3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told the following is confirmed on the 2007 American TL by a dealer today:

-3.5 V6 close to 300 horses - might just be for the new S Type he wasn't sure
-SH-AWD - this is an option
-Updated Nav
-New exterior and interior lines

He also thought a MP3 playback and standard IPod interface was a no brainer update that should be there.

With that said, I know the new car will be cool and all but I can't help but wonder if paying $32k for a 2006 w/nav is a better deal than waiting for the 2007 that I'm sure will go up in price (2k, 3k? how much do you think we can expect?)

I'm also wondering what the 2007 G35x will come in at as I've read they want to keep the pricing close to where the 2006 model is at.

Last question, is the 2007 TL supposed to come out in November? I really hope it's sooner than that, I'm having a hard time waiting and I'm hoping not to fall prey to my family and buy a Honda Odyssey instead and wait on getting a TL for a year, then I'll be doing this all over again with the 2008 model!
Old 08-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Acuraboy7
Oh their around trust me! just gotta look a little harder! BTW I spoke to my dealer the other day and he has info on the 07 Type S he had a color list but no chart and he said 300 to 310 HP and On Star being an opt thats all he had for me, I'm stopping there either today or monday to have them look at my right side Mirror Being Discolored so I will hound him when I stop there.
Did he show the list? It's strange how they get a color list, but no chart, or pictures. I guess it's their way of building excitment. Yes, hound him! Maybe he'll give in and tell you something. LOL
Old 08-04-2006, 02:48 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
300+ horsies are awfully tempting (although, not much area 'round here to use all of them, but it would be nice to have anyway)..............

I often wonder if I should lease cars instead of purchasing them since every other year I want a new freaking car! LOL.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Cheeeeeeckit?

a source at acura told me the 07s will come only in white (now that picture makes sense) oh yeah and my dealer told me that the 07 will have the following: rocket launchers on the side...this feature will be standard in the US models but will be an option on the chinese model, the 07 TL will in fact be RWD, but thats not rear wheel drive, its Right Wheel Drive, apparently its been in development, the right side of the car will provide the power.

dealers also told me that what you're seeing on the side-view mirrors in the china picture are not turn signal indicators but laser emitting diodes that will turn the stereos down on cars that pull up next to you with really loud bass-ey music playing...

additionally, i read a post on vtec.net that there is an 08 north korean version in development that will launch missiles that fall short of targets, i heard that the october issue of car and driver will have more info on that.

this is just my own speculation but look for the US 07 models to have a knight rider-like cockpit with turbo boost and the ability to hold conversations with you while it drives itself...ipod integration would be cool with that i only hope that this doesn't raise the price...because if it does it won't compete with the g35 or the is350.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

honestly I think we will get.

- blinker on mirror
- clear tailight
- updated navi with Zagat(tsx got it last year)
- 10HP boost for base trim w/ bigger intake

I have no clue about type S or AWD or even 3.5L engine in TL. I would say no for now. Too much work and money ot certificate

again, CHinese TL has back up light on lower bumper bercause their license plate is LONG horizontal shape.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by brian92873
a source at acura told me the 07s will come only in white (now that picture makes sense) oh yeah and my dealer told me that the 07 will have the following: rocket launchers on the side...this feature will be standard in the US models but will be an option on the chinese model, the 07 TL will in fact be RWD, but thats not rear wheel drive, its Right Wheel Drive, apparently its been in development, the right side of the car will provide the power.

dealers also told me that what you're seeing on the side-view mirrors in the china picture are not turn signal indicators but laser emitting diodes that will turn the stereos down on cars that pull up next to you with really loud bass-ey music playing...

additionally, i read a post on vtec.net that there is an 08 north korean version in development that will launch missiles that fall short of targets, i heard that the october issue of car and driver will have more info on that.

this is just my own speculation but look for the US 07 models to have a knight rider-like cockpit with turbo boost and the ability to hold conversations with you while it drives itself...ipod integration would be cool with that i only hope that this doesn't raise the price...because if it does it won't compete with the g35 or the is350.
Yeah, my dealer told me the exact same things!!!!! We all know how much these dealers know!!!! Better believe them!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by brian92873

So we shouldn't post what the dealers are telling us here or speculate what the US 2007 model will be based on what other countries are getting right?
Old 08-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by TLFun
Did he show the list? It's strange how they get a color list, but no chart, or pictures. I guess it's their way of building excitment. Yes, hound him! Maybe he'll give in and tell you something. LOL
No he didn't show me a list we spoke on the phone, I'm not sure if I'll have time to make it there today, being a new month I have too much work to do, but I will give him a call and see if he can send me an e-mail on any info he has so that I can post it on here for the 07's, I'm guessing they have a color list so that can get ready to do orders for next month, its not like they need the price cuz they are selling them anyway.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by Moving Target
So we shouldn't post what the dealers are telling us here or speculate what the US 2007 model will be based on what other countries are getting right?
I think any info we can get is one step closer to finding out about the 07's so why not!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:13 PM
10th Gear

[QUOTE=Moving Target]I was told the following is confirmed on the 2007 American TL by a dealer today:

-Updated Nav
QUOTE]

Then, the crack pipe fell out of his mouth falling to the ground and smashing into a million pieces before he collapsed into the pile of shattered glass while mumbling something about side rocket launchers. . .
Old 08-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Keep in mind when the first TL Type S came out in 2002 it didn't change too much the front grill grew larger and the rear tail lights became clear and red from orange and red, they added on star with navi and the ins cluster became White on the Type S's with 17inch wheels and the 3.2 V6 was putting out 260 Hp on the same egn. That was it...my guess is history will repete it self if they are going to do this again, they might just up the HP on the TL and use the 3.2 V6, make some inside changes and outside front and rear changes, there is no reason for it to be such big change being the fact that its not do for a rehaul till 09. Also for thoses pics from China, the car is covered in paper, you can't really tell what the grill looks like and the rear is not in view, even with the same wheels...they could be re-using them on reg 07 Models.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile Let's be real

Hello all, this is my first post after reading this thread for so long. My question to you all is, why would Acura hold an event to unveil the 07 TL along side the all-new MDX if they were only going to have new taillights, side mirrors, new grill and a few extra horses? On top of that, why would they be so tight lip about it. Announcing this info wouldn't really hurt 06 TL sales, so why the secrecy? Why? Because there will be MAJOR changes to the vehicle. Acura is expecting strong sales toward the end of the year and new taillights and side mirrors on the TL is not going to do it. I believe we will get SH-AWD now, because if Acura waits until 2008 they will no longer be the top seller in the market. Two years is a long time to wait to introduce SH-AWD on the TL, the competition will pass them by. Of course I'm just speculating like everyone else, but I can't see Acura including the TL in that 2 weekend event to unveil minor changes. If that's the case then they would have included the entire Acura lineup (they only have 5 vehicles currently in production) in the event to announce their minor changes aswell. Just my
Old 08-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by Ac Man
Hello all, this is my first post after reading this thread for so long. My question to you all is, why would Acura hold an event to unveil the 07 TL along side the all-new MDX if they were only going to have new taillights, side mirrors, new grill and a few extra horses? On top of that, why would they be so tight lip about it. Announcing this info wouldn't really hurt 06 TL sales, so why the secrecy? Why? Because there will be MAJOR changes to the vehicle. Acura is expecting strong sales toward the end of the year and new taillights and side mirrors on the TL is not going to do it. I believe we will get SH-AWD now, because if Acura waits until 2008 they will no longer be the top seller in the market. Two years is a long time to wait to introduce SH-AWD on the TL, the competition will pass them by. Of course I'm just speculating like everyone else, but I can't see Acura including the TL in that 2 weekend event to unveil minor changes. If that's the case then they would have included the entire Acura lineup (they only have 5 vehicles currently in production) in the event to announce their minor changes aswell. Just my
The MDX has nothing to do with it, I'd never buy an MDX I don't have 3 kids or a need for an SUV point being I'm a car person...there are SUV people and Car people, some like both! so it shouldn't matter what comes out when, look at GM, they came out with a ton of new Models at the same time, look at lexus the GS came out, then a month or so later the IS came out, and now the new ES...the TL changing will come out in a month or 2 and the MDX will follow right after its not going to matter. hugs!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:26 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by Ac Man
Well, if you're suggesting significant body changes, I can't agree. The dies and the tooling to make everything from fenders to hoods to doors to trunklids cost so much that a mfr. almost HAS to run a model for 4-5 years to recoup the investment in all the engineering and tool-up. The current body style is only 3 years old, and Acura hasn't gotten all the goodie out of its investment yet.

That's why mid-model refreshes almost always involve front and rear fascia (plastic parts fairly easily and inexpensively changed), and things like lights and other parts that bolt on or slip in.

And we've beaten the SH-AWD thing to death already ... HIGHLY unlikely they would or could re-engineer the TL's floorpan to accept a driveshaft and the other mechanicals necessary to add it. Not to mention the costs associated with it, or the overlap with the RL.

I still think we're back to minor changes to the body - fascia, tail lights, maybe turnsignal mirrors - and probably some minor improvements to the interior and the electronics. It's already a good car and a good seller, so Acura isn't about to throw away a bunch of money to make early radical changes. Every car goes through the same life cycles, competition or no.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Cheeeeeeckit?

ha! no that was me making fun of everyone including myself, this thread has become nearly 60 pages of the same thing. i'm as guilty as everyone else. its still by far the most fun thread to read. what will we ever talk about when we have nothing to speculate over after 9/1?!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:40 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Yes. The dealer gets a little "bonus" money from Honda (or whomever) for financing your purchase through them. And the dealer can also slot you in a higher interest rate if you're not careful, so pay attention to that.

This is also true in a lease, BTW, where you not only have to negotiate the price, the term and the mileage, but also the money factor (interest rate). A lot of people assume the rate is fixed, but that ain't the case at all!
The dealership gets money back at the end of the year based on volume, so they could get $1000-1500 back. Plus, the factory will give incentives that come and go, like they had one for Acura TL that ended in May where the sales person were given $1000 for each acura TL they sold.
Thus they can still make money even if they sell you $2000 below invoice.
Case in point I just bought a July 07 RX (couldn't wait any longer for the TL) and it cost me $2338 BELOW invoice.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My brother's friend's cousin who is a loyal acura enthusiast for Fort Bend County said that the 07 TL will come with a new chrome paint scheme. This may be the best news yet!! This is unconfirmed, but you guys should really trust this one as he is very well respected by all the people of 77090.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was told the following is confirmed on the 2007 American TL by a dealer today:

-Updated Nav

He also thought a MP3 playback and standard IPod interface was a no brainer update that should be there.

With that said, I know the new car will be cool and all but I can't help but wonder if paying $32k for a 2006 w/nav is a better deal than waiting for the 2007 that I'm sure will go up in price (2k, 3k? how much do you think we can expect?)

I'm also wondering what the 2007 G35x will come in at as I've read they want to keep the pricing close to where the 2006 model is at.

Last question, is the 2007 TL supposed to come out in November? I really hope it's sooner than that, I'm having a hard time waiting and I'm hoping not to fall prey to my family and buy a Honda Odyssey instead and wait on getting a TL for a year, then I'll be doing this all over again with the 2008 model!

Ouch Moving Target, that really hurt. I did exactly what you're talking about last May. I passed up my chance on the '06TL and got the family an Odyssey. They love it, but now I'm as I have to wait another year for my TL. Hopefully the '07 will be worth the wait.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Racer

More Info on Topic

http://www.123carlinks.com/acura_tl.php
Old 08-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by nhousepro
the new and improved 2007 Acura TL comes in two distinct versions - the 225-horsepower 2007 Acura TL and the 260-horsepower TL S-Type.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:17 PM
AVB for President!

Most mis-informed and wrong website ever... Did you see the HP on the RL... 225?! Dude, that's so wrong.. hahaha... Its so stupid that someone would even spend the time to put something up like that...

Old 08-04-2006, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

More breaking news!!
http://www.123carlinks.com/acura_cl.php
Wise up, kiddies...
Old 08-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Acuraboy7
No he didn't show me a list we spoke on the phone, I'm not sure if I'll have time to make it there today, being a new month I have too much work to do, but I will give him a call and see if he can send me an e-mail on any info he has so that I can post it on here for the 07's, I'm guessing they have a color list so that can get ready to do orders for next month, its not like they need the price cuz they are selling them anyway.
Thanks.. There is no rush. It would just give us something to read while we wait. I wonder what they will have for colors this year. Well, only 27 more days.. .
Old 08-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Talking

[QUOTE=brian92873]a source at acura told me the 07s will come only in white (now that picture makes sense) oh yeah and my dealer told me that the 07 will have the following: rocket launchers on the side...this feature will be standard in the US models but will be an option on the chinese model, the 07 TL will in fact be RWD, but thats not rear wheel drive, its Right Wheel Drive, apparently its been in development, the right side of the car will provide the power.

Brian that's the best post of all...
Old 08-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Brian post is suggesting that informations from our dealers are not so relieables... Till the last they know about their cars as we know about the black spots in the universe...

Old 08-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

mamma mia, mamma mia...
BASTA!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 04:14 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NC_Guy
More breaking news!!
Wise up, kiddies...
http://www.123carlinks.com/oldsmobile.php

What? You aren't interested in a new 2007 Oldsmobile?
Old 08-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Advanced

i hate to say this, but pls stfu until someone (preferably someone with some source reliable credit in terms of legitimate TLs) pls stop posting until a solid source is here!

i check this post everyday, just to find some stupid/irrelevant remarks...quite an annoying nuisance to be perfectly honest. might've been funny on the 40-something page of this thread, but enough is enough
Old 08-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by johnAboy
i hate to say this, but pls stfu until someone (preferably someone with some source reliable credit in terms of legitimate TLs) pls stop posting until a solid source is here!

i check this post everyday, just to find some stupid/irrelevant remarks...quite an annoying nuisance to be perfectly honest. might've been funny on the 40-something page of this thread, but enough is enough
John why do you continue than reading this thread?
We speculate, argue, swear, assume, wonder about the TL for the stupid reason that WE LOVE this car...
We are childish fans in search of some reliable drops of news, and we are thirsty, and tired of waiting...
Let us speculate a little more, loosing our time in search of wonders.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:15 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by NC_Guy
More breaking news!!
Wise up, kiddies...

It's SOOOO obvious that they're trying to just say anything to get you to the site for one reason only: so you'll click on their sponsors' ads.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Don't jive my 3.5

Originally Posted by TLFun
Thanks.. There is no rush. It would just give us something to read while we wait. I wonder what they will have for colors this year. Well, only 27 more days.. .
I know
Old 08-05-2006, 10:54 AM
10th Gear

This link was posted on VTEC.net. The article has some details about the new Type-S... is it real info?????

Link to article

Excerpts:

..The TL in base form has a 3.2-liter V-6 engine that produces a hefty 258 horsepower and 233 lb.-ft. of torque. Upgrade to the Type-S and you get a 3.5-liter V-6 with 286 horsepower and 256 lb.-ft. of torque.

...And though Acura officials at the press launch for the TL repeatedly referred to the ``sinister styling" of the Type-S, it is also subtle and elegant, with its broad slits of headlights, fog lights dropped into the lower fascia, a mesh grille bisected by a chrome crossbar, and a pronounced hipline running front to rear.

...Actually, Acura has always been subtle. For example, only the rear ward flip of a spoiler, hot-looking wheels, and awesome-sounding quad tailpipes give any outer hint of what lurks beneath and inside the Type-S.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Intermediate

Paddle shifters................Sweet!!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 11:51 AM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Wow, a sinister Honda!
Interesting if true, makes sense considering the perceived competition.

Desperate Acura coupe lover having to consider sedans.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:09 PM
2nd Gear

07 TL Pics?

http://www.acura.com.cn/newanswer/lineup_tl1.htm
http://www.acura.com.cn/newanswer/lineup_tl2.htm
http://www.acura.com.cn/newanswer/lineup_tl3.htm
http://www.acura.com.cn/newanswer/lineup_tl4.htm
Old 08-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Don't jive my 3.5

Ughhh will ya cut it out...we have been there done that with thoses pics
Old 08-05-2006, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shopping_TL
This link was posted on VTEC.net. The article has some details about the new Type-S... is it real info?????

Link to article

Excerpts:

..The TL in base form has a 3.2-liter V-6 engine that produces a hefty 258 horsepower and 233 lb.-ft. of torque. Upgrade to the Type-S and you get a 3.5-liter V-6 with 286 horsepower and 256 lb.-ft. of torque.

...And though Acura officials at the press launch for the TL repeatedly referred to the ``sinister styling" of the Type-S, it is also subtle and elegant, with its broad slits of headlights, fog lights dropped into the lower fascia, a mesh grille bisected by a chrome crossbar, and a pronounced hipline running front to rear.

...Actually, Acura has always been subtle. For example, only the rear ward flip of a spoiler, hot-looking wheels, and awesome-sounding quad tailpipes give any outer hint of what lurks beneath and inside the Type-S.
FINALLY A GOOD POST!! This has to be it since they test drove in Pennsylvania!!

Type-S, as in 'sinister'
Acura's TL line is hot and frisky, yet still elegant
By Royal Ford | August 5, 2006

Acura describes its 2007 TL Type-S as ``sinister," a word I've never associated with Honda's upscale division.

But the hot Type-S is surprisingly frisky, something I discovered during a day of driving it out of the woods of Pennsylvania and through the twisting back roads of neighboring Maryland.

I also found the base TL version to have the kind of oomph that not long ago would have been labeled high performance. Maybe that's because the new TL has the same horsepower as the old Type-S. In fact, it was powerful enough to make me wonder if the extra few thousand for the Type-S is necessary, except for those who want crazy power instead of just superb performance.

The TL in base form has a 3.2-liter V-6 engine that produces a hefty 258 horsepower and 233 lb.-ft. of torque. Upgrade to the Type-S and you get a 3.5-liter V-6 with 286 horsepower and 256 lb.-ft. of torque.

Expect around 23 miles per gallon from the smaller engine and about 21 from the more powerful option.

The standard transmission in each model is a five-speed automatic with a manual option that can be shifted with paddles on the steering wheel. In the Type-S, the engine is revved on downshifts (called ``blipping" in a race car) for smoother transitions while maintaining speed.

It is a transmission that truly let's you be in charge when you opt to go manual -- something many automatics with manual option do not allow.

As you might guess, Acura's target TL customer -- particularly for the Type-S -- is a male in his 40s with an income of $100,000 or more. That's not to say that other people won't be able to afford the car when it goes on sale in the fall. Acura is pricing its TL models at between $34,000 and $39,000.

The company calls the TL an ``entry premium" vehicle, something of an oxymoronic phrase. But I guess it somehow makes sense, since in recent years Acura has been selling more than 70,000 of the cars annually in the United States, making it the financial backbone of the company.

And though Acura officials at the press launch for the TL repeatedly referred to the ``sinister styling" of the Type-S, it is also subtle and elegant, with its broad slits of headlights, fog lights dropped into the lower fascia, a mesh grille bisected by a chrome crossbar, and a pronounced hipline running front to rear.

Actually, Acura has always been subtle. For example, only the rear ward flip of a spoiler, hot-looking wheels, and awesome-sounding quad tailpipes give any outer hint of what lurks beneath and inside the Type-S.

Inside, stainless steel pedals in the Type-S differentiate it from the base model, as do firmly bolstered, multi seamed bucket seats and carbon fiber treatments.

But safety is what Honda/Acura has been about (and look for the Koreans to push them into making stability control systems standard in even lesser models). The TL comes with antilock brake system, brake assist, stability control, air bags for front and side, and front and rear curtain air bags, as well as a front-end crash system that sends the force of an impact below and over the cockpit .

You also get an array of standard comfort features that include a moonroof, 17-inch wheels, speed-sensitive wipers, heated power front seats , a pass-through rear center armrest, and an advanced audio system.

The Type-S comes with better wheels, a sport-tuned suspension, carbon-fiber interior trim, noise cancellation, and other goodies.

The TL, in both forms, is meant to compete with the BMW 3 Series, Infiniti G35 cars, Mercedes C-Class, and Lexus ES 330. In both performance and interior quality it achieves that goal.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:03 PM
sma
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Shopping_TL

Link to article
Kudos, finally something that sounds legit since he says he drove the car at the PA press event. I predict Acura will have this article removed within days. I just made a copy of the text.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:10 PM
sma
10th Gear

Originally Posted by sma
Kudos, finally something that sounds legit since he says he drove the car at the PA press event. I predict Acura will have this article removed within days. I just made a copy of the text.
Ahh, thanks invincible569, good idea on posting the text... you beat me to it.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Cheeeeeeckit?

Originally Posted by sma
let the records show that invincible569 has posted the sweetest piece of info yet. where was the article from?

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1