CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,981 Likes on 14,492 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Tyler, I'd love to close the wheel well gap, but for $1,000, I'll live with it....
It makes a BIG difference in the look of the car Steven...BIG! I mean, if you don't mind it then definitely wouldn't bother, but once you go there...I doubt you'll ever own a non lowered car again. Just my opinion...
CL...works are back on the car...

...SHOCKER, right?!?! with the 20MM spacers it sits perfectly. I'll put some pics up in my thread soon.

What's next for you?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:07 PM
OREO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by odehboy
Your car is just how i like my burgers cooked... well done
+1
Old 10-24-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Originally Posted by Italiano
^Tyler i only payed $40 for my installation at the same place. I know a guy there and got the hook up
Wtf

Tyler, I'd love to close the wheel well gap, but for $1,000, I'll live with it....
I hear you man. Your TL-S is still hawt!

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Pfft, like 6 years ago. Where you been?

Its easy to up the post count when I have absolutely nothing of value to say
I won't disagree with that statement

Originally Posted by odehboy
Your car is just how i like my burgers cooked... well done
I like that! Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by rockstar143
It makes a BIG difference in the look of the car Steven...BIG! I mean, if you don't mind it then definitely wouldn't bother, but once you go there...I doubt you'll ever own a non lowered car again. Just my opinion...
CL...works are back on the car...

...SHOCKER, right?!?! with the 20MM spacers it sits perfectly. I'll put some pics up in my thread soon.

What's next for you?
Agreed! I can't see myself having another car with noticeable wheel gap. I can't say too much though since I'm only on springs

I'm glad you decided to keep the Works! They are so sexy. I would love to see those on my car sometime (hint hint, hehe). I'll be sure to check out your thread for the pictures.

Originally Posted by NYC04TL
+1

So the girlfriend and I went to the beach this past weekend and we took a ferry! Excuse the smashed bugs on the front...

I spy ATLP...

At the beach house:

Old 10-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
Old 10-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Thanks Tyler, I appreciate the kudos. And Rockstar, I know what you mean-the drop does really make a big difference. I just got through spending a TON of money on my house. I did a complete interior upgrade, including a remodeled kitchen and master bath. Plus, a lot more! Plus, I'll need brake pads and new tires soon-maybe before winter. I always consider installing Tein SS coils, but I'm not pulling the trigger on them right now.

What's next for me??? Well, I just installed the front illuminated logo from Amp'd Emblem. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with where my Type S is right now.... I appreciate the encouragement though. I always think about the coils and UR Pulley, I even think about the J-pipe from time to time. But first things first....brakes and tires.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-24-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Tight pics Tyler! There's a car ferry that goes from my mom's town (Muskegon, MI) across Lake Michigan to Milwaukee that I've always wanted to take a ride on. Takes about three hours. How long was that ride? I would've requested to sit in the TL. Seats are probably comfier anyway.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:46 PM

I know I know.

Thanks Tyler, I appreciate the kudos. And Rockstar, I know what you mean-the drop does really make a big difference. I just got through spending a TON of money on my house. I did a complete interior upgrade, including a remodeled kitchen and master bath. Plus, a lot more! Plus, I'll need brake pads and new tires soon-maybe before winter. I always consider installing Tein SS coils, but I'm not pulling the trigger on them right now.

What's next for me??? Well, I just installed the front illuminated logo from Amp'd Emblem. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with where my Type S is right now.... I appreciate the encouragement though. I always think about the coils and UR Pulley, I even think about the J-pipe from time to time. But first things first....brakes and tires.
Damn Steven! Congrats on the house renovations! A home will just about always give you a gain on your investment, a car not so much. You made the right move

Originally Posted by cjTL
Tight pics Tyler! There's a car ferry that goes from my mom's town (Muskegon, MI) across Lake Michigan to Milwaukee that I've always wanted to take a ride on. Takes about three hours. How long was that ride? I would've requested to sit in the TL. Seats are probably comfier anyway.
Thanks Craig! D60 FTW

Three hours? Jesus. This one was only about 30 minutes, from Oak Island to the mainland of NC. You had the option of staying in your car or walking around/sitting wherever. On the way from the island we walked around the boat and sat inside the cabin thing. On the way back to the island we leaned the seats back in the TL, opened the windows, and fell asleep. I was abruptly woken up by honking horns and the captain yelling at me to get out of the way (I was the first in my lane hehe).
Old 10-25-2010, 09:02 AM
3.5L...enough said

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Badass car bro...keep it up...looking real sharp!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
yumm exhaust!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
wow, I norm wouldnt like your kind of tails, but they really set your car off!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by 07TLTypeS420
Badass car bro...keep it up...looking real sharp!
Thank you

Like I've said about 5 times in this thread already, I'm trying to be done with the car for a while, but I doubt that will happen. I'm hoping to have the A-Specs powdercoated by March.

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
yumm exhaust!
Yumm RL

I'm going to miss your car You sure you are ready to move on?

Originally Posted by nivekov
wow, I norm wouldnt like your kind of tails, but they really set your car off!
Thank you! I never thought I would like tails like these either but they tie in my white/black theme nicely. I'm very happy with them!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Tyler just noticed you don't have a spoiler, any plans on getting one? Or a roof spoiler :yummi:
Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,981 Likes on 14,492 Posts
^^^that's funny, in my thread, everyone is telling me to lose the spoiler, in this one you're telling him to get one!
Steven, I agree 100%...getting your priorities straight comes with age I'm starting to see. If I was sure that I was going to keep my house I'd be doing some of those house mods myself. Congrats btw...nothing like coming home and feeling happy with the work you put in. The suspension can wait...
Tyler, the car looks great, nice and clean and the contrast on the white is perfect. About the works...maybe one day!! lol...who knows...I'm always changing my mind. For now, I know I'd lose a couple hundred bucks if I sold so I figure I might as well enjoy them for a while longer while I make up my mind.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Team Owner

Thanks Rockstar. Maybe I'll post some pics of the remodel in Ramblings.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by alexSU
Tyler just noticed you don't have a spoiler, any plans on getting one? Or a roof spoiler :yummi:
The only spoiler I would consider on my car is the lip spoiler. I'm not a fan of the wing spoiler or roof spoilers either. I feel like those two spoilers sort of disrupt the clean flowing lines of the top half of the car. Just my of course.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
^^^that's funny, in my thread, everyone is telling me to lose the spoiler, in this one you're telling him to get one!
Steven, I agree 100%...getting your priorities straight comes with age I'm starting to see. If I was sure that I was going to keep my house I'd be doing some of those house mods myself. Congrats btw...nothing like coming home and feeling happy with the work you put in. The suspension can wait...
Tyler, the car looks great, nice and clean and the contrast on the white is perfect. About the works...maybe one day!! lol...who knows...I'm always changing my mind. For now, I know I'd lose a couple hundred bucks if I sold so I figure I might as well enjoy them for a while longer while I make up my mind.
I don't blame you! I would keep them too. One day I'll have a set on my car but I'm content with the way my car looks right now. I really need to get the wheels refinished and clean up the rusty rear calipers and then I'll try to be done for a while. That ATLP J-Pipe has caught my eye though. Ugh when will it end?

Thanks Rockstar. Maybe I'll post some pics of the remodel in Ramblings.
I was getting ready to suggest that Steven! Get on it
Old 10-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Team Owner

I made the thread in Ramblings....here you go!

https://acurazine.com/forums/home-garden-37/mod-bug-has-hit-me-even-home-796376/
Old 10-27-2010, 09:28 PM

^Thanks Steven!

I hit 87,000 miles tonight. I'm getting close to 100k...time for a new car

No I'm not serious. Relax
Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm Craig

At the rate of new rattles appearing inside my car, I'm about ready for a new car.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by cjTL
At the rate of new rattles appearing inside my car, I'm about ready for a new car.
Amen. Ever since I added the exhaust, more shit has started to rattle and it drives me crazy. You know it's bad when my mom says something about it

I've been looking at 335's but I like having a car that stands out from other cars on the road, especially when I'm next to other TLs. Plus I think my parents would strangle me if I even mentioned getting a new car. I need to learn to be content with what I have and not keeping wanting more and more. I'm very fortunate to even have a TL.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm Craig

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Amen. Ever since I added the exhaust, more shit has started to rattle and it drives me crazy. You know it's bad when my mom says something about it

I've been looking at 335's but I like having a car that stands out from other cars on the road, especially when I'm next to other TLs. Plus I think my parents would strangle me if I even mentioned getting a new car. I need to learn to be content with what I have and not keeping wanting more and more. I'm very fortunate to even have a TL.
335=nice ass ride. If I were to choose a used car right this second...Audi A6 4.2 would be where it's at.

Amen to the second part! I could be driving a beater or not have any car at all, and for that, I'm quite blessed to have a 3G TL. Modding is just a hobby that makes you appreciate and love what you have more and more.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Three thumbs up! I've been behind on your thread man...I was away from the site for 2 months or so...damn...
Old 10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
TL has soooooooooo manyyyyyyy fuckin rattles it's crazy! Now that I don't have the exhaust, I hear everything haha Tyler just nail the throttle and the rattles with disappear....for a moment.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
i have 98k lol, plenty of life left in our cars. turn radio up, no more rattles
Old 10-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Racer

Nice addition Tyler...TL is looking nice.

BTW...what beach did you go to? The gf and I are coming to Raleigh this wknd, she wants to go shopping and I think we're gonna check out the Halloween thing in Clayton
Old 10-29-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
Three thumbs up! I've been behind on your thread man...I was away from the site for 2 months or so...damn...
Thank you sir! I noticed that you dropped off for a while but you came back in style (<-- Look I rhymed )

Originally Posted by alexSU
TL has soooooooooo manyyyyyyy fuckin rattles it's crazy! Now that I don't have the exhaust, I hear everything haha Tyler just nail the throttle and the rattles with disappear....for a moment.
For a moment. Fucking rattle box

i have 98k lol, plenty of life left in our cars. turn radio up, no more rattles
Damn you have 98k? It sure as hell doesn't look like it.

Originally Posted by TypeSinNC
Nice addition Tyler...TL is looking nice.

BTW...what beach did you go to? The gf and I are coming to Raleigh this wknd, she wants to go shopping and I think we're gonna check out the Halloween thing in Clayton
Thanks Brandon! I hope all is well down in G-Vegas

My girlfriend and I went to Oak Island, it's about 30 minutes south of Wilmington. It was a nice getaway but there wasn't shit to do down there. A lot of the stuff was seasonal so we had a hard time finding shit to do and places to eat at. I've heard that Clayton Fear Farm is scary as FUCK. I refuse to go
Old 10-29-2010, 09:36 AM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i didnt think clayton fear farm was that good...you should go to scarowinds...that shit is nutts plus riding all the rides at night is ftw
Old 10-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Racer

When did you black out the middle bar in your grill? I've been wanting to do that for a while, but I NEVER have time to personally do something to the TL
Old 11-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,281 Likes on 4,885 Posts
Your car needs more mustache.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Sigh... Looking at your clean, undamaged, car makes my eyes well up with tears. Gonna miss my car while it's in the shop getting the whole right side cleaned up from tonight's catastrophe on the way home.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Hello Officer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Very nice car and another great timeline thread. Keep it up!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:04 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
tyler, your TL is looking great. especially with the atlp addition.

was the ingalls camber kit hard to install? any pointers?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Your car needs more mustache.
Ew. Get that shit outta here.

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
Sigh... Looking at your clean, undamaged, car makes my eyes well up with tears. Gonna miss my car while it's in the shop getting the whole right side cleaned up from tonight's catastrophe on the way home.
I'm so sorry Sean

What the hell happened?

Originally Posted by It's Clutch
Very nice car and another great timeline thread. Keep it up!
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
tyler, your TL is looking great. especially with the atlp addition.

Thank you! Congrats once again on the drop!

I usually try to tackle projects myself but my car was in the shop getting an oil change, tire rotation, and tranny fluid change so I just had them install it since the car was in the air. They said it took about 45 minutes and was pretty straight forward. Sorry I can't offer any pointers.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
It's not hard to intstall. Just read the instructions and match up your parts correctly. There are two different length tubes and two different sized bushings.

One tip for you though. Once you get the nut off of the toe adjustment bolt keep turning the bolt 4-5 complete turns to break loose all the mud and rust. Unless you do that you might not be able to knock the bolt out even with a hammer. That happened to me. That was the only bolt to give me trouble.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
"ewa bound"

nic looking car bro, hey, when u ordered the led boards did they come with the adapter connectors, or u cut and spliced them in?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by NCTL05
It's not hard to intstall. Just read the instructions and match up your parts correctly. There are two different length tubes and two different sized bushings.

One tip for you though. Once you get the nut off of the toe adjustment bolt keep turning the bolt 4-5 complete turns to break loose all the mud and rust. Unless you do that you might not be able to knock the bolt out even with a hammer. That happened to me. That was the only bolt to give me trouble.
I agree

Originally Posted by badboy68
nic looking car bro, hey, when u ordered the led boards did they come with the adapter connectors, or u cut and spliced them in?
Thanks man!

The LED boards came with three different adapters that go on the end of the cord. You pick the wedge base one that fits in the TL, clip it into the wire connected to the board, and hook it up to the car!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LED board were really easy to install.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Chapter Leader (Northeast Florida)

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts
Love the sound of your ATLP exhaust. Nice setup .
Old 11-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
I'm so sorry Sean

What the hell happened?
A lady in an Armada figured it was wise to hit the accelerator from a parking lot when I was driving by in front of her. There's damage from the middle of the passenger front door to the rear quarter panel. The side skirt is a bit tweaked, and the right rear tire is shreaded from the fender digging into it. The wheel is probably toast as well. Sigh... Completely missed my off-white bumper!

Since I'm on a strict budget these days, and I didn't have a loaner clause on my insurance, I'm stuck driving a compact (Corolla) for a few weeks until the TL gets fixed. It's not a bad little car (the MP3/WMA/CD player is a nice touch). It will have to do for awhile.

I'm praying for a miracle when everything is repainted. It's bad enough that the bumpers and A-spec pieces are slightly off, but I don't need the right side of the car to have its own personality, either.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
3.5L...enough said

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Badass exhaust you got there
Old 11-25-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sandals
LED board were really easy to install.

One of mine flickers every once in a while though

Originally Posted by FYAH TL
Love the sound of your ATLP exhaust. Nice setup .
Thank you sir! I'm a huge fan of your 4G

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
A lady in an Armada figured it was wise to hit the accelerator from a parking lot when I was driving by in front of her. There's damage from the middle of the passenger front door to the rear quarter panel. The side skirt is a bit tweaked, and the right rear tire is shreaded from the fender digging into it. The wheel is probably toast as well. Sigh... Completely missed my off-white bumper!

Since I'm on a strict budget these days, and I didn't have a loaner clause on my insurance, I'm stuck driving a compact (Corolla) for a few weeks until the TL gets fixed. It's not a bad little car (the MP3/WMA/CD player is a nice touch). It will have to do for awhile.

I'm praying for a miracle when everything is repainted. It's bad enough that the bumpers and A-spec pieces are slightly off, but I don't need the right side of the car to have its own personality, either.
Damn Sean, that's rough man. I'm just glad you are okay! Any idea of when you are getting it back?

Originally Posted by 07TLTypeS420
Badass exhaust you got there
Badass car you have there

Small Thanksgiving Update: 11/2510

About this time last year I painted all of my calipers black. Sadly this past summer my rear calipers seized and had to be replaced. Since then, the new ones have become covered in rust and it's been driving me crazy. I got my Dremel out and got to work:

Before :

During:

After:

The rust on the rotor is annoying but there's nothing I can do about it. Oh well

Wheels back on:

You can't tell but my car is filthy:

Polished the exhaust :

Happy Thanksgiving!

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!