**Official GReddy EvoII Group Buy Thread** ends 8/31/2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
i already set off couple alarms, what are u talking about? lol.. and i FKIN LOVE EVERY BIT OF SETTING OFF THE CAR ALARM. thank you greddy..

drone is harsh on the bottom end. This is a loud exhaust for the newbies. I like it, none the less. Just don't take this car out when u are goin for a 2+ hour drive. I can gaurantee that you will hate it.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where Do I Order Mine!!!!!!!!????????????????????? =)
Old 12-26-2007, 12:36 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jetblakTL
I've never seen these things in my life - how the hell do they install? Do you just shove them up the ass of the mufflers? Do they really work? It couldn't be this easy...

you've never seen a silencer... yeah bro install in 2 minutes, 1 minute per side... its that simple

you will need 2 one for each side (they go inside the canister and screw in to a whole the exhaust should have on the bottom) if the hole is not there it takes 2 seconds to drill a whole on both sides
Old 12-26-2007, 10:33 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I just got mine installed today. Finally! Man, the sound upon start up is amazing! The drone is really bad out on the open highway, especially for those who cruise between the 2K - 3K mark like I do. However, in the city, it's not as bad. If bikers and those guys in the lifted trucks or Mustangs with loud exhaust don't get pulled over, I'm not gonna worry about mine.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, let me see if i can get some of these questions answered.

Resonator Suggestions:
I actually don't have any suggestions for resonators since i really don't deal with other companies products. We unfortunately do not sell resonators separately either. For those who want to do this though, again realize that you will be voiding the warranty, but if you must do it, i suggest going with a brand that has been tested within the community (or alternative car community) so that you have an idea of how it performs and holds up. And yes, it would be best that it is made of stainless steel to prevent rusting. As for the welds and rusting, most muffler shops don't TIG weld (unless you ask), so make sure you cover the weld with paint if it's not TIG welded.

Sound Regulations:
We stopped issuing documents stating that the systems fall under 95dB long ago, since here in CA, the California State Referee is the final word on these types of things. Cops here issue tickets at their own discretion, no matter what documentation you have from the manufacturer of the part. The only documentation that will be 100% legitimate (in court at least) is paperwork from the CA State Referee. Sound tests from the state referee are free here, so we suggest all of our customers to do the test and get documentation that the system meets the 95dB limit.

Not sure what other states do in terms of sound tests and documentation, but all of our Evo2 systems are tested to meet the 95dB requirement.

I'll be here for the rest of the week (another 4 day weekend for the new year), so post up with more questions if there are any.

Happy Holidays!!!!

-Chris
Old 12-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Feenin on some 20's

^ so where can we do the sound tests?
Old 12-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Instructor

Call your local city court, dial information or search the phone books for your local California State Referee.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Where are the Lunch Trays

Anyone in the Memphis, TN area want to show me their exhaust?
I'm pretty sure there isn't too many, if any at all, people from Memphis on AZine...
Haha...

I didn't catch the group buy, but I did buy the GReddy Evo II's from a member on the forum.
They should be coming in within the next week or so.
Most of the reactions are pretty positive so I am pretty excited.

I'll be sure to post up a bunch of pictures and maybe some videos when I install the Exhaust!
Old 12-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Advanced

Chris,
Do u think if I add 2 resonators would help to cut the drone in half?

Originally Posted by GReddy Performance
Ok, let me see if i can get some of these questions answered.

Resonator Suggestions:
I actually don't have any suggestions for resonators since i really don't deal with other companies products. We unfortunately do not sell resonators separately either. For those who want to do this though, again realize that you will be voiding the warranty, but if you must do it, i suggest going with a brand that has been tested within the community (or alternative car community) so that you have an idea of how it performs and holds up. And yes, it would be best that it is made of stainless steel to prevent rusting. As for the welds and rusting, most muffler shops don't TIG weld (unless you ask), so make sure you cover the weld with paint if it's not TIG welded.

Sound Regulations:
We stopped issuing documents stating that the systems fall under 95dB long ago, since here in CA, the California State Referee is the final word on these types of things. Cops here issue tickets at their own discretion, no matter what documentation you have from the manufacturer of the part. The only documentation that will be 100% legitimate (in court at least) is paperwork from the CA State Referee. Sound tests from the state referee are free here, so we suggest all of our customers to do the test and get documentation that the system meets the 95dB limit.

Not sure what other states do in terms of sound tests and documentation, but all of our Evo2 systems are tested to meet the 95dB requirement.

I'll be here for the rest of the week (another 4 day weekend for the new year), so post up with more questions if there are any.

Happy Holidays!!!!

-Chris
Old 12-27-2007, 01:53 AM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
just got caught up on my reading, post holiday.

Originally Posted by aznbenz07
Is it me or does it seem like this car isn't moving very fast, No disrespect? I mean I like your car a lot and we've even pm'd each other about the supercharger, but seriously with the exhaust and all the mods you have... It doesn't seem to be moving very fast. Is the supercharger worth it or is it more because you have an automatic? Once again, I mean you no disrespect I'm just asking cause I'm about to get s/c'd and you have the same exhaust so it's a very relative comparison. I just have 6spd so were you pushing it to the limit? I know it says w.o.t, also did I mention that I love the sound
LOL. No disrespect taken man, but the video was taken from a digital photo camera and the sense of speed isn't quite there. I know, when I first saw my vids, I thought it looked slow, too. But don't be fooled...I was screaming past 80 when I passed my "camera man". on both runs. Shit, but it looks like 30 mph, huh? lol.

Any way you cut it; cars, w/ identical mods, pound for pound, an MT is always gonna have the advantage over an AT. MT's also pick up the most gains w/ each modification. But it doesn't mean us S/C'd 5AT's can't eat some V8s for breakfast!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kin12345
Chris,
Do u think if I add 2 resonators would help to cut the drone in half?
When I get back home I going to go to a shop here that builds custom exhausts and ask them what they suggest to do the same thing. I'm gonna guess it will take a mid-muffler more than a resonator. I know they do Tig welding there so I'm not worried.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:29 AM
The Darker the berry....

Originally Posted by lembowski
When I get back home I going to go to a shop here that builds custom exhausts and ask them what they suggest to do the same thing. I'm gonna guess it will take a mid-muffler more than a resonator. I know they do Tig welding there so I'm not worried.
That's my plan over the next couple of days, too. I've got a Midas and a Meineke close to my house but I'm not sure if they know what they are doing. I'll check them, but I'm gonna try to look up a custom exhaust shop too and see what they say. I don't want to experiment with this thing and mess it up. From my experience, most of the custom shops around here deal with performance american cars - I'll probably get some funny looks when I pull up in the ACK....
Old 12-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Advanced

You should forget about Midas and meineke. you can check out some muffler shop in the junkyard near the stadium. This will be my plan.

That's my plan over the next couple of days, too. I've got a Midas and a Meineke close to my house but I'm not sure if they know what they are doing. I'll check them, but I'm gonna try to look up a custom exhaust shop too and see what they say. I don't want to experiment with this thing and mess it up. From my experience, most of the custom shops around here deal with performance american cars - I'll probably get some funny looks when I pull up in the ACK....
Old 12-27-2007, 09:01 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

damn after further thought, which is why I posted the silencers...don't cut up the exhaust

or replace the 3rd cat with a resonator about the same size if all else fails but for christ sake don't do it the thing is too beautiful for you to cut it
Old 12-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Advanced

I heard the silencer will not cut the drone alot...https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=greddy He told me there is no drone.

Originally Posted by stillhere153
damn after further thought, which is why I posted the silencers...don't cut up the exhaust

or replace the 3rd cat with a resonator about the same size if all else fails but for christ sake don't do it the thing is too beautiful for you to cut it
Old 12-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Trucki!!

I'll cut the shit out of it to get the sound I want. Its an exhaust for christ sake.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:29 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

yah an exhaust you paid 700 and change and you are going to cut it up and drop the value by I don't know by like 30%

still stand by the fact that the hushpower resonator will shut cabin drone up and leave the rear sound the same
Old 12-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Trucki!!

Sorry but the value of the exhaust doesn't matter to me, like you said its $700. Now I wouldn't go cutting up my new $650k condo............

So in order to get it to the sound I want sure I will get it cut and welded. Its not going to affect the way it looks, and most good resonators/mid-mufflers don't restrict airflow dramitically. So I will still see performance, but I don't sound like a 1999 civic with straight pipes.

Like I said before its an exhaust, when I trade my car in for 50% off the original cost I will leave this exhaust on it.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:12 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

non tig welded hushpower installed

the only descent video I could find of a car with the hushpower II resonator installed

Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Trucki!!

I'll be sure to ask around a few shops, I want a pretty dynamic decrease in sound.....and I have my doubts that the hushpower will take away as much noise as I want.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:26 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Now that my exhaust is on the car, I had to relearn to drive it to avoid as much drone as possible. When you don't accelerate as much or have your foot down on the pedal, the drone is hardly there. I'm just worried about how loud it sounds outside of my car since I'm driving by residential neighborhoods on my way to work and the po po station is not too far from where I work either.

For those of you who are fighting with the drone, is your radio on or off? I had my radio on (volume 10) to see if I could hear the drone and I couldn't hear it. It's when my radio is off that I'd hear the loudness.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:27 AM
The Darker the berry....

non tig welded hushpower installed

the only descent video I could find of a car with the hushpower II resonator installed

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Vr77YItBS0
Is that your TL in the pic? Where'd you go and how much did it run? Most importantly, how's the sound?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:35 AM
The Darker the berry....

Originally Posted by mn2trance
For those of you who are fighting with the drone, is your radio on or off? I had my radio on (volume 10) to see if I could hear the drone and I couldn't hear it. It's when my radio is off that I'd hear the loudness.
The loudness is only part of the problem - yeah, if I turn the radio up, I don't hear it that much, but I FEEL it - my interior vibrates and everything that is loose in the car - sunglasses, change, etc - rattles like mad.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The loudness is only part of the problem - yeah, if I turn the radio up, I don't hear it that much, but I FEEL it - my interior vibrates and everything that is loose in the car - sunglasses, change, etc - rattles like mad.
My interior doesn't rattle that bad but even with the radio at 10, I can still hear the drone depending how i drive. Like Trance said, it's a matter of learning a different way to drive the car to avoid most of the drone.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:13 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

have any of you guys done any of the stage mods prior to going to the greddy exhaust if so the stock oval area eliminates drone as well that is what I use on mine

So the choices are
1 - Hushpower Resonator
2 - Silencer
3 - Oval Stock Midmuffler

Old 12-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Payment sent....You have sent $411.50 USD to greddyoutlet@GReddy.com!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by DiZlAoSbOiSoFlY
Payment sent....You have sent $411.50 USD to greddyoutlet@GReddy.com!!!
About time. I already have mine one. Give me a holler. Having a LAN party all weekend and then a New Years party Monday night.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

Originally Posted by Buda
About time. I already have mine one. Give me a holler. Having a LAN party all weekend and then a New Years party Monday night.
Yea i was waitin till the last minute so i can save enough money....how's the new house, i gotta stop by sometimes and check it out since im not gonna install it till spring...i'm headin to vegas for new years can't waitt!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by mrlunecy
But it doesn't mean us S/C'd 5AT's can't eat some V8s for breakfast!
The heck with v8's, I'm just trying to keep up with Z's and Evo's and still look prettier while doing it, I'm 6 spd but honestly (dare I say it) TL's are kinda slow. I may buy an evo also just to have something boosted to play around with instead of putting 4 grand on an s/c to still be slower then them. Can't beat em' join em'. Even though the interior designs of evo's and z's compared to the TL's looks like
Old 12-28-2007, 03:53 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by aznbenz07
The heck with v8's, I'm just trying to keep up with Z's and Evo's and still look prettier while doing it, I'm 6 spd but honestly (dare I say it) TL's are kinda slow. I may buy an evo also just to have something boosted to play around with instead of putting 4 grand on an s/c to still be slower then them. Can't beat em' join em'. Even though the interior designs of evo's and z's compared to the TL's looks like

why leave honda... my boy has a 350hp honda fit 4banger (turbo lol)
and some dude around my way has a 450hp s2000 which eats z's alive

and um I disagree with the tl being slow, it is slower than the z and the evo... but regardless of that I bet you want to roll your windows down and blast your music with your leather seats and nav screen playin some music videos
Old 12-28-2007, 09:14 AM
-=2005 TL=-

why leave honda... my boy has a 350hp honda fit 4banger (turbo lol)
and some dude around my way has a 450hp s2000 which eats z's alive

and um I disagree with the tl being slow, it is slower than the z and the evo... but regardless of that I bet you want to roll your windows down and blast your music with your leather seats and nav screen playin some music videos
Old 12-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I just noticed today that the passenger side muffler tip stick out more than the left.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Advanced

I mentioned this before. it is design fault. I guess you need a good muffler shop to bend either the left or the right side to match it.

Originally Posted by THTL
I just noticed today that the passenger side muffler tip stick out more than the left.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Racer

... what? lol a design fault?
Old 12-29-2007, 03:03 AM
Feenin on some 20's

passenger side DOES stick out a little more than driver side.. but who's gona actually notice that?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
yours too.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:10 PM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i do not think its a design flaw..just installation flaw..mine fits perfect
Old 12-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
mine looks fine too
Old 12-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Where are the Lunch Trays

I put mine on today and it fits fine...
I don't think its a design flaw, just an installation flaw, like type-s09 said.

Expects pics and videos up soon. Also mini shoot with my friends 07 Civic Si on a separate thread!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Northern New Jersey

Guys,

If anyone is looking to buy this exhaust I have it up for sell on the Black Market section. I had it on for 20 minutes so it is brand new. If someone is looking to buy please check this out or let them know it is available. Thanks.

Marek

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/sold-fs-04-06-tl-new-greddy-catback-exhaust-381411/

Quick Reply: **Official GReddy EvoII Group Buy Thread** ends 8/31/2007