CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Finally installed the brake and gas pedals. I've had only the dead pedal installed since I got the car two years ago...

Scale of 1-10, how hard was it to install these? I've looked at them before but eventually was freaked out by the thought of messing with my gas pedal. Toyota kept coming to mind...just kidding. But really, seems complex. They look boss though.

Edit: woot post 2K.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,015 Likes on 14,518 Posts
Dang, my old roommate broke mine once too...easy enough to swap out, the other end of the cable is more of a PITA than the part that broke.

Lookin good, man...always a great car to come back and check out....
You don't have an I-simple do you?!?! You have that other one, the one I got my GF that doesn't display song name/artist...right? That's why it says CDC?! I actually disconnected my ipod recently...sometimes too much music on it makes me not want to search thru...that and with the I-simple connected, when I switch to XM the entire radio actually ignores me (like turn on/off volume)...and since they offered me XM at $20 for 5 months...figured I'd give it a whirl....

Have a happy holiday!

J.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
dude im jealous your build is looking so sick and im loving the pedals
Old 12-22-2010, 12:37 AM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
^^ They are easy cj. What's next Tyler?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:39 AM
ScoobyZINE

What's good on my wheels? Did you get those sample colors in yet?
I have the powder in, now if I can get off the couch.. find a piece of scrap metal to do a sample in, and mail it to you hopefully over the break (I know you've been hearing that forever :gheylaugh
Old 12-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
LOL nice custom mod
Old 12-22-2010, 05:29 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
Effing $7 for shipping? Seriously? Maybe I'll call the local stealership and see what they can do.

Thanks for the part number and link Morgan
Yea thats why I get all my stuff locally.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:17 AM
OCD

Received 127 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by cjTL
Scale of 1-10, how hard was it to install these? I've looked at them before but eventually was freaked out by the thought of messing with my gas pedal. Toyota kept coming to mind...just kidding. But really, seems complex. They look boss though.

Not bad just need a drill and some sharp I repeat sharp! Bits the metal is very hard it will dull a bitter pretty quickly.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 9,528 Likes on 6,183 Posts
^Yeah AcuraOEMparts aka Delray Acura gets you on the shipping cost. That's how they have "such low prices" on the things they sell.
Bastards.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Tyler-nice new pics. Happy 21st!
Thank you Steven! I'm glad the weather held out for long enough so I could get some decent pictures.

Happy 21st? My birthday is in March

Originally Posted by Roger555
tyler go buy that part and ill even put it on for you tomorrow lol
I'm going to take you up on that offer Roger. I just got back from getting the part from shitty fuck Leith Acura.

Congrats on 2k!

Installing those pedals was the biggest pain in my ass ever. I got the set off of fleaBay when I got the car and that was probably the biggest mistake. The screws weren't long enough to get through the pedals AND the stupid screws were hex-key cut at the top so I couldn't just use a regular screwdriver to tighten. Since the supplied screws weren't long enough, I had to go through my parts bin in my garage to find something similar. I found some that were similar but a bit thicker, therefore I had to bore out the holes in the new pedals and the stock ones for the screws to fit though. Total pain in the ass and honestly they weren't really worth it.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Dang, my old roommate broke mine once too...easy enough to swap out, the other end of the cable is more of a PITA than the part that broke.

Lookin good, man...always a great car to come back and check out....
You don't have an I-simple do you?!?! You have that other one, the one I got my GF that doesn't display song name/artist...right? That's why it says CDC?! I actually disconnected my ipod recently...sometimes too much music on it makes me not want to search thru...that and with the I-simple connected, when I switch to XM the entire radio actually ignores me (like turn on/off volume)...and since they offered me XM at $20 for 5 months...figured I'd give it a whirl....

Have a happy holiday!

J.
I just got back from the dealership and got the cable. I took the door panel off to install it and there's a while plastic between the door panel and the metal and I'm not sure how to take it off. I think I'm just going to get Roger to help me with it

I do not have an i-Simple, I have a Grom Audio thingy. I don't know anything about it because my girlfriend got it for me along with the iPod for my birthday. I can control the volume and track through my steering wheel which I love but yes it says CDC on the screen. For music that I LOVE listening to, I burn CDs and keep them in the changer. When I'm in the mood to listen to whatever, I have my whole iTunes library on my iPod and I have it on Shuffle.

I like the Grom thing so far but my music pauses once I turn on my headlights. I can turn on my switchbacks just fine but as soon as the HIDs turn on, my music pauses.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday as well!

Originally Posted by v-takyo!!
dude im jealous your build is looking so sick and im loving the pedals
Thanks man! I've been enjoying looking through your thread, I love your CL. Congrats on getting that online feature!

Originally Posted by AMUA6
^^ They are easy cj. What's next Tyler?
Sheeeeeeetttttt. I don't know what pedals you got but these were a pain in my ass. I've never cussed so much while installing anything in my life.

I have the powder in, now if I can get off the couch.. find a piece of scrap metal to do a sample in, and mail it to you hopefully over the break (I know you've been hearing that forever :gheylaugh
Effing bastard

No biggie John. I'm buying a set of stockies next month during the Great Falls meet so I have something to roll around on when the A-Specs are getting refinished. Getting ready son!

Originally Posted by jwr0ng626
LOL nice custom mod
HELLAcustom son. That's how I do it. It's also making my girlfriend get out the car and open my door for me

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Yea thats why I get all my stuff locally.
I just got back from the local stealership. I paid list price but $8 is worth me being able to open my freakin door.

Originally Posted by Roger555
Not bad just need a drill and some sharp I repeat sharp! Bits the metal is very hard it will dull a bitter pretty quickly.
^Agreed. I killed a drill bit by trying to get through those stock pedals.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Im really liking those pedals. The more I look at them the more I want to buy them....
Old 12-22-2010, 02:01 PM

Im really liking those pedals. The more I look at them the more I want to buy them....
Thanks Morgan. I don't think I like the silver, they stand out too much. Whenever I get my A-Specs powdercoated I may get these done the same color
Old 12-22-2010, 02:15 PM
I Like turtles

Received 300 Likes on 238 Posts
You've gotta get ahead of the game Craig!

Nah I did it on my side so the girl has to get out of the car and open my door for me

No problem Frank, I got you man.

It's a pain in the ass. I took the door panel off hoping the wire just got disconnected but it's broken into two separate pieces. It's going to be like that for a while.

Picture Time

Well there's no rain or wintry mix in the forecast for the next week so I decided to clean the car up and take some pictures. Let me know what you think!

hey tyler, wintry mix is back in the forecast for sat/sun again, haha. BTW: do you have your ipod tied into the cars audio system? if so, how? I always am streaming pandora on my iphone and i would love to play the music on the car speakers while driving. Radio stations suck around here.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by GeeteeDan
hey tyler, wintry mix is back in the forecast for sat/sun again, haha. BTW: do you have your ipod tied into the cars audio system? if so, how? I always am streaming pandora on my iphone and i would love to play the music on the car speakers while driving. Radio stations suck around here.
Effing winter

I have the iPod wired to my factory head unit. I hit "Disc" twice and it connects my iPod. I have a Grom Audio hookup. I don't know exactly what model and such because my girlfriend bought it for me. Personally I would look at other brands over this one.

Thanks to Roger 555 my door handle works again!

Here's what the end of the cable is supposed to look like:

And here's what mine looked like:

Yep the twisted up metal totally separated from the metal hook. It was $8 or so at the local stealership. It's so nice being able to open my door again
Old 12-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Yeouch, how did you do that?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Sorry, I found this kinda funny considering you're the Di-Noc master and have no problem taking apart your dash.

Happy 2K too
Old 12-22-2010, 11:30 PM
I Like turtles

Effing winter

I have the iPod wired to my factory head unit. I hit "Disc" twice and it connects my iPod. I have a Grom Audio hookup. I don't know exactly what model and such because my girlfriend bought it for me. Personally I would look at other brands over this one.
if i was to purchase one, would you be up to a paid install?

lol, i could make the drive
Old 12-23-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aman
Yeouch, how did you do that?
I have no idea. The guy at Acura said it's a "wear and tear item" that is commonly replaced. Crock of shit if you ask me. My mom's 14 year old car has YET to break one of these things.

if i was to purchase one, would you be up to a paid install?

lol, i could make the drive
If I was talented, yes

I had mine installed at Best Buy. My girlfriend paid for it so I couldn't turn it down.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got any suprise mods for christmas :þ
Old 12-23-2010, 12:38 PM
I Like turtles

I have no idea. The guy at Acura said it's a "wear and tear item" that is commonly replaced. Crock of shit if you ask me. My mom's 14 year old car has YET to break one of these things.

If I was talented, yes

I had mine installed at Best Buy. My girlfriend paid for it so I couldn't turn it down.
ah ok, i was wondering. i saw a thread where they had their ipod installed and had the cord running up thru the bottom of the center glove box and had the wire run up and thru the top/front of the arm rest thru a small slot that looks like the cord would fit thru. I looked on my 04 and there is no small slot to fit the wire thru when closed. Is the armrest different for other years?
Old 12-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yes. you can buy to top armest from acura if you are interested in doing that or just dremel out a part of it. in the 07 it has the slit.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I Like turtles

Originally Posted by Sandals
yes. you can buy to top armest from acura if you are interested in doing that or just dremel out a part of it. in the 07 it has the slit.
Alright, the 07 just swap right out with mine? I know my wifes 06 TSX has that slot then saw the picture on here with the tl and got excited.

Tyler, just headed over to best buy and the isimple kit with installation is only $154 so it looks like I'll go that route as soon as I swap out the armrest.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
Alright, the 07 just swap right out with mine? I know my wifes 06 TSX has that slot then saw the picture on here with the tl and got excited.

Tyler, just headed over to best buy and the isimple kit with installation is only $154 so it looks like I'll go that route as soon as I swap out the armrest.

Thanks
sorry to jack your thread tyler.

Dan: why not just leave the ipod all the way down the arm rest. When i installed we lifted up the armrest console and ran the ipod wire up. Just dremel a corner to pull the wire-up. My explanation is bad. Ill post pics if u want to know what im talking about. I have the Isimple kit from best buy
Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 PM
I Like turtles

Originally Posted by Twisdit

Dan: why not just leave the ipod all the way down the arm rest. When i installed we lifted up the armrest console and ran the ipod wire up. Just dremel a corner to pull the wire-up. My explanation is bad. Ill post pics if u want to know what im talking about. I have the Isimple kit from best buy
yea, post a pic if you can. Im just really big about a clean looking install and now that i found out about the 07's having that small slot to run the wire thur i will most likely go that route. I'd like to run the cord out the front and be able to set my phone on the cover over the drink holders and plug into it there.

Might look on ebay for that coin tray as the local stealership wants $54 for it
Old 12-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
thanks haha i was stoked when i saw it lol
Old 12-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 114 Posts
Clean WDP brotha! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 AM

Got any suprise mods for christmas :þ
Hell no, I'm too broke

I'm getting a set of stock wheels on the way home from the upcoming Great Falls meet and that's about it. I was stupid and sold my stockies when I got my A-Specs last year. Now that I want my A-Specs powdercoated, I need something to roll around on while they are being done.

ah ok, i was wondering. i saw a thread where they had their ipod installed and had the cord running up thru the bottom of the center glove box and had the wire run up and thru the top/front of the arm rest thru a small slot that looks like the cord would fit thru. I looked on my 04 and there is no small slot to fit the wire thru when closed. Is the armrest different for other years?

Thanks
Originally Posted by Twisdit

yea, post a pic if you can. Im just really big about a clean looking install and now that i found out about the 07's having that small slot to run the wire thur i will most likely go that route. I'd like to run the cord out the front and be able to set my phone on the cover over the drink holders and plug into it there.

Might look on ebay for that coin tray as the local stealership wants $54 for it
Dan it looks like everyone helped answer your question except for me Sorry about that!

I tend to have a ton of shit in my center console so that's why I opted to wire the iPod to the compartment directly under the radio. That way the cord doesn't get wrapped up with other stuff and the iPod doesn't get damaged by being hit against other things.

Originally Posted by v-takyo!!
thanks haha i was stoked when i saw it lol
I bet! My car isn't worthy of featured Hopefully one day!

Originally Posted by ArthurL
Clean WDP brotha! Keep up the good work!
Thank you sir, I really appreciate that!

I've had these exhaust clips for about two weeks now and I finally put them all together last night. Nothing amazing but I like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Q7aJCEXf0

I recorded the clips with my 5G iPod Nano and I made the video using iMovie on my Mac. If you have a Mac and don't have Snow Leopard with iLife '11, you need to hop on that shit. The changes in iPhoto and iMovie are worth the upgrade. (yes I'm an Apple whore)

I hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe New Years
Old 12-31-2010, 10:51 AM

Btw the exhaust sounds totally different in person, much throatier and such. The iPod didn't do an amazing job of getting that effect.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:56 AM

What a ricer

J/k. It sounds great. I wish the ATLP was available for the CL.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:03 AM
ScoobyZINE

That's some ghetto ass exhaust

Happy New Year, sweetie pie
Old 12-31-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Dammit that has to be the best music ever. I probably would cancel my XM if I had ATLP...awesome. Does your GF like it?

I recorded the clips with my 5G iPod Nano and I made the video using iMovie on my Mac. If you have a Mac and don't have Snow Leopard with iLife '11, you need to hop on that shit. The changes in iPhoto and iMovie are worth the upgrade. (yes I'm an Apple whore)
Bahhhh. I need to upgrade to that.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Aired Out TLS

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
You get the seal of approval

Old 01-01-2011, 06:28 PM

What a ricer

J/k. It sounds great. I wish the ATLP was available for the CL.
Thanks Morgan! Have you ever thought about getting the 2G TL ATLP exhaust and seeing if there's some way to put it on the CL?

That's some ghetto ass exhaust

Happy New Year, sweetie pie
Yea you're right John, the exhaust on the B2200 sounds way better

Dammit that has to be the best music ever. I probably would cancel my XM if I had ATLP...awesome. Does your GF like it?

Bahhhh. I need to upgrade to that.
I find myself turning off the radio quite often just to listen to the exhaust. It's intoxicating. My girlfriend actually loves it and fully supported the purchase.

Santa brought me Snow Leopard for Christmas and I bought iLife 11. It's well worth the upgrade. Do it.

Originally Posted by Beat-Freak...
You get the seal of approval
Thanks Bee. I hope you had an enjoyable New Years
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Thanks Morgan! Have you ever thought about getting the 2G TL ATLP exhaust and seeing if there's some way to put it on the CL?
It is possible but I cant find it in me to cut up such a beautiful exhaust.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
tyler why in the phuck didnt you tell me crabtree haz a north face store?!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:58 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Have you considered doing fogs/turn signal mirrors?

I kinda like the look you have now without the fogs, the black upper and lower grilles you have go great together. But it's something to think about.

And FTR, your girlfriend's a keeper. Someone being so supportive of this kind of hobby is a one-in-a-million find Congrats
Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
sounds really good....i like it!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM
173rd Airborne!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
man that ATLP is sounding good, makes me miss having an exhaust on my car. Now all i hear is wind noice and rattles lol
Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM

It is possible but I cant find it in me to cut up such a beautiful exhaust.
Man up

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
tyler why in the phuck didnt you tell me crabtree haz a north face store?!

I forgot they added that! I haven't been yet and don't plan on it. I already have 3 North Face jackets and Mitzi has 3 plus one I got her for Christmas. I've heard it's a pretty cool store.

And why the phuck were you at Crabtree and not hit me up? My house is 20 minutes away max.

Originally Posted by Aman
Have you considered doing fogs/turn signal mirrors?

I kinda like the look you have now without the fogs, the black upper and lower grilles you have go great together. But it's something to think about.

And FTR, your girlfriend's a keeper. Someone being so supportive of this kind of hobby is a one-in-a-million find Congrats
I bought the Accord fogs to install when I bought the car but never got around to installing them so they were sold. The 07-08 mirrors are hot and I've thought about getting them, but meh. I sort of like how my car is a true 04-06 TL minus the Base tails. I think it would bug me if I had the fogs and mirrors with a 04-06 front bumper and such. A 07-08 front bumper swap would be ideal but that's way too expensive. I would rather put that money towards coilovers, new wheels, etc.

Thank you sir! My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years and 2 months tomorrow! She's attended all of my Acurazine meets with me and is very supportive of the modding process. Of course she wouldn't blow money on a car but then again I wouldn't blow money on Coach purses and UGG Boots, that's why we get along so well. I buy things that make me happy and she does the same!

Originally Posted by 07tl-s6spd
sounds really good....i like it!
Thank you

Originally Posted by ACE32TL
man that ATLP is sounding good, makes me miss having an exhaust on my car. Now all i hear is wind noice and rattles lol
Haha I bet Al! Those rattles drive me crazy.

Happy New Year to you sir! Are you over in Germany yet?
Old 01-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
what color do u plan on powder coating?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:18 PM

Man up
New development - I may be going 3"

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!