CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Group buy from Tim @ HondaAcuraPlanet:

http://www.hondacuraplanet.com/mm5/m...tegory_Code=SP

Ignore the expiration date. I paid $103 after shipping and they got here in about 6 business days

Thanks Alex! Mitzi was going to get me the floormats for Christmas but I didn't want to wait that long, so we split the cost

After hearing your ATLP Base in person, I'm itching to get it. It sounds amazing. At Sonny's when you first turned it on I said "Mitzi I want". She said no and then when you gave it some gas she said, "okay you can have it" haha. It's just too pricey considering work has been stupid slow.
Haha no way, I can't believe she liked it! That's cool

Don't worry about the exhaust just yet, I'm waiting to see the a-spec wheels powdercoated! You have the 245 width tires right? I imagine you would want to protect them as much as possible with the fresh finish
Old 07-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Soon I will have

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Tyler, your ride has come a looooooooooooooonngggg way from when I first met you. Looks hot, keep it up!!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
how did u get the crack off ur dash board........??????
Old 07-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Under construction

Originally Posted by 4211marvin
snorted that shit lol
The following users liked this post:
CLtotheTL32 (09-01-2012)
Old 07-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 373 Likes on 206 Posts
Originally Posted by alexsu
snorted that shit lol
omfg, lol
Old 07-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,260 Likes on 4,875 Posts
Originally Posted by alexSU
snorted that shit lol
Old 07-11-2010, 11:09 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
snorted that shit lol
LMFAO
Old 07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
snorted that shit lol
Haha...just went through a break up yesterday and that's the first time I've laughed in a while.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:05 AM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Haha no way, I can't believe she liked it! That's cool

Don't worry about the exhaust just yet, I'm waiting to see the a-spec wheels powdercoated! You have the 245 width tires right? I imagine you would want to protect them as much as possible with the fresh finish
Dude she loved it! She just didn't like the price tag

Yea I'm running 245s all the way around. I'm going to a place tomorrow to get a quote. Since work has been slow I'm hoping pops will spot me the money so I can have the wheels done before school starts. It's only a month away

Originally Posted by golfjwr
Tyler, your ride has come a looooooooooooooonngggg way from when I first met you. Looks hot, keep it up!!
Thanks Jesse! I really appreciate that man!

I remember the first Acurazine I went to when I was all donked up and shit. It was barely a year and a half ago and when I look at it like that, I'm more than pleased with how far my car has come. I hope I'll see you and the rest of the Charlotte crew sometime soon

Originally Posted by 4211marvin
snorted that shit lol
Alex that shit seriously made me LOL. Mitzi on the other hand shook her head and said "that sounds like something he would say".

Originally Posted by cjTL
Haha...just went through a break up yesterday and that's the first time I've laughed in a while.
Oh no

I'm sorry to hear man! I'm glad my thread is entertaining enough for you to get a good laugh. Feel free to create a thread in the "Dating and Relationships" section of the forum. My girlfriend and I will throw in our if you would like

Since my Macbook Pro took a shit on me earlier and exited my browser after typing all of this shit, this is the 2nd time I'm doing it. Y'all are lucky I'm not tired yet. Anyways...

7/12/10

Mitzi and I rode up 3.5 hours north to VA for a meet. It was a pretty good turnout considering it was organized less than a month ago. I saw some hot Acuras and chilled with some of the goons up there. Here's some WDP eye candy featuring my car and badazzTL-S's whip. I want his black roof...

Once we got home from the meet, Mitzi and I installed my new LED boards. (No I don't make her do all of this shit, she enjoys doing it). I ordered these 15 LED boards off of eBay after they were recommended by another forum member.

Want to know my opinion? They are STUPID bright. Seriously. Even Stevie Wonder could see while sitting in my car. It's fun blinding my friends when they get in the car though. Therefore I love them and highly recommend them

Onto tha pitchas!...

I tried to take a picture to show off my 6000k Kaixen bulbs but failed. This was the best one out of the 20 I took:

Old 07-12-2010, 01:14 AM

I loved the way the car looked when you driving behind me earlier.

BTW, I assume you made it to 295/95 easily after we split up?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm Craig

Oh no

I'm sorry to hear man! I'm glad my thread is entertaining enough for you to get a good laugh. Feel free to create a thread in the "Dating and Relationships" section of the forum. My girlfriend and I will throw in our if you would like
Thanks for the support man. It really is appreciated. I'll be alright- just have to deal with the sucky part for right now. I'm already feeling better though.

Since my Macbook Pro took a shit on me earlier and exited my browser after typing all of this shit, this is the 2nd time I'm doing it. Y'all are lucky I'm not tired yet. Anyways...

Those are so bright. I want those but at the same time everyone always comments on my blue LEDs. lol. Pretty cool that your girlfriend doesn't mind helping on your car.

And fellow Nikon D60/MacBook Pro user ftw.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,628 Likes on 1,768 Posts
awesome thread and a beautiful car!!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clean need different rims tho
Old 07-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Buddy, your car is clean and bright!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 PM

Thanks for the support man. It really is appreciated. I'll be alright- just have to deal with the sucky part for right now. I'm already feeling better though.

Those are so bright. I want those but at the same time everyone always comments on my blue LEDs. lol. Pretty cool that your girlfriend doesn't mind helping on your car.

And fellow Nikon D60/MacBook Pro user ftw.
Good to hear man! I know it's hard but you're only 17. I didn't really get into a serious relationship until I was 19 with my current girlfriend. Sometimes it just takes a few "hit and miss relationships" to finally get a good one

Personally I love my new LEDs. My old ones were more blue than white, but I got these primarily for the increased light output. Even though the old ones were bright, they don't compare to these boards. Plus for $24 shipped, it was worth the risk of not liking these.

Ballin' with D60s, MBPs, and TLs! Do you happen to have an iPhone or something else?

Originally Posted by Mr. Maker
awesome thread and a beautiful car!!
Thank you sir! It was nice meeting you and checking out your ride yesterday! You'll probably see me at the next VA meet

Originally Posted by NYsfinestTL
clean need different rims tho
Thanks! I want some Works but they are too expensive as of right now. I love my A-Specs since the 18 x 8.5 were only made for a year. Will I get different wheels eventually? You betcha. Will it be anytime soon? Hell no.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Buddy, your car is clean and bright!
Thanks Steven! I got into my car earlier forgetting that I swapped out the LEDs and the brightness caught me off guard

And thank you for changing the title of my thread every time I update it! I greatly appreciate it sir
Old 07-12-2010, 11:38 PM
ScoobyZINE

I am jealous of your new interior lighting!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm Craig

Personally I love my new LEDs. My old ones were more blue than white, but I got these primarily for the increased light output. Even though the old ones were bright, they don't compare to these boards. Plus for $24 shipped, it was worth the risk of not liking these.

Ballin' with D60s, MBPs, and TLs! Do you happen to have an iPhone or something else?
Only $24? Wow. That's about the price I paid for my four blue interior LEDs. I might have to try the white ones out just to see what they're like. It'd probably be nice to have actual usable interior light.

And yeah actually....just got a 32GB iPhone 4. lol.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,967 Likes on 14,485 Posts
Dude...bright doesn't seem to do those pictures justice, holy mother of jehova!

Link to those LED boards please?!?! For that price, I may have to jump on these. I mean, I love my LED's but DANG, these are amazing.

I have seen a white TL with white powdercoated aspecs and WOW...you will LOVE them. You'll hate keeping them clean but it's the price you pay to be pimped out. I felt the same way about the aspecs...didn't wanna change em, but eventually I decided it was time for a change...got my WORKS for pretty cheap though and slapped the aspecs on my GF's car.

J.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by AMUA6
I am jealous of your new interior lighting!
Thank you sir! I've provided two links for the LEDs at the bottom of this post. Check em out

Only $24? Wow. That's about the price I paid for my four blue interior LEDs. I might have to try the white ones out just to see what they're like. It'd probably be nice to have actual usable interior light.

And yeah actually....just got a 32GB iPhone 4. lol.
Yep they were $24 shipped from Hong Kong

The only downside to getting these is that they take over a week to get here. Considering my old ones worked just fine, I didn't mind waiting.

Son of a bitch, I want the new iPhone. I had the original and now I have a 3G. I'll wait until the bugs in the iPhone 4 are worked out and then I'll grab one.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Dude...bright doesn't seem to do those pictures justice, holy mother of jehova!

Link to those LED boards please?!?! For that price, I may have to jump on these. I mean, I love my LED's but DANG, these are amazing.

I have seen a white TL with white powdercoated aspecs and WOW...you will LOVE them. You'll hate keeping them clean but it's the price you pay to be pimped out. I felt the same way about the aspecs...didn't wanna change em, but eventually I decided it was time for a change...got my WORKS for pretty cheap though and slapped the aspecs on my GF's car.

J.
You're right, they are crazy bright. I love them though.

I've seen the WDP TL with the white A-Specs and even though I loved it, I'm not going to go that route. Since I have the original 18 x 8.5 A-Specs, I just want them to be the original gunmetal color. Incase I have to sell them in the future for some reason, I think I would have more people interested in a gunmetal set rather than a white set.

Ideally I would like to order some Work Emotions and slam my shit on coilovers but that won't be happening anytime soon

I took more pictures of the LEDs since y'all are drooling over them:

What they look like mounted:

Here's the original thread where I first saw these LED boards:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/15-led-board-map-dome-lights-763718/

Here's the link to the LEDs on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_3029wt_1139

Type in "4" into the quantity box and the price will change. They are $26.76 for all 4 shipped. Keep in mind they come from Hong Kong. I waited not quite 2 weeks for mine to get here.

Oh and here's the TLs garage mate:

Old 07-13-2010, 10:13 AM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Daammmnnn those are bright!! you know I'm ordering a set right now!! Your whip is looking good bro
Old 07-13-2010, 11:43 AM

Goddamn thats bright as hell. I wonder if theyll fit the CL
Old 07-13-2010, 10:15 PM

Thank you sir! I've provided two links for the LEDs at the bottom of this post. Check em out

Yep they were $24 shipped from Hong Kong

The only downside to getting these is that they take over a week to get here. Considering my old ones worked just fine, I didn't mind waiting.

Son of a bitch, I want the new iPhone. I had the original and now I have a 3G. I'll wait until the bugs in the iPhone 4 are worked out and then I'll grab one.

You're right, they are crazy bright. I love them though.

I've seen the WDP TL with the white A-Specs and even though I loved it, I'm not going to go that route. Since I have the original 18 x 8.5 A-Specs, I just want them to be the original gunmetal color. Incase I have to sell them in the future for some reason, I think I would have more people interested in a gunmetal set rather than a white set.

Ideally I would like to order some Work Emotions and slam my shit on coilovers but that won't be happening anytime soon
Kinda like this?!?!?

LOL...I'm such a jerk...I know...Works lowered not really slammed IMO on Tein SS. I actually have the 8.5 Aspecs too as my TL is an original Aspec from December of 03.
But they found a good home on GF's car for now...

I took more pictures of the LEDs since y'all are drooling over them:

Here's the original thread where I first saw these LED boards:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=763718

Here's the link to the LEDs on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_3029wt_1139

Type in "4" into the quantity box and the price will change. They are $26.76 for all 4 shipped. Keep in mind they come from Hong Kong. I waited not quite 2 weeks for mine to get here.

Oh and here's the TLs garage mate:

Nice Garagemate!
and THANK YOU for posting up the LED Ebay link, I SERIOUSLY may get these anyway and try and sell my other ones. These are insane!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm Craig

Nice Garagemate!
and THANK YOU for posting up the LED Ebay link, I SERIOUSLY may get these anyway and try and sell my other ones. These are insane!
Oh my god your car...

Old 07-13-2010, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Daammmnnn those are bright!! you know I'm ordering a set right now!! Your whip is looking good bro
Thanks man! Glad to help you get some new shit for your ride

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Goddamn thats bright as hell. I wonder if theyll fit the CL
I think they are a bit too big for the light housing in the CL. Granted I haven't sat in a CL since I got rid of mine but if I remember correctly they aren't that big

Nice Garagemate!
Ugh I want those wheels. Honestly you can't go wrong with any Work wheel. I've just got to narrow it down and then save my pennies. And those A-Specs look great on the Accord!

The G is my dad's but he lets me take it out every once in a while

I'm glad I have so many people interested in the LEDs. Let me know if you get them and what you think when you install them

Oh my god your car...

Bitch this is my thread. Only compliment my car okay?

I agree. That shit is hot.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm Craig

Bitch this is my thread. Only compliment my car okay?

I agree. That shit is hot.

Imagine those Emotions powdercoated in white...on your...errrm...a WDP...
Old 07-14-2010, 12:50 AM

Imagine those Emotions powdercoated in white...on your...errrm...a WDP...
I want.

But I have yet to find the money tree to make that happen
Old 07-14-2010, 06:48 AM

Lol...didn't check this since last night.
Thanks for the compliments, guys!
Def. didn't mean to threadjack, that's why I just threw the pics in your original quote. I just couldn't help it after you said what you said about Work's and being dropped.
My GF is funny, I bought 2 tires, she bought 2 and she STILL was thinking "ummm...I don't know if I want those rims on my car cause I can buy a lot of purses with a couple hundred bucks". Of course as soon as I test fitted them, she was like "OK...I love it". She's funny...I've coerced her to let me lower it on H&R's, add ebay fogs, HID's top and bottom. Now she gets a LOT of attention.

Anyway, back on topic...and I TOTALLY agree...these wheels powdercoated white would look amazing, but I can tell you they would be a BIZNITCH to keep clean! lol. THe Aspecs are a lot better at hiding the dust etc. I have to say your car has made a progression to something very classy and understated. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:00 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Tyler you've been doing work! I like it. I still remember your TL when you first got it and made your first few posts haha.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 PM
ScoobyZINE

^^^^
I once threw an 8000K HID kit I had laying around in my grandma's Bonneville lmao

Tyler's car has come a long way. I remember PMing him when I first joined asking about his headlights, since he lived relivently close to me

Cheers!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Under construction

Tyler, do you have the bright reverse lights installed or the license plate LEDs? If you don't I want to stop by your place sometime for a day and get it done maybe some 8000K headlights as well!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:26 PM

Lol...didn't check this since last night.
Thanks for the compliments, guys!
Def. didn't mean to threadjack, that's why I just threw the pics in your original quote. I just couldn't help it after you said what you said about Work's and being dropped.
My GF is funny, I bought 2 tires, she bought 2 and she STILL was thinking "ummm...I don't know if I want those rims on my car cause I can buy a lot of purses with a couple hundred bucks". Of course as soon as I test fitted them, she was like "OK...I love it". She's funny...I've coerced her to let me lower it on H&R's, add ebay fogs, HID's top and bottom. Now she gets a LOT of attention.

Anyway, back on topic...and I TOTALLY agree...these wheels powdercoated white would look amazing, but I can tell you they would be a BIZNITCH to keep clean! lol. THe Aspecs are a lot better at hiding the dust etc. I have to say your car has made a progression to something very classy and understated. Keep up the good work!
Don't worry, I didn't mind the pictures

If this wasn't my DD, I would be more willing to get a set of white wheels and all of that crazy looking shit. Since it's my only mode of transportation, I'm sticking to simple and clean just so nothing goes wrong and it's not a bitch to take care of. I've been considering getting a set of 15mm spacers all around though. Hmmmm.

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Tyler you've been doing work! I like it. I still remember your TL when you first got it and made your first few posts haha.
Thanks Eric! I remember when I was a noobie as well. Thanks for being nice to me even when I was donked up and had tint on my headlights

^^^^
I once threw an 8000K HID kit I had laying around in my grandma's Bonneville lmao

Tyler's car has come a long way. I remember PMing him when I first joined asking about his headlights, since he lived relivently close to me

Cheers!
I remember that PM as well! Thanks for the positive comment and I'm looking forward to seeing what changes your car undergoes as well

Tyler, do you have the bright reverse lights installed or the license plate LEDs? If you don't I want to stop by your place sometime for a day and get it done maybe some 8000K headlights as well!
I have PIAA Xtreme White bulbs, size 921, for the reverse lights. I have some 5 LED wedge base bulbs, size 168 each, for the license plate lights. I got the PIAA bulbs off of eBay and got the LEDs from superbrightleds.com.

Feel free to drop by whenever! I usually work Friday-Sunday so you can drop by anytime during the week. Just let me know a few days before you want to come over so I make sure I don't make any plans.

When the hell are you getting the A-Specs on?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 PM

True that...this IS my daily, but believe it or not, if you keep a nice coat of protection on a black car, it's really not THAT hard to keep clean. I mean, yes, I clean my car every 1 to 2 weeks, but it still looks good in between. And the RIMS hide stuff equally well. Yay!

About spacers, I've been considering it, but man, i KNOW then I'd have to roll fender and I was trying to avoid that.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:48 PM

PS...ordered 6 of these for 40 bucks shipped....(LED boards).
4 for inside my car
1 for my trunk
1 for my GF's interior (only 1 festoon type bulb lights up when she unlocks the car)

Thanks again for the info...one of my friends is gonna order too based on YOUR pics!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i havent been on this in a while but its nice to c ppl still doing the tl the right way! keep up the good work
Old 07-15-2010, 11:48 PM
ScoobyZINE

Too bad freakin Cary is 6 hours from me! FML lol I thought Cary, NC was a lot closer. I was gonna say we should meet up one day when we both have absolutely nothing to do That's a longassss drive. I'd have to make a vacation out of it and hit the coast lol

Sorry for this post being off topic lol
Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
looking good tyler
Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Under construction

Don't worry, I didn't mind the pictures

If this wasn't my DD, I would be more willing to get a set of white wheels and all of that crazy looking shit. Since it's my only mode of transportation, I'm sticking to simple and clean just so nothing goes wrong and it's not a bitch to take care of. I've been considering getting a set of 15mm spacers all around though. Hmmmm.

Thanks Eric! I remember when I was a noobie as well. Thanks for being nice to me even when I was donked up and had tint on my headlights

I remember that PM as well! Thanks for the positive comment and I'm looking forward to seeing what changes your car undergoes as well

I have PIAA Xtreme White bulbs, size 921, for the reverse lights. I have some 5 LED wedge base bulbs, size 168 each, for the license plate lights. I got the PIAA bulbs off of eBay and got the LEDs from superbrightleds.com.

Feel free to drop by whenever! I usually work Friday-Sunday so you can drop by anytime during the week. Just let me know a few days before you want to come over so I make sure I don't make any plans.

When the hell are you getting the A-Specs on?
I'll let you know for sure bro! The rims are going on before I visit you it's been wayyyy to long! lol
Old 07-18-2010, 09:14 PM

True that...this IS my daily, but believe it or not, if you keep a nice coat of protection on a black car, it's really not THAT hard to keep clean. I mean, yes, I clean my car every 1 to 2 weeks, but it still looks good in between. And the RIMS hide stuff equally well. Yay!

About spacers, I've been considering it, but man, i KNOW then I'd have to roll fender and I was trying to avoid that.
I try to wash my car every week but it keeps raining every time I think about washing it

I really want to get some 15mm spacers, but like you, I don't want to have my fenders rolled. Well let me rephrase, I don't want to PAY to have my fenders rolled. I'm sure they will get done eventually but that's not high on my priority list.

PS...ordered 6 of these for 40 bucks shipped....(LED boards).
4 for inside my car
1 for my trunk
1 for my GF's interior (only 1 festoon type bulb lights up when she unlocks the car)

Thanks again for the info...one of my friends is gonna order too based on YOUR pics!
Nice dude! I'm glad that you, your girlfriend, and your friend decided to get these for yalls rides! I promise you will not be disappointed! Make yourself a build thread and show off the lights when you get them in

Originally Posted by coreshredder
i havent been on this in a while but its nice to c ppl still doing the tl the right way! keep up the good work
Thanks man I really appreciate that

Too bad freakin Cary is 6 hours from me! FML lol I thought Cary, NC was a lot closer. I was gonna say we should meet up one day when we both have absolutely nothing to do That's a longassss drive. I'd have to make a vacation out of it and hit the coast lol

Sorry for this post being off topic lol
Yea man it's quite a drive to TN from here. We could always meet halfway in Charlotte

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
looking good tyler
Thank you sir! I've always been a huge fan of your RL. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for it

I'll let you know for sure bro! The rims are going on before I visit you it's been wayyyy to long! lol
Thank God Alex! About time you get those damn wheels on.

Another Charlotte meet has been announced in the Regions section. Check it out and put your name on the maaa fuckin' list!

So while getting a tire rotation last week, I find out that two of my tires are pretty much shot from camber/toe wear. I've been dropped since February and I'm pretty pissed that the tires didn't last that long. I never posted stats from my last alignment but I was running a degree of camber in the rear and none up front.

Anyways, to prevent me from going through tires every 6 months, I purchased an Ingalls Camber kit via Heeltoe. It will be going on sometime this week:

(ps check the new kicks )

I'm considering getting my mid-muffler deleted sometime soon as well. I don't want my car loud because it's pretty much stock but I think it's a little too quiet considering what my car looks like
Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 PM

Hey CL,

About the cleaning car thing...lately I've been washing it IN THE RAIN, lol. My GF thinks I'm crazy but at least that way when it stops it doesn't have all that dust and dirt everywhere. About the LEDs, I sure will...thanks again! I wish I had taken more "before" pics so I could have a better build thread. I think I CAN put something together but it will take some searching and creating a timeline. And to think, I planned on JUST getting tints when I bought it from my stepdad.

PS...if you do the delete, you NEED to get this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Go stage 3. Trust me, not too loud at all...but from what I've read, just the delete alone will disappoint. I've gotten MANY compliments on the exhaust sounding sporty, not raspy, not loud, and still very classy. PLUS, if you're driving normally, you don't really even hear it. It just has a great purrrrrrr in every gear. Especially for 6 speed manuals!

J.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Anyways, to prevent me from going through tires every 6 months, I purchased an Ingalls Camber kit via Heeltoe. It will be going on sometime this week
I've been looking into these too. I have a question about them. Is one end reverse threaded? As in "righty loosey-lefty tighty."? That way all you need to do to adjust it is turn the shaft.

Also, do your interior lights still dim out with the LED lights?

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!