**Official GReddy EvoII Group Buy Thread** ends 8/31/2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:09 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rooki
Chrises (GREDDY) email address??
You missed him at this point, he is on vacation for a few days...

chrisl at greddy dot com
Old 12-20-2007, 08:22 AM
8AT > 6MT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i think all of you guys complaining about exhaust noise and drone are silly. if you buy an exhaust, you have to expect these things.... "i want an exhaust, but i want noise, but not too much, i want it to sound better than stock, but no noise/drone, blah blah blah..." HAHHAHAHAHA
Old 12-20-2007, 08:23 AM
8AT > 6MT

[IMG]DSCN0464[/IMG] I see numerous people have reported damages to exhaust. My complaint should fall right in line. Left exhaust canister scratches located top and side of canister.
top of the exhaust is gonna be hidden by your car anyways...common...get over it...it's gonna get banged up under there anyways....now if you have DENTS, that's a different story
Old 12-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Revolution SignWorks
top of the exhaust is gonna be hidden by your car anyways...common...get over it...it's gonna get banged up under there anyways....now if you have DENTS, that's a different story
pointed noted.

I did dry fit the exhaust system (not tighten); the side scratches are noticable when mounted. However, I can live with that.

exhaust pipe end that meets cat. converter- nut hole(3 holes precut) one of them are CRACKED.

If I tighten it down I'm sure it will break. (thats the end sticking out of the box)

Don't know the importance of having all three nuts tighten or if I can make do w/ just 2 nuts??

Understand that this is not a complaint rather information for GREDDY to evaluate shipping options i.e. material, box, company etc.

I'm frustrated....time, money, anticipation. YOU put yourself in my shoes.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think all of you guys complaining about exhaust noise and drone are silly. if you buy an exhaust, you have to expect these things.... "i want an exhaust, but i want noise, but not too much, i want it to sound better than stock, but no noise/drone, blah blah blah..." HAHHAHAHAHA
Point taken as we all expected drone/noise, but it is hella loud. My girlfriend can hear me coming a block away when coming down her street Many of us didn't come from a ricer vehicle prior to this.

The drone is louder than the straight pipes my dad has on his 66 Chevelle Supersport with a 454 in it.................

So yes I will get a resonator or a mid muffler to reduce the drone........I love the sound at start-up and at wot, but when you spend 95% of your time driving at 2k to 3k rpm's it does get annoying.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
I'm actually getting used to the drone and am liking it some. Or I'm just getting used to it in the back ground and ignoring it automatically.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is pissing me off, am I the only one that still didn't get his exhaust in the mail yet?????
Old 12-20-2007, 01:10 PM
it's 4:20

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Silly huh????? HAHAHAHA you have wheels spacers.....I want wheels but ones that clear my brakes.....
Old 12-20-2007, 01:17 PM
The Darker the berry....

Originally Posted by lembowski
Point taken as we all expected drone/noise, but it is hella loud. My girlfriend can hear me coming a block away when coming down her street Many of us didn't come from a ricer vehicle prior to this.

The drone is louder than the straight pipes my dad has on his 66 Chevelle Supersport with a 454 in it.................

So yes I will get a resonator or a mid muffler to reduce the drone........I love the sound at start-up and at wot, but when you spend 95% of your time driving at 2k to 3k rpm's it does get annoying.
Does anybody here have a few hundred miles on the exhaust? I'm wondering if the sound gets better or lessened after the exhaust "breaks in" a little. Your comment about people hearing you coming from down the block concerns me - that gets REALLY annoying after a while - I'm getting flashbacks to my 94 Civic days... don't wanna go back to that...

BTW - nobody answered my question as to where and how much for that AERO resonator.... Please advise - seems a shame to have to spend more $$ and void the warranty to quiet down this exhaust, but at least we got it at a discount....
Old 12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
i've never owned a "ricer" or an aftermarket exhaust, but I don't think it is that loud...i know this is a very subjective thing, but i am already used to the sound and i love the look.

...as for the Aero resonator, google it:

here is one for $52 shipped:
http://moesperformance.com/index.php...oducts_id=1682
Old 12-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by jetblakTL
Does anybody here have a few hundred miles on the exhaust? I'm wondering if the sound gets better or lessened after the exhaust "breaks in" a little. Your comment about people hearing you coming from down the block concerns me - that gets REALLY annoying after a while - I'm getting flashbacks to my 94 Civic days... don't wanna go back to that...

BTW - nobody answered my question as to where and how much for that AERO resonator.... Please advise - seems a shame to have to spend more $$ and void the warranty to quiet down this exhaust, but at least we got it at a discount....
No the sound doesn't lessen at all, and I have put on over 1000 since I put it on. Drove from San Diego to Phoenix and back this weekend.

Its starting to get really annoying. Maybe I just drive too much, or my idea of "loud" in an exhaust comes from American cars where it gurgles and sounds mean. This sounds like a ricer on steorids. Becareful on your resonator selection, as some will make the exhaust louder........
Old 12-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Drove from San Diego to Phoenix and back this weekend.

That's 738 miles round trip... I have made that drive countless times. Hope you enjoyed your stay in the ginourmous city of Phoenix!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by twigglius
That's 738 miles round trip... I have made that drive countless times. Hope you enjoyed your stay in the ginourmous city of Phoenix!
Yeah plus normal driving from the week before. Always have a great time in AZ, I went to school at ASU.........
Old 12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Yeah plus normal driving from the week before. Always have a great time in AZ, I went to school at ASU.........
<<me too. Graduated in dec 2001.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:20 PM

Hopefully have the aero ar25 installed tomorrow...if it arrives...

I think the exhaust sounds great when not in "the drone zone".. Great product and as always quality craftsmanship....
Old 12-20-2007, 06:42 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Alright guys; Here it is....Going wide open on EVO 2 EXHAUST. These vids are short...but sweet. Hook up some quality speakers and enjoy!

PART 1;
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=CIMG1065.flv

PART 2;
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=CIMG1066.flv
Old 12-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
this is with a comptech SC right? I definitely don't want my car to sound like that...
Old 12-20-2007, 07:48 PM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lights
this is with a comptech SC right? I definitely don't want my car to sound like that...
what you been smokin man? :gheyhug: that sounds awesome!
Old 12-20-2007, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by mrlunecy
Alright guys; Here it is....Going wide open on EVO 2 EXHAUST. These vids are short...but sweet. Hook up some quality speakers and enjoy!

PART 1;

PART 2;
lol...one day my friend one day...i need boost!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 PM
8AT > 6MT

pointed noted.

I did dry fit the exhaust system (not tighten); the side scratches are noticable when mounted. However, I can live with that.

exhaust pipe end that meets cat. converter- nut hole(3 holes precut) one of them are CRACKED.

If I tighten it down I'm sure it will break. (thats the end sticking out of the box)

Don't know the importance of having all three nuts tighten or if I can make do w/ just 2 nuts??

Understand that this is not a complaint rather information for GREDDY to evaluate shipping options i.e. material, box, company etc.

I'm frustrated....time, money, anticipation. YOU put yourself in my shoes.
i agree my friend, cracked flanges are no good...and again, i do agree with you that the packing is DEFINITELY the worst. fortunately for me i was able to pick them up....but i think in your shoes, it's definitely a complaint and it should be because that's not the way it should have came. they should know that when an exhaust gets shipped, it will move around due to it's weight, and because of this, they should have packed that box so that nothing moved around period.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Racer

I aM GOING To attend Arizona State Unviersity next year as afreshmen, WOOT
Old 12-20-2007, 10:19 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Schulminator
Silly huh????? HAHAHAHA you have wheels spacers.....I want wheels but ones that clear my brakes.....
=D yeah, very silly...yeah i have wheel spacers, but just like greddy is doing, Mackin made up to me by getting me hub centric wheel spacers and extended studs...so now it fits the same...what's the big deal?

plus if i sell these wheels, which eventually i will and possibly to someone who owns an AT model, it'll fit their car perfectly without spacers or if i get my S2000 at the end of 2008 like i plan, that car uses high offset wheels anyways so wtf does it matter cuz it'll fit anyways?....i'm okay with what i have.... you may think it's silly i have spacers, a lot of people wont even THINK about buying wheels if they had to use spacers.

either way, i still think it's silly how people are buying an exhaust, and expect that it should have less noise or the same noise...exhaust = more noise, get over it...if you didn't want noise, don't buy an exhaust. There's plenty of threads that i've seen of people who just remove their stock resonator to get a little more out of it....could have done that...way cheaper too....

Greddy asked everyone if they wanted a resonator or not, or smaller piping or something like that. I don't remember exactly but noise was talked about and majority of the people, voted for more power > noise. The people who wanted less noise over power shouldn't have bought an exhaust....anyways, my two cents...not trying to start a fight.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:22 PM
8AT > 6MT

PART 1;

PART 2;
wow, that sound makes me wet....good job
Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Team Anthracite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PART 1;

PART 2;

perfect video!!!

sounds perfect!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Team Anthracite

=D yeah, very silly...yeah i have wheel spacers, but just like greddy is doing, Mackin made up to me by getting me hub centric wheel spacers and extended studs...so now it fits the same...what's the big deal?

plus if i sell these wheels, which eventually i will and possibly to someone who owns an AT model, it'll fit their car perfectly without spacers or if i get my S2000 at the end of 2008 like i plan, that car uses high offset wheels anyways so wtf does it matter cuz it'll fit anyways?....i'm okay with what i have.... you may think it's silly i have spacers, a lot of people wont even THINK about buying wheels if they had to use spacers.

either way, i still think it's silly how people are buying an exhaust, and expect that it should have less noise or the same noise...exhaust = more noise, get over it...if you didn't want noise, don't buy an exhaust. There's plenty of threads that i've seen of people who just remove their stock resonator to get a little more out of it....could have done that...way cheaper too....

Greddy asked everyone if they wanted a resonator or not, or smaller piping or something like that. I don't remember exactly but noise was talked about and majority of the people, voted for more power > noise. The people who wanted less noise over power shouldn't have bought an exhaust....anyways, my two cents...not trying to start a fight.
i remember about the piping but dun remember about the resonator?!?!?!?.....
Old 12-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Pro

Totally agree, Now are you guys ready for this??? I got my exhaust today at 4pm, got it put on by 6pm, and got my first warning summons ticket from the, "New York pricks and dicks (nypd) at 6:20 pm ha ha ha ha ha. They stopped me, a gorgeous sti and a mazda at the same time. It's not that loud though, they were just trying to make their quota.

I LOVE IT! I'll repeat I LOVE THE LOOK THE SOUND and THE EXTRA LITTLE BOOST I FEEL.

by the way greddy, is there any proof you can provide to reassure the court that the exhaust is street legal and meets the db requirements for when I have to go fight this ticket in court? Seriously it would help.

After that, I rode home and another wdp gave me the thumbs up on the Lie at around 11:00pm. Ahhh, a day in the life of driving a hot whip!
Old 12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by aznbenz07

Totally agree, Now are you guys ready for this??? I got my exhaust today at 4pm, got it put on by 6pm, and got my first warning summons ticket from the, "New York pricks and dicks (nypd) at 6:20 pm ha ha ha ha ha. They stopped me, a gorgeous sti and a mazda at the same time. It's not that loud though, they were just trying to make their quota.

I LOVE IT! I'll repeat I LOVE THE LOOK THE SOUND and THE EXTRA LITTLE BOOST I FEEL.

by the way greddy, is there any proof you can provide to reassure the court that the exhaust is street legal and meets the db requirements for when I have to go fight this ticket in court? Seriously it would help.

After that, I rode home and another wdp gave me the thumbs up on the Lie at around 11:00pm. Ahhh, a day in the life of driving a hot whip!
i think a sticker profing the noise level is good! =)
Old 12-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Pro

PART 1;

PART 2;
Is it me or does it seem like this car isn't moving very fast, No disrespect? I mean I like your car a lot and we've even pm'd each other about the supercharger, but seriously with the exhaust and all the mods you have... It doesn't seem to be moving very fast. Is the supercharger worth it or is it more because you have an automatic? Once again, I mean you no disrespect I'm just asking cause I'm about to get s/c'd and you have the same exhaust so it's a very relative comparison. I just have 6spd so were you pushing it to the limit? I know it says w.o.t, also did I mention that I love the sound
Old 12-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by tidus888
i think a sticker profing the noise level is good! =)
did it come with one?
Old 12-21-2007, 12:40 AM

VIDEOs!

Heres some videos....the drive by it was a little wet outside to i really couldnt get much traction..exhaust sounds so good! couldnt ask for more...
Sounds like a bad ass nitrous car but its just the poor traction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0WSDmysy_k

here is a in car..i accelerated normally then put cruise control on at 74mph in 6th gear..drone isnt that bad for all that say it is...check it out..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nivf6WVujA4
Old 12-21-2007, 04:27 AM
tuning / modding newbie.

Originally Posted by type-s09
Heres some videos....the drive by it was a little wet outside to i really couldnt get much traction..exhaust sounds so good! couldnt ask for more...

here is a in car..i accelerated normally then put cruise control on at 74mph in 6th gear..drone isnt that bad for all that say it is...check it out..
no question... I love the sound.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:31 AM
B A N N E D

Is it me or does it seem like this car isn't moving very fast, No disrespect? I mean I like your car a lot and we've even pm'd each other about the supercharger, but seriously with the exhaust and all the mods you have... It doesn't seem to be moving very fast. Is the supercharger worth it or is it more because you have an automatic? Once again, I mean you no disrespect I'm just asking cause I'm about to get s/c'd and you have the same exhaust so it's a very relative comparison. I just have 6spd so were you pushing it to the limit? I know it says w.o.t, also did I mention that I love the sound
Looked ok on my PC...

Note though...I have raced at autocrosses against NA TL's of the same year as mine and my time was only a second or so faster on a 58 second course and I am a veteran autocrosser. (supercharged against NA) This was prior to a proper tire on my car though and we were both running street tires.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:12 AM

Not tyring to start a fight either, I just find it funny on how you laugh about it. I don't remember them asking about a resonator, only on the larger diameter piping. It's really not that bad, but I'm thinking about the future with kids back there, and being hard to hear them. I originally voted for the SP series, which I think everyone would like a bit better, for a car like the TL.

Have a good holiday....
Old 12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

I think your's may actually be a little quieter in the car than mine is. I'll have to try doing a video for comparison on the sound degradation during the recording to see if it is similar to yours.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:33 AM
The Darker the berry....

Type-S09 - wholly crap that sounds good - if mine sounds like that, I'm not changing a thing. Great video!!!

Aznbenz07 - are you serious that 5-0 pulled you over to warn you about your exhaust?!?!? Wuz it in the boros or LI? Gimme a break, they gotta have better things to do..... I'm installing mine tomorrow AM - can't wait - we might be the only 2 NYCers with this exhaust.... see ya on the LIE !!!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Advanced

GOod to hear that you like it. How is the noise level in the cabin? What is the sommons really about though? I got mine but I am afraid of the noise haha...
Old 12-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

your videos sounds much nicer for me than the other videos......
Old 12-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I love it more and more every day. I can notice a little more pick up in acceleration, too. VERY HAPPY!
Old 12-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jetblakTL
Type-S09 - wholly crap that sounds good - if mine sounds like that, I'm not changing a thing. Great video!!!

Aznbenz07 - are you serious that 5-0 pulled you over to warn you about your exhaust?!?!? Wuz it in the boros or LI? Gimme a break, they gotta have better things to do..... I'm installing mine tomorrow AM - can't wait - we might be the only 2 NYCers with this exhaust.... see ya on the LIE !!!
I'd love to see another one with this exhaust. like I said so far, other TL's saw/heard me on the parkway and were just like

kin12345- The ticket is a summons to come to court but no price is on it. It just says to come in to court on a specified date. I have PLENTY of video footage coming of cabin noise.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Pro

By the way, luckily I had minimal damage! One dent, that's it.

The examination by my sidekick

A little excitement!

Lined up evenly, (the camera is a little tilted though)

more excitement!

minimal damage.

Quick Reply: **Official GReddy EvoII Group Buy Thread** ends 8/31/2007