Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 01:21 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
so nothing on aug 1st!?
Just turned in our leased 03 TL. Called Honda Financial to inform them vehicle turned in . Representative from Honda Financial asked what our plans were for new car. Told her we are waiting for 07. She said "07 will have new body style and performance upgrades." I asked if she was certain...she replied yes..."very cool changes "
Old 07-31-2006, 01:54 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
I hate this thread, yet I can't stop reading itvfh;ashfdaskldjfhdaksf
I just recently tuned in after not being able to find any info anywhere else and now I'm checking this thread somewhat obsessively. I don't expect to hear anything tomorrow. But, I'm going to check here at the end of the day tomorrow and then try to stay away for a couple weeks if I can. I think it will be the end of August or early September before anything is announced. I'm basing this on the guy who said the unveiling for the dealers will be near the end of August.

By the way, I don't want a TL with a bunch of techno-crap on it if it is going to raise the price substantially. For '07, I'd be happy with a few more horses. A back-up camera? Are you serious? It's not a garbage truck. I presume you have a neck and I'm nearly certain the car will still have mirrors.

Hitting 300HP and beyond will definitely require AWD. I'd be happy with RWD (no snow here) but Honda would never do that.

If Honda goes too crazy with the TL and tries to compete with the 400HP+ German cars, I would never buy one because it would be too expensive to buy, not to mention insure. If all I cared about was performance, I probably wouldn't buy Honda cars. There are better performing cars out there for the same money or less. I buy Hondas first and foremost for the reliability, resale, etc. I like to buy my cars and keep them for a while. I don't like to lease.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by HondaFan66
I just recently tuned in after not being able to find any info anywhere else and now I'm checking this thread somewhat obsessively. I don't expect to hear anything tomorrow. But, I'm going to check here at the end of the day tomorrow and then try to stay away for a couple weeks if I can. I think it will be the end of August or early September before anything is announced. I'm basing this on the guy who said the unveiling for the dealers will be near the end of August.

By the way, I don't want a TL with a bunch of techno-crap on it if it is going to raise the price substantially. For '07, I'd be happy with a few more horses. A back-up camera? Are you serious? It's not a garbage truck. I presume you have a neck and I'm nearly certain the car will still have mirrors.

Hitting 300HP and beyond will definitely require AWD. I'd be happy with RWD (no snow here) but Honda would never do that.

If Honda goes too crazy with the TL and tries to compete with the 400HP+ German cars, I would never buy one because it would be too expensive to buy, not to mention insure. If all I cared about was performance, I probably wouldn't buy Honda cars. There are better performing cars out there for the same money or less. I buy Hondas first and foremost for the reliability, resale, etc. I like to buy my cars and keep them for a while. I don't like to lease.

I feel pretty much the same way you do. I'm looking for a typical TL and maybe with Navi. I'd like an 07 because I know it would be the newest. For example the 06 added a tire pressure gauge and that isn't much, but the 06 didn't increase much in cost either. If the 07 is too much of a jump, I may look for an 06. Not that I couldn't get the 07, but I feel like drawing a line somewhere if the price is way up.

The way I look at the Aug 1st thing is that a press release *might* come because it did last year. It also might come on any day in August so I keep looking. I also wonder if a press release can come *before* they unveil anything at the dealer. Maybe someone can clear this up for me.

I'm not sure how Honda delivers information. In other words, I'm not sure if press releases come over the net and then the dealers start talking within hours, and then they later get the cars in 2-4 weeks... OR if the dealers find out early and then the press release comes shortly afterwards. Based on things I heard here, I sort of think it will be the end of August, but there is always that thought that a press release may appear early and surprise us all. And that keeps going back what happened last year.

My Dad used to work at the Chrysler factory assembling cars. He could walk to the end of the line and see all the new cars before pretty much anyone else could. From what he explained they would park the new cars in a big parking lot and if you knew where that lot was you could see them.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by elvisdogtl
Just turned in our leased 03 TL. Called Honda Financial to inform them vehicle turned in . Representative from Honda Financial asked what our plans were for new car. Told her we are waiting for 07. She said "07 will have new body style and performance upgrades." I asked if she was certain...she replied yes..."very cool changes "
That's neat. I wonder if by "body" she means changing of the front grill and maybe tail lights, or there is more to this. I guess we'll find out. Thanks for posting that. Looking forward to the new changes.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:42 PM
6th Gear

This is my first post on here. I have not seen on here that Honda put $1,000 dealer cash on the 2006 TL on July 24. Three dealers in Virginia confirmed this dealer cash to me. Two of these dealers told me they have allocation order forms for the 2006 model for August and September, leading them to believe the 2007 will show up late October.

If you look at the current $3,000 cash on the RL and $2,500 cash on the MDX (see KBB or Edmunds) I believe Honda will go to $2,000 on the 2006 TL once the 2007 pictures and specs are released. I am in the market, but not until I see the 2007. If the 2007 is a late October/early November release, it will have a tough compete with the G35 coming out at the same time. If Honda has any marketing savvy they will get their 2007 TL out much earlier.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:28 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by lookingaround
This is my first post on here. I have not seen on here that Honda put $1,000 dealer cash on the 2006 TL on July 24. Three dealers in Virginia confirmed this dealer cash to me. Two of these dealers told me they have allocation order forms for the 2006 model for August and September, leading them to believe the 2007 will show up late October.

If you look at the current $3,000 cash on the RL and $2,500 cash on the MDX (see KBB or Edmunds) I believe Honda will go to $2,000 on the 2006 TL once the 2007 pictures and specs are released. I am in the market, but not until I see the 2007. If the 2007 is a late October/early November release, it will have a tough compete with the G35 coming out at the same time. If Honda has any marketing savvy they will get their 2007 TL out much earlier.
It's a funny thing about inventives. There's "dealer cash" and there's "customer cash" (often called factory money or rebates or different things, but you get the point).

Dealer cash is sometimes unadvertised because it's an incentive to the dealer from the factory to move cars. Whether the buyer ever sees that or not is up to the dealer. Direct customer incentives, OTOH, are advertised and they come right off the top of the deal you make.

In either case, though, incentive cash is very often offset by the deal the dealer is willing to make. Here's what I mean: If there is a $1,000 rebate or incentive (or whatever), most dealers figure you've already gotten a grand off the price of the car before you walk in, so there's no need for him to give in and cut his price as much as when there's no incentive. So when your deal is cut, it's probably no better than it would be without an incentive or rebate.

And, if it's a "hidden" dealer incentive, chances are you will not see it at all. After all, that's one way dealers make their profit margin. Slow-moving cars are often sold harder because of these incentives ... the dealer knows he'll make more on them and he pushes them. If you DO see it, you'll probably get a deal that's $1,000 higher than you'd otherwise get, so it cancels out. But it LOOKS good.

So in the final analysis, if you're a hard negotiator, you'll probably get pretty much the same deal either way. It's been years since I sold new cars, but the game hasn't changed that much ...
Old 07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lookingaround

Welcome to the nut house Just kidding. Mike's advise makes much sense. They love to play with figures and make you think your getting a deal. On the other hand, sometimes you can get a true deal. My Dad got a 2005 loaded Toyota Sienna, XLE when they were about to intoduce the 2006's, for $30,500. No navi, but had everything else. It should have gone for more like 33. We actually still don't know why that deal happened but it did. Maybe it was a hidden deal to the dealership as Mike suggested. He's in sales, so I'm sure he knows... On the other hand, I ordered something from a report that gives me the invoice price on a 2006 TL. It should be about 30k even with no navi. Figure that the dealer needs to make something, and maybe you could get one for 31k. Then there are others here that say you can get it below invoice.. Is that true? Mike_TX? Anyone?
Old 07-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
It's a funny thing about inventives. There's "dealer cash" ... <snip> but the game hasn't changed that much ...

I re-read this a couple of times and this is really useful to know.. Thanks for the insight.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Cruisin'

My deal...

2006 Acura TL/NAVI
31,700 includes
Destination
Pro Pack(Mud guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray)
Dealer Fees

Good on any IN STOCK vehicle. They also have a service where they will either bring the car to you or pick you up and bring you back to their dealership. Very professional dealership!

Jeffrey Acura
Detroit, MI
Ask for Internet Manager and say you want the "Cleveland Price"

The $1000 Acura to dealer incentive ends today so act fast.

If you're in Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Ohio, Michigan... you won't be able to beat this price. Believe me I tried...

Good Luck!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:57 PM
AcurAdmirer

TLFun, there are a number of things that go into the "price" of a car, as you can imagine. And of course, "invoice" isn't really the price the dealer pays the factory.

On top of that, there's "invoice" and then there's "invoice". LOL. Here's what I mean - most dealers of most brands are assessed a national advertising charge by the factory, for things like national and local TV advertising, magazine ads, etc., that benefit the dealers as well as the factory. In many cases, this assessment is 1% (or more) of the invoice price. So, you may get an invoice price off edmunds or KBB or wherever, and find out the dealer has a higher invoice price. This is usually legit, since that extra goes right back to the mfr.

But even so, the invoice price doesn't refleact all kinds of incentives, bonuses and holdbacks the dealers get from the factory for various things ... selling a certain number of a slow-moving product, parts sales, new car unit sales, and so on. So the invoice isn't telling you what the dealer actually makes.

On average (and this varies a lot between brands), a car sold at invoice (not counting the advertising chargeback) still nets the dealer $1,200 - 2,000. But keep in mind he has to pay rent, floorplan costs, salaries, utilities, his own local advertising costs, etc., etc., etc. out of that, and it doesn't leave him much for profit if he does a lot of it. Needless to say, factory money helps him at times like this, when the new models are around the corner and he needs to move out the current ones.

You may already know all this, but some people don't ....
Old 07-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Intermediate

God Please SOON

This thread is killing me. I know the 07 TL is a mid model year up date and most reasonable ppl believe the improvements will be modest. This leads me to think: 07 g35 is a refresh as well right??? Hell look at what is coming for that car in 07! G35 is the most crossed shopped car for the TL and that’s exactly what I’ve been doing while reading this thread. Please help me here; I think I am leaning toward a 07 g35. Damm, Acura make that 07 TL worth buying - puts hands together- prays a little
Old 07-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wooo Haaa
My deal...

2006 Acura TL/NAVI
31,700 includes
Destination
Dealer Fees

Good on any IN STOCK vehicle. They also have a service where they will either bring the car to you or pick you up and bring you back to their dealership. Very professional dealership!

Jeffrey Acura
Detroit, MI

If you're in Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Ohio, Michigan... you won't be able to beat this price. Believe me I tried...

Good Luck!
Wow that is amazing if they offered that price to me here in PA, I would buy the 06 tomorrow especially with a Navi......do you think they would get anywhere near that price here?????????
Old 07-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Racer

07 TL will be a refresh with minor cosmetic upgrades and possible bump in HP.
07 G35 will be a complete makeover. New engine, new interior, etc. Also will probably be close to $40,000
Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Cruisin'

Acura98TL Where in PA are you at?

I got a bunch of quotes from PA dealerships too. Email me and I'll forward them to you. If Acura continues the incentive program then you still may be able to get a good deal.

acura042006@yahoo.com
Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chfields
07 G35 will be a complete makeover. New engine, new interior, etc. Also will probably be close to $40,000
Thanks - that helped a little............. 36k for the TL. 40k for the G35. You sure get alot for 4000bucks dont ya think?
Old 07-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Racer

Being that the G35 is going to be all new, could mean problems, whereas TL is tried and true. I don't think theres enough difference to justify $4000.......
Old 08-01-2006, 02:28 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
TLFun, there are a number of things that go into the "price" of a car, as you can imagine. And of course, "invoice" isn't really the price the dealer pays the factory.

On top of that, there's "invoice" and then there's "invoice". LOL. Here's what I mean - most dealers of most brands are assessed a national advertising charge by the factory, for things like national and local TV advertising, magazine ads, etc., that benefit the dealers as well as the factory. In many cases, this assessment is 1% (or more) of the invoice price. So, you may get an invoice price off edmunds or KBB or wherever, and find out the dealer has a higher invoice price. This is usually legit, since that extra goes right back to the mfr.

But even so, the invoice price doesn't refleact all kinds of incentives, bonuses and holdbacks the dealers get from the factory for various things ... selling a certain number of a slow-moving product, parts sales, new car unit sales, and so on. So the invoice isn't telling you what the dealer actually makes.

On average (and this varies a lot between brands), a car sold at invoice (not counting the advertising chargeback) still nets the dealer $1,200 - 2,000. But keep in mind he has to pay rent, floorplan costs, salaries, utilities, his own local advertising costs, etc., etc., etc. out of that, and it doesn't leave him much for profit if he does a lot of it. Needless to say, factory money helps him at times like this, when the new models are around the corner and he needs to move out the current ones.

You may already know all this, but some people don't ....

Well, actually I didn't know most of it but it's getting clearer I always wondered how a dealership could make money selling at "invoice".. I kept thinking there making nearly nothing, yet in the back of my mind I knew they'd have to make something. So that something is about $1200-$2000, yet that is probably pretty close to nothing for them due to costs.

It's a lot of little things to consider, but I'm getting a much clearer picture of how it works. In theory, they could let a TL go for $28,500 if they really wanted to get rid of one, but I'm sure they'd never do it. Unless that just had to sell it fast (yeah right, lol).. Or it were their relative, and then maybe not even then. I'd be lucky to get the deal "Wooo Haaa" just mentioned.

What you mentioned about hidden incentives got me thinking a bit.. Can a dealership make money depending on wether they get financing or not for a customer? In other words, is there any connection, or hope that the customer goes with the financing especially if they give him a higher interest rate? The only reason I ask is because I get the feeling they hope for this and can also set the rates as a last card to play when making a deal look good while upping a cost somewhere else. An example might be they give the buyer a fantastic deal all around, but then they make some of it back on financing in the end. Thanks for taking the time to explain everything so well to me. Excellent info. I will definately keep it somewhere.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Advanced

My deal...

2006 Acura TL/NAVI
31,700 includes
Destination
Dealer Fees

Jeffrey Acura
Detroit, MI

Good Luck!
Like Acura98TL, I was amazed when I saw this deal you got. I've been held back by the fact that I need a good deal with an incentive to make it worth it to me. My nearby dealer in De won't give hardly any breaks. Do you know of anything in De? So I'd have to travel to PA which is fine. But I'd still need to know when/where incentives are. Could you let me know too? Also if I could ask, how did you find out?
Old 08-01-2006, 02:51 AM
Advanced

My deal...

2006 Acura TL/NAVI
31,700 includes
Destination
Dealer Fees

Jeffrey Acura
Detroit, MI

Good Luck!

Like Acura98TL, I was amazed when I saw this deal you got. I've been held back by the fact that I need a good deal with an incentive to make it worth it to me. My nearby dealer in De won't give me hardly any breaks. If there's nothing here, I'd travel to PA which is fine. But I'd still need to know when/where incentives are. Could you let me know too? Also if I could ask, how did you find out? Congrats on your deal.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by TLFun
That's too bad there are no Acura dealers there. I never knew the TSX was sold in Europe as a Honda accord either. The prices are also pretty outrageous as you mention. The shipping must have been expensive from Florida.. Well I'd bet people always ask you about your car since they have probably never seen one. And it probably looks like an exotic (almost ;-) )..
Yes, quite exotic!! People look at the TL with open mouth...
I have got a Black night hawk TL, and 2 months ago I ordered and installed the bumpers and the front of the A-spec + wheels Kosey 18". Now it looks simply great!
The shipping from Savannah costs with only 1 car in the container 2500$, with 2 cars the half cost. I had never seen a TL "live" until mine...
Old 08-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
updates?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Slicker Than Your Average

Originally Posted by chfields
The 2007 Acura TL and the 2007 Infiniti G35 are two different animals. The 2007 Infiniti G35 looks to be a much better car this time around ( in terms of quality, features, performance, etc. ). The 2007 Infiniti G35 is made in Japan where as the 2007 Acura TL is made in the U.S. ( Ohio ). This adds to the cost of the 2007 Infiniti G35. There's always a reason why some cars cost more than others in their class. Some guy a couple pages back said that the 2006 Lexus GS was a "over-priced Toyota;" compare the materials / quality in 2006 Lexus GS with the materials / quality in the 2006 Acura RL. Enough said. Car manufacturers can't just charge anything for their cars, they have to justify the price. BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, etc. customers are willing to pay for image / status and those car manufacturers have accounted for that in the price of their cars because their brand allows for it. Acura could never do this because they barely have an image / status. Imagine if Acura charged $45,000 for the current TL; no on would buy it. Now imagine if the current TL was under the BMW band for $45,000; it would sell like crazy.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:57 AM
2007 NBP TL-S

From TOV web site today....

TL
A significantly upgraded TL will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding the TL will become available on 9/1/06.

Significant minor model change

Powertain enhancements

Restyled exterior

New interior refinements

Additional technology features
Old 08-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wyman

TL
A significantly upgraded TL will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding the TL will become available on 9/1/06.

Powertain enhancements

Restyled exterior

New interior refinements

Old 08-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Advanced

TL

Powertain enhancements

Restyled exterior

New interior refinements

You beat me to it but unfortunately it doesn't tell us anything.. damn I guess we have to wait another month..
Old 08-01-2006, 11:17 AM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
This thread has completely warped my mind. Last week I was test driving 06s, I have dealers calling me with offers and my 540i is for sale in the papers. I would have been buying my anthracite/ebony auto/nav this week but now after reading this thread I feel if I don't wait a month I could really regret it. But I need a car like NOW and my wife is like "what the heck you stalling for??" With waiting I think I can't lose. If I don't like the facelift I can get more $$ off an 06. If I do like it I can be sitting in an 07 by Oct. Good thing I found Acurazine; I wouldn't have known about this otherwise. Losing sleep, Acura leak something out please!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:29 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by paskalicky
Hell look at what is coming for that car in 07! G35 is the most crossed shopped car for the TL and that’s exactly what I’ve been doing while reading this thread. Please help me here; I think I am leaning toward a 07 g35. Damm, Acura make that 07 TL worth buying - puts hands together- prays a little
I just don't see it that way. I think the TL is already worth buying regardless of what Nissan puts out. Nissan HAS to have the latest gadgets, "styling" (no thanks), bigger engine and all that just to compete with the TL. . .not the other way around. I think the current and the new G35s are hokey-looking compared to the TL. They have bigger engines (and get worse mileage) because they HAVE to in order to compete. I think Nissan quality is better than ever but I'll still take an Acura over an Infiniti any day. Toyota/Lexus really can't be beat but you pay dearly for it. I admit being biased towards Honda because I think they give you the best quality, performance, and overall value for your $$$. You can always pay a lot more and get something better from Lexus. Nissan/Infiniti is still questionable in my opinion but it's been a long time since I bought a Nissan product. But that's why I'm here and not on the Nissan board!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HondaFan66
I just don't see it that way. I think the TL is already worth buying regardless of what Nissan puts out. Nissan HAS to have the latest gadgets, "styling" (no thanks), bigger engine and all that just to compete with the TL. . .not the other way around. I think the current and the new G35s are hokey-looking compared to the TL. They have bigger engines (and get worse mileage) because they HAVE to in order to compete. I think Nissan quality is better than ever but I'll still take an Acura over an Infiniti any day. Toyota/Lexus really can't be beat but you pay dearly for it. I admit being biased towards Honda because I think they give you the best quality, performance, and overall value for your $$$. You can always pay a lot more and get something better from Lexus. Nissan/Infiniti is still questionable in my opinion but it's been a long time since I bought a Nissan product. But that's why I'm here and not on the Nissan board!
Thankx – I am definitely over my G35 crisis – Bring on the 07 TL!!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Instructor

I believe if the TL comes out with a CVT transmission they will eliminate the torque steer and then the increase of HP will be welcome to the FWD platform. The car will have more control of those HP at the wheels.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:49 AM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by TLFun
Can a dealership make money depending on wether they get financing or not for a customer?
Yes. The dealer gets a little "bonus" money from Honda (or whomever) for financing your purchase through them. And the dealer can also slot you in a higher interest rate if you're not careful, so pay attention to that.

This is also true in a lease, BTW, where you not only have to negotiate the price, the term and the mileage, but also the money factor (interest rate). A lot of people assume the rate is fixed, but that ain't the case at all!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
2nd Gear

From vtec.net

TL

* Significant minor model change
* Powertain enhancements
* Restyled exterior
* New interior refinements
* Additional technology features

Nothing new but at least there's a date for the official news release.
Not related but important to note the MDX blurb:

The all-new 2007 Acura MDX will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding MDX will appear on 9/1/06

* Full model change
* Track-tuned development
* Best in class V-6 engine
* Super Handing-All Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD TM)
* Bold, innovative styling
* Cutting-edge technology

The release does mention SH-AWD for MDX but nothing for TL.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Advanced

TL

Powertain enhancements

Restyled exterior

New interior refinements

How come they don't have any of this info in the Honda news media room or even Honda.com.....hmmm
Old 08-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura98TL
How come they don't have any of this info in the Honda news media room or even Honda.com.....hmmm
Because it's not Sept. 1st.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Because it's not Sept. 1st.
Because on vtec.net it says the Source was Acura PR!!!

Check this out:

Re: Jeff, Any info on TL? [View News Item] (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2006 13:17

outatimemk wrote:
Jeff, do you have any more info on the TL? Possibly some spyshots or anything? Theres also a 56 page thread over on acurazine of people who are drooling over speculation of the Type-S/07 MMC changes.

I have reams of info that was provided by Acura but I am obliged to sit on it until Sept. 1. But you can look back at stuff we published in the past (prior to receiving the official info) and draw a pretty clear picture. Our track record speaks for itself.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Advanced

It must be nice knowing everything before the world does.....
Old 08-01-2006, 12:52 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Tells me a lot...

* Significant minor model change (whatever that means)

* Powertain enhancements (new VTEC tuning to get the engine BACK to 270HP a la chinese TL)

* Restyled exterior (obviously small... chrome trim on the lower grill, turn signal mirrors?, different tails... whooptedo)

* New interior refinements (minor interior changes, whooptedo)

* Additional technology features (interested here... mp3 maybe? Aux port and new gen nav I bet)

No mention of the TL-S at all...

Originally Posted by supernoman
From vtec.net

TL

* Significant minor model change
* Powertain enhancements
* Restyled exterior
* New interior refinements
* Additional technology features

Nothing new but at least there's a date for the official news release.
Not related but important to note the MDX blurb:

The all-new 2007 Acura MDX will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding MDX will appear on 9/1/06

* Full model change
* Track-tuned development
* Best in class V-6 engine
* Super Handing-All Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD TM)
* Bold, innovative styling
* Cutting-edge technology

The release does mention SH-AWD for MDX but nothing for TL.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura98TL
Because on vtec.net it says the Source was Acura PR!!!
Yeah, the PR event they had the other week. The press can't say a thing until then, and Honda's not going to post anything before then...kind of a quid pro quo. You'll see info on these sites, both automotive and Honda/Acura when they say the info will be there, 9/1.

Kennedy - your above post is dead on (as have been the posts by all who have stated that the changes will be typical MMC changes). I wonder how many times it will get repeated over the next month .
Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Burning Brakes

I knew there wasn't going to be a Type S! Acura rid of the Type S badge cause they thought it spoiled their image of a luxury car maker and made them look like a ricer car maker. They said that a long time ago, but no one seems to know
Old 08-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Racer

Jeff from VTEC forgot to mention the significant excitement now being felt by Acura dealers who will be charging MSRP or close to it for the '07 based on this "Significant minor model change".
Old 08-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Cruisin'

What exactly does "Significant minor" change mean? Is that like jumbo shrimp or Microsoft Works?

Ben

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1