2021 Acura TLX Reviews **2024 TLX Reviews (starting page 70)**

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 08:55 AM
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Camaro194
Well I’m not a fan that there isn’t any backseat room. I wouldn’t use it much but it’s still good to have just in case. Everything sounded good. Video reviews will be welcomed in the coming days

What I personally don’t like is that they are reviewing Aspec and Advance models.

I believe most people will either be getting the Tech package or the Aspec.

The tech package should be reviewed, not the advanced. I want to see the differences
Old 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,420 Likes on 1,871 Posts
Sounds like most of the extra weight is sound deadening material since the review mentioned how quiet the car was. IMO for the regular 2.0T model, I think that's a fair tradeoff. This is a daily driver for every buyer; I'd take less NVH and a cushier ride over a lighter, faster, and sharper car.

That said, it's a bit disappointing about how small the backseat is, especially for a car that's so large on the outside, though I was fully expecting that based on the earlier images and spec sheet. It's funny, Honda (and by extension Acura) has always been about pragmatism and functionality, yet this car seems to place form over function. In order to make the car look like it's RWD, they gave up all the interior packaging benefits of a FWD car, yet it's still FWD-based.

If this is the type of review the other outlets will also be putting out, it seems like we still won't be able to get any performance numbers. I wouldn't be surprised; I would imagine the initial media event was likely in a very controlled setting.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:01 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Jiten Patel
I would wait until Acura provides the legroom numbers, I believe it was a typo on Acura's end. The EPA Passenger Volume has actually increased by 0.1 cu ft along with an increase of 0.3 cu ft for the Cargo Volume compared to the 1G. Let's not be too quick to judge.

(From Acura.com - 1G on first column, 2G on second)
Is it still too early to judge?

The car is obviously designed to be focused on the front occupants only — they have the comfiest seats and more space between the driver and passenger, with all the soft-touch materials, hand-stitched dash coverings, real wood and real metal trimmings you can stuff into the interior. The backseat suffers from the new cab-rearward packaging changes that have made the TLX look like a RWD car — backseat legroom is pitiful, barely better than the Alfa Romeo Giulia’s completely unusable backseat, and headroom isn’t much better. I was unable to position the driver’s seat where I normally sit and then sit behind it without moving it forward; my head was hard up into the headliner, as well.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 531 Likes on 341 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Sounds like most of the extra weight is sound deadening material since the review mentioned how quiet the car was. IMO for the regular 2.0T model, I think that's a fair tradeoff. This is a daily driver for every buyer; I'd take less NVH and a cushier ride over a lighter, faster, and sharper car.

That said, it's a bit disappointing about how small the backseat is, especially for a car that's so large on the outside, though I was fully expecting that based on the earlier images and spec sheet. It's funny, Honda (and by extension Acura) has always been about pragmatism and functionality, yet this car seems to place form over function. In order to make the car look like it's RWD, they gave up all the interior packaging benefits of a FWD car, yet it's still FWD-based.

If this is the type of review the other outlets will also be putting out, it seems like we still won't be able to get any performance numbers. I wouldn't be surprised; I would imagine the initial media event was likely in a very controlled setting.
I am so lost by this as well. Imagine if they came with something like the Accord's room, the new TLX would be an all around-er.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:50 AM
Pro

Received 496 Likes on 242 Posts
Not only does the new TLX no longer look like a warmed-over Honda, it no longer feels like one, either. The improvements to chassis rigidity combine with an improved weight distribution and redesigned double-wishbone front suspension to deliver a buttoned-down, properly premium driving experience, one that feels amazingly cushy in terms of ride quality but still delivers tight responses and proper body roll control.
What’s all that mean? It means that when you want to attack some twisty roads or highway on-ramps at elevated speeds, the TLX responds with eagerness. When you want to just sit back and cruise in serene, relaxed comfort, the TLX does that, too.
Nice!
Old 09-21-2020, 09:50 AM
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Review is positive about how it drives, the materials inside, and the value proposition for Acura compared to the Germans. It seems like this will more directly compete with the Germans rather than being more of an “alternative” that isn’t quite as good. We’ll see what the performance numbers say I guess but based on this one leaked review...Acura seems to have done pretty well here.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
I am so lost by this as well. Imagine if they came with something like the Accord's room, the new TLX would be an all around-er.
I find it incredibly dumb to sacrifice seat space to make it look like a RWD, which will never happen anyway. And the outside is huge for no reason. They just killed the TLX for the RDX honestly. If it had a liftgate like the Stinger, at least it would have a been more practical.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 09-21-2020 at 09:57 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pyrodan007:
AcuraFan1980 (09-21-2020), ESHBG (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Safety Car

I guess they figured the 12 people with families who would have bought a TLX over an RDX wasn't worth courting.
The following 5 users liked this post by fiatlux:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (09-21-2020), Honda430 (09-21-2020), jas5lf (09-21-2020), Nedmundo (09-21-2020), pyrodan007 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

I guess they figured the 12 people with families who would have bought a TLX over an RDX wasn't worth courting.
But the flip side is you just pushed people who would have purchased this car into something else. There are many Accords, bigger BMWs and MBs, etc. on the road and who knows how many TLXs we would have seen if this car was a practical alternative.
The following users liked this post:
pyrodan007 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 10:10 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,070 Likes on 2,525 Posts

FWIW, vast majority of auto sound deadening material is extremely light (most of it's volume content is air). Average vehicle has ~70 pounds of it.

https://www.autobeatonline.com/artic...ght-more-quiet
Most of the extra weight was probably structural, most likely metal (steel and aluminum)

Last edited by Legend2TL; 09-21-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
FWIW, vast majority of auto sound deadening material is extremely light (most of it's volume content is air). Average vehicle has ~40-50 pounds of it.
Most of the extra weight was probably structural, most likely metal (steel and aluminum)
It's probably due to the extra material needed to make it longer to form the illusion of RWD. Wasted weight and material if it can't be used in the inside and creates dead space.
ESHBG (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 11:49 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by pyrodan007
It's probably due to the extra material needed to make it longer to form the illusion of RWD. Wasted weight and material if it can't be used in the inside and creates dead space.
I believe they did it because people told them to do so for 1G TLX. Same with missing low end torque of J35.

Even 1G TLXwas not good at rear leg room as it had less compared to civic which was 7-8inches smaller in length. For 2GTLX, have you seen a picture with hood open? You will see all emptry space at the end which is used to create that illusion of RWD proportions.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:03 PM
Safety Car

But the flip side is you just pushed people who would have purchased this car into something else. There are many Accords, bigger BMWs and MBs, etc. on the road and who knows how many TLXs we would have seen if this car was a practical alternative.
Maybe, but I'm sure it's a calculated loss. The probably figure the incremental sales they will gain from this type of design outweighs the incremental losses from people who need a larger backseat. And let's be honest, people looking at a TLX probably aren't in the market for a comparably equipped 5-series or E-Class because those cars are far more expensive.

Although, this pretty much puts a bullet into the RLX replacement theory. The RLX had a large-midsize/small-fullsize interior, whereas this car's interior is firmly in the compact-size.

Last edited by fiatlux; 09-21-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Tesla1856 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 12:11 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,587 Likes on 955 Posts
Respect Acura! I know you won't disappoint the buyers. The extra wait will pay off

"The combination of impressive driving sophistication, top-notch on-board technology, classy cabin materials and excellent value pricing should put the new TLX on the shopping list for anyone still considering a proper sports sedan over an SUV."
Old 09-21-2020, 12:12 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Camaro194
Thanks for posting the first review! Truly enjoyed reading it. Felt refreshing and nice that Acura has came up with a solid product in the market.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:29 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Respect Acura! I know you won't disappoint the buyers. The extra wait will pay off

"The combination of impressive driving sophistication, top-notch on-board technology, classy cabin materials and excellent value pricing should put the new TLX on the shopping list for anyone still considering a proper sports sedan over an SUV."
Don't jinx things! We still don't know much about the "sports" part of sports sedan (no performance numbers to speak of), but what we do know is that the suspension is more compliant and less firm than the Germans. That's good as a DD, but we'll still have to see what exactly that translates to in terms of handling. This reviewer seemed to like it, but keep in mind that this is the same site that praised the 1G TLX for having a larger backseat than the competitors and said it has "performance and handling worthy of a sports sedan", which most would disagree with about the 1G. I'd keep my expectations tempered for now until there's a sizable consensus or some hard numbers available. It's a good sign, nonetheless.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:53 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
Don't jinx things! We still don't know much about the "sports" part of sports sedan (no performance numbers to speak of), but what we do know is that the suspension is more compliant and less firm than the Germans. That's good as a DD, but we'll still have to see what exactly that translates to in terms of handling. This reviewer seemed to like it, but keep in mind that this is the same site that praised the 1G TLX for having a larger backseat than the competitors and said it has "performance and handling worthy of a sports sedan", which most would disagree with about the 1G. I'd keep my expectations tempered for now until there's a sizable consensus or some hard numbers available. It's a good sign, nonetheless.
Here’s their review for the 2015. They didn’t heap much praise on the vehicle and this was before the transmission issues became apparent.

https://www.cars.com/reviews/our-vie...1420689352393/

Last edited by Honda430; 09-21-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:56 PM
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
That is a huge ding for rear seat room. Wow
Old 09-21-2020, 01:12 PM
AZ Community Team

Not trying to jinx it, believe me but I want to be positive. There is no point to only pick on the negatives 24X7 either. They are saying it's good, read and enjoy the review. Of course they cannot be the one deciding for you and i if the car is good or not. We will make our own decision at the end of the day. But I will take their positive review for now, since there is nothing else to share except members speculating here.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Not trying to jinx it, believe me but I want to be positive. There is no point to only pick on the negatives 24X7 either. They are saying it's good, read and enjoy the review. Of course they cannot be the one deciding for you and i if the car is good or not. We will make our own decision at the end of the day. But I will take their positive review for now, since there is nothing else to share except members speculating here.
If the legroom is worse that the V1 TLX, there's a very good chance I would skip this version altogether if I was looking for a similar car nowadays (compared to my old TL/TLX). Same reason why Giulia/G70/IS were not on the list when came time for A4 purchase, simply not practical for families.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 09-21-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Maybe, but I'm sure it's a calculated loss. The probably figure the incremental sales they will gain from this type of design outweighs the incremental losses from people who need a larger backseat. And let's be honest, people looking at a TLX probably aren't in the market for a comparably equipped 5-series or E-Class because those cars are far more expensive.

Although, this pretty much puts a bullet into the RLX replacement theory. The RLX had a large-midsize/small-fullsize interior, whereas this car's interior is firmly in the compact-size.
But I heard the same thing about Genesis when they started hitting the market and look at them now. Point being why not swing for the fences and see what happens? I just can't wrap my head around making a car substantially larger but then providing no real benefit inside. I've never met a single person, those really into cars or otherwise, who said hey you know what I want? A bigger car but just on the outside.
The following 3 users liked this post by ESHBG:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (09-21-2020), pyrodan007 (09-21-2020), Rocket_man (09-22-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 01:25 PM
Safety Car

If the legroom is worse that the V1 TLX, there's a very good chance I would skip this version altogether if I was looking for a similar car nowadays (compared to my old TL/TLX). Same reason why Giulia/G70/IS were not on the list when came time for A4 purchase, simply not practical for families.
Between the A-Spec packages and this cab-back design, I'm getting the sense that Acura believes their target customers care more about appearances than practicality. I suppose that's not a bad assumption to make, because customers that care more about practicality and usability would be looking at one of the crossovers instead of a sedan. I'm the first one to point out Acura's miss-steps, but I can't really fault them here on this. Like it or not, sedans are becoming a niche segment in the ever-shrinking enthusiasts market.

What I do find a little unsettling is that they traded lightness for this longer, larger cab-back design. Seems like they think their target customers care more about appearances than performance as well. Though again, can't really fault them there, because enthusiasts who do care about performance haven't looked at an Acura for quite some time now.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:26 PM
Safety Car

But I heard the same thing about Genesis when they started hitting the market and look at them now. Point being why not swing for the fences and see what happens? I just can't wrap my head around making a car substantially larger but then providing no real benefit inside. I've never met a single person, those really into cars or otherwise, who said hey you know what I want? A bigger car but just on the outside.
You must not have met my wife . She wanted a car that feels small on the inside, but is still large on the outside for more safety (bigger crumple zones, more mass, etc.). The 1G TLX fit the bill just perfectly because to her it felt as small as a Civic, even though externally it's the size of the Accord.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:28 PM
Pro

This seems to be the diametric opposite of the RLX, which had TONS of rear seat room but also had a very FWD-looking cab-forward stance.
I for one actually prefer how Acura went all-in with RWD proportions. The people that really want rear seat room are buying SUV's in droves anyways. Almost all of my friends and family are 5'9" or less, so I don't mind the lack of rear seat room.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bilirubin
This seems to be the diametric opposite of the RLX, which had TONS of rear seat room but also had a very FWD-looking cab-forward stance.
I for one actually prefer how Acura went all-in with RWD proportions. The people that really want rear seat room are buying SUV's in droves anyways. Almost all of my friends and family are 5'9" or less, so I don't mind the lack of rear seat room.
I think you mean it has tons of rear seat room because it has a very FWD-looking cab-forward stance.

And yeah I agree with your point. I think the rear legroom issue is overblown here because people who want/need more room in the back aren't looking at sedans these days. Might as well criticize the car for not having a large enough trunk space as well, or an off-road setting in the drive modes.

I want to point out one thing I recently discovered about the TLX. Even though the rear seat space in the car is compromised and makes it difficult to put a rear facing carseat comfortably behind the seats, the car is still as wide as you would expect a midsize car to be. This means there's actually quite a bit of room between the front seats, which means if you put a rear facing carseat into the middle seat, there's ample room because it can stick out between the huge gap between the two front seats. Now, if you need to put in two car seats, your SOL, but a sedan isn't exactly an ideal choice for two kids anyways...

Last edited by fiatlux; 09-21-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Like it or not, sedans are becoming a niche segment in the ever-shrinking enthusiasts market.
I think it becomes circular based on company decisions, the less practical they are, the less people buy them. What's the point in having a sedan that has the same dimensions of a crossover but is much less functional. The companies who are starting to get it are the ones investing in wagons. Still sporty but very practical. I know people that like having the convenience of a sedan to bring family in smaller parking situations and their crossover for vacations/transportation. Having a mid size sedan for just two people from a family (factoring in teens) ... seems pointless. Needing a TLX for a second car, seems expensive.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 09-21-2020 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
The 1G TLX fit the bill just perfectly because to her it felt as small as a Civic, even though externally it's the size of the Accord.
In the official video (around 9:30), doesn't Jason Ray say that was an objective?

Old 09-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
I think you mean it has tons of rear seat room because it has a very FWD-looking cab-forward stance.

And yeah I agree with your point. I think the rear legroom issue is overblown here because people who want/need more room in the back aren't looking at sedans these days. Might as well criticize the car for not having a large enough trunk space as well, or an off-road setting in the drive modes.

I want to point out one thing I recently discovered about the TLX. Even though the rear seat space in the car is compromised and makes it difficult to put a rear facing carseat comfortably behind the seats, the car is still as wide as you would expect a midsize car to be. This means there's actually quite a bit of room between the front seats, which means if you put a rear facing carseat into the middle seat, there's ample room because it can fit between the huge gap between the two front seats. Now, if you need to put in two car seats, your SOL, but a sedan isn't exactly an ideal choice for two kids anyways...

I don’t see it as overblown when I would be spending a lot of money on a car that should have at least some optimal backseat room. I don’t want an SUV persay but I’d like my normal sedan to fit 2 people in the back comfortably

If I wanted a car where the backseat is basically useless, I wouldn’t be looking at an acura

Then again this is all based off one written review so I’ll wait to judge
pyrodan007 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 01:41 PM
Safety Car

I think it becomes circular based on company decisions, the less practical they are, the less people buy them. What's the point in having a sedan that has the same dimensions of a crossover but is much less functional. The companies who are starting to get it are the ones investing in wagons. Still sporty but very practical. I know people that like having the convenience of a sedan to bring family in smaller parking situations and their crossover for vacations/transportation. Having a mid size sedan for two people ... seems pointless. Needing a TLX for a second car, seems expensive.
The problem with wagons is that they sell like the opposite of hotcakes. The V60 wagon gets outsold by the S60 sedan 9:1, and outsold by the XC60 crossover 22:1. Heck, even the lifted cross-country version outsells it more than 3:1. Even Mercedes recently axed the E-wagon and replaced it with a lifted all-terrain version, and VW killed off both the Sportwagen and Alltrack. It certainly wasn't for a lack of trying; there were ample wagon options out there but most buyers just don't like the shape of wagons; to them it looks old and unsexy, and you don't even get any of ground clearance, superior ride height, and softer suspension of a crossover.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:42 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by AcuraFan1980
I don’t see it as overblown when I would be spending a lot of money on a car that should have at least some optimal backseat room. I don’t want an SUV persay but I’d like my normal sedan to fit 2 people in the back comfortably

If I wanted a car where the backseat is basically useless, I wouldn’t be looking at an acura

logically it cannot be bad for 2 people. It's not a coupe sport. At end of the day, it's a sedan. I am pretty confident that it will fit 2 people comfortably without any issue. Not sure about 3 lol
Old 09-21-2020, 01:43 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AcuraFan1980

Welcome to the new Acura. We kept saying we wanted them to distance themselves from Honda and be more like the competition. Seems like we may have made that wish on a Monkey's Paw...
Tesla1856 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 01:46 PM
Burning Brakes

The problem with wagons is that they sell like the opposite of hotcakes. The V60 wagon gets outsold by the S60 sedan 9:1, and outsold by the XC60 crossover 22:1. Heck, even the lifted cross-country version outsells it more than 3:1. Even Mercedes recently axed the E-wagon and replaced it with a lifted all-terrain version, and VW killed off both the Sportwagen and Alltrack. It certainly wasn't for a lack of trying; there were ample wagon options out there but most buyers just don't like the shape of wagons; to them it looks old and unsexy, and you don't even get any of ground clearance, superior ride height, and softer suspension of a crossover.
It's because of the USA, they sell very well in Europe. So many models don't come into Canada because companies "cross" them out versus crossover versions. In Quebec, compact hatchbacks do extremely well. It depends. At least offer them. How long did it take Acura to kill the RLX, can't be worse.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 09-21-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Well, I think the car was made longer-hooded and wider due to ... suspension choices, room for the larger V6, wider-footprint for better CG for traction/handling. I don't think it's so much about looks.

As for the back-seat space ... after you give room for the V6 engine, DWB suspension, front-seats and main-area, safety crumple-zones, drive-train (including SH-AWD), roof-line, and trunk ... the back-seat is just what is left over.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
As for the back-seat space ... after you give room for the V6 engine, DWB suspension, front-seats and main-area, safety crumple-zones, drive-train (including SH-AWD), roof-line, and trunk ... the back-seat is just what is left over.
I'm curious to see how the legroom is versus M440 and S4/S5 which have a similar layout. Something does not seem right.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:07 PM
Pro

I want to point out one thing I recently discovered about the TLX. Even though the rear seat space in the car is compromised and makes it difficult to put a rear facing carseat comfortably behind the seats, the car is still as wide as you would expect a midsize car to be. This means there's actually quite a bit of room between the front seats, which means if you put a rear facing carseat into the middle seat, there's ample room because it can stick out between the huge gap between the two front seats. Now, if you need to put in two car seats, your SOL, but a sedan isn't exactly an ideal choice for two kids anyways...
Yes, the RLX's non-athletic stance is why the rear seat space was so good. But people that want space get an SUV these days, which might be part of why the RLX failed. But if you want the RWD-look in a FWD sedan, it has to come out of the rear seats and/or trunk.

And re: the carseat. Yes, the TLX is so wide that you could easily put the rear-facing car seat in the middle and not sacrifice the front seats. Unless you have twins or triplets, that will work fine for a larger child, while a newborn or <30lbs baby can easily use a smaller carseat in rear right/left seats. And by the time that newborn needs the larger seat, the older child can safely fit in a front-facing carseat. That's assuming you don't have 2 children 9-12 months apart or 2 kids from 2 moms less than 9 months apart (if that's the case you shouldn't be looking at a TLX and instead get an Odyssey and use the extra money on a vasectomy).
Old 09-21-2020, 02:17 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bilirubin
Unless you have twins or triplets, that will work fine for a larger child, while a newborn or <30lbs baby can easily use a smaller carseat in rear right/left seats.
I don't know about that. When we put a small infant carseat behind the front passenger seat, it had to be moved up pretty darn far to the point where when my wife sits there (she's 5'5") her knees have about an inch before it hits the dash. It's not even a big car seat either, it's a Cybex Aton M. I actually took some measurements if anyone wants to move their seats to the same position to see what it would be like:

For reference, my Volvo is almost a half foot shorter than the TLX, but with the car seat in place it has an inch more room in the front.
ESHBG (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 02:28 PM
Pro

I don't know about that. When we put a small infant carseat behind the front passenger seat, it had to be moved up pretty darn far to the point where when my wife sits there (she's 5'5") her knees have about an inch before it hits the dash. It's not even a big car seat either, it's a Cybex Aton M. I actually took some measurements if anyone wants to move their seats to the same position to see what it would be like:

For reference, my Volvo is almost a half foot shorter than the TLX, but with the car seat in place it has an inch more room in the front.
Hmm that's surprising, I put a Britax B-safe 35 Infant car seat (with the base) in my Audi S5 Sportback. It fit easily with LOTS of room to spare in the front seat.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
I hear what you folks are saying about the lack of back seat room, but I’m not entirely convinced that families buy sports sedans as the household’s only vehicle. Where I live I see tons of BMW 3/4s, Mercedes Cs, and the occasional Audi 4/5 and it’s rare to see more than two people occupying those vehicles. Of course back seat room is a plus yet I don’t see it being a deal breaker for the intended audience.
bilirubin (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 02:48 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Interesting review - looking forward to more driving impressions but it sounds like Acura may have actually accomplished what they set out to do - created a more premium and sporty feel in a more attractive package.

I was actually more taken by the fact that only 30% of shoppers are looking for a sedan! I knew the station wagon, I mean SUV, was the top dog but didn't know the gap was that large.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Honda430
I hear what you folks are saying about the lack of back seat room, but I’m not entirely convinced that families buy sports sedans as the household’s only vehicle.
The TLX is no more a sports Sedan than a Camry. I see many average income families in Montreal whose only vehicle is a Corolla/Civic. Placing a better engine does not mean chopping off the back, in a manner of speaking. Place a tall person with family as the driver, and the back/car becomes useless.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 09-21-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Quick Reply: 2021 Acura TLX Reviews **2024 TLX Reviews (starting page 70)**