2007 Type S - Noisy Rear Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by virafp
The way it was explained to me by the Tech who worked on the car was that the strut assembly was replaced. This is the part number on my receipt, but maybe it included the spring perches, bushings etc.

After driving it 8 miles it appears to be fixed.....Viraf
Good!!! but I think that it would be extremely helpful if you find out all the parts numbers they replaced including spring perches,bushings etc...
any of these parts could be "the fix" not only struts...
Could You also post the dealer name and phone number with the tech name for reference?That would really help others....
Thank YOU for any help!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Exclamation

Well, I just picked up my car and on first impressions, it looks like it is a fix. The car is a lot quieter, over rough road patches, and overall just seems tighter in the rear end. The incessant knocking from the rear appears to have disappeared. However, I want to wait a few hundred miles before making a complete judgement.

I spoke with the Tech, and he said the entire unit was replaced on both sides-perches, shocks etc. Visually, there was not much difference.

Part Number: 52610-SEP-A07 This is the part number for the rears.

Lets hope it stays and the rattle does not re-appear. So far so good, on my drive home.

Viraf
The part they put in your car is for a 2007 acura tl -NOT for TYPE-S!!!!!
I just spoke with my case manager,and I told him about the fix you get and the part number ,and all that story that it worked good for your car....No wonder its ok since you got tl struts-they are different .I was driving 2007 tl and it`s nice and smooth...
Case manager looked up the part and said its regular tl not type s.I asked him if I can have those struts in my car and he said that Acura would never put them in my car unless its type s.they just don`t match the spec of the car.
You should call your dealer right away and check this out-it might be a safety issue!!!
Please let us all know what they said!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Instructor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by <<se7en>>
Okay, just spoke to the Parts Dept. and here's the part numbers that have come in:

90182-SDA-A00 (4)
90300-S84-A00 (4)
90002-S10-000 (2)
52610-SEP-A18 (2) Note that this one IS DIFFERENT than any other strut number I've seen so far. The old number was 52611-SEP-A15. George-if you remember, this one was useless. Hope the new ones above ARE the correct ones this time...

My car goes in today to have these parts installed.

BTW, I think these numbers are okay (numbers, letters, and dashes). Its sometimes hard to understand them on the phone.
the old number 52611-SEP-A15 it`s just for the strut...
52610-SEP-A18 it is an entire assembly .
Please try to find out what is the strut part number in that package. if the strut number is different than 52611-SEP-A15 than its something new,other then that its useless.
by the way does ANYONE remember what was the "OLD"part no. for the ENTIRE assembly,if I recall it correctly it has an "A17 "ending...
Old 07-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by undertaker
the old number 52611-SEP-A15 it`s just for the strut...
52610-SEP-A18 it is an entire assembly .
Please try to find out what is the strut part number in that package. if the strut number is different than 52611-SEP-A15 than its something new,other then that its useless.
by the way does ANYONE remember what was the "OLD"part no. for the ENTIRE assembly,if I recall it correctly it has an "A17 "ending...
I had mine replaced the first time in February with 52610-FMP-A17. Is that it?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by clttr2002
I had mine replaced the first time in February with 52610-FMP-A17. Is that it?
My OLD number was 52610-SAP-A17 so it`s not the same...hm...are you sure You got it right?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Intermediate

My OLD number was 52610-SAP-A17 so it`s not the same...hm...are you sure You got it right?
I had called the dealer to see what the part number was in my record of Feb 07. I was on a cell so he may have said SAP. So if you had it on a printed service report, you're probably right....
Old 07-10-2007, 06:53 PM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Here, see for yourselves...

My favorite line is the first 2 lines on page 2

Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

A little off topic but...

This whole thread is making me worry. I don't think my car has a rear suspension problem, but I do hear some rattles in the car from the front console. I wish I could sit in your car and listen to exactly what the noise sounds like so I can identify it.

I wonder if Acura would just be willing to put out a fix it for all Acura TL-S owners out there as a "recall."

I mean, we did pay close to $40k for our cars and this is really unacceptable.

My car was produced in April and I purchased it from Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim.

Anyone experience any problems from April production vehicles? Or just Type-S's purchased from Weir Canyon?

Any feedback would be helpful.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Intermediate

David - Just talked to the service advisor from my house phone and you're right it was 52610-SAP-A17. Great comment on pg 2, the washers must love you...
Old 07-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by phambam
A little off topic but...

This whole thread is making me worry. I don't think my car has a rear suspension problem, but I do hear some rattles in the car from the front console. I wish I could sit in your car and listen to exactly what the noise sounds like so I can identify it.

I wonder if Acura would just be willing to put out a fix it for all Acura TL-S owners out there as a "recall."

I mean, we did pay close to $40k for our cars and this is really unacceptable.

My car was produced in April and I purchased it from Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim.

Anyone experience any problems from April production vehicles? Or just Type-S's purchased from Weir Canyon?

Any feedback would be helpful.
I also have a rattle noise from the dashboard but Acura do not have a tsb or fix on that yet.......
Old 07-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Instructor

Here, see for yourselves...

My favorite line is the first 2 lines on page 2

But You did not tell us if that fixed the problem?????
And what is the strut part number in the damper assembly?Is it ......-A15 or different?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:24 PM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

But You did not tell us if that fixed the problem?????
And what is the strut part number in the damper assembly?Is it ......-A15 or different?
Yes, it fixed the problem...for now.

Your guess is as good as mine as to what the actual strut number is in relation to the damper number given by Acura above. Needless to say, however, its a number that has not been seen on this forum before, right? Haven't you had this done before? What does your ticket say?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Exclamation

Yes, it fixed the problem...for now.

Your guess is as good as mine as to what the actual strut number is in relation to the damper number given by Acura above. Needless to say, however, its a number that has not been seen on this forum before, right? Haven't you had this done before? What does your ticket say?
My says A15- that means strut only,but when they replaced all assembly it was A17..
So,by" it fixed it for now" you mean like the noise is gone for good or it is less...
what does it sound now?Is it like virafp said "like different car ?
Are you happy with the fix,is it what you have been expecting?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:54 PM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

My says A15- that means strut only,but when they replaced all assembly it was A17..
So,by" it fixed it for now" you mean like the noise is gone for good or it is less...
what does it sound now?Is it like virafp said "like different car ?
Are you happy with the fix,is it what you have been expecting?
To be honest, I'm not sure if its perfect or not! I know that sucks as an answer, but I became so used to the clunk, that I can't tell if its still there or not yet. My estimation says its gone. You still hear something, but I think its more of the suspension doing its normal, harsh, stiff thing that it does over sharp bumps.

As for feeling like a totally different car...ummm no! Feels the same to me. Of course, the loaner was an RDX and NOWHERE close to the TL, so jumping from one to the other felt a little different. I'll wait to post final judgment on the overall feel until tomorrow. Maybe a night's sleep will clean the RDX feeling out and I can feel the TL again.

So far, I am happy with the fix (only 15 miles since I picked it up), but my problem is that I'm now focused on those pesky DAMN RATTLES! Talk about driving a man mad. Intermittent every-damn-where!!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Regular TL struts

Thanks Undertaker for your post......when I drove the car this morning, I did notice a bit of a softer ride, but did not think much about it till I hit some corners. Prior, the car had very little lean, and I definitely felt it lean more. I was going to post this, when I logged on and read your post, and all of a sudden it became clear. I called the parts department and they verified your findings that the parts installed on my car were infact for a 2007 TL. Infact he categorically stated that they were not for a TLS.

I called the dealer and spoke to the Service Manager who has "promised to look into it". I am so pissed off at Acura for trying to cheat me out of what is supposed to go on my car-I paid for a car that is supposed to have a sport suspension, and that is what I expect. I also wrote a letter to Ed Hsu at Client Services and Frank Martorano who is a Director of Parts and Service here. This is just not right, and quite frankly I am shocked that they would pull a stunt like this.

My suspension has now been torn apart three times, and I will be really pissed off if it has to be done for a fourth time. The car has been at the dealer 20+ days in the last 2 1/2 months, and my patience has worn out.

Thanks for letting me vent...Viraf

The part they put in your car is for a 2007 acura tl -NOT for TYPE-S!!!!!
I just spoke with my case manager,and I told him about the fix you get and the part number ,and all that story that it worked good for your car....No wonder its ok since you got tl struts-they are different .I was driving 2007 tl and it`s nice and smooth...
Case manager looked up the part and said its regular tl not type s.I asked him if I can have those struts in my car and he said that Acura would never put them in my car unless its type s.they just don`t match the spec of the car.
You should call your dealer right away and check this out-it might be a safety issue!!!
Please let us all know what they said!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Advanced

Viraf, I'm sorry that they did this to you. I just can't believe that. Total BS. Make sure you report this to Acura right away.

Folks, I think it is time to call "Ask Asa" or someone like this from one of the news networks. Perhaps this will get them moving on a fix.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:49 AM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

...but when they replaced all assembly it was A17..
So, if your older assembly ended in A17, then maybe mine ending in A18 COULD BE the new and improved strut? Makes sense to me...at least I'm hoping so.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Instructor

Angry

So, if your older assembly ended in A17, then maybe mine ending in A18 COULD BE the new and improved strut? Makes sense to me...at least I'm hoping so.
As I mentioned before,they put as they say "different "struts in my car last time..
Bu different tha acura means struts there were manufactured after THE SPECIFIC DATE .that means they know the production time period for the struts there were
defective.But in my car last time they installed only the struts not the assembly ,so I can see only A15 number on the invoice.But to be honest I don`t think that there is a difference ....L still hear the noise........
Let us know about your car.....
Old 07-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Instructor

Should I be really upset?

Here's the question....should I be really upset because of this?

Thoughts and comments welcome!

Viraf

Thanks Undertaker for your post......when I drove the car this morning, I did notice a bit of a softer ride, but did not think much about it till I hit some corners. Prior, the car had very little lean, and I definitely felt it lean more. I was going to post this, when I logged on and read your post, and all of a sudden it became clear. I called the parts department and they verified your findings that the parts installed on my car were infact for a 2007 TL. Infact he categorically stated that they were not for a TLS.

I called the dealer and spoke to the Service Manager who has "promised to look into it". I am so pissed off at Acura for trying to cheat me out of what is supposed to go on my car-I paid for a car that is supposed to have a sport suspension, and that is what I expect. I also wrote a letter to Ed Hsu at Client Services and Frank Martorano who is a Director of Parts and Service here. This is just not right, and quite frankly I am shocked that they would pull a stunt like this.

My suspension has now been torn apart three times, and I will be really pissed off if it has to be done for a fourth time. The car has been at the dealer 20+ days in the last 2 1/2 months, and my patience has worn out.

Thanks for letting me vent...Viraf
Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 AM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Yes!

I would want my money back for a blatant attempt to deceive a consumer!

That crosses the line entirely.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Spoke with Client Services

<<se7en>> thanks for posting your RO with the part numbers, that really helped.

I just spoke with Ed Hsu at Acura and he said that they were looking into why this happened. They are going to review the part numbers to ensure that they belong to a TL - well, I already know that they do! They have asked me to give them till close of business tomorrow to come up with an answer.

Interestingly, they replaced my front struts as well with regular TL struts. I assume this was done so that the front and rear struts matched up. The car would have felt really wierd with TLS struts in the front and regular TL struts in the rear.

If they have to tear the suspension apart again that will makit it the FOURTH time that they have ripped the car apart in 2 1/2 months.

All I can say is that I should have stayed with the BMW 335!!! Why did I switch..stupid move!

A very frustrated Acura owner

Yes!

I would want my money back for a blatant attempt to deceive a consumer!

That crosses the line entirely.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Intermediate

Here's the question....should I be really upset because of this?

Thoughts and comments welcome!

Viraf

It really depends on if the service department intentionally tried to mislead you or if suspect any type of deception or dishonesty. If that's the case, damn right I would be pissed. Since we're not there, only you will know based on their reaction, if they knew this was a standard TL strut.

However, if this was an honest mistake, they still need to get an ear full since there's really know way of knowing what could of happened - obviously, the strut on a TL was not validated to go on a TL-S.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Deception

It really depends on if the service department intentionally tried to mislead you or if suspect any type of deception or dishonesty. If that's the case, damn right I would be pissed. Since we're not there, only you will know based on their reaction, if they knew this was a standard TL strut.

However, if this was an honest mistake, they still need to get an ear full since there's really know way of knowing what could of happened - obviously, the strut on a TL was not validated to go on a TL-S.
Thanks for your post. According to the dealer, they followed the instructions of Acura Corporate that was sent to them via a fax, listing the part numbers installed.

Acura Corporate is saying they need to review what happened - if in fact, these part numbers are the long term fix? If that is the case, all of us TLS owners get the regular TL suspension...I think not!

Yes, my concern is that the TL strut is not validated on a TLS, and that worries me when driving the car.

I will let you all know what they tell me tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sudolg
Viraf, I'm sorry that they did this to you. I just can't believe that. Total BS. Make sure you report this to Acura right away.

Folks, I think it is time to call "Ask Asa" or someone like this from one of the news networks. Perhaps this will get them moving on a fix.
I think they (Acura) deserved some media attention.Maybe than they realize the should act like an luxury car division -not like kia!!!!!Sorry kia owners btw....
Old 07-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Instructor

Virafp,
I think you should either go for a lemon low ,or make a big wish list to Acura now.Like a free service for 5 years or so...........not to mention free xm+navi traffic ...
Old 07-11-2007, 03:34 PM
2007 TL Type-S

It sounds to me Acura is trying a few different fixes between the A07 part # and the # A18. Undertaker being the "test pilot" for the A18 part #. Sounds like you guys have been beta testers.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Instructor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by george3761
It sounds to me Acura is trying a few different fixes between the A07 part # and the # A18. Undertaker being the "test pilot" for the A18 part #. Sounds like you guys have been beta testers.
I just spoke with my case manager trying to find out what is the difference between
A17 and A18 and they don`t know.....I told him to look at this forum ,the invoice that se7en posted.He did call me back and they trying to find out...He promised to let me know right away if there is any different part in thea A18 set,if it is I want it in my car as well.
by the way George I dont have A18 in my car-se7ven does...
If anyone will have that A18 set installed please let us all know and do the research what is the strut number in the set before they put them in ...PLEASE!!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:57 PM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Yup! I'm the "test pilot"...

...and I'm still testing.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
2007 TL Type-S

I just spoke with my case manager trying to find out what is the difference between
A17 and A18 and they don`t know.....I told him to look at this forum ,the invoice that se7en posted.He did call me back and they trying to find out...He promised to let me know right away if there is any different part in thea A18 set,if it is I want it in my car as well.
by the way George I dont have A18 in my car-se7ven does...
If anyone will have that A18 set installed please let us all know and do the research what is the strut number in the set before they put them in ...PLEASE!!
I know you are on the possible TL struts. I was wondering if Acura is trying different options and you were one of the "testers".
Old 07-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Advanced

There is no way that Acura would be "trying" differnt things in customers cars. They have plenty of test cars they could use.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Advanced

I think they (Acura) deserved some media attention.Maybe than they realize the should act like an luxury car division -not like kia!!!!!Sorry kia owners btw....
My brother has Asa Arrons from NBC coming to his house on Monday to do a report on some unknown issues with the iPhone and the AT&T network. It can be done.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Instructor

My brother has Asa Arrons from NBC coming to his house on Monday to do a report on some unknown issues with the iPhone and the AT&T network. It can be done.
Then go for it!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:23 AM
2007 TL Type-S

There is no way that Acura would be "trying" differnt things in customers cars. They have plenty of test cars they could use.
One of our guys is already a test pilot. It's on his invoice.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Instructor

Testers

I know you are on the possible TL struts. I was wondering if Acura is trying different options and you were one of the "testers".
If they put the TL struts on my car so they could test them out, I would hope that they would ask my permission first....in this case, if one of our members had not checked, it may have been weeks before we figured this out!

Thanks to the board and it's members for good information.

Viraf
Old 07-12-2007, 11:04 AM
2007 TL Type-S

If they put the TL struts on my car so they could test them out, I would hope that they would ask my permission first....in this case, if one of our members had not checked, it may have been weeks before we figured this out!

Thanks to the board and it's members for good information.

Viraf
I totally agree.

Does anyone know if the ASPEC suspension for the TL-S is also faulty?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Instructor

good question

I totally agree.

Does anyone know if the ASPEC suspension for the TL-S is also faulty?
For all the hassle we are going through, maybe this is what we should be demanding as replacement parts.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Instructor

[QUOTE=virafp]For all the hassle we are going through, maybe this is what we should be demanding as replacement parts.[/
Good idea!!!Somebody should ask Acura if they match....
I will mention this in next chat with my case manager....
You guys try it too...
Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Intermediate

<<se7en>> thanks for posting your RO with the part numbers, that really helped.

I just spoke with Ed Hsu at Acura and he said that they were looking into why this happened. They are going to review the part numbers to ensure that they belong to a TL - well, I already know that they do! They have asked me to give them till close of business tomorrow to come up with an answer.

Did they contact you today as promised?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Instructor

No

Did they contact you today as promised?
As of the "end of business today" no call.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Advanced

One of our guys is already a test pilot. It's on his invoice.
For the dealership. Not for Acura. If Acura needs our help, then we are in trouble.

Quick Reply: 2007 Type S - Noisy Rear Suspension