CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Enjoy that award while you can, cuz it won't last long.

<-- 21 hours from my front door. Hope to be making the trip soon and rep the Stock 4 Lyfe crew hard yo.

Great writeup though, I enjoyed reading it. You did a hell of a better job taping up your front end than I did to mine. Learned the hard way to always start from the top.

Glad you guys had a good time. Super jealous I couldn't make it. Love long road trips.

I bet your parents weren't too happy about your waxing spot.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
That mountain is Pilot Mountain....only know this cause I went to school in Winston-Salem

Cant wait to go next year. Your car was so pimp
Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 PM
F-SPORT

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Man i still hate myself for not going to the meet. Looks like everyone had a great time. Maybe next year!!!

Oh your car is looking really good! Like the roof!!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
tyler from chicago!!! it was nice meeting you and yes you got balls driving all them miles.. i thought we were nuts lol. but i guess you are way nuttier than us... lol (no homo)

but it was nice meeting you and your girl... i don't know if I or anyone from the chi will make it again. but it was all fun and games...
Old 06-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Baller of Uni

Received 511 Likes on 396 Posts
Tyler that place we went to Sunday after the meet was called Gates BBQ. Still can't believe you drove out, glad you did though!

Damn dude you took a lot more pictures of my car than I thought! Thanks!

Last edited by CLassy02; 06-15-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
Originally Posted by cjTL
Great pics! I looked through all of them on Flickr. What a hell of a trip, had to have been a blast. I should've gone. Only 482 miles...next year.

Do you hicks not have White Castle in NC?
Yeah it was a long trip but well worth it. You should come next year if you don't get rid of the TL by then.

Hicks? Asshole

We don't have White Castle here but something VERY similar called Krystal. There aren't any local to me but they are popular down in Florida were I was born and raised.

I drove through your state, yall drive slow as fuck. My cruise control was set at 7 over the speed limit and I was blowing past people like they were stopped.

Originally Posted by Aman
Enjoy that award while you can, cuz it won't last long.

<-- 21 hours from my front door. Hope to be making the trip soon and rep the Stock 4 Lyfe crew hard yo.

Great writeup though, I enjoyed reading it. You did a hell of a better job taping up your front end than I did to mine. Learned the hard way to always start from the top.

Glad you guys had a good time. Super jealous I couldn't make it. Love long road trips.

I bet your parents weren't too happy about your waxing spot.
That would be epic if you made the drive. Dew it!

The taping was a huge pain in the ass but I'm glad I did it.

My mom actually TOLD me to put it under the shade. I was shocked

Originally Posted by gr8ness97
That mountain is Pilot Mountain....only know this cause I went to school in Winston-Salem

Cant wait to go next year. Your car was so pimp
Ah so that's what it is. Thank you sir!

It was nice meeting you at the meet! I really hope you have an Acura next time

Originally Posted by LTxArucAx60
Man i still hate myself for not going to the meet. Looks like everyone had a great time. Maybe next year!!!

Oh your car is looking really good! Like the roof!!
Please go next year! It was worth it!

And thank you sir

Originally Posted by RL Chi-town
tyler from chicago!!! it was nice meeting you and yes you got balls driving all them miles.. i thought we were nuts lol. but i guess you are way nuttier than us... lol (no homo)

but it was nice meeting you and your girl... i don't know if I or anyone from the chi will make it again. but it was all fun and games...
Hahaha thanks dude! It was nice meeting you and your girl. The RL is on point and I look forward to seeing what else you do to it.

What are you doing with the RJs? You going to mount them or just sell em?

Originally Posted by OakTre
Tyler that place we went to Sunday after the meet was called Gates BBQ. Still can't believe you drove out, glad you did though!

Damn dude you took a lot more pictures of my car than I thought! Thanks!
Yeah that place was scary at first but the food was so good

Yeah man no problem at all. If you want the high res versions let me know.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,385 Likes on 4,933 Posts
Old 06-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
God damn dude, I take a freaking break from azine and I come back to this! Really need to come up and see you and Craig. Maybe incorporate a college visit into it.

The car looks FANTASTIC.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
good stuff, gorgeous pics!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 103 Posts
TL is looking good (as always) Next year I plan on making the drive up from Houston and will hopefully be bringing a few others with me.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
Thanks for sharing, man...the older I get, the more I dread long trips like that!!
I drove to Chicago once, and back once...to Miami. WOW.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
So...

Waznext?
Old 06-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I'm going to make Tyler come back to Kansas City next year for the meet again. I need to send him some BBQ sauce from Gates!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
I know dude, I wish you could have made it. There's always next year!

Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
God damn dude, I take a freaking break from azine and I come back to this! Really need to come up and see you and Craig. Maybe incorporate a college visit into it.

The car looks FANTASTIC.
Haha thanks dude! You know I'm a HUGE fan of your car.

Remember Craig is in Indiana and I'm in North Carolina so there's quite a gap between us

Originally Posted by flip_side
good stuff, gorgeous pics!
Thank you sir! I hope one day I'm rocking expensive wheels and slammed as fawk like you are

Originally Posted by I are LEGEND
TL is looking good (as always) Next year I plan on making the drive up from Houston and will hopefully be bringing a few others with me.
Thank you sir! That would be awesome if you and some of the TX crew made the drive. I had a blast.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Thanks for sharing, man...the older I get, the more I dread long trips like that!!
I drove to Chicago once, and back once...to Miami. WOW.
Yeah I'm getting it out of my system now before I get old

How long did it take you for that trip?

Originally Posted by Aman
So...

Waznext?
An oil change next week

I'm at 1042xx right now so the dreaded 105k service is coming up. I'll have my pressure switches and all of that shit done at the same time.

Besides maintenance, I REALLY need to be done with my car. Yeah I want the new Tein coilovers and this and that but it's not really worth it as of right now. I just got my 2-year degree from a local community college and I'll most likely be at a university this fall or spring which is an hour south of here. I need to get my priorities straight and focus on school, something that I've never really done. Putting the TL on the back burner is going to be hard but it needs to happen so I can help myself be successful later in life. Don't worry, the car won't rust and become a scrap of metal on the side of the road, but I won't be devoting all of my time and energy into it like I have been recently.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I'm going to make Tyler come back to Kansas City next year for the meet again. I need to send him some BBQ sauce from Gates!
I won't turn it away
Old 06-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Haha that's ok. That just means I get to drive more. That or we'll have to find the mind point somewhere and have a meet. Lol. I'll probably end up going to the next azine meet in Kansas City...I'll be expecting to see you there.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:37 AM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Have you gotten a haircut yet.. homo
Old 07-10-2011, 05:36 PM
3 pedals in my 99 TL

Received 178 Likes on 156 Posts
Damn your ride is sick bro! So many pages to read through but youve done wonders with the car! Congrats ive always looked through this thread but noticed i never posted in it before so i figured might as well!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
Haha that's ok. That just means I get to drive more. That or we'll have to find the mind point somewhere and have a meet. Lol. I'll probably end up going to the next azine meet in Kansas City...I'll be expecting to see you there.
I'm planning on going next summer! We will see how school is going and such, I may be taking summer classes.

Originally Posted by AMUA6
Have you gotten a haircut yet.. homo
You fucking asshat

Yes I did. Do you approve?

Originally Posted by freeaTLast
Damn your ride is sick bro! So many pages to read through but youve done wonders with the car! Congrats ive always looked through this thread but noticed i never posted in it before so i figured might as well!
Thank you sir! Yeah this has turned into a huge thread, which wasn't intentional, but I'm happy with how my car sits.

Since John's gay ass bumped my thread for no reason, I thought I would post some pics. Up first is the ID thing that everyone at the National Meet got once they registered their car:

This is everything I got at the meet. Acura pocket knife, Acura LED flashlight, Acura hat, Acura umbrella, Toyo Tires tire pressure reader thing, a few bags, and some other little stuff. Pretty cool!...

Last week I met up with member mglum to grab a few beers. He doesn't visit the forum too often but he loves the TL. Here are just a few shots I took...

He's running Work Emotion CR-Kai in matte bronze. 18x8.5 up front and 18x9.5 in the rear. I can't remember the offsets though. I think +40ish front and +28ish in the rear. His suspension set up is TEIN SS and it rides wonderfully.

When I first got there, I knew where I was going to park...

And just another random shot of my filthy car...

I'll be hitting 106k in a few days and I've already started shopping around for my timing belt service. I've heard everything $600 to $1800 . After that I'm not sure what I'll be doing next to the car. I would love a set of coils.
The following users liked this post:
AMUA6 (07-11-2011)
Old 07-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
the modding will never stop you will just start finding ways to bring in money to do mods LOL!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Flipster23
the modding will never stop you will just start finding ways to bring in money to do mods LOL!
Oh I know, trust me. I'm at a point where I know it's not worth the money anymore though. It's got 105k on it and not really worth much anymore. Do I plan on adding shit to the car? Of course, BUT I need to focus on school and stop "wasting" my money on the car. I just need to be happy with what I have
Old 07-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
have you washed that thing since the national meet haha
Old 07-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Nope

I cleaned my wheels about a week ago and that's it. Every time I plan on washing it, it rains. I'm not going to waste my time if mother nature wants to wash it.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Baller of Uni

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Nope

I cleaned my wheels about a week ago and that's it. Every time I plan on washing it, it rains. I'm not going to waste my time if mother nature wants to wash it.
Story of my life lately. We get about two days of sun then rain for three or four days off and on. And I love CR-Kai's. They are one of my favorites. Car is looking good as usual Tyler. Hope all is well in NC!

Oh btw, I should have the pics from the natl meet developed this week. Forever I know but I've been playing fight the landlord for the past month with my security deposit, so I had to pay out of my pocket for my new place. Finally getting it back this week. I'll FB the pics or something idk I'll let you know man.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Balling in the...

Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts
Man I like the White and Black look. Shits Clean as F#$%, IDK why i say Filthy car it looks good to me
Old 07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,385 Likes on 4,933 Posts
So true about the weather. Occasionally I break down and wash it even if rain is in the forecast though, but Ive been really lately the past few months.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:55 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
do that timing belt shit yoself, it's easyyy! and yes i approve of your haircut :gheyhug:
Old 07-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Team Owner

Wow, look at all the cool stuff you got in Kansas City (at the National Meet)..........
Old 07-11-2011, 11:11 PM

Story of my life lately. We get about two days of sun then rain for three or four days off and on. And I love CR-Kai's. They are one of my favorites. Car is looking good as usual Tyler. Hope all is well in NC!

Oh btw, I should have the pics from the natl meet developed this week. Forever I know but I've been playing fight the landlord for the past month with my security deposit, so I had to pay out of my pocket for my new place. Finally getting it back this week. I'll FB the pics or something idk I'll let you know man.
Yeah the weather is driving me crazy. I WANT to wash my car, but it's just not worth my time if it's supposed to rain in a day or two.

Yeah Matt's CRs are dope, I love them too. My only gripe is that they are really common. Yeah they are Works, baller $tatus and all, but I feel like they are everywhere.

No worries about the film dude! I'm really excited to see how they turned out. Are you having them developed and then scanning them onto the computer or what?

Originally Posted by Mafyoso
Man I like the White and Black look. Shits Clean as F#$%, IDK why i say Filthy car it looks good to me
Thanks man I appreciate that! I'm a huge fan of your car, congrats on the drop

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
So true about the weather. Occasionally I break down and wash it even if rain is in the forecast though, but Ive been really lately the past few months.
Fucking summer

Originally Posted by AMUA6
do that timing belt shit yoself, it's easyyy! and yes i approve of your haircut :gheyhug:
Eff that. Knowing my luck with this car, I'll screw something up, and the engine will blow up. That would mean a check from the insurance company and a new car though

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Wow, look at all the cool stuff you got in Kansas City (at the National Meet)..........
Steven I know! You and Jim really hooked a brother up! Thanks again
Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
And some random mountain in NC that Mitzi and I thought looked like a boob with a huge nipple on top ...

That's Pilot Mountain, ya hay-seed, red-neck.

You need to take a ride over there one day and hit SR 66 near Hanging Rock State Park (great road) and then take the drive up Pilot Mountain. It's all paved and everything; not like home where you gotta tape the car up.

Vinyl on the roof looks good. I need to do that .... and about 50 other things.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,628 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I always enjoy looking through your thread.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
That's Pilot Mountain, ya hay-seed, red-neck.

You need to take a ride over there one day and hit SR 66 near Hanging Rock State Park (great road) and then take the drive up Pilot Mountain. It's all paved and everything; not like home where you gotta tape the car up.

Vinyl on the roof looks good. I need to do that .... and about 50 other things.
Yeah we had no idea what it was called. I was casually driving home and my girlfriend yells "that looks like a boob!"

Sounds like I may have to make my way over there again sometime and hit that road. Cary is so boring

And thank you sir! I wish I could keep my car simple like you have. I would have a lot more money to my name that's for sure

Originally Posted by Mr. Maker
I always enjoy looking through your thread.
Thank you

I know it's not the most interesting thread or anything but it's fun keeping up with everything I've done. One day I'll get some baller wheels and actually make this thread worth looking though
Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Baller of Uni

No worries about the film dude! I'm really excited to see how they turned out. Are you having them developed and then scanning them onto the computer or what?
Yeah me too! I just have them developed at Walgreen's and they put them on a CD for me. So simple but slightly pricey. Oh well worth it.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:22 PM
2004 NBP TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car is looking good man!

Have you ever thought about accord fogs?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Yeah me too! I just have them developed at Walgreen's and they put them on a CD for me. So simple but slightly pricey. Oh well worth it.
I saw that you posted some pictures of the CL on Facebook yesterday. They look great!

Originally Posted by JJBentley
The car is looking good man!

Have you ever thought about accord fogs?
Thanks! Yeah I bought a set of Accord fogs soon after I bought the TL. I didn't feel like chopping up my lower grills to install them so I sold them. If I ever get fogs for the TL, I'll do a proper 07-08 base bumper and such.

July 16, 2011
I met up with my girlfriend's brother who has a 2005 Jetta 2.5 5-speed and took some pictures. Here you go...

And yes I know it was only for 4 miles, but for having 106k on the clock, I'm really happy about this...

And I didn't reset the trip computer while driving either. I reset it while sitting at the gas station and then got on the road. I'm averaging about 23mpg per tank now.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Team Owner

A Jetta....pffft.

I bet he's jealous.....
Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Baller of Uni

Haha thanks for the compliment Tyler! TL still looks great as always! Pictures are really good. Speaking of pictures of said TL...

This is from roll 1 of 4 that I've gotten developed, it costs me NINE DOLLARS to get ONE roll done. Ridiculous. Really happy with most of the shots though. Here's one of my car from the national meet.

There's a couple more here from a few weeks ago when I finished this roll off.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 AM
Phmbm12

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

what roof spoiler is that?
Old 07-19-2011, 08:57 AM

Car is looking great Tyler...
since you love pictures as much as me...try out picnik.com pro...it's like $25 for the year and allows to do a lot of touching up for dummys...that's what I used to tweak the pictures I had posted in my thread...they were really average pictures before adding some color or other things.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh that's ur car? before talking shit about other ppl's car, look at yours first. it doesn't beat mine. lol team betta then urz
Old 07-20-2011, 08:31 AM

^^^what do you mean by "beat"? Faster? Or prettier? It's pretty senseless to argue someone's opinion. Especially in their build thread.

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!