2021+ Acura TLX & TLX TYPE S Sales Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 08:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
As much as y'all hate us haters, it does liven up the forum, does it not? Teehee.

Cars are a very personal and subjective thing. The only thing that is objective is that Acura sucks. I kid I kid. But let's be honest, with their re-introduction of the Type-S nameplate and all the hype that was being built, they absolutely fell short when solely looking at performance. Are there other reasons to buy them? Of course. But it didn't turn the automotive world upside down like some claimed it would.

As for the M340i vs M3, I'm debating the very thing myself. But then I go down the rabbit hole. "M3 has always been a dream car. AWD plus all that power would kill almost anything you encounter in the street at a stoplight. But do I want to deal with that punishing ride? And those grilles. Yea, just do an M340i and when I get bored of the power I'll throw on a bigger turbo, tune and supporting mods and have something nearly as fast as a tuned M3. Heck, if I'm doing those extensive mods, maybe I'll go CPO. Well, if I'm gonna do a lot of mods on the car, why not just get a Golf R, build the motor and big turbo and get a true sleeper that will be as fast for probably less overall. But do I really want to be a 40-something-year old driving a Golf? F*ck it, I'm getting a CT5-V Blackwing. But it's RWD only. Ok, ok ... RS5 would be perfect. But damn, that M3 tho ... (rinse and repeat)"

Just a peak into my insanity.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (05-05-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 08:36 PM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio2.0
As much as y'all hate us haters, it does liven up the forum, does it not? Teehee.

Cars are a very personal and subjective thing. The only thing that is objective is that Acura sucks. I kid I kid. But let's be honest, with their re-introduction of the Type-S nameplate and all the hype that was being built, they absolutely fell short when solely looking at performance. Are there other reasons to buy them? Of course. But it didn't turn the automotive world upside down like some claimed it would.

As for the M340i vs M3, I'm debating the very thing myself. But then I go down the rabbit hole. "M3 has always been a dream car. AWD plus all that power would kill almost anything you encounter in the street at a stoplight. But do I want to deal with that punishing ride? And those grilles. Yea, just do an M340i and when I get bored of the power I'll throw on a bigger turbo, tune and supporting mods and have something nearly as fast as a tuned M3. Heck, if I'm doing those extensive mods, maybe I'll go CPO. Well, if I'm gonna do a lot of mods on the car, why not just get a Golf R, build the motor and big turbo and get a true sleeper that will be as fast for probably less overall. But do I really want to be a 40-something-year old driving a Golf? F*ck it, I'm getting a CT5-V Blackwing. But it's RWD only. Ok, ok ... RS5 would be perfect. But damn, that M3 tho ... (rinse and repeat)"

Why not consider an M3P if you want acceleration? Faster than anything in the segment.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by richii0207
You seem to care so much about acceleration, you tell me. What are we doing, drag racing? Street racing? Bragging?
I deeply care about it. All the above! I live my life a quarter mile at a time.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by leomio2.0

I love the Blackwing, Its such a monster of a car. The RS5 gets slaughtered by the AWD M3C but looks better IMO . Non Comp M3 on the street is only slightly faster than an M340 but will murder it on a track. But like you said for day to day driving nothing really beats the M340i , it’s reliable and will beat probably 90% of what you encounter on the road , post 2021 M340s can’t be tuned yet but a JB4 with the E50 set up makes the car ridiculously fast. Somebody on Bimmerpost was consistently running an 11.2 quarter mile.
Old 05-05-2022, 03:59 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Kense
I love the Blackwing, Its such a monster of a car. The RS5 gets slaughtered by the AWD M3C but looks better IMO . Non Comp M3 on the street is only slightly faster than an M340 but will murder it on a track. But like you said for day to day driving nothing really beats the M340i , it’s reliable and will beat probably 90% of what you encounter on the road , post 2021 M340s can’t be tuned yet but a JB4 with the E50 set up makes the car ridiculously fast. Somebody on Bimmerpost was consistently running an 11.2 quarter mile.
It sounds like a lot of work for a poor man’s M3 to reach M3P times. You’ll always be in the shadows of an M3. You should have gotten an M3P if you wanted quick dig. If you wanted driver feel, MT would’ve been a priority.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:28 AM
Burning Brakes

It sounds like a lot of work for a poor man’s M3 to reach M3P times. You’ll always be in the shadows of an M3. You should have gotten an M3P if you wanted quick dig. If you wanted driver feel, MT would’ve been a priority.
Learn to read I said The G80 wasn’t out when I got my car but I’m more than happy with it. I know you’re trolling calling a nearly 70k car a “Poor Mans” M3 but no , it’s not a lot of work. A $700 JB4 puts it there and the 2020’s with a $1200 tune are faster but keep trolling.
LOL@ being in the shadow , nobody cares but you.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:42 AM
Pro

Learn to read I said The G80 wasn’t out when I got my car but I’m more than happy with it. I know you’re trolling calling a nearly 70k car a “Poor Mans” M3 but no , it’s not a lot of work. A $700 JB4 puts it there and the 2020’s with a $1200 tune are faster but keep trolling.
LOL@ being in the shadow , nobody cares but you.
It’s still not an M3. Just don’t line up against an M3P. I’m not calling $70k cheap, I’m merely stating the nickname for a vehicle that people who don’t get the M3 settle for.

I can get a Geo Metro to “get there”, but it’s still a Geo Metro.

How is about me? You’re the one here sitting on an Acura forum stroking your ego about how “fast” your BMW is in a TLX Sales thread, yet I’m the one trolling. Insecure much? It’s not my fault you didn’t get an M.

Last edited by richii0207; 05-05-2022 at 09:52 AM.
bilirubin (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 10:12 AM
Burning Brakes

LOL you’re the prototypical insecure Acura fanboy. You wonder why you’re the laughing stock of the car world. Your entire response reeks of insecurity and bitterness but enjoy your Acura Lmao WTF is a M3P smh
Old 05-05-2022, 11:29 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
LOL you’re the prototypical insecure Acura fanboy. You wonder why you’re the laughing stock of the car world. Your entire response reeks of insecurity and bitterness but enjoy your Acura Lmao WTF is a M3P smh
I enjoy my Acura quite a bit thank you very much. Keep in mind each person has their preferences in a car and there is no reason for name calling for belittling someone for their decisions.

I am only quoting you but this statement goes for anyone on these forums; we will not tolerate abuse, name calling or any other negative response towards another person. It is okay to have an opinion on brands but no personal attacks.
The following 3 users liked this post by KrylonBlue:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-09-2022), Legend2TL (05-05-2022), WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 11:52 AM
Pro

I guess I’m an Acura fanboy somehow for not even mentioning Acura for the last few posts. Awesome logic. Resort to typical “fanboy” name calling. Classic to call anyone that disagrees with you a fanboy. Model 3 Performance, and you call yourself a car enthusiast. Don’t take what you drive so personal. Welcome to Acurazine, enjoy your stay here, you’ll be seeing a lot of me.
The following 3 users liked this post by richii0207:
Legend2TL (05-05-2022), Nexx (05-05-2022), WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 12:09 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,178 Likes on 2,594 Posts
Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
I enjoy my Acura quite a bit thank you very much. Keep in mind each person has their preferences in a car and there is no reason for name calling for belittling someone for their decisions.

I am only quoting you but this statement goes for anyone on these forums; we will not tolerate abuse, name calling or any other negative response towards another person. It is okay to have an opinion on brands but no personal attacks.
I guess I’m an Acura fanboy somehow for not even mentioning Acura for the last few posts. Awesome logic. Resort to typical “fanboy” name calling. Classic to call anyone that disagrees with you a fanboy. Model 3 Performance, and you call yourself a car enthusiast. Don’t take what you drive so personal. Welcome to Acurazine, enjoy your stay here, you’ll be seeing a lot of me.
Unfortunately, many in the toxic crowd resort to "Acura Fanboy" name calling taunts as soon as you don't subscribe to their ideas and thoughts.
WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 12:10 PM
AZ Community Team

Knock off the personal attacks, they won't be tolerated.
The following 4 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-09-2022), Edward'TLS (05-05-2022), KrylonBlue (05-05-2022), WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 12:19 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Unfortunately, many in the toxic crowd resort to "Acura Fanboy" name calling taunts as soon as you don't subscribe to their ideas and thoughts.
Ironically, I likely had more BMWs and have worked on them more than him. 🤣
Old 05-05-2022, 12:22 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
Couldn’t that be said about any group though? It’s really the grade school variant of an insult. Right up there with “your mama” jokes.

On topic, as stated above by both Legend2TL and myself, toxicity will not be tolerated. We’re all here because of our common love in cars. It doesn’t matter if that’s an Acura, BMW or even a Reliant Robin.
Legend2TL (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Knock off the personal attacks, they won't be tolerated.
Oh so only I get a warning as he personally attacks me with his thinly veiled I'm too poor to buy an M3, Nice bias you have here.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Sure, in the midst of talking about M3's you randomly bring up a Tesla. Admit you confused an M3 Comp with M3 Performance.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:50 PM
Pro

Sure, in the midst of talking about M3's you randomly bring up a Tesla. Admit you confused an M3 Comp with M3 Performance.
What is an M3 performance? Did you mistaken an imaginary vehicle with what’s labeled on your engine cover? Next time, I’ll spell it out for you so you don’t get confused. Who doesn’t know what an M3P means, besides you?

I never called you poor. You just got offended when I called a vehicle a nickname used by some since the N54. Don’t make yourself a victim.

Last edited by richii0207; 05-05-2022 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:11 PM
AZ Community Team

Oh so only I get a warning as he personally attacks me with his thinly veiled I'm too poor to buy an M3, Nice bias you have here.
You started it by writing

Learn to read I said The G80 wasn’t out when I got my car but I’m more than happy with it. I know you’re trolling calling a nearly 70k car a “Poor Mans” M3 but no , it’s not a lot of work. A $700 JB4 puts it there and the 2020’s with a $1200 tune are faster but keep trolling. LOL@ being in the shadow , nobody cares but you.
then decided to escalate it further, it's on you not my bias as I read through them.

Again, personal attacks will not be tolerated.
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-09-2022), WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 01:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
What is an M3 performance? Did you mistaken an imaginary vehicle with what’s labeled on your engine cover? Next time, I’ll spell it out for you so you don’t get confused. Who doesn’t know what an M3P means, besides you?

I never called you poor. You just got offended when I called a vehicle a nickname used by some since the N54. Don’t make yourself a victim.
So let me get this straight. M3 = Tesla Model 3 or BMW M3, M3C = BMW M3 Competition, and M3P = Tesla Model 3 Performance? I'm sorry, but no hard how the Tesla fanboys try to co-opt the name, M3 will always refer to BMW's car. Any ambiguity is solely the fault of these "enthusiasts". Otherwise, lets just go ahead and just call the Mazda3 an M3 as well; why should they be left out of the conversation?
Old 05-05-2022, 01:23 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by fiatlux
So let me get this straight. M3 = Tesla Model 3 or BMW M3, M3C = BMW M3 Competition, and M3P = Tesla Model 3 Performance? I'm sorry, but no hard how the Tesla fanboys try to co-opt the name, M3 will always refer to BMW's car. Any ambiguity is solely the fault of these "enthusiasts". Otherwise, lets just go ahead and just call the Mazda3 an M3 as well; why should they be left out of the conversation?
Not sure what nomenclature has to do with being a fanboy. It is what it is across numerous car forums. I didn’t start it.

Also, what is with all the fascination of calling others fanboys? It’s quite comical. Do you ever use that slang in car meets when you don’t like something, Marc?
Old 05-05-2022, 01:31 PM
Safety Car

Not sure what nomenclature has to do with being a fanboy. It is what it is across numerous car forums. I didn’t start it.

Also, what is with all the fascination of calling others fanboys? It’s quite comical. Do you ever use that slang in car meets when you don’t like something, Marc?
Because it was the Tesla fanboys who kept pushing on the Model 3 to be referred to as the M3 out of smugness. Around 2018-2019 there were tons of threads on the Tesla forums and subreddit between car enthusiasts who insisted they should stop calling it an M3 because it confuses people, and the Telsa enthusiasts (aka Tesla fanboys) who kept calling it an M3 because they felt the car was superior to the BMW M3. It got to a point where there was even a bot added to correct people when they say M3, but that backfired and got the fanboys to be even more obnoxious about it, and eventually the car enthusiasts gave up because Tesla fanboys are more hardheaded than QAnon folks.
leomio2.0 (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 03:02 PM
Burning Brakes

You called a Model 3 performance an M3P . When we were discussing the M3 and M3C . Who says M3P? Other than somebody trying to deceive to win an argument. Nobody calls a Model 3 an M3P. Calling a car a poor man’s version is insulting and implies one can’t afford something else which is non sense.
Old 05-05-2022, 03:09 PM
Burning Brakes

You started it by writing

then decided to escalate it further, it's on you not my bias as I read through them.

Again, personal attacks will not be tolerated.
So you continue to ignore what I’m responding to and focus on me like I’m randomly responding. Why are you singling me out when he keeps disrespecting me?
Old 05-05-2022, 03:23 PM
Pro

So you continue to ignore what I’m responding to and focus on me like I’m randomly responding. Why are you singling me out when he keeps disrespecting me?
Because you resort to insults from being offended by using a term that’s been around since 2007 with the 335i (poor man’s M3). People new to BMW probably won’t know the term. I hope lsvtec owners don’t get offended when people call their engines “poor man’s type r”.

You went haywire going down a rabbit hole talking eventually talking about drag racing and calling out insults. For a term commonly used everywhere, including bimmerfest.

Last edited by richii0207; 05-05-2022 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 03:37 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
Couldn’t that be said about any group though? It’s really the grade school variant of an insult. Right up there with “your mama” jokes.

On topic, as stated above by both Legend2TL and myself, toxicity will not be tolerated. We’re all here because of our common love in cars. It doesn’t matter if that’s an Acura, BMW or even a Reliant Robin.
QFT!, trying to make this forum a more civil place to discuss the 2G TLX and related topics pertaining to.
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
KrylonBlue (05-05-2022), richii0207 (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 05:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Because you resort to insults from being offended by using a term that’s been around since 2007 with the 335i (poor man’s M3). People new to BMW probably won’t know the term. I hope lsvtec owners don’t get offended when people call their engines “poor man’s type r”.

You went haywire going down a rabbit hole talking eventually talking about drag racing and calling out insults. For a term commonly used everywhere, including bimmerfest.
How can a term for a car that’s only been around for 3 years be “forever “. Nobody calls an M340 a poor man’s anything. It’s called an M Lite if anything. It’s a brand new platform to BMW and it has M parts not just cosmetic mods. Second the way you came at me was people get the M340 because they can’t afford an M3 which is non sense. If anything I would have gotten an M2 which is a better car than an M3 but whatever.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:29 PM
Pro

How can a term for a car that’s only been around for 3 years be “forever “. Nobody calls an M340 a poor man’s anything. It’s called an M Lite if anything. It’s a brand new platform to BMW and it has M parts not just cosmetic mods. Second the way you came at me was people get the M340 because they can’t afford an M3 which is non sense. If anything I would have gotten an M2 which is a better car than an M3 but whatever.
It was always a term used for whatever trim is one step lower than the M3. 335i -> 340i >M340i, based on generations but similar trim. It’s not called an M “lite” by anyone, it’s not an M. Whether you put M stickers, mirrors, rims, or “more powaa”, it’ll never be an M, unless you step up and get one. Maybe you can buy an M, maybe you can buy a Ferrari. But you didn’t.

If you spent less time here and more time on Bimmerfest you’ll learn more about your brand. I am more well-versed in BMW but I’m an Acura “fanboy” according to you.

Last edited by richii0207; 05-05-2022 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
not sure why BMW always comes up in these conversations. Can we all agree that BMW is better and just move on?
Old 05-05-2022, 06:22 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Nexx
not sure why BMW always comes up in these conversations. Can we all agree that BMW is better and just move on?
It’s an ego thing. It’s part of the new car contract, included when renting or leasing, whichever term is appropriate and non-offending. Regardless if you can afford something more expensive or not.

If you post an issue or complaint on Bimmerfest that you’re having with your car, they’ll blame you and not the car since they are so perfect. They are very touchy there with their brand. It’s like a cult there.

Last edited by richii0207; 05-05-2022 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:29 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by Nexx
I always thought that when Bear was gone, there would be peace on Acurazine. But I guess I was wrong, very wrong.

WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 08:40 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
I always had a soft side for BMW and but after their recent fraud, i don't believe their success and I won't call the 3 series King of the Jungle anymore. Probably all the 3-4K sales numbers are fake....Does BMW sell 350K units per year? oh well who knows...fraudsters!
Old 05-06-2022, 08:34 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 340 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
I always thought that when Bear was gone, there would be peace on Acurazine. But I guess I was wrong, very wrong.
not to veer off topic… but bear is gone?!
Old 05-06-2022, 08:43 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
not to veer off topic… but bear is gone?!
Not sure tbh!

I see less "The True Enthusiasts & those who wanted to make Acura great again"! Which is a blessing and I see more and more people are sharing real experience and great feedback.
The following 3 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-09-2022), MarcoTLX (05-06-2022), WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-06-2022, 09:45 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Not sure tbh!

I see less "The True Enthusiasts & those who wanted to make Acura great again"! Which is a blessing and I see more and more people are sharing real experience and great feedback.
BMW made some cuts in their social media department. The remaining employees are picking up the slack.
The following 3 users liked this post by richii0207:
MarcoTLX (05-06-2022), Tony Pac (05-06-2022), WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-06-2022, 11:58 AM
Burning Brakes

It was always a term used for whatever trim is one step lower than the M3. 335i -> 340i >M340i, based on generations but similar trim. It’s not called an M “lite” by anyone, it’s not an M. Whether you put M stickers, mirrors, rims, or “more powaa”, it’ll never be an M, unless you step up and get one. Maybe you can buy an M, maybe you can buy a Ferrari. But you didn’t.

If you spent less time here and more time on Bimmerfest you’ll learn more about your brand. I am more well-versed in BMW but I’m an Acura “fanboy” according to you.
You’re clearly bothered by the fact BMW decided to make an M performance division. Nobody is slapping anything on the car other than BMW. Nobody ever said the car was an M Car. Nobody is trying to make it an M Car , BMW created a lower Tier M model with M Parts like differential and LSD etc. for people who do not want to go Full M. You also clearly have no idea what The car has been called an M lite since it’s debut . These are facts you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:10 PM
AZ Community Team

BMW made some cuts in their social media department. The remaining employees are picking up the slack.
hahahah!

Well said...or BMW is trying to boost sales by paying $25 cent per post in different forums. Afterall, they have to show big numbers to their investors. I am sure next we will hear: BMW bribed $$$$$ to show higher sales number. If VW Group fooled the world, why not BMW.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:16 PM
Pro

You’re clearly bothered by the fact BMW decided to make an M performance division. Nobody is slapping anything on the car other than BMW. Nobody ever said the car was an M Car. Nobody is trying to make it an M Car , BMW created a lower Tier M model with M Parts like differential and LSD etc. for people who do not want to go Full M. You also clearly have no idea what The car has been called an M lite since it’s debut . These are facts you don’t know what you’re talking about.
The M340i basically a current generation 335i/340i. It’s never been called an “M Lite” widespread, unless by maybe you and your friends. It’s nothing new, just the same trim below the M3. They just added the M for marketing. I don’t blame it, it sells, just look at its fan base.

Why are you describing features of the M340i as if we don’t know? You don’t have to be aggressive in your tone, unless it helps make your point across I guess. But your idea of someone not knowing about your car since they don’t own one is naive. I’ll probably be able to disassemble your car, describe its functions/features, and rebuild it better than you can.

On a similar note, the TLX Type-S has a single turbo V6 with AWD.

I just realized I forgot to address your first sentence. So bothered that I’m going tryhard explaining myself in a competitor’s forum under a Sales thread about how fast my car is and that it’s as fast as an M3 even though I could afford one!

Last edited by richii0207; 05-06-2022 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:26 PM
Burning Brakes

The M340i basically a current generation 335i/340i. It’s never been called an “M Lite” widespread, unless by maybe you and your friends. It’s nothing new, just the same trim below the M3. They just added the M for marketing. I don’t blame it, it sells, just look at its fan base.

Why are you describing features of the M340i as if we don’t know? You don’t have to be aggressive in your tone, unless it helps make your point across I guess. But your idea of someone not knowing about your car since they don’t own one is naive. I’ll probably be able to disassemble your car, describe its functions/features, and rebuild it better than you can.

On a similar note, the TLX Type-S has a single turbo V6 with AWD.
The more you post the more it shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. The M340i, M240i and M550i are all new cars by BMW in their own category that are nothing like the previous 340, 240 or 550. All you have to do is Google. Numerous articles call the car an M lite just like C43’s and E53 are AMG lite. It’s not my fault you’re out of touch and have no idea what the cars over there are called . You’re free to go over to Bimmer post and challenge every single owner who calls the car that including M owners and Journalists. You owned a BMW 10 years ago and think you’re really some guru and know more than me lol it’s quite hilarious. Especially since you tried to talk about an N54 in comparison to a B58 reliability LOL. Smh

Last edited by Kense; 05-06-2022 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Pro

The more you post the more it shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. The M340i, M240i and M550i are all new cars by BMW in their own category that are nothing like the previous 340, 240 or 550. All you have to do is Google. Numerous articles call the car an M lite just like C43’s and C53’s are AMG lite. It’s not my fault you’re out of touch and have no idea what the cars over there are called . You’re free to go over to Bimmer post and challenge every single owner who calls the car that including M owners and Journalists. You owned a BMW 10 years ago and think you’re really some guru and know more than me lol it’s quite hilarious. Especially since you tried to talk about an N54 in comparison to a B58 reliability LOL. Smh
Says the guy who is trying to prove a point with how fast his car is in a Sales thread, in an Acura site. *facepalm. The insecurity is real. The obnoxious “LOL” says it all.

FYI they called N54 the modern 2j and termed it reliable. Only to find how it was years later. But good luck on your goal of making your car as fast as an M3.

Now that you own your first BMW, you’re a guru.

Last edited by richii0207; 05-06-2022 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:36 PM
Safety Car

I prefer the term faux-M, but M Lite is used plenty in the media. Sounds like you're the one who's out of touch. It's been called M-Lite for at least 5 years now. All you have to do is google bmw "m-lite", or spend time on any BMW forum, and you'll find no shortage of hits.

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewto...p?f=74&t=89536

https://www.bmwblog.com/2021/01/20/b...rformance-car/
BMW M Lites: Which is the Best BMW M Performance Car?
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/review...-sedan-review/
These M-lite cars deliver much more excitement than their mainstream counterparts while being far more livable than full-M vehicles
https://www.autotrader.ca/editorial/...-m340i-review/
This M lite version is differentiated by unique badging and by replacing blingy chrome with a carbon-like grey trim.
​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: 2021+ Acura TLX & TLX TYPE S Sales Numbers