CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
As always everything you do to ur car is clean and tasteful. Keep reppin for WDP.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 PM

Received 9,528 Likes on 6,183 Posts
Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
Good to see you got the brake stuff Tyler! Mine came in as well...heavy ass box lol! The Fedex guy looked at me weird when he tried to pick up this unassuming little box and almost hurt himself...

Hopefully my gunmetal Rays lugs will get here soon so I can install all this stuff by June. Wanna do it all at once. The rotors are quality btw!

Wish I could come to that KC nat'l meet...I will be looking forward to the pics for sure!
Thanks Zach! Yeah that box was heavy as fuck! My Fedex guy gave me a weird ass look and said "what the hell is in here?". I replied "brake rotors and pads" and he replied, "damn, some heavy duty shit it feels like!". Pretty funny.

Those lugs are going to look dope! I can't wait to see them on

I wish you could come to the meet as well but as long as the weather holds up I'll be there! I'm hoping to have a new lens for my camera by then as well so I can get some pictures.

Originally Posted by Mem04TL
As always everything you do to ur car is clean and tasteful. Keep reppin for WDP.
Thanks! I really appreciate that comment. It's taken me a while to plan everything out so I don't rush and over do the car and get bored easily.

The black roof vinyl SHOULD be going on the car next week. I've never worked with vinyl before so I'm pretty nervous
Old 05-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
if the black roof goes well, u want to do mine while I'm up in NC lol jp. I'm sure you can do and it will look good. R u using plain black vinyl or cf?
Old 05-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Finally throwin' that black roof into the mix, heh? Hope it turns out well. I went back and forth with this mod for the longest time, but decided against it because of the WDP roof spoiler already on the car. Looks like the last mod for my car will be the headlights... Spacers arrive next week for my base wheels, so that'll be done. I can finally say that my car is just about "there".
Old 05-11-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mem04TL
if the black roof goes well, u want to do mine while I'm up in NC lol jp. I'm sure you can do and it will look good. R u using plain black vinyl or cf?
I've never worked with vinyl so I'm pretty nervous

I'm using glossy black vinyl. No CF for me.

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
Finally throwin' that black roof into the mix, heh? Hope it turns out well. I went back and forth with this mod for the longest time, but decided against it because of the WDP roof spoiler already on the car. Looks like the last mod for my car will be the headlights... Spacers arrive next week for my base wheels, so that'll be done. I can finally say that my car is just about "there".
Yezzir! I've always wanted it but for a while I didn't think my car was "worthy" of having one, aka it wouldn't look right. I'm to the point where I think it would flow nicely with the rest of the car.

What are you doing with the headlights? Clearing or painting? And spacers huh? Good choice. What size? I look forward to seeing everything on the car

HeelToe shipped out my FastLine Brake Lines from CA on Monday and I got them today, that's only 2 days! Big thanks to Marcus for getting them to me so quickly...

Sadly due to my work schedule and other shit going on, the brakes and two new tires won't be going on the car until Monday. At least I have everything all ready to go
Old 05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
dude the black vinyl was a bitch to put on.... the first 7/8ths of it wasnt bad but the last corner is a BITCH. just did mine like a week ago lol

use soapy water when applying... much easier than going the dry method.. and the squeegee/flattener thing they gave scratched the heck outta my vinyl

and be patient when cutting and tucking it when youre done... i rushed it and effed up badly on one section.. haha

good luck!
Old 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Area on my XM

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
What are you doing with the headlights? Clearing or painting? And spacers huh? Good choice. What size? I look forward to seeing everything on the car
Perhaps blacked out with clear diffusers. Maybe I will replicate the Type-S look by sticking with the amber reflectors as well. Not sure yet.

I installed a set of 15mm on the rear last week. Received the 20mm yesterday and installed those on the rear and pushed the 15's up front. I'm still waiting for the 25mm, which I'm going to try putting on the rear and moving the 20mm up front, just for kicks and giggles. I'm guessing that I may run into a clearance issue, but I won't know until I try it.

I'll try to grab some pics with my 'ol point and shoot camera this weekend.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by jwr0ng626
dude the black vinyl was a bitch to put on.... the first 7/8ths of it wasnt bad but the last corner is a BITCH. just did mine like a week ago lol

use soapy water when applying... much easier than going the dry method.. and the squeegee/flattener thing they gave scratched the heck outta my vinyl

and be patient when cutting and tucking it when youre done... i rushed it and effed up badly on one section.. haha

good luck!
Did you wrap the flattener with paper towel when you squeezed the water out from under the vinyl? If you didn't then that's why you have the scratches.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Did you wrap the flattener with paper towel when you squeezed the water out from under the vinyl? If you didn't then that's why you have the scratches.
I wrapped it in a micro fiber cloth the entire time... but still no luck
Old 05-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Driver Mod

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Nice work, dig the tails !
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 PM

good luck!
Fuck, you've got me scared now

I hope to knock out that project sometime this week.

Perhaps blacked out with clear diffusers. Maybe I will replicate the Type-S look by sticking with the amber reflectors as well. Not sure yet.

I installed a set of 15mm on the rear last week. Received the 20mm yesterday and installed those on the rear and pushed the 15's up front. I'm still waiting for the 25mm, which I'm going to try putting on the rear and moving the 20mm up front, just for kicks and giggles. I'm guessing that I may run into a clearance issue, but I won't know until I try it.

I'll try to grab some pics with my 'ol point and shoot camera this weekend.
Type-S headlights ftw. Do it.

Even though this wasn't directed towards me, that's an excellent idea. Thank you!

I wrapped it in a micro fiber cloth the entire time... but still no luck
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Originally Posted by 2Morrow
Nice work, dig the tails !
Thank you sir!

May 16, 2011: Brakes Upgraded

RacingBrake Openslotted Front Rotors
RacingBrake Slotted Rear Rotors
RacingBrake ET500 Front and Rear Pads
Fastline Stainless Steel Brake Lines

(shitty pics, sorry)

I also had two tires replaced. 235/40/18 instead of 245/40/18, hoping to stop rubbing in the back. When I was putting on my spacers, a few of the nuts stripped, and I just left them on there. When the brakes were put on, the spacers had to be taken off, therefore the stripped nuts had to be thrown out once taken off. I didn't have a chance to go out and get some replacement nuts so I'm rolling HELLAsunk until I find some...

Still looks decent considering I'm 20mm more sunk in than I have been for almost 2 months now ...

I also bought a Nikon D3100 this past week so my D60 is up for sale. It's in the BM for sale so if you're interested, let me know!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
rotors look tight, how do the new parts perform? are you breaking necks when you stop now? haha.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM

I can't believe I forgot to post this! I hit 100k on Saturday night:

Now it's time for a new car
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Everything looks good Tyler. Keep up the good work-best of luck on the roof.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 05-17-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Man those new brakes look great Tyler. Really is a subtle thing that adds to your car. Yeah, how do they work? I'd imagine you had a whiplash moment or two at first maybe.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,015 Likes on 14,518 Posts
You stripped the lugs to the spacers too, huh... Me too.
I actually destroyed one, used a stripped bolt thing and got it off so I'm rolling with 4 bolts on one. Then I stripped another one and couldn't get it off no matter what I tried. I have accepted that I have permanent spacers on the rear now. PS...I've been fine for many months now with just 4 of the 5 nuts holding the spacer on so if you broke 2, just run 4 on each side, for now. I also learned a valuable lesson, although it's a scary thought so we torqued down the spacer like our lives depended on it...it's probably best to do the recommended 80 ft/lb torque spec like with rims.

How did they get your 2 nuts off without damaging the spacers/studs?

Either way, brakes look GREAT! Pretty ironic that you dropped down to 235 in the rear and now have to run no spacers so there isn't any rubbing anyway!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 AM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
looking good, luv the brake job upgrade. How does it feel now?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered 3.5L Member

Received 154 Likes on 137 Posts
New rotors look sick!!! We all expect reviews as I stated earlier!! At least your setup in the back still looks decent even if its not fully flush! I just picked up ichiba V2 15mms to solve a fitment issue I'm having with my new rims...but Ill explain another time...Your car gets better and better every week!!Love it!!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
rotors look tight, how do the new parts perform? are you breaking necks when you stop now? haha.
Yeah the brakes work great. The pedal feels much more firm and not floppy. They are still getting broken in so I haven't had a chance to really get on them, I will soon though.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Everything looks good Tyler. Keep up the good work-best of luck on the roof.
Thanks Steven! The roof didn't go so well, story below.

Originally Posted by cjTL
Man those new brakes look great Tyler. Really is a subtle thing that adds to your car. Yeah, how do they work? I'd imagine you had a whiplash moment or two at first maybe.
Thanks Craig! They work great! Give me another week or two to fully break them in and I'll write a review.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
You stripped the lugs to the spacers too, huh... Me too.
I actually destroyed one, used a stripped bolt thing and got it off so I'm rolling with 4 bolts on one. Then I stripped another one and couldn't get it off no matter what I tried. I have accepted that I have permanent spacers on the rear now. PS...I've been fine for many months now with just 4 of the 5 nuts holding the spacer on so if you broke 2, just run 4 on each side, for now. I also learned a valuable lesson, although it's a scary thought so we torqued down the spacer like our lives depended on it...it's probably best to do the recommended 80 ft/lb torque spec like with rims.

How did they get your 2 nuts off without damaging the spacers/studs?

Either way, brakes look GREAT! Pretty ironic that you dropped down to 235 in the rear and now have to run no spacers so there isn't any rubbing anyway!!!
Yeah those fucking things strip easily! The ones on the 20mm spacers didn't strip at all but the ones on the 15mm spacers stripped like crazy! I think 3 on one side and 2 on another stripped. I couldn't find a store around here that carries those nuts so I've contacted Ichiba about getting some new ones. $30 including shipping, what a load of shit.

I'm not sure how my shop (who did the brakes) got the nuts off. They even put them in the bag along with the spacers and such when I picked up the car. I guess they have the proper tools unlike me

Yeah fml recently. I get different sized tires to stop rubbing but now I'm 20mm away from rubbing

Originally Posted by UASICK
Very nice!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by omnuts
looking good, luv the brake job upgrade. How does it feel now?
Much better than before. Thanks!

Originally Posted by BigPZ
New rotors look sick!!! We all expect reviews as I stated earlier!! At least your setup in the back still looks decent even if its not fully flush! I just picked up ichiba V2 15mms to solve a fitment issue I'm having with my new rims...but Ill explain another time...Your car gets better and better every week!!Love it!!
Give me a few weeks and you'll get one! I'm glad you got some spacers as well, be sure to post some pics!

FML

A few weeks ago I ordered the pre-cut glossy black vinyl for my roof from BlueBatmobile. It looked great and I was ready to install it asap.

Today rolls around and my installation failed miserably. I unwrapped the vinyl and laid it down for a second. As soon as I turn away, Mother Nature says FUCK YOU and a strong gust of wind blows the vinyl against my car, making it stick to itself and to my car. I pull it off of my car but it's completely become engulfed in itself.

So I pulled the car back into the garage and $90 worth of vinyl went into the trash can. Fuck me.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Damn, that really sucks Tyler. It sounds like the weather hasn't been too good anywhere lately. Will we be seeing round two sometime soon? Taking place strictly in the garage?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Drifting

omfg cant believe that happened.... that sucks so bad u should lay the whole thing on the roof, tape 2/3rds down and unwrap/do 1/3 at a time.

prob best to do it in a garage too.. as little specs of dust and junk flying around will get stuck on the vinyl so you have to move fast once u unwrap it

dang and I was looking forward to ur vinyl job... will you attempt it again?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
I love you.

Sucks to hear about the vinyl overlay bud. Im sure something good will come out of it.

But damn does that car look like a BEAST.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Dude, I'm really sorry about the vinyl. I know you're disappointed-I feel bad for you.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:41 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
dude that fuckin blows tyler. I bet you were pissed.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:09 AM
Area on my XM

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
FML

A few weeks ago I ordered the pre-cut glossy black vinyl for my roof from BlueBatmobile. It looked great and I was ready to install it asap.

Today rolls around and my installation failed miserably. I unwrapped the vinyl and laid it down for a second. As soon as I turn away, Mother Nature says FUCK YOU and a strong gust of wind blows the vinyl against my car, making it stick to itself and to my car. I pull it off of my car but it's completely become engulfed in itself.

So I pulled the car back into the garage and $90 worth of vinyl went into the trash can. Fuck me.

Ok. Now that's out of my system... (j/k)

Wow. That sucks big time, brah. It would have been my luck as well. When I was considering the black roof, I made a couple calls to people who did this shit for a living. Got a couple estimates, ho-hummed about it, then put the idea back on the shelf. There was no way that my patience level would have let me get anywhere near a self-install.

Well, if you don't succeed, try, try again... right?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Aman
Damn, that really sucks Tyler. It sounds like the weather hasn't been too good anywhere lately. Will we be seeing round two sometime soon? Taking place strictly in the garage?
Taking place in someone else's garage. I'm not attempting to do that shit again. I'm dropping by a shop on Monday to have them measure the roof for them to vinyl it.

omfg cant believe that happened.... that sucks so bad u should lay the whole thing on the roof, tape 2/3rds down and unwrap/do 1/3 at a time.

prob best to do it in a garage too.. as little specs of dust and junk flying around will get stuck on the vinyl so you have to move fast once u unwrap it

dang and I was looking forward to ur vinyl job... will you attempt it again?
I'm fucking pissed

Like I said above, I'm going to have a local shop do it for me. It's more than I want to pay but I really want it done before the national meet.

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
I love you.

Sucks to hear about the vinyl overlay bud. Im sure something good will come out of it.

But damn does that car look like a BEAST.
Aaron. Thanks man!

You going to the national meet with Morgan and I?

[QUOTE=Steven Bell;12958101]Dude, I'm really sorry about the vinyl. I know you're disappointed-I feel bad for you./QUOTE]

Thanks Steven. I really want the roof on for the meet but it may not happen in time. We shall see!

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
dude that fuckin blows tyler. I bet you were pissed.
To say the least. I still am. $90 worth of vinyl and an hour of my time down the drain. I already had the XM antenna taken off and everything.

Ok. Now that's out of my system... (j/k)

Wow. That sucks big time, brah. It would have been my luck as well. When I was considering the black roof, I made a couple calls to people who did this shit for a living. Got a couple estimates, ho-hummed about it, then put the idea back on the shelf. There was no way that my patience level would have let me get anywhere near a self-install.

Well, if you don't succeed, try, try again... right?
I'm not trying that shit again, eff that. I'll pass the headache onto someone else and just throw them some money
Old 05-20-2011, 09:19 AM

Wow...that would ABSOLUTELY have pissed me off too!!!

I've thought about trying out Vinyl because it seems like a good alternative to hide imperfections etc...but it DOES look kinda difficult to get the hang of.

At least it was just the vinyl that got effed up and not your car!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:11 PM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
^^^that sucks, did you remove all the backing before starting? I guess you did, also, were you doing a wet or dry install, you'll have to remove small sections from front to back or vice versa as you apply it. GL
Old 05-20-2011, 05:02 PM

Wow...that would ABSOLUTELY have pissed me off too!!!

I've thought about trying out Vinyl because it seems like a good alternative to hide imperfections etc...but it DOES look kinda difficult to get the hang of.

At least it was just the vinyl that got effed up and not your car!!!
Yeah I've determined that I'm no vinyl expert. From now on I'm not messing with that shit again.

Originally Posted by omnuts
^^^that sucks, did you remove all the backing before starting? I guess you did, also, were you doing a wet or dry install, you'll have to remove small sections from front to back or vice versa as you apply it. GL
Yeah I removed the whole backing. It was a wet install but the piece of vinyl was so fucked up that it barely covered half of the roof. I tore it in multiple places just trying to pull it apart from itself.

FML x2

What the fuck is going on? Ever since I hit 100k, my luck has gone down the drain.

Soon after I got my new brakes installed, I felt like the car was laggy, like I really had to get on the gas to get it moving. Every time I stopped at a red light, I smelled a nasty burning rubber smell, and I soon realized that my rear right wheel was almost brown with brake dust. I called up my shop yesterday and dropped the car off this morning. Turns out that my rear right caliper seized and had to be replaced. The shop did the right thing and did it free of charge, but still, what a pain in my ass.

Now for some good news, I'm dropping by a vinyl place on Monday to have them measure out the roof. $275 is more than I want to spend but if I'm driving 1/2 way across the US for a meet, I want my effing roof black. So yeah, that's my update.

Happy Friday
Old 05-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Damn Tyler, I step in here for a sec and all I see is bad news. Sorry about the vinyl and I know how you feel about the caliper seizing up. Had that happen like 6 months ago but I had to pay :/

At least that's out of the way now haha hope all is well man...well besides the shit that's happening to your car.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Registered 3.5L Member

Received 154 Likes on 137 Posts
Shitty luck on the caliper and roof...take it as a blessing that it wasn't something MAJOR...vinyl is a bitch tho
Old 05-21-2011, 04:17 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
r those atlp exhaust??? nice...!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
How are you liking the brake setup?
Old 05-21-2011, 11:50 PM

oh...YOU AIN'T lying, brother...
effin A. Glad you're getting it figured out!
Old 05-22-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by alexSU
Damn Tyler, I step in here for a sec and all I see is bad news. Sorry about the vinyl and I know how you feel about the caliper seizing up. Had that happen like 6 months ago but I had to pay :/

At least that's out of the way now haha hope all is well man...well besides the shit that's happening to your car.
It's all good dude! Dumb shit like this is all part of car ownership. I think I'm going to lease my next car

Besides those small hiccups, the car is doing great! I'm just saving my pennies for the 105k service. I've already got the new spark plugs installed and such but the timing belt and all of those major parts are going to drain the bank account.

Originally Posted by BigPZ
Shitty luck on the caliper and roof...take it as a blessing that it wasn't something MAJOR...vinyl is a bitch tho
Yeah I'm very fortunate nothing else happened. Fuck vinyl, I'm not messing with that stuff ever again.

Originally Posted by Acura_C
r those atlp exhaust??? nice...!!!
Yes sir, ATLP Base non-resonated. I LOVE it.

How are you liking the brake setup?
It's great! They really grab when you get on them.

oh...YOU AIN'T lying, brother...
effin A. Glad you're getting it figured out!
Yes sir! Thanks Jeremy!

So I've been thinking about this all day and I need some opinions. I'm thinking about making my car a bit more "stockish" and saving up for some aftermarket wheels. I would be buying some stock headlights and getting my stock sidemarkers and tails out of the closet and putting them on the car. I was thinking about selling my headlights and tails but I think I would keep them and just put them on the back burner for a while.

I guess I'm just getting bored and need a change. This won't be for a while btw, probably after summer. Thoughts?
Old 05-22-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
You can trade with a 2005 SSM TL for a bit. It's pretty damn stock...it'd probably feel like driving a Buick compared to your car with the ATLP and performance mods.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:09 PM

I'll trade for a 05 SSM if it's a package deal with the C5 Z06
Old 05-22-2011, 11:42 PM

As you may have seen a few weeks back, I created a thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/ua6-wdp-ua7-wdp-night-shoot-part-ii-8-21-11-a-818613/) and posted pictures of when I met up with rptls08. I got ahold of Adobe Lightroom today and edited a few of the pictures. I went a bit overboard with the processing but I've done worse. I haven't taken any decent pictures of my car in a while besides these so I thought I would add them to the thread.

Enjoy

See anything strange in this picture?...

Old 05-22-2011, 11:44 PM

Oh and I'm going to a vinyl shop tomorrow to have them measure the roof and such. I'm hoping to have the black roof on within a week!

After that I'll be doing the 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches that I've had for over a year and have neglected to have installed.

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!