CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
I love this car.

Id cut out some of the carpet that goes on the decklid so it doesnt cover the amp but covers everything else.
Thanks Morgan! I really appreciate it man. I love your CL-S! You need to pick a damn set of wheels and stick with them though

I agree about the carpet but I'm not sure when that will get done. Maybe I should knock that out whenever I install the pedals I've had for a year and a half.

I'm calling a place tomorrow to get a estimate on powercoating my wheels. I'm hoping it won't cost an arm and a leg.

Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
Looks good, I need to make a nifty list like you.
Thank you sir.

And make a list! I like planning things out so I know what I should save for and what isn't important. You're moving so fast with your TL mods I'm not sure a list would do you any good
Old 06-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,260 Likes on 4,875 Posts
It shouldn't cost more then $100/wheel to get them coated.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:14 PM

It shouldn't cost more then $100/wheel to get them coated.
The guy I spoke to said pricing starts at $75 per wheel. That includes stripping, patching gashes, sanding, and the powdercoating. I'm going to ask Santa if he can come a little early this year
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 AM

If you have any curbage, you can fill it on your own with JB Weld. Spending the $20 on supplies now beats getting charged out the ass later IMO.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
Nice looking TL

thats what my TL wants to be when it grows up
Old 06-10-2010, 12:45 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm planning on doing the same set up. so all you did was wire the stock sub wires to the aftermarket sub, and wired the aftermarket sub to the amp?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM

If you have any curbage, you can fill it on your own with JB Weld. Spending the $20 on supplies now beats getting charged out the ass later IMO.
No curbage luckily. The paint is just old and it's starting to fade and flake off

Originally Posted by crazyasiantl
Nice looking TL

thats what my TL wants to be when it grows up

Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by AZN.M3NACE
I'm planning on doing the same set up. so all you did was wire the stock sub wires to the aftermarket sub, and wired the aftermarket sub to the amp?
Daniel did most of the wiring but yes I believe that's what he did.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by AZN.M3NACE
Used a LOC in between stock sub wire and aftermarket amp.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Damn son, good work!! Your not leaving anything stock lol gotta change out everything! Wish I had a sub did you replace any speakers or just the sub for now?

Oh why didn't you put the sub in the middle, through the hole in the
back seats? I don't anything about sound systems lol that's why I'm asking
Old 06-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
alex, only certain subs are free flowing meaning they dont have to be in an enclousre, and they usually do not perform as well as an enclosed sub, plus all of the rattling that the 3g rear deck has would still be a big issue.

tyler did you end up hooking that sub up yourself? that's a clean ass install. doesnt look like you added too much weight either.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
Used a LOC in between stock sub wire and aftermarket amp.
Coming from the install man himself ladies and gentlemen!

Originally Posted by alexSU
Damn son, good work!! Your not leaving anything stock lol gotta change out everything! Wish I had a sub did you replace any speakers or just the sub for now?

Oh why didn't you put the sub in the middle, through the hole in the
back seats? I don't anything about sound systems lol that's why I'm asking
Haha I do what I can. I'm not rolling in stacks of cash over here, but it's fun to save up and do something spur of the moment.

I took the stock sub out and put the 12" in the box. The rest of the speakers are stock unfortunantly. They will be replaced eventually but that takes more money than I'm willing to spend as of right now. I would rather focus my spending on other things such as powdercoating my wheels

And like Frank said in the post below, my Type-R isn't the right type of subwoofer to be put in the rear shelf. Plus I wanted the sleeper look

Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
alex, only certain subs are free flowing meaning they dont have to be in an enclousre, and they usually do not perform as well as an enclosed sub, plus all of the rattling that the 3g rear deck has would still be a big issue.

tyler did you end up hooking that sub up yourself? that's a clean ass install. doesnt look like you added too much weight either.
Nice explanation Frank

Daniel (Fulani has a TL) and I did the install. Well let me rephrase...Daniel did the install and I was the supervisor haha. I helped and I did what I could, but he was the one splicing into wires and shit like that.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm planning on putting the carpet back under the shelf where the amp is. I'm going to cut a hole where the amp is so it fits right in. The amp gets stupid hot so I need to make sure it has enough room to breathe.

This isn't a custom one of a kind set-up that you would see in car shows, but it gets the job done to say the least. Plus I have the extra bass without sacrificing trunk space. Win-win if you ask me
Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
I love this car.

You need to slow down Tyler, Im trying to catch up!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
So...where are these pics of the mirror you gave a custom paint job to the other night at the gas station?

Old 06-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Under construction

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Coming from the install man himself ladies and gentlemen!

Haha I do what I can. I'm not rolling in stacks of cash over here, but it's fun to save up and do something spur of the moment.

I took the stock sub out and put the 12" in the box. The rest of the speakers are stock unfortunantly. They will be replaced eventually but that takes more money than I'm willing to spend as of right now. I would rather focus my spending on other things such as powdercoating my wheels

And like Frank said in the post below, my Type-R isn't the right type of subwoofer to be put in the rear shelf. Plus I wanted the sleeper look

Nice explanation Frank

Daniel (Fulani has a TL) and I did the install. Well let me rephrase...Daniel did the install and I was the supervisor haha. I helped and I did what I could, but he was the one splicing into wires and shit like that.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm planning on putting the carpet back under the shelf where the amp is. I'm going to cut a hole where the amp is so it fits right in. The amp gets stupid hot so I need to make sure it has enough room to breathe.

This isn't a custom one of a kind set-up that you would see in car shows, but it gets the job done to say the least. Plus I have the extra bass without sacrificing trunk space. Win-win if you ask me
It looks real good though! Doesn't take up too much space like you said. Hopefully I'll be doing some audio mods shortly, the stock system is getting annoying :/

Did you wanna go darker for the wheels or try to stay with thr same color? I think Prine Wheels in Charlotte quoted me like $110 each to powdercoat my old A-specs, seems like it was a bit expensive. Hope you got a much better price

Originally Posted by cjTL
So...where are these pics of the mirror you gave a custom paint job to the other night at the gas station?

Holding out on us huh Tyler!? lol
Old 06-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
I love this car.

You need to slow down Tyler, Im trying to catch up!
Thanks Aaron! If my car was dropped like yours, it would look even better. I'm already sick of these springs

Have you done anything with your car recently? I think you need some ATLP in your life.

It looks real good though! Doesn't take up too much space like you said. Hopefully I'll be doing some audio mods shortly, the stock system is getting annoying :/

Did you wanna go darker for the wheels or try to stay with thr same color? I think Prine Wheels in Charlotte quoted me like $110 each to powdercoat my old A-specs, seems like it was a bit expensive. Hope you got a much better price

Holding out on us huh Tyler!? lol
Alex I'll be going the original gunmetal color when I get them powdercoated. There is a place in Winston Salem that does powdercoating starting at $75 per wheel. That price includes stripping the old finish off, sanding and filling in any curb rash or imperfections, and the powdercoating. I'll be calling them sometime this week to get an estimate. I wanted to see if my parents would split the cost with me for an early Christmas present but I don't think that will be happening

Don't worry CJ, I didn't forget ....Here's a picture of my mirror after it's encounter with a concrete wall:

I was at the gas station and a guy had his car parked in the middle of the only exit of the place. I tried to go around and I side swiped the wall. Luckily I was able to get most of the paint out when I washed the car a few days back. There are some scratches left over but those can just be added to the list of imperfections my car has

Here's a better shot of what I had to do with the trunk tray so it didn't sit under the sub. Once I attached the sidewall back to the tray with some Gorilla Glue and a hot glue gun, I spray painted it black so it blended in a little better. It's not pretty but it's functional

Old 06-13-2010, 05:50 AM
Under construction

Thanks Aaron! If my car was dropped like yours, it would look even better. I'm already sick of these springs

Have you done anything with your car recently? I think you need some ATLP in your life.

Alex I'll be going the original gunmetal color when I get them powdercoated. There is a place in Winston Salem that does powdercoating starting at $75 per wheel. That price includes stripping the old finish off, sanding and filling in any curb rash or imperfections, and the powdercoating. I'll be calling them sometime this week to get an estimate. I wanted to see if my parents would split the cost with me for an early Christmas present but I don't think that will be happening

Don't worry CJ, I didn't forget ....Here's a picture of my mirror after it's encounter with a concrete wall:

I was at the gas station and a guy had his car parked in the middle of the only exit of the place. I tried to go around and I side swiped the wall. Luckily I was able to get most of the paint out when I washed the car a few days back. There are some scratches left over but those can just be added to the list of imperfections my car has

Here's a better shot of what I had to do with the trunk tray so it didn't sit under the sub. Once I attached the sidewall back to the tray with some Gorilla Glue and a hot glue gun, I spray painted it black so it blended in a little better. It's not pretty but it's functional

Haha are you serious?? Damn that sux

This wouldn't have happened if our car's mirror could fold up at the touch of a button

$75 per wheel is really not that bad! I've seen quotes as high as $150 per wheel and that's just crazy!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:56 AM

Alex you are killing me with quoting my pictures. Remember I'm OCD about shit like that

Yes folding mirrors would have been great. Damn Acura skimping out on options.

Well pricing starts at $75 per wheel. Hopefully my quote is about $100 per wheel considering I don't want just white or black, I want the gunmetal to match. I just bought some dumb shit for my camera last night so I may need to pick up some more hours this week to make it happen
Old 06-13-2010, 11:03 AM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Is that sub in a box? Or am I missing something lol Maybe I chimed in at the wrong time.

Edit: Nevermind lol I see now after reading page 3 very nice Tyler! I remember PMing you when I first joined askin about the headlight mod lol You inspired me to do it way back when.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by AMUA6
Is that sub in a box? Or am I missing something lol Maybe I chimed in at the wrong time

Yes it's in a fiberglass box.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Under construction

^^ Tyler my bad bro! I don't see picture at work when I replied so I forgot all about it lol sorry man
Old 06-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Have you done anything with your car recently? I think you need some ATLP in your life.]
You don't even want to know what I have planned.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:24 PM

^^ Tyler my bad bro! I don't see picture at work when I replied so I forgot all about it lol sorry man
It's all good man.

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
You don't even want to know what I have planned.
Yes Aaron, I really do. Shoot me a PM or text and let me know!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:52 AM

I'm really temped to get the P2R Throttle Body Spacer. Anybody have this? Is it worth it?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:12 AM

I honestly didnt notice it when I installed mine.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nice progress bruh, car is looking great with all the mods
Old 06-14-2010, 02:04 PM

I honestly didnt notice it when I installed mine.
Well shit. Maybe it's not worth the $110 then.

Originally Posted by r3n3gad3II
nice progress bruh, car is looking great with all the mods
Thank you sir! I really appreciate it
Old 06-14-2010, 02:08 PM
1st TL-S on air in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm really temped to get the P2R Throttle Body Spacer. Anybody have this? Is it worth it?
I believe it is suppose to help out on the low end torque side. I got it but i also installed the j-pipe, pcd, race cat and aem cai at the same time so its hard to tell if it did anything.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by wrxyboy
I believe it is suppose to help out on the low end torque side. I got it but i also installed the j-pipe, pcd, race cat and aem cai at the same time so its hard to tell if it did anything.
Sorry I'm just now replying! I didn't realize you posted anything

I've decided to skip out on the TB Spacer and put that money towards other things.

UPDATE 7/8/10

I finally added a set of Kaixen 6000k Bulbs, via Excelerate, and a set of black OEM All-Weather Mats, via Tim's Group Buy, this past week. I hated how my stock 4300k bulbs looked yellow next to my switchbacks and my original floormats were beat up to hell so it was time for them to be replaced.

Floormats before:

Floormats after:

Yes my dashboard and my windshield are nasty dirty. Yes my shift knob is too high. And yes I only have the metal pedal installed on the dead pedal. Hopefully I'll be taking care of all of that soon

School starts in about a month and I'm trying to get my wheels powdercoated. Hopefully that will be going down soon. Well maybe not...my girlfriend's birthday is less than a month away and I haven't gotten anything for her yet

TL Mod List as of 7/8/10
-Full A-Spec Kit
-18 x 8.5 Gunmetal A-Spec Wheels
-245/40/18 Kuhmo Ecsta Platinum Tires
-TEIN S-Tech Springs
-K&N CAI
-Blacked-out Headlights with 48-led Switchbacks
-Blacked-out 07-08 Base Tails
-Smoked Tail Lights
-Smoked DEPO Sidemarkers
-GROM Audio iPod Adapter with 8GB iPod Nano
-Flat Black Grill with Gloss Black Emblem
-Gloss Black Rear Emblem
-Black Painted Calipers and Rotor Hubs
-Black Front Bumper Letter Inserts
-White Interior LEDs
-License Plate LEDs
-PIAA Xtreme White Reverse Bulbs
-Cupholder Woodgrain
-Wood Shift Knob
-35% Tint
-Gunmetal Centercaps with Black A
-Wheel Locks
-Trunk Tray
-UA6FTMFW License Plate
-Uncald4 Fiberglass Subwoofer Box
-12” Alpine Type-R 4-ohm
-Rockford Fosgate 550.2
-Black OEM All-Weather Floormats
-Kaixen 6000k HID Bulbs

Future Plans (<1 year)
-Powdercoat Gunmetal A-Spec Wheels
-Delete Mid-Muffler
-Lip Spoiler
-Metal Pedals (in progress)

Future Plans (1 year +)
-Navi Swap
-ATLP Base Exhaust
-ATLP J-Pipe
-Throttle Body Spacer
-Coilovers
-Black Roof
-Staggered Wheels
-Slotted Rotors

Last edited by CLtotheTL32; 07-08-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tyler, i see you have got things moving and grooving.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:56 PM

Cant wait to see it Sunday.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Goddd damn your car. OEM clean is my style and you seem to have nailed it pretty well. I like the new floor mats. I'm actually in the market for black carpet ones as my rubber ones are a PITA to keep clean.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sandals
Tyler, i see you have got things moving and grooving.
Yes sir! It's really addicting so I have put aside a certain amount of money each month that I tell myself I won't spend.

I see you changed your user name. What's new with your ride?

Cant wait to see it Sunday.
Thanks Morgan! I'm looking forward to the meet and checking out your ride as well. Try not to pay attention to the peeling paint on my wheels though

Goddd damn your car. OEM clean is my style and you seem to have nailed it pretty well. I like the new floor mats. I'm actually in the market for black carpet ones as my rubber ones are a PITA to keep clean.
Thank you sir! I really appreciate that

Are the rubber ones really that hard to keep clean? I figured I don't have to vacuum as often since I got these. Plus when they start to lose their color or look gritty, I can just spray some tire shine on there and wipe them down

Btw I bought something else for my car last week that I forgot about. Let's just say they were "light" on my wallet
Old 07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,967 Likes on 14,485 Posts
Lookin great, man.
The all seasons, although at first seem too utilitarian in the TL, end up being a godsend. Beach days, rainy days etc...it's all good.

About the headlight match, FOR SURE...gotta match bulbs that basically touch each other! Great job.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Looking sick man. I just cleared my headlights and put in the VLED switchbacks (Type 1). The damn resistors aren't here yet...hopefully tomorrow. Right now I got some hyper flash. Lol. And I spy a Car and Driver Magazine for passenger entertainment
Old 07-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Looks like the July issue too.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Lookin great, man.
The all seasons, although at first seem too utilitarian in the TL, end up being a godsend. Beach days, rainy days etc...it's all good.

About the headlight match, FOR SURE...gotta match bulbs that basically touch each other! Great job.
Thanks man! I'm really enjoying the all-weather mats so far. I'm glad I went with black ones, all of my friends approve, even pops and the girlfriend

I couldn't stand how the stock bulbs looked next to my switchbacks. Even though I've noticed a reduction of light output on the road at night, the 6000k bulbs are worth it without a doubt.

Looking sick man. I just cleared my headlights and put in the VLED switchbacks (Type 1). The damn resistors aren't here yet...hopefully tomorrow. Right now I got some hyper flash. Lol. And I spy a Car and Driver Magazine for passenger entertainment
I saw your pictures! They turned out great.

I had the "mexi-flash" for a week or two and it drove me crazy. Hopefully you get your resistors wired up soon!

And yes I always keep a few magazines in the car incase something happens. They are great when I'm sitting in the car waiting for my girlfriend to get ready and come outside

Looks like the July issue too.
Correct sir!

I added the August issue to my stash today. It's growing nicely
Old 07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
BTW...where did you get the floor mats from? How much?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Under construction

Damn you SOB! lol I want the floormats! Headlights look sexy now, I hate it when the bulbs don't match...mine don't :yuk: anyways, your car is pimp! Keep it up

Btw, remember Mitzi have access to this forum so you better start looking for a present cuz shell be mad dude lol hopefully she missed what you said earlier haha
Old 07-10-2010, 10:32 PM

BTW...where did you get the floor mats from? How much?
Group buy from Tim @ HondaAcuraPlanet:

http://www.hondacuraplanet.com/mm5/m...tegory_Code=SP

Ignore the expiration date. I paid $103 after shipping and they got here in about 6 business days

Damn you SOB! lol I want the floormats! Headlights look sexy now, I hate it when the bulbs don't match...mine don't :yuk: anyways, your car is pimp! Keep it up

Btw, remember Mitzi have access to this forum so you better start looking for a present cuz shell be mad dude lol hopefully she missed what you said earlier haha
Thanks Alex! Mitzi was going to get me the floormats for Christmas but I didn't want to wait that long, so we split the cost

After hearing your ATLP Base in person, I'm itching to get it. It sounds amazing. At Sonny's when you first turned it on I said "Mitzi I want". She said no and then when you gave it some gas she said, "okay you can have it" haha. It's just too pricey considering work has been stupid slow.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:59 PM

After hearing your ATLP Base in person, I'm itching to get it. It sounds amazing. At Sonny's when you first turned it on I said "Mitzi I want". She said no and then when you gave it some gas she said, "okay you can have it" haha. It's just too pricey considering work has been stupid slow.

Quick Reply: CLtotheTL32-My Asparasocks/BS Thread !!