Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Slicker Than Your Average

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SaraC
My Acura dealer (not surprisingly) told me that if I wait to buy an '07 TL, I'll be paying near MSRP. I understand why the price rises, but is it really as high as MSRP in the month or two after release of the new model? Was this all BS?
Who the heck would pay MSRP for a 2007 Acura TL?! My brother got his 2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD for well below MSRP when it first came it ( along with all the other cars he's had ), so why would anyone pay MSRP for an Acura TL?
Old 07-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by S L I C K
Who the heck would pay MSRP for a 2007 Acura TL?! My brother got his 2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD for well below MSRP when it first came it ( along with all the other cars he's had ), so why would anyone pay MSRP for an Acura TL?
I would expect that how close you pay to MSRP is more a function of supply and demand than it's newness. If they can't keep the '07s on the lot because they are selling quickly, you sure will be paying MSRP. But, if they aren't moving off the lot with any speed, you will probably get a bit of a discount off MSRP, but not nearly as much as the '06s.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:27 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaFan66
Yeah, I'm new. . .but I have read the thread. I switched my preferences to show newest posts first and then went back and read a really old post thinking it was recent. The only reason I still asked what appears to be a really stupid question is because of the dearth of information about a car that should be available for sale in the next 2-3 months. Everything I've seen says that there will be refresh in '07 but is there anything official from Honda that says it will be available this fall? Honda sure keeps a tight lid on things.
There has been little or nothing "official" on the '07 TL. That's why this thread is full of speculation and wishful thinking.

But it's fairly safe to say the '07 TL will get some minor tweaks, since that's customary in the automobile business. After a car is out for a couple of years they have to do something to it to keep it attractive to new buyers ... we have a short attention span and cars have a short "half-life", due to the competition.

No one here really expects anything major at all.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:54 PM
10th Gear

That's an interesting comparison considering the MSRP for the car he bought is more that 10K higher than an '06 TL. He also got a car that is slower, has less HP and I'm sure he paid more than he would have paid for a full-priced TL. I think you should wait and get an '07 TL and, even if you have to pay full price, you'll probably pay less than he did and you'll smoke that overpriced Toyota.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

Motor Trend-Sept. 06' on page 76' is reporting a 3.5 V-6 300 h.p. Type-S.

Rocky
Old 07-28-2006, 06:13 PM
G35Killerrr

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm...orted-to-china

Guy Just find something about the TL
hope is not old news
Old 07-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Cheeeeeeckit?

Originally Posted by KenUA6
http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm...orted-to-china

Guy Just find something about the TL
hope is not old news
good effort...but old news...judging how ravenously active particpants of this thread have been searching, i'm betting its safe to say that no new news will be found until acura make an announcement.

i'm still counting on next tuesday as 8/1 was when they made the announcement of the 06 last year.

whats funny is that if you look on autospies and the like there are spy photos already out for the 08 models.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by brian92873
good effort...but old news...judging how ravenously active particpants of this thread have been searching, i'm betting its safe to say that no new news will be found until acura make an announcement.

i'm still counting on next tuesday as 8/1 was when they made the announcement of the 06 last year.

whats funny is that if you look on autospies and the like there are spy photos already out for the 08 models.
I looked on autospies and couldn't find any pics that referenced the 07' or 08' Acura TL .

I'd don't want to call B.S. but couldn't find anything remotely close.

Rocky
Old 07-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Office Linebacker

Yup. I check autospies daily. Pictures of the Audi R8 are sick though
Old 07-28-2006, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear

I've sold several Acuras through my dealer to friends and family and have a pretty good rapport with them. I just unloaded an 05 TL on my ex girlfriend yesterday and tonight I met a Honda rep who was giving sales people test drives in the RDX. I asked him when they were going to re-design the TL and they said not for a couple years. He did say that the headlights, tail lights, side mirrors and some other minor cosmetics will be changing, but the interior will remain the same. The Navi system will be upgraded to the latest/greatest version and some Bluetooh "tweaks" or some bug fixes will be done.

What he went on to say really appealed to me since the demise of the Type-S models other than the RSX. The TL will have a Type-S model, be all wheel drive and incorporate other power and suspension tweaks to compete with Audi, BMW and Lexus on a more level playing field. He also went on to say that the fate of the RSX was not set in stone as being "dead" as it has been rumored due to the draw of a fuel-efficient luxury compact picking up speed.

I have an RSX-S A-Spec that I got as my daily driver and absolutely love the little thing. I even got the massive wing too (hahahaha)... The car is quiet, handles incredibly and the reliability, TCO and craftmanship of the vehicle will probably keep me an Acura customer for life...

When I heard the news about the new TL-S w/AWD and 300+HP, I told my dealer to notify me the moment they have more news regarding it as well as the NSX.

I just heard this tonight from a Honda rep, so I am guessing it is pretty legit...
Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
[QUOTE=krio]
Originally Posted by rockylee
The fastest TL 0-60 time with a stick I saw was 5.7 Q-Mile 14.0

Well anyways y'all were correct about the Type-R and it's based on the European Civic. However it said we could see it sometime in the future. I sometimes don't understand why Honda hesitates on performance ?

I don't agree with you... You meen maybe POWER NOT performance... Honda's cars were always super performant even if less powerful than the germans cars... Think about the NSX at the beginning of the '90, when even Ferrari opened mouth and told: yes, this car is the best sport car of all times...
The reason is that Honda's meaning is getting fast cars with small-medium engines for ecological and consuming reasons: a V8 or V10 it's much more dirthy
and hungry of a V6.
BUT now Honda get new problems: the incomprehensible and creazy growth of the new engine's generation of the concurrencewith 300-400hp or more , risks to leave the Honda engines too far behind...
For that reason, one year ago, the Honda president told about the start of the project for the FIRST V8 engine in the history of his company...
We have not to forget that the next generation of the RL, Honda LEGEND in Europe, will get a V8 in 2010, and the NSX in 2008 a V10 with something around 500 hp...
They run small engines over there because the govenment lays a hefty penalty on engines over a certain size. A V8 is not necessarly more dirty than a V6 and think about this, an LS1 powered F-body gets about the same gas mileage as a TL.

I'll probably get banned for this but that's ok. I'm not picking on anyone in particular but so many people in this thread act like the NSX is a supercar. It only has a supercar price. Sure, it uses a lot of alumunum. But look at the curb weight. A lot of good that aluminum did huh. It weighs more than a corvette. It was horribly underpowered compared to other cars in it's class. Think about it, a new TL is not much slower and a TL is pretty damn slow. It cornered ok and braked ok but nothing special. There is nothing that car does that warrants the price.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Cheeeeeeckit?

Originally Posted by rockylee
I looked on autospies and couldn't find any pics that referenced the 07' or 08' Acura TL .

I'd don't want to call B.S. but couldn't find anything remotely close.

Rocky
maybe i should clarify as i thought it was blatently obvious...there are spy shots of 08 models from other manufacturers...

c'mon dude...if there were already spy shots of the 08 TL i highly doubt there would be this many views/posts to this thread...use your head.

i'm gonna go ahead and call bs on your intelligence.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:53 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CobraCommander

What he went on to say really appealed to me since the demise of the Type-S models other than the RSX. The TL will have a Type-S model, be all wheel drive and incorporate other power and suspension tweaks to compete with Audi, BMW and Lexus. . . I just heard this tonight from a Honda rep, so I am guessing it is pretty legit...
I find this very hard to believe. . .at least for '07. But, who knows, maybe Honda will be trying out some of the next generation technology in the limited-production Type-S. Not a bad way to work out the kinks. I wouldn't dismiss it completely and that would explain the hefty price difference previously quoted.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CobraCommander
He did say that the headlights, tail lights, side mirrors and some other minor cosmetics will be changing, but the interior will remain the same. The Navi system will be upgraded to the latest/greatest version and some Bluetooh "tweaks" or some bug fixes will be done.
no interior changes - no upgrading the ELS or making it capable of reading mp3 cd's...
Old 07-29-2006, 01:44 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by krio
Hey wait... Is this the 2007 Acura TL? Or is it a trick? If this is right, then it must be the 2007 !!! But at the bottom it says "For suggestions on how to find 2007 Acura TL pictures, stick with us".. Yet it seems to imply the 2007.. The article does talk about the 2007.. So it seems that it has new info on the 2007, but is trying to say they don't have the picture.. Or is that picture up top the picture? I don't want to give a false hope, but here it is: (and it is a bit early)

SHIT!!! It's the concept car of 2004... Why don't you read this thread???

Tlfun could you tell (or someone else in the forum) me : with my TL 2005 270 hp automatic, how fast is the 0-60mph with the SPORT SHIFT?

Krio, maybe you could explain why people like you show up in every forum and try to make others feel bad for what shouldn't bother them? I think AltecBX's posts have been more useful than some, including yours. You should consider that before insulting me or others.

I did read pretty much all the 48 pages of mostly false, and misleading info, and enough is enough. Considering that the TL's don't change much between life cycles, the blurry picture from Motor Trend might have been the 2007 for all anyone knows. 05's don't differ much from 04's either.

I think most people come here to relax and have fun while they try to spot small clues about what the 2007 *might* be like. Also the "07" Motor Trend "specs" are not really identical to the 2004-2006 so it makes it hard to figure out how they might apply to a 2007. Yet some of those acceleration figures might be true. THAT's why I wondered about Motor Trend printing that, and it obviously went right over your head.

"Tlfun could you tell (or someone else in the forum) me : with my TL 2005 270 hp automatic..." Considering that the 2005 TL is 258 hp and not 270, maybe you should re-read the entire forum and learn a thing or two about not acting 14 when your 32. At least go back and re-read something on spelling and grammer before you preach to people. Actually I think a good suggestion is that you should read the ENTIRE internet before you come back and post again. That way you can say you read everything.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:27 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by brian92873
maybe i should clarify as i thought it was blatently obvious...there are spy shots of 08 models from other manufacturers...

c'mon dude...if there were already spy shots of the 08 TL i highly doubt there would be this many views/posts to this thread...use your head.

iIm gonna go ahead and call bs on your intelligence.
I'm not the one with rocks or piles of manure for brains. If your going to rin your pie hole, man up and take responsibilty, otherwise shut the F-up

Rocky
Old 07-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Intermediate

Motor trend magazine just printed their new cars and facelifts for 07. There will be a type s for the TL with a 300 hp motor!
Time to trade in!
Old 07-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Red face

What are you talking about?
It was Altec that wrote about the Motor Trand photos not me, first.
There were no photos until the moment on the net of the TL 2007, and the photo of M. T. is 3 years old...
And second I have got my TL in march 2005 and it was the model with 270 hp...

The 258 hp went on the TL model 2006 NOT 2005,

Than read better and relax...
Old 07-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TLFun
Krio, maybe you could explain why people like you show up in every forum and try to make others feel bad for what shouldn't bother them? I think AltecBX's posts have been more useful than some, including yours. You should consider that before insulting me or others.
TL Fun,
I'm very relaxed at the moment...
It was Altec that wrote about the Motor Trand photos not me, first.
There were no photos until the moment on the net of the TL 2007, and the photo of M. T. is 3 years old... second

And third I have got my TL in march 2005 and it was the model with 270 hp...

Old 07-29-2006, 08:10 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by krio
[

And third I have got my TL in march 2005 and it was the model with 270 hp...

Your engine has NO MORE HORSEPOWER than the '06!

The engine power NEVER decreased from 05 to 06!! Same engine output. It was just tested using the SAE method which results in more accurate ratings. You must not be from around these parts. This has been hashed out for months.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Advanced

Back to the real question. The 2007!

Have NO pictures or real information leaked from the press event that happened a week or so ago?

This is killing me.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
EVERYONE better lighten up and take a deep breath.

In case you haven't noticed, some members are on "vacation" because of abuses in this thread -failure to stay on topic after warnings, etc.

We do not tolerate member bashing and personal attacks.

If you feel you must make comments of that nature, send a Private Message (PM) because the rest of us don't want to hear it.

This is a popular and informative thread if ppl will stay on topic and cease squabbling. It would be a shame to close it before we get concrete information because a few ppl can't follow the rules.

"A word to the wise is sufficient."
Old 07-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Xpditor
EVERYONE better lighten up and take a deep breath.[

In case you haven't noticed, some members are on "vacation" because of abuses in this thread -failure to stay on topic after warnings, etc.
Sorry Xpditor...
Old 07-29-2006, 09:16 AM
AcurAdmirer

Everytime someone mentions upgrading the TL's Nav, I wonder if that means to the RL's system. I would certainly hope not, since I've had both touchscreen and non-touchscreen Nav and I prefer the convenience of touchscreen.

Yes, the RL's system has better voice recognition, but being able to tap the old screen is better IMO.

The TL's Nav could use better graphics and higher resoultion, and if that's what they mean that's fine. But don't ditch the touchscreen!
Old 07-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
A Housekeeping reminder to members:

When you click the QUOTE button on the bottom right of a post, the post will be automatically included in a shaded quote box.

If you wish to quote just a portion of the post, here is the manual technique:

[ QUOTE=name of poster ] Text.................. [ /QUOTE]

Ignore the spaces before/after the brackets.

If you don't have the opening and closing parts like the example (sans spaces), your quote box won't work.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Racer

nah chill, i just got my wdp with ebony interior, my heart wont be able to take it if they change it. i would be more hurt if they bring back the RRP with ebony interior like they had it in 2004 along with the type s
Old 07-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by imrantl
nah chill, i just got my wdp with ebony interior, my heart wont be able to take it if they change it. i would be more hurt if they bring back the RRP with ebony interior like they had it in 2004 along with the type s
Time for a trade-in then! lol I'm already saving up for a future investment for the next year to come.. an '05 TL, G35 coupe.. or what the hell.. maybe the "new Type-S" that may be out there. haha
Old 07-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by HondaFan66
I find this very hard to believe. . .at least for '07. But, who knows, maybe Honda will be trying out some of the next generation technology in the limited-production Type-S. Not a bad way to work out the kinks. I wouldn't dismiss it completely and that would explain the hefty price difference previously quoted.
They have been working out the kinks since 2003 on the Global platform(Accord, TL, RL).
Old 07-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Slicker Than Your Average

The 2007 Acura TL Type-S ( if it ever comes out ) will have nothing on the 2007 Infiniti G35 because it will most likely be the same car with some extra HP. I love my 2005 Acura TL, but Acura really needs to do something special with the 2007 Acura TL if it wants to stay with the competition ( Infiniti G35, Lexus IS 250 / 350, Lexus ES 350, BMW 3 Series, etc. ). The quality of the 2007 Acura TL better be better also ( why would you make a Japanese car in the U.S.; Infiniti doesn't do it, so why does Acura ). For the 2007 Acura TL to be successful IMO, it will need to have more HP, a better Acura Navigation System w/ a backup camera, an upgraded ELS Surround Sound System, a SmartAccess System, an Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), a MP3 / WMA port, upgraded gauges, and some more modern / aggressive styling. Every car model that people cross-shop with the Acura TL is a new re-designed model, so Acura needs to do something special to get people excited about the Acura TL again. Simply adding a Type-S model to the Acura TL line-up won't do IMO.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Advanced

The 2007 Acura TL Type-S ( if it ever comes out ) will have nothing on the 2007 Infiniti G35 because it will most likely be the same car with some extra HP. I love my 2005 Acura TL, but Acura really needs to do something special with the 2007 Acura TL if it wants to stay with the competition ( Infiniti G35, Lexus IS 250 / 350, Lexus ES 350, BMW 3 Series, etc. ). The quality of the 2007 Acura TL better be better also ( why would you make a Japanese car in the U.S.; Infiniti doesn't do it, so why does Acura ). For the 2007 Acura TL to be successful IMO, it will need to have more HP, a better Acura Navigation System w/ a backup camera, an upgraded ELS Surround Sound System, a SmartAccess System, an Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), a MP3 / WMA port, upgraded gauges, and some more modern / aggressive styling. Every car model that people cross-shop with the Acura TL is a new re-designed model, so Acura needs to do something special to get people excited about the Acura TL again. Simply adding a Type-S model to the Acura TL line-up won't do IMO.
Even with the type-s in '07 wtih no AWD.. I am ready to get a '06 TL below invoice or wait for '07 G35. The only problem is with the G35 is that its the first new model year and that it may have some problems to work out.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:10 PM
AcurAdmirer

For the 2007 Acura TL to be successful IMO, it will need to have more HP, a better Acura Navigation System w/ a backup camera, an upgraded ELS Surround Sound System, a SmartAccess System, an Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), a MP3 / WMA port, upgraded gauges, and some more modern / aggressive styling.
Get ready to pay about $41,500 or more for that car, then.

The cars with that stuff are $40,000 and over, so you can see that's moving the TL out of its target market. That's what they have the RL for (even though we all know the RL misses the mark, too).

The point is that Acura isn't gonna put those things into a TL no matter how much you wish for it. Unless, of course, they sh!tcan the RL and offer an upmarket loaded TL in its place. And don't hold your breath for that one ...

Carmakers have to slot their cars into tidy little segments, to appeal to certain buyers and to keep the price competitive. The TL just isn't in the segment that has backup cameras and adaptive front lighting, etc. The cars that DO have those things are Lexuses, Infinitis others that are in a slightly higher segment.

Now, Acura could move it upmarket in 2009 and compete head-to-head with those other guys with an all-new TL, and it's possible they will.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Instructor

Just got some info on 2007 TL:

Revised rear end styling

LED tail lights

Exhaust pipe finishers

Newly designed alloy wheels

New Tires

New side rear view mirrors

Updated Satellite Navigation
Old 07-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=Mike_TX]
I agree with you Mike: 40$ it's out of the market for the TL. But about the Type-S... If we look at the Audi, the RS4 with 414 hp went only at the end of the 2005 with the RESTYLING VERSION of the A4.
In 2007 will be on sell in Europe the all new A4 and A5 coupè. The RS4 version in less than 2 selling years will get old! Maybe Acura will do the same? A Type S for the end of the 2006, and an all new TL for the end of 2008??
Merz and Bmw get their "sport" versions AMG and M much more faster than Audi. (The last, incredibly fast RS6, 4,8 s. to 60mph and 444 hp, the new RS6 will get on end 2007 600+ hp, was on the market the last 2 years of the selling of the old model A6).
The all new C series will get the 6.3 engine with 517 hp at the end of 2007, the M3 will ready at the end of 2006...
If we look at Audi we have than a little, little chance to see in a month a Type-S version on the restyled TL 2007... [QUOTE]
Old 07-29-2006, 03:40 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AltecBX

Revised rear end styling

LED tail lights

Exhaust pipe finishers

New Tires

where did you get this info and do you know if the taillights would work on an 04 tl?
Old 07-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Racer

nah i mean, i might trade my car for kshawns rrp if they dont come out with that combo again
Old 07-29-2006, 04:06 PM
7th Gear

don't think the '07 will be much if any different from the chinese version.....

ones in china were and are being produced in the ohio plant....

would be nice to see a type-s come back
Old 07-29-2006, 04:54 PM
MusicMan220

AltecBX, where did you get this info?
Old 07-29-2006, 05:05 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by AltecBX

Revised rear end styling

LED tail lights

Exhaust pipe finishers

New Tires

we already have LED tail lights, do u mean clear LED tail lights?
Old 07-29-2006, 05:24 PM
AcurAdmirer

If news on the '07 DOES come out today or tomorrow, it's because I gave up and inked a deal today on an '06. 36-month lease, got car at invoice.

BTW. the GM at the dealership told me he is going to see the '07's the end of next month. Says Acura has a big unveiling for the dealers then. He thinks the S-type will have SH-AWD, but when I asked him why he thought that, he just said he figured 300hp was too much NOT to have it. So he didn't seem to have any inside info or anything ... just his opinion.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:31 PM
I like to mod teh Bimmer

Originally Posted by MusicMan220
AltecBX, where did you get this info?
From what I remember, he has some friend inside Honda who I believe is R&D. He probably knows more than he's telling us.

Quick Reply: 2007+ MERGED THREAD, SPECS ARE NOW ON PAGE 1, POST #1