3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 3G Ramblings & General Discussion Thread (Trois)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,015 Likes on 14,518 Posts
Hi Yum...how you been, sucka?
Old 06-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,948 Likes on 14,061 Posts
Originally Posted by polobunny
The darker side of Gary.

Haven't been following. This shit is too intense for me. I just read it for the lulz sometimes when someone links.
There isn't usually a day or two where there isn't some form of histrionics on AZ...it's the Internet.

Unless there is a robot tossing a salad while driving a Poopdick, I usually don't care too much. I mean, short of e-pointing and laughing, not much can be gained except for a nice headshake after reading the posts. There are the exceptions of course where it's worthwhile to join in on the e-carnage.

Pursegate was awesome. Ban games too. Those are the HoF forum though.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Hi Yum...how you been, sucka?
Doing good, J. A bit hung-over probably. Way too much drinking last week with the wife's cousin getting hitched and all the dinners etc. associated with it.

How are things for you? Your rides are still looking jaw-dropping as always. Enjoy your photo updates.
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
There isn't usually a day or two where there isn't some form of histrionics on AZ...it's the Internet.

Unless there is a robot tossing a salad while driving a Poopdick, I usually don't care too much. I mean, short of e-pointing and laughing, not much can be gained except for a nice headshake after reading the posts. There are the exceptions of course where it's worthwhile to join in on the e-carnage.

Pursegate was awesome. Ban games too. Those are the HoF forum though.
I get a good chuckle. It's when you compare yourself to others that you realize you're not that terrible.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
I'm a saladpath.

Eating salad as we speak.
Mmm....
Old 06-01-2015, 01:22 PM

Doing good, J. A bit hung-over probably. Way too much drinking last week with the wife's cousin getting hitched and all the dinners etc. associated with it.

How are things for you? Your rides are still looking jaw-dropping as always. Enjoy your photo updates.
Things are great, my friend...yeah, I feel you on the drinking...need to slow down a bit myself. Thank you! I actually didn't take anymore new pics this weekend...was helping my neighbor put up a new fence...next up he's redoing the fence between our houses...already offered up 1/2 the $ for it...I'm excited...funny, once we moved in and started fixing everything up, both sets of neighbors started pressure cleaning, treating their grass and putting up fences! Let's get that paper, yooooo

Anyway...huge milestone yesterday...granite ordered for bathrooms and kitchen...new sinks...new faucets...new cooktop. All dem monies out the window!
Yumcha (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Registered Bunny

Things are great, my friend...yeah, I feel you on the drinking...need to slow down a bit myself. Thank you! I actually didn't take anymore new pics this weekend...was helping my neighbor put up a new fence...next up he's redoing the fence between our houses...already offered up 1/2 the $ for it...I'm excited...funny, once we moved in and started fixing everything up, both sets of neighbors started pressure cleaning, treating their grass and putting up fences! Let's get that paper, yooooo

Anyway...huge milestone yesterday...granite ordered for bathrooms and kitchen...new sinks...new faucets...new cooktop. All dem monies out the window!
It's a better investment than putting that money in a car though.

Just as satisfying to see the end result too!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,755 Likes on 6,752 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
That GK motherfucker is a sociopath..

In R&P i thought he was fairly well spoken... then i see him in RLX... jeeezzuss wtf?!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Senior Moderator

woohoo!!!

denggggg J, they gotta keep up with the Joneses since you moved in..
Old 06-01-2015, 01:33 PM

Dude...if you saw my house...it's odd that they never did the granite. Literally, great setup, nice cabinets...we added nice appliances...but the counters are builder grade formica with wood framing...

I guess it's cool though, we get to pick!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Dude...if you saw my house...it's odd that they never did the granite. Literally, great setup, nice cabinets...we added nice appliances...but the counters are builder grade formica with wood framing...

I guess it's cool though, we get to pick!
Guess you gotta start a home mod thread

what are you going with? The apartment I moved into was completely redone and they used Caesarstone which looks pretty damn good for an apartment.

Parents' house is still work in progress so we'll get to countertops soon enough there too..
Old 06-01-2015, 01:40 PM

Funny...we almost went quartz...but it was way too symmetrical...I think it's because of how good they make the formica nowadays that there are a lot of granite that are too perfect and look like the cheap stuff.

We went with granite...1 remnant for the master...another remnant they can cut in half for the jack and jill (2 counters in there) and then a full slab and a half for the kitchen/island...undermount square sinks...gonna be awesome.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Ah nice...fence work is a nice way to meet the neighbors and share some beers and BBQ esp. if everyone is on board with contributing their fair share cost and work-wise.

Need to start up a thread on your house renos like 97Ack...!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:44 PM

I really should...I already have all the befores from my flickr account...

I agree...yeah, man...these neighbors are like something else...so nice, and cool dudes...already have a circle of people we'll have a beer with, always nice. They had a block party to welcome some new people when we first moved in. Like...who the hell does that!??!

About the work and $...I don't think he expected me to contribute, but I feel like it's the right thing to do...I benefit as much as he does from a nice solid new fence.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Registered Bunny

I really should...I already have all the befores from my flickr account...

I agree...yeah, man...these neighbors are like something else...so nice, and cool dudes...already have a circle of people we'll have a beer with, always nice. They had a block party to welcome some new people when we first moved in. Like...who the hell does that!??!

About the work and $...I don't think he expected me to contribute, but I feel like it's the right thing to do...I benefit as much as he does from a nice solid new fence.
Agree with you about the fences. One of my father neighbor was white trash, fence between both houses was falling apart and his dogs kept escaping in our yard and my father wanted to replace it. He would do all the job, he just wanted half of the money for the stuff needed for the fence. Guy refused so many times. Eventually my dad made a 6+ft high fence that shielded them completely from us. We had trees that we used to cut so they wouldn't get too much shadow in their pool... we stopped doing that. Must have been a great summer cause within a year they were gone.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
FUUUUU!!!

Why did you have to bring fences up. I'm fighting with my fucking neighbours now. I have a wider lot, so the back of my property spans across 1.5 neighbours... They just both paid a contractor to build the fence... I said I'd pay for half of the material but not labour, because I can do it myself.

Well the fence is done and it's crooked. Contractor claims he dimensioned everything off the real property report. I had a surveyor come in and the first post is pretty much bang on the property line, but the last one is in my yard by 10 inches.

The contractor also did a shitty job with the posts. He did the first one and then spaced the rest approximately every 8feet. Problem is that the properties don't fall on the 8ft mark, so my fence post spacing now goes

8ft - 8ft - 8ft - 4ft - 4ft - 8ft - 8ft - 8ft - 1.5ft

It looks retarded. Rather than installing the end posts and then spacing the intermediate posts evenly, I have this bullshit spacing.

And the fuckers want me to pay half? Sure, if they pay for the land they stole from me first... And I think that will end up being a bit more pricey on their end.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Team Owner

Contractor also pulled out one of my property pins, so my neighbour on my side and I don't know where to put our fence now. It's apparently a 10k fine to pull out a pin and not replace it.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:46 PM

knock fence down, lay new posts, redo it.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Team Owner

knock fence down, lay new posts, redo it.
His contractor should. I'm not doing it. I'm not wasting my time and money to fix his fuck ups. I'm gonna get the city involved soon enough. Let them deal with it.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Registered Bunny

Originally Posted by TacoBello
FUUUUU!!!

Why did you have to bring fences up. I'm fighting with my fucking neighbours now. I have a wider lot, so the back of my property spans across 1.5 neighbours... They just both paid a contractor to build the fence... I said I'd pay for half of the material but not labour, because I can do it myself.

Well the fence is done and it's crooked. Contractor claims he dimensioned everything off the real property report. I had a surveyor come in and the first post is pretty much bang on the property line, but the last one is in my yard by 10 inches.

The contractor also did a shitty job with the posts. He did the first one and then spaced the rest approximately every 8feet. Problem is that the properties don't fall on the 8ft mark, so my fence post spacing now goes

8ft - 8ft - 8ft - 4ft - 4ft - 8ft - 8ft - 8ft - 1.5ft

It looks retarded. Rather than installing the end posts and then spacing the intermediate posts evenly, I have this bullshit spacing.

And the fuckers want me to pay half? Sure, if they pay for the land they stole from me first... And I think that will end up being a bit more pricey on their end.
Fucking fence stories. That's why it's better to do it yourself, no stupid fuckups like this. I'm sure the 8-8-8-4-4-8-8-8-1.5 sections look great too.

And I feel for you, for some, 10 inches is all the difference...
Old 06-01-2015, 02:58 PM

Wow...that sounds like a damn nightmare! Well, my neighbo(u)r pulled a permit and we discussed property line interpretation before he even got started. I got lucky...really cool dudes...the guy on the OTHER side of him is the dbag with the Thunderbird (ps...if it's HIS he was talking about...it's not in great condition and probably has a 1K mile motor swap )...he also didn't lift a finger, lied about getting the permit already, and didn't offer to pay half of his material on his side. The guys sucks...

Tito (I'll use a fake name here), the cool neighbor says when he bought the house the guy said he was doing the fence if he could pull his chain link out...he said sure...then he pulled it out and then comes with a bill of $4500 to split between them
He didn't have that kinda cash anyway...so he's lived with his pool/kids and dog having to have an open yard to the dbag's yard. Sux to suck...that's for sure.

So it felt good to help him put a fence between him and that guy, for sure.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:00 PM

In Florida, it's required to be 4' supports then shadowbox...2 feet deep in 2 bags of concrete.

I mean, if the looks bother you that much, make a gate at the 1.5' mark to send your dog over to their yard to poo...then put a 4x4 in between all the 8 foot sections to match the 4' spacing

About the pin...something that big, get your trimmer out and get out there and find it before you have to pay a land surveyor to figure out where your lot ends!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Team Owner

I don't even overly care about the land he got from me. It's minimal. My problem is I don't know if I should start my perpendicular fence sections from where the fence lies now or once it's fixed. Makes a big difference with where I drill my holes in the ground.

I also don't want to have issues when selling my house- wouldn't be first time people don't buy because of property issues like that. Pisses me off. Guys were too cheap to pay $400 to have a proper survey done. Now I have to deal with this shit.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Team Owner

In Florida, it's required to be 4' supports then shadowbox...2 feet deep in 2 bags of concrete.

I mean, if the looks bother you that much, make a gate at the 1.5' mark to send your dog over to their yard to poo...then put a 4x4 in between all the 8 foot sections to match the 4' spacing

About the pin...something that big, get your trimmer out and get out there and find it before you have to pay a land surveyor to figure out where your lot ends!
Two of the pins have been removed from the ground by the neighbours contractor. They left one of them laying in my backyard. It's like 3 feet long.

Also, fence posts here are generally 6x6. Not cheap. And again, why am I paying to fix his fuck ups.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:12 PM

Contact yummy, he's the expert when it comes to reposting.
The following 2 users liked this post by Majofo:
Franchise1124 (06-02-2015), rockstar143 (06-02-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Registered Bunny

Old 06-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Registered Bunny

Gas increasing to $1.35/L tonight. Hmpf.

That's $5.10/US gal for you guys.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Someone say wepost?
Old 06-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Gas increasing to $1.35/L tonight. Hmpf.

That's $5.10/US gal for you guys.
Oil crisis my @$$.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:21 PM

Old 06-01-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
i need oil to go back up!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by justnspace
i need oil to go back up!
I need oil to go back IN.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Registered Bunny

Oil crisis my @$$.
I bet the petrol companies are so broke right now.

Then you add a nice 11 cents/L for premium. So 1.46/L aka 5.52/gal...

Thanks Obama.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:51 PM

ya heard me?

Old 06-01-2015, 04:56 PM

shiet.. rabbit ears partna!
Old 06-01-2015, 04:57 PM

phones.. wallet.. jury. In that order.
rockstar143 (06-02-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Team Owner

I bet the petrol companies are so broke right now.

Then you add a nice 11 cents/L for premium. So 1.46/L aka 5.52/gal...

Thanks Obama.
Holy. That's pricey. I think I paid $1.16/L for premium just the other day. However, I heard there was a $0.10 hike today
Old 06-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Registered Bunny

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Holy. That's pricey. I think I paid $1.16/L for premium just the other day. However, I heard there was a $0.10 hike today
Yeah we're getting fucked. Raise here tomorrow too, I'm at like 1/4th or 1/3rd of my tank and I usually wait until Thursday to fill since Ultramar does -3 cents on premium on Thursdays but since it's going to hike I better fill now.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 177 Likes on 160 Posts
Alright alright alright (McConaughey style), what shall we ramble about on this Tuesday?
Old 06-02-2015, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jamie's 08 TL
Alright alright alright (McConaughey style), what shall we ramble about on this Tuesday?
that robbery happened in Shreveport.
lets go find that sucka!

Quick Reply: The 3G Ramblings & General Discussion Thread (Trois)