CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:33 PM

Received 9,528 Likes on 6,183 Posts
Originally Posted by NCTL05
You mean you didn't get the lifetime alignment?? I knew the instant I started messing with my suspension that I would need more than one alignment. If you're going to Firestone spring for the lifetime alignment. I can't imagine paying $130 for every alignment.
Wtf lifetime alignment? I need to look into that. I feel like I'm getting an alignment every month or so because I'm always taking off my wheels. Bleh.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I initially went for the 6 month alignment...then got wise and paid for the 3 year one. I wouldn't get lifetime cause it's lifetime on the car and I don't keep cars more than 3 to 5 years at most. Probably the same concept though.
About the specs...I'd be more concerned with them being the same left and right, or close. Our car comes from the factory with almost zero up front, and -1.0 in the rear. But, as people have said before, your TOE is the tire killer...as long at that's ok...you're ok.
Hm I should look into getting one for a year or two. How often can you get an alignment/is there a limit?

See I thought the front tires would be exactly the same but they're not. Maybe it's because my fat ass makes the left side sag

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
When you put it that way, I will stop. I dont want Tylers thread to go OT.

After all, thats what my build thread is for :gheylaugh
Yea Morgan, this is a REAL build thread, unlike yours.

Just kidding

Originally Posted by mmade22
Not sure if the wife will be coming with me to the meet. I wouldn't worry about the camber kit in the front as the most wear is from the rear. Getting the toe and camber in the rear in check is key....Rotate the tires every 5000 miles and sometimes more if you are doing a lot of city driving.

Firestone has the lifetime alignment and a brand new Firestone was built near my house with the new Hunter alignment machine. Eric loved it when I told him because the lift is level with the ground so no issues hitting the nose on the lift. He use to have to take his versus bumper off before so it could clear the lift.

Lifetime alignment is like a 150 bucks and you're done! No brainer for me as I have had mine done every 25000 miles. They lost on that deal! See ya in August Son!
Hm I never thought about getting the tires rotated that often. Usually I get them done every 7500 miles or so. I'm just about always driving city so I should look into that.

Sounds like I've been getting screwed by not asking about a lifetime alignment plan thing. I really need to look into that. It sounds like Firestone is the only place that does that. True?

Originally Posted by killersrt
Don't know how I hadn't seen this before, but car looks good Very clean. I always wanted a white a-spec, too
Thanks man! I've always wanted a AM TL with a 6-speed so lets trade
Old 08-06-2010, 03:42 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Hey CL I got mine in....

and I did some trunk lighting as well...

Old 08-06-2010, 03:52 PM

Damn they look great man! I'm glad you went ahead and got them.

So those boards fit the trunk light as well? I wasn't sure if the board would be too big so I only ordered 4. Looks like I need to order one more
Old 08-06-2010, 04:38 PM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Damn they look great man! I'm glad you went ahead and got them.

So those boards fit the trunk light as well? I wasn't sure if the board would be too big so I only ordered 4. Looks like I need to order one more
Actually I found that one at autozone, it's only 12 leds and it's stuck to the outside of the lens but the ones we both have in the domes will work there too. you'll just have to mount on the outside of the lens and route the wiring through the top somehow which is simple.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the OP, car looks great man! I just picked up a wdp a little over a week ago and can't wait to start modding. good work man looks really good!!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Actually I found that one at autozone, it's only 12 leds and it's stuck to the outside of the lens but the ones we both have in the domes will work there too. you'll just have to mount on the outside of the lens and route the wiring through the top somehow which is simple.
I'll have to look into that man! Thank you

Originally Posted by njfinest05
To the OP, car looks great man! I just picked up a wdp a little over a week ago and can't wait to start modding. good work man looks really good!!
Thank you sir! I greatly appreciate the comment

Speaking from experience, if you are focusing on more aesthetic mods first, go with the A-Spec kit right off the bat. It truly changes the whole look of the TL. Also don't forget about doing stuff to the interior. When driving the car, I can't see everything I've done, so I feel somewhat unaccomplished. New floor mats or LED dome lights are always a good move.

Congrats on the TL and good luck modding
Old 08-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Damn I love this car.

Add them rolling shots I took or not

Tyler!!! Lets be ATLP brothers.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts
Sick build man
Old 08-15-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
Damn I love this car.

Add them rolling shots I took or not

Tyler!!! Lets be ATLP brothers.
Thanks Aaron! I'll have an update hopefully within the next week or so. I'll scrounge around and find those pictures you took.

I wish I could afford to have some ATLP in my life. Buy me some?

Originally Posted by Nersh7
Sick build man
Thank you sir
Old 08-15-2010, 11:58 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Your car sucks Tyler
Old 08-16-2010, 04:07 AM
Intermediate

May I ask , with those TEIN s springs on your car, how is your performance of the ride? is it bumpy? Are you running on stock shocks/struts ?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by AMUA6
Your car sucks Tyler
You can talk shit about my car once you get the A-Spec kit. Until then hush

Originally Posted by iNspireTL
May I ask , with those TEIN s springs on your car, how is your performance of the ride? is it bumpy? Are you running on stock shocks/struts ?
The ride isn't bumpy at all. When going over a large bump or dip in the road, I feel like the suspension gives more up and down than stock. I'm happy with the overall ride of them since they are just springs, but I'll be getting coilovers eventually.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:13 PM

I had a chance to give the TL a wash today since rain isn't in the forecast at all next week:

What's missing from the front of my car?...

Yep those black vinyl letter inserts. Decided to change it up a bit since they were almost two years old and were starting to peel up on the edges.

I got an Alpine grill for my sub since I couldn't get my hands on just the rubber seal that covers the screws. Shit was $35 but it's made out of super thick steel so nothing can dent it. It's great for when I put my bowling equipment in the trunk. Now it can roll around without me having to worry about it damaging the sub:

You know why I keep saying I need to get my wheels powdercoated? It's because all of my wheels look like this:

It's not curb rash but rather the paint flaking off of the wheel. Every time I wash the car, more paint decides to come off. It drives me crazy.

My front lip had its first encounter with a curb last week. I was pulling into a parking space and rubbed it against the curb:

Long story short one of my vinyl letters on the front bumper fell off and I decided to use Gorilla Glue to put it back on (this is before I took all of the letters off). It worked great but all of the glue decided to dry around the letter resulting in this:

Any ideas on how to remove the glue? It looks like shit. Yes I am a dumbass.

Should I leave the smoked plate cover on or should I take it off?...

As you can see my engine cover is gloss black but I think I want to have the plastic shrouding colormatched WDP. I was thinking because my intake is red, it might be cool to have the center engine cover painted red so it looks like the "heart" of the car. Meh. Just an idea...

Once again I'm asking for yalls opinions; whenever I get my A-Specs back from being powdercoated and such, what mm spacers should I get? 10mm or 15mm? I don't want to be crazy flush but I don't like the sunk look either.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
I like the tinted plate cover. It makes it blend in with the license plate panel.

The painted covers would look pretty sick. Just make sure its done right so it doesnt chip easily.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:19 PM
The Box

Received 80 Likes on 59 Posts
I need to get some a-spec wheels...
Old 08-29-2010, 10:54 PM

Sorry for the delayed response fellas!

I like the tinted plate cover. It makes it blend in with the license plate panel.

The painted covers would look pretty sick. Just make sure its done right so it doesnt chip easily.
See that's why I like the plate cover, it flows nicely. The shrouding will get painted eventually. I'm in no rush for that. The wheels need to be powdercoated first

Did you ever buy those stockies?

Originally Posted by vas25tl
I need to get some a-spec wheels...
Yes you do! I found mine on Craigslist for $500.

Money has been burning a hole in my pocket so I contacted our new vendor, UniqueStyleRacing, and ordered some new sidemarkers! They are DEPO but instead of having amber and red LEDs, they are all white! Check em out:

I think they are going to look great with my white/black theme. They should be on the car by early next week if all goes as planned. I'll update my thread then and I'll also be making a new thread with pictures of the sidemarkers so people know what to expect from this new vendor. So far the guys there have been very helpful and courteous!

After those get installed I'm SERIOUSLY going to look into getting my wheels powdercoated. Maybe I can have them done during my Fall Break in October
Old 08-29-2010, 11:35 PM

I wish the CLs had all the cool shit the TLs have

And no I havent picked up those wheels. I have two sets I need to offload before I bring in another. Between the bikes and the car parts I dont have much room in my garage.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Racer

Cant wait to see the pics of the white LEDs!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:47 PM

I wish the CLs had all the cool shit the TLs have

And no I havent picked up those wheels. I have two sets I need to offload before I bring in another. Between the bikes and the car parts I dont have much room in my garage.
Sorry Morgan!

I wish I didn't see as many TLs around town. There are everywhere

No biggie on the wheels. I'll ask Aaron if I can borrow his once he gets the Advans on

Originally Posted by Type One
Cant wait to see the pics of the white LEDs!
Thanks man! Me either!

The vendor has asked me to start a thread in the Photograph Gallery to show them off and promote them. Once I receive them and install them, I'll update this thread and create the other one
Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 PM

I got the new sidemarkers from vendor UniqueStyleRacing in the mail today so you know I HAD to install them! Well I went to Bojangles for dinner first and then I installed them. I do have priorities fellas

Here are some pics!...

What do yall think? Don't be afraid to say that you don't like them. You don't have to make my car payment

And yall know how I do it...

TL Mod List as of 9/2/10
-Full A-Spec Kit
-18 x 8.5 Gunmetal A-Spec Wheels
-TL Type-S Gunmetal Centercaps
-245/40/18 Kuhmo Ecsta Platinum Tires
-TEIN S-Tech Springs
-Ingalls Rear Camber Kit
-K&N CAI
-Blacked-out Headlights with 48-led Switchbacks
-Kaixen 6000k HID Bulbs
-Blacked-out 07-08 Base Tails
-Smoked Tail Lights
-All White LED DEPO Sidemarkers
-Uncald4 Fiberglass Subwoofer Box
-12” Alpine Type-R 4-ohm
-Rockford Fosgate 550.2
-GROM Audio iPod Adapter with 8GB iPod Nano
-Flat Black Grill with Gloss Black Emblem
-Gloss Black Rear Emblem
-Black Painted Calipers and Rotor Hubs
-Black Front Bumper Letter Inserts
-15 LED Board Interior Dome Lights
-License Plate LEDs
-PIAA Xtreme White Reverse Bulbs
-Cupholder Woodgrain
-Wood Shift Knob
-35% Tint
-Wheel Locks
-Trunk Tray
-UA6FTMFW License Plate
-Black OEM All-Weather Floormats

Future Plans (<1 year)
-Powdercoat Gunmetal A-Spec Wheels
-Delete Mid-Muffler
-Lip Spoiler
-Metal Pedals (still in progress)

Future Plans (1 year +)
-Navi Swap
-ATLP Base Exhaust
-ATLP J-Pipe
-Throttle Body Spacer
-Coilovers
-Black Roof
-Slotted Rotors
Old 09-02-2010, 08:41 PM
under renovations....

I think you should leave the red sides in instead of the white in the rear. Since it'll flow off of the tails.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 PM

I think you should leave the red sides in instead of the white in the rear. Since it'll flow off of the tails.
That's what my girlfriend and I were just discussing a few seconds ago. I think I'll rock the white ones for a bit and like you said, throw the red ones in the rear. That way the lights on the front half of the car are white and the lights on the rear half of the car are red.

Thank you for your input
Old 09-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Wow-light'em up buddy!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 PM

When theyre on I def see what youre saying. But when theyre off, arent the stock rear markers red? Youre tails dont have any red in them when theyre off. So Id just pop a red bulb into them and keep the clear lense.

And Aaron is getting Advans??? WTF?? I gotta step my game up.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:42 PM
2004 SSM FTMFW !!!!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Looks nice CL, hopefully you wont get pulled over for having the rear white markers. I know down here in H-town any color besides red are considered illegal.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 PM

When theyre on I def see what youre saying. But when theyre off, arent the stock rear markers red? Youre tails dont have any red in them when theyre off. So Id just pop a red bulb into them and keep the clear lense.

And Aaron is getting Advans??? WTF?? I gotta step my game up.
Just noticed that the rear side markers are LED. Hmmmmmmmm......
Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Wow-light'em up buddy!
Yes sir! Thank you!

Originally Posted by Dat Boi Ralph
Looks nice CL, hopefully you wont get pulled over for having the rear white markers. I know down here in H-town any color besides red are considered illegal.
Thank you sir

If I get pulled, I have no problem with swapping the red ones back in. I'll probably end up doing it anyway but I'm going to rock the white for a bit.

Just noticed that the rear side markers are LED. Hmmmmmmmm......
All 4 of the sidemarkers are LEDs. The rear ones, like the front, have a black housing with the clear cover over the LEDs. My old ones were the same and they had amber LEDs up front while the ones in the back were red. These are the exact same thing just with all white LEDs.

And yes Aaron has Advans! He's hoping to have them mounted soon. Check the thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/acura%3D-advance-789042/
Old 09-03-2010, 12:44 AM

Thanks for posting that link. Now I need to change my britches.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:41 AM
From a 2G to a 3G!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey CL, I'm going to be extremely blunt, at first when you first got your car I wasn't digging it at all but you've come along way and it looks great! two thumbs up on your progress and mod list!

When you do the mid muffler delete are you going to change the resonator to the dynomax one?! I have been meaning to do this mod!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:57 PM

Thanks for posting that link. Now I need to change my britches.

I'm surprised you are just now finding out about what he's been up to. Those wheels are fawking sexy. I hope they are on the car in time for yalls meet on the 12th.

Originally Posted by -MiG-
Hey CL, I'm going to be extremely blunt, at first when you first got your car I wasn't digging it at all but you've come along way and it looks great! two thumbs up on your progress and mod list!

When you do the mid muffler delete are you going to change the resonator to the dynomax one?! I have been meaning to do this mod!
Thanks for being honest! I look back at what my car used to be and I say to my self "wtf was I thinking?". It took me a while to get the car looking right but I'm extremely happy with how it looks now.

When I get around to it, yes I'll be swapping the resonator out for the Dynomax one. I didn't think about doing it but multiple members have told me to do it. At less that $50, I think it will be well worth it!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Holy batman they look bright! But your car is coming along nicely!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cubanlynx84
i think you should leave the red sides in instead of the white in the rear. Since it'll flow off of the tails.

+1
Old 09-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
Agreed, and add some spacers for your rear wheels. Lookin' good dude!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by 03tlCHARCOL
Holy batman they look bright! But your car is coming along nicely!

They are very bright. Thank you for the comment

Originally Posted by Sandals
+1
Alex

I'll be swapping the rear ones out sometime but I'm not sure when.

Originally Posted by skd2k1
Agreed, and add some spacers for your rear wheels. Lookin' good dude!
Thank you sir!

Like I've previously said, I'll be putting the rear red sidemarkers in eventually. I agree 100% with you guys that they will flow off of the tails.

Ideally I would like some 10mm or 15mm spacers all around on my car but I can't justify that purchase as of right now. I need to get my wheels refinished and then I'll be considering the spacers
Old 09-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Cruisin'

It's nice...............
Old 09-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Advanced

nice car looking good keep it up
Old 09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Je t'aime...

I don't know if you fixed the glue yet, but I'm gonna suggest nail polish. Like people say nail polish removes everything! Lol. I'm not sure if you tried it or not, and I'm not sure if it works. Won't hurt to try.

Also, for the lights. I'm loving it, but someone in the comments brought up the flowing thing with the taillights. I would have to agree that it doesn't really flow, but it does still look good.

On another note... I'm loving what you are doing to your TL though. Clean.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by ladydrama
It's nice...............
Originally Posted by Msouza91
nice car looking good keep it up
Thank you both and welcome to Acurazine

Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
I don't know if you fixed the glue yet, but I'm gonna suggest nail polish. Like people say nail polish removes everything! Lol. I'm not sure if you tried it or not, and I'm not sure if it works. Won't hurt to try.

Also, for the lights. I'm loving it, but someone in the comments brought up the flowing thing with the taillights. I would have to agree that it doesn't really flow, but it does still look good.

On another note... I'm loving what you are doing to your TL though. Clean.
Thanks for the response! I've tried nail polish remover but it didn't do shit. I'm tempted to put a eyeglass dropper full of paint thinner on a rag and wipe over the glue but I don't want it to fuck up my paint. It's so frustrating

While I do love the clean look of white LEDs, I'm going to agree with everyone else's comments and also yours about how the rear ones don't flow. I'm going to rock these for a bit and then swap the red ones in the rear. I'll post pictures when I do that.

Thanks for the props! I'm really happy with how far it's come in such a short amount of time. I must say I'm a jealous of what you get to drive! I'm a huge fan of the 2G TSX and having a M3 on the weekends must be a blast!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
The Box

Received 80 Likes on 59 Posts
I have a feeling you and I will be rolling in a similar fashion soon
Old 09-14-2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by vas25tl
I have a feeling you and I will be rolling in a similar fashion soon
Nothing wrong with that

A-Spec wheels?

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!