Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,260 Likes on 4,875 Posts
Yea one side is reverse threaded.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:24 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Yea man it's quite a drive to TN from here. We could always meet halfway in Charlotte
Shit, it'd still be a 4 hour drive! One day grasshopper one day we will do it! Nice pick-up on the camber kit
Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
Hey CL,

About the cleaning car thing...lately I've been washing it IN THE RAIN, lol. My GF thinks I'm crazy but at least that way when it stops it doesn't have all that dust and dirt everywhere. About the LEDs, I sure will...thanks again! I wish I had taken more "before" pics so I could have a better build thread. I think I CAN put something together but it will take some searching and creating a timeline. And to think, I planned on JUST getting tints when I bought it from my stepdad.

PS...if you do the delete, you NEED to get this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Go stage 3. Trust me, not too loud at all...but from what I've read, just the delete alone will disappoint. I've gotten MANY compliments on the exhaust sounding sporty, not raspy, not loud, and still very classy. PLUS, if you're driving normally, you don't really even hear it. It just has a great purrrrrrr in every gear. Especially for 6 speed manuals!

J.
Washing the car in the rain? Sounds really fucking stupid but makes pretty good sense if you actually think about it.

I've always been obsessed with taking pictures of my TL, no matter if it was stock or not, so I had no problem finding some pictures to post. From now on try to document everything so you can have a solid progress thread from here on out.

Hmm. So will I still be disappointed with the mid-muffler delete and that thing you linked me to? I'm trying to be a baller on a budget when it comes to the exhaust.

Originally Posted by NCTL05
I've been looking into these too. I have a question about them. Is one end reverse threaded? As in "righty loosey-lefty tighty."? That way all you need to do to adjust it is turn the shaft.

Also, do your interior lights still dim out with the LED lights?
Lance I honestly don't know about the camber kit. I don't trust myself when it comes to installing shit like this so I just keep it in the box and take it to my mechanic

And yes the LEDs still dim out

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Yea one side is reverse threaded.
There's your answer Lance. Thanks Morgan you're still a fag

Originally Posted by AMUA6
Shit, it'd still be a 4 hour drive! One day grasshopper one day we will do it! Nice pick-up on the camber kit
Okay maybe I'll help you out and drive to Asheville

And thanks! My new tires got here today so hopefully everything will be installed soon.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
I'm trying to be a baller on a budget when it comes to the exhaust.
Straight pipes.

BTW, what tires did you go with?
Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,967 Likes on 14,485 Posts
No way...with the dynomax and mid muffler delete, you'll be a happy happy camper!

PS...yes, my gf said the same thing...that seems really effin stupid. Her car is silver, I let it get rained on...my car, I washed in the rain then pulled into the garage and dried...since it's black, the drops look ugly when dry no matter what. Don't worry, after hiding her in the garage all weekend to keep her clean I pull out Monday morning to rain on my way to work! lol.

About the camber kit...
YES, one end is normal the other is reversed so when threaded in and on the car it will move both sides when you twist the bar. I can tell you all I opted for the 80 dollar ebay special JPOWER camber arms and have to say that I am not unhappy with it. They claim that the manuf makes oem suspension parts and the quality of the product was fine.

About documenting, for sure...I take a LOT of pics...just wish I had more of when my car was TOTALLY stock. I didnt' take many then. THen again, maybe I do have some on my computer at home!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 PM

Straight pipes.

BTW, what tires did you go with?
I still want to pass emissions tests. Aren't straight pipes illegal? I don't want them too loud considering I'm pretty much stock under the hood. You are allowed to be loud since your shit is all quad-turboed up and shit

Well since two of my tires are still good, I just got two more of the same ones I have currently, Kuhmo Ecsta Platinum, 245/40/18. Meh. They get the job done.

No way...with the dynomax and mid muffler delete, you'll be a happy happy camper!

PS...yes, my gf said the same thing...that seems really effin stupid. Her car is silver, I let it get rained on...my car, I washed in the rain then pulled into the garage and dried...since it's black, the drops look ugly when dry no matter what. Don't worry, after hiding her in the garage all weekend to keep her clean I pull out Monday morning to rain on my way to work! lol.

About the camber kit...
YES, one end is normal the other is reversed so when threaded in and on the car it will move both sides when you twist the bar. I can tell you all I opted for the 80 dollar ebay special JPOWER camber arms and have to say that I am not unhappy with it. They claim that the manuf makes oem suspension parts and the quality of the product was fine.

About documenting, for sure...I take a LOT of pics...just wish I had more of when my car was TOTALLY stock. I didnt' take many then. THen again, maybe I do have some on my computer at home!
First of all congrats on your 3000th post! I remember my 3000th post, it was like a year ago. I know, I'm a post whore

I wish I had a silver car. Black and white both get dirty too fast.

I never called my shop today to make an appt for the camber kit and tires to be put on the car. Fuck. I'll call in the morning.

I really want to do the exhaust thing but I'm barely getting by right now. Work is stupid slow and I blew my last paycheck on my HIDs, floormats, and the damn camber kit.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
car looks good! how's the ride with the S-techs and the stock shocks?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:47 PM

I still want to pass emissions tests. Aren't straight pipes illegal? I don't want them too loud considering I'm pretty much stock under the hood. You are allowed to be loud since your shit is all quad-turboed up and shit

I forgot the red text.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
car looks good! how's the ride with the S-techs and the stock shocks?
Thank you sir! The ride is much better than anticipated. The only thing I have against the springs is that when the road is wavy, they give much more leeway when going up and down. Even when going 40 mph and hitting some bad parts of the roads, it feels like you are being launched in the air and then come crashing down.

Of course I experience that maybe once a week or so, it's not an everyday thing. I'm keeping these until I man up and get a set of coilovers.

I forgot the red text.
Oh. Fucker
Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Drifting

Thank you sir! The ride is much better than anticipated. The only thing I have against the springs is that when the road is wavy, they give much more leeway when going up and down. Even when going 40 mph and hitting some bad parts of the roads, it feels like you are being launched in the air and then come crashing down.

Of course I experience that maybe once a week or so, it's not an everyday thing. I'm keeping these until I man up and get a set of coilovers.

ah ic. im thinking of getting the S-techs for the time being as well. does it keep the raked look of the car (rear sits a bit higher than the front)? or does it drop the car flat? right now Im more concerned with aesthetics than performance. its my daily driver and Im leaning towards the more comfort side than performance.

I did see that you got these from a previous owner. how many miles were on the shock+spring combo when you got them?

I appreciate the time!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 PM

ah ic. im thinking of getting the S-techs for the time being as well. does it keep the raked look of the car (rear sits a bit higher than the front)? or does it drop the car flat? right now Im more concerned with aesthetics than performance. its my daily driver and Im leaning towards the more comfort side than performance.

I did see that you got these from a previous owner. how many miles were on the shock+spring combo when you got them?

I appreciate the time!
I'm always more than welcome to help a fellow Acuraziner, especially one with a WDP TL

The front sits a tad lower than the rear, but it's not terribly raked. I believe the TEIN website says they drop 2" in the front and 1.75" in the rear. Personally I'm glad the rear is higher because I frequently have people in the back of my car. Plus if I take a trip and the trunk is loaded with stuff, I more than likely won't rub.

The springs/shocks were from a 07 TL that had 44k miles on the clock. I've had them on my car since February averaging ~1200 miles per month and I have yet to have any problems.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Drifting

I'm always more than welcome to help a fellow Acuraziner, especially one with a WDP TL

The front sits a tad lower than the rear, but it's not terribly raked. I believe the TEIN website says they drop 2" in the front and 1.75" in the rear. Personally I'm glad the rear is higher because I frequently have people in the back of my car. Plus if I take a trip and the trunk is loaded with stuff, I more than likely won't rub.

The springs/shocks were from a 07 TL that had 44k miles on the clock. I've had them on my car since February averaging ~1200 miles per month and I have yet to have any problems.

sounds good!

Ive just not had the time to get the car lowered. i just need to remove some of the gap and yet not get too slammed. I have 18s now so i have an idea looking at your pics how low I expect it to go.

44k on the shocks? thats not too bad. I have an 06 and from my understanding the shock strength is between the type s and the 07 base, so i expect a slightly firmer ride.

thanks for taking the time bro! I appreciate it a lot!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:59 PM

sounds good!

Ive just not had the time to get the car lowered. i just need to remove some of the gap and yet not get too slammed. I have 18s now so i have an idea looking at your pics how low I expect it to go.

44k on the shocks? thats not too bad. I have an 06 and from my understanding the shock strength is between the type s and the 07 base, so i expect a slightly firmer ride.

thanks for taking the time bro! I appreciate it a lot!
I scrape my front lip on a steep angled driveway, but it isn't too low for daily driving. Even though I want coilovers, I think springs are the best for "ballin on a budget".

I'm probably over 50k on the shocks so far and I have no complaints. I'm hoping they don't blow before I get coils.

I'm no professional mechanic but I'm more than glad to help
Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
<---- Ballin' on a strict budget

If you go with the Azine "Stage 3" exhaust mod, I'm sure that you will be pleasantly surprised with the way it sounds. Not too hard on the wallet, either.

I'm surprised to read that you picked up a camber kit for your current set-up. I didn't read much into it, but I haven't had too bad of an issue with uneven wear with the S-techs. I don't expect to lose much tire life at the rate they are wearing. Of course, you can just be planning ahead and I missed that part.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
<---- Ballin' on a strict budget

If you go with the Azine "Stage 3" exhaust mod, I'm sure that you will be pleasantly surprised with the way it sounds. Not too hard on the wallet, either.

I'm surprised to read that you picked up a camber kit for your current set-up. I didn't read much into it, but I haven't had too bad of an issue with uneven wear with the S-techs. I don't expect to lose much tire life at the rate they are wearing. Of course, you can just be planning ahead and I missed that part.
I'll have to see what all the "stage 3" includes. Usually the higher the number, the better, so I guess I can't go wrong

I got these tires last August when I had the A-Specs mounted. I was at stock height until February when I dropped it. My dumbass took 4 months to get an alignment and I ended up ruining my rear tires. Even though my camber and toe weren't out of spec that badly after an alignment, a little preventative maintenance doesn't hurt. Plus I'll need the kit whenever I man up and get a new set of wheels. Hopefully next year that will be happening. I already have them picked out
Old 07-23-2010, 11:23 PM

I already have them picked out
O rly?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:27 PM

O rly?

There's no way in hell they will be on the car anytime soon, but I can dream right?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM

What are you looking at?
Old 07-24-2010, 02:23 AM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts

There's no way in hell they will be on the car anytime soon, but I can dream right?
Dibs on the A-Specs when you sell them.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
My dumbass took 4 months to get an alignment and I ended up ruining my rear tires. Even though my camber and toe weren't out of spec that badly after an alignment...
lol... A word to the wise about spring/coilover installation and alignments... I had my car aligned the following day after the install. However, the springs must have settled more than I thought they were going to as my toe progressed outward over time, and I smoked my tires within a few months. When I had the General UHP tires installed last fall, I had another alignment done, bringing everything within spec except for the right rear, which was just outside of the acceptable measurement. My tires have about 15k on them now with no visible wear issues. Moral of the story: Expect to align your car a couple times in the first month after the spring install to maximize your tire life. Don't expect a single alignment to be enough. Just my experience...

Just out of curiosity, Tyler... What is your reason to go with a coilover set-up? Flexibility, or do you just want to go lower?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:27 PM

What are you looking at?
18" Enkei RPF1 or PF01 powdercoated dark red. Mild offset, maybe in the high 20s. I want to do something different.

Originally Posted by cjTL
Dibs on the A-Specs when you sell them.

I think Morgan (civicdrivr) called dibs on them a few months back but I'll put you 2nd on the list

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
lol... A word to the wise about spring/coilover installation and alignments... I had my car aligned the following day after the install. However, the springs must have settled more than I thought they were going to as my toe progressed outward over time, and I smoked my tires within a few months. When I had the General UHP tires installed last fall, I had another alignment done, bringing everything within spec except for the right rear, which was just outside of the acceptable measurement. My tires have about 15k on them now with no visible wear issues. Moral of the story: Expect to align your car a couple times in the first month after the spring install to maximize your tire life. Don't expect a single alignment to be enough. Just my experience...

Just out of curiosity, Tyler... What is your reason to go with a coilover set-up? Flexibility, or do you just want to go lower?
See that's exactly what I didn't do. I let the springs settle but I still didn't get an alignment. Luckily it only killed two of my tires so the other two are still okay.

I want coilovers for both of those reasons. While the ride with the springs is much better than anticipated, it's not where I want it to be. With coils I'll probably raise it up a bit in the winter and slam it during summer. Plus, when I get a set of aftermarket wheels, I don't want to be stuck at a certain height that may or may not look good with the wheels.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 PM

on dibs

Old 07-25-2010, 11:11 PM

Morgan.

I hate to say it, but I doubt I'll ever sell them. Even if I get an aftermarket set of wheels, I'll probably keep these and roll on them in the winter. Plus you guys haven't seen how shitty the paint currently looks on the wheels. I really need to get these things powdercoated but work has been stupid slow. I worked 16 hours this past weekend and made $70 in tips. Fucking shit.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:27 PM

I work up at North Hills in Raleigh every Friday and Saturday night and this 4G TL always parks next to me:

I hit 83k today! I bought the car two years ago this month with 52k on the clock. Ugh I drive too much. Shut up Morgan

^iPhone camera + bumpy ass roads in downtown = shaky picture. My b.

The Ingalls Camber Kit has officially been installed. I can't really tell a difference behind the wheel but then again I knew the change wouldn't be that drastic. Here are the specs after the alignment:

Front Left
Camber: -1.7
Caster: 3.2
Toe:0.04

Front Right
Camber: -0.5
Caster: 3.0
Toe: 0.02

Rear Left
Camber: -1.1
Toe: 0.03

Rear Right
Camber: -1.0
Toe: 0.03

Are those specs right considering the addition of the camber kit? I sort of expected everything in the rear to be perfect

I also realized I haven't updated my mod list in a while. Here's a revised version:

TL Mod List as of 7/26/10
-Full A-Spec Kit
-18 x 8.5 Gunmetal A-Spec Wheels
-TL Type-S Gunmetal Centercaps
-245/40/18 Kuhmo Ecsta Platinum Tires
-TEIN S-Tech Springs
-Ingalls Rear Camber Kit
-K&N CAI
-Blacked-out Headlights with 48-led Switchbacks
-Kaixen 6000k HID Bulbs
-Blacked-out 07-08 Base Tails
-Smoked Tail Lights
-Smoked DEPO Sidemarkers
-Uncald4 Fiberglass Subwoofer Box
-12” Alpine Type-R 4-ohm
-Rockford Fosgate 550.2
-GROM Audio iPod Adapter with 8GB iPod Nano
-Flat Black Grill with Gloss Black Emblem
-Gloss Black Rear Emblem
-Black Painted Calipers and Rotor Hubs
-Black Front Bumper Letter Inserts
-15 LED Board Interior Dome Lights
-License Plate LEDs
-PIAA Xtreme White Reverse Bulbs
-Cupholder Woodgrain
-Wood Shift Knob
-35% Tint
-Wheel Locks
-Trunk Tray
-UA6FTMFW License Plate
-Black OEM All-Weather Floormats

Future Plans (<1 year)
-Powdercoat Gunmetal A-Spec Wheels
-Delete Mid-Muffler
-Lip Spoiler
-Metal Pedals (in progress)

Future Plans (1 year +)
-Navi Swap
-ATLP Base Exhaust
-ATLP J-Pipe
-Throttle Body Spacer
-Coilovers
-Black Roof
-Staggered Wheels
-Slotted Rotors
Old 07-26-2010, 03:32 PM

I dont know what the TL specs call for regarding camber readings, but you're probably still within spec.

Whats with the front left though?

PS - Why does the 4g need to be a douche and not put a car cover on that thing so no one sees that abortion? Oh yea, hes parked wrong too.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I'd have them check the front camber again. It should be the same on both front wheels. The front right is way too close to center "0.0". Front left looks fine. Considering you didn't get a camber kit for the front and you're dropped on lowering springs, I'd venture to say something is bent on the front right suspension. Do you get vibrations??
Old 07-26-2010, 04:56 PM
05 AM TL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice car, makes me wish I got WDP. keep it up!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:15 PM

I dont know what the TL specs call for regarding camber readings, but you're probably still within spec.

Whats with the front left though?

PS - Why does the 4g need to be a douche and not put a car cover on that thing so no one sees that abortion? Oh yea, hes parked wrong too.
I have no idea why the front left is so "outta whack" compared to the other wheels. The car rides fine

No matter where I park the 4G is always next to me. If I was mean I would call security and get his shit towed for parking there

Originally Posted by NCTL05
I'd have them check the front camber again. It should be the same on both front wheels. The front right is way too close to center "0.0". Front left looks fine. Considering you didn't get a camber kit for the front and you're dropped on lowering springs, I'd venture to say something is bent on the front right suspension. Do you get vibrations??
I was considering calling them and trying to figure out why the two differ so much after the alignment.

A front camber kit is $250. Considering how slow work has been, that's out of reach for now.

The car rides fine except for sometimes when accelerating from a stop, I get a little bit of a shake in the steering wheel. It's not overbearing but it's noticeable.

Originally Posted by kevinballer08
Nice car, makes me wish I got WDP. keep it up!
Thank you sir
Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 PM

After changing both front axles, I've determined the "shake" around 25 mph (more like a shimmy) is just one of those characteristics about this car once it's been lowered.

About the camber...dude...one day I went to get an alignment...got my results, steering wheel ended up NOT straight. The following day went back, TOTALLY different numbers. I asked wtf, guy said "oh, machine is sensitive". I mean, what can I do. I do NOT think this indicates that your suspension is bent or has a problem at all.

Rear spec for camber is about -1, although I've gotten as negative as -1.4 with a green color (meaning still within spec). I don't think all this stuff is as precise as we make it to be in our heads, we get caught up with the numbers.

J.
ps...can't wait for those lights to show up...HK must be FAR! lol.
pps...the 4G ain't all that bad looking. IMO, it's getting old knocking the styling of it already, no?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 PM

pps...the 4G ain't all that bad looking. IMO, it's getting old knocking the styling of it already, no?
Yes. Its is that bad looking. And I refuse to stop until it is redesigned.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:39 PM

ur too much!
I mean, yes, in comparison to the 3G...but I feel liek that just starts teh whole thread war when a 4G person comes in here and I'm over it!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:50 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

A front camber kit is $250. Considering how slow work has been, that's out of reach for now.

The car rides fine except for sometimes when accelerating from a stop, I get a little bit of a shake in the steering wheel. It's not overbearing but it's noticeable.

Tyler the car is really looking sweet and you are doing your build like you should....Slow! A front camber kit is more like 150-170 but I understand with your finances how its not gonna happen. I got mine for 120 back in the day and it made a huge difference and how it handled. Night and day when you have them on all four corners. I just got 65,000 miles out of my nittos so you know I'm doing something right.

As far as the shim at low speeds. I have no idea what you guys are talking about....My car is low as anyone else and the car is smooth no matter what the speed so something is up. Just because its lower doesn't mean you have to have a vibration in the wheel. Tires, rims, balancing, alignment, front end bearings etc. have a lot to do with it but not the lowered suspension.

Keep up the great work Tyler and see you next month!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM

After changing both front axles, I've determined the "shake" around 25 mph (more like a shimmy) is just one of those characteristics about this car once it's been lowered.

About the camber...dude...one day I went to get an alignment...got my results, steering wheel ended up NOT straight. The following day went back, TOTALLY different numbers. I asked wtf, guy said "oh, machine is sensitive". I mean, what can I do. I do NOT think this indicates that your suspension is bent or has a problem at all.

Rear spec for camber is about -1, although I've gotten as negative as -1.4 with a green color (meaning still within spec). I don't think all this stuff is as precise as we make it to be in our heads, we get caught up with the numbers.

J.
ps...can't wait for those lights to show up...HK must be FAR! lol.
The shimmy isn't terrible and it doesn't happen every time I start from a stop, it's just occasional. As long as my specs are where Acura say they should be, I'm not going to worry about it. If I'm off a bit, I may take it for another alignment. Then again if I find a place to powdercoat my wheels, I'll be taking my wheels off again, therefore there's no point to pay for another alignment.

Like you said, I thought everything would be zeros across the board. I forgot that sometimes cars run a smidge of camber from the factory. That's just my perfectionist side coming out

Yes. Its is that bad looking. And I refuse to stop until it is redesigned.
ur too much!
I mean, yes, in comparison to the 3G...but I feel liek that just starts teh whole thread war when a 4G person comes in here and I'm over it!
Oh no! Not the dreaded 4G talk!

When it first came out I hated it. It's grown on me since then, especially when I see a 6-speed SH-AWD with the lip kit, but I still prefer the looks of the 3G. I must say that the interior of the 4G is WAY better looking than the 3G. If I could put the interior of a 4G in my 3G, we would have a winner.

Originally Posted by mmade22
Tyler the car is really looking sweet and you are doing your build like you should....Slow! A front camber kit is more like 150-170 but I understand with your finances how its not gonna happen. I got mine for 120 back in the day and it made a huge difference and how it handled. Night and day when you have them on all four corners. I just got 65,000 miles out of my nittos so you know I'm doing something right.

As far as the shim at low speeds. I have no idea what you guys are talking about....My car is low as anyone else and the car is smooth no matter what the speed so something is up. Just because its lower doesn't mean you have to have a vibration in the wheel. Tires, rims, balancing, alignment, front end bearings etc. have a lot to do with it but not the lowered suspension.

Keep up the great work Tyler and see you next month!
Thanks Jon! I really appreciate that comment. I remember seeing your car at the March 08 Charlotte meet. I told my self right then and there that I wanted my car to look like that eventually. Luckily I've had the resources and people supporting me to make it happen. I always talk about "wanting this" or "wanting that", but I truly am happy with how far my car has come in 2 years. Am I happy how much money it has cost me? No not really, but do I regret any of it? Hell no

Well I said $250 for the front camber kit because that's how much it is from HeelToe. I got on XLR8 and looked around for a bit. There are multiple kits to choose from but I don't know exactly what I need. What kit are you running upfront? Even though my specs aren't too bad, I can't afford to get a new set of tires every year because of a degree of camber/toe here or there.

Like I said in my reply above this one, the vibrations don't occur all of the time, or even daily. It's a few times a week when I accelerate slowly. My shop says everything looks okay so I'm not sure what I should do. I keep saying the hell with it but I don't want it to lead to anything else.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you and the "legendary 200k TL" next month! Mitzi will be coming with me as usual. Will you be dragging your wife with you? Mitzi and I really enjoyed talking with her at the last meet even though it was absolutely freezing out.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Just call me JB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car looks awesome man...I'm doing my best to catch up...check out my thread, I added some pics.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by JonBeast
Car looks awesome man...I'm doing my best to catch up...check out my thread, I added some pics.
Thank you sir! It's taken me two years to get my car to the point it's at now. You've got plenty of time! I'm headed over to your thread right now
Old 07-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
there's no point to pay for another alignment.
You mean you didn't get the lifetime alignment?? I knew the instant I started messing with my suspension that I would need more than one alignment. If you're going to Firestone spring for the lifetime alignment. I can't imagine paying $130 for every alignment.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 AM

I initially went for the 6 month alignment...then got wise and paid for the 3 year one. I wouldn't get lifetime cause it's lifetime on the car and I don't keep cars more than 3 to 5 years at most. Probably the same concept though.
About the specs...I'd be more concerned with them being the same left and right, or close. Our car comes from the factory with almost zero up front, and -1.0 in the rear. But, as people have said before, your TOE is the tire killer...as long at that's ok...you're ok.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:12 PM

ur too much!
When you put it that way, I will stop. I dont want Tylers thread to go OT.

After all, thats what my build thread is for :gheylaugh
Old 07-28-2010, 07:26 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Not sure if the wife will be coming with me to the meet. I wouldn't worry about the camber kit in the front as the most wear is from the rear. Getting the toe and camber in the rear in check is key....Rotate the tires every 5000 miles and sometimes more if you are doing a lot of city driving.

Firestone has the lifetime alignment and a brand new Firestone was built near my house with the new Hunter alignment machine. Eric loved it when I told him because the lift is level with the ground so no issues hitting the nose on the lift. He use to have to take his versus bumper off before so it could clear the lift.

Lifetime alignment is like a 150 bucks and you're done! No brainer for me as I have had mine done every 25000 miles. They lost on that deal! See ya in August Son!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know how I hadn't seen this before, but car looks good Very clean. I always wanted a white a-spec, too

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!