2007 Type S - Noisy Rear Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cbbutlercm
Well gentlemen I am about to join the club of getting the rear suspension noise problem fixed with an unproven solution but, not because I think it’s going to help my car. Instead, just to start a file with my dealer who seems to be ready and willing to help. Once they find out that it does not work they can start a similar "tech line bulletin" or however they communicate to Acura, just as a means to create a paper trail illustrating what the problem is. With a high number of complaints their needs to be a paper trail to follow. They also need to show documentation of an attempted fix for the problem with a factory replacement part. After they have replaced the part with one that they have ordered and are sure is not defective they have no choice but to find another fix to the problem. I will not let them do the same fix twice; they will have to prove to me that the second time is a valid and different fix before they get my car again. We can all complain until we’re blue in the face but if they can’t keep track how many TL-S this is happening with, the problem remains isolated to only a few cars. Not enough to warrant a recall and a total redesign of the effected factory part.
I hope the end result of my sacrifice is getting this problem fixed. Also I have cautioned them as to how clean I keep my car and that I am aware of every detail and have pictures so that if I receive my car any different appearance wise than I gave it to them, they will keep it until my new parts arrive and my car restored back to its condition prior to being in their care. They assured me that this wont be a problem but we’ll see…

This problem will be fixed, with factory parts or aftermarket parts and not out of our pockets…
I`m on the phone with Acura Client serv....now to see what thet got to say about it.....
Old 05-04-2007, 05:06 PM
2007 TL-S & CBR600RR

Originally Posted by undertaker
I`m on the phone with Acura Client serv....now to see what thet got to say about it.....
Well...? The suspense is killing me.

Lemme guess. They've not heard of any problems like this before.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by <<se7en>>
Well...? The suspense is killing me.

Lemme guess. They've not heard of any problems like this before.
well not really this time!!!
They are aware of the problem,they got the TECH Line summary article (BTS070204)
and they about to send the service note to dealerships all over US!!
I was able to get to reg. case manager (after trying two times before!!!)
He said Acura is working hard to solve this problem since many people comlain all over the country.....
I told him I dont want to go to service third time since there is no guarantee that they will fix that...
He said he will call me in few days ...
I told him that I want a new car and he said that if they cant fix that quick than it is an option...
will see.....
I will keep you guys informed ....
Old 05-04-2007, 09:20 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job Undertaker. I also started a case file before the last fix so i will follow up on the latest "not fix" on Monday. At least they are not ignoring this. Lets hope for a speedy fix or pay me for a set of Teins!
I'm driving a new TL-S tomorrow so i'll report back on that experiance.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:43 AM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

I told him that I want a new car and he said that if they cant fix that quick than it is an option...
HOLD UP! A NEW CAR???

What are the chances that Acura will REALLY do that...somewhere between zero and nil?? But if they do, I'm on it!!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Instructor

HOLD UP! A NEW CAR???

What are the chances that Acura will REALLY do that...somewhere between zero and nil?? But if they do, I'm on it!!
yes there is an option ,depend of the state where you live,there are different rules,but in Illinois if they can`t fix your car (same problem ) after 3 times in 12 months you have a right to a new car....although I`m not sure if I get a new one that would be good-since many of them are with defect.
Anyway there would be a recall for all s types as soon as they will find a fix-that is what Acura rep. told me....couse they know that replaceing struts does not do the trick...
Old 05-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Instructor

yes there is an option ,depend of the state where you live,there are different rules,but in Illinois if they can`t fix your car (same problem ) after 3 times in 12 months you have a right to a new car....although I`m not sure if I get a new one that would be good-since many of them are with defect.
Anyway there would be a recall for all s types as soon as they will find a fix-that is what Acura rep. told me....couse they know that replaceing struts does not do the trick...
correction- in Illinois they have four attemps in 12 months from the date of purchase...
You can check google by typeing "new car lemon policy Your state"
Old 05-05-2007, 10:32 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Well drove a TL-S today with 9 miles on it. It seemed very simular to my current ride. Just a little noise on a sharp bump. This may be normal. I may be too sensative to this noise now. My guess is there is room for improvment. I guess we wait for Acura to have a real fix. As i said before it is much better. I wonder though if it will get worse as some have said.
Lets go Acura and get this resolved!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:04 PM
9th Gear

Picked up my TLS on Monday with 158 miles on it after they performed the "rear damper service bulletin". According to the paperwork they replaced both rear strut assemblies. Not sure how the dampers relate to the struts but I have to assume they are a sub assembly and were replaced along with the rest of the struts. They also replaced my warped rear brake rotors but now I have an intermittent noise coming from the right rear hub assembly and it does not sound like new brakes “seating”. The rear suspension noise is still present over certain kinds of bumps so the repair did not work and they scratched up some of my plastic in the lower rear part of the back seat area over the rear door sill so this is quickly evolving into a nightmare. I have notified the dealership that the problem is not fixed and I have also opened a case# with Acura. I asked the Acura rep a lot of questions and she kept trying to point me back to the dealer. I kept driving home the fact that I just picked the car up from the dealership and the problem is not fixed. I also mentioned that I was aware that this is not an isolated incident and I demanded to know what they are doing about it. They seem to be replacing one bad part with another. In the end I got my case number and pointed back to the dealership. I have about 400 miles on the car at this point. In Maryland, if they can not fix a problem with 4 visits or the car spends more than 30 days in the shop in the first 18 months of ownership it can be declared a lemon. I will be taking it in again soon to have my damaged plastic replaced and for another try on the rear suspension noise. If I pick it up and the noise persists I will send it back again and again. I am going to wear these people out until the problem is fixed or the car is declared a lemon.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:27 PM
TL SL ML :)

Hey guys, I've had my TL-S for about 2 months now and I think I may have this issue as well

....could you guys describe what it sounds like / what I should be noticing in order to determine if this is the same issue

...the best way I can describe what I'm hearing is this...when i go over bumps on the road there is some kind of noise from the rear of the car, a very mild clunk sound and it does seem odd to me and since reading this thread it's got me thinking if I have this "rear suspension issue" you're all talking about
Old 05-07-2007, 02:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by brown598
Here is the problem, I bought my new Tl-s and it was in the shop for over 3 weeks. They told me they heard the noise, they changed the struts, shocks and ripped out my whole rear seat. Finally they found out what the problem was. Well the rear bushings were made different for 2007. They had to call California and speak to the engineers that designed the car. They had replaced the struts, upper bushings located on top of the struts. that will take car of the banging noise as you go over bumps. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks
Can we get a link to the service manual on this?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:30 AM
im back

just brought mine into the dealer this morning after a 2 week wait for the rear struts so ill see if its any different.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Advanced

I went for a long drive yesterday and tried to listen for the noise. I've been disappointed with the bumps for a long time but I'm hearing the same noise front and rear. Its a thump when hitting the bumps. I just thought bumps would be noticably quieter (almost inaudible) with this car (compared with an Accord). I'm just not sure if the noise I'm hearing is normal or not.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

For those of you wondering if you have this issue, I'll describe what I hear...

For me, it sounds like the rear deck (where the speakers are) is COMPLETELY unattached and when you encounter a sharp bump it sounds like the entire deck is lifting up about an inch then slamming down.

Or maybe this analogy...
Sounds like you've left a crescent wrench laying on the rear deck and each bump makes a "clunk" as it hits the deck.

It sounds like a clunk/thump...almost hollow, like a metal object hitting the carpeted rear deck cover. It's THAT noticeable and distinct. For me, there is no subtlety to it at all - no mistaking it for normal suspension noises.

Hope this helps in your diagnosis.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sudolg
I went for a long drive yesterday and tried to listen for the noise. I've been disappointed with the bumps for a long time but I'm hearing the same noise front and rear. Its a thump when hitting the bumps. I just thought bumps would be noticably quieter (almost inaudible) with this car (compared with an Accord). I'm just not sure if the noise I'm hearing is normal or not.
I would describe this the same way as you on mine. Seems like it's similar coming from the front as the rear...although the rear does seem a bit more pronounced. But not as loud as it seems other's have described. However, I didn't notice any noise on the 07 loaner (non-typS) I had when getting my oil change done.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:00 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Originally Posted by rventu
I would describe this the same way as you on mine. Seems like it's similar coming from the front as the rear...although the rear does seem a bit more pronounced. But not as loud as it seems other's have described. However, I didn't notice any noise on the 07 loaner (non-typS) I had when getting my oil change done.
I agree. Does seem to come from the front also but MUCH less obvious. Could the tires be exaggerating this? I know the Michelin HX MX?? tires are not considered a great tire. Could their compound be doing this? What tires do the stock TL's come with?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by george3761
I agree. Does seem to come from the front also but MUCH less obvious. Could the tires be exaggerating this? I know the Michelin HX MX?? tires are not considered a great tire. Could their compound be doing this? What tires do the stock TL's come with?
The 07 loaner I had was non-navi.... I think those still come with Bridgestone tires.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

I heard the noise the first time ever this weekend... I drive my car a lot so I'm suprised I have not heard it more then once granted I have the stereo up a lot of the time. I was driving from Maryland back to NJ and I hit a bump just right and Wow I must say the car made one hell of a noise... Not like bottoming out or anything Just a weird hollow sound. I'm not going to bother bugging the dealer until Acura comes up with something. I've got 2k on my car so far and it was built april 07.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Advanced

Well, yesterday I did notice when I went over some rail road tracks a tinny sound as if I had hit a piece of metal in the street. I thought that is what happened so now I'm wondering. Will go again and try to find some nice bumps (and an alignment shop which I'll soon need!!!!)
Old 05-07-2007, 02:24 PM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

My suspension REALLY makes the tale-tale noise over RR tracks.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Instructor

List of owners with suspension problem

If someone knows how to do this, can we start a list of 2007 TL-S owners who have the rear suspension problem, along with a case number if you have contacted Acura Client Services.

Name Location Case Number
Viraf Pudumjee Los Angeles B012007-05-0200362

Thanks for your help.

Viraf
Old 05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by virafp
If someone knows how to do this, can we start a list of 2007 TL-S owners who have the rear suspension problem, along with a case number if you have contacted Acura Client Services.

Name Location Case Number
Viraf Pudumjee Los Angeles B012007-05-0200362

Thanks for your help.

Viraf
But what this really means ,I mean what is the purpose?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Instructor

Purpose would be to show Acura

I thought this way we could show Acura, in one list, how many people are having problems with the rear suspension on the TL-S. It may prompt them to work faster on a solution.

If you guys think it is a bad idea (I am a Acura newbie) or it will not do any good, feel free to let me know.

I spoke with Client Services today, and they told me that they have "no record of this being a problem". That;s a bit worrisome.

Regards

Viraf

But what this really means ,I mean what is the purpose?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think the list is a good idea, my S, had this problem when i drove it off the lot with 5miles on it...now i have 5000 and the 2nd set of struts is starting to make this noise. I have yet to call Acura on it but i plan on it, but i would like to have some solid proof w/names of who others on here talked to about this when they called so when they tell me they dont know what im talking about i can call them out on it.

Also, cheked Ohio Lemon laws and its 3 visits in the first 12 months to fix the same problem, im going on 2 visits in 3 months!!!

They know they are lying when you tell them about this problem and they say they never have heard about it. I mean just look a few pages back to the guy who called then had his girlfriend call 30min and got the same person and they said they never heard of this problem. It doesnt seem that Acura is to concerend about this problem.

This makes me pissed, and i love my typeS but im starting to regreat getting it, i know i should have never got another acura after my CL-S!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 06:58 PM
2007tntls

Acura knows about this problem and has since at least January/February of 2007 when I first complained to them. My "handler" in California described the problem as either a defect in design or manufacture of the strut. The mechanic who replaced the struts (the first time) called Acura's tech line and was told that, during manufacture, a nut was being installed incorrectly (lopsided) which restricted movement of fluid? in the strut/shock. After the second time, I mentioned "Lemon Law" to my "California handler" and he said "it's time to get someone involved to protect management," and he scheduled an appointment for me to meet with Mark Evansizer, the regional service manager. Mark admitted that there was a noise, but amazingly referred to it as a ... "product characteristic" of the Acura TL, Type S. (I asked him if brittle steel was a "product characteristic" of the Titanic.) I think it is imperative that everyone push Acura about this "product characteristic," and the need for a prompt, and permanent fix. It also concerns me (and should be of a concern to Acura) that Acura continues to sell these vehicles without informing potential buyers when it has been aware of this problem for some time now. I will review my notes and letters and provide any additional information that I can. Good Luck.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Intermediate

Being my first major car purchase ... overall I have been disappointed with my TL-S. Don't get me wrong, I love the way the car looks (inside and out), drives and handles .... but the intermittent/constant rattles combined with the rear suspension noise have really ruined my initial experience with the car ... i don't know if i'm being too picky, but i was expecting more from a $40,000 car

I've had intermittent rattles in the dashboard, steering wheel column, rear deck, sunroof, headliner, center console ... and the main two rattles that are driving me crazy are .... the constant buzzing (metal-plastic sound) coming from the drivers side seatbealt tensioner and the noise coming from the middle seat belt tensioner in the back when I play music with bass or when I drive over a bumpy road.... these symphony of rattles combined with the clunking noise in the rear have made for a not so wonderful driving experience

i had the car into the dealer for 5 days for the above problems... they fixed the steering wheel column rattle (loose wires) and nothing else... they told me the clunking noise in the rear and the rear deck rattles were a "natural characteristic" of the TL-S ... yea ok

i have been able to solve the dashboard and rear deck rattles by stuffing weatherstripping tape in those areas (which looks cheap and tacky) and the middle seat belt tensioner rattle i was able to temporarily solve for about 3 weeks (however it is back in full force today, rattling over both bumps in the road and when playing music).

this is my first acura ...given the response from the dealer and ACS... it seems they don't stand behind their product and try to come up with BS excuses (natural characteristic?) of why their cars rattle or have defective parts

I don't have much faith that they will come up with a permanent fix for the rear strut noise.... yea its annoying, yea it shouldn't sound like that, but its not jeopardizing the safety of us driving it ... they will probably lose millions of dollars if they had to replace all the struts in the TL-S's on the road

the car has been out for what like 6-7 months? they have had to know about the problem within the first month...actually, they probably knew about this noise before they even released the car... so for 6+ months they haven't done anything and continue to sell these defective cars... its a real shame....you would think the acura engineers would be able to come up with a fix sooner

sorry for the long post, but what does everyone think the final solution will be to this? ...and when do you think we'll see some type of response/answer from acura?

i'm about to bring my car in for its first oil change (within the next month)... i'm looking forward to letting my dealer know my disatisfaction again
Old 05-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Instructor

Got a call today

I just got a call this evening from my service advisor saying that there was a fix for the problem! I was on my cell phone, so could not hear him too well, but I think he said there was a service bulletin out, and the fix included struts, spring perches and springs?

Anyway, the car goes in on Monday, so hopefully it will all be sorted out.

Viraf

Originally Posted by virafp
I thought this way we could show Acura, in one list, how many people are having problems with the rear suspension on the TL-S. It may prompt them to work faster on a solution.

If you guys think it is a bad idea (I am a Acura newbie) or it will not do any good, feel free to let me know.

I spoke with Client Services today, and they told me that they have "no record of this being a problem". That;s a bit worrisome.

Regards

Viraf
Old 05-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Advanced

going for a quick drive around my block, over some speed bumps, im pretty sure i have heard this before, ususally dont cuz im bumpin wit the JL's
Old 05-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Advanced

ehh not sure, but im defnitaly gunna let them know about the bulletin and want them to look at it and fix it
Old 05-09-2007, 08:05 AM
2007tntls

Angry TLS Rear Suspension Noise - History

First reported the problem to Acura at Mail Stop 500-2N-7A, 1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90501-2746 on January 25, 2007 (via facsimile: 1-310-783-3535).

First contact from Acura was Teri Spencer on January 26, 2007.

Second report to Acura on February 12, 2007, confirming her (and local dealership's) report of manufacturing/design defect(s) with strut assemblies.

March 2, 2007 - new Acura "handler" is Ben Barnard - 1-800-382-2238, Extension 115087.

March 14, 2007 - Mr. Barnard informs me that there is a "component inside the rear strut" that is causing the problem. Not sure if "manufacturing defect" or "workmanship issue." No ETA on "countermeasure." Replacement of struts is fixing problem in most instances.

April 19, 2007 meeting with Mark Evensizer, District Parts & Service Manager, Central Zone 3A. Telephone (800) 382-2238 (Acura conveniently does not have e-mail addresses available to the public, and I have no direct number for Mr. Evensizer).

Mr. Evensizer said it was not a defect, it was a "product characteristic" of the 2007 TL Type S. (I told him about Internet postings about this problem, and his comment was that such were merely the subjective opinions of individual owners, not a reflection of any actual problem.)

Despite this ridiculous "corporate speak," I have been informed by Acura and by the local dealership that the rear strut assembly is defective, but that no "countermeasure" is currently available. I doubt Acura will address this problem until such time as the squeaky wheels become so loud that they cannot be ignored. Lemon laws of individual states may provide some relief, but I think it is important to muster all the substantive information we can and keep after Acura to fix this "uncharacteristic" (for Acura) "product characteristic."
Old 05-09-2007, 08:15 AM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Originally Posted by 2007tntls
Despite this ridiculous "corporate speak," I have been informed by Acura and by the local dealership that the rear strut assembly is defective, but that no "countermeasure" is currently available. I doubt Acura will address this problem until such time as the squeaky wheels become so loud that they cannot be ignored. Lemon laws of individual states may provide some relief, but I think it is important to muster all the substantive information we can and keep after Acura to fix this "uncharacteristic" (for Acura) "product characteristic."

Well f'n spoken!! Agree entirely. Maybe we should somehow find a way to post this to the masses...sort of like a protest! We need an Acura email that sends to "ALL", that way we could blast them!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:21 AM
2007tntls

Well f'n spoken!! Agree entirely. Maybe we should somehow find a way to post this to the masses...sort of like a protest! We need an Acura email that sends to "ALL", that way we could blast them!!!!
<<se7en>>

Did you buy your car in Knoxville, TN? I bought mine in Johnson City, TN. I expect that Mr. Evensizer is the district rep for Knoxville as well. A meeting with him might be a first step. What we need is a specific web site/blog for this issue in order to compile information and discuss how best to address this issue with Acura.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:28 AM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Harpers Acura
Knoxville, TN

Maybe I should call Mr. E and give him the same sh!t his shoveling us. I'll be happy to get a little confrontational with him to get our point across!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Instructor

The service manager just called me to set up appointment for friday.
Guess what?
He said he has spoken with some tech.from different dealership,who has same problem with s-type tls.He said that he found out some springs in the TRUNK are making noise!!!They gonna remove them in my car and drive it to see if the noise is gone....Will see ...they dod it in other tl and they say its gone...
I will keep you informed...
Old 05-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Instructor

Springs?

That's a new one! The only springs around the trunk area are the rear springs...removing them is not a viable option!

Just spoke with Client services - no TSB out yet. I am curious as to what they are going to do to my car on Monday.

The service manager just called me to set up appointment for friday.
Guess what?
He said he has spoken with some tech.from different dealership,who has same problem with s-type tls.He said that he found out some springs in the TRUNK are making noise!!!They gonna remove them in my car and drive it to see if the noise is gone....Will see ...they dod it in other tl and they say its gone...
I will keep you informed...
Old 05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Instructor

he probably ment springs that open and close trunk door ,not the springs in the struts...
Old 05-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Pro

Wow .. I've been seriously thinking about getting a TL-S ... I have a 'donated' CL-S6 that was given to me by Acura after my 02 CLS developed serious tranny issues.

What I'm reading really bothers me ... as I'm seeing the same response from Acura as I had with the start of the whole 2G 5-spd tranny issue. i was there from the beginning .. got nothing but denial .. 'operating characteristics' .. etc .. met with regional manager who told me that Acura's auto trannies are designed differently than others to be more reliable .. got into words with dealers ... service managers .. general managers .. district managers .. even wasted an hour of my life with client services. All were claiming it was in my head until I limped the damn car home 120 miles on a tranny that wouldn't shift anymore .. and with that, I qualified for lemon law .. and suddenly I was their best friend. Long story short .. I ended up in an 03 CLS-6.

Unfortunately, the comments, experiences here are 'normal characteristics' of Acura in regards to a serious question of quality in their products. Everything I've read including one dealer knowing fully, another claiming no problems, one client services call offering full explanation, follow up call only has complete denial. The fact of the matter is ... acura will be tight lipped over any question of quality just as they were with the transmission issue. My guess is that until everyone gets together with one voice, and acura's sales fall even further in the toilet (they are down significantly according to hondanews.com), DO NOT expect any assistance from them. You will hear nothing but ramblings and there will be no formal fix or response. Some of you might be lucky enough to find a sympathetic dealer, but don't expect a whole lot of information or support from Honda.

Acura needs to figure out that they cannot play in lexus's playground simply by putting 4 wheel drive and raising the price 5 grand. I visited a lexus dealership just to talk to them, didn't actually drive anything yet because I'm just narrowing down my list of cars simply by viewing/sitting/talking with dealers .. talk about night and day. Acura should admit that they are in the lux-wanna-be and accept that, because that is where their customer service puts them.

As for me, tough decision, I do not want to go through the whole nightmare of dealing with acura again, but the TL-S does fit my needs (except I do not want nor need navi). I will talk to the sales manager about it, and I fully expect to hear "what issue?" ... that's acura for ya.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by 2007tntls
First reported the problem to Acura at Mail Stop 500-2N-7A, 1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90501-2746 on January 25, 2007 (via facsimile: 1-310-783-3535).

First contact from Acura was Teri Spencer on January 26, 2007.

Second report to Acura on February 12, 2007, confirming her (and local dealership's) report of manufacturing/design defect(s) with strut assemblies.

March 2, 2007 - new Acura "handler" is Ben Barnard - 1-800-382-2238, Extension 115087.

March 14, 2007 - Mr. Barnard informs me that there is a "component inside the rear strut" that is causing the problem. Not sure if "manufacturing defect" or "workmanship issue." No ETA on "countermeasure." Replacement of struts is fixing problem in most instances.

April 19, 2007 meeting with Mark Evensizer, District Parts & Service Manager, Central Zone 3A. Telephone (800) 382-2238 (Acura conveniently does not have e-mail addresses available to the public, and I have no direct number for Mr. Evensizer).

Mr. Evensizer said it was not a defect, it was a "product characteristic" of the 2007 TL Type S. (I told him about Internet postings about this problem, and his comment was that such were merely the subjective opinions of individual owners, not a reflection of any actual problem.)

You said the rear strut assembly Not the cars mounts, right? You are saying the coilover is bad, correct? So if I get Tein coilovers I will be fixing it myself. Or is it something else?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
from PR to the world

So what's the status? Nothing yet from Acura to fix the problem?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

I just spoke with the service manager here. He said that he has (just the last two days) spoke with Mark Evensizer, District Parts & Service Manager, and that he said the standard statement of "product characteristic" is a default statement due to the fact that Acura Engineering DOES NOT have a current fix for the problem. He (my guy) assured me that they ARE working on it and fully realize that there IS a problem. We can only hope for the best from this point forward. Any fix that you have received or may be receiving, from what I understand, is simply a patch and does not correct the problem totally.

As I refuse to let them tear the back end out my car over and over, I'm waiting until a true resolution is found. However, I have called Client Services and have received a case number. If nothing else, I'm on record as saying this is BS! I hope, for their sake, there is no safety concern here. If ANYTHING happens as a result of their negligence, I'LL OWN ACURA!!!! So far, my service manager has given me good, honest information.

Quick Reply: 2007 Type S - Noisy Rear Suspension