Old 03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
^You would.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:37 PM

Received 9,528 Likes on 6,183 Posts
Originally Posted by rossv1
Looks great.
You can't even tell it was scratched unless you look closely.
Thanks! I agree. Since I know it's there, I can tell it's been patched up, but it still looks better than it did. I'm hoping it looks even better after the pearl is put on.

Originally Posted by cjTL
^You would.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,465 Likes on 4,982 Posts
Lip looks great! I had to look real close to even see where it was damaged. I wonder why theyre doing two pens now and I wonder if its the same for NBP? Ive got the single pen and the pearl looked like doo doo.

More pics of the wheels!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
ohhh.. those wheels look good from the pics, cant wait to see em back on the car!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:11 PM
MATT

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
better pics of the wheels! ...nice touchup on the scratched up lip though
Old 03-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,015 Likes on 14,518 Posts
What a friggin TEASE...
c'mon...let's see em!
I mean, I KNOW you have to remount the tires but that finish is gorgeous!
So which center caps look best?

And about my wheels...haven't decided if selling yet! Had a few PM's but nothing concrete...we shall see. I do have to agree though...they would look gorgeous on your car
Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Lip looks great! I had to look real close to even see where it was damaged. I wonder why theyre doing two pens now and I wonder if its the same for NBP? Ive got the single pen and the pearl looked like doo doo.

More pics of the wheels!!!
Thanks Morgan! Considering I didn't use the pearl yet, the lip looks great! I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

The guy at the parts counter said that Acura is only doing the 2-bottle system with the white shades; effing racists

See below for pictures of the wheels

Originally Posted by Twisdit
ohhh.. those wheels look good from the pics, cant wait to see em back on the car!
Thank you sir! It will be a little while until they are mounted. See below for an explanation.

Originally Posted by 06cmv6
better pics of the wheels! ...nice touchup on the scratched up lip though
Thanks! The lip isn't perfect but it's helluva lot better than before. See below for new pics

Originally Posted by rockstar143
What a friggin TEASE...
c'mon...let's see em!
I mean, I KNOW you have to remount the tires but that finish is gorgeous!
So which center caps look best?

And about my wheels...haven't decided if selling yet! Had a few PM's but nothing concrete...we shall see. I do have to agree though...they would look gorgeous on your car
Hehe sorry, I had to! Honestly the center caps are WAY off from the color of the wheels. My guy is going to custom mix some paint for me so I can paint my centercaps to match. I forgot to take pictures of the center caps on the wheels but they aren't even close. The center caps look silver compared to the wheels. Ugh.

And yes, your Works would be fly as fawk on my car. You could always donate them to a good home

Sorta off topic from the wheels discussion but I hit 95k a few days ago and took a picture. I usually don't post these type of pictures but I noticed that I took the picture exactly when the 1/10 mile was changing! Pretty cool!...

Alright here are pictures of the wheels. I just took these 20 minutes ago with three different light sources and the flash turned on so it's hard to capture the true color of the wheels. They are closer to the original gunmetal color than the Type-S wheels. At first I was meh about them but they have grown on me and I'm looking forward to rocking something that no one else has (wheel style + color). Be honest and tell me what you think! Oh and excuse the old school purple bed sheet on the ground. I had to make sure I didn't scratch the wheels!

This was taken at the shop when I picked them up:

As you can see, they are crazy light compared to the Type-S wheels. They are almost more of a light charcol than a gunmetal. Also you can notice that they don't look exactly the same color when taken in different lighting situations. It's been overcast and raining all day so I have yet to see the wheels in direct sunlight.

I'll probably get the tires mounted on the wheels within the next week but they won't be going on the car until I get my rear fenders rolled and I get some spacers. No more HELLAsunk for these wheels
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Illist

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
nice that color is BOSS
Old 03-10-2011, 12:14 AM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Lip looks good Tyler...I actually had to touch up the corner of mine a little while back. Get some good polish wax, and it'll practically disappear. Can't tell mine was touched up unless you look right at it very closely.

And those wheels are PIMP!! Color came out perfectly IMO. Gonna look great man.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
The wheels look great even though the color appearance in the first pic threw me off a bit. I guess that was due to the lighting.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 AM
MATT

wow the first and last pic make them look like a completely different set of rims...either way i think they are going to look really nice
Old 03-10-2011, 07:09 AM

Congrats MAN...very nice lookin...they look odd with no tires and the whole thing a single color BUT once you imagine just the face, they came out really nicely! You MIGHT not need to roll fender...I got a 235 on the rear aspec and a 20MM spacer...actually looks GREAT. I got nothing on the front but I kinda like the way the car handles around corners when the back is out further than the front. I'll post up a picture since I put them back on. Well, you've seen em, but this one shows pretty well how the stance is sitting right now. Got camber kits front and back too and pretty much the front is at 0 and the back at -1 (factory specs-ish).

As far as the works and donations...sorry man...just dropped them off at the local Salvation Army.
Just kidding, but that said, I think I'm going to hang onto them for a bit before deciding to post up FS.
J.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
i think the color is perfectly fine.. even if u think its off or w/e..dont sweat it!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:38 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
nice job fixing that scratch, see how it looks a few days from now and go over it again if you need to fill in the indentation some more.

and wheels look super dope

i like the shade they turned out...unique.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 AM

Also, in reference to touch up...the color is one part...the texture is another. Give it another coat or a two until it is almost filled in, then top off with a few layers of the clear/pearl.
Wait a few weeks, then wetsand with 2500 grit and then compound/polish back. I promise you, you will have a hard time finding it.

J.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to see the newly painted wheels on the ride. Think the white and the color of the wheels will look great! Hurry up and get those bad boys mounted.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 AM
WDP Type-S sitting on air

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts
looks good tyler... need to do a shoot in the near future. im still waiting on the shop to work me in for my wheels
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 AM

That color looks great. Looks like they did a good job on them too.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Looks much better I think! Well worth $24
That's awful! I got the exact same 2-step WDP touch-up paint online from Delray Acura's parts site for $14 plus shipping. You probably paid closer to $30 including gas.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
I really like the way they came out. The high gloss finish is nice. Can you use wheel cleaners on the powdercoating?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Now I want A Specs...
Old 03-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Tyler,

Do you remember if you blacked out your headlights using gloss black or a different kind of black? and Did you paint your center part of the grill using rattle can paint or the plastic dip thing.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by vipTL
nice that color is BOSS
Thank you sir! Your car is BOSS

Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
Lip looks good Tyler...I actually had to touch up the corner of mine a little while back. Get some good polish wax, and it'll practically disappear. Can't tell mine was touched up unless you look right at it very closely.

And those wheels are PIMP!! Color came out perfectly IMO. Gonna look great man.
Thanks Zach! It's been raining everyday since I put on the first base coat so hopefully I can knock out a few more coats soon. I'm really impressed how it looks after one coat!

And thank you! I'm really excited about the wheels. I'm hoping the sun makes an appearance soon so I can get the wheels in direct sunlight and see what they look like. As you can tell by those pictures, they look different with different lighting situations.

Originally Posted by TLDude876
The wheels look great even though the color appearance in the first pic threw me off a bit. I guess that was due to the lighting.
Yes sir. It's weird how they look different in different lighting. I'm looking forward to seeing them in the sun.

Originally Posted by 06cmv6
wow the first and last pic make them look like a completely different set of rims...either way i think they are going to look really nice
Agreed. I'm looking forward to getting them on the car. Won't be for another week or so.

Congrats MAN...very nice lookin...they look odd with no tires and the whole thing a single color BUT once you imagine just the face, they came out really nicely! You MIGHT not need to roll fender...I got a 235 on the rear aspec and a 20MM spacer...actually looks GREAT. I got nothing on the front but I kinda like the way the car handles around corners when the back is out further than the front. I'll post up a picture since I put them back on. Well, you've seen em, but this one shows pretty well how the stance is sitting right now. Got camber kits front and back too and pretty much the front is at 0 and the back at -1 (factory specs-ish).

s far as the works and donations...sorry man...just dropped them off at the local Salvation Army.

Just kidding, but that said, I think I'm going to hang onto them for a bit before deciding to post up FS.
J.
Thanks Jeremy! I think that's why some people are up the air about the wheels, because rarely do you see pictures of wheels without the tires, especially wheels that are uniformly the same color. My girlfriend held a wheel in front of my front stock wheel and it looked great. Just the right amount of contrast between white and black.

The spacers are on their way as I type this! 15mm up front and 20mm in the rear. I'm most likely going to have the rear fender rolled just as a precaution. Better to be safe than sorry!

I think you're going to miss the Works! Don't sell them! Rock the A-Specs until you can't stand them anymore and then put the Works back on. You'll fall back in love

Originally Posted by Twisdit
i think the color is perfectly fine.. even if u think its off or w/e..dont sweat it!
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
nice job fixing that scratch, see how it looks a few days from now and go over it again if you need to fill in the indentation some more.

and wheels look super dope

i like the shade they turned out...unique.
Yeah I plan on going over it a few more times before I put the pearl on. It keeps raining though

And thanks! They aren't close to being the original gunmetal color or the Type-S color but imo they look great! It's hard to capture the true color via camera though.

Also, in reference to touch up...the color is one part...the texture is another. Give it another coat or a two until it is almost filled in, then top off with a few layers of the clear/pearl.
Wait a few weeks, then wetsand with 2500 grit and then compound/polish back. I promise you, you will have a hard time finding it.

J.
Will do sir! I didn't think about doing the wet sanding though. I'll keep that in mind

Originally Posted by nate_0022
Awesome! Can't wait to see the newly painted wheels on the ride. Think the white and the color of the wheels will look great! Hurry up and get those bad boys mounted.
I'll probably have the tires mounted onto the wheels soon but the wheels won't be on the car for another week or so. Spacers are on the way

Originally Posted by rptls08
looks good tyler... need to do a shoot in the near future. im still waiting on the shop to work me in for my wheels
Thanks Ravin! Your car is going to shit on mine once everything is together. Hit me up and we will get a WDP shoot going, maybe where Roger and I went. Parking deck ftw.

That color looks great. Looks like they did a good job on them too.
Thanks Morgan! I'm super impressed with how the wheels turned out. I can't speak more highly about the shop either. Those guys were awesome.

Originally Posted by ebelp
That's awful! I got the exact same 2-step WDP touch-up paint online from Delray Acura's parts site for $14 plus shipping. You probably paid closer to $30 including gas.
DAMMIT. I didn't even think about getting it online. Fuck.

My Acura dealership isn't even 5 miles from my house so luckily I didn't waste much gas.

Originally Posted by cjTL
I really like the way they came out. The high gloss finish is nice. Can you use wheel cleaners on the powdercoating?
Thanks Craig! No wheel cleaners, just soap and water.

Originally Posted by Sandals
Now I want A Specs...
Dew it.

Originally Posted by Sandals
Tyler,

Do you remember if you blacked out your headlights using gloss black or a different kind of black? and Did you paint your center part of the grill using rattle can paint or the plastic dip thing.
I used gloss black for the headlights. For the center-bar of the grill, I originally used high-temp flat black but when I got a new bumper last year, the shop sprayed it a satin-black which I like more. No plastic-dip on my car.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:35 AM

Here are two pictures I took outside yesterday. It was overcast like fuck but it was one of the few moments when it wasn't raining...

Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32

Did you Americans invent a new number while we weren't looking?

Nice wheels. What kind/size tires are you going with?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Aman
Did you Americans invent a new number while we weren't looking?

Nice wheels. What kind/size tires are you going with?
Of course. We ARE the smartest country in the world you know

I'm putting the same tires back on the A-Specs, Kuhmo Ecsta Platinum 245/40/18. Nothing fancy.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
how much did you paid for paint the wheels ?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 AM

$350 for sandblasting the original paint off, sanding and fixing curb rash, and the powdercoating process itself. Keep in mind that price is for ALL 4 wheels. Plus I got a few extra coats of clear coat done at no additional cost.

Big thanks to Powdercoat USA in Raleigh
Old 03-11-2011, 11:55 AM

Thats actually a pretty good price, especially fixing the curb rash.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Rims turned out great!! Makes me miss my aspecs!!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:50 PM

Totally agree...that is a great price...especially when faced with replacement or fixing and making new now watch out for DEM CURBS!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM

Thats actually a pretty good price, especially fixing the curb rash.
Yezzir. Some of the rash was too deep in the wheel to get sanded out but it's barely noticable. I'm not worried about it.

Originally Posted by bzyrice
Rims turned out great!! Makes me miss my aspecs!!
Thank you sir! Did you ever sell the TL?

Totally agree...that is a great price...especially when faced with replacement or fixing and making new now watch out for DEM CURBS!!!!
I know, I'm going to need one of these stickers on the back of my car:

Old 03-11-2011, 04:11 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Tyler the wheels came out great man!! It looks like it was while worth the money for it.

Oh I gotta say this one thing, everytime I see your avatar it makes me think your car is in 3 wheel motion lol. I guess it's just the angle though.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Tyler the wheels came out great man!! It looks like it was while worth the money for it.

Oh I gotta say this one thing, everytime I see your avatar it makes me think your car is in 3 wheel motion lol. I guess it's just the angle though.
Thanks man! I really appreciate that! Besides the A-Spec kit and the exhaust, that's the best money I've ever spent on the car, and it was less than half of the cost of the kit and exhaust haha.

And you already know how I do it 3-wheeled man...

Old 03-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

I'm 3 wheelin' All Day!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:50 PM

Holla!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:01 PM

Moar...

Old 03-12-2011, 02:25 PM
MATT

LOL at the last pic...put her to work...those seriously are chameleon wheels..they look different in just about every light setting
Old 03-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

I want these!! I'll have to sell my type S wheels to get em tho.

btw whose the hottie in red???

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!