord EX-L V6 a few weeks ago but I kept telling him to wait and see what the 9G looked like.

I showed him the pics today. He said hes waiting, he loves the way it looks, especially the rear.
phile (08-16-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
TOV has 3 new images up. And IMO the sedan looks a lot nice then the previous gen.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1085496

Last edited by MeehowsBRZ; 08-16-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:03 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,836 Likes on 3,746 Posts
Is there really that much difference? Looks evolutionary. Is it still huge?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by pttl
Is there really that much difference? Looks evolutionary. Is it still huge?
Look at the rear.

The front is similar to the outgoing model, but I think the design is much more sleek.

The interior is a huge upgrade too, as far as layout is concerned. Im excited to see it in person. I think I read that it is 3" shorter then the 8G, but the interior space is the same.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Look at the rear.
In all honesty, let NOT look at the rear..

A horrid impression of the original Genesis sedan...

The interior is certainly an upgrade; just need to wait and see how intuitive the Honda infotainment system is...I just wonder why they did not integrate the infotainment with the HVAC...

Regardless, the rear end is soooooo UGLY, my intial plan of trading in my 2011 Pilot has gone kapoof...
Old 08-16-2012, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Baapo
A horrid impression of the original Genesis sedan...
Which was nothing more then an impression of multiple other cars....
Ken1997TL (08-16-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 12:50 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Please, no one shopping for the Genesis is going to be looking at an Accord.

Overall, the sheetmetal is a bit on the conservative/bland side, but at the same time, there's nothing that strikes you as being unpleasant.

The new Fusion, Mazda6 and the Optima have the edge on the sheetmetal dept., but the new Accord is better than the Camry or Altima.

Inside is where the new Accord shine - really like the dash design.

Think this has a real shot to overtake the Camry, at least with regard to retail sales.

Last edited by YEH; 08-16-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
The front end looks way more "grown up" than the previous version. Its looking really nice for what it is. Thumbs up Honda!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Im really liking the new sedan....

One of my coworkers was looking at the TL, Maxima, and the Accord. Hes got a 260k mile Accord now and the a/c just died. He almost bought a '12 Accord EX-L V6 a few weeks ago but I kept telling him to wait and see what the 9G looked like.

I showed him the pics today. He said hes waiting, he loves the way it looks, especially the rear.

Not for nothing, there's a total fire sale on the 12 Accord sedan, from LX to EX-L V6. If he's in any way budget conscious, this could be the way to go.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by jwong77
The front end looks way more "grown up" than the previous version. Its looking really nice for what it is. Thumbs up Honda!
Yeah it's evolutionary, but it looks way more refined than the outgoing model. even with the regular projector headlights it still looks good. Although after seeing the LED lights, if I ever own the new Accord, it'd def be modding the lights to look like the Touring model (which I wouldn't be buying).

Quick Reply: Honda: Accord News