**Official GReddy EvoII Group Buy Thread** ends 8/31/2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:02 AM
-=2005 TL=-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too have no alignment issue, it is perfectly centered.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by stillhere153
why leave honda... my boy has a 350hp honda fit 4banger (turbo lol)
and some dude around my way has a 450hp s2000 which eats z's alive

and um I disagree with the tl being slow, it is slower than the z and the evo... but regardless of that I bet you want to roll your windows down and blast your music with your leather seats and nav screen playin some music videos
Decent point, but I'm getting an evo unless a turbo app comes out for these TL's. I test drove an evo two days ago and MAN! unbelievable experience it was, young jedi.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:45 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Evo smeevo... I stick with honda... I rather have a sohc turbo fit aka jazz hehehe
Old 01-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Volks FTW!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so with everyone saying they're gonna post pics, i still haven't seen much. come on guys, let's see some pics!!
Old 01-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by aznbenz07
Decent point, but I'm getting an evo unless a turbo app comes out for these TL's. I test drove an evo two days ago and MAN! unbelievable experience it was, young jedi.
Its an amazing car for sure, but I don't think i'd trade the TL in for one. I dont think I could drive that thing everyday, and it looks like a toy.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Its an amazing car for sure, but I don't think i'd trade the TL in for one. I dont think I could drive that thing everyday, and it looks like a toy.
Oh, no I'd never trade up, I'm just adding to my collection. Here's another pic by the way

with 20's before the winter.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:59 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
OMG... The autobot logo.

That's... retarded.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
OMG... The autobot logo.

That's... retarded.
must agree..but its not my car so its not my choice..i know someone that has it on a jetta..=gay
Old 01-02-2008, 10:49 AM
The Darker the berry....

Oh, no I'd never trade up, I'm just adding to my collection. Here's another pic by the way

with 20's before the winter.
What you doing hangin' out in the Elmont Mobil station?!?! - That's my old stompin' grounds, sometimes get gas there or at the Exxon across the street on my way in to work in Brooklyn.
20" rims in NYC - you're braver than me - If I get rims, I won't go above 18".

Also - I gotta agree with the other members about the autobot decal, but it's your ride.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 AM
The Darker the berry....

BTW - I would post pics, but I got no idea how to do it - can someone point me to the how-to for posting pics?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Go to www.imageshack.us, upload the pic off your harddrive, then copy the code with [img]xxxxxxxxxx[/img] into here and hit reply!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:44 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Originally Posted by topckret
I too have no alignment issue, it is perfectly centered.
Your TL is featured on the Greddy website under the evo2 exhaust applications!!

http://www.greddy.com/products/displ...y_img=1247.jpg
Old 01-02-2008, 11:47 AM
-=2005 TL=-

kewl, didn't even know it was posted. haha, it shows my monster 10" wide rear wheels... Thanks for the update....
Old 01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
tuning / modding newbie.

has anyone installed this on a non a-spec or kitted TL? if so can you post pics?

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
The Darker the berry....

OK here goes - best I could do:

Old 01-02-2008, 03:11 PM
-=2005 TL=-

Originally Posted by jetblakTL

Looks hot jetblakTL!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:03 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

OMG... The autobot logo.

That's... retarded.
Forgive me for showing my age, but I remember when a guys cars was just that. A statement he wanted to make through his car. You didn't really car what other people thought about it because it was yours.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:08 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by joed40
Forgive me for showing my age, but I remember when a guys cars was just that. A statement he wanted to make through his car. You didn't really car what other people thought about it because it was yours.
Perhaps your opinion on cars as an extension of ones persona was formed before that wizzbang internet technology was invented.

My comments should have no influence on his decision in how to "decorate" his car, but just as he's free to make awful modifications to his car, I'm free to post my opinion of them.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Pro

I think that if you saw my car in person you would say That you need to go back to the drawing board with your own. Because I get compliments every single day about my car and I don't see any mods on your car that make my mods look awful. I respect your opinion but honestly, I think I saw your rims on a geo metro the other day (awful choice of rims) so to each his own. By the way how did my dual exhaust look? you didn't comment on that, did you get yours yet? Nice carbon fibre fuel door by the way

Perhaps your opinion on cars as an extension of ones persona was formed before that wizzbang internet technology was invented.

My comments should have no influence on his decision in how to "decorate" his car, but just as he's free to make awful modifications to his car, I'm free to post my opinion of them.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Racer

Well guys..received the Greddy today. I'm waiting for my AEM intake to arrive next week and I'm giving this Greddy a go ahead. Wish me luck on this. I may end up having this baby on the black market if it doesn't pan out so for those who are looking for a brand spankin new Greddy Evo2 keep an eye out. I'm hoping this drone is tolerable. If not maybe I'll be in the hunt for the new Comptech when it drops.

I'll feel you guys in on the results when I get it installed next week hopefully.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Pro

Well, even though your hating on my vinyl. Your TL looks great, and yea I live near there so I'm always chillin in that area. Here's some more shots of my TL's booty. (all haters, just keep the comments to yourself)

By the way, Let me just say. I love this exhaust one more time, it really is the "set of balls" if I may that the TL has been missing.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:30 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

I think that if you saw my car in person you would say That you need to go back to the drawing board with your own. Because I get compliments every single day about my car and I don't see any mods on your car that make my mods look awful. I respect your opinion but honestly, I think I saw your rims on a geo metro the other day (awful choice of rims) so to each his own. By the way how did my dual exhaust look? you didn't comment on that, did you get yours yet? Nice carbon fibre fuel door by the way
Hmm... Volk Racing Gt-S on a Geo... Power to em. The geo was rolling knock offs ar best. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Rolling Comptech right now, waiting for my ATLP.

CF fuel door... Ha. No everyone digs it that's for sure, but that's the one mod that gets the most complements... I guess cause it stands out so much.

Look, mod how you like... but big Vinyl stickers of 1980's toys and comic books do not belong on a TL. It's just tacky.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:34 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Never said you weren't free to speak your opinion, I think it is interesting that some folks feel obligated to do so.

I guess you are right, my opinion was formed before the "wizzbang internet". Although I see no correlation between the invention of the internet and the idea of courtesy.

Again I am not arguing anyone's right to say what ever they want, and I do agree that your comments should have no influence on how we choose to individualize our cars. I just think that when someone posts a picture of their car it doesn't necessitate a compulsory opinion. Call it courtesy or respect, I never feel compelled to post a negative comment about anyones car here, unless I see someone compromising safety. My opinion matters to only one person, me.

I have said this before, this forum is great. It gives all of us ways to communicate and share ideas. It brings the people that appreciate their TLs together. It gives us the power to form group buys to create interest in new vendors and new products. We should be supportive of all members.

I guess posting does also give someone a chance to use these nifty smilies as well.

:gheywave:
Old 01-03-2008, 11:20 AM
-=2005 TL=-

Chill out guys, you guys are getting way too sensitive and petty, remember we on the same side guys, that's the basis of a Acura enthusiasts web forum. Chill out and don't forget what this thread is about! This thread is about Greddy exhausts for us TLers, and a thread to only really comment on the exhausts. Kewl? All I have to say is, anything beyond the GReddy exhausts, it's your car, you paid for it, do as you will, more power to ya everyone!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:42 PM
The Darker the berry....

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pellepelle_10
Well guys..received the Greddy today. I'm waiting for my AEM intake to arrive next week and I'm giving this Greddy a go ahead. Wish me luck on this. I may end up having this baby on the black market if it doesn't pan out so for those who are looking for a brand spankin new Greddy Evo2 keep an eye out. I'm hoping this drone is tolerable. If not maybe I'll be in the hunt for the new Comptech when it drops.

I'll feel you guys in on the results when I get it installed next week hopefully.
Good Luck - let me add that I have about 400 miles on my exhaust and the sound has really calmed down quite a bit - yeah there is some drone, but it's not that bad any more and it's not that I'm getting used to it. The sound at startup is still kinda loud for my taste but after a minute, the revs drop and the canisters warm up and the sound is much less. The sound has gotten significantly lower in tone and the drone has as well - if that makes sense. It's to the point where the drone is almost low enough that you don't hear or feel it as much - but you still know it is there. I think I could actually take a long trip in the car and not hate this exhaust at the end. My point in making this point is that you (and everyone else) with this exhaust really should give it a few hundred miles before you make your final decision. If I had made my decision with only 50 miles, honestly, I would have taken it off already. And let me add that I have had several people ride in the car with me over the holidays, young and old, and they all thought I was crazy to even think of taking it off - it's a tremendous difference from stock, but it really isn't that loud....ESPECIALLY compare to other exhaust systems out there.

As for opinions, maybe AZNBENZ was being a bit sensitive, but there was no need to jump all over him about his choice of decoration for HIS ride. I made the comment that I didn't "feel" the decal that much, but it's HIS ride and I left it at that. Otherwise, his ride is hot as hell.. Let's B.E.Z., guys!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Cruisin'

lol, why does every black kouki 240sx in california have to have an origin stylish body kit and extremely similar wheels
Old 01-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Racer

Good Luck - let me add that I have about 400 miles on my exhaust and the sound has really calmed down quite a bit - yeah there is some drone, but it's not that bad any more and it's not that I'm getting used to it. The sound at startup is still kinda loud for my taste but after a minute, the revs drop and the canisters warm up and the sound is much less. The sound has gotten significantly lower in tone and the drone has as well - if that makes sense. It's to the point where the drone is almost low enough that you don't hear or feel it as much - but you still know it is there. I think I could actually take a long trip in the car and not hate this exhaust at the end. My point in making this point is that you (and everyone else) with this exhaust really should give it a few hundred miles before you make your final decision. If I had made my decision with only 50 miles, honestly, I would have taken it off already. And let me add that I have had several people ride in the car with me over the holidays, young and old, and they all thought I was crazy to even think of taking it off - it's a tremendous difference from stock, but it really isn't that loud....ESPECIALLY compare to other exhaust systems out there.

As for opinions, maybe AZNBENZ was being a bit sensitive, but there was no need to jump all over him about his choice of decoration for HIS ride. I made the comment that I didn't "feel" the decal that much, but it's HIS ride and I left it at that. Otherwise, his ride is hot as hell.. Let's B.E.Z., guys!
Thanks blak I'll make sure I get a little bit of mileage in it to make my final decision. I appreciate your words of encouragement. I really want to keep this system. I'm hoping I don't have to let it go. I'll give it a trial and see if this is what I wanted.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by pellepelle_10
Thanks blak I'll make sure I get a little bit of mileage in it to make my final decision. I appreciate your words of encouragement. I really want to keep this system. I'm hoping I don't have to let it go. I'll give it a trial and see if this is what I wanted.

Thanks jetblak, also yeah pellepelle at times you don't hear the exhaust at all. Like I've had people get in my car for the first time and I'd be nervous it would be to loud and they would absolutely be able to still have convo's with me over the drone.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Where are the Lunch Trays

My exhaust is doing well.
I can have conversations with people in the car.
There is a drone, but it isn't bad at all.
Just put up mileage on the exhaust. It will sound great...
Just remember it is an aftermarket exhaust.
Just give the exhaust a chance and I am sure you will be very satisfied.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

just a heads up guys, I ended up impulse buying one of the 2 evoII for sale on our black market

SO I WILL BE THE FIRST AND ONLY TL TYPE S WITH IT (evil grin)

gotta get me a base tl lip now... hhehe
Old 01-04-2008, 11:33 AM
-=2005 TL=-

Originally Posted by bluffcityTL
My exhaust is doing well.
I can have conversations with people in the car.
There is a drone, but it isn't bad at all.
Just put up mileage on the exhaust. It will sound great...
Just remember it is an aftermarket exhaust.
Just give the exhaust a chance and I am sure you will be very satisfied.
I have had the exhaust on my car the longest and I have probably already put on about 2500 miles and the exhaust is indeed sounding a lot more "muffled", quieter, smoother and refined. The drone has backed off a significant amount and is not as prominant as when the exhaust was newly installed. Like the other TLers have mentioned, give the exhaust some time and the tone will change for the better and the drone will reduce.

P.S. and NO, it's not because I'm used to the sound, it really has reduced based on my passengers.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
just a heads up guys, I ended up impulse buying one of the 2 evoII for sale on our black market

SO I WILL BE THE FIRST AND ONLY TL TYPE S WITH IT (evil grin)

gotta get me a base tl lip now... hhehe
You are aware that it does not fit the Type S without modification? I think I remember it being said earlier in this thread or the other one that the length is a couple of inches shy of reaching the cat. Of course I may be wrong.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm sure it doesnt fit the type s without modifications, but he knows that already. Same with the ATLP, it doesn't bolt up to a non type-s, needs to be adjusted
Old 01-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Volks FTW!!!

Originally Posted by Buda
You are aware that it does not fit the Type S without modification? I think I remember it being said earlier in this thread or the other one that the length is a couple of inches shy of reaching the cat. Of course I may be wrong.
that's nothing a good muffler shop can't do. i'm running an evo 2 on my 2gen tl and it's for an AV6. we had to extend it a little and spread the ends a little.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:16 AM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
+1 on all the comments of the exhaust getting quieter and more tolerable. AND I GOT THE BACKSEAT OUT RIGHT NOW! It's really starting to grow on me. Everyone loves the way it sounds.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:51 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Is someone questioning my exhaust addiction... I am running a custom catback right now...

I can tell you right now where ever it is short I will extend at a cost of $50 without having to cut the original exhaust it is real simple... Last time I checked though... The length was the same... The problem will be in the added drone hehehehh

You will see guys... Imma post up the details as soon as I get it

Ps. Did you also know I got procats on there too... So my videos will have a very different tone from the one you guys have heard

(EVIL GRIN)
Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Drove quite a bit while on vacation, and the exhaust just sounds better and better. One passenger thought it was a little loud, but she's a minivan mom...most people think it's cool (or realize I'm happy with it and are therefore happy for me). I am extremely satisfied.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:18 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

mmmh looks like wednesday will be the day I install mine, possibly picking it up today, can't wait
Old 01-07-2008, 04:42 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I agree . . . after a couple hundred miles on my exhaust, it's starting to quiet down a bit. The drone would get really bad around 2500 RPM for me and now it seem to have subsided a bit. I always look at people's reaction when I'm pulling out from a dead stop.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the Greddy exhausts

However..I thought exhausts were supposed to get slightly louder as time goes on?

Quick Reply: **Official GReddy EvoII Group Buy Thread** ends 8/31/2007