2021 Acura TLX Reviews **2024 TLX Reviews (starting page 70)**

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 05:02 PM
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Comfort and audio has nothing to do with practicality. If it did, then a Mercedes SL would be more practical than a Honda Fit. Practicality is about usability, utility, and versatility.
Did not say that comfort and audio = practicality but okay.

Last edited by richii0207; 07-15-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-15-2022, 07:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by richii0207
Definitely not more practical. CTR and Type S owner here. Worlds apart in comfort, convenience, and audio. I wouldn’t mind driving the CTR for long trips which I have, but my back will thank me once I’m there and the audio/seats/front seating space makes it much more enjoyable. On the backroads or track is a different story.
Yes there is less legroom with the TLX but other than that, the overall comfort is much better. At the end of the day, a CTR rides like a regular civic if your on a highway.
True. I'd probably give the nod to the TLX-S based on the comfort aspect alone (personally couldn't care less about audio), but having a hatch during CostCo runs would be a plus, along with not dealing with the trunk brace. Not that it really matters ... I'll never own a CTR based solely on the principal that I'll never ever pay their exorbitant mark-ups. The fact they're transferring production to Indiana ... perhaps it bodes well for increased production figures ... but even then, I doubt it will help. Perusing the interwebs, I found a Reddit post of someone who works in a Canadian dealership that still has two brand new 2020 CTRs and they're still asking $58k USD for them. I really wish Honda would pull the plug and simply give the option of buy-direct CTRs ... I see plenty of backlash towards the brand because of what scumbag dealers are doing to with the car. No way I'm paying RS3 money for a friggin' Civic.
Old 07-15-2022, 07:52 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
True. I'd probably give the nod to the TLX-S based on the comfort aspect alone (personally couldn't care less about audio), but having a hatch during CostCo runs would be a plus, along with not dealing with the trunk brace. Not that it really matters ... I'll never own a CTR based solely on the principal that I'll never ever pay their exorbitant mark-ups. The fact they're transferring production to Indiana ... perhaps it bodes well for increased production figures ... but even then, I doubt it will help. Perusing the interwebs, I found a Reddit post of someone who works in a Canadian dealership that still has two brand new 2020 CTRs and they're still asking $58k USD for them. I really wish Honda would pull the plug and simply give the option of buy-direct CTRs ... I see plenty of backlash towards the brand because of what scumbag dealers are doing to with the car. No way I'm paying RS3 money for a friggin' Civic.
Eekk! Yea it’s really unfortunate when so many dealer’s markup vehicles, whether it’s RS3s going for 85k or CTRs for 58k. If you’re interested in a CTR, there are a few dealers that sold them at MSRP and will likely sell the 11th gen at MSRP too. You may want to look at civicx forums for more information though. It is one hell of a car at MSRP FWIW. I’m still blown away at what Honda was able to achieve with it, let alone being a FWD platform. It’s pure wizardry.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Eekk! Yea it’s really unfortunate when so many dealer’s markup vehicles, whether it’s RS3s going for 85k or CTRs for 58k. If you’re interested in a CTR, there are a few dealers that sold them at MSRP and will likely sell the 11th gen at MSRP too. You may want to look at civicx forums for more information though. It is one hell of a car at MSRP FWIW. I’m still blown away at what Honda was able to achieve with it, let alone being a FWD platform. It’s pure wizardry.
Agreed that at MSRP, it's a helluva vehicle. I recently looked on CivicX and there's a thread as to whether people are looking to trade-in for the 11G and it seems the overwhelming sentiment is that most are keeping their 10Gs. The biggest reasons are because they either don't like the new styling or because they don't want to go thru the buying process again. With mark-ups the way they were before a supply shortage, I can't even begin to imagine what dealers will be doing once these things actually hit lots. We were seeing LE's being listed in the mid-$60k this time last year ... I'd imagine similar insane price tags when the 11G lands.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (07-16-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 10:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,445 Likes on 1,892 Posts
Did not say that comfort and audio = practicality but okay.
Definitely not more practical. CTR and Type S owner here. Worlds apart in comfort, convenience, and audio.

Yes there is less legroom with the TLX but other than that, the overall comfort is much better. At the end of the day, a CTR rides like a regular civic if your on a highway.
Uh yes you did.

You say the CTR is not more practical, and then follow up with how the "comfort, convenience, and audio" is worlds apart. That sure sounds like you're using "comfort, convenience, and audio" to explain why the CTR is not more practical.

You then say "Yes there is less legroom with the TLX but other than that, the overall comfort is much better". That sure sounds like you're saying it's not more practical because the TLX is more comfortable.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:11 PM
Pro

Uh yes you did.

You say the CTR is not more practical, and then follow up with how the "comfort, convenience, and audio" is worlds apart. That sure sounds like you're using "comfort, convenience, and audio" to explain why the CTR is not more practical.

You then say "Yes there is less legroom with the TLX but other than that, the overall comfort is much better". That sure sounds like you're saying it's not more practical because the TLX is more comfortable.
No I didn’t but whatever makes you happy. It sounds like you’re pretty desperate to find something to say as usual. We’ve already moved on with the conversation and you’re stuck on dissecting a past statement of mine just to try to prove a point which isn’t a surprise given the type of person you are.

Last edited by richii0207; 07-15-2022 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2022, 07:17 AM
Pro

Agreed that at MSRP, it's a helluva vehicle. I recently looked on CivicX and there's a thread as to whether people are looking to trade-in for the 11G and it seems the overwhelming sentiment is that most are keeping their 10Gs. The biggest reasons are because they either don't like the new styling or because they don't want to go thru the buying process again. With mark-ups the way they were before a supply shortage, I can't even begin to imagine what dealers will be doing once these things actually hit lots. We were seeing LE's being listed in the mid-$60k this time last year ... I'd imagine similar insane price tags when the 11G lands.
True. There a few owners that are looking for more mature style and Honda to come up with a factory solution for the CTR overheating on low speed tracks. But considering how many owners have already configured it for their track needs, I can see why they seem reluctant to start over again. If some dealers were already charging a hefty ADM, their ADM for the new CTR will be astronomical.

Last edited by richii0207; 07-16-2022 at 07:19 AM.
MarcoTLX (07-16-2022)
Old 07-16-2022, 02:12 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 375 Likes on 249 Posts
Uh yes you did.

well wouldn’t the CTR be more comparable to the Integra Type-S that’s coming? One could guess Integra-S would come with 290hp which might be too generous with Acura at the current moment
Old 07-17-2022, 08:29 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,294 Likes on 2,649 Posts
2021 Acura TLX Type S REVIEW // I Want You to Want Me

Old 07-19-2022, 11:02 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,294 Likes on 2,649 Posts
Definitely not more practical. CTR and Type S owner here. Worlds apart in comfort, convenience, and audio. I wouldn’t mind driving the CTR for long trips which I have, but my back will thank me once I’m there and the audio/seats/front seating space makes it much more enjoyable. On the backroads or track is a different story.
I'll start off by stating
1) Everybody is entitled to their opinion
2) No opinion is wrong

That said, I totally agree with you that comfort is part of practicality. I've done some road trips in some sporty cars (400+ miles in a 993) that were not very comfortable due to the stiff suspension and hard overly supportive seats which make them unpractical cars for long distance. So yes comfort is a part of practicality in cars. Audio, less so to me but a quiet cabin and quality audio system make a long trip feel shorter listening to tunes. Others may have different opinions but that's only their opinion not a fact.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 07-19-2022 at 11:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
MarcoTLX (07-20-2022), richii0207 (07-19-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 12:54 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
I'll start off by stating
1) Everybody is entitled to their opinion
2) No opinion is wrong

That said, I totally agree with you that comfort is part of practicality. I've done some road trips in some sporty cars (400+ miles in a 993) that were not very comfortable due to the stiff suspension and hard overly supportive seats which make them unpractical cars for long distance. So yes comfort is a part of practicality in cars. Audio, less so to me but a quiet cabin and quality audio system make a long trip feel shorter listening to tunes. Others may have different opinions but that's only their opinion not a fact.
I forgot to add the fact that having AWD allows for year-round usage along with AT so that others who don’t know how to drive MT can still use it. Having a MT really cuts down the number of people who can use it.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:10 AM
Burning Brakes

This is why the Golf R is so enticing to me. If the interior interface wasn't so heinous, I'd seriously be considering one, if not already own one (if I could find out at MSRP). If they brought over the RS3 wagon, I'd be chomping at the bit to get one, but Audi has already said they never plan to.
ESHBG (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 09:35 AM
Pro

This is why the Golf R is so enticing to me. If the interior interface wasn't so heinous, I'd seriously be considering one, if not already own one (if I could find out at MSRP). If they brought over the RS3 wagon, I'd be chomping at the bit to get one, but Audi has already said they never plan to.
The Golf R is a nice hatch but 45k is a bit much for a Golf which makes it a tough sell. Especially when you have a CTR that’s significantly less and performs better overall on tracks and costs less to maintain.

Last edited by richii0207; 07-20-2022 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 14 Posts
The Golf R is a nice hatch but 45k is a bit much for a Golf which makes it a tough sell. Especially when you have a CTR that’s significantly less and performs better overall on tracks and costs less to maintain.
That's not true at all. MK7/7.5 Golf R's were 41-42k the new MK8 is 45k. The previous CTR was 39-45k, idk if pricing has been released yet for the new model. The R also came with more features than the Type R. Comparing apples to oranges...
Golf R vs Type R
Old 07-20-2022, 12:03 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by tsxV6
That's not true at all.

MK7/7.5 Golf R's were 41-42k the new MK8 is 45k.

The previous CTR was 39-45k, idk if pricing has been released yet for the new model.

The R also came with more features than the Type R.

Comparing apples to oranges...
Golf R vs Type R
The previous CTR was 39-45k, idk if pricing has been released yet for the new model.
The base CTR (2021 last model) of the outgoing model had an MSRP of 38k. The 45K was for the LE (limited edition) CTR which is the same price as a base Golf R.

The R also came with more features than the Type R.
Aside from AWD and wireless CarPlay/Android, what other features?

Comparing apples to oranges...”
Actually, they are in the same class (DS) during race events. If you go to a track event, they compete against each other, so they are direct competitors on the track. Apples to apples considering that they are both track-purpose derivatives of their brand’s economic hatchbacks and directly compete with each other.

Last edited by richii0207; 07-20-2022 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:32 PM
Burning Brakes

True, but getting a Golf R (at least the previous gen) at MSRP or slightly less was actually a possibility. Usually you couldn't get much off from what I was seeing, but still saw people paying less than sticker. Finding people who paid MSRP for a CTR are unicorns, and even the ones who did had to pay for mandatory accessories. I have never heard of anyone getting a discount off sticker. So, in the end, most people were paying the same, if not more than a Golf R for their CTRs.

But the price premium is also paying for the AWD system as well as a more upscale interior (albeit, I'm not a fan of the interface). I couldn't care less about track performance. The Golf R is plenty capable enough on the street while maintaining better ride quality. Plus, the crowd/people-type the CTR attracts would, by itself, almost be enough to dissuade me from getting it.

EDIT: Speaking of which, almost forgot that the CTR is being unveiled tonight! Woohoo!

Last edited by leomio2.0; 07-20-2022 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2022, 04:10 PM
Pro

True, but getting a Golf R (at least the previous gen) at MSRP or slightly less was actually a possibility. Usually you couldn't get much off from what I was seeing, but still saw people paying less than sticker. Finding people who paid MSRP for a CTR are unicorns, and even the ones who did had to pay for mandatory accessories. I have never heard of anyone getting a discount off sticker. So, in the end, most people were paying the same, if not more than a Golf R for their CTRs.

But the price premium is also paying for the AWD system as well as a more upscale interior (albeit, I'm not a fan of the interface). I couldn't care less about track performance. The Golf R is plenty capable enough on the street while maintaining better ride quality. Plus, the crowd/people-type the CTR attracts would, by itself, almost be enough to dissuade me from getting it.

EDIT: Speaking of which, almost forgot that the CTR is being unveiled tonight! Woohoo!
For the same price and package you are looking for, wouldn’t an S3 seem like a better buy compared to the Golf considering they are nearly the same MSRP?

You could have found a CTR at MSRP if you were willing to put some tedious effort into calling dealers across the state or even next state over. Many other owners who couldn’t find a local CTR at MSRP either had them shipped or drove to another city/state to pick it up. The naughty dealers knew the car would still sell above MSRP. I was fortunate enough to only drive across town for mine.

Yea! Looking forward to tonight’s reveal of the CTR as well! Most interested in what they changed in regards to cooling.

Last edited by richii0207; 07-20-2022 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:35 PM
Burning Brakes

For the same price and package you are looking for, wouldn’t an S3 seem like a better buy compared to the Golf considering they are nearly the same MSRP?

You could have found a CTR at MSRP if you were willing to put some tedious effort into calling dealers across the state or even next state over. Many other owners who couldn’t find a local CTR at MSRP either had them shipped or drove to another city/state to pick it up. The naughty dealers knew the car would still sell above MSRP. I was fortunate enough to only drive across town for mine.

Yea! Looking forward to tonight’s reveal of the CTR as well! Most interested in what they changed in regards to cooling.
Built the way I'd want them, the S3 would come out to ~$5k more and I'm not a fan of compact sedans. I know it's not a massive change, but I have a soft spot for "hot hatches" ... and the CTR semi-qualifies having a liftback. I would never have bought the previous gen CTR simply due to the styling ... it was just too much for my personal tastes. The new one, at least from pics, looks like a real winner in my book with a much more muted look. I'd consider it, but I don't think I want to wait the 2-3+ years for prices to come down out of the stratosphere. Regardless, neither the CTR nor the Golf R are really near the top of my list as contenders for my next vehicle, but you never know.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Love everything about this upcoming CTR, inside and out. The leaked photos were spot on. I like the fact that they muted the interior as well (the red carpets would be the first thing to go). Good job, Honda.
Old 07-21-2022, 01:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Looks good so far but, need to see some performance numbers.
Old 09-19-2022, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Old 09-19-2022, 02:33 PM
Family Hauler

Received 165 Likes on 79 Posts
Brace yourselves! The nay sayers will be in here to drag the TLX-S through the mud again.

On a positive note, I enjoyed the review by Sam. Seems like good, honest, feedback.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by caLiTLX
Brace yourselves! The nay sayers will be in here to drag the TLX-S through the mud again.

On a positive note, I enjoyed the review by Sam. Seems like good, honest, feedback.
Actually, I agree with him on mostly everything (at least he was honest). Go find my posted TLX review, and you will see those same remarks (but in written form).

But one major difference is I only wanted to buy one car for myself to drive (for the next few years). We like to keep our vehicles garaged, we only have a 2-car garage, and the wife gets her pick of sides.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:00 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,619 Likes on 976 Posts
Here you go, one review woke up after 18 months 😂

They will all wake up with time and realize this that TLX/TLX Type S are one of the best cars in its segment. Sure, it’s not the fastest and we know that and not a single normal person will buy a 4 door sedan to do 0-60 all day long.

once again, TLX offers a great package and the price is on point! Those who own this car or have driven
it for an extended period of time will tell you one thing: awesome car!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Big_Slick (09-20-2022), MarcoTLX (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 09:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Here you go, one review woke up after 18 months 😂

They will all wake up with time and realize this that TLX/TLX Type S are one of the best cars in its segment. Sure, it’s not the fastest and we know that and not a single normal person will buy a 4 door sedan to do 0-60 all day long.

once again, TLX offers a great package and the price is on point! Those who own this car or have driven
it for an extended period of time will tell you one thing: awesome car!
Weren't you shopping around for a Type-S? If it's so great and the rest are so bad because of price vs options and "reliability", why didn't you get one? No BS answers, what was the major issue? For me it's simple, it's a bad family car for what the exterior size proposes. If it had the Integra's characteristics, would be a very different story.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 09-20-2022 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:22 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
Weren't you shopping around for a Type-S? If it's so great and the rest are so bad because of price vs options and "reliability", why didn't you get one? No BS answers, what was the major issue? For me it's simple, it's a bad family car for what the exterior size proposes. If it had the Integra characteristics, would be a very different story.

There is no BS answer here. I bought a brand new MDX. I have two kids and help my parents. As soon as my Mazda lease is up, TYPE S will be parked and will come meet you at your place Definitely, TLX is not comparable to MDX. I did 3 road trips this summer with my family and parents. TLX doesn't meet my need at this moment. In 2 years, 100% will meet as I won't need 2 strollers. Other than that for me there was no issue. I drove the car for an entire day and it's an excellent vehicle I would say it's the best in the class. But if you have two young kids with strollers. Don't get it. And that applies not just to TLX but all sedans. Even an A6 will not do the job! Can you fit 2 strollers in 6 people in your car?

EDIT: Acura on Jean Talon has a used one for sale. Go for test drive and see how beautiful this car is. And by no means it's slow. That black color looks awesome!

Last edited by Tony Pac; 09-20-2022 at 09:26 AM.
pyrodan007 (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 09:58 AM
Safety Car

But if you have two young kids with strollers. Don't get it. And that applies not just to TLX but all sedans. Even an A6 will not do the job
Are you trying to haul two jogging strollers? Two car seats and a double stroller fit in the back of an A5 SB with no problems.

Two normal strollers also fit fine in the trunk of the TLX since it’s quite big. It’s rear facing car seats that have issues; front facing is perfectly fine.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:04 AM
AZ Community Team

Are you trying to haul two jogging strollers? Two car seats and a double stroller fit in the back of an A5 SB with no problems.

Two normal strollers also fit fine in the trunk of the TLX since it’s quite big. It’s rear facing car seats that have issues; front facing is perfectly fine.
For every day, of course. But when you go away with small kids you take a ton of stuff. We tried last year a trip with Mazda and it was a disaster. We had to take out everything and pull the strollers and put hem back. Yes, everything is possible depending how you want to deal with it. We go almost every week to our cottage and MDX or a similar car is the best vehicle for our needs. Believe me, I have done it all. My TL's trunk is big but the opening is shit. At least the new TLX has a nice big opening. That said, everyone's need is different. I have a friend that has a Nissan Versa with two kids. Good for him, but won't work for my family!
F23A4 (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 11:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
For every day, of course. But when you go away with small kids you take a ton of stuff. We tried last year a trip with Mazda and it was a disaster. We had to take out everything and pull the strollers and put hem back. Yes, everything is possible depending how you want to deal with it. We go almost every week to our cottage and MDX or a similar car is the best vehicle for our needs. Believe me, I have done it all. My TL's trunk is big but the opening is shit. At least the new TLX has a nice big opening. That said, everyone's need is different. I have a friend that has a Nissan Versa with two kids. Good for him, but won't work for my family!
Yeah, back when her parents were still with us, to get the 4 of us around (plus our stuff, and their 2 walkers ) ... or later a wheelchair and a walker ... we needed the MDX.

Now-days, our needs have changed ... so we have down-sized to 5-passenger SUV and a coupe.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:14 AM
Safety Car

I don't deny that the MDX is better for carrying a bunch of stuff. However, if you really wanted to make the TLX work and you have two front facing car seats, it's doable. I emphathize when you say there's a ton of stuff to bring; in fact we couldn't even get all our stuff into our wagon and I ended up buying a cargo box for our trips. I imagine the same could be done with the TLX.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
The biggest deal breaker for me was the regular trunk opening. As a family hauler with house/gardening duties, it's use can be fairly limited. I really hope the redesigned TLX in 202x gets a liftgate since it would really maximize usage. Honestly the TLX's current size plus a liftgate would make it a huge selling point. Would then be fully comparable to an A7, minus interior details for price.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 09-20-2022 at 11:38 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pyrodan007:
ESHBG (09-21-2022), norsairius (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 11:38 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
The biggest deal breaker for me was the regular trunk opening. As a family holler with house/gardening duties, it's use can be fairly limited. I really hope the redesigned TLX in 202x gets a liftgate since it would really maximize usage. Honestly the TLX's current size plus a liftgate would make it a huge selling point. Would then be fully comparable to an A7, minus interior details for price.
Lift gate + make the interior size commensurate with the exterior size and it would turn this car into a sportier poor-man's A7. The value of this car would skyrocket because it would eliminate the need to compare it against the S4/M340i/C43 etc by virtue of it moving one class/size up, and would severly undercut the mid-size competition.

The main thing holding this car back is its lackluster performance when compared to the M340i and S4. Part of it is because Acura benchmarked the S4, but the other part is because the interior size is the same. Nobody gives a shit about the exterior size being a class above, because what benefit does that suit other than aesthetics? It's almost like they were afraid of the TLX encroaching on the RLX in terms of cabin space, and that the TLX product planners weren't informed that the RLX was going to be discontinued.

Last edited by fiatlux; 09-20-2022 at 11:42 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ESHBG (09-21-2022), MarcoTLX (09-20-2022), norsairius (09-20-2022), pyrodan007 (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 08:14 PM
Burning Brakes

If they had a TLX Type-S wagon with a Panamera-esque wagon profile, I'd already have one parked in my driveway.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:52 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Lift gate + make the interior size commensurate with the exterior size and it would turn this car into a sportier poor-man's A7. The value of this car would skyrocket because it would eliminate the need to compare it against the S4/M340i/C43 etc by virtue of it moving one class/size up, and would severly undercut the mid-size competition.

The main thing holding this car back is its lackluster performance when compared to the M340i and S4. Part of it is because Acura benchmarked the S4, but the other part is because the interior size is the same. Nobody gives a shit about the exterior size being a class above, because what benefit does that suit other than aesthetics? It's almost like they were afraid of the TLX encroaching on the RLX in terms of cabin space, and that the TLX product planners weren't informed that the RLX was going to be discontinued.
Anything compared to M340 is lackkuster in this class. That still doesn't stop people from buying the S4 or G70 or others. Yes, if you're drag racing on a regular this car is not for you. The dynamics though, are great. Have you taken Type S on curvy backroads yet?

Go sit in a S4 and TLX right after. There's so much more space up front where you spend most of your time. S4 is cramped in comparison. If you are driving with 4 adults all the time you ain't buying S4/G70340 or TLX. You need an suv.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:47 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dmski
Anything compared to M340 is lackkuster in this class. That still doesn't stop people from buying the S4 or G70 or others. Yes, if you're drag racing on a regular this car is not for you. The dynamics though, are great. Have you taken Type S on curvy backroads yet?

Go sit in a S4 and TLX right after. There's so much more space up front where you spend most of your time. S4 is cramped in comparison. If you are driving with 4 adults all the time you ain't buying S4/G70340 or TLX. You need an suv.
I did test drive it on backroads: https://acurazine.com/forums/6g-tlx-.../#post16732722

The only reason the TLX feels more spacious up front is because it's wider. However, because I'm not obese, it's not really a pro in my book. It's got the interior width of a mid-size, but the interior length of a compact. Had they given it the length of a mid-size (as the exterior dimensions suggets), they wouldn't have to deal with the M340i comparisons because it wouldn't be a competitor. Just like nobody compares an A6 to an S4, nobody would compare the TLX Type S to those cars.

Last edited by fiatlux; 09-20-2022 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2022, 04:51 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
I did test drive it on backroads: https://acurazine.com/forums/6g-tlx-.../#post16732722

The only reason the TLX feels more spacious up front is because it's wider. However, because I'm not obese, it's not really a pro in my book. It's got the interior width of a mid-size, but the interior length of a compact. Had they given it the length of a mid-size (as the exterior dimensions suggets), they wouldn't have to deal with the M340i comparisons because it wouldn't be a competitor. Just like nobody compares an A6 to an S4, nobody would compare the TLX Type S to those cars.
Yes, because it's much wider, makes a huge difference for the driver. From a guy that brings up the size all the time but doesn't need more room because they're "not obese" makes no sense. Like I said, are you planning to sit in the back and or drive 4 adults on a regular basis? If yes, buying anything in this class makes no sense.
Old 09-21-2022, 05:06 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dmski
Yes, because it's much wider, makes a huge difference for the driver. From a guy that brings up the size all the time but doesn't need more room because they're "not obese" makes no sense. Like I said, are you planning to sit in the back and or drive 4 adults on a regular basis? If yes, buying anything in this class makes no sense.
Length is much more important than width when it comes to the comfort of four passengers.

It's funny, enthusiasts complain about how everyone is buying SUVs and sedans are dying, but when a reasonably affordable enthusiasts sedan finally comes out but has the interior space of a compact, Acura enthusiasts go into "just buy an SUV if you need to drive people around" mode. It's almost like you want sedans to die out...

If an Accord can comfortably seat 4 adults, there's no reason the TLX shouldn't be able to do the same.
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ELIN (09-21-2022), ESHBG (09-22-2022), pyrodan007 (09-23-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 08:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Length is much more important than width
Eh, I've been told differently.

PredatorWH (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 08:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
Length is much more important than width when it comes to the comfort of four passengers.

It's funny, enthusiasts complain about how everyone is buying SUVs and sedans are dying, but when a reasonably affordable enthusiasts sedan finally comes out but has the interior space of a compact, Acura enthusiasts go into "just buy an SUV if you need to drive people around" mode. It's almost like you want sedans to die out...

If an Accord can comfortably seat 4 adults, there's no reason the TLX shouldn't be able to do the same.
They end up supporting the opposing argument, it's always funny to see.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ESHBG
They end up supporting the opposing argument, it's always funny to see.
Who is “they”?

In this conversation, there is one member who bought an SUV because he expressed how he wanted more storage space while driving the entire family and another who says that an SUV is more comfortable for 4 adults than sedans in this category, which is true.

Let’s not generalize and “cookie-cut” specific talking arguments from different people and combine into one talking point. I see this a lot in these forums with claims or arguments from all these imaginary people.

Last edited by richii0207; 09-22-2022 at 02:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 2021 Acura TLX Reviews **2024 TLX Reviews (starting page 70)**