Originally Posted by acura911
any news yet guys?
Nothing yet. Waiting until July.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by <<se7en>>
Nothing yet. Waiting until July.
thanks for the update i also used the hot tire red on my mats it looks good.thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've use "Tuff Stuff" and it seems to work well. No news about the noisy suspension.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:27 AM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Originally Posted by acura911
thanks for the update i also used the hot tire red on my mats it looks good.thanks
It adds just that little somthin' somthin' to it that it's missing, doesn't it?

Let's all hope "The Fix" is here soon.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:57 PM
6th Gear

Angry

Last week I talked to the customer relations manager at the dealer. She told me that when they replaced my rear struts, they also drove other Type-S's on the lot for comparison. She tried to convince me that the clunking noise is a normal characteristic of the stiffer Type-S suspension. I told her that the suspension on my friend's Corvette doesn't clunk, and you can't get much stiffer than that. She also invited me back to the dealer to drive another Type-S to see for myself. I told her that would be a waste of my time because I don't care if it's only my Type-S or all Type-S's that make this noise, I still find it completely unacceptable in a nearly $40K luxury car. Driving another Type-S with the problem will only convince me that the problem is more widespread than I originally thought, but it will not make me any less dissatisfied. In fact, it makes me more dissatisfied because now instead of thinking that my car has a manufacturing defect that affects a small number of Type-S's, I have to believe that Acura engineers intentionally designed the car with a clunky suspension and thought it was totally acceptable. As an engineer myself, I sure hope that's not the case.

One thing I've noticed in my subsequent trips to this dealer is that they are located on what is perhaps the smoothest road in the entire state of Mass, and this is the road they took me out on for my initial test drive when I bought the car (I actually drove a different car than the one I bought). I told her that if I had driven a Type-S on a bumpy road and heard these noises during my test drive, I never would have bought the car.

She also told me that because they are one of the biggest Acura dealers in the country by volume, they usually are the first to hear about problems like this, and my complaint was the first they'd heard of the noisy suspension. Funny because their shop foreman admitted to me that they'd replaced several struts on other cars and it wasn't fixing the problem. I didn't bring that up, but I did mention this forum to her and told her that people had been complaining to Acura since at least January. She told me she didn't even know how to respond to that. Thanks guys!

I think she finally realized that she wasn't going to placate me with her spin job. She didn't know anything about when or if Acura was coming out with a fix. About the only thing I got out of this (besides more frustrated with Acura and the dealer) is the promise of some free service coupons to help make up for my troubles.

It's getting close to July. Here's hoping Acura does the right thing and comes out with a proper fix.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just called in my case, asked for a reg case manager, and of course, she was not availible!!! But i documented it and told them that i would def. go through with lemon lawing it! Reg manager is suppose to call back soon, well see!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Instructor

Just picked my car from dealer.They changed the struts fourth time now.
I must say the car is much better now ,but I`m still not sure it` s perfect.
My case manager said they(Acura) know the exact date of manufacture of defective
struts so they no longer make the same mistake installing the wrong ones...
I will let you guys know if the car stays this way or if it get worse after driving couple hundred miles like it took place before.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:32 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by undertaker
Just picked my car from dealer.They changed the struts fourth time now.
I must say the car is much better now ,but I`m still not sure it` s perfect.
My case manager said they(Acura) know the exact date of manufacture of defective
struts so they no longer make the same mistake installing the wrong ones...
I will let you guys know if the car stays this way or if it get worse after driving couple hundred miles like it took place before.
Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting on the TSB. I'm flying out of town for the next 10 days so maybe when i return..............?
Good luck with the latest fix. Hope that does it .
Old 06-23-2007, 11:45 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Can someone do a quick recap on what this "clunking" sounds like? Does it usually occur on bumpy roads only?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Just got a call back from my case manager, and she advised that as of June the new parts are availible and that i just need to go to dealership and get them replaced. Never mentioned anything about a TSB or anything!!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Instructor

I have found that I have a noise coming from the front when I go over a sharp bump. Sounds like something is loose somewhere in the right front. I'm going to look at the grill inserts to see if that could be a source. Anyone else have this? Only noticeable when the front windows are down.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Got home and had a message from my dealer saying my parts are in...

Ummm, I didn't order any parts. I HAVE been waiting on those damn struts, though. Of course, its after hours and I can't call them.

Anybody else get this call? It's the only thing I can think of.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 AM
RoadRunner

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Fuel Cap Tighten and Express Window Up

I have had my TL-S for 3 months now and so far the only problem that I have ben having is that sometimes while driving the 'Tighten Fuel Cap' indicator comes on and there is a message in the navi. Also The Express window going up looks like is it going to go up all the way and then it drops down to the halfway point. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Instructor

Exclamation

Hi everyone!
Here is a newest update on my car...
After dealer replaced rear struts for the 4th time, and a week of driving its seems to be much batter.Yes ,better not perfect...but it won`t be..
Today my reg.case manager called me and we decided that I`ll go to the dealer one more time and take a brand new tl-s for a ride with service manager.I still hear little bumping ? noise over sharp bumps at low speed so I decided to check other car.
TL-s was manufactured in may 2007...
The noise was exactly the same......or even worse....
The case manager said the struts they put in my car are the one that fix the problem,so it`s seems to be something else that makes that noise ...
I give up.I they find what else might couse it then I take it far a fix.So far even if I get a new car it will not change a thing.
By the way Acura paid for a year of XM +navi traffic .
they also gave me one year of free scheduled and recommended service for a year with no milage limit.
not bad...
Let me and others know what`s up with YOUR cars guys.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:01 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Well got a message from my case manager today. He said the fix is now coming at the end of July. Not sure what to do next. I'm back in town on Tuesday so i guess it's time for another chat with the dealer. So according to my guy anything they do is not a fix yet. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:02 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Hi everyone!
After dealer replaced rear struts for the 4th time, and a week of driving its seems to be much batter.Yes ,better not perfect...but it won`t be..
Today my reg.case manager called me and we decided that I`ll go to the dealer one more time and take a brand new tl-s for a ride with service manager.I still hear little bumping ? noise over sharp bumps at low speed so I decided to check other car.
The case manager said the struts they put in my car are the one that fix the problem,so it`s seems to be something else that makes that noise ...
I give up.I they find what else might couse it then I take it far a fix.So far even if I get a new car it will not change a thing.
they also gave me one year of free scheduled and recommended service for a year with no milage limit.
not bad...
Tell your case manager that there is not a fix yet as per my case manager.
These people need to talk.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Intermediate

i pick up my replacement 07-s sometime late next week. production date is june 07.

can someone find out from corp acura if the "fix" has already been implemented @ the factory?

i.e. - is the "fix" delay based on parts availablility ... or is it b/c the "fix" hasn't been finalized yet...?

doug
Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Originally Posted by batdude
i pick up my replacement 07-s sometime late next week. production date is june 07.

can someone find out from corp acura if the "fix" has already been implemented @ the factory?

i.e. - is the "fix" delay based on parts availablility ... or is it b/c the "fix" hasn't been finalized yet...?

doug
What i gathered from the message on my phone was that they are still working on this thing. I wonder if we are any closer than we were 6 weeks ago. Definitely making a few calls next week.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:58 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by citidelx
I have had my TL-S for 3 months now and so far the only problem that I have ben having is that sometimes while driving the 'Tighten Fuel Cap' indicator comes on and there is a message in the navi. Also The Express window going up looks like is it going to go up all the way and then it drops down to the halfway point. Has anyone else experienced this?
Haven't seen the Express window problem on my '07 TL-S, but I remember it happened a couple of times on my '01 CL-S. Never did anything about it, since it was an intermittent (and very infrequent) problem.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:15 AM
6th Gear

Hi everyone!
not bad...
Undertaker, don't give up. My dealer tried this ploy on me as well. They invited me in to drive another TL-S to get a sense of what is "normal" for the vehicle. I told them that I didn't care whether my car was the only one making this noise or if every single '07 TL-S made sounds like this, the noise is UNACCEPTABLE. C'mon, guys. We paid nearly $40K for these cars. Tell me that when you drive down a bumpy road you feel like you're driving a brand-new $40K car. Mine sounds like a 10 yr old jalopy. One of the things that I loved so much about my previous Acuras was their rock-solid feel. This noise significantly degrades the perceived quality and value of our vehicles. We should not let Acura or any of their dealers talk us into just accepting it.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by george3761
Tell your case manager that there is not a fix yet as per my case manager.
These people need to talk.
Could you please tell me who is your case manager,so I can talk to my about it?My guy`s name is Brian Harrison.I know well they know each other,couse someone mentioned the name of case manager before and my guy knew him...
Thank you....
Old 07-02-2007, 04:32 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Could you please tell me who is your case manager,so I can talk to my about it?My guy`s name is Brian Harrison.I know well they know each other,couse someone mentioned the name of case manager before and my guy knew him...
Thank you....
Fred Silver is my guy. 800-382-2238 x 115067
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Instructor

Fred Silver is my guy. 800-382-2238 x 115067
Thank you very much!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Does anyone know if the A-Spec setup has the same struts??? or if A-specs are having this problem??
Old 07-03-2007, 05:44 PM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Update:

Called the dealer about the phone message I received from Parts saying "Your parts are available for pickup". Talked to the Service Manager. He said that those are THE parts for the official fix as directed by Acura Engineering. I've scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday. I'll let everyone know the outcome and part numbers used.

Anyone else receive the "official fix" yet, besides me?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Update:

Called the dealer about the phone message I received from Parts saying "Your parts are available for pickup". Talked to the Service Manager. He said that those are THE parts for the official fix as directed by Acura Engineering. I've scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday. I'll let everyone know the outcome and part numbers used.

Keep us posted. As i posted earlier my advisor says no fix until end of July.
Good luck. If this does fix it please post your service managers name and #.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Car is being fixed

Update:

My car was dropped off at the dealer on Tuesday, for the suspension fix. It appears that the official TSB is yet to come out, but the parts are coming available. I do not have the replacement part numbers - car will get picked up on Monday, and I will post them at that time.

Hope this is a real long term fix......Viraf
Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Originally Posted by virafp
My car was dropped off at the dealer on Tuesday, for the suspension fix. It appears that the official TSB is yet to come out, but the parts are coming available. I do not have the replacement part numbers - car will get picked up on Monday, and I will post them at that time.

Hope this is a real long term fix......Viraf
Boy i can't wait until Monday. Hope this does it!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Advanced

I know this is a Type-S post, but anyone know if the TL (not type-s) is included in this?

I recently bought a 07 new AcuraTL and i noticed that when i do about 20mi+ and i hit small road bumps, there's a rattling noise as if a thin piece of metal or plastic is vibrating underneath the car; seems to be from the rear end somewhere. Is this normal?

When the windows are up I hear nothing, but when the windows are down i could hear it more easily. I know it couldn't be the muffler piece because that would make a louder noise with a little more base, this is more like a rattling sound comming either from plastic beating on a metal piece or perhaps a thin metal piece of some sort beating against something.

Am I on the wrong track here, or is my problem totally different?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:48 AM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Boy i can't wait until Monday. Hope this does it!
+1

I drop mine off, actually, Monday afternoon. I may postpone it until Wednesday now.

Virafp - Keep us posted!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Advanced

I really noticed it on my way to work this morning. I really hope they fix this. This is just not acceptable.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:45 PM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Okay, just spoke to the Parts Dept. and here's the part numbers that have come in:

90182-SDA-A00 (4)
90300-S84-A00 (4)
90002-S10-000 (2)
52610-SEP-A18 (2) Note that this one IS DIFFERENT than any other strut number I've seen so far. The old number was 52611-SEP-A15. George-if you remember, this one was useless. Hope the new ones above ARE the correct ones this time...

My car goes in today to have these parts installed.

BTW, I think these numbers are okay (numbers, letters, and dashes). Its sometimes hard to understand them on the phone.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:59 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Okay, just spoke to the Parts Dept. and here's the part numbers that have come in:

90182-SDA-A00 (4)
90300-S84-A00 (4)
90002-S10-000 (2)
52610-SEP-A18 (2) Note that this one IS DIFFERENT than any other strut number I've seen so far. The old number was 52611-SEP-A15. George-if you remember, this one was useless. Hope the new ones above ARE the correct ones this time...

BTW, I think these numbers are okay (numbers, letters, and dashes). Its sometimes hard to understand them on the phone.
Good luck and yes the old struts ended in A15.
Let us know!!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Instructor

Car is back.....looks like a Fix

Well, I just picked up my car and on first impressions, it looks like it is a fix. The car is a lot quieter, over rough road patches, and overall just seems tighter in the rear end. The incessant knocking from the rear appears to have disappeared. However, I want to wait a few hundred miles before making a complete judgement.

I spoke with the Tech, and he said the entire unit was replaced on both sides-perches, shocks etc. Visually, there was not much difference.

Part Number: 52610-SEP-A07 This is the part number for the rears.

Lets hope it stays and the rattle does not re-appear. So far so good, on my drive home.

Viraf

90182-SDA-A00 (4)
90300-S84-A00 (4)
90002-S10-000 (2)

Old 07-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by virafp
Well, I just picked up my car and on first impressions, it looks like it is a fix. The car is a lot quieter, over rough road patches, and overall just seems tighter in the rear end. The incessant knocking from the rear appears to have disappeared. However, I want to wait a few hundred miles before making a complete judgement.

I spoke with the Tech, and he said the entire unit was replaced on both sides-perches, shocks etc. Visually, there was not much difference.

Part Number: 52610-SEP-A07 This is the part number for the rears.

Lets hope it stays and the rattle does not re-appear. So far so good, on my drive home.

Viraf
Can You tell if that is the only part they changed in your car because according to
<<se7en>> there are different part numbers...I`m confused....
Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Instructor

Parts

The way it was explained to me by the Tech who worked on the car was that the strut assembly was replaced. This is the part number on my receipt, but maybe it included the spring perches, bushings etc.

After driving it 8 miles it appears to be fixed.....Viraf

Can You tell if that is the only part they changed in your car because according to
<<se7en>> there are different part numbers...I`m confused....
Old 07-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Instructor

Test Drive

OK, so I just took the car for a spin on Palos Verdes Drive South, probably the worst road in the South Bay - this road is in a landslide area, and the road continually moves, and that is what makes it rough. It is undulating and has rather severe drop offs in places.

I Drove the rough patches around 45 MPH, with no noise at all. The car is so much quieter, it feels like a totally different car.

Good news guys, I think this is for real - I hope it stays this way, but for now it rocks! Get your cars done - the difference is quite phenomenal.

Good Luck

Viraf
Old 07-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Advanced

I wonder if these parts will make it into the 2008 TLS or if Acura will continue to use the old parts on the 2008 production cars and only use the corrective parts on those who complain under warranty.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:00 AM
2007 TL-S &amp; CBR600RR

Can You tell if that is the only part they changed in your car because according to <<se7en>> there are different part numbers...I`m confused....
Me too...

I'll hopefully pick mine up this afternoon. I'll post tomorrow and let ya know. I would have felt better about this if our part numbers matched
Old 07-10-2007, 06:39 AM
2012 TL SH-AWD Advance

Hmmm this is interesting... When I go to the Honda eStore and try to search those part numbers for the shock... they don't come up... so then I navigated to the actual diagram of the shock... the part numbers are also missing from there. I'm interested to see what happens. Hopefully these new parts fix the problem.

Quick Reply: 2007 Type S - Noisy Rear Suspension