2021 Acura TLX Reviews **2024 TLX Reviews (starting page 70)**

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Hmmm, about the speakers, something seems a bit odd. Replacing one 20 cm sub to two 13 cm subs does not seems like it will retain the same bass extension. The old TLX was able to hit 20 hz (on paper), having two smaller ones does not mean that can happen as easily. At one point woofer size does matter for bass extension. Maybe that's how they solved the rattle, it just doesn't hit the resonance frequency by not going as low as before.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:34 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Just got an email from an dealer that is they will receive a few cars in early September that customers can go out and test drive. So I would expect the reviews should be literally right around the corner. Dealer also noted that September 20ish is when they will receive their first shipment of the TLX.
The following 7 users liked this post by B1ackAlloy:
a35tl (08-14-2020), BEAR-AvHistory (08-23-2020), CollinR4 (08-14-2020), jyrtl (08-20-2020), Rocket_man (08-17-2020), Tesla1856 (08-15-2020), Tony Pac (08-14-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-14-2020, 06:22 PM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by pyrodan007
Hmmm, about the speakers, something seems a bit odd. Replacing one 20 cm sub to two 13 cm subs does not seems like it will retain the same bass extension. The old TLX was able to hit 20 hz (on paper), having two smaller ones does not mean that can happen as easily. At one point woofer size does matter for bass extension. Maybe that's how they solved the rattle, it just doesn't hit the resonance frequency by not going as low as before.
Is there any reason why not? I see headphones with 40-45 mm drivers having frequency response starting 15 Hz.
Old 08-15-2020, 12:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alpha0
Is there any reason why not? I see headphones with 40-45 mm drivers having frequency response starting 15 Hz.
Headphones have to pressurize a small amount of air in your ear, car speakers must deal with greater volume to energize. Is it possible sure, without distortion ... harder. That's why smaller subs have that popping effect in explosions, woofer can't handle it anymore past some frequency. That's if it's too loud, at a lower level you may never hear/feel it. The best way to test it is playing pipe organ hitting the 20hz note, for sure many cars will not fully reproduce that note. At 15hz you no longer hear it, you feel it instead.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 08-15-2020 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:53 PM
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Hope the reviews starting coming in because the RDX ASpec is looking mighty fine to me..

Went to service my TLX and it deff caught my eye..

Believe it or not, I am really looking forward to seeing how that new ambient lighting system looks, yet I bet barely any review will mention it considering its always day time reviews
Old 08-23-2020, 01:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraFan1980

Believe it or not, I am really looking forward to seeing how that new ambient lighting system looks, yet I bet barely any review will mention it considering its always day time reviews
We didn't even know it was getting to be a common option on premium cars now-days. If it's anything like the one in our Audi, I expect it will be nice. The showroom floor should be dark-enough to see it.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:43 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,587 Likes on 955 Posts
Sofyan from Redline Review posted a nice video of S4. I didn’t watch the whole video yet but seems super cool.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Sofyan from Redline Review posted a nice video of S4. I didn’t watch the whole video yet but seems super cool.
Says it's the perfect daily driver, but for a few g's more the S5 SB is the one he would get for practicality. The Type-S has picked the right benchmark.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:36 AM
AZ Community Team

Says it's the perfect daily driver, but for a few g's more the S5 SB is the one he would get for practicality. The Type-S has picked the right benchmark.
I watched the entire video last night and it's a good looking car. I think the back seemed a bit small to me but again Audi offers different car for each person's needs.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Were I in that market, I'd also go for the S5 Sportback.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:38 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Were I in that market, I'd also go for the S5 Sportback.
My current favorite vehicle is S5 But it's pricey!
Old 08-26-2020, 03:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Redline Reviews also just posted a new video for the 2020 NSX, and honestly it doesn't look good for the Type-S. In 4 years, nothing has really changed (still no Acurawatch). And for the price, there are better options out there. Sofyan's NSX had 30k in carbon fiber options (198k) ... to save 60-70lbs and the car is still heavy. Acura needs to seriously reconsider the options it offers since budget is really no longer it's strong point.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 08-26-2020 at 03:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ESHBG (08-26-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 09:37 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
Redline Reviews also just posted a new video for the 2020 NSX, and honestly it doesn't look good for the Type-S. In 4 years, nothing has really changed (still no Acurawatch). And for the price, there are better options out there. Sofyan's NSX had 30k in carbon fiber options (198k) ... to save 60-70lbs and the car is still heavy. Acura needs to seriously reconsider the options it offers since budget is really no longer it's strong point.
I wonder if Acura isn't updating the NSX (minus the pentagon grille) because nobody's buying it, or nobody's buying it because Acura isn't updating it. Chicken or the egg? NSX sold worse than the R8 and M-B AMG GT the years its been available. Heck, the dinosaur known as the Nissan GT-R (aka, Godzilla) sold more units over the past few years as well, despite Nissan being a dumpster-fire of a company. It's funny that Nissan purposely crops out any pictures of the ancient infotainment in the GT-R on their website.
silverTL6 (09-06-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 10:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
The NSX is probably the best car ever that nobody would buy. Unraveling the WHY nobody would buy it would be a very interesting story. Even $30K+ in discounts did not help it. Gets no love among the high end cars at local cars & coffee. Real head scratcher.

Arriving at today the car is getting long in the tooth while the other high end cars are continually dumping new models into the market.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 08-27-2020 at 11:00 AM.
silverTL6 (09-06-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 11:06 AM
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
The NSX is probably the best car ever that nobody would buy. Unraveling the WHY nobody would buy it would be a very interesting story. Even $30K+ in discounts did not help it. Gets no love among the high end cars at local cars & coffee. Real head scratcher.

Arriving at today the car is getting long in the tooth while the other high end cars are continually dumping new models into the market.
Simple, not enough brand image for a $150K+ car....people buy supercars even for that, they want the complete package. Even BMW has problem if it gets way too ambitious trying to chase the upper layer of 911, high end AMG coupes or, worse, Ferrari and other real exotic pricing. The GT-R in comparison was a serious bargain vs. the competition (911 Turbo, etc..) it was simply too enticing (and too hyped up by the media) to pass up.
Add to the fact that Acura is perceived as damaged goods or, worse, for someone as a dying brand pretty much like Infiniti not an ambitious rising star.

Last edited by 4G-Lover; 08-27-2020 at 11:13 AM.
silverTL6 (09-06-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 11:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 4G-Lover
Simple, not enough brand image for a $150K+ car....people buy supercars even for that, they want the complete package. Even BMW has problem if it gets way too ambitious trying to chase the upper layer of 911, high end AMG coupes or, worse, Ferrari and other real exotic pricing. The GT-R in comparison was a serious bargain vs. the competition (911 Turbo, etc..) it was simply too enticing (and too hyped up by the media) to pass up.
Add to the fact that Acura is perceived as damaged goods or, worse, for someone as a dying brand pretty much like Infiniti not an ambitious rising star.
Or maybe due to little things like a 150k car that still doesn't offer cooled seats. And the horrible entertainment system, or not enough quality materials used throughout cabin. Brand image is not crucial if car really is that good. First gen NSX did extremely well for what it was and price point.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:23 AM
Racer

Or maybe due to little things like a 150k car that still doesn't offer cooled seats. And the horrible entertainment system, or not enough quality materials used throughout cabin.
People accept certain limitation in a pure performer...ever saw a Ferrari infotainment system??

Brand image is not crucial if car really is that good.
It is if the price is not right.

First gen NSX did extremely well for what it was and price point.
Different era....NSX was a truly star performer and undercut the competitor prices significantly, Honda (and the entire Japanese car industry) was considered a rising star, the cars coming from the land of the Rising Sun were poised to conquer the world (pretty much every major Japanese brand had a supercar in its offering)....we know how that ended. No comparison.
silverTL6 (09-06-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 11:44 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,070 Likes on 2,525 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio85
I wonder if Acura isn't updating the NSX (minus the pentagon grille) because nobody's buying it, or nobody's buying it because Acura isn't updating it. Chicken or the egg? NSX sold worse than the R8 and M-B AMG GT the years its been available. Heck, the dinosaur known as the Nissan GT-R (aka, Godzilla) sold more units over the past few years as well, despite Nissan being a dumpster-fire of a company. It's funny that Nissan purposely crops out any pictures of the ancient infotainment in the GT-R on their website.
Acura has been revising the NSX (IIRC 2019 had the most updates). Mostly subtle things suspension geometry and tire selection. No powertrain updates yet. Several YouTube video reviews have been positive on improved front-end feel which previously was slightly tuned toward understeer. Frontend feedback is much better supposidly.

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory

+1, Market prestige is probably the main reason. Acura has been doing some NSX updates but it looks like it's not gonna be successful from a business point of view just like the 1G which was also a failure (suppose to make 25/day but wound up averaging 5/day).

While Acura is not alone for underestimating the market appeal of their 1G and 2G NSX, McLaren had a similar problem with the high end exotic F1 and Porsche with their ubertech 959. Both were business failures despite being excellent cars. McLaren plan was for 250 F1, they only sold 106 (including race cars). Mansour Ojjeh, Ron Dennis and Gordon Murray couldn't understand how the far inferior Jaguar XJ220 was selling 2.5x more cars for about the same price.. The F1 was officially McLaren's 1st car and although they had plenty of racing pedigree, they had no road car heritage.

One thing the 1G NSX did do was wake up Ferrari. Montezemolo berated the Ferrari engineers when he took over Ferrari in '91 and used the NSX as a example m multiple times that exotic's can be reliable and well made.

I'd imagine not many soccer mom's buying RDX's and MDX's (which are very competitive) are that interested in a NSX.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-27-2020 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
One thing the 1G NSX did do was wake up Ferrari. Montezemolo berated the Ferrari engineers when he took over Ferrari in '91 and used the NSX as a example m multiple times that exotic's can be reliable and well made.
Exactly. The 348, a direct competitor to the 1G NSX, is considered by many one of the worst Ferrari of all time. Montezemolo labeled it a "s...ty car" on camera. The updated GTB and GTS models were already quite better. As a funny footnote, a 348 TS lost a 1/4 race with a GMC Typhoon run by Car And Driver.

Last edited by 4G-Lover; 08-27-2020 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:18 PM
AZ Community Team

NSX is a masterpiece! Those who know what a super car is....No one cares for little bells and whistles in a supercar. People don't drive supercars to get wireless charger and 55 way seat adjustable seats. I personally believe the problem with NSX is the price. Acura is not a supercar brand. Far from it. No one wants to pay $200K. Audi and BMW which are much bigger brands and have worldwide coverage cannot sell the I8 and R8. That should tell us something.

If NSX was priced around $90-110K, it would have been a huge success. In terms of mechanics, it's beyond futuristic and well made.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
NSX is a masterpiece! Those who know what a super car is....No one cares for little bells and whistles in a supercar. People don't drive supercars to get wireless charger and 55 way seat adjustable seats. I personally believe the problem with NSX is the price. Acura is not a supercar brand. Far from it. No one wants to pay $200K. Audi and BMW which are much bigger brands and have worldwide coverage cannot sell the I8 and R8. That should tell us something.

If NSX was priced around $90-110K, it would have been a huge success. In terms of mechanics, it's beyond futuristic and well made.
Huge NSX fan here, having owned two 1st gen examples when I was young. But after spending a bit of time in the current car, it left a lot to be desired. Build quality, interior design and finishes, ergonomics, electronics, they were all light years behind other cars it competes with. Is it fast? Yes, it’s the fastest Acura ever. But that’s not saying anything really. There are plenty of other fast cars out there for similar money and they have much more recent (and relevant) racing pedigree not to mention brand recognition.

It’s very odd that Acura benchmarked the R8 V10 when they were developing the new NSX, saying they wanted to build an everyday supercar again. The R8 is significantly more practical as an everyday car with basically the same levels of performance (better in fact, in some respects). And they have some crazy number of consecutive Le Mans wins in their trophy cabinet. I know which car I would choose if those were my only two options.
pyrodan007 (08-27-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 12:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,420 Likes on 1,871 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Huge NSX fan here, having owned two 1st gen examples when I was young. But after spending a bit of time in the current car, it left a lot to be desired. Build quality, interior design and finishes, ergonomics, electronics, they were all light years behind other cars it competes with. Is it fast? Yes, it’s the fastest Acura ever. But that’s not saying anything really. There are plenty of other fast cars out there for similar money and they have much more recent (and relevant) racing pedigree not to mention brand recognition.

It’s very odd that Acura benchmarked the R8 V10 when they were developing the new NSX, saying they wanted to build an everyday supercar again. The R8 is significantly more practical as an everyday car with basically the same levels of performance (better in fact, in some respects). And they have some crazy number of consecutive Le Mans wins in their trophy cabinet. I know which car I would choose if those were my only two options.
This.

The R8 is a daily-drivable budget Lambo with a wider dealership network. The NSX is an Acura.

Can you imagine dropping off an NSX for service or warranty work, and then getting an ILX as a loaner, complimentary if you're lucky, oh and don't forget to fill the gas before you bring it back.

Last edited by fiatlux; 08-27-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
and then getting an ILX as a loaner, complimentary if you're lucky, oh and don't forget to fill the gas before you bring it back.
Whenever I dropped off the 2014-MDX for it's yearly maintenance (usually just $100 total) ... we always received a complimentary loaner. Usually a new/clean RDX or just 1 year old. Always newer than ours. Never got a sedan.

Our Honda dealer (same owners) is also good (but no free loaners). The Acura dealership experience is just all-around up-scale for us and we consider it as a benefit to ownership. Hard to but a dollar-amount on it, but it's worth something.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:37 PM
AZ Community Team

Totally respect your input and opinion. Don't you think what Honda/Acura did with the NSX engine, hybrid system, brakes and etc are remarkable? i am just wondering. I personally never drove the current NSX. I am going to drive it next month I will definitely share my opinion.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,420 Likes on 1,871 Posts
Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Whenever I dropped off the 2014-MDX for it's yearly maintenance (usually just $100 total) ... we always received a complimentary loaner. Usually a new/clean RDX or just 1 year old. Always newer than ours. Never got a sedan.
That's one of the issues I have with Acura; the dealership experience is just so inconsistent from one dealership to another. For the dealerships closest to me, one of them charges $25 for a loaner, and two others require at least a month's notice for a loaner because they're always out. Even the "complimentary shuttle service" is lousy; 5 mile radius in a suburban area makes it pretty much useless.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:05 PM
Senior Moderator

I love the new NSX and as I’ve described here a number of times, I have driven it on the track and on the street. I won’t repeat my experience here as I’ve described it a few times over the years. It is a misunderstood technological masterpiece that is ahead of its time. So why don’t I have one? Because it was more cost effective to twin turbo my NA2 NSX; the deal I got on my SOS twin turbo kit was a once in a lifetime, “friends and family” deal that I would have been stupid to say “no” too. I will own a NC1 NSX eventually, however.

Just waiting for that TLX Type S, which I’m still hoping will be the shiz. Let’s goooooo, Acura, let’s release the embargo on test drives!
The following 3 users liked this post by neuronbob:
a35tl (08-28-2020), NwTSXmt (09-02-2020), Tony Pac (08-27-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 03:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Totally respect your input and opinion. Don't you think what Honda/Acura did with the NSX engine, hybrid system, brakes and etc are remarkable? i am just wondering. I personally never drove the current NSX. I am going to drive it next month I will definitely share my opinion.
I’m not taking anything away from Acura for the way they created a car that goes very very fast. I’m just disappointed that they forgot everything else.

If you’re going to test drive the NSX, please try and finagle your way into some seat time in a Huracan, the R8 Performance, a 570S, maybe not a Pista but even just a clean 458. You’ll see what I mean about Acura needing to get their heads out of the sand. Especially given what they’re asking for the NSX.

Last edited by SebringSilver; 08-27-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:45 PM
AZ Community Team

I found your statement odd, as I or the car media don't see the R8 "significantly more practical as an everyday car with basically the same levels of performance". They're both aluminum chassis mid-engine exotic cars with AWD with very similar dimensions and performance. Both have about the same everyday usability or lack there of. Many NSX comparisons use the R8, some like the R8 more some like the NSX more. At least the NSX can hold one set of golf clubs in the trunk (something the R8 can't do, which BTW is a requirement from the Corvette marketing group for Corvette trunk shape and size even the C8 holds one set of clubs). They're very similar supercars

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...or-higher-tech

So, all things considered, which do we prefer, the highly advanced NSX or the more traditional R8?

In a 3-2 split decision, our staff picks the NSX. Padgett, Ganz, and Feder prefer the NSX, recognizing it as a technological flagship that carries authority as a true halo car.

“The R8 feels like the past while the NSX feels like the future, or a stepping stone to the future,” said Feder.

Cole likes the R8, and think I agree.

It’s the R8’s relative simplicity that appeals to me. I’ve driven it on a track and it held up well. I suspect it can handle plenty of punishment, but I worry that, with more drive and braking systems, the NSX has more things that could go haywire if you drive it hard too often. If I had the money, though, I might go for the NSX.

Preferences aside, both cars are fantastic. Given the effort that Acura and Audi put into developing them, these supercars should feel, look, and be special. The NSX and R8 both fit the bill.

This.

The R8 is a daily-drivable budget Lambo with a wider dealership network. The NSX is an Acura.

Can you imagine dropping off an NSX for service or warranty work, and then getting an ILX as a loaner, complimentary if you're lucky, oh and don't forget to fill the gas before you bring it back.
Can you imagine dropping off your Ferrari for service and not having any loaner car? Yep, that's the norm for many (most?) Ferrari dealerships. My brother's friend in South Beach dropped off his 488GTS for service at Ferrari of Miami and that's how they operate, if you wish they'll get you a 2 year old Enterprise Hyundai as a loaner

Never driven it but did get a ride in the 488GTS, ALOT of fun.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-27-2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

I found your statement odd, as I or the car media don't see the R8 "significantly more practical as an everyday car with basically the same levels of performance". They're both aluminum chassis mid-engine exotic cars with AWD with very similar dimensions and performance. Both have about the same everyday usability or lack there of. Many NSX comparisons use the R8, some like the R8 more some like the NSX more. At least the NSX can hold one set of golf clubs in the trunk (something the R8 can't do, which BTW is a requirement from the Corvette marketing group for Corvette trunk shape and size even the C8 holds one set of clubs). They're very similar supercars

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...or-higher-tech

Can you imagine dropping off your Ferrari for service and not having any loaner car? Yep, that's the norm for many (most?) Ferrari dealerships. My brother's friend in South Beach dropped off his 488GTS for service at Ferrari of Miami and that's how they operate, if you wish they'll get you a 2 year old Enterprise Hyundai as a loaner

Never driven it but did get a ride in the 488GTS, ALOT of fun.
Most journalists haven’t had 100,000 km of ownership experience with these cars, which is what I have in combined seat time on two different R8s. It’s sort of like the difference between theory and practical. And just for discussion’s sake, you can easily fit golf clubs in an R8. There’s storage space behind the seats for that explicit purpose. And try bringing a tub of ice cream home in the trunk. As fast as the NSX is, you’re not getting it home before it melts. Don’t even get me started on the cup holders.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:13 PM
AZ Community Team

Most journalists haven’t had 100,000 km of ownership experience with these cars, which is what I have in combined seat time on two different R8s. It’s sort of like the difference between theory and practical. And just for discussion’s sake, you can easily fit golf clubs in an R8. There’s storage space behind the seats for that explicit purpose. And try bringing a tub of ice cream home in the trunk. As fast as the NSX is, you’re not getting it home before it melts. Don’t even get me started on the cup holders.
You have 100,000km in the 2G NSX?
If you don't then you can't make any claim "The R8 is significantly more practical as an everyday car with basically the same levels of performance".
Didn't know about the golf clubs in a R8 back area

As for the difference between theory and practical?
I guess I'm more like those journalist where we can figure out a car driving and operating experience in 1k-2k miles.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-27-2020 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

You have 100,000km in the 2G NSX?
If you don't then you can't make any claim "The R8 is significantly more practical as an everyday car with basically the same levels of performance".
Didn't know about the golf clubs in a R8 back area

As for the difference between theory and practical?
I guess I'm more like those journalist where we can figure out a car driving and operating experience in 1k-2k miles.
Driving a car is not the same as owning a car. You can get a feel for the driving dynamics in about 20 minutes, but you won’t know all the little nuances of it until you’ve had it for much longer. If you feel you can dispute my assertions about the very hot trunk space in the 2G, which was also the case with the 1G NSX, with which I’ve had about 60,000 km of ownership experience, that’s fine by me. It’s the first thing the dealership manager and I joked about after my test drive, where he lightheartedly said that that was one thing they carried over from the original. Things like the hot trunk, the absence of any meaningful stowage in the cabin, they matter when you’re assessing the daily practicality of a car. I never disputed that the 2G goes like stink. It does. But it’s not more practical than an R8, which also kicks down way faster than the NSX does, and sounds a thousand times better.
04WDPSeDaN (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 07:25 AM
AZ Community Team

Driving a car is not the same as owning a car. You can get a feel for the driving dynamics in about 20 minutes, but you won’t know all the little nuances of it until you’ve had it for much longer. If you feel you can dispute my assertions about the very hot trunk space in the 2G, which was also the case with the 1G NSX, with which I’ve had about 60,000 km of ownership experience, that’s fine by me. It’s the first thing the dealership manager and I joked about after my test drive, where he lightheartedly said that that was one thing they carried over from the original. Things like the hot trunk, the absence of any meaningful stowage in the cabin, they matter when you’re assessing the daily practicality of a car. I never disputed that the 2G goes like stink. It does. But it’s not more practical than an R8, which also kicks down way faster than the NSX does, and sounds a thousand times better.
Precisely, yet you've never owned a 2G NSX so for you to make your statement
"It’s very odd that Acura benchmarked the R8 V10 when they were developing the new NSX, saying they wanted to build an everyday supercar again. The R8 is significantly more practical as an everyday car with basically the same levels of performance (better in fact, in some respects)."
makes no sense according to your own logic. You've never spent any significant time with the 2G NSX so you really don't know if it's a more practical car than a R8.

Tony Pac (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 07:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 531 Likes on 341 Posts
That's one of the issues I have with Acura; the dealership experience is just so inconsistent from one dealership to another. For the dealerships closest to me, one of them charges $25 for a loaner, and two others require at least a month's notice for a loaner because they're always out. Even the "complimentary shuttle service" is lousy; 5 mile radius in a suburban area makes it pretty much useless.
Yes! Or they suddenly change the conditions of what services you get and don't disclose it. Or they leave their tools in your backseat and you hear them clanging around on the drive home. Or showing me a dirty air filter that wasn't mine. Or...

I have so many "funny" Acura dealership stories and one is driving another customer to work after I overheard him arguing with them about the shuttle service and finding out that he worked next to my building. The conversation he had to have with them was one of the most idiotic I had ever overheard and he assured me on the drive to work his Acura was the last one he was buying, as that was the final straw for him.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Precisely, yet you've never owned a 2G NSX so for you to make your statement
"It’s very odd that Acura benchmarked the R8 V10 when they were developing the new NSX, saying they wanted to build an everyday supercar again. The R8 is significantly more practical as an everyday car with basically the same levels of performance (better in fact, in some respects)."
makes no sense according to your own logic. You've never spent any significant time with the 2G NSX so you really don't know if it's a more practical car than a R8.
When you’ve gained enough experience with one car to realize what makes it practical, the absence of those qualities in another automatically deems that other car less practical. We can continue this conversation when you’ve acquired enough experience with either car.
04WDPSeDaN (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 09:30 AM
AZ Community Team

When you’ve gained enough experience with one car to realize what makes it practical, the absence of those qualities in another automatically deems that other car less practical. We can continue this conversation when you’ve acquired enough experience with either car.
Nope, this conversation was about calling you out for not adhering to your own logic.

That and hyperbole statements annoy me

Old 08-28-2020, 10:42 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts

Production of All-New Acura TLX Sport Sedan Begins in Ohio

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases/release-a4a08ca69083472f1b0294738d000586-production-of-all-new-acura-tlx-sport-sedan-begins-in-ohio

Won't be long now...
Tesla1856 (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 10:58 AM
Burning Brakes

I predict reviews coming in by mid to end of September
Old 08-28-2020, 11:30 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Nope, this conversation was about calling you out for not adhering to your own logic.

That and hyperbole statements annoy me
Old 08-28-2020, 12:02 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
I predict reviews coming in by mid to end of September
Cars are supposed to be arriving at the dealerships late Sept - so maybe we'll see reviews mid Sept???
Old 08-28-2020, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

I thought we’d have some reviews out about now, month before they are in the dealers. They will come, when they come, I guess.

@SebringSilver , I can attest to the NC1 trunk being hot as balls, even more so than the NA1/2, and that was already hot! I carry a cooling bag and a soft Igloo box in my NA2 for when I’m doing grocery getting. As far as what you are talking about, “specialness”, as I’ll call it, the R8 and it’s brother the Huracan definitely do it better than the NC1. PS those are both reasonably reliable cars as well, Or at least my friends who own them tell me that.
SebringSilver (08-28-2020)

Quick Reply: 2021 Acura TLX Reviews **2024 TLX Reviews (starting page 70)**