2021+ Acura TLX & TLX TYPE S Sales Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 07:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 666 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Well, the same 6 Type S are still sitting on my local dealership's lot for the past month. Not quite sure how they can be selling if they're still there...or are you suggesting the buyers are buying them but just aren't taking them home?

Why they're not selling (ADMs) is irrelevant; the fact is that the ones in my area are not selling. Maybe it's different in Canada, but around here I see a decent amount of 4G MDX and have yet to see a single MDX Type S.

I wouldn't compare US to Canada. I've been waiting on a 22 mdx tech awd for 4 months now. Acura simply isn't allocating builds to those. Its Advance, Type-S or nothing
Old 04-09-2022, 05:41 AM
Racer

Received 236 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Acura is putting all their effort towards RDX and MDX. These are best selling vehicles and the demand is insane. Anyone thinking that Acura MDX and MDX- TYPE S are on dealers lots are not selling has no clue.. Acura is delivering these cars to dealers as they sell well. Last month Acura sold 10,000 units of MDX and RDX combined.

The TYPE S is exceeded the expectation of Acura and Honda as I mentioned before. The profit margin is super high on MDX TYPE S.
The Type S (TLX and MDX) have many attributes however it seems that after the initial deliveries in some regions, the MDX inventory is building up at several dealers. Acura is producing primarily Advance and Type S MDX and especially with the pricing of the Type S -they may have gone up the ladder too quickly. Time will tell.

Production of the TLX Type S has been constrained and those are still in high demand and not sitting in inventory at all.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:23 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Originally Posted by Pens Fan
The Type S (TLX and MDX) have many attributes however it seems that after the initial deliveries in some regions, the MDX inventory is building up at several dealers. Acura is producing primarily Advance and Type S MDX and especially with the pricing of the Type S -they may have gone up the ladder too quickly. Time will tell.

Production of the TLX Type S has been constrained and those are still in high demand and not sitting in inventory at all.
agreed about the TLX Type S.

i am happy that MDX type inventory is building up. Acura can produce and has a forecast that those cars will sell. Now of course every region is different. If in your region isn’t selling oh well, too bad. In most regions it’s selling like hot cake. This is not me saying, check the sales numbers of MDX in general.
Old 04-10-2022, 12:24 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
MDX has always been selling well than the waning TLX sedans, even before the pandemic and the auto parts shortage.

So it is a given that Acura redirects all its production resources to make the MDX and MDX-S, rather than churning out the TLX and TLX-S.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:47 AM
Drifting

Received 1,248 Likes on 906 Posts
If the number of MDX sitting in lots is to be believed (not a stretch given the horrendous gas prices and real-world fuel economy being well below EPA estimates), I would imagine ADM slowly dissolving and perhaps creeping below MSRP to compensate for these expensive SUVs. Spending 80k on an Acura or Genesis is usually not "the plan" for many folks shopping in this range.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (04-10-2022)
Old 04-10-2022, 10:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 537 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
If the number of MDX sitting in lots is to be believed (not a stretch given the horrendous gas prices and real-world fuel economy being well below EPA estimates), I would imagine ADM slowly dissolving and perhaps creeping below MSRP to compensate for these expensive SUVs. Spending 80k on an Acura or Genesis is usually not "the plan" for many folks shopping in this range.
Used MDXs in my area are dropping like rocks (I have been watching a few and they decrease by one thousand+ every few days) so it won't be long before new ones start dropping too. While the SUV segment is popular, MPG is going to be a huge issue for them and not because of current gas prices but also because of the MPG requirements on the quickly approaching horizon.
Old 05-02-2022, 01:49 PM
AZ Community Team

Did anyone read this?
BMW Agrees $1.75 Million Settlement For Inflating Sales Lawsuit
https://carbuzz.com/news/bmw-agrees-...-sales-lawsuit

So BMW inflates Sales, VW Group had Dieselgate and MB God knows what's cooking....German are not just the master of engineering but also Master of cooking books
Old 05-02-2022, 08:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Did anyone read this?
BMW Agrees $1.75 Million Settlement For Inflating Sales Lawsuit
https://carbuzz.com/news/bmw-agrees-...-sales-lawsuit

So BMW inflates Sales, VW Group had Dieselgate and MB God knows what's cooking....German are not just the master of engineering but also Master of cooking books
"Dieselgate" gave you a car that polluted more, but was more powerful and more fuel efficient than advertised. If I owned one, I would never have gotten the "fix" if I didn't have to.

That article doesn't state how much the books were actually cooked by BMW ... but knowing big corporations, every manufacturer does it in some way, BMW just got caught this go-around.

Honda used claymores for airbags that literally killed and maimed people. Comparatively, I'd take a better-than-advertised car or an issue that only effects investors over that ...
Old 05-03-2022, 09:01 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
"Dieselgate" gave you a car that polluted more, but was more powerful and more fuel efficient than advertised. If I owned one, I would never have gotten the "fix" if I didn't have to.

That article doesn't state how much the books were actually cooked by BMW ... but knowing big corporations, every manufacturer does it in some way, BMW just got caught this go-around.

Honda used claymores for airbags that literally killed and maimed people. Comparatively, I'd take a better-than-advertised car or an issue that only effects investors over that ...
Of course everything else other brands do is fine and acceptable but Honda/Acura are always the bad guys lol! What else to expect from this forum

That said, BMW fcuked investors big time. I know someone, who works at BMW HQ and he said the numbers were highly inflated and a few key people are getting fired....Bravo BMW! These German companies are very ethical...
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Nexx (05-03-2022), WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-03-2022, 04:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Of course everything else other brands do is fine and acceptable but Honda/Acura are always the bad guys lol! What else to expect from this forum
And on the other side of the coin, there are some on here who believe Honda/Acura can do no wrong.

Back on topic, another bad month for Honda & Acura. Sure ... inventory constraints (as well as greedy mark-ups), but there's a few dealers around me with 20+ MDXs on the lot and half of them are Type-S's. That car is looking like a flop while the TLX-S seems to be a comparative success.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio2.0
And on the other side of the coin, there are some on here who believe Honda/Acura can do no wrong.

Back on topic, another bad month for Honda & Acura. Sure ... inventory constraints (as well as greedy mark-ups), but there's a few dealers around me with 20+ MDXs on the lot and half of them are Type-S's. That car is looking like a flop while the TLX-S seems to be a comparative success.

No sane person is going to pay $70+K for an MDX
MarcoTLX (05-03-2022)
Old 05-03-2022, 05:55 PM
Drifting

Received 1,248 Likes on 906 Posts
MDX's sitting on lots? You don't say.
Old 05-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Kense
No sane person is going to pay $70+K for an MDX
Why not? If I didn’t have my TLX, would’ve gotten the MDX.

Last edited by richii0207; 05-03-2022 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 340 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by richii0207
cause it’s a lot of money for an Acura SUV tbh and it doesn’t help that dealers are piling on options and/or markup on them. And at that price point better options tend to open up.

As another member here has stated, this is rarefied air for Acura. Customers buying cars that are $70K+ are vastly different from those buying cars in the $30-$50K range that Acura is used to operating in. Aside from the handful of Land Cruiser and LX or LS buyers, flagship luxury car buyers don't really care all that much about long-term reliability nor value, which is Acura's perceived strong suit. So they’re evidently struggling to sell all the Type-S MDXs they have built and sent to all the dealers. The Base, Tech and A-Spec MDXs are selling quite better though
Old 05-03-2022, 09:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
cause it’s a lot of money for an Acura SUV tbh and it doesn’t help that dealers are piling on options and/or markup on them. And at that price point better options tend to open up.

As another member here has stated, this is rarefied air for Acura. Customers buying cars that are $70K+ are vastly different from those buying cars in the $30-$50K range that Acura is used to operating in. Aside from the handful of Land Cruiser and LX or LS buyers, flagship luxury car buyers don't really care all that much about long-term reliability nor value, which is Acura's perceived strong suit. So they’re evidently struggling to sell all the Type-S MDXs they have built and sent to all the dealers. The Base, Tech and A-Spec MDXs are selling quite better though
Are Acuras supposed to be cheap? You get a hell lot of utility for that SUV. I’m confused about some of the misconceptions on the forums here.

First, the competition thread was derailed by magazine racers who are stuck in their high school days hypnotized about 0-60 times and know nothing about anything else or can’t figure out why someone would buy a “slower” car.

Then there are those who perceive those who purchase a vehicle that does not interest them as “not sane”. If you can get a new car for under $20k, why would someone buy one for $50k more? Why does someone buy a house when they can just get an apartment? Because they want to, and could. I personally wouldn’t waste my time on a lease/rental due to abysmal ROI, but who am I to tell people how to spend their money?

Times are changing, $30k in 2010 is not $30k today. Prices of EVERYTHING goes up over time.

Last edited by richii0207; 05-03-2022 at 09:20 PM.
WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 08:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 537 Likes on 346 Posts
Plus the price of gas, who wants a 15 MPG vehicle right now?

Are Acuras supposed to be cheap? You get a hell lot of utility for that SUV. I’m confused about some of the misconceptions on the forums here.
Yes. The quality, reliability and overall ownership experience is not up to par once you start pushing into this type of pricing territory. Acura's success is from being a bargain luxury/sporty brand. But now Honda is quickly closing the gap (the fact that the Accord Touring offers useful features that most TLX trims does not is bizarre) along with some others and Acura is now in an arena it doesn't know how to play in.
MarcoTLX (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 09:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
The MDX Type-S could be slowly venturing into RLX territory. At least both hybrid versions were very interesting, both performance and mileage wise. The Type-S is playing with huge players and the equipment list is not revolutionary even if "cheaper" (dependent on dealerships). Especially when it's competition is about to refresh all their engines with prices of gas exploding.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 05-04-2022 at 09:26 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pyrodan007:
ESHBG (05-04-2022), MarcoTLX (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 10:59 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
The MDX Type-S could be slowly venturing into RLX territory. At least both hybrid versions were very interesting, both performance and mileage wise. The Type-S is playing with huge players and the equipment list is not revolutionary even if "cheaper" (dependent on dealerships). Especially when it's competition is about to refresh all their engines with prices of gas exploding.
With the 2026 MPG mandate, we’ll likely be seeing a downsize in liters for ICE with hybrid technology if the car manufacturers are adamant with sticking with ICE. Full electric is the way to go but manufacturers have a long way to go to play catch-up to Tesla’s tech.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts

First, the competition thread was derailed by magazine racers who are stuck in their high school days hypnotized about 0-60 times and know nothing about anything else or can’t figure out why someone would buy a “slower” car.

Then there are those who perceive those who purchase a vehicle that does not interest them as “not sane”. If you can get a new car for under $20k, why would someone buy one for $50k more? Why does someone buy a house when they can just get an apartment? Because they want to, and could. I personally wouldn’t waste my time on a lease/rental due to abysmal ROI, but who am I to tell people how to spend their money?

Times are changing, $30k in 2010 is not $30k today. Prices of EVERYTHING goes up over time.
Acuras have largely been about offering the best value in its class. Almost every plaudit Acura gets is followed with the caveat "for the money". Everytime people bring up the M340i, the fallback for TLX Type S buyer is "well, the Type S is better value; the M340i costs more".

The problem is that when you're talking about $70K+ crossovers, value and long term reliability becomes less of a consideration. At this price point, it's not that much of a stretch to jump up to something like a 500hp SQ7. And for those who don't care for that much power and are looking for something that more directly competes with the MDX Type S, there are other stalwarts like the Q7 55, base X5 or base X7, GLE450 or GLS, XC90 T8, etc. And finally for those that aren't enthusiasts and are looking for value (which is the traditional Acura buyer), the MDX is a perfectly fine option that costs significantly less. It's an awfully crowded space, and it's hard for an Acura to set itself apart in a way that resonates with these kinds of buyers. Of course, there are buyers who will buy these cars, but definitely not in the same numbers that buy the other brands.

Alex on Autos put it best: "If you go to the country club in a BMW or Mercedes, everyone will think your finances are just fine. But if you roll up in an Acura, people are going to wonder what happened to your trust fund."

For everyone talking about how people aren't going to be buying Genesis cars because nobody is going to want to pay that much for a Genesis...that's true. But the exact same can be said of an Acura priced north of $70K.

Last edited by fiatlux; 05-04-2022 at 11:43 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ELIN (05-05-2022), MarcoTLX (05-04-2022), pyrodan007 (05-05-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 11:43 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Acuras have largely been about offering the best value in its class. Almost every plaudit Acura gets is followed with the caveat "for the money". Everytime people bring up the M340i, the fallback for TLX Type S buyer is "well, the Type S is better value; the M340i costs more".

The problem is that when you're talking about $70K+ crossovers, value and long term reliability becomes less of a consideration. At this price point, it's not that much of a stretch to jump up to something like a 500hp SQ7. And for those who don't care for that much power and are looking for something that more directly competes with the MDX Type S, there are other stalwarts like the Q7 55, base X5 or base X7, GLE450 or GLS, XC90 T8, etc. And finally for those that aren't enthusiasts and are looking for value (which is the traditional Acura buyer), the MDX is a perfectly fine option that costs significantly less. It's an awfully crowded space, and it's hard for an Acura to set itself apart in a way that resonates with these kinds of buyers. Of course, there are buyers who will buy these cars, but definitely not in the same numbers that buy the other brands.

Alex on Autos put it best: "If you go to the country club in a BMW or Mercedes, everyone will think your finances are just fine. But if you roll up in an Acura, people are going to wonder what happened to your trust fund."
Doen't that apply to every other vehicle in this segment? Even if MDX-S had say 385 hp instead of 355, nothing would have changed on its relative placement in the segment.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:45 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by alpha0
Doen't that apply to every other vehicle in this segment? Even if MDX-S had say 385 hp instead of 355, nothing would have changed on its relative placement in the segment.
Correct; Acura would have to really blow things open to set themselves apart in this segment because they're already playing from behind with the lack of brand cachet. The problem is that the MDX Type S speaks to enthusiasts, whereas the competiting cars in the segments are more-or-less mainline cars aimed at mainstream buyers. The XC90 T8 can lean on it being a PHEV to set itself apart. The MDX Type S...I'm struggling to identify what its standout feature is other than "value" and handling (which is probably low on the priority list for a 3-row family crossover).

I've said before, I think what Acura needed to do was put this more powerful engine in this car, but do away with all the other "performance" and audio stuff that the majority of crossover buyers don't give two shits about. Get rid of the Brembos, get rid of the quad exhaust, get rid of the huge wheels, get rid of the air suspension, get rid of the 284 speakers, price this in the high-50s to low-60s to undercut the competition, and it would likely sell much better. The regular MDX is already a really good car that could just use a little bit more power. It's unfortunate that the only way to get all that power is in a car substantially more expensive and loaded with performace bits most people will never notice.

Last edited by fiatlux; 05-04-2022 at 11:52 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ESHBG (05-04-2022), leomio2.0 (05-04-2022), MarcoTLX (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 12:00 PM
Pro

For everyone talking about how people aren't going to be buying Genesis cars because nobody is going to want to pay that much for a Genesis...that's true. But the exact same can be said of an Acura priced north of $70K.
Few things to address

To the first bold: Not everyone buys for 0-60 speed. Nobody mentioned the M340i vs Type S on this thread lately. A similar equipped 330i costs closer to the TLX Type S than a bare-bones poor man’s M3 (M340i).

Second bold point: Regardless of pricing, value is still important whether something is expensive to you or not. Why the fascination with the horsepower? Get a MYP or trackhawk if speed is the only thing you care about.

Third bold: Insecure. Why would I care what others think? Do you do things for yourself or to show off?

Last edited by richii0207; 05-04-2022 at 12:02 PM.
WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 12:03 PM
Safety Car

Few things to address

To the first bold: Not everyone buys for 0-60 speed. Nobody mentioned the M340i vs Type S on this thread lately. A similar equipped 330i costs closer to the TLX Type S than a bare-bones poor man’s M3 (M340i).

Second bold point: Regardless of pricing, value is still important whether something is expensive to you or not. Why the fascination with the horsepower? Get a MYP or trackhawk if speed is the only thing you care about.

Third bold: Why would I care what others think? Do you do things for yourself or to show off?
Case in point; it's always about the price and value.

As for brand catchet, you may not care, but most buyers do. There's no two ways about it. If that weren't the case, then why even create a luxury brand? Why not just sell Acuras as Hondas? It's not like the dealership experience is any better anyways, and the parts are all mostly the same.

There's a reason why Lexus killed off the Toyota Land Cruiser in the US and kept the virtually identical Lexus LX. They know: brand cachet matters.
MarcoTLX (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 12:13 PM
Pro

Case in point; it's always about the price and value.

As for brand catchet, you may not care, but most buyers do. There's no two ways about it. If that weren't the case, then why even create a luxury brand? Why not just sell Acuras as Hondas? It's not like the dealership experience is any better anyways, and the parts are all mostly the same.

There's a reason why Lexus killed off the Toyota Land Cruiser in the US and kept the virtually identical Lexus LX. They know: brand cachet matters.
Absolutely. Isn’t that what financial responsibility is?
Old 05-04-2022, 12:15 PM
Safety Car

Absolutely. Isn’t that what financial responsibility is?
Financial responsibility is not spending beyond your means. It has nothing to do with buying for value. If it were strictly about value, nobody would be buying Porsches crossovers, but what do you know, they sell quite well.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Few things to address

Third bold: Insecure. Why would I care what others think? Do you do things for yourself or to show off?
How does a 330i cost as much as a Type S? Type S's are marked up to M340 Prices. You can get a 330i for the mid 40's. Can you get a Type S in the Mid 40s? Also LOL at Poor mans M3. If a person can afford an M340i they can afford an M3. You're talking a couple hundred difference in monthly payments.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Why not? Because Acura is the Bargain brand, When you start talking 70+K you're encroaching into the upper tier brands like Mercedes, Audi and BMW. If somebody can afford to pay 73K for an MDX they will just get a Q8, X5 M50i etc. Before you start saying nobody cares about 0-60 times or speed. Then get a regular MDX then. I don't know why this keeps coming up about Nobody cares about 0-60 times or speed etc when Acura Clearly does by making Type S versions.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kense:
ELIN (05-05-2022), MarcoTLX (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 01:59 PM
Pro

How does a 330i cost as much as a Type S? Type S's are marked up to M340 Prices. You can get a 330i for the mid 40's. Can you get a Type S in the Mid 40s? Also LOL at Poor mans M3. If a person can afford an M340i they can afford an M3. You're talking a couple hundred difference in monthly payments.
Why else would someone choose an M340i over an M3?

When will you magazine racers learn that there’s more to performance than 0-60?

And German brand is an upper tier brand? Talk about German elitists. I left that egotistical behavior at the bimmerpost forums where the users think everything other than BMW is second when I got rid of mine. I wouldn’t consider a money pit brand as elite. Isn’t that why you leased yours instead ?
WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Why else would someone choose an M340i over an M3?

When will you magazine racers learn that there’s more to performance than 0-60?

And German brand is an upper tier brand? Talk about German elitists. I left that egotistical behavior at the bimmerpost forums where the users think everything other than BMW is second when I got rid of mine. I wouldn’t consider a money pit brand as elite. Isn’t that why you leased yours instead ?
First of all M3’s are track cars. You only feel the difference of a full M car at high speeds on a track and high speed cornering. The M340 costs the same as the Outgoing F80. For a Daily you get nearly the same power without the harsher ride. Not everyone wants or needs a full on M car. I got mine before the G80 was even available.

The facts are elitist? Nearly everybody on earth but you knows that BMW, Mercedes, Audi and even Lexus are seen higher than Acura and Infiniti. These are facts. Has nothing to do with elitist. I lease all my cars including my Infiniti Red Sport and my old ISF because I like trying new Cars. The B58 and ZF are reliable sorry to burst your stereotypes. As far as your magazine racer comment , I actually take my car to Sonoma raceway and drag with friends and other cars so your comment means nothing to me. You seem very upset. If I didn’t care about 0-60 I’d get a 330i. Are you a formula one driver? I doubt you drive around flying around corners all day. It’s not like taking corners at 80 on your way to Whole Foods is a daily thing.

Last edited by Kense; 05-04-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:25 PM
Pro

First of all M3’s are track cars. You only feel the difference of a full M car at high speeds on a track and high speed cornering. The M340 costs the same as the Outgoing F80. For a Daily you get nearly the same power without the harsher ride. Not everyone wants or needs a full on M car. I got mine before the G80 was even available.

The facts are elitist? Nearly everybody on earth but you knows that BMW, Mercedes, Audi and even Lexus are seen higher than Acura and Infiniti. These are facts. Has nothing to do with elitist. I lease all my cars including my Infiniti Red Sport and my old ISF because I like trying new Cars. The B58 and ZF are reliable sorry to burst your stereotypes. As far as your magazine racer comment , I actually take my car to Sonoma raceway and drag with friends and other cars so your comment means nothing to me. You seem very upset. If I didn’t care about 0-60 I’d get a 330i. Are you a formula one driver? I doubt you drive around flying around corners all day. It’s not like taking corners at 80 on your way to Whole Foods is a daily thing.
So people don’t get the M4 over the M340i because they don’t likely need the extra speed. But by that same token, some find it difficult to grasp why someone would pick a TLX Type S over an M340i? See the flaw there?

Everyone was hyped, including me, when the N54 was developed and released. Now look at it…but what do I know, I’ve never owned anything other than a Honda . /s

Upset about what? Is that your jab? Don’t mistaken my long post for being upset, because by that same reason, you’re about to blow a head gasket. You must be new to German engineering, particularly to BMW. Latecomers never understood the annoyance of the N54 maintenance.

It doesn’t surprise me that you drag race, it fits the acceleration obsession.

Last edited by richii0207; 05-04-2022 at 02:28 PM.
WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 02:31 PM
Pro

Here you go.
https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...09xnab/summary
Old 05-04-2022, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

So people don’t get the M4 over the M340i because they don’t likely need the extra speed. But by that same token, some find it difficult to grasp why someone would pick a TLX Type S over an M340i? See the flaw there?

Everyone was hyped, including me, when the N54 was developed and released. Now look at it…but what do I know, I’ve never owned anything other than a Honda . /s

Upset about what? Is that your jab? Don’t mistaken my long post for being upset, because by that same reason, you’re about to blow a head gasket. You must be new to German engineering, particularly to BMW. Latecomers never understood the annoyance of the N54 maintenance.

It doesn’t surprise me that you drag race, it fits the acceleration obsession.
That’s not what I said. Nobody is driving over 130 MPH on regular roads . The M340 is designed for street use with hard low end torque . The M cars are geared for high speeds that you can’t use in everyday driving . You don’t benefit from the M cars power until higher speeds past 80 where it pulls hard and the different chassis for track use. It’s nothing like what you’re comparing.

N54? Why are you bringing up a motor not in my Car. The B58 is a well known well respected and reliable motor. What does an N54 have to do with a B58 or S58 for that matter?

Who doesn’t care about accelerating fast if you’re buying performance oriented cars? If you didn’t why not get a Corolla and call it a day. Coming out of corners fast matters to me. I’m fact I ordered a JB4 which will put me at a low 3 second zero to 60 the same straight line speed as a M3/4 competition. Yeah I care and anybody with a dragy cares.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

If you had BMWs as you say you’d know they are heavily discounted. Nobody is paying that for a 330 .
Old 05-04-2022, 03:08 PM
Pro

That’s not what I said. Nobody is driving over 130 MPH on regular roads . The M340 is designed for street use with hard low end torque . The M cars are geared for high speeds that you can’t use in everyday driving . You don’t benefit from the M cars power until higher speeds past 80 where it pulls hard and the different chassis for track use. It’s nothing like what you’re comparing.

N54? Why are you bringing up a motor not in my Car. The B58 is a well known well respected and reliable motor. What does an N54 have to do with a B58 or S58 for that matter?

Who doesn’t care about accelerating fast if you’re buying performance oriented cars? If you didn’t why not get a Corolla and call it a day. Coming out of corners fast matters to me. I’m fact I ordered a JB4 which will put me at a low 3 second zero to 60 the same straight line speed as a M3/4 competition. Yeah I care and anybody with a dragy cares.
Get a real tune, piggybacks are garbage. Here we go with the 0-60 again. While for 3 seconds you can see the side windows of the M3, it’ll outbrake and handle you by a wide margin.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Get a real tune, piggybacks are garbage. Here we go with the 0-60 again. While for 3 seconds you can see the side windows of the M3, it’ll outbrake and handle you by a wide margin.
Have you seen the performance numbers for the TLX Type-S? Rich coming from an Acura fanboy.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:45 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
Have you seen the performance numbers for the TLX Type-S? Rich coming from an Acura fanboy.
No, can you share more 0-60 numbers too? Fanboy? I’ve probably owned more BMWs than Hondas/Acuras 🤣. You can call me whatever you want. Don’t you have more car magazines to read?
WTF.Acura (05-22-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 04:58 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 340 Likes on 229 Posts
Lol well the bottom line is the MDX Type-S aren’t really selling and from what I see some dealerships are starting to discount them just to get them sold. One person on the Acura Reddit forum said he bought a MDX Type-S from a dealership and was able to buy it for ~$3000 under MSRP.

Makes me wish the TLX Type-S met the same fate but those are selling well lol
Old 05-04-2022, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

LOL, considering there isn't a Tune Available for the 21+ M340's I can't get a "real tune". Yes here we go with the 0-60 again, No shit the M3 will out handle me, but what are we doing Slalom racing? 99% of people with M Cars don't go to the track they line up side by side on the street. Who gives AF
Old 05-04-2022, 05:45 PM
Pro

LOL, considering there isn't a Tune Available for the 21+ M340's I can't get a "real tune". Yes here we go with the 0-60 again, No shit the M3 will out handle me, but what are we doing Slalom racing? 99% of people with M Cars don't go to the track they line up side by side on the street. Who gives AF
You seem to care so much about acceleration, you tell me. What are we doing, drag racing? Street racing? Bragging?
Old 05-04-2022, 07:24 PM
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts
richii0207 (05-04-2022)

Quick Reply: 2021+ Acura TLX & TLX TYPE S Sales Numbers