Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Car looks clean! Cute house too! lol
Old 02-24-2011, 10:28 PM

Received 9,528 Likes on 6,183 Posts
Originally Posted by myron
+1 on dodging the ass rape. But lack of money is raping me on the outside. I mod a little at a time. Also got rims on the way
Yea man I can't imagine how much lawyer/court costs were. Crazy.

Ooooooo wheels on the way huh? Whatcha get?

Originally Posted by Sandals
Why would you want to move out? I like living at home, got my own bathroom, garage parking, and 2 computer chairs.
Amen brother. I'm not saying I want to move out right now, but I would like to start saving so in a few years I can have a place of my own.

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
Amen. Haha. Sounds just like me! Computer chairs and all, too funny.

Tyler your car is still on point. Its just a battle wound. Its all good meng!
Living/eating for free ftw. I'll be at home for a few more years. I need to finish school and get a real job first.

Aaron this shit happens but DAMN it sucks. I feel like everyone on the road looks at my car is like, "damn, he can't drive"

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Actually nope I didn't even know about that site but I would ask them first just to make sure. At first they may say they can do but it's putting the pearl in is the problem. If you do get it made from them lemme know.
I'll give them a call within the next few days and see what they have to say. I'll keep you updated!

Originally Posted by rockstar143
If it doesn't have the pearl in it, what color are they making? WD? lol...
Although difficult to find, I got super lucky when they changed the labeling of the duplicolor paint cans I went to pep boys and found NBP in a rattle can!

BUT paintscratch.com should work. Another option (especially if you're in Miami) is to go to an actual auto paint place that mixes colors. You go there with your gascap and they can MAKE you paint and I am almost positive they can put it into a spray can.

Also, I heard some white honda paints have a single stage and not a base/clear.

Anyway, about owning a home...it's overrated fellas. It really is...I mean, yeah if I were buying NOW, it'd be great. But since I bought when I was 24...I made money, I paid off an ex and then lost money and now sit upside down (note to self, NEVER put a girls' name on title of home unless married) in a major way and have had to resort to drastic measures to try and have a fresh start.
WD, lulz. I would like to go to a local body shop but places around here aren't "modified car friendly" and probably would charge me an arm and a leg for a little spray can. I'm considering just taking it to a body shop so they can fix the lip and bumper at the same time but that's hella money.

Ouch, crazy situation you were in with the house. I'm ready to be on my own and not "rely on mommy and daddy" anymore. I pay for quite a bit, they don't help with everything, but I'm ready for a place of my own. Blah.

Maybe he's got bigger goals in life haha

Originally Posted by stvtec
Yeah after owning a few homes and going through a divorce, fuck it. It is a lot of work and always some kind of project to deal with sucking money out of you.
Yea it's a shit ton of responsibility. I'll probably end up renting for a year or two and then purchasing something. It's a big step.

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
there are ups n downs of having your own place tyler, as i'm sure you already know.

you get freedom to do what you want, you get to put your own key in your own door, throw parties, whatever.

however, you gotta pay rent/mortgage note every month, gas n electric, cable, groceries, insurance, and just basic living necessities all add up faster than you would think. plus if you own your own place, if something goes wrong...you have to fix it with your own money.

right now i'm renting (i hate it) it's like leasing a car...you pay some asshole every month for something you have to turn back in after a little while.

it's tough to do it all at once, car payment, modding, rent, going out, girlfriends, blah blah blah...

my advice? move out when you are financially able to. save a few grand, and then make the plunge. and don't settle on a place, move into the place that totally suits your needs. no compromises.

you planning on moving in with your girl? that is also a good n bad thing lol...good bc things are split in half, bad bc you NEVER know what is going to happen between the 2 of you. i've learned that lesson twice in the past lol

anyway, good luck with whatever you end up doing.

the grass always seems greener on the other side, but often times the lawn is harder to cut.
See I want to have people over at my house until whatever time I want and such. I'm an only child so living at home isn't THAT bad, but my parents are in bed no later than 10 so if people are over, we have to be quiet. Sorta wack.

Mitzi is moving in with a friend of hers in August and I'll still be living at home. I'm sure we will move in together eventually but that's not for a few more years.

Yes sir,
I would absolutely NOT be sad about renting a really nice small home with a 2 car garage right now...
WH breaks...call landlord
Roof leak...call landlord
stupid azz m effin termites...call landlord!
Good point. Hmmmmm.

Trust me I find it to be dumb too but this is what I was told. Back when I had my 90 teg I had the color torino red pearl and could not find that color in any can nor could it be made for a rattle can. Some colors can be made and some can't but if this place posted can make it then hey I'm in for some too.
I'll let you know sir! I'm sure they can do it for me.

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Tyler, check out paintscratch.com

They have WDP spray cans. Theyre expensive though. They dont mention anything about not having the pearl in them, but Id call them just to be sure.

You might be able to do it with regular touch up paint but youll need to really smooth it out after its dry.
$50 for an effing spray can of WDP, not including the price of clear coat

I've never attempted any body work on my own so either it's going to turn out well or be a total disaster.

Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
Loved the e parking deck shot real clever dude!
Thanks dude! You know I got teh camera skillz!

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Sorry to see that Tyler.
Thanks Steven! All part of car ownership!

Not to clutter up the thread with other things...but...when you have an interest only loan...you ARE renting the house anyway except I have to fix everything myself. Not fun...

Anyway, please post pics of your repair!
Note to self, pick another thread to mention moving out of parents house

I appreciate all of your insight sir! I'll be sure to keep everything in mind when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

I'm not sure when the lip will be getting fixed. I've been wanting to keep it to myself but the A-Specs are finally getting powdercoated sometime next week. The TL will be in the garage on jack stands for the week but it will be worth it! I'm waiting for my guy to get a few samples in the mail and then we are going to see which ones match the centercaps the most.

Originally Posted by Anakalia
Car looks clean! Cute house too! lol
Thanks! I still live at home so I don't really have any say on what the house looks like. The yellow is a bit bright for my tastes, but at least it doesn't blend in with the rest of the houses on the street.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,015 Likes on 14,518 Posts
Were they damaged?
Mine are have some curbage(not my doing...)...I normally have dremeled out the ridged areas and used an artists brush to paint on touch up paint and clear. Hides it pretty well. BUT, powdercoat is the way to go.

PS...think of all the things you can do while it's on jackstands...clean your wheel wells really well...paint calipers, change headlight bulbs, put in the turn signal mod (relays that blink your turn sidemarker with the turn signal...I can direct you to the thread)...
I always like to be effecient when the wheels are off!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 PM

Were they damaged?
Mine are have some curbage(not my doing...)...I normally have dremeled out the ridged areas and used an artists brush to paint on touch up paint and clear. Hides it pretty well. BUT, powdercoat is the way to go.

PS...think of all the things you can do while it's on jackstands...clean your wheel wells really well...paint calipers, change headlight bulbs, put in the turn signal mod (relays that blink your turn sidemarker with the turn signal...I can direct you to the thread)...
I always like to be effecient when the wheels are off!
Sorry for the late reply Jeremy. The wheels are physically in great shape. No bends, cracks, and only minor curb rash on one wheel. The condition of the paint on the wheels is why I'm having them refinished. I'll take pictures for you on Wednesday (in in class all day tomorrow then have work tomorrow night) but the paint is becoming discolored. It's also begun to flake and chip off of the wheel, exposing the lighter color metal underneath. The clear coat is totally gone, thus giving the wheels a matte look which I'm not a huge fan of.

Instead of having my car out of commission for a week plus on jack stands, a local member was generous enough to let me borrow his stockies. I had them mounted and balanced this afternoon and had an alignment soon after. My specs are all in range except for the front camber. The allowed range is -1.0-1.0 and mine is -1.2 and -1.3, so not terribly out of spec. The A-Specs were dismounted from the tires and everything is sitting in my garage ready to go to the powdercoater.

Today was the first time my car sat on stock wheels since I bought the A-Specs almost two years ago. Weird sight...

Lulz @ my girlfriend being dumb in the background. Also you can see the beater vehicle of the family in the garage; 1997 Dodge Intrepid. Bought brand new in late 1996 because yours truly needed more leg room than the 1989 Accord was supplying. Sadly my TL has more miles than that car does, I think it just hit 90k while I'm about to hit 95k. Parked next to me is my dad's 05 G35x.

And one of the newer additions to the car, my awesome scrape on the front lip that we discussed on the last page...

OMG STICKERZZZZZZZZZZZ...

They will most likely be going on the car within the next few days. Whenever it gets sunny and I'm not working or doing school work. Spring Break starts on Thursday. Ftw ftw ftmfw.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Powercoating FTW! Your car doesn't look bad on stockies at all. What color are the A-Specs getting powercoated?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by cjTL
Powercoating FTW! Your car doesn't look bad on stockies at all. What color are the A-Specs getting powercoated?
I've always loved the stock wheels, but it's just that I'm not used to seeing them on my car

The A-Specs are going to be powdercoated to match the Type-S color since I have the Type-S centercaps. There's no paint code so it's a pain in the effing ass to use tiny little samples and pick which ones are comparable in color to the centercaps. My wheel guy and I haven't made a final decision on which one we are going to use, but I'm going to try to make sure it's as close as possible.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 PM

Nicely done! I know what you mean, I'll probably end up going that route if I ever go back to my aspecs (if my gf'll let me have them back...she loves them on her 8th gen accord). Mine aren't bad at all and finish is fine, BUT my stepdad (who owned the car before me) did a NUMBER on all the wheels...curbage on all. Not bad, and I've managed to hide most of the damage, but I would probably want them perfect at some point.

Aren't the aspecs made by enkei? Maybe you could call them to find out what color and product they use for finish?!

Also, believe it or not, I LOVE the stock 5 stars...I've actually thought about snatching a set since people sell them for crackhead prices these days...just for fun...plus, 17's ride so smooooooth!

Got my stickers today too...BUT, since I'm hellbent on NO visible stickers on my car, I opted to add a red one of those and my new RV6 sticker to inside of my trunk where I already have my "progress" and "tein" stickers.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:16 AM

Nicely done! I know what you mean, I'll probably end up going that route if I ever go back to my aspecs (if my gf'll let me have them back...she loves them on her 8th gen accord). Mine aren't bad at all and finish is fine, BUT my stepdad (who owned the car before me) did a NUMBER on all the wheels...curbage on all. Not bad, and I've managed to hide most of the damage, but I would probably want them perfect at some point.

Aren't the aspecs made by enkei? Maybe you could call them to find out what color and product they use for finish?!

Also, believe it or not, I LOVE the stock 5 stars...I've actually thought about snatching a set since people sell them for crackhead prices these days...just for fun...plus, 17's ride so smooooooth!

Got my stickers today too...BUT, since I'm hellbent on NO visible stickers on my car, I opted to add a red one of those and my new RV6 sticker to inside of my trunk where I already have my "progress" and "tein" stickers.
Yeah that curbage would drive me crazy. Sounds like you found a good method to fix that though! And those A-Specs look dope on the Accord so I don't blame your gf for not wanting to give them up.

You're right, just like the stockies, the A-Specs are made my Enkei. I may have to contact them and see what they say. The dealership doesn't know shit about them. Keep in mind this is the same dealership that tried to tell an AZ member and I that Acura didn't make a 6-speed TL in 2005. Lulz.

If you look hard enough there are some awesome deals on stock wheels. Once the A-Specs are back on the car and I give these wheels back to Mike, I'll probably pick up a set as well.

I HATE stickers on cars, but I'm making an exception for the AZ ones. I'll put them in the little rear windows on each side. Where in the trunk do you have the other stickers?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:24 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
powdercoat time!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
I like the choice you made on type-s color powder coat on the a-specs. I really like that color and a-specs will look great in that color on your car.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 AM

low key...can you spot it?
lol...
Old 03-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
powdercoat time!!!

I'm going to get my wheels done those exact colors! Each spoke will be different! So purdy.

I like the choice you made on type-s color powder coat on the a-specs. I really like that color and a-specs will look great in that color on your car.
Thanks man I really appreciate that. I loved the original gunmetal color but I've always wanted them a shade or two darker. I hope I can match the centercaps as close as possible!

low key...can you spot it?
lol...
Oh dang. Hella stealth status

I got out of my bio lab early this afternoon so I got everything out of the garage to show you fellas. First up are the wheels without tires mounted. You can clearly see where the paint is discolored, chipping, and flaking off. Also you can see the difference between the paint on the wheels and the color of the Type-S centercaps...

The wheel closest to the camera is the newest. Only 3 years old compared to the others which are original from 2004. The original owner cracked one and replaced it...

Discoloration on the spokes:

Yes they are made by Enkei:

Only cool people have the 8.5" width . Under the wheel size is the offset, +45...

Now it's time for the tires. The two tires on the inside were mounted up front before everything was taken off. Of course they had been rotated throughout their time being on the car, which has been almost two years. You can see the wear from being about -1.5 degrees out of spec camber wise. They may not look so hot but for almost 40k miles, they aren't too bad. Also I went almost 6 months without an alignment last year after dropping my car. That probably didn't help with the tire wear...

All of my tires are Kuhmo Ecsta Platinum 245/40/18. I killed two of my tires last year so I had to get new ones, which in this picture, are on the outside. You can clearly tell which tires are newer because they are taller than the two older ones which are in the middle:

And some better pictures with the stockies. I really like this look...

I'll be taking the wheels to the powdercoater tomorrow after class. He got some more samples in so hopefully we will check those out and make a decision. The Acurazine stickers will be going on today before work or tomorrow after class. I never thought I would WILLINGLY put stickers on my car but I love this forum and I don't think I'll ever leave, even after the TL has passed away.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:02 PM

I want your A back in chrome! it would pop so nicely on that dark center bar now!

PS, I really love how great the stockies look on your car. I might actually end up really buying a set! You've done an amazing job with that car...it really looks so friggin "right". As far as the stickers, I feel you, if I WERE gonna put a sticker on , it would be AZ. Best forum I've ever been on, bar none.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
I agree about the (A).

And goddamnit, you beat me to powdercoating!

I need to get started on some shit to catch up.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I loves teh 3rd gens stockies trying to pick up a set myself for a reasonable price
Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Great thread Tyler. Awesome progress too. Still waiting on my ATLP base resonated exhaust...hopefully it will show up really soon so I can get the exhaust/jpipe and transmission switch install done. Are you thinking of getting the aspecs powdercoated the same color as the type-s gunmetal rim color? That would be sick I think. Got my Azine stickers in the mail today too Gonna put them on the small window behind the rear doors too, just haven't decided on driver's side or both

Aspec lip scrape FTL...that hurts to see man. I've heard paintscratch.com is pretty solid though...but it IS pricey for just a spray can. Damn. Hope you get it fixed up soon man.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:35 PM

I want your A back in chrome! it would pop so nicely on that dark center bar now!

PS, I really love how great the stockies look on your car. I might actually end up really buying a set! You've done an amazing job with that car...it really looks so friggin "right". As far as the stickers, I feel you, if I WERE gonna put a sticker on , it would be AZ. Best forum I've ever been on, bar none.
I sorta like the stealthy look but I've been considering making it white. Maybe this summer I'll make the change.

It's taken me a full day to get used to the stockies but I LOVE them. I think a set of spacers would help them drastically. Probably 15mm all around would do.

I really appreciate that comment Jeremy. I know my car isn't as heavily modified as some cars on this site, cough Jamie cough cough, but I really like how my car has turned out after two years of ownership. It will never be as fast or as HELLAflushed out like some of the TLs on this site but it will always be mine own spin on the TL. It's been expensive but it's been a blast modding this car.

I agree about the (A).

And goddamnit, you beat me to powdercoating!

I need to get started on some shit to catch up.
Yeah Morgan where the eff have you been? I haven't seen you post in a while.

What's good on the wheels? I really want to buy your Works but I can't afford to have the A-Specs refinished AND get the Works. Ugh. One day.

Originally Posted by Flipster23
I loves teh 3rd gens stockies trying to pick up a set myself for a reasonable price
Do it. I love them.

Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
Great thread Tyler. Awesome progress too. Still waiting on my ATLP base resonated exhaust...hopefully it will show up really soon so I can get the exhaust/jpipe and transmission switch install done. Are you thinking of getting the aspecs powdercoated the same color as the type-s gunmetal rim color? That would be sick I think. Got my Azine stickers in the mail today too Gonna put them on the small window behind the rear doors too, just haven't decided on driver's side or both

Aspec lip scrape FTL...that hurts to see man. I've heard paintscratch.com is pretty solid though...but it IS pricey for just a spray can. Damn. Hope you get it fixed up soon man.
Thanks Zach! I appreciate that man! You're going to love the exhaust and I'm sure you'll love the torque gains from the j-pipe paired along with it! The noise is intoxicating. Be sure to find a few tunnels or parking decks to listen to the exhaust echo

Yes sir, the wheels SHOULD be as close to the gunmetal on the Type-S wheels as possible. There's no official paint code for the color so I have to go though brochure after brochure of samples to find something comprobable (sp?) to the Type-S color.

I meant to put the stickers on my car this afternoon but never got around to it. I'll knock it out tomorrow.

I'm not too happy about the scrape on the lip, actually I'm furious, but it's my fault and no one else's. I've gotta find my touch up paint pen and put that bitch to use.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Yeah Morgan where the eff have you been? I haven't seen you post in a while.

What's good on the wheels? I really want to buy your Works but I can't afford to have the A-Specs refinished AND get the Works. Ugh. One day.
My health has been a roller coaster for the past few months and its rare that I have the energy to do stuff aside from sleep and work. I finally hit rock bottom and went to the hospital Sunday night and they admitted me. Im still here but at least Ive got my laptop (and I am starting to feel a little better).

The list of things to do to the car keeps growing, so once Im back to being myself again I should be knocking out projects left and right. I cant wait to get the new wheels on though. Ive been rocking the 3G wheels for awhile and its a weird look for me. With the weather warming up I really want to get the snow tires off the car too.

Its weird seeing your car on stockies, but it does look good. I cant wait to see the A-Specs refinished. Its going to look sick.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 AM

No problem man...
AND PS, fast and hellaflushed cost a LOT of money I'm not willing to spend. I mod as far as my logic and budget dictate! lol...
Same as you! It's been quite a process but I've never gotten to KNOW a car as well as the TL either!

White emblems might look...you know...REALLY GOOD actually!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Hate your sunny pictures and your sunny weather haha

-34 C today up here. That's -29.2 for you guys down south. Canada, fuck yea
Old 03-02-2011, 10:22 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Dude, I am in the same boat. Need a set of 8.5" powdercoated but cant find exact match for the Type S wheel color .

Have you guys checked powderbuythepound?

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/
Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 AM

My health has been a roller coaster for the past few months and its rare that I have the energy to do stuff aside from sleep and work. I finally hit rock bottom and went to the hospital Sunday night and they admitted me. Im still here but at least Ive got my laptop (and I am starting to feel a little better).

The list of things to do to the car keeps growing, so once Im back to being myself again I should be knocking out projects left and right. I cant wait to get the new wheels on though. Ive been rocking the 3G wheels for awhile and its a weird look for me. With the weather warming up I really want to get the snow tires off the car too.

Its weird seeing your car on stockies, but it does look good. I cant wait to see the A-Specs refinished. Its going to look sick.
Damn Morgan, I'm sorry to hear. I hope your health improves soon

You're on 3G stockies now? What made you do that?

I'm dropping the wheels off in less than 2 hours! I'm pumped!

No problem man...
AND PS, fast and hellaflushed cost a LOT of money I'm not willing to spend. I mod as far as my logic and budget dictate! lol...
Same as you! It's been quite a process but I've never gotten to KNOW a car as well as the TL either!

White emblems might look...you know...REALLY GOOD actually!
I agree, I love knowing just about every little bolt and such on the car. I don't do a lot of crazy DIYs and such but it's still fun.

I'm going to leave the rear emblem black but I may change the front one to white. I have the paint but it's such a pain to take apart the grill.

Hate your sunny pictures and your sunny weather haha

-34 C today up here. That's -29.2 for you guys down south. Canada, fuck yea
Fuck that. I think it's 60 degrees F here today.

Originally Posted by JnC
Dude, I am in the same boat. Need a set of 8.5" powdercoated but cant find exact match for the Type S wheel color .

Have you guys checked powderbuythepound?

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/
It's such a pain in the ass. I've gone to sites, similar to the one you posted, but the ones I picked out turned out to be more brown than grey. My guy has some samples for me to look over this afternoon. I'll let you know which one I pick out.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:53 AM

FYI,
used to do it from the top BUT,
if you have a short or angled screwdriver...
Jack the car up...look up under the front bumper in FRONT of the radiator. You can pretty easily access ALL 5 screws that hold that bar on to get the emblem off...
Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get off!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:54 AM

Oh wtf.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:02 AM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
My chrome is starting to flake off I'm thinking or redipping them or coating them I just don't like dark colored rims though.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM

WTF, huh!?!?
lol...didn't think of that didja!
Honestly, I've done it by prying down the top part about 5 times before (I used to be a schizo about what color I wanted my emblems)...
THEN, on Monday when I installed the Jpipe, I knew I wanted to take off the grill to have it painted properly....car jacked up and I'm on my back...look up and BAM, the screws are right there!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:49 AM

My chrome is starting to flake off I'm thinking or redipping them or coating them I just don't like dark colored rims though.
I hear you. I like dark colored wheels as long as I can still tell what the design of the wheel is.

WTF, huh!?!?
lol...didn't think of that didja!
Honestly, I've done it by prying down the top part about 5 times before (I used to be a schizo about what color I wanted my emblems)...
THEN, on Monday when I installed the Jpipe, I knew I wanted to take off the grill to have it painted properly....car jacked up and I'm on my back...look up and BAM, the screws are right there!
Hell no I didn't. Last year I took off the whole front bumper to get to the grill

I dropped off the wheels yesterday afternoon! I'm really excited and the owner of the place said he was too since he had never done a set of wheels for an Acura.

JnC, here's the color I went with:

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/IRO...L_GLIMMER.html

At first I went with a Sherwin Williams powder called "Gunmetal", but the guy doing my wheels talked with SW about it and they said the sample in the brochure isn't the actual shade. Therefore my guy called around and was told to check out the Iron Gunmetal Glimmer that I posted above.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 AM

That, sir, is gonna look SLICK!!!!

Good job!

And yeah, love sharing ideas, see, you can now take off your grill and do the A this weekend!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 PM

You're on 3G stockies now? What made you do that?

I'm dropping the wheels off in less than 2 hours! I'm pumped!
Winter

Cant wait to see the A-Specs refinished!!!!!! Whats the ETA?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:18 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Yeah 100% you can definitely remove the front emblem from underneath with the bumper on the car. Two of the screws are plainly visible, the third one is accessible you just can't see it in the top center. in4pics
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM

That, sir, is gonna look SLICK!!!!

Good job!

And yeah, love sharing ideas, see, you can now take off your grill and do the A this weekend!
Thanks man! I'm really excited for the wheels.

As for the grill, I'm going to wait a bit to redo the emblem. I want to get the wheels back and enjoy that look for a bit before I change anything else on the car.

Winter

Cant wait to see the A-Specs refinished!!!!!! Whats the ETA?
Effing winter. I hate it.

The typical turn around time is 3 days. BUT my powder (lol) is getting custom ordered so I'm hoping to have them back by sometime next week. I'm in no rush though, the TL is hella quicker with the stockies.

Originally Posted by stvtec
Yeah 100% you can definitely remove the front emblem from underneath with the bumper on the car. Two of the screws are plainly visible, the third one is accessible you just can't see it in the top center. in4pics
Gotcha. I'll be sure to check that out whenever I decide to change up the grill.

A-Zine stickers are going on the car tomorrow
Old 03-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm Craig

The typical turn around time is 3 days. BUT my powder (lol) is getting custom ordered so I'm hoping to have them back by sometime next week. I'm in no rush though, the TL is hella quicker with the stockies.
Really? Interesting. I'm sure you notice a slight difference in ride too as they're smaller.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by cjTL
Really? Interesting. I'm sure you notice a slight difference in ride too as they're smaller.
I didn't think there would be a noticeable difference but I punched it tonight on the way home and I was shocked. And yes, the car rides better as well. It's not like going from riding in a school bus to a Phantom, but I can tell it's smoother.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:13 AM

Trust me, I've been thinking about that too...I've gone UP a size from the aspecs...and less tire to absorb uneveness etc makes it rough. The things we do for a cool look!

I think after this Sunday's meet, I MAY consider slapping the Aspecs back on for a while. I go through phases. If the phase lasts long enough, I'll probably end up selling the Works.

Happy Friday!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:33 PM

Trust me, I've been thinking about that too...I've gone UP a size from the aspecs...and less tire to absorb uneveness etc makes it rough. The things we do for a cool look!

I think after this Sunday's meet, I MAY consider slapping the Aspecs back on for a while. I go through phases. If the phase lasts long enough, I'll probably end up selling the Works.

Happy Friday!
Yeah man I can imagine. I'm sure it doesn't ride like it's on rails but I bet it's not as smooth as the A-Specs or even the stockies.

Well I finally got around to putting the Acurazine stickers on this afternoon. I'm not used to having stickers of any sort on my car but I'm slowly getting used to them...

I'll be hitting 95k tomorrow. The 105k service is getting closer and closer
Old 03-04-2011, 03:34 PM

Oh and wtf, Happy 10k posts to me. I didn't realize until now! I'm on here way too much
Old 03-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm Craig

Go ahead and ship me your A-Specs when they're done since your car looks so good on stockies.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:10 PM

How about you buy a set of 18x9.5 Work Emotion CR-Kai, Matte Gunmetal, +30 Deep concave wheels with tires and then we can do an outright trade
Old 03-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm Craig

Phaha.

I'll sell my Azine stickers to fund it.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't think there would be a noticeable difference but I punched it tonight on the way home and I was shocked. And yes, the car rides better as well. It's not like going from riding in a school bus to a Phantom, but I can tell it's smoother.
I noticed the same thing. I bought my car with a-spec wheels already on it, then went to staggered 19's, which are sitting in my office right now . I bought a set of stockies and I love them. Definitely lighter than 19's, and a lot less bumpy. Now I don't have to have to sit on the edge of me seat, staring at every imperfection in the road, wondering which one of them will be the death of my rim...well at least not as much Even bought a new set of 255/40/17 Hankook V12's for them Giggidy

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!